[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 73

File: HHG alternate.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HHG alternate.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
Rolled 13 (1d26)

Primarch Helmet Edition
Smart Handsome Magic Ogryn Sub-edition
We learned FW's will be releasing Primarch helmets after they finish all their Knight heads, anon blamed Angron for his nails, and the warp in your skin is a secret intelligence that allows Primarchs to do impossible things, like having an armour of tubes to hold a titan. The Destroyer corps from multiple legions gather and embark into Hussar Chimeras because yes, we're doing this heresy thing and find out who's wrong. All that and more in the previous thread. Just don't tell Angron's gladiator bros, they're not invited :^) >>54173100
>Thread FAQ
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub ()
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
https://mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
>>
Shite banter in the op tbqh
>>
File: space-wolf-prospero.jpg (70KB, 540x700px) Image search: [Google]
space-wolf-prospero.jpg
70KB, 540x700px
FOR THE WOLFTIME
>>
>>54200929
What banter? There's no banter.
>>
Marines vs. Mechanicum scoreboard
>Marines: ∞
>Mechanicum: 0
>>
Weird question, but does anyone have any overhead-view battlemaps, or know of any sites that have them?
>>
>>54200834
Good bread, anon. I do like that OP image, mostly because Titans are awesome.

>>54201089

I think they haven't won literally infinite battles, but yeah, the writers hate us.

Omnissiahstears.noosphere.
>>
File: custodes.jpg (249KB, 1037x895px) Image search: [Google]
custodes.jpg
249KB, 1037x895px
So, what are you guys working on?

Finally found some time to work on my custodes some more, only to use the wrong shade on the vexila guy. And now people are telling me that he looks better that way and I am seriously considering re-shading all my custodes...
>>
>>54201458
I'll open up a wine bottle and draw some marines, it may help me decide between DA, SW and SoH.
>>
>>54201458
Just finished up my second javelin, now I'm back to the infantry grind. I'd post pics but I'm insecure.
>>
>>54201458
Too much work to work on non-work lately. California has great weather but we let it go to waste by working a million hours. Kinda makes me wish the hippies had won; quite the opposite.

I agree that the shading on the vexillatode looks better. It's more crisp, better defined. To me it looks like the same hue, just darker and less spread out - it's close enough that I don't think you need to redo the guy next to him. imo, if you wanted to take them to the next level it'd be through more aggressive highlighting.
>>
>>54201546
Fuck being insecure, if I can post my shitty custodes, you can post your javelin. How bad can it be?
>>
>>54201525
How is this even a decision that needs deliberating?
>>
File: Binary Succession cover.jpg (284KB, 1280x967px) Image search: [Google]
Binary Succession cover.jpg
284KB, 1280x967px
I've been listening to The Binary Succession HH book, and I've noticed that both sides in the negotiation's fears actually happened. Mars lost a decent chunk of their independence with the loss of the psuedo-feudal Taghmatas and such, although less than they feared, and the Imperium gradually became completely dependent on the Mechanicus, without the small quantities of independent manufacturing dotted around in the 30k times.

Probably a better deal for the Mech than the Imperials, though, since the Mech kept most of their toys and locked them up, and it's not like anyone in the Imperium has the power to object to them using them at this point.
>>
>>54201790
The voices is that audio book are neat.
>>
>>54201525
SoH all the way. Techno-barbarian aesthetic is best aesthetic. Spess knights and dude vikings lmao are lame.

>>54201790
>Mars lost a decent chunk of their independence with the loss of the psuedo-feudal Taghmatas
Forge Worlds still have their own independent armies of skitarii and rowbutts. What's the difference really?
>>
>>54201525
Loyalty is its own reward, enough said.
>>
>>54202011
Precisely, they're still hella well armed and scary, just less versatile and different until you push them far enough for them to get dangerous and start pulling out toys. Thinking that deal was better for them, since now the Imperials can't even fly their ships without Techpriests for the most part, let alone fix 'em, while the Admech carried on looting, appropriating, hoarding and tinkering with tech and generally being exactly the same as they were before, just with a slightly less awesome name. They still have most of the HH stuff, too, just not in their army lists because GW is BORING now and removed almost all the options.
>>
File: Javelin No 2.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Javelin No 2.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>54201702
True, part of it is that I can't get good lighting for the life of me. All I have is shitty overhead where you can't see anything and a blinding flourescent desk lamp that looks like this.

I actually think this came out better than my firt javelin though, the drybrushed metal highlights look loads better although they're reeally hard to see here.
>>
File: Space_Wolves_Legion_Heraldry.png (975KB, 887x723px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Wolves_Legion_Heraldry.png
975KB, 887x723px
>>54201719
>>54202011
>>54202057
tbqh FW made the Space Wolves cool again. I like them more because of the memes they wrap themselves in rather than the overwolf.
DA are cool without any further explanation needed. I'd probably go either Dreadwing or Deathwing with Chaos Warriors aesthetic.
SoH are the Mankind's first-become-demons. IMO they have the viking feel to their playstyle as much as the Wolves.
>>
>>54201525
>aspergic gaylords who profess to be loyal yet do pretty much nothing while mooching of Guilliman's couch
>badass super wolf vikings who take no shit and give no fucks
>traitor shits with no personality
>>
>>54202167
>a blinding flourescent desk lamp that looks like this
Tape a tissue over the lamp, it'll diffuse the light.

I like it, and it's great to see... I assume they're WS but I guess they could be mid-Heresy WE. My only comment is I'd consider a darker, less saturated red.
>>
>>54202345
>the loyalist jobber legion
>badass
>>
>>54202374
Yea they're mid-heresy World Eaters. I use Mephiston Red, but I might test model with something darker. I give it a brown wash so it looks a bit darker. I'll have to try the tissue thing.
>>
>>54202167
Looking solid enough. I'd really consider a layer of dark red shade on the red parts.
Also, the melta barrel on the HB needs straightening out.
>>
>>54201565
I'll probably leave the guardian and his mates as is and do the haeteroi (to which the vexila guy belongs) with the darker shade. That'll even help to differentiate them a little.
>>
File: awoo.jpg (79KB, 680x785px) Image search: [Google]
awoo.jpg
79KB, 680x785px
>>54202201
THE VOID WOLF
>>
File: dark angel biker.jpg (55KB, 526x390px) Image search: [Google]
dark angel biker.jpg
55KB, 526x390px
>>54202011
What's wrong with Spess Knights jousting on jetbikes?
>>
>>54202345
>alaxxes
>yarant
>dulan
>>
File: IMG_5206.jpg (121KB, 439x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5206.jpg
121KB, 439x640px
Thinking of writing up fluff for one of the lost legions, but I suck at coming up good names.
Their specialities are subverting enemy defences, accurate application of force and keeping enemies off balance.

