[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exalted General - /exg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 35

File: Naram-Sin.jpg (90KB, 558x877px) Image search: [Google]
Naram-Sin.jpg
90KB, 558x877px
What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms%20of%20the%20Chosen%20Preview.docx?dl=0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
http://theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
http://theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
https://pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
https://pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
https://pastebin.com/d8erArwm
https://pastebin.com/fPSSNQZL
https://pastebin.com/2pPpjjv5
https://pastebin.com/fLRD51Hf
>>
How strong do you guys figure a mortal sorcerer could make himself through Workings? Like, could he raise his Essence and give himself an Essence pool? How high should the maximum Essence be? What would he get out of it? If he could learn Charms, how strong should they be?
>>
>>54202494

A mortal by definition has no Essence Pool, and if he could raise his Essence, what would that accomplish? There are no charms for him to learn and he his still locked out of higher tiers of Sorcery.

The most he could do is learn different 1st circle spells, or give himself mutations.
>>
>>54202951
Did you miss the part where he said
>raise his Essence and give himself an Essence pool
>>
>>54202494
He wouldn't be a mortal if he has an essence pool.
>>
>>54202951
>and if he could raise his Essence, what would that accomplish?
That is kind of the question. There are no Charms for mortals to learn, but could a sorcerer give himself an Essence pool and learn Martial Arts Charms, or attune to an artifact and learn its Evocations? Or rather should he be able to do so, and with what limitations? I'm not looking for a canon answer, as I have read the 3E Core pretty thoroughly, but I'd like to hear opinions about this kind of stuff.
>>
>>54202976
That is besides the point. Whether a sorcerer with an Essence pool should be called mortal isn't the question, whether a mortal sorcerer should be able to become a being with an Essence pool is.
>>
>>54203032
If a mortal earns an essence pool, it'd be through becoming something more. Either through Exaltion or by cheating his standing through sorcery to become an elemental or a low ranking god or even a ghost.

If he becomes one of those beings, he gets the essence pool and charms of that being.

because he is that being
>>
>>54203112
What about creatures like Mist?
>>
Since we have a dead thread about sorcery here, it seems appropriate to talk about necromancy. Do we know anything about how it'll work in 3E? Will it be just another flavor of sorcerous initiation, or a separate thing of its own? I know the nephwrack in the core uses plain old sorcery, but I seem to vaguely, and possibly incorrectly, remember hearing that this is just due to sorcery already being a thing while necromancy is still in the works.
>>
>>54206053
I believe Necromancy is still in the works. I hope we get some cool shit out of it though, ghost wizards need to ghost.
>>
Hello, I am totally new to Exalted. I would like to know if I can transfer a certain PC I had in another setting to this one.

He was a Charlatan True Fae in Changeling The Lost. In a nutshell, he was a Khorne-like war god who exiled himself from his domain to seek redemption after a lifetime of wanton bloodshed and conquest. Now he's a wandering vigilante, wannabe Good Samaritan and religious scholar. His visuals and powers are based on Biblical Angels (i.e. covered in eyes, awe-inspiring aura, luminous halo, booming voice, wings and such). He had the Virtues of Justice/Faith and the Vice of Wrath.
>>
Hey guys, working on DB family trees. The Realm expects each DB to have 2 kids I believe, what the is the time limit, as it were, on that? Did they expect two kids by 40? 50? 80? I seem to recall reading this but I can't find it.
>>
>>54206498

That'd be a raksha character.

It'd work, but raksha games are rare.
>>
>>54207024
The first child is expected to be born within a few decades of getting married, I think.
>>
>>54202457
>sargon
Are the pol/tards here yet?
>>
>>54207208
What? Sorry, anon, I don't really follow /pol/-related discussions, so I don't know what you mean. I just figured Akkadian Empire is decent inspiration for Exalted and therefore kind of vaguely relevant.
>>
>>54207024
>>54207185
I chekced what the 1E Dragon-Blooded book says, and according to it a marriage will be voided if no children are born withing 50 years. Rumours will start to fly if 30 years or so go by without children. I'm not sure when Dragon-Blooded usually marry, but my understanding is that they generally get their careers started and start to establsih themselves as respectable members of Dynastic society before doing so. I'd say it's probably reasonable to assume that the average DB has his/her first kid in his 50s, with outliers in both directions existing.
>>
>>54207343

How long do DBs live for again? 300 or so years?
>>
>>54207355
200-300 years, IIRC. Some high-Essence DBs with luck and healthy lifestyles can live to 400, but living much longer than that requires shenanigans.
>>
>>54206498
Change it from a war god to some reformed warlord and it probably fits Solar.

I've been letting players fluff their characters/stories as Exigent whilst just sticking to the rules for Solars, which could also work, but even typing this is probably going to cause certain people to develop an ulcer.
>>
>>54208149
I don't think there's anything you can say about Exalted without someone developing an ulcer because of it.
>>
>>54202976

Mortals in past editions could get essence pools. It's a thing. Dunno about 3E, but removing this as a thing seems unnecessary.
>>
>>54211391
in this edition mortals that get essence pools stop being mortals
>>
>>54211412

Gonna file this in my brain under "Fucking useless retcon that essentially changes nothing".
>>
>>54206498
If you're willing to make them mortal, a human warlord or former agent of the Crusade fits fine.

If you really want the inhuman angle, a Rakasha or Exigent
>>
>>54211446
no, it means you won't be playing the same guy but with essence
something major will change if you get essence
>>
>>54211467

Like...What?
>>
>>54211485
we have an example in the core book
Mist, the Eternal Revolutionary
>>
>>54207208
/pol/ hates Sargon, tbqh.

>>54207252
Sargon of Akkad is a major youtuber in the so-called "skeptic community." He's pretty good, if you're into that sort of thing; very well read, very well researched, fairly high production value to his videos.
>>
>>54211446
It's not a retcon technically. 2e core defines Mortals as "A mortal is someone who cannot spend motes of Essence to achieve effects. This includes normal people, animals and Wyld mutants."
>>
How long does a year last on Creation? I need to find out what's the max number of Demons and Elementals I can have bound "for a year and a day" at one time.
>>
File: 500px-Mgs31.jpg (50KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Mgs31.jpg
50KB, 500x375px
Could I get an opinion on an artifact and a couple of evocations? It's basically meant to be Snake's tranq gun in artifact form.

Light Artifact Archery Weapon
Tags: Lethal, Archery (Medium), Crossbow, Piercing, Slow

Evocations with no fluff:

Dart of False Death
Cost: 5m; Mins: Essence 1
Type: Reflexive
Keywords: None
Duration: Instant
Prerequisites: None

This automatically loads the crossbow with a dart that has the subtle weapon property and a toxin (Damage 3i/round, Duration 6 rounds, -2 penalty) that does no damage to crashed people but knocks out for about six hours(basically mists of eventide) unless they're roughly shaken or damaged, but only actual damage can wake them up for as long as the toxin is in their system.

Certain Theft of Consciousness Angle
Cost: 3m; Mins: Essence 1
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Decisive Only
Duration: Instant
Prerequisites: Dart of False Death

This can only be used on an unexpected decisive attack with the dart from the last charm which benefits from an accuracy bonus due to aiming. It lets you roll your decisive damage normally despite the attack being subtle except the result is added to the first damage interval of the toxin.

If you prefer, every three successes on the damage roll can instead be turned into an extra round of duration, added before the victim rolls to resist, just to help affect enemies with high stamina+resistance. Furthermore, the first interval of damage gets rolled at the beginning of the victim's turn and is applied right then and there if it'd be enough to crash, so they don't get to act.
>>
>>54211533
>Sargon of Akkad is a major youtuber in the so-called "skeptic community." He's pretty good, if you're into that sort of thing; very well read, very well researched, fairly high production value to his videos.

He's full of shit and just googles for the first headline that agrees with his pre-existing right wing views no matter if it actually agrees with him or not. Also he's a boring dumbass whose videos are way too fucking long.
>>
>>54211763
(you)
now stop talking about politics/ecelebs
>>
>>54211649
15 months of 28 days each, plus the five days of Calibration that aren't a part of the year, so summoned demons have their bindings last for 421 days.
>>
What happened to last thread

you all started talking about how the gender politics of Exalted was "problematic"

then the thread vanished

I got scared
>>
>>54211789
So if I can find a way to get one extra willpower each day, I can have 842 spirits/demons following me around.

Incidentally, is it better to use big battlegroups and war charms or individuals and survival charms?
>>
>>54211806
Mods, probably.
>>
>>54211786
Fair enough, I just wanted to shit on Carl of Patreon because lmfao that post was fellating that moron.

So, folks, bets on when Arms of the Chosen comes out?
>>
File: 1491877858357.jpg (685KB, 1040x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1491877858357.jpg
685KB, 1040x1536px
>>54211813
The the ritual begins at sundown and end at midnight, so you can only summon once per day anyway. Regardless, it's probably more worth your time to make things that can learn sorcery via second circle workings and have them summon demons for you.

Also, War just because fuck you for wanting to manage so many demons as individuals.
>>
>>54211919
it's probably more worth your time to make things that can learn sorcery via second circle workings and have them summon demons for you
I'll give it a look.

Also, if I was gonna use survival charms, I wouldn't use more than, like, 2 or 3 summons. I'm not THAT mean to my GM.
>>
>>54203006
I think that a mortal should be able to reach some level of power through their efforts.

Maybe they could become as strong as a very weak exigent through enough sorcerous workings although that would a long time.

They would probably have to cheat and use some very powerful reagents or some secret artifact in order to seize greater power that isn't gifted to them.
>>
>>54211960
Summon demons to help your GM keep track of the demons you've summoned. I mean is there any problem demon summoning doesn't solve?
>>
>>54212669
summoning demons doesn't (always) help you get rid of demons
>>
>>54202457
How powerful was a Yozi in 2e? I could never make sense of those things. Why is Malfeas supposed to be impressive when SWLIHN can blow up the universe with her name and Isidoros IS a universe dense enouh to squash Malfeas? Is Cecelyne literally invincible, or helpless to any E10 being that has a Charm that lets their effects be treated as if they were one Essence ranking higher?
>>
File: John Cena.jpg (118KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
John Cena.jpg
118KB, 1200x1200px
The Paizo general is cancerous as shit, but at least they have new supplements and OC to discuss. How does it feel to participate in the most stagnant general on this entire fucking board?
>>
>>54213941
Yozi are all pretty absurd in power. They have every charm in their Infernal's section+a mindbogglingly huge number of others that were never listed, are essence ten, have excellencies that apply to basically every action they take, and also have fuckhuge stats outside their charms. They're a final boss level threat even for Elder Solars as I understand it.

