[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you do run a game about players escaping from prison?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: landscape-ustv-prison-break.jpg (132KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
landscape-ustv-prison-break.jpg
132KB, 1280x640px
How do you do run a game about players escaping from prison?
>>
Do a dexterity check to see if you drop the soap
>>
File: DnD_OotA.png (161KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
DnD_OotA.png
161KB, 300x300px
>>54202155
>>
Dungeon Crawl in reverse.
>>
>>54202155
Do they ever get out, or is the whole campaign about the escaping
>>
File: prison_break.jpg (98KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
prison_break.jpg
98KB, 960x540px
>>54202174
Beat me to it.

>>54202155
Consider pic related, perfect game exploring the theme. The most important points:

>some old fucker with prepared plan of escape that needs improvement
>helping players get their equipment back or atleast some substitutes
>asshole guards
>carefully prepared prison full of opportunities
>the PCs have limited freedom
>>
>>54202230
Not whole campaign, but a good arc/adventures worth of it. Maybe 6 ish sessions of it
>>
>>54202155

The important thing is to describe the rape in minute detail.
>>
>>54202155
step one, be convicted of a felony
>>
Just play Paranoia.
>>
>>54202155
It all begins with rape...
>>
>>54202155
Have your players convicted, of course.
>>
File: Ey I'm leanin' here'.jpg (36KB, 312x298px) Image search: [Google]
Ey I'm leanin' here'.jpg
36KB, 312x298px
>>54202155
Teamwork needs to be emphasized even more, as the players will have to rely on their wits and not try and just murder everyone.

It'd be more about planning an escape route, gathering info, and attempting to get out in one night.
>>
>>54202234
>carefully prepared prison full of opportunities

How would you go about doing this. I picture some objectives that need to be completed in limited time windows, maybe overlapping windows, but it's that fun?

How would I present objectives in a way that allows players to come up with the plan?
>>
Set it up so when they arrive for the session there's a large heap of whatever illegal drug you can find cheapest in the middle of the table and police on their way.

My group seems to be loving it, they haven't escaped yet at least.
>>
>>54202155
>Gm tried to pull that off with a "you all start in jail" without telling us beforehanded
>My char was a conjurer with abrupt jaunt
>>
>>54206874
wizard edition strikes again
>>
>>54209672
>wizard system strikes again
Fix'd
>>
"I was born 87 years ago. For 65 years I've ruled as Tamriel's Emperor. But for all these years I have never been the ruler of my own dreams. I have seen the Gates of Oblivion, beyond which no waking eye may see. Behold, in Darkness a Doom sweeps the land. This is the 27th of Last Seed; the Year of Akatosh 433. These are the closing days of the 3rd Era, and the final hours of my life."

Then you start chargen.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.