I imagine them like a foil to the Alpha Legion, but through trickery and misdirection, rather than subterfuge and deception. Less "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy", more "Going Postal".

Their Primarch will be called "Anansi", or some derivative.

Their themes are luck, gold (pic related) tricks and possibly spiders. I'm imagining gold will feature in their uniforms.

Ive already thought of Omega Legion and while hilarious, it probably wouldn't work

I've considered "Sons of Fortune", "Golden Sons" or "Golden Wheels", but like I said, I suck at names. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your attention!
>>
>>54203282
So they're Raven Guard?
>>
>>54203282
Seeing as you mention anansi why not golden spiders?
>>
>>54203282
How about the Golden Weavers, organized in Great Webs and Splinter Threads.
Theme song: Fortunate Sons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I
>>
>>54203329
Thought the Raven Guard were foils to the Night Lords? Ya know, spooky scare tactics?
>>
>>54203282
>Their specialities are subverting enemy defences, accurate application of force and keeping enemies off balance.
Pretty lame tbqh. This niche is already filled by the Alpha Legion and Raven Guard. We don't need another sneaky trickster legion.

>I imagine them like a foil to the Alpha Legion, but through trickery and misdirection, rather than subterfuge and deception.
The AL and RG do all of those. It's redundant. Why not create something new and unique?
>>
>>54203484
There's various foil combinations. The raven guard are foils to the night lords & alpha legion, the night lords are foils to the raven guard & blood angels, the blood angels are foils to the night lords & world eaters, the world eaters are foils to the blood angels & space wolves...
>>
>>54203595
>>54203597
That's fair, though I imagine the Alphas and Ravens being rather more dower than the Spiders would be.
What sort of niches do you think this Legion could fit in that aren't well covered by the others? I was going to suggest "being really lucky", but that's more of a subjective thing...
Perhaps line breaking? Not sieges, but restarting stalled advances?
What about traps? Perhaps they could be a more defensive Legion, preferring to hold trench lines and urban areas, rather than fortresses?
Any other suggestions?
>>
>>54203840
>What about traps?
None of the legions are particularly known for physical boobytraps. The RG and to a lesser extent AL make extensive use of ambush tactics. It's a pretty narrow theme though.

>Perhaps they could be a more defensive Legion, preferring to hold trench lines and urban areas, rather than fortresses?
That sounds exactly like the Iron Warriors. The Imperial Fists are more broadly the defensive legion.

>Any other suggestions?
It's tough. The Legions roles have evolved over time to fill empty spaces so there's not much room left.
>>
File: Are you traps.jpg (285KB, 981x1336px) Image search: [Google]
Are you traps.jpg
285KB, 981x1336px
>>54203840
Not only do all legions do everything (in a HH book some SoH enact NLesque terror tactics), but most of the bases are already covered. As in, don't worry if yours overlaps with some other
>Mechanized assault
IW, IH, there's also a general RoW modelled after the one invented by DA, AL has done it as well
>Extermination
All of them, especially DG, IW and the DA branch. Arguably the Ashen Circle fits here as well (against human ideas)
>Line Breaking
IW, SW, WE, SoH
>Siege and fortifications
IW & IF, sitting on a rampart, holding hands, duelling...
>Covert
RG, AL, NL (yes they do)
>Melee
WE, BA, NL, EC, DA, SW
>Lightning assault
DA, WS, EC, BA, RG
>Generalists
UM, EC, SoH, WB, AL. Everyone too.
>Special weapons
IW, DG, Sa, AL
>Crusaders
UM, EC, WB, SoH, DA
>Trap making
IW, WB, RG, AL
>Etc
Etc
>What about traps?
Pic related :^)
>>
>>54203840
>What about traps?
That's EC.
>>
>>54204088
You forgot DA in special weapons.
>>
>>54204102
Nice.
>>
>>54204134
Oh yes that DA branch, as well as TS (mindbullets count).
And didn't write stuff like heavy infantry assault, teleporter assault, anvil, space battles, etc.
>>54204150
You should have given me a (You) :^(
>>
>54204188
>:^)
>>
>>54203840
Given how often spiders are associated with weaving the stands of fate or whatever, how about these chaps having a strong librarius presence, focussing especially on divination?

Also, spiders are often tricksters in mythology, so you could have a legion of Torgaddons if you want.
>>
>>54204006
>>54204088
Good to know! Guess I should aim to kinda overlap with something not extensively covered...

On the train of thought of traps and general spider theme, what about encirclement, containment and blockades? A siege is the intention of breaking into a fortress, but what about just surrounding and keeping an enemy force in one place? This could also play into the trickster theme, misdirecting enemies into where you want them.
hehehe traps

>>54204311
I'd usually go for the divination angle, but the fan-Legion that got me thinking about this, the Lightening Bearers, have divination as their main thing, so I'd like to lean more on the trickester angle.
>>
>>54204389
>the Lightening Bearers
>Bearers
Goddamnit this triggers me. There's only 18 legions. It's not that hard to use unique nouns in your name. I'm looking at you, Raven Guard, Iron Warriors, and Sons of Horus.
>>
>>54204311
>>54204389
That fits in well with the "Primarchs = tarot arcana" theory. Someone did a profile on the two lost primarchs based on the two tarot cards that didn't fit with the other 18 primarchs, and one of the two is likely psychic but not exactly like Magnus:
http://menducia.atspace.com/primarchs/II.html
>>
>>54204535
I think Fortune fits better for Canon's needs

http://menducia.atspace.com/primarchs/X.html
>>
>>54204588
*anon's.

Ugh
>>
>>54204446
I always got the Iron Warriors and Iron Hands mixed up
Still, the bearing of lightening is pretty distinct as a concept, unlike having Iron Hands and being made of Iron (hands included, assumedly)

>>54204535
>>54204588
That's exactly what I was planning to work from! Primarch of Fortune!
Here's the thread in question: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/285838-the-lost-and-forgotten-building-the-ii-legion/
I didn't link the thread/site because I thought people might go off reading it and not reply to me :,(
>>
>>54204611
Ah, your posts did seem a bit too close for it to be a coincidence. Cool.

I could see someone like that being into the psychological aspect of combat - not instilling fear like Curze, but encouraging flight in a predictable manner (leaving an escape route, as Sun Tzu recommended) or making surrender more likely. That'd mean envelopments, maybe a bit of diplomacy (potentially what got them in trouble).
>>
>>54204611
>>54204899
Spiders paralyze their prey before eating it, right?