>>54213976
Feels better then your mother in bed at least.
>>
>>54213941
Each Yozi is bigger on the inside. The Ebon Dragon is fifty miles long and two miles wide to external observers, but he's infinitely large on the inside, as are all the other Yozi. They each carry a universe inside them, full of first circle demons. Describing the power of the Yozi only works when you do it in relative terms because each of them possesses practically infinite raw power when they're acting within their conceptual domain, but some of them are MORE infinitely powerful than the others. Malfeas tops the charts in that regard. Sol Invictus is the only one who could go toe to toe with Malfeas and win in a fair fight, and it's not guaranteed. Also, you have some misconceptions about SWLIHN and Isidoros. SWLIHN could harm Creation and did so, but not Malfeas. The physical laws of his being aren't dependent on her. And Isidoros couldn't crush Malfeas, he's simply less powerful than Malfeas. Even if he did crush Malfeas, Malfeas wouldn't give two shits. He's constantly crushing himself, scraping away layers of his dyson sphere body. He's in constant agony and being compressed wouldn't inconvenience him.
>>
>>54213993
Main thing is why Malfeas is still talked about like he's more or less top dog, when practically all the other Yozis are more impressive than an angry brass manlet with entitlement issues. Hell, at least Ebby's shadow clone technique alone sounds like it could rout Malfeas so long as there's a few other Yozis or Solars nearby

>Elder Solar

Yeah, this really baffled me since I also heard the Exalted took them down at E5, so E6 charms at max. Which is positively mindboggling even assuming absurd xp gain and presumable paranoia combat freaks like Merela, because I remember a LOT of oneoffs where individual Solars routed or slew Primordials. At least as a team effort, the whole thing made more sense.

I mean, how does one even rout Oramus?
>>
>>54214220
>Yeah, this really baffled me since I also heard the Exalted took them down at E5, so E6 charms at max. Which is positively mindboggling even assuming absurd xp gain and presumable paranoia combat freaks like Merela, because I remember a LOT of oneoffs where individual Solars routed or slew Primordials. At least as a team effort, the whole thing made more sense.
I'm pretty sure there are no canon examples of an individual Solar defeating a Primordial. Dealing the final blow, sure, but fighting Primordials was always a large-scale team effort.
>>
Has anyone nerfed Falling Damage at their table?
>>
>>54211855
>So, folks, bets on when Arms of the Chosen comes out?
I am fairly optimistic. New devs seem to have their shit together.
>>
>>54202494
I figure that workings aren't the path to power, and that he'd be better off venturing into the wyld to become a living narrative, or putting a shard of a phoenix's flame where his beating heart once was. Workings can help make these possible, of course, but I don't think they're requisite. Anyway, he'd be roughly as strong as Mist, the Eternal Revolutionary from core, which isn't that strong! But his charms are strong in their particular niche.
>>
>>54212761
>tfw homebrewed a demon that liked to eat other demons
>it was also Azure (the colour that only Cecelyne's priests can look at), because the 2nd Circle progenitor is a total jerk
Its 2nd favorite food was humans, of course.
>>
>>54214185
To be fair she also has hypothetically the best PD

>Malfeas and Kimbery die if you maneuver their human jotuns outside their world jotuns and shank them enough
>Cecelyne gets fucked up by attacks that can treat spirits as material
>Nobody puts Adorjan in a corner
>Ebby also only has to pay more motes to dodge, but his Greater Imperfection also gives EVERYONE a PD as long as they put some Virtue in their D
>>
>>54215909

Doesn't everyone have a greater imperfection at higher levels?
>>
Blade Rebuking Wrath, Swift Strike Prana and Heaven Thunder Hammer. Discuss.
>>
>>54213976
>most stangant general
No, that's /wfg/.
>>
>>54214220
>Yeah, this really baffled me since I also heard the Exalted took them down at E5, so E6 charms at max. Which is positively mindboggling even assuming absurd xp gain and presumable paranoia combat freaks like Merela, because I remember a LOT of oneoffs where individual Solars routed or slew Primordials. At least as a team effort, the whole thing made more sense.

Back in 1E a single E5 Solar should have been able to wrestle the UCS and win, by dev admission. If E5 Solar=UCS, and UCS=Malfeas, there you go.

tl;dr Power levels of everything NPC got buffed through the fucking roof in 2E because retard GM's can't handle a game where players can actually do anything, so it had to be made small so their tiny minds could handle it.
>>
>>54217705
>Back in 1E a single E5 Solar should have been able to wrestle the UCS and win, by dev admission
That statement was about a circle of E5 Solars, not about a single Solar.
>>
...wait, do you get initiative after you land a withering attack on a battlegroup (other than +1 for hitting)? You deal magnitude damage, rather than init, right?
>>
>>54218102
You only gain the 1 Initiative for hitting.
>>
>>54218102
nope!
>>
>>54218133
>>54218208

Thanks!
>>
>>54215725
People overstate the azure thing, the idea is that it's a law that's impossible for the denizens of Malfeas to follow so that Cecelyne can kill them whatever she wants only through the legal system instead of hell weather like her siblings.
>>
>>54202494
He /could/ make himself quite strong. Under ideal conditions he can do multiple ambition 2 solar workings, and get whatever sorts of powers that would grant him. However the likelihood of such a person ever existing is astronomically low.
>>
>>54219030
>However the likelihood of such a person ever existing is astronomically low

More like the person that tried ended up a Solar Exalt probably.
>>
>>54219030
>>54219251
I have plans to play a Dragonblooded along those lines. He's old, and he's been making himself steadily less human. He's buried his heart in a hidden manse, replaced his hand with fire and his eyes with those of a god.
>>
File: newalien6[1].jpg (64KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
newalien6[1].jpg
64KB, 630x420px
>>54218836
Oh I get that, it was mostly done by their creator to be a dick move.

I imagined him as a giant magnifying glass (taking the form of a giant orb, or a vaguely humanoid form like pic related, made out of red glass), floating around Cece's deserts just zapping the things he comes across because he's pissed off about being banned from the city. He made the Azure Terrors because he couldn't be everywhere at once.

I haven't updated any of them to 3rd edition yet. Frankly I was lucky I found the old .txt file that had the info in it.
>>
Why do zeniths get the shittiest anima powers
>>
>>54221063

Because back when they got good powers, they had to be nerfed because no one is allowed to be useful in Exalted.
>>
How do I stat battlegroups of mixed combatants?
>>
>>54221274
Couple of options
If its big enough just sort it into two different battle groups. Like if you have 500 peasants fighting with 500 soldiers just split the soldiers and peasants apart
Or just use the middle. Try and even out the stats to find the 'average' of the battle group and use that
>>
>>54221063
I used my Zenith power to one-round the CoD boss our circle was fighting. Dawn's were salty about it.
>>
>>54221274

If they're major differences, like one being ranged and the other melee focused? Split them up.

If they're something like a melee focused group who has various weapons? Average stats.
>>
>>54202457
Someone should gather all the NPC's into a single pastebin somewhere. Aren't there more plus the ones in the OP?
>>
>>54224496

Don't think so, but the pastebin will need to be updated every month, so don't make one as a guest.
>>
>>54224496

>Cynis Borok
https://pastebin.com/VwCdMgCG

>Ragara Feria
https://pastebin.com/RmUiuBKR

>Strix
https://pastebin.com/MbTG7ZH6

>Zicnal of the Asmani
https://pastebin.com/ccPnXHQz
>>
So I'm playing a 3e game as a Lunar and we're using the Lunar Charms by Irked. I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing so some advice would be really nice. I have a few questions.

1. How is Brawling in 3e? From what I understand it's pretty powerful against single targets but loses its punch against multiple opponents?
2. Are these Charms worth taking?
Secure Cat Stepping [2m, Reflexive, Instant]: The Lunar may split his action without taking a Defense penalty.
Diligent Hive Imitation [3m,1i, Reflexive, Instant]: Activating this Charm, the Lunar may perform a flurry without suffering the normal action penalties, though he still suffers the Defense penalty.
>>
>>54214478
>Has anyone nerfed Falling Damage at their table?
Why, what's wrong with it?
>>
>>54226127
>How is Brawling in 3e? From what I understand it's pretty powerful against single targets but loses its punch against multiple opponents?
And no defense. Alpha strike or die.
>>
>>54226365
What about using it in conjunction with Dodge?
>>
>>54226127
>>54226474
Can you link me to Irked's Lunar Charms?
>>
>>54226127

Brawl has raw damage output. It's really good for pummelling giant behemoths into submission that have retarded amounts of HP and not much in the way of actual defenses. Melee's defense and accuracy makes it the premiere ability for duels between Exalts.
>>
Man I should have gone around to reading old 1E stuff earlier. Excellencies didn't use to be a thing and excellent strike was the melee excellency. Weird stuff.
>>
how do i make a character who wants to become Aku (as in, a shapeshifting master of darkness), but not as overtly evil
>>
>>54227482
Find a good Lunar homebrew, or go for Socialize Supernal Solar (heh) and get a lot of personas. I wouldn't strongly recommend either of these, since homebrew is homebrew and Personas are kinda lame.
>>
>>54227630
Actually, scratch that. I've just been informed by my friend that Personas are not lame, and I've just been misreading them this whole time into thinking that they reduced your total XP (when they do no such thing).
>>
>>54227376

And Solars could have 40 die scene long defenses whereas everyone else had to split actions to even HAVE any defense.

And Social stuff had no resistances. One success on a Social Charm and you were reduced to sucking cock for eternity.

And Wyld Shaping Technique was actually a useful, wonderous ability, and not a hunk of shit.

And...Etc.

1E was a magical time. A time when Exalted felt like Exalted, rather than a bunch of extremely narrow, pitiful dice tricks played up to sound good but having relatively little impact.
>>
>>54227732
>tfw Sidereals will never be as awesome as they were in 1e
Fuck the guy who came up with the idea of the 'Creation Slaying Oblivion Kick'. Fuck him with a dildo made of broken glass.

Rules don't need to be completely idiot proof, you just need a GM with balls to slap down stupid shit when a player brings it to the table.
>>
>>54227732
Oh I can already tell it was pretty crappy, it seems to have the same problem every early white wolf publication had in having rules for combat and thats really about it, but it's still fascinating. I like seeing what did and didn't get stat blocks across both editions for instance. It also helps me appreciate 3e charm sets more since presence had a grand total of six whole charms
>>
>>54227855
Isn't that sort of what 3e is built on? And what exactly could they do in 1e that they couldn't in 2e?
>>
>>54227948

The way stat blocks bloated between 1E and 2E was really telling of how badly they were trying to de-power Exalt's. A lot of things nearly doubled in stats.
>>
>>54228278
I think it probably had more to do with they HAD to do that in order to make anyone anywhere a viable thread with 'lol perfects' now being a thing. That and just the general problem 2e had with no one really coordinating stuff so people would do things like give that one evil guy living underground in the north 1000 health levels because it looked cool
>>
>>54228418

Pretty sure a young Deathlord like MoW didn't need to have his stats matched to the highest powered Deathlord from 1E, on top of the retarded advantages they already have, for 2E.

But yeah a lot of it was probably just shitty writing in general. 2E was plagued with it.
>>
>>54227979
I could go on at length, and since 2e is dead I'd rather not and will just sum things up as thus... It's not that there was things that Sidereals couldn't do in 2e that they could in 1e, it's that it was trivially easy to defend against pretty much anything they could do. They had all these awesome powers that worked in neat ways... but you were incredibly lucky if they ever worked. And that's when things weren't just plain broken.

