[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yu-Gi-Oh! Casual Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

So I used to play YGO! From 2005 to 2010, and I used to make tons of fun themed decks. Before XYZ I stopped playing and started MTG a year latter. Now I want to also get back into non competitive Yu-Gi-Oh. I have two questions I am hoping /tg/ can help.
>Is there a agreed ban list for casual players?
>Any good sites to help make deck list like tapped out.com?

Any feedback appreciated!
>>
>>54203725
What I have seen is in casual play most people play 3 copies of any card, and only on copy of really powerful cards like Monster reborn, Call of the hunted, the God cards, and ect.
>>
>>54203725
Hey, welcome back to YGO! It's awesome to see people getting into it
>Is there an agreed ban list for casual players?
Most people I've come across in casual play use the most recent advanced format ban list in the TCG. These ban lists seem to be used universally, so keep that in mind.
>Any good sites to help make deck list like tapped out.com?
There are websites that can be used as deckbuilding tools, if that's what ya mean? Most things should be relatively easy to find with a quick google search.
>>
>>54204206
Thanks for the advice, I found a site called YGOPRODECK, I just like to see all the card images laid out when making a deck list.

As for the ban list I am surprised so many casual players use advanced. Cards like Heavy Storm, Gaint Trunada, and Premature Burial seemed fine at limed to one. But thank you for the advice, I do appreciate it.
>>
I grew up playing yugioh a lot but ive been out of the loop for years. I understand synchros and xyz but how the fuck do pendulums work? I was playing a dude at a con that had a whole deck based around them and I was using a deck i had from like 08 and i just couldnt understand what he was doing. Ive watched videos on it but i still dont fully get it. What are the two numbers and why does it matter where I place them?
>>
Are there any sites for full art of YGO cards like there is for MTG cards?
>>
>>54205958
OP here, honestly I am just avoiding Pendlums all together. I might use an XYZ if it just happens to work well with the deck
>>
>>54206274
Xyz are my favourite addition to the series its so reliable it virtually eliminates the randomness of the game. I have a massive hard on for strongly strategic based card games. My old decks where almost purely fusion based.
>>
>>54203725
Just go full domain monarchs and wreck shit with the most fun deck that doesn't even use an extra deck
>>
>>54203725
yeah, most casual players agree to comp banlists
>>
File: info_pendulum_summon_01.jpg (118KB, 700x239px) Image search: [Google]
info_pendulum_summon_01.jpg
118KB, 700x239px
>>54203725
>Is there a agreed ban list for casual players?
Every casual player I've played with just uses the official banlist that Konami puts out.
>>54205958
Look at pic related. The numbers indicate what level monsters you can pendulum summon. In the picture the pendulum monsters have a scale of 1 and 8, therefore you can pendulum summon monsters that are between those two numbers. So monsters between the levels of 2 and 7 can be pendulum summoned with these scales. Placement doesn't matter at all. You could have the Scale 8 on the left side and the Scale 1 on the right, but they still function the same, so you can still pendulum summon monsters between those levels.
>>
File: 1479651773561.jpg (53KB, 358x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479651773561.jpg
53KB, 358x600px
>>54203725
>remember buying and loving the old starter decks ~2002
>kinda want to buy new ones because my old cards weren't treated well by young self
>look them up on ebay
God damn, they're either in some foreign language or they cost a fortune.
>>
Is pendulum summoning as stupid as it sounds?
>>
>>54209431
No, pendulums are awful.
>>
>>54209431
Yes. They banned Return from a Different Dimension because summoning up to 5 monsters with a cost that can be played any time and a drawback that can easily be negated by Synchro/Xyz summoning was "broken"; yet being able to special summon up to 5 monsters per turn with no cost or drawback whatsoever is a OK.
Let's not even mention how fucking broken pendulums being sent to the Extra Deck instead of the Graveyard is.
YGO is broken beyond repair since the Xyz era.
I would suggest playing it with a free simulator like YGOPro or using proxies, because the game is broken as it is and Konami doesn't deserve more money.
>>
File: 1091481.jpg (36KB, 309x450px) Image search: [Google]
1091481.jpg
36KB, 309x450px
>>54210474
If you think pendulums are broken than you're a retard, anon. Pendulums are easy as hell to shut down. Spell and Trap removal can destroy their scales, so a single Mystical Space Typhoon can ruin their plans. If you pendulum summon and your opponent uses a Solemn Warning then ALL of the monsters that are being summoned have their summon negated. Bottomless Trap Hole will banish everything that's being pendulum summoned. Pic related even annihilates pendulums. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>54210826
Same thing applies with Return from the Different Dimension, but it's still banned.
I'm not saying the game is broken thanks to Pendulums (Qlis were a mistake, though); the game is broken because new mechanics make no sense and new archetypes don't have any costs or drawbacks to keep them in check.
I played from 2007 until recently and decided to quit because Zoos, Monarchs and True Dracos are just plain disgusting. Decks that just play themselves with little or no variation.
Last time I saw such a boring and broken format was with TeleDAD and Frog FTK. But even then the decks didn't have 90 % of usage in tournaments and Konami actively tried to balance the game. Nowadays all they do is cripple the most powerful archetypes, while also releasing a new archetype that is equally or more broken to milk players.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.