So how about pinning their enemies before destroying them with one last strike?
>>
File: The Hero Never Returned.jpg (288KB, 682x662px) Image search: [Google]
The Hero Never Returned.jpg
288KB, 682x662px
>>54200958
Listen, Sixth, he's just not that into you.
>>
File: IMG_5211.png (141KB, 390x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5211.png
141KB, 390x500px
>>54204899
>>54204938
Pretty damn good ideas! I like the idea of using psychology, mind games, traps and blockades to paralyse their enemies. Hopefully they'll surrender, but the Golden Spiders are ready to devour them.

As for their downfall, I was imaging their Primarch was lucky enough to land amoung xenos who wouldn't try and murder him instantly. Luckily, they were all dead by the time the Emperor picked him up, but he was already kinda set against the ideals of the Crusade.
So he starts opening dialogue with xenos sympathises, then actual xenos, then starts to ask why they should be killing them all.
One thing leads to another, then Russ and his wolves get called in.
Maybe Anansi and some of the boys are lucky enough to escape...
>>
File: Chapter_Master_Astelan_Merir.jpg (413KB, 726x1170px) Image search: [Google]
Chapter_Master_Astelan_Merir.jpg
413KB, 726x1170px
So how hard do dark angels suck in 30k? Honestly the only worthwhile thing they seem to get is acid shells, and even that is totally offset by the fact that a solid amount of the time they lose d3 victory points. I just want my grumpy boys.
>>
>>54205908
Just wait a year friend.

If it's anything like the BL books you're in dir a treat
>>
>>54205908
Both of their rites seem pretty good, although I guess it depends if those are ways you want to build your army.
>>
>>54205339
>In M30.972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Segmentum Obscurus underground. Today, still wanted by the Imperium, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem... if no one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire... The Golden Spiders.
>>
>>54205985
>Commander "Primarch" Anansi
>Lieutenant Commander "Face" Hermes
>Forge-Lord "Mad" Reynard
>Champion "B.A." Wukong
>>
>>54205985
Outcast Dead was bad enough the first time.
>>
>>54206275
>Anansi Hermes Reynard Wukong
You've given yourself away, Graham "Shaitan of the Morningstar" McNeill.
>>
File: IMG_2961.jpg (1MB, 2557x2259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2961.jpg
1MB, 2557x2259px
Glad I picked up my Caladius' Heavy Arachnus Blaze Cannons but god these things are so bulky looking.

Paint will definitely help, but still.
>>
>>54206443
Also before I forget, the shiny spots are where the rubbing alcohol is still drying; I just scrubbed them
>>
>>54206408
Hey man, of Horus, Vulkan and Erebus are alright, I'm gonna plunder mythology like there's no tomorrow
I'm most salty that Loki was already taken.
>>
File: Femtarion.jpg (315KB, 1170x1444px) Image search: [Google]
Femtarion.jpg
315KB, 1170x1444px
So, I was tired of there being no Femtarion, so I doodled my own. And I'm of those guys who wants big buff femarchs.
Is there something other to femarchs than being primarchs with feminine faces?
>>
File: bueno.jpg (1MB, 1861x1477px) Image search: [Google]
bueno.jpg
1MB, 1861x1477px
>>54206524
I most definitely would a Femtarion.
>>
>>54206507
Just stick with Lugh.

Only in Ireland is the trickster god also the law god. Is also the war god, is also the king.
>>
>>54206524
>Is there something other to femarchs than being primarchs with feminine faces?
Depends which fetishes you have.
>>
>>54206612
Good call, I'll find a home for Lugh
>>
>>54204088
>Sa
>only get special weapons
B-But I thought my legion was special
>>
>>54201458
This Is gonna sound like an insult but It's not. Whenever they describe emporers children as being so richly and vibrantly resplendent that It's attractive, but still somehow offensive and garish to see, I could never really imagine what they meant. Every individual part of your painting Is attractive and looks great, but the color composition and saturation of clashing hues also makes me want to look away. I'm legitimately really strangely in love with these.
>>
>>54206754
You're really just shit though.
Day of the Hose when?
>>
>>54206754
If it helps, they also belong to the Crafters and Resilient Infantry categories.
>>
>>54206754
L I V E S.
>>
>>54206763
I...I'm not sure how to feel about that. T-thanks, I guess?
Not exactly the effect I was going for...
>>
which would be more enjoyable, deathguard or world eaters?
>>
>>54206805
>so say the night lord faggot
>>
>>54206905
What do you like more, endless blobs of basic marines surging across the field while screaming, or a specialist army with a focus on enduarance specialist terminators?
>>
>>54206905
Implacable advances or raging berserker charge
>>
>>54206905
Death Guard are just cooler.
>>
>>54206905
More enjoyable where anon?
>>
>>54206971
In bed, obviously.
>>
>>54206524
I mean, you do you but a femarch you can have in the Uber comic. Not sure what to think of being pulverized into meatpaste by an angry 9ft tall german chick who can flatten city blocks by looking at it with vague shit smell face.

P.S. RAF could have schooled that hyper-cow because they primarily bombed at night. Can't melt what you cant see nerd, now someone hold my tea, Im riding the GRAND SLAM bomb down for a SMASHING delivery

Pic related to current emotional state
>>
>>54206995
Hmmm
WE
>great for angry sex
>will happily inflict pain if that's what you're into
>may bite your dick off during blowjobs
DG
>can keep going for hours if need be
>most active at dusk
>jesus, do they smell bad
>>54207006
>now someone hold my tea, Im riding the GRAND SLAM bomb down for a SMASHING delivery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBf7WC19lpw
>>
>>54207006
>What about the femarch from Uber?
Already read it, thanks. As for those guys, they operated like marines. "Can destroy but they can't capture", remember? And the whole
>No army can move that way
>Then can when they're a few hundred men on motorcycles
Bombers attack stationary targets.
>>
>>54200834
>>54200691
The propaganda part is that they were winged when they charged, but yes they did actually do that and got a few kills
>>
>>54207087
DG are great in bed.
>>
>>54207193
I thought you were talking about this one
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_at_Krojanty
>>
File: tumblr_m1fb68fycR1rq2u2oo1_1280.png (323KB, 625x473px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1fb68fycR1rq2u2oo1_1280.png
323KB, 625x473px
>>54207121
They have to camp somewhere to rest, and when they do they better prepare to get skull fucked by a bunch of angry Mosquito/typhoon pilots. I enjoy the comic as well, just despite the Ubervolk being OP, I think it would be hard to escape the noticed of...what, 14-15000 fighter-bombers the allies had available in the west? Then again those same few hundred guys solo'd the fucking Red Army in Berlin and the Ruskies had how many fucking men and machines available?
>>54207087
Yes I fucking love my tea, and Im not even fully British.