Another part of it was just how things were in 1e, where die-adders and other things that eventually became Excellencies were not for every ability. I like that you can get those for free now, because while some of the most useful Charms, they could often feel like speed-bumps on the way to the ones that did the 'cool stuff'.
>>
>>54228491
In hindsight the sheer amount of shitty writing is just...baffling. Who looked at Graceful Wicked Masks and thought people would actually want to play it? Who thought it was a good idea for an enitre splat to be literally "write up an entire Charmset" only to also have the writers going around telling people they're not allowed to have shinier dicks than Solars?

I still hold that the Yozis' characterisation in 2e is, intentionally or unintentionally, inspired by the writing team's hatred for each other.
>>
>>54228577
>Who thought it was a good idea for an enitre splat to be literally "write up an entire Charmset" only to also have the writers going around telling people they're not allowed to have shinier dicks than Solars?

The guy who invented Exalted. Solars being the best was in the game since day 1 of release. I don't get how people still don't understand this. Other Exalt's get tricks that SORTA give them SMALL AREAS where they KINDA match up with Solars. But even then they only KINDA match up, and don't really get to exceed.

Note the caps. Those are the important words you might have missed over the long years of Exalted.
>>
>>54228491
Yeah power creep was another problem that sprung up from the dreadful handling of writing in 2e. I mean say what you will about holden and co but his post on the problems of high essence is still pretty good. The people writing dreams of the first age probably just put down stuff that sounded cool without really thinking about it and that leads to utterly untouchable deathlords and cheop being able to solo most of the setting and so on.
It's also why I'm pumped for more 3e content. We can have those same cool concepts but written in mechanics that make actual PC interaction possible.
>>54228527
Ah, I assume its almost every charm for cool fate stuff being shaping so it all got stuffed by literally any shaping defense. It's a shame. I really like how sidies place in the setting and charmset both matched up. Like they had charms to help them gather info and also they could just read the loom or ask anyone of the fate planning gods. And they had charms to passively manipulate events and could also use arcane fate and so on. I'm hoping thats all actually good this time around.
>>
>>54214220
E5 is now considered to be the freaks of creation or elder tier. Basically that changed it around so that you don't have a 100+ year wait. If you are essence 5 you are either one of the strongest young exalted on the planet or you are a old fucking elder.

Not only that but I think they are going back to old edition it took all the exalted working at once to win. So there wasn't really any a single exalted fighting a single titan one on one and winning for long deal.
>>
>>54228638
While Solars were always planned to be the strongest, the power gap was never meant to be so wide as it ended up in 2e, but not as close as it was by the end of 1e. Also DB's were originally planned to be the protagonists.

Also you're wrong on noone ever being able to exceed the Solars in small areas. Solars can't shape-shift like Lunars, etc., etc., etc...
>>
>>54228638
About the only groups I can think of mentioned in the new edition which compared to solars is a exigent exalt who has had a few dozen gods power shoved in him and is likely borderline insane at best. And whatever those fuckers the solars had to exterminate after the war that kicked everyone ass.
>>
>>54228696
>Not only that but I think they are going back to old edition it took all the exalted working at once to win.
That's been a theme since forever, it just gets often overshadowed by Solar fanboys declaring that their splat must be the bestest at everything forever.

They forget that when the books talk about all the most impressive shit the Exalted did, beating the Primordials, building the RDG, and some others, it was done by working together rather than depending on any one type.
>>
File: RedClothedDancer.jpg (119KB, 745x1071px) Image search: [Google]
RedClothedDancer.jpg
119KB, 745x1071px
>>54228758
>it was done by working together rather than depending on any one type

Which you rarely see in games because books come out a glacial fuckin' rate, and every book does it's best to jam the "US AGAINST THEM" mentality right up everyones asshole.
>>
>>54228790
I will say, I haven't seen anything approaching a splat war in these threads in months and months now. On the other hand places like /wodg/....well they aren't fairing quite as well.
>>
>>54228758
I think the big thing they fucked up on is they decided the infernals were using the exact same powers as the Yozi's themselves. Which logically sticks the titans charms within the same levels of solars to balance.

Which fucked things up.
>>
>>54228811

No, I mean, the splats themselves are like that. Full of "everyone on MY SIDE hates everyone else so fuck them all" stuff.
>>
>>54228889
I know, I'm just pointing out that at leas that same sort of mentality hasn't seemed to seep into the threads or fandom much at all. It's still something they could very well work on
>>
>>54228577

Sorry, but that's the point.

If the Solars aren't the most powerful thing ever, the Usurpation is pointless. More, the return of the Exalted is way, way less threatening.

Think about it this way. Any single newborn Solar will have to fight three to four Dragon-blooded at some point. If he can't overcome at least that number, he has no hope of surviving.

This is why, all the way back in 1E, Swan - the Eclipse Caste Diplomat - is capable of dispatching an entire Wyld Hunt with his bare hands and Snake Style. If the other splats are more powerful, the whole "Oh no, 150 Solars are back! Game over man!" is no longer relevant.
>>
>>54228889
Yeah. The larger point was always that the exalted working together were unstoppable but due to factionalism and general everyone fucking up they are now against each other.

And it's happened for so long no side can see rebuilding an alliance due to the individuality of both and the rhetoric they follow. That's meant to be IC though and not OOC.
>>
>>54228917
>That's meant to be IC though and not OOC

Thats the problem though. When you write them as nothing more than factionalized assholes, thats what people end up playing them as.

Monkey see, monkey do, essentially.
>>
>>54228914
>This is why, all the way back in 1E, Swan - the Eclipse Caste Diplomat - is capable of dispatching an entire Wyld Hunt with his bare hands and Snake Style. If the other splats are more powerful, the whole "Oh no, 150 Solars are back! Game over man!" is no longer relevant.

And if the non-combat solar can dispatch an entire wyld hunt bare handed, then it's terrible for GMs as they need Solars to oppose Solars as real threats when solars barely exist, numbers-wise.
>>
>>54228914

This is something people always miss, especially when beating their cocks to the idea of flattening out the power curve, and trying to "balance" the Exalt's.

It literally wrecks the setting by doing so. Solars are supposed to be able to blow others the fuck out of the water in direct confrontations of any type. Thats the sort of thing Solars excel at. Solars need to be able to do, consistently.

>>54228946

People have long since missed the point of Exalted, in that it is not really a game of challenges. It's more of a game of "What can I do to the world"? It's a game of how the world reacts to you, and not so much how the world can defeat you. You're supposed to be a great, walking threat. You're supposed to be this monstrous thing that people fear, respect, and want to ally with or destroy, straight from char-gen.
>>
>>54228914
Actually this is sort of a version of the point anon is trying to make I think
The solars coming back isn't 'oh fuck' because of their power, its because of their numbers. The solars never went all the way away. A few still survived through the usurpation and for the past 1000+ years since then they died, over and over and over and over again. Clearly the DB's are more than capable of handling solars, and they did all that on top of doing the same to the 400 odd lunars as well. The return is 'oh fuck' because now they have to deal with everything they did before PLUS a hundred odd more solars PLUS a hundred abyssals PLUS the infernals PLUS the empress is now gone so the hunt isn't nearly as well trained or armed as it was before because everyone who's good is pulling back for civil war.
>>
>>54228983

>It's a game of how the world reacts to you, and not so much how the world can defeat you.

Yes, as solars never got the shit kicked out of them by non-Solars before and exalted doesn't have a theme of the small teaming up and beating up the large, arrogant foe that keeps recurring.
>>
>>54228933
Yeah I'm talking more people who don't really realize the IC rhetoric is just that. Playing them as factionalized assholes makes sense most of the time. Being one in real life is a different story.

>>54228946
I kind of like how they do it now. With the Wyld hunt being non-standardized. So anything from "Rally up the elders. We are going to need an army for this one. Might want to get the sids in it as well." To "Two freshly exalted skrubs call the local hunters and peasants to try to stop the local anathema."
>>
>>54228946

You don't really need to oppose a Solar as a main threat. Exalted isn't really about physical threats to the PCs, it's more about the grand scale of things.

It's about how you save the city without revealing that you're Anathema, or how you win the princess's heart without Charms. In a straight-up fight, Solars are meant to win - barring impossible odds.

For instance, after Dace becomes a Solar (and this is all the way back in 1E) he's completely unstoppable. The crazy Dawn Caste girl is also more-or-less unstoppable, until she tries to take on about twenty Dragon-blooded and a full Scale of marines. Even then, she escapes, but her attempts to set up a society are wrecked.
>>
>>54229000
The big thing most people forget is that solars were rare as shit beforehand.

Most of the time the hunt was against lunars or against wicked gods and fae. So it's effectively a situation where the dragon blooded during their weakest moment suddenly have the most powerful monsters of their myths that they saw maybe once every 50 years all show up in the hundreds.

That's a total game changer and a good reason for them to start getting Nervous.
>>
>>54229007

Yeah, but it took an unprecedented, combined effort. It took all the Dragon-blooded and all the Sidereals, and even then the war was absurdly devastating.

More, it was against Heaven's Will. Creation itself was pissed off at everyone involved for overthrowing their rightful masters.

Don't forget, the reborn Solars - who are now mostly individual heroes, without support - are now the underdog against the monolith of the Realm and the threats facing Creation.
>>
>>54229033
>Exalted isn't really about physical threats to the PCs, it's more about the grand scale of things.

Sucks to be Dawns, considering 'Physical threats' is the only role they have.

But then, I consider the Dawn Caste's focus a rather poor decision and think that it would have been better if combat was spread out between the 5 castes rather than all lumped in a single one. Raise the base level of solar combat rather than having 'Guy who wins combat' and 'People who stink compared to him'
>>
>>54229033
>For instance, after Dace becomes a Solar (and this is all the way back in 1E) he's completely unstoppable

Dace is an actual bad example, because he gets his shit kicked in by literally everything in the fluff. Any time he's fighting anything other than literal faceless mooks he gets his ass beat.

He's the guy who says "I'm making a Dawn", and then comes to the table with physical as his dump stat catagory and like 2 Charms in every combat ability and a mundane sword.
>>
>>54229048
>More, it was against Heaven's Will. Creation itself was pissed off at everyone involved for overthrowing their rightful masters.

As opposed to when the Solars did it in the first place? This isn't even the first time the 'Rightful Masters' got a shitkicking and being imprisoned outside of reality.
>>
>>54229007
>Yes, as solars never got the shit kicked out of them by non-Solars before and exalted doesn't have a theme of the small teaming up and beating up the large, arrogant foe that keeps recurring.

That did happen and can still happen. Just it isn't a even thing. The dragon blooded need to bleed to do such a thing again and it's far harder in the modern age then in the past.
>>
>>54229048
>More, it was against Heaven's Will. Creation itself was pissed off at everyone involved for overthrowing their rightful masters.

That was more a political thing. A lot of people got very angry that someone just tossed off their easy coke supply because they wanted to off the leadership of the world.
>>
>>54229053
The ability to train and command armies with War charms should give them at least some political weight to throw around.
>>
>>54229053
>Sucks to be Dawns, considering 'Physical threats' is the only role they have.

The big thing with dawns is they are meant to be combat masters and generals. That doesn't stop them from also being sorcerers anything outside of their caste.

They are basically the Samson or Lancelot of the exalted. Which is a pretty valid archetype given what the solars are meant to me.
>>
>>54229053
Anons kind of wrong given that every edition has had threats that can kill solars in outright combat.
>>
>>54229014
>Being one in real life is a different story.
I was just notified though, can you recall the last time you saw someone having any legitimate argument over one splat being better than the other? It might just be because of how dead we are but I can't.
>>
>>54229273
*Noticing not notified, what the hell
>>
>>54229273
Not as much these days due to how dead things are. The day the dragon blooded spat gets released all hell is going to break loose however.
>>
>>54229303
You may call me a fool, however I choose to remain somewhat optimistic. I'm hoping people will just be excited to have new content.
>>
>>54229078
>The dragon blooded need to bleed to do such a thing again and it's far harder in the modern age then in the past.

The Solars are also a pale shadow of the first age solars. Everyone is a pale shadow of back then.
>>
>>54229209

>They are basically the Samson or Lancelot of the exalted. Which is a pretty valid archetype given what the solars are meant to me.

The issue I have is that well...combat is both a really narrow and really broad area at the same time. It gets vastly more rules to is and charms to it than basically any other area due to it's complexity.

So while Dawns have a hell of a lot of places to go mechanically, they feel thematically a lot more narrow than the other castes. That and the general dis-incentivising of taking more than a single combat skill as they don't really combine well but the dawn's area is 'All these mostly exclusive things'.
>>
>>54229384
The big thing I would say is the raw power of a solar is still a huge deal. The old age solars had to deal with their advisers going rogue at the same time their armies decided to wreak them with their own equipment.

Modern day solars mostly just need to keep the realm unstable and splat the locals. I'd rate that as far easier then what the old solars were looking at. Still not impossible for them to lose if the realm gets it's shit back together. But it still isn't an easy thing for either side. Still I would rate having your entire infrastructure and armies betraying you at the same time a little worse.

>>54229320
The exalted fanbase is a den of Autism and SJWs. Any opinion that doesn't end with them ripping each other apart is a delusion.
>>
>>54228983
>Solars are supposed to be able to blow others the fuck out of the water in direct confrontations of any type.
That's not how 1E presented things, but whatever.
>>
>>54230071

But it was. The Dawn Castebook explicitly stated that everyone's terrified of the Dawn Caste in the way they're not terrified of the Dragon-blooded. People shit themselves at the thought of them being let loose.
>>
>>54228638
You're right but you're wrong, there as supposed to be a powergap but it wasn't supposed to be "Lunars are literally useless and Abyssals are like fish on dry land in Creation".

Honestly I thought Infernals were okay in 2e before the shitty 2.5e errata.
>>
>>54228751
There's also the Infernal lady from the preview. To be honest, Solars themselves seem very toned down (I stand by calling them the Hamon User Exalted) this edition, so a dragon whose screams turn things into crystal sounds more than on par with what I've seen in the corebook.
>>
>>54230151
Dragon-Blooded are the weakest Exalts, anon.Of course a Celestial combat monster is more terrifying than Terrestrial combat monster. 1E, especially 1E core, doesn't claim that Solars would be able to "blow others the fuck out of the water in direct confrontations of any type", though, not as long as that "others" includes other Celestial Exalted. It' the edition that states that Sidereals are better at "learning" than Twilights, and that "when Exalted clash, the matter is always in doubt." While Solars were always supposed to be the most powerful Choen, overall, total Solar dominance sure as fuck wasn't a part of the original vision.
>>
>>54228577
I think the problem is that both Fair Folk books is that they tend to be written from their perspective so a lot of people came away from them missing the fact that they're charlatans.
>>
>>54230447
It's not just that, it's the sheer quantity of new concepts you need to process just to figure out how to eat someone's dreams, then stockpile the wyld-energy you need to takeover the Wyld's version of a demesne, then justify jumping into an Unshaped's belly because you need to steal a living story as a weapon from it. The whole concept of Shaping combat is the worst example of 2e's love of unnecessarily complicated gameplay mechanics I can think of.

"You get stabbed. Except no, your opponent actually created a universe of swords to stab you with even though they aren't really real and the consequence you should really be worried about is this one stat decreasing. Now prepare to simultaneously come up with a whacky fairy thing every time you block or punch, while simultaneously memorising these new keywords"
>>
>>54230465
*every time you use an advanced combat Charm against another Fae

Okay, that wasn't fair. They do have fairly normal claws and scorpion tails for regular stabbing against mortals.
>>
>>54230465
>not being able to come up with JRPG ultimate attack cutscenes at the tip of a hat
Not weeb enough, tbqf.
>>
>>54230498
Come now, if I were playing with actual weebs they'd be pissed their not!Sephiroth and not!Xehanort Nobles aren't actually annihilating Creation's skylines every time they call an attack.

Instead of, you know. Just kind of making each other a little less compassionate or temperate.

...oh my god, Shaping combat is literally Shitposting: The Game
>>
Folks

I need a 3e, filled out, Solar (preferably Dawn) character sheet. No specifics, other than he should be straight out of chargen and able to kick some ass in combat. Do you have one lying aroung?
>>
>>54231079

Wait, I'm silly and forgot about pregens in the introduction adventure.
>>
>>54230443

But it was, if you go by a story's tropes.

The Solars are the hero. The Dragon-blooded are the enemies who are quickly outstripped. The Lunars are the love interest or the hot-blooded rival. The Abyssals are the noble rival or the serious threat, with Deathlords as endgame-tier boss monsters. The Sidereals are the mysterious mentor, the mysterious love interest, or the mysterious evil council that sits in the dark with hooded robes and make statements along the lines of "Everything is going as we planned. Soon, the world will be remade."

The Infernals are the mirror of the Abyssals. They're demon Exalted, in contrast to 'undead Exalted'.
>>
>>54231154
Those pregens aren't quite full characters, are they?
>>
>>54231926
>if you go by a story's tropes.
While Exalted plays heavily on Tropes, it doesn't completely hold to them. Not to mention there's also the Trope of 'the small overthrowing the great', which Exalted plays on. You're actually acting like the kind of obnoxious Solar fanboy I was referencing earlier, where everything revolves around the Solars and nothing can be greater than them (even though basically everyone is greater than them in at least one specific area, and often a few minor specialties as well).

And I'd rather not go back to that kind of horrendous splat warfare, since I had the pleasure of seeing the Sidereal hatred in full-force back during 1e (some people really disagreed with the Usurpation).
>>
>>54231926

>But it was, if you go by a story's tropes.

I found the Fair Folk.
>>
Why is it that you never tend to see Fair Folk in heroic roles? I don't mean being the good guy but the Knight in Shining Armour is as much a role in the story as anything else. Basically every time I can recall hearing about fey in people's games, they are playing the villain or the monster.
>>
>>54233512
To add and clarify, Solars can still be "the best" without effortlessly dominating all the other splats in any area.
>>
>>54233595
their very nature is too chaotic.
>>
>>54233730

You can have rather chaotic heroes. I mean, Aladdin is a rather iconic example.
>>
>>54230465
Shaping combat is one of the best things about thr raksha. It shows that they play by totally different rules from anything that humans are familiar with, and it's internally consistent and understandable while at the same time being incredibly bizarre and unique.
>>
>>54233401

They only have ten charms. You're supposed to start with 15.
>>
>>54233730
Not in a way that would prevent them from playing the hero, though. I mean, when a raksha gets into a role, he really gets into it. They don't act all lolrandumb when in Creation, even if that kind of is what they are on a meta level. A Fair Folk knight errant who rides around slaying monsters and saving damsels in distress makes perfect sense fluff-wise.
>>
>>54234261

If you're in the Middlemarches, you very easily could run into that knight errant wandering hero character. The issue of calcification and needing to dream-eat mortals to stay alive in Creation makes it a lot harder for that character to exist outside of the Wyld though.
>>
Haven't played or looked at Exalted since 1st edition.
What's different in 3rd?
>>
>>54234517

Everything's a bit more gayer
Mechanics are somewhat more usable
There are no concrete mechanics for anything but Solars due to lack of splats
>>
>>54234584
I was hoping for something slightly more detailed (a link to an article or whatever if fine too), but thanks anyway anon.
>>
>>54234611

also, some mechanics changed

some lore too
>>
>>54227376
Seeing the brass leviathan and thousand forged dragon were originally just monsters out there in the creatures of the wyld book instead of these rigorously defined artifacts is fucking me up
>>
>>54234517

System is still storyteller's augmented cousin, but the rules are the best they've ever been, which is either saying a lot, or not much at all, depending on how many systems you're familiar with.

Lore got entirely changed, it's basically not even the same game anymore due to the inclusion of a bunch of shit that reads like the writer's pet project fansplats.
>>
>>54234517
They added 4 new Exalt types since you last saw.

Infernals were added in 2e and all we know is that they are coming back.

Exigents which are Exalts of individual lesser gods that sacrificed themselves or a great deal of their power to the Unconqured Sun to get an Exalt of their own. Not quite Anathema unless they step out of line.

Getimans. A stupid Sidereal foil that the Sidereals did not need. Sounds cool mechanically but they really better fix the lore.

Limenials which are one of the fired Devs attempt to write Promethean because he could not actually get a job writing Promethean. They are Exalts who are made from the corpses of people that underwent a botched resurrection.

They added a lot of land to the world as well. Expanded the boarders a lot and added a lot of cool new places and story hooks.

Then you have the mechanics. Things changed a lot since 1e. 2e was a clusterfuck all the way til the end. It started out really fucked and got slightly less fucked over errata but I don't think anybody misses it mechanicly. 3e's mechanics save Craft (and some people say Sail) are probably the best mechanics we have had. Some people like to argue over how charms work this time around but it fits well with the system. You have a static defense which is your attribute+ability dice pool divided by two. You can increase both your defense and your normal action dice pool using a thing called an excellency which adds one die per mote of essence. Charms are much more specific and there is a whole social combat system to stop complete mind rape. You can still do it but it requires more effort. Sorcery was made amazing. If you want you can battlecast now (some people hate this) but its more useful as a problem solving device through Workings.

Overall its pretty great. If you liked 1e you will probably like 3e. 2e was a mess and just never look at it. Even the lore.
>>
>>54229069
>>54229113
The supreme ruler of Creation was and still is Conky. He delagates one major aspect of Creation to his Chosen and the other major aspect to the Celestial Order. The majority of his loyal and semi-loyal underlings are mildly irked at the DBs who stirred shit up and rocked the boat.

The Primordial War was different.
>>
>>54234517
Combat's been completely overhauled. Withering attacks deal damage to their initiative while also raising your initiative, and Decisive attacks cash in initiative to deal damage to health.
It's pretty neat, desu.
>>
>>54235367
>It's pretty neat, desu.