Also gonna take a gracious pass on human-astartes coitus, would rather not die of massive internal hemorrhaging.
>>
>>54207193
It absolutely isn't true. You've been memed.

>>54207006
>>54207121
>>54207341
I like Über but you guys need to fuck off to /co/. You've already discussed the comic in like a dozen threads.
>>
So I've probably posted about this before, but it came up on Discord so I mention it again.

Would you a Primarch Dating Sim, /hhg/?
>>
>>54207372
I would even a combi-bolter dakimakura, why wouldn't I a Primarch dating sim?
>>
File: shot 2017.05.15 20.16.36.jpg (146KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
shot 2017.05.15 20.16.36.jpg
146KB, 1366x768px
>>54207368
Ah, apologies anon; this is my first thread back in about a month. Guess I missed the Uberwagon as it were. Does raise the question of why doesnt the Imperium make more use of its Aerospace assets for suppression of enemy defences, supply line interdiction and tactical strikes? Or is that just an in universe narrative wierdness? If so it would be neat to have more stories from the flyboys persepctive but then again Im biased
>>
>>54207409
>combi-bolter dakimakura
Oh come on, man, have some standards.
Volkite daki or get the fuck out of my face.
>>
File: Combi-bolter.gif (474KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Combi-bolter.gif
474KB, 480x270px
>>54207444
>A
Because the tabletop game is about a land war. Flying vehicles are mainly focused for close air support, or to remove the enemy's close air support
>B
The air-to-air battle now happens beyond the atmosphere in Ace Combat: Battlefleet Gothic
>C
They kind of do. Land battles happen only because the orbital assets punch holes in the planetary defenses. At Galaspar Mortarion rams a hive city with the Fourth Horseman, allowing the rest of the landers to arrive. At Paramar the AL uses two starships as fucking Stuka bombers and glass a patch in the defenses so marines can arrive.
>>54207539
>Martian waifu
So you couldn't even pick terran? And you can always upgrade to more underslung AP
>>
>>54207628
I like volkite because it's fucked up and grimdark.
>>
>>54206763
>>54206886
I can sort of see that. All of the colors - the orangey gold, blue, and purple - are very bold. There's also a lot of contrast in the purple itself because it's got a highly saturated blueish base (a cool tone) lined with a highly saturated reddish highlight (warm tone). A lot going on.

When you see an EC model that isn't garish, it's probably got some gray in the purple and a fair amount of white/marble secondary parts.
>>
>>54207372
>Discord
That place is a den of cancer and the scum of /hhg/. Avoid them at all possible. They're terrible peole.
>>
>>54208186
were you the guy shitting up the thread after getting banned from the discord and threatening to kill yourself and your family because you were called a faggot on the internet?
>>
>>54207628
Huh, thats pretty metal on both Morty and the AL's part; making a multi kilometer long and several mega-tonne massed ship pull a diving main battery strafe on a position must take balls of steel. All it takes is some bridge or engine damage and your now an extinction grade kinetic bombardment device.

I missed the boat on Aeronautica Imperialis I think
>>
Man, sure is dead in here right now. Here's a question. Who's the most waifuable non-primarch character from each legion?
>>
>>54209087
Fuck off, CF.

Argel Tal. He can be my angle or my devil.
>>
>>54209087
Targutei Yesugei for the Scars. I would cuddle with that man and I don't like other dudes.
>>
>>54206943
>>54206950
i love the concept of both but i want one ill enjoy painting. though im not a fan of being a completely melee centric army with the WE and i want some support from different units.
>>
>>54209712
Yeah, Deathguard are the way to go for you then.
>>
File: IMG_2439.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2439.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>54201458
Thousand Sons! Last model I'll do with just regular brushes. Airbrush came in and will be getting some Angron Red for the XV
>>
File: IMG_2437.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2437.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>54201458
>>
Why did my images end up sideways?? O.o
>>
>>54210485
Because you're not very bright.

But we still love you anon :3
>>
>>54209970
are they good for being sort of all rounders? i keep hearing that UM or BA are the way to go if i want those but i cant stand their colour schemes...
>>
File: Dark-Compliance.jpg (156KB, 650x822px) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Compliance.jpg
156KB, 650x822px
HOLY SHIT.

It's.....it's......DOOMBREED
>>
>>54212259
Spoilers?
>>
Is it possible to have a rite of war for an allied attachment of marines?

I want to ally Salamanders to my Mechanicum and was wondering.
>>
>>54212310
>Doombreed appears
>People are brought to compliance in a fashion that is dark, but not quite grim
>Horus gets upset
>Horus also fails to pull off "Warmaster," a look that his first captain Abbadon would later make famous
>>
File: Warmaster.jpg (76KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
Warmaster.jpg
76KB, 640x429px
>>54212397
>Horus also fails to pull off "Warmaster," a look that his first captain Abbadon would later make famous
My apologies, forgot my pic. Spoilered for important spoilers.
>>
File: Emperor_VS_Horus.jpg (504KB, 1600x1169px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_VS_Horus.jpg
504KB, 1600x1169px
>>54212310
Give it a listen yourself.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p2615292p8amo3y/Dark_Compliance.mp3

Link will be up for 1 hour more or less.
>>
File: IMG_2984.jpg (947KB, 2514x1826px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2984.jpg
947KB, 2514x1826px
Just about done with my Xiphon
>>
>>54212259
Oh god, its john french
>>
>>54212634
You mean one of the best authors in 40K fiction?
>>
>>54212498
Thanks a lot!

Any guesses when they'll release a transcript of this?
>>
>>54212650
You mean Bligh's replacement?
>>
File: 20170708_011608.jpg (234KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
20170708_011608.jpg
234KB, 1328x747px
WIP thread died and /tg/ keeps timing out when I try to make it for some reason.
>>
>>54212887
Why do you need a transcript? It will be released at some point in one of those HH collection books.
>>
>>54201458
Kit bashing a templar bretheren squad, using mkIII & IV and Black Templars bits. The odd mkVI part is going to be used too.

I'm mostly doing this for fun, my main army is DG and IW.
>>
>>54213217
I prefer reading.
>>
>>54212397
>>54212410
What do you mean he failed to pull off the Warmaster look? Big guy, lots of tubes, the claw, black termie armour. He's got everything.
>>
>>54213515
The planet isn't burn with his touch.
>>
>>54213526
>A
It's just a hologram, not an actual planet like the one Abaddon is holding in his Bigger Man form
>B
He's shattering a fucking hologram

BL covers get progressively sillier and sillier.
>>
>>54213547
Where's that supposed to be? The Moon?
>>
File: 1499076554891.jpg (109KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499076554891.jpg
109KB, 1080x1080px
Sister of battle,of silence and assassins body from jaq draco and other novels are covered in tatooes,does will they look something like this? There is any official artwork?
>>
>>54213656
Nah, better I'd say.
More Aquilas, more skulls. I don't know what words they could tattoo. Where does the Custodian precept of "Only in death does duty end" come from? I think it's not the Principia Belicosa
What is her groin saying anyway?
>>
>>54212498
Hurry someone spoiler that shit.
>>
>>54213656
More of this girl?
>>
File: Lukas_Chrom.jpg (135KB, 525x1081px) Image search: [Google]
Lukas_Chrom.jpg
135KB, 525x1081px
Where is his head? God damn Mechanicum
>>
>>54213656
>>54213691
>>54214271
MOAR.
>>
File: chainsword face loyalists.jpg (465KB, 1000x1430px) Image search: [Google]
chainsword face loyalists.jpg
465KB, 1000x1430px
>>54214430
It's literally there. He's even got legs, you know how many Magi don't have those? He's a total vanilla.
>>
>>54214430
It's there, he's evidently dedicated to the mechanical gainz and is now not exactly humanoid in joint layout.

I do like him, the Kaban Machine is exactly the kind of bullshit OP personal project I imagine every damn Magos on Mars is unleashing at this point. Wouldn't exactly be much room for conventional infantry in that hellstorm, wasn't there a bit where Sigismund takes a bunch of IFists there to help, sees the fact that Ordinatii and nuclear missiles and data-daemons are flying around everywhere and just goes "Nope, we are SO FUCKED if we attempt to charge into that, grab some gear and go lads".
>>
>>54213626
What other battles feature DG and IF?
>>
>>54205339
Hey /hhg/, one last post before I get settled in for a fluff writing groove!

Which name do you like better:
>Golden Spiders
>Golden Sons
>Golden Suns
>Golden Weavers

Thanks for your help! Your advice has really helped me clarify the Legion!
>>
>>54215887
My vote is for Fortunate Sons.
>>
>>54215957
>IT AINT ME
>IT AINT ME
>I AINT NO EMPEROR'S SON NO
But for me that's also a good pick, my man.
>>
>>54212650
He hates the IW
>>
>>54216361
As everyone should. Based French.
>>
File: Yes.png (131KB, 315x263px) Image search: [Google]
Yes.png
131KB, 315x263px
>>54216666
Quads confirm.
>>
File: 145684567965.jpg (34KB, 354x503px) Image search: [Google]
145684567965.jpg
34KB, 354x503px
>>54216688
>>54216666
IW BTFO
>>
File: 1486832510480.gif (610KB, 360x301px) Image search: [Google]
1486832510480.gif
610KB, 360x301px
>>54216666
DELET THIS
>>
>>54201790
the entire thing felt kinda off to me.

the "we aren't the emprahs slaves" objections were kinda odd since the Emperor is their Omnissiah, and any who didn't agree with that joined Kelbor Hal on Mars. Also what exactly was the idea behind marching a Titant into the Imperial Senate? Why would anyone accept being blackmailed into creating an Adeptus.
>>
>>54212259
>>54212498
Why didn't Horus just Exterminatus the planet after winning the void war? He made an incredibly costly ground invasion for no reason.

Also there's another example of loyalist skitarii. "traitors only" posters BTFO.
>>
>>54217439
The kind of explain the Titan walking to the gates.

It was a show of force stating they will not back down and demanded a settlement once and for all. It also showed a ticking clock and the arrival of it being a weapon of intimidation
>>
what is HHG's consensus on aquilon terminators ? I'm going to buy a few of them and would like to know if they are any good on the table
>>
>>54219000
They have access to one of the custodes' few genuine horde clearers, so if there are any militia levy players in your local scene it might be worth grabbing a few with firepikes.
>>
File: horus_vs_emperor.jpg (45KB, 606x481px) Image search: [Google]
horus_vs_emperor.jpg
45KB, 606x481px
>>54217770
A) You can't just exterminatus Terra. It's kind of an important world to the species. Look what happened to the last great race that destroyed their homeworld, now they're just wandering space-amish too afraid to make babies.

B) The giant titan would have attacked the ships if they got too close.
>>
>>54219487
I thought the world in question is a Mechanicum world, not Terra.
>>
>>54214463
Jill Hardener, says google.
>>
>>54219487
The question was about Accazzar-Beta but Terra applies too. If Terra, the Emperor, and the Golden Throne are destroyed then Chaos wins. The Word Bearers should have immediately launched cyclonic torpedoes into Terra the second they got the chance, regardless if the Warmaster wanted it or not.
>>
>>54219401
Is it just me or do they seems kinda underpowered, swinging at i1 and having a two-shot heavy bolter for 75pts a piece
>>
>>54219000
Here's what you do with them. Equip them with firepikes and gauntlets and deepstrike where needed. Their job is clearing out or crippling anything too numerous for your beatsticks to handle in a turn or two on their own. Stay away from melee unless you can make an important play fisting something important to death.
Don't deploy them regularly and never use their other gear options, these roles can be handled better by other options for less.
>>
>>54219754
But then how would they have built a great temple to chaos on Terra? I thought the word bearers didn't just want chaos to win, they wanted to convert the galaxy to its worship.
>>
>>54219830
the lastrum stormbolter is kinda shit, since the t-test won't really impress any multiwound model. The adrathic is better, but the real star is the infernum firepike, which helps a lot with one of the custards' main problems: mass infantry.
As for the I1, that is a lot less punishing when you're a T5 W2 2+/4++ guy, and that S10 AP1 MC makes anything wary of straying in punching range.
>>
>>54219754
He answers this in one of the short stories or audio dramas.

It's not enough to just bomb the Imperial Palace from orbit and be done with it (and he can't exterminatus Terra because it is still the capital world of the Imperium and he still intends to rule from it), he has to defeat the Emperor in combat so he crushes all possible dissent both inside and outside the ranks and proves he's worth the throne
>>
>>54220090
I pray everyday that they'll get rules in 8th so I can play them, there's no one that play 30k around
>>
>>54219754
And who's supposed to power the astronomican if they destroy terra ? If it fall down then all warp travel become extremely unreliable
>>
>>54220280
Pretty flimsy reason, honestly, he's already been crushing dissent pretty brutally, and going down to fight an extremely risky ground war against the greatest psyker in the galaxy and hoping you can win rather than just Ordo Reductoring them bastard just makes you look like an idiot. You could say he needed the Astronomicon or something, I guess.