It's literally Dissidia's combat system stolen for a P&P RPG. Not that that's a bad thing, I liked Dissidia for being a fun lil' Smash Bros.-esque not-fighting-game.
>>
>>54228638
There's supposed to be a powergap but at the same time any Celestial Exalt with similar enough experience should be a challenge. A solar shouldn't trivialize a fight with a Sidereal or Lunar. He can be better then them but it should still be a fight.
>>
>>54234953
>>54234888
Thanks anons.
>>
So besides brawl, resistance, and probably athletics what other abilities would you recommend for playing solar beowulf
>>
>>54236666
Why Brawl? Wasn't Beowulf more of a Melee guy? I distinctly remember him almost losing to Grendel's mother until he noticed a swrod in her lair and grabbed it.
>>
>>54236722

A weapon forged by a god to slay a supernatural being. When fighting Grendel, he was unarmed and unarmoured.
>>
>>54236666
The only thing I remember about Beowulf was that he ripped some dude's arm off like it was nothing; that feels very Tiger Style to me, so maybe look into Tiger Form or something.
>>
File: Quads.jpg (22KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
Quads.jpg
22KB, 250x238px
>>54236666
a few melee charms, especially for defence

also, checked
>>
>>54236722
No he fought grendle and his mom with his fists mostly. He tried to use weapons but he was to strong and they broke. I'm pretty sure that also happened with the dragon as well but I may be misremembering.
>>54236772
Dragons coil technique is an obvious one for doing something like wrestling giant monsters to the ground and so on.
>>54236807
He was at least capable of using a sword but all of his most impressive feats where bare handed.

Oh yeah, and where in the resistance tree would I put a charm that lets one hold their breath for days on end?
>>
>>54236772
>>54236853
Whoops, when I said mostly I mean he did use the finishing blow on his mom with a sword, but the fight up until that final moment was with his fists
>>
>>54236853
>Oh yeah, and where in the resistance tree would I put a charm that lets one hold their breath for days on end?
It's already in survival, and it's called Element-Resisting Prana. Although, if you're fixated on making a specific charm just for hodling your breath, give it no prerequisites, and put it in Resistance, Athletics, or Survival.
>>
>>54236869
>Whoops, when I said mostly I mean he did use the finishing blow on his mom with a sword, but the fight up until that final moment was with his fists
Yeah, but he was getting his ass kicked while he was doing that. Finding the sword was what saved him. That sounds more like a melee guy to me, even if he did mostly use his fists. Like, a Dawn with very high physical Attributes, high Essence and Increasing Strength Exercise to help him hit hard with whatever he uses, maybe three dots and an Excellency in Brawl, but more investment in Melee. That's my take on him.
>>
>>54236972
I'm going more on the fact that 2/3 of his major fights were fists, and his most iconic feat (ripping the arm off grendle with his bare hands) was fist based as well. Though I likely will take a few melee charms to keep up appearances the way beowulf did.
>>
>>54235275

>The Primordial War was different.

Why?
>>
So in the First Age, was the "till death do us part" thing still valid? I mean you could probably found each other's exaltation, and easily find out who's who.
>>
Two questions, if anyone can answer them..?

>How do Exalted recognise each other? I know Dragonblooded generally dress like nobility and Lunars have tells, but how do two solars, newly met in their latest incarnations, who possibly never knew each other even in the First Age, know who the other is? They're supposed to be hiding, so overt displays of solar power in front of a stranger are kind of out of the question, aren't they?
>Isn't there a solar charm to turn extras into heroic mortals? I'm sure I saw it somewhere, but I can't for the life of me find it again.

Just questions that have been bugging me about my latest game.
>>
>>54238188
You're asking how a war where the guys ultimately in charge are deposed is different from a war where the guy ultimately in charge remains in charge? Who knows, it's a real mystery.
>>
>>54238760
>How do Exalted recognise each other? I know Dragonblooded generally dress like nobility and Lunars have tells, but how do two solars, newly met in their latest incarnations, who possibly never knew each other even in the First Age, know who the other is?
They don't.
>>
>>54238783

Conky has also disconnected from reality and even his Solars at this point.
>>
>>54238839
That is exceptionally annoying. This is going to result in the players dancing around one another trying to play some fucking espionage game where they try to figure out if the other guy is a solar and if the others know, or if they're agents of the Realm etc. etc. urgh.

Fuckit. I'll just say, "You have a vague sense of familiarity and trust for this person, though you do not know where it comes from."
>>
>>54238929
Just have it done before the campaign started or have sidereals do it.
>>
>>54238929
Circles aren't supposed to meet in game. Session one starts off with the assembled party, just like every other rpg out there.
>>
>>54239164

I've only ever had one game where everyone knew each other at game start and that was only because it was an Abyssal game.
>>
>>54228577
>I still hold that the Yozis' characterisation in 2e is, intentionally or unintentionally, inspired by the writing team's hatred for each other.
Elaborate?
>>
>>54238929
You can literally have the Solars be set up in a meeting by Fate ninjas before the campaign begins. Sidereals are generally awesome for GM's because you can say "They did it but everyone forgot so just don't think about it to hard."
>>
>>54238760
That one I believe is in the abyssals book of all places, as the new charm they got thats a mirror to some other charm
>>
File: Solar6.png (2MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Solar6.png
2MB, 853x1024px
>>54238760
>>How do Exalted recognise each other? I know Dragonblooded generally dress like nobility and Lunars have tells

Dragonblooded are supposed to have more overt elemental features the higher their breeding-Their skin should be odd colors, they might have scales, their hair might be vines, skin might be like rock, maybe they always exude heat or their skin is always hot to the touch, etc.

>but how do two solars know who the other is? They're supposed to be hiding, so overt displays of solar power in front of a stranger are kind of out of the question, aren't they?

Solars are bad at hiding unless they're Night's. They flare pretty easily. It's a feature, not a bug. Thats pretty much the key to it-A Solar gets pissed, and blasts out a shitton of divine power rectifying whatever pissed them off: Tongue lashing a noble, hitting something with a really big weapon, whatever.
>>
>>54238467
>I mean you could probably found each other's exaltation, and easily find out who's who.
I honestly never bothered with that shit.
>>
>>54240581
I forgot about the Dragonblooded having a rainbow of hair colours and other signs. Thanks for the reminder.

And don't charms have to be consciously activated? I mean sure, if a Solar limit broke, they'd immediately become obvious to anyone in a ten-mile radius, but other than that, most Solars who survive their initial Exaltation have at least some idea that if they don't lay low, a Wyld Hunt is coming for them, right? Currently I have a Zenith and a Dawn in a not-hun/mongol camp, both unaware of what the other is, but I'm trying to get them each to realise beyond the vague, "I feel like I should trust you, even though I have no basis for that."

>>54239975
Ah! Found it! 'You Can Be More'. Thanks, that's a huge help. One of my players has got strangely attached to a nondescript slave girl, so I figure sooner or later, she's gonna need to be a hero.

Also rediscovered Unconquered Hero's Faith, arguably the best and most awesome charm in the Abyssal repertoire, given it is a constant reminder of, "You are a hero. No dark magic or necromancy or anything else can change that fact. Some day, you WILL overcome this and you WILL be the hero you were always meant to be. Never lose faith!" It's just so glorious and heroic and Solar I have to blare inspirational music at close to full volume and blame Phantom-Conjuring Performance.
>>
>>54240814
>And don't charms have to be consciously activated?

They do, but a lot of them have flashy effects or blatantly "Humans can't do that" effects. It doesn't matter if you're not flaring if you use Strength Inc. Exercise and lift a yeddim, they're gonna realize you're not just a human. They probably won't go "omg solar" immeadiately, but they'll definitely assume at least Godblooded or something.

tl;dr Put your players in a situation where they have to use some powers. Make a house under construction begin to collapse, but point out to the big strong Ath guy he could possibly hold it up until everyone is out safe. Give a Zenith the chance to verbally bitch slap some stubborn fuck into the floor. Etc.

Make them use their powers.
>>
>>54240882
Fair enough. The issue with Presence charms is that they are intrinsically less obvious than say, cutting a tyrant lizard in half with a single swing.

But verbal bitchslapping is going to be a thing. The Zenith wants to become the Great Khan of the tribes and get them an army/basis for a kingdom so they can unite the squabbling petty kingdoms in the area into a glorious Solar empire of peace and wisdom. There's going to at least be a couple of Godblooded or heroic mortals with a high enough MDV to resist.

Speaking of which, what's a good way to present godblooded? As far as I understood, they aren't even as powerful as Terrestrials, much less Solars, so how can I make them decent opponents, especially as combatants? And what kind of appearance and powers do they typically have? There's not exactly a charm list for them.
>>
>>54238467

Not really, but here's the thing: There was a huge support system for Solars / Lunars.

Let's say you're a newly-Exalted Solar, out in the middle of buttfuck nowhere. You won't be left to roam, the Deliberative would likely send your Circle to retrieve you.

Then you'd inherit the panoply, estates and Manses of your previous incarnation, as well as his Gens of Dragonblooded. Also, your previous incarnation's Lunar mate will be looking to meet you, too.

It's not a really a case of 'till death do us part', it's just the way things were structured.
>>
>>54233595

The Fair Folk have to prey on mortals. That sort of puts a damper on their good intentions.
>>
>>54234953

Getimans and Liminals are a really, really bad idea, to my mind.

Getimans because of the plot issue - "Holy shit, you found ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY Sidereal Exaltations?" - which is massively world-changing.

Liminals are also an issue, because they don't have the Exaltation/spark theme everyone else does. They're basically completely outside the themes of the series, and sort of overlap with Abyssals. (Also, seriously, does anyone really LIKE Prometheans?)

I personally like Exigents, because there's someone else for a Solar Circle to fight. Like, for most parties, it's Dragon-blooded or nothing. Exigents can be weird and unexpected, not to mention they're way better than God-blooded. (I always felt it was weird that - for example - Ahlat's greatest champion is simply a God-Blooded, instead of having more tricks of her own.)
>>
>>54241119

I like Exigents, especially that they are highly variable in power (Though it makes me very hesitant how the mechanics for the book for them will go), so you can have them fall basically anywhere on the spectrum of exalts depending on what game you want to slot them into/what the god gave up.
>>
>>54241066
Not to mention their concept of reality, let alone morality, is tenuous at best.
>>
>>54241119
>Also, seriously, does anyone really LIKE Prometheans?
I like them as a WOD fixture. I don't like them in Exalted because they just don't fit.
>>
>>54241119
>"Holy shit, you found ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY Sidereal Exaltations?"
Excuse me, what? Getimans aren't sidereals, they aren't even corrupted sidereals either. They're just this thing, supposedly caused by fuck ups in fate, that the siderea;s have to deal with.
Also with liminals thats either the point, moving exaltation away from being this distinct thing thats easy to understand, or it just comes from the dark mother.
>>
>>54241119

Any idea how the new Exalts fit in with the revamped Exaltation process? The old Exalts are mostly unchanged, and Exigents take a massive toll on their patron god to create. Are Getimians shards like Celestial Exalts, or are they like Terrestrials? How do Liminals work? The mention of a Dar mother implies something like what the Exigents have, but that must take an insane toll on her to make all that shit. She must be as strong as an Incarna to do that.
>>
>>54241331
Exaltation doesn't work like that anymore. It isn't this thing you can go out and touch and look at that straps itself onto someones soul.
>>
>>54241259
>Also with liminals thats either the point, moving exaltation away from being this distinct thing thats easy to understand

But that was the exact point what Exaltation was supposed to be. Easy to understand. Each divinity gave part of their power to empower humans in upcoming Primordial War.
>>
>>54241383
Oh sure that part, but it's true nature was never supposed to be rigorously defined. John did some big long rant about this that you can read, its like one of the first threads on nishkira, about how 2e just turned it into this power pellet that the gods cut off a piece of themselves and stapled it onto humanns and he wanted to move it back to a thing thats...well like you said. Just the gift of the gods and what not.
>>
>>54241352

Does that man Lytek's out of the job? And that there's nothing for past memories to attach themselves to?
>>
>>54241464
No idea. Past lives is still a thing, theres an official blurb on it in miracles. Lytek I think is still around, but I really really doubt he keeps all these unconquered sun sparks in his literal filing cabinet and takes them out and polishes them anymore.
>>
>>54241427

nishkira?
>>
>>54238760

They absolutely cannot recognize each other, but anima flares can be distinguishable if you know what to expect.