>>54219000

VERY meta-specific. Marines don't give a fuck, Mechanicum gives only a small one because Adsecs have a 4+ save, but militia are so hilariously fucked it's unreal. Speaking as someone who DOES rely on blobs to hold back Custodes they scare the hell out of me.
>>
>>54220280
>he has to defeat the Emperor in combat so he crushes all possible dissent both inside and outside the ranks and proves he's worth the throne
I hate this excuse. As if defeating the loyalist legions and killing the Emperor isn't enough by itself. Horus has to kill his father with his own hands for it to count. The fact that such powerful weapons exist but aren't used makes everyone seem like retards. They always have to come up with some dumb justification.

>why didn't you exterminatus Isstvan V?
>ummm... we needed the bodies to be super sure!
Ferrus confirmed moron.

>why didn't you exterminatus the Iron Cage?
>ummm... we need to prove ourselves
Dorn confirmed moron.

Planetary sieges are super dumb in the 40k universe since it's so easy to scour all life from planets.
>they need the planet intact because of X
Half of the worlds this occurs on are barren rocks.
>>
>>54220539
If I play these against daemons and tau how would they fare ?
>>
>>54220539
It's explained better in the book (nemesis, now that I recall it)

Basically if he just bombs the palace from orbit or assassinates the Emperor then one of his brothers will not fail to grasp the chance of accusing him of being weak and cowardly because he didn't dare face the emperor and will launch a coup.

Not to mention, even if Terra falls he's still got two or three Segmentums to conquer, and having the emperor fall by his hands is a much bigger propaganda victory than bombing him to dust.

>>54220588
Eh, Isstvan V and the iron cage make sense because

>ferrus was angry and wanted to kill fulgrim in hand to hand
>dorn wanted the same with perturabo
>>
>>54220605
30k and 40k armies don't really mesh well in general. Tau will laugh you out of the room and daemons are going to have bigger worries than a few torrent flamers when facing custodes.
>>
>>54220588
wow, its almost as though the Horus Heresy is focused more on arthurian style legend than realism, imagine that!
>>
>>54220588
Pretty much. There's a few worlds that would legitimately be a big loss - Forge Worlds and all their lore, mostly, and cities of learning like Tizca - but mostly you can just Alien the bastards and be done with it, and they wound up destroying Tizca anyway even if they didn't Exterminatus Prospero. I'm not a SW or 1kSons player, don't really go for the egyptian aesthetic much, but the Space Wolves are worst legion to me just for that. That sounds like it was Space Oxbridge, where you got all the best and brightest, and the city was gorgeous. I would so live/study there, especially compared to the rest of the Imperium. Also, Biomancy. Best healthcare!

>>54220605

Daemons will pretty much bounce off Custodes anyway, but I imagine they'd do just fine at shredding Lessers.
Tau, eh. I guess they'll bully their nonexistent infantry.
>>
>>54220663
>then one of his brothers will not fail to grasp the chance of accusing him of being weak and cowardly because he didn't dare face the emperor and will launch a coup
His brothers are basically all literal daemons, insane, or Alpharius. They're going to fuck him over no matter what he does. The only loyal Primarch Horus had left at the Siege was Perturabo.

>ferrus was angry and wanted to kill fulgrim in hand to hand
>dorn wanted the same with perturabo
And they're both retarded failures for it.
>>
>>54220588
Why would the loyalists exterminatus Isstvan V when they weren't even certain why the stuff at Isstvan III happened? They assumed Horus was being an angsty teen that wanted to rebel and carve out his own galactic empire, and all he needed was a slap on the wrist (in the form of a show of military dominance). After the dropsite massacre happened it was too late to exterminatus since their fleets were busy being wrecked.
>>
>>54220588
My headcannon is that they can't exterminatus the world either because of ground defences or threat of the ennemy fleet, the cyclonical torpedoes would be blown up by grounded macro-cannons and the heretic fleet would sweep in and wreak havoc amongst the loyalist fleet should they try to exterminatus the iron cage or istvaan V
>>
>>54220735
I don't care about unrealism (this is Warhammer after all) as long as the setting is internally consistent and plays by its own rules. Don't establish things then contradict and ignore them.

>>54220809
>and all he needed was a slap on the wrist
The Black Books make it clear that the goal of Isstvan V was to wipe out the traitors and their legions. It wasn't a scolding it was an execution.
>>
>>54220795
They're going to think twice about fucking him over once they see that he rekt the emperor one on one
>>54220809
That's index astartes lore.

New lore, Ferrus' orders were clear: bring Horus in chains back to Terra, execute the rest. there was no mercy offered and no mercy taken there
>>
>>54220874
I'd say it is consistent, space marines are often protrayed as being more obsessed with honour over practicality, it's the same here.
>>
>>54221025
*portrayed even fuck.

>>54220882
and thats not the new lore, stop pulling stuff out of your arse
>>
>>54221054
>and thats not the new lore, stop pulling stuff out of your arse

It literally is.

In both BL and FW it isn't a slap on the wrist (don't even know where you got that from) but a war of annihilation, else why send 7 legions to do the job?
>>
>>54221102
I meant the bit about bringing back Horus, the kill order was for him too.
>>
>>54221144
Oh, that's from the outcast dead (I know, I know, but still canon as far as I know, plus it's not like Emps would just kill his favourite son like that, he'd want an explanation first) where they're building a special cell meant for Horus in Khangba Marwu
>>
>>54221188
Massacre states:
> Rogal Dorn's orders to the Isstvan taskforce were explicit and offered no room for compromise: the rebels would pay with their lives; there would be no mercy for the traitor, and the corpses of Horus, once Warmaster, and his turncoat Primarchs would stand as proof that the Emperor's justice had been done
>>
>>54221413
Well, shoot. Looks like FW and BL can't agree on stuff like this
>>
>>54220517
I thought chaos vessels travelled using witchery. That chaos knew their own, especially Abaddon's own. Or do they need Geller fields as well?
At Calth the WBs disrupted radio communication using the warp, but they never experienced communication issues themselves.
>>
>>54221454
Chaos fleets used witchery, but it's not like the entire Imperium was going to upgrade to witchery in a day.

Take out the astronomican and you basically wreck the Imperium, which isn't what Horus wants
>>
>>54221454
Wasn't there a short story where a loyalist ship send a chaos ship in the warp without gellar field, and as soon as they get in they're eaten by daemons
>>
>>54221545
In Deliverence Lost a Word Bearers ship gets bumped into the warp without their shields. They all get ripped apart by daemons pretty much instantly. They still need Gellar shields but he's right that traitor ships didn't need the Adtronomicon.
>>
>>54221736
>>54221491's point is still valid though ?
>>
>>54221491
>it's not like the entire Imperium was going to upgrade to witchery in a day.
Why not? The entire DG legion was upgraded to Plague marines in a single trip.
>>
>>54221822
The entire DG legion's ships were at that point, what, like 400 ships max?

Now imagine all those merchant, Imperial, basilikon astra, rogue traders etc. ships that would be stranded if the astronomican suddenly went out.

Horus wouldn't have an Imperium to rule over
>>
>>54221795
Maybe for Horus but even then it's debatable since sorcerers exist. The more fanatical legions like the Word Bearers would want the Astronomican destroyed since it's the only thing holding Chaos back.
>>
>>54220831
I now realise that I doesn't make much sense, the loyalist fleet was in superior numbers (before the whole betrayal happened at least) and they didn't set up macrocannons batteries around istvaan V, so the whole "charge across the urgall depression" is definitely dumb
>>
>>54222017
IIRC they did bomb them conventional style but due to the defenses that Fulgrim built it was pretty useless but any anon that has the book is free to correct me
>>
I don't suppose anyone considered that Dorn might have somehow made Terra exterminatus proof during those years he spent fortifying against a fleet he knew had exterminatus tier weapons?
>>
>>54222229
what's stopping them from launching cyclonic torpedoes at the other side of the planet then ?
>>
>>54222343
does this >>54220831 apply ?
>>
>>54222362
Either Horus had some defenses or they just didn't have cyclonic torpedoes (four legions just went rogue (five if counting TS), you really gonna hand out exterminatus weapons to the rest?)
>>
>>54222343
Cyclonic torpedoes deliver enough energy to tear planets in half. No amount of walls can stop that.

>>54222395
They wouldn't need handing out. The legions already had them.
>>
>>54222395
why not throwing the whole "mass assault" tactics at one of those defenses, instead of charging at the dug-in, well-prepared traitors ?
also they definitely had cyclonic torpedoes, you think Ferrus or Vulkan would give up any weapons that had a chance at destroying the traitors just because Dorn asked nicely ?
>>
>>54221025
If it's considered dishonorabru to kill your enemies with explosives from afar then why did every legion use artillery?
>>
>>54222615
Necessity.
>>
>>54222643
It's not necessary, just convenient and saves the lives of troops who would have to do the killing otherwise. The exact same is true of orbital bombardment.
>>
>>54222684
The Astartes are honorable to a point. If they can kill them in pure combat, they'll do it, but if it's too costly they won't hesitate to break out the phosphex
>>
>>54222717
>honorable to a point
>use destroyers, moritats, rads, phosphex and mass artillery on a daily basis
pick one
>>
>>54222717
>but if it's too costly
Like losing thousands upon thousands of Astartes and war machines invading a planet when firebombing the surface would achieve the same effect? Obviously compliance is different because you want the world after but there's no reason to be gentle when your enemy has dug into EmptyDustball#23985.
>>
>>54222773
>use destroyers, moritats, rads, phosphex and mass artillery on a daily basis
Depends which legion, of course.
Nobody thinks of (including themselves) the NL, AL, and IW as honorable
>>
>>54222615
It doesn't count if it's xenos, which it WAS for 200 years.
>>
File: Vulkan.jpg (156KB, 736x918px) Image search: [Google]
Vulkan.jpg
156KB, 736x918px
>>54222773
I know which I'd pick.
>>
>>54222826
even if he's my favorite primarch, his stance doesn't really win wars...
>>
>>54222826
>WMDs? ugh, sorry, too inhumane
>proceeds to burn his enemies to death

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>54222866
I'd rather be burnt by neutral fire rather than fire that actively hates me.
>>
>>54222826
Sallies a shit
Day of the Hose when
>>
>>54222953
>It's also a hammer.
>>
>>54222953
>Day of the Hose
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: Mechanicus Coatl WIP (20).jpg (256KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Mechanicus Coatl WIP (20).jpg
256KB, 720x540px
>>54222890
Is Phosphex self-aware or something? I just thought it was a futuristic White Phosphorus, except it burned green. You'd get those ironically cheerful firework explosions, too. Reductor Thallax DO have an excuse to dance after all! Someone tell Coatl he's not a Heretek anymore. Is Coatlanon still around after his barrage of pretty Admech pics ages ago?
>>
>>54223093
Day of the Hose. As in, the fire hose. As in, that puts out the fires of battle and the anvil of war.

What I'm trying to say is, the day we finally kill all the fucking Sallies.
>>
>>54223145
>le ultra edgy "kill all niggers XD" post
consider KYS
>>
>>54223180
>le retard who doesn't know that Sallies aren't black

Go back to redd*t THEN kill yourself.
>>
>>54223109
I belive Phosphex IS "smart" fire, so to speak.
>>
>>54223180
Salamanders aren't even African you cunt
>>
>>54223109
>>54223261
Isn't it just attracted to movement?
>>
>>54223145
I mean, be honest, would you rather meet a sally or n'lord.
>>
>>54223109
No it just seems like it is, it crawls towards whatever's moving.
>>
>>54223145
I mean, that's a bloody powerful hose if it's destroying anvils.
>>
>>54223291
Night Lord. Easily. Not even a contest.
>>
>>54223202
>>54223288
they're only Caucasian because GW pander to white dudes
>>
>>54223316
hope you enjoy having your skin ripped off from your flesh
>>
>>54223355
What's your point?
>>
>>54223355
>muh wacism

Or because an entire chapter of blacks is ridiculous
>>
>>54223395
Not any more ridiculous than a legion of Mongolians.
>>
>>54223355
Not taking the bait.

>>54223369
Maybe I do, what then?
>>
File: plagueburst-crawler.jpg (119KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
plagueburst-crawler.jpg
119KB, 1200x750px
As a DG player I wonder if we had a vehicle like this new fucker here during the heresy. It's kinda like a mix between a griffon and a medusa...
>>
>>54223369
I wouldn't doubt it if I were you.
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 185x273px
>>54223395
as is having a chapter solely composed of whites caucasians when they recruit from an entire planet ?
also pic related is just as ridiculous then
>>
>>54223429
weird mutant minotaur maybe?
>>
>>54223384
GW created the Tau just for the weebs, imagine what they would do if africa and asia got into the market
>>
>>54223535
Bingo, that's it! It looks like the top part of the Minotaur just up and left.
Nice catch.
>>
>>54223429
AV13/11/11 BS4
Type: Tank, Open-Topped, Heavy
Armaments: medusa siege mortar, 2x lascannon
>>
>>54223429
Gonna plunder that for my IW, provided it's not too encrusted with nurgle shit. A open siege vehicle is always nice to have.
>>
>>54223469
But we don't have entire chapters composed of whiteys.