Solars can pass themselves off as Fire-Aspected Dragon-Blooded, but it's pretty hard. Infernals and Abyssals, amusingly, are basically word-for-word descriptions of Anathema.
>>
>>54241537
I misspelled it. This place. http://nishkriya.theanathema.com/
It's in one of the very first threads from back before even the kickstarter when things were mostly people arguing about whether this was going to be shit or amazing. Like, back on white wolf forums old
>>
>>54241569
Oh man looking back some of this stuff is wild
>Most threads have 1-5 posts at most
>Lunars thread with 91
>New power levels changes with 51
>Magitech with 51
God I wish we had working white wolf archives. Or that /tg/ was around for any part of second edition.
>>
>>54241550
I never liked Infernals. The Abyssals make sense as a sort of twisted equal-and-opposite-reaction to the Solars, but the Infernals, especially as Solar exlatations that can never return to their original form (the way Abyssal Exaltations theoretically could) just rub me the wrong way.

Frankly, I try to ignore them. Same with Alchemicals and all these new Exalted. Honestly, I'm just freezing my understanding of the setting at the 2nd Ed core rulebook. Anything not at least vaguely alluded to in there can go straight to Malfeas.
>>
>>54241569

I have no idea where to start the search for those posts because there is no search option to type in some terms.

Thanks anyway.
>>
>>54241693
At least freeze it at the first edition core book. Geez you really want the sun is actually a giant robot again?
>>
>>54241731
Oh, I didn't know you were looking for an actual thread
http://nishkriya.theanathema.com/Threads/Details/34
Pretty sure its this one
>>
>>54241693

>I never liked Infernals. The Abyssals make sense as a sort of twisted equal-and-opposite-reaction to the Solars, but the Infernals, especially as Solar exlatations that can never return to their original form (the way Abyssal Exaltations theoretically could) just rub me the wrong way.

I honestly really liked one of the major Abyssal charms for showing the separation between those two splats.

Blood before Surrender. The one that let Abyssals spend health levels like willpower to resist stuff. The Neverborn fought until death and past it. The Yozi gave up and surrendered.

I really hope 3e keeps that charm, as to me it was the iconic Abyssal charm. I loved the idea of 'You can't ever control me as long as I am willing to die to oppose it'.
>>
question. From time to time someone says something on Onyxpath forums and gets banned. I for the love of god can't recall the secondary forums they migrate to.
>>
>>54241906
That...doesn't really have an answer. Here? RPGnet? Sufficient velocity if you have a sturdy enough stomach?
>>
>>54241733
I only started playing in second ed. What kind of major changes were there?

>>54241802
It's one of two, certainly. The other being Unconquered Hero's Faith. It's two sides of the Abyssal coin; one a force of destruction and death, utterly unrelenting in its quest to get revenge upon Creation; the other a heroic spirit still struggling against the cruelest fate imaginable - to destroy what it should be protecting and guiding.
>>
>>54241934

Sufficient velocity

This. I sometimes love to get a chuckle.
>>
>>54241331
>Are Getimians shards like Celestial Exalts, or are they like Terrestrials?
Presumably they're like Celestials. They've been described as having mini Pattern Spiders living inside them, which is how they're able to do all the crazy shit that they can.
>>
>>54241943
You know how part of the thing that people hate about the star wars prequel(and many other stories) is that it took a lot of the mystery and wonder of the setting and decided to just throw it in a dumpster fire by explaining every last aspect of the setting in explicit detail? 2e did that. Like a huge bunch.
Except for lunars. Lunars have never had good fluff but in 1e there were just generic civilization hating barbarians, and I guess their 2e version is technically better.
>>
File: images_(2).jpg (6KB, 245x205px) Image search: [Google]
images_(2).jpg
6KB, 245x205px
>>54241997
>>
>>54241998

You know, I still remember Dreams of the First Age: A setting that is basically completely unplayable, because there's nothing to do.

I guess it properly captures the ennui of that era. I've seen a DotFA game played alongside a regular campaign that was fun, though. Mostly because all the PCs took the chance to FORESHADOW like there was no tomorrow.
>>
>>54211763
>his pre-existing right wing views
Have you ever considered that being a partisan makes you retarded?
>>
>>54242141

Basically this. You have to consider both sides.
>>
>>54242122
I still think the first age is one of those things that occupies the space somewhere between irrelevant and important that it should be left undefined. Let each table say its one thing or the other, as it basically only exists for plot hooks.
>>
>>54241998
See, I'd probably be mad about that too... But I never knew the setting back in 1e so I don't really have anything to compare it to. Any examples?
>>
>>54242122

> Mostly because all the PCs took the chance to FORESHADOW like there was no tomorrow.

That's genius.
>>
>>54240581

>Solars are bad at hiding unless they're Night's.

Became much, MUCH easier in 3e though.
>>
>>54242545

You'd love it, it was done in the best way possible. Our Dawn Caste - big, strapping, handsome young man - met and romanced Anjei Marama, the Nazi Fire-Aspect. He told her:

> "There will always be a place for you in my employ, and in my heart. I'll ensure that my Gens gets right on the paperwork..."
> "AFTER this Calibration Dinner. Worry not, IT'S ONLY FIVE DAYS."

It was like...pottery.
>>
>>54242229

It kind of sucked, because it was a sci-fi setting instead of a fantasy one. And it was completely not conducive to adventuring.

>>54242630

I don't get it.
>>
>>54242122

I ran a short lived game where the PC's were Essence 10 Primordial War survivors.

There was no plot. It was literally the Exalted version of Seinfeld.
>>
>>54241934
>>54241995
People go to Sufficent velocity for anything other than Worm fanfiction?
>>
>>54242293
None in particular. You could go read the dreams of the first age chapters from the caste books if you want I suppose. It was a specific lack of setting info that's really what made it special, the first age could have been any number of things.
To use a random example though, and something I discovered recently: In the creatures of the wyld book, which was kind of just a bestiary for 1e, there was an entry for the thousand forged dragons and the brass leviathan. They were just these things from the first age, the dragon even described as clock work, that were still around and were problems. Then 2e comes along and details their exact specifics and how to make them and so on.
>>
>>54242677

Not that guy, but he was about to solve all of her life's problems. Then he, by implication, dies at the Usurpation dinner.
>>
>>54241693
>Same with Alchemicals
>Anything not at least vaguely alluded to in there can go straight to Malfeas.

But Alchemicals were in the 2e core. They were in the comic before Chapter 8. Well at least Autochthonians.
>>
>>54242733

The comics were not canon anon.

Minus Sharkdad
>>
>>54241002
>Speaking of which, what's a good way to present godblooded?

I usually use them as emmissary's of a God or as people in power of a local structure if a DB isn't around, or as the head priest/priestess for a local religion.

As for making them decent opponents, well, they simply weren't in past editions. This one, I'd just catagorize them as Exigents (and really, Exigents shouldn't fucking exist, Godblooded should've just been powered up if they wanted "random guys with God powers" rather than fucking up the setting with "YOU GET AN EXALTION AND YOU GET AN EXALTION AND YOU...").
>>
>>54242716
I've got a question about the Usurpation: What were all the Solars doing in the same place during Calibration? I know that Solar sorcerers were forced to go to Calibration dinners so they wouldn't do something stupid like summon a 3rd Circle Demon, but why did the other Solars attend them if they weren't sorcerers?
>>
>>54241427
>about how 2e just turned it into this power pellet that the gods cut off a piece of themselves and stapled it onto humanns and he wanted to move it back to a thing thats...well like you said. Just the gift of the gods and what not.

But thats exactly what a fucking Exigent is. They made Exaltion's less special because now any schmuck willing to sacrifice themself (or not, if strong enough) can crap out a full fucking fledged Exalt, something before that was restricted only to the most powerful Gods, and only in limited numbers (sans DB's, of course).
>>
>>54242763

Well they are also mentioned under the Crossbow weapon description.
>>
>>54242795

It was a sort of holiday. Five days of feasting and merriment. It was probably easier to get 300 people to fuck about for 5 days of a year than it was to put 60 of them on lockdown. At the end of the day, the same result is achieved.
>>
>>54242795

It's a chance to catch up with everyone, for petty politicking, and to show off your greatest achievements. I mean, it's also a lot of fun.

Not to mention, there's the religious element too. So you feel good about yourself, AND you get to have an orgy afterward.
>>
>>54240882
The big thing here though is most people when they see a blatantly supernatural human they think "god" or the likes. Most people don't think exalted.
>>
>>54242807
Supposedly exigents are different from the other sorts of exalts. Also we don't really know how that works either, so it could be these special carriers like exaltations were in older editons, or it could be just as 'it just works' as the others are.
>>
>>54242920

Except that there is nothing in creation with a Caste Mark and Anima Banner except an Exalt.
>>
>>54242974

Yes, but how you would - a peasant who has never seen a Dragon-blooded - know what a Caste Mark and Anima Banner are?

There's so much weird shit in Creation. More, let's say a Dawn Caste with Oriachulum Bracers punches out a group of bandits. Then he says "Yeah, my bracers give me super-strength. I won it from a desert spirit." There's nothing to differentiate him from a normal human except his shiny trinket. You can't tell what he is unless his anima flares.
>>
>>54242776
This kind of breaks the setting in half though. If the gods can create exalted tier warriors by having an orgy every other week why would they bother with the dragon blooded or most of the exalted?

>>54242795
It was effectively a way to do two things. One was to try to minimize the amount of 3rd circle demons being summoned. the other thing was to keep the power structure of creation in touch with each other so they wouldn't step on each others toes all the time. It also helped the solars keep an eye on each other. To do this they added a bunch of religious trappings and the likes to make it more of an obligation.
>>
>>54243031

>Yes, but how you would - a peasant who has never seen a Dragon-blooded - know what a Caste Mark and Anima Banner are?

Basic tenants of the Immaculate Faith. Cities may have never seen a DB before but still had mortal missionaries. This shit is spread far and wide.

>You can't tell what he is unless his anima flares.

Granted.