Even Space Wolves, who're Space Vikings, have some dark skinned marines
>>
>>54223764
To be fair, like 98% of marines portrayed besides the White Scars and Thousand Sons are white. The Warhammer universe is disproportionately English.
>>
>>54223600
>AV13/11/11 BS4
>Type: Tank, Open-Topped, Heavy
But anon, vehicles don't work like that anymore :^)
>>
File: FS Scout.png (18KB, 141x251px) Image search: [Google]
FS Scout.png
18KB, 141x251px
>>54223764
>>54223830
Knock that mess off.
>>
>>54223395
It's funny, because the Codex Armageddon page that started all this contains exactly as many black Salamanders as white Salamanders.

>>54223558
>imagine what they would do if africa... got into the market
Paratroopers.
>>
File: space shuttle door gunner.png (534KB, 758x575px) Image search: [Google]
space shuttle door gunner.png
534KB, 758x575px
>>54203282
Fortunate Sons.
>Anyone who runs is a heretic! Anyone who stands still is a well-disciplined heretic!
>>
File: ork deffkopta.jpg (115KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
ork deffkopta.jpg
115KB, 960x717px
>>54223558
>africa
Ork tech already takes care of that niche.
>>
The Horus Heresy would have been better if the Primarchs were just brilliant Astartes generals. Their reputation as demigods in 40k is just their exploits being exaggerated over 10,000 years. Debate me.
>>
>>54212259
So this is really fucking good? The audio effects are really well done and I love more warship/fighter engagements.

Also the Night Lords ribbing the SoH in space is so good.
>>
>>54217770
Bit late to the party but wasn't it clear that he was sending a message? Exterminatus is a mercy compared to unleashing daemons
>>
Thinking of picking up two Storm Eagles, what is your preferred loadout for them?

I'm thinking of lascannons on both with heavy bolters but the Multimelta seems decent too. I can't decide.
>>
File: 100_1355.jpg (265KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
100_1355.jpg
265KB, 1280x960px
Pimus medicae with a paintball gun and some bits that need more paint
>>
File: 1497399194383.jpg (35KB, 400x438px) Image search: [Google]
1497399194383.jpg
35KB, 400x438px
Bump.
>>
File: file.png (27KB, 107x143px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
27KB, 107x143px
>>54225526
Don't just bump with an irrelevant fucking photo you mong, either add something to the discussion, even if it's a shitty meme or let it rot
>>
How old was Malcador?
>>
>>54225744
Like 300-400 at least, maybe more.

I like the theory that he's emp's last surviving born son, explains why he's so chummy with him and why he treats the primarchs like brats
>>
File: Happy now.png (177KB, 400x438px) Image search: [Google]
Happy now.png
177KB, 400x438px
>>54225686
Calm down.
>>54225744
Probably a couple thousand.
>>
>>54225686
>Angron's face when autistic belly headcanons
>>
File: Abo rape ritual.png (197KB, 617x1404px) Image search: [Google]
Abo rape ritual.png
197KB, 617x1404px
>>54225837
That was one of the most disturbing things I've read all night and even after two years of knowing you exist I still won't get used to you.
>>
>>54225868
That... has nothing to do with what I was talking about. But it's fascinating.
>>
>>54225974
I tried to find something that would be edgy to you.
>>
>>54225868
Source of this?
>>
>>54226044
http://psychohistory.com/books/the-origins-of-war-in-child-abuse/chapter-7-child-abuse-homicide-and-raids-in-tribes/
Enjoy.
>>
Bought a Tartaros Terminator squad just now.

Is the loadout of a Plasma Blaster and power weapon, 2 powerfists, and 2 pairs of lightning claws an efficient setup?
>>
>>54223109
Wohoo, he's not a heretek anymore!
>Is Coatlanon still around after his barrage of pretty Admech pics ages ago?
I thought (You) were Cóatlanon?
>>
File: Imperial Commander Dorn.jpg (909KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Commander Dorn.jpg
909KB, 1536x2048px
>>54224376
Oh but I agree with you. Went from Ender-tier Generals to Legionfathers to Handsome Smart Magic Ogryns.
>>
File: Volkite & Claw VS Double Claw.png (28KB, 684x802px) Image search: [Google]
Volkite & Claw VS Double Claw.png
28KB, 684x802px
>>54227170
>2 pairs of lightning claws
Only in 40k, where non-fist non-axe weapons aren't useless against terminators.
I mean, if efficiency is what you're going after, a lightning claw + volkite simply kill more.
>>
>>54227548
Where is it stated that Dorn isn't a 10 ft smart magic ogryn (even though I agree with you that it's stupid)?

Also
>yonnad

That's nice
>>
>>54227589
I heard they used to be regular men that got enhanced back in the day. That they knew how to be human, instead of "I was born like that".
>>
>>54227575
Honestly I'd rather not take Volkite and Claw combos since it seems kind of meta. I just want something functional that can be a good unit blender and protect itself versus Dreads or vehicles (and can also be used for 40k).

My Cataphractii squad is loaded out with 2 chainfists, 2 powerfists, a reaper autocannon, and a power weapon; should I just do something similar for the Tartaros then?
>>
>>54227170
I like single lightning claws, and a couple of chainfists are very worthwhile.
>>
>>54227698
Hmmm...I could do this too. Just count the single claws as fists in 40k.
>>
>>54224376
Yeah. I also don't need them to be 12ft tall monsters. Leave size=power to the orks.
>>
File: Rogal_Dorn_Imperial_Fists color.jpg (242KB, 1080x1503px) Image search: [Google]
Rogal_Dorn_Imperial_Fists color.jpg
242KB, 1080x1503px
>>54227743
Their size changes depending on the picture, but what would it be a good size for them?
A) A head taller than their marines, like this pic of Dorn
B) Tall enough they couldn't possibly hide behind their guard, like the picture of the Lion
C) Imperium Secundus Imperial Kaiju
>>
File: Lion_El'Jonson.jpg (204KB, 491x834px) Image search: [Google]
Lion_El'Jonson