>>54243054

Law of Diminishment. A god would need to be extremely powerful in order to survive creating a single Exigent Exalt. And that's after having to go through all the necessary paperwork.
>>
>>54242807
The big thing with an Exigent is it is effectively a god saying "Sol. We are SOL and need some help. Here I give my life. Take all my power and forge it into a warrior who fix this problem." It's not a common thing and doesn't exactly create a standardized exalt.

>>54242974
That requires that the exalted decide to use anything outside of their personal pool and unless you are in an immaculate area most people will just see that as a funky god thing.
>>
>>54242807

The cost to a God is apparently enormous, however. Like, they die forever. (In fact, dying forever, sacrificing their immortal Essence, gives the Exigent a bit of a boost.)

Even if Ahlat created an Exigent, that would mean part of his power is gone, forever. He's basically cut out part of His soul so a mortal can have a part of His immortal spirit.
>>
>>54243119
>That requires that the exalted decide to use anything outside of their personal pool
And in the current edition they can spend from their peripheral in small amounts and still get away with it.
>>
What kind of charms would an Exigent of Lytek have?
>>
>>54243219
Cool hair prana
>>
>>54243194
Yeah. Effectively if you aren't on the scale of a upper tier god you will die instantly. And even beings like Ahlat will lose most of their power and be forever weakened.

It's why they talk about how the Incarnae would never use that method to make an exalted. Because even they would come out far lesser by the end of it. Seems that without autobot the end result takes a shit ton of power.

>>54243219
That's hard to say. I'd imagine off the top of my head things that boost celestial exalted around into higher heights of power or lets the exalt easily support the others. Likely charms based around being stronger against exalted by not against other creatures.
>>
>>54243089
>Basic tenants of the Immaculate Faith. Cities may have never seen a DB before but still had mortal missionaries. This shit is spread far and wide.

Past the satrapies that ring the Isle, and the occasional city noted as being part of the IO faith, it's far more likely they're not part of it. Remember, most of Creation is dotted with little city states, tribal lands, and etc. that don't appear on the map, and the further you get from the center, the more likely people are to mistake you for anything but something that was killed in a fight you might not even know about Gods only knows how many years ago. If anything, they're more likely to view you as a God of some sort.
>>
>>54243342
I think the most amazing thing about how spread out creation is that there is places in the world that doesn't even know what the realm is or where it is at.
>>
File: Assassin2.jpg (558KB, 1222x1805px) Image search: [Google]
Assassin2.jpg
558KB, 1222x1805px
>>54243385

Well, of course not. Even in real life, China and Japan and shit like that were at best myth to most of the Western world for a long time. Shit, people crossed an ocean and were mistaken for Gods and shit. In real life. And Creation is much bigger than Earth.

Thats why "The Wyld Hunt gunna get'cha" and similar boogeymen crap in Exalted should realistically be a fucking non-issue unless you're directly stirring shit in Realm controlled lands. And even then, that shit doesn't pop out of nowhere. It has to travel, unless it can make due with whoever is on hand locally, which it might not be able to do.

tl;dr Logistics.
>>
File: Dragonbloodednotevenonce.jpg (38KB, 309x155px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonbloodednotevenonce.jpg
38KB, 309x155px
So anons. When was incest last relevant in your exalted games?
>>
File: Alchemist.png (1MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Alchemist.png
1MB, 853x1024px
>>54243477
>When was incest last relevant in your exalted games?

Oh boy, do I have a story for you.
>>
>>54243453
The big thing with the wyld hunt of 3rd edition is they changed it around more to "The local dragon blooded realize they are about to get raped by a celestial and so gathers up a lynch mob."

So in general as long as there is dragon blooded ears near where you are it's possible to have a hunt show. Much harder these days for the realm to do this with so many running around and a lot less time for the sids to give them a location using divination.
>>
File: Amazon3.jpg (525KB, 722x900px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon3.jpg
525KB, 722x900px
>>54243501

So, we have a player who has a Solar. I'm the forever GM, unfortunately. Player is playing a Solar that's from the Realm. You know the trope, "I wanna be an Exalt!", like any good overarchieving Realm bastard child, except instead of being a DB, they overshot it a bit and ended up a Solar. But hey, it happened outside of anyone's ear/eye shot, so they simply stole away. Thats just some backstory, character history stuff.

So, Solar lady now wants to start building her empire. You know whats good for an empire? Dragonblooded! Gotta have those Dragonblooded. Well, she's got some of that genetics in her, decent enough, so she figures, hey, I'll live forever, why leave it up to chance and gather some filthy Outcaste's, I've got perfectly good DB blood in me already! I just need to find some...Donors. To get pregnant with. Good ones! Ones with decent breeding.
>>
File: NobleLady4.jpg (127KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
NobleLady4.jpg
127KB, 730x1095px
>>54243553

So she reinserts herself into Realm society, where else? At a resort! She's got good disguise and social Charms, so naturally, thats easy enough. Whips up a nice little "Look at me I'm a high breeding slutty Wood caste don't you wanna pollenate the shit out of me?" disguise, and gets right on with trying to pick out some appropriate men to try and blast her womb with some Grade A dragon juice.
>>
File: BustyDarkHairAsian.jpg (204KB, 815x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BustyDarkHairAsian.jpg
204KB, 815x1200px
>>54243582

As luck would have it (well, luck, and since I'm the GM, assholishness) would have it, guess who else is at the resort? Thats right, her mother. Good ol' mom, who hasn't heard from her daughter in a while. But it's alright, because she's an Exalt now, and momma goes right into being the devious little matchmaker and schemer she is, because she too is a social expert. Lot of mother/daughter parallel's going on here, I made sure her mother was as much like her as possible, because her backstory said how much she detested her mother. Since, y'know, nothing says fun like showing them the apple doesn't fall far from the slutty tree, right?
>>
File: GreenDressLady.jpg (72KB, 736x1041px) Image search: [Google]
GreenDressLady.jpg
72KB, 736x1041px
>>54243615

And of course, who else is with the mother? Why, it'd be the Solar's brother. Who is a DB as well, since hey, DB family and all that. So she gets it in her head, well, one way to be sure of good breeding potential...Is to keep it all in the family, right? So, she whips out some Solar mojo, and in short time, has her brother whipping it out to give her the ol' pence and pound, if you know what I mean. And since I'm doing essentially random rolls for the, well...."Incidents" every time she manages to woo some nascent partygoer at this resort, well, as luck would have it (since I don't fudge dice rolls, they come as they may), turns out she got knocked up by her brother.

...Or would have, if she didn't take Maiden's Tea a bit later after her mother shoved her ass into a political marriage with a local vineyard owning DB at the resort so she could get in on all that sweet, sweet wine money.
>>
File: chinared.jpg (109KB, 564x1018px) Image search: [Google]
chinared.jpg
109KB, 564x1018px
>>54243477

It didn't happen, but it got really weird. There was one PC (A Dynast) who Exalted as a Solar instead. The problem was that his love interest was mortal, but his mother was far, far hotter. She also looked like a Chinese vixen.

No, he didn't fuck his Mom. But Mom may not have minded. There was the time he had to pose as her husband to sneak into the Blessed Isle, and boy, that got awkward.
>>
File: Buddha.jpg (21KB, 495x371px) Image search: [Google]
Buddha.jpg
21KB, 495x371px
>>54243582
>Whips up a nice little "Look at me I'm a high breeding slutty Wood caste don't you wanna pollenate the shit out of me?" disguise, and gets right on with trying to pick out some appropriate men to try and blast her womb with some Grade A dragon juice.
I'm wheezing
>>
File: SailingSwordlady.jpg (213KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
SailingSwordlady.jpg
213KB, 600x800px
>>54243671

And, for a bit further on into the tale-Because the player doesn't come to 4chan so I really don't give a fuck posting future designs here- she's eventually going to learn her blood isn't quite as pure as she thinks. See, her mother tends to visit this resort because, besides being a nice little place to conduct some illicit business deals, shipping deals, and now wine deals thanks to shoving her daughter right into a political marriage ASAP (which of course the player both hates and loves, because it puts her in a weird position but she generally likes the DB I whipped up to be her political marriage hubby), it also serves as mom's little getaway...To see her second family.

Much like her daughter, momma's got a thing for 'exotic' men (remember parallel's earlier, like I said? Yeah, this is one of'em). Turns out she's actually half some random peasant from this foriegn country and momma has a second family she comes over to visit every now and then.
>>
File: BustyBlueNighty.jpg (115KB, 572x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BustyBlueNighty.jpg
115KB, 572x1000px
>>54243702

If he were a real Solar he'd have put the ching in her chong and given her the egg roll all night long.
>>
>>54243702
You know this when you get down into it has to be the most awkward part of being an exalted. When your grandmother is hotter then your current wive and looks a few decades younger.

Or when you get a situation where the mother of a mortal looks 24 but he is something like 90.
>>
>>54243836
>Wanting mentally retarded dragon blooded exalted from incest.
>>
File: BirdMask.jpg (226KB, 336x512px) Image search: [Google]
BirdMask.jpg
226KB, 336x512px
>>54243869
>imply magical bullshit doesn't prevent all of that

She's a Solar. She could slap the retard out of anyone with Med Charms. Atop that, remember, DB's came from a pool of like 100 dads and 1000 mothers. And then interbred from there. Theres a lot of incest in the little bastards already. It obviously doesn't impact them at all.
>>
File: KrackenLunar.jpg (429KB, 723x1000px) Image search: [Google]
KrackenLunar.jpg
429KB, 723x1000px
>>54243854
>You know this when you get down into it has to be the most awkward part of being an exalted. When your grandmother is hotter then your current wive and looks a few decades younger.

I think it's worse when some 9ft tall furry tries to yiff you because 10,000 years ago you were besties foreverial.
>>
>>54243893
>She could slap the retard out of anyone with Med Charms.

I now legitimately want to see this as a charm. Curing genetic and other forms of diseases by slapping the shit out of someone.
>>
File: UmbrellaGirl.jpg (665KB, 720x1398px) Image search: [Google]
UmbrellaGirl.jpg
665KB, 720x1398px
>>54243914

I usually file that under the Charm that removes the need for medical instruments and the disease/crippling/whatever removal Charms combo'd together.
>>
>>54243910

You know this kind of makes me want to make that situation even more uncomfortable then it already is. So make the Lunar they have a connection to Raksi instead of a younger one.
>>
Anyone know how old all the founding members of the Great Houses are? I'm trying to build a family tree for one of them and I don't know how far back I need to go.
>>
>>54243914
Back in 2e night passes over did that. I mean it wasn't supposed to be a slap, but it could be just about anything so who knows.
3e makes mental stuff a bit harder to just get rid of
>>
File: BlackAndRedLadies.jpg (320KB, 1100x626px) Image search: [Google]
BlackAndRedLadies.jpg
320KB, 1100x626px
>>54243953

I think the oldest living one is...Ragara? Isn't he like, near 500 or something and close to dying or some shit?
>>
>>54243582
>>54243615
See shit like this is why I come here even though I don't actually play Exalted. You people always end up posting some great character art.
>>
File: HornedLunar.jpg (475KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
HornedLunar.jpg
475KB, 707x1000px
>>54243944

Nothing like an unhealthy obsession coupled with the possibility they're cannibilistic monstrosities to kick start a healthy Exalted relationship.
>>
File: BustyRedKimono.jpg (494KB, 658x877px) Image search: [Google]
BustyRedKimono.jpg
494KB, 658x877px
>>54243990

Yeah, I collect a shitton of art for Exalted since I've been doing it for so long. Since it's such a varied setting it requires a wide range of stuff to really give it the whole "weird shit mashed together from every kind of inspiration" feel it should have.
>>
>>54243953
I'm not sure how they'll go about it in 3rd. But most dragon blooded die early on due to the lifestyle. I think the normal max age is something like 700 not including things like sorcerers like Mnemon. But the top age right now is closer to 400-500.
>>
>>54244020
2e says average is 300, though some can make it to 500 without using sorcery.
>>
>>54243977
>>54244020
Thank you, I'm also concerned with death rates and marriages and such. Building out the entirety of a House is probably a bit too much but I'm going to do a significant chunk if I can.

How many living Dragonbloods do you think there should be in a house all told? Specifically Cathak as it says they are second in DBs only behind Mnemon.
>>
>>54244052
You know though I'm not really sure how they'll do this in 3E now. It's now far easier to use sorcery to extend your aging and we already know Mnemon has done so for the last 2 editions.

So it would feel all kinds of strange if the top house heads were dying of old age. Mostly because couldn't they always just get one of the sorcerers of their house to fix them up?
>>
>>54244120
If I remember right the idea is there is something like 20K in all of creation. Half of which are from the realm and the other half are lost eggs.
>>
File: Nobleman.png (1MB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Nobleman.png
1MB, 707x1000px
>>54244142
>You know though I'm not really sure how they'll do this in 3E now. It's now far easier to use sorcery to extend your aging and we already know Mnemon has done so for the last 2 editions.

The past 2 editions also had fairly cheap Hearthstones that just let you live forever. And cheap regular shit that would extend your age. But house heads still aged. Also unless I'm misremembering, there never were any spells for extending your life, so the whole "sorcery to extend your life" in the past 2 editions was straight up fluff bullshittery.

tl;dr The setting never takes into account this kind of stuff it seems, especially if it appeared in a source book.
>>
File: 1495540516173.jpg (117KB, 1024x569px) Image search: [Google]
1495540516173.jpg
117KB, 1024x569px
>>54244013
I've been building my own art folder as of late, though it has a bit more landscapes then characters. Also I seem to get sidetracked as there's a lot of girl muscle in there.
>>
File: FullPlate2.jpg (74KB, 600x899px) Image search: [Google]
FullPlate2.jpg
74KB, 600x899px
>>54244197

I rarely do landscape stuff. Most of my folders are characters.
>>
>>54243953
Thats....going to be very difficult to do. I mean it's not like its a straightforward generational line where the sons and daughters of one generation marry the sons and daughters of the next. You have older people getting thrown in with younger, dynasts who got 'old' abruptly exalting, new outcastes getting added in, spouses dying and likely getting replaced.
>>
File: tumblr_olzsgwKZmr1t9x55so5_1280.jpg (129KB, 1061x752px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_olzsgwKZmr1t9x55so5_1280.jpg
129KB, 1061x752px
>>54244216
Nice to have some variety I guess.
>>
>>54244178
>The past 2 editions also had fairly cheap Hearthstones that just let you live forever.

If I remember right they kind of tried to justify that by saying it was a rare Hearthstone that almost no one had and still requires you keep the thing active.

> "sorcery to extend your life" in the past 2 editions was straight up fluff bullshittery.

Yeah they kind of portrayed it as "Look how godly Mnemon is. She has stalled her age to the point where she is a late teenager in form but is old enough for it to be the end for the rest of the elders." it is a lot easier now in this edition though since you only need a working near the celestial range. Which there should be a few that can do that in the upper dragon blooded. Let alone when you consider Sid allies.
>>
>>54244178
>fairly cheap Hearthstones that just let you live forever.
The gem of immortality was earth 5. That isn't cheap at all
>>
>>54244241

It is.

>>54244272

It was cheaper in 1E. Also 1E had a stone that made you not just immortal, but unkillable, at 5 dots.
>>
>>54244316
>Also 1E had a stone that made you not just immortal, but unkillable, at 5 dots.

I always love that one exploit the developer went on about with this. The one where a lunar can break the game in half via a stone that makes them utterly unkillable.
>>
File: DaiklaiveHolder.jpg (219KB, 1095x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DaiklaiveHolder.jpg
219KB, 1095x1600px
>>54244339

I miss 1E for stuff like that. It really drove home the idea Exalted was a high power game that you could buy straight up unconditional unkillability right at char-gen.
>>
>>54244386
Unconditional unkillability isn't very fun and makes no part of the setting make sense.
>>
File: ArmorOwl.jpg (85KB, 736x1041px) Image search: [Google]
ArmorOwl.jpg
85KB, 736x1041px
>>54244408
>and makes no part of the setting make sense.

In 1E manses were extremely fragile places of power you had to devote significant resources towards protecting because even the slightest bit of damage could make the whole thing go tits up. Part of taking down any old ass Exalt was supposed to be disabling their manses so they didn't have all of this powerful shit buffing the tits off them.

Then 2E came along and suddenly manses were fucking fortresses with goddamn laser cannons and multiple deathtraps and other bullshit.
>>
>>54244474
It's less manses in particular and more 'If thats a thing you can just do apparently how come the primordials didn't figure out some way to give themselves that power, or the first age exalts, or anyone else"
>>
File: AKnickKnackMarketStall.jpg (1MB, 2000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
AKnickKnackMarketStall.jpg
1MB, 2000x1414px
>>54244498

They did. But the end result was such things got broke. Because they were extremely fragile, tempermental pieces of complex magical architecture that tended to violently explode if even the slightest thing about it was out of whack.
>>
>>54244549
No no, I mean outside of manses. If unconditional complete immortality is a power that exists in the setting that you can get from a hearthstone, surely some primordial would be able to just innately manifest that power without needing the hearthstone. They created creation after all, surely theres nothing its capable of that they arent.
>>
>>54244578
>surely theres nothing its capable of that they arent.

Thats false. A big theme in Exalted is the things you make can vastly outstrip you. Thats why Solars tend to do so much shit no one expected them to be able to do.

Shit, Primordials had no concept of death, period. Remember, when one of them died, it shocked them, because they didn't even think that could happen. And thats also why it broke part of Creation, because Creation wasn't made for something they didn't think could even happen.
>>
>>54244223
Yeah I know, a friend and I have toyed around and made a family tree of about 130 people but it was just us throwing names together and making up birth dates out of thin air. I'm now trying to go through all the books and try to discover general "rules" that will let me make the family tree a lot easier without having to think as much, instead of letting it be natural.

Right now I'm trying to decide death rates and such because if the society encourages them to pop out babies then there's gonna be a lot of them when they can live 300 years old and have babies that whole time.

Also at what point would people stop being part of a Great House? Because, with all that current year DBs should have like 300 8th cousins and shit.

Regarding that, how close would Great Houses marry into each other? 1st Cousins is likely too close, but 2nd Cousins? That seems about right, 2nd cousins only share about 3% of each other's DNA.
>>
>>54244718
And of course a part of this! Bloodlines and how often kids Exalt. The real basic 2e rules said 2 DBs of average breeding would have a kid Exalt 60% of time. I'm working on refining those rules to something a bit more chaotic while still giving the same general results. However the rules I have so far involve d20s to give a bit more granularity so I might have to turn in my Exalted card along with my bucket of d10s.
>>
File: BustyNoble.png (2MB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BustyNoble.png
2MB, 1000x1200px
>>54244718
>Right now I'm trying to decide death rates and such because if the society encourages them to pop out babies then there's gonna be a lot of them when they can live 300 years old and have babies that whole time.

Problem is their society also encourages them to be murderous assholes to one another to get ahead, and they also tend to promote people based on their ability to suck up and be good little socialites, over actual ability. Remember, "accidents" happen all the time in the Dynasty, especially to the ones in schools, and it's relatively common, going by a lot of NPC descriptions, for people who have no actual ability to do the job they're assigned to do, to be in those positions because they kissed the right ass. Sometimes literally.
>>
>>54244757
Yeah, all on death rates I've seen so far is only 1/3 of DBs make it to "retirement" which is as nebulous as their lifespans. Hard to make a general rule to follow when some DB could keel over at 298 from liver failure while another one is chainsmoking hookahs while doing cocaine of a Cynis whore's ass at a spry 476.
>>
>>54244757
Yeah this. Dragon blooded in the realm are people born into a warriors society and tossed into shitty situations all the time.

Most of them die around essence 2 or 3. it's really only the lucky bastards that become elder dragon blooded and break 200+.
>>
>>54244785
Excuse me, 1/2 make it to retirement, 1/3 die of natural causes.
>>
>>54244785
My favorite death in exalted history is still to this day the dragon blooded socialite who got blew up by a wood caste dragon blooded doing experiments on Tantric sex causing an essence overflow. Which is kind of a great thing to write on your tombstone vs "Died from a beastmen spearing his Kidneys.."
>>
>>54238929

Personally I just always made it that my party's Solars sensed something like a fate ping when they encountered one another. Or I gave them Past Lives style flashbacks when they ran into their future circlemates. It's cheesy but it works within the established canon of the game.

If your party has a Zenith you can also have them know they have to gather the circle together by giving them almost direct instruction by the UCS. That's sort've the Zenith's role anyway, to bring the circle together and be their rock.
>>
>>54245272
I usually have my players sit down and figure out how they all met each other in the backstory, letting them add themselves one by one over the course of 6 months or so.

Solars are pretty loud, given enough time they'll find each other. Forcing a meeting in the first session is okay in small amounts but after 3 or 4 games that start the same way it starts grating on my suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>54243893
>She could slap the retard out of anyone with Med Charms
I need to make this an actual thing in my game now.

Oh, what to call it. Autism Unawareness Atemi? Sonichu Dispelling Prana? Someone help me here.
>>
File: 1WelcomeToExaltedMotherfucker.jpg (2MB, 3464x2212px) Image search: [Google]
1WelcomeToExaltedMotherfucker.jpg
2MB, 3464x2212px
>>54245494

Universal Vaccination Method
>>
>>54240581
Dragonblooded having scales sometimes was dumb. I doubt we'll see it again.
>>
>>54241464
Past memories don't have to be an object either. Perhaps you just have a metaphysical connection to your last exaltation.
>>
>>54244163
Something like 10k Dynasts on the Blessed Isle and in Satrapies, a few thousand in Lookshy, a few hundred in the Dreaming Sea ruling their kingdom and the rest scattered around. Adds up to as you say, about twenty thousand.
>>
>>54244257
Sidereals cannot postpone their death by sorcery, peaches of immortality or anything else. They may decide to look young until their death by such means though.

Except Rakan Thulion of course. He used dark, forbidden powers to parry the sign of Saturn and has gone into hiding to wage his war against heaven.
>>
>>54244578
They did have unconditional immortality, until Ghost Eating Technique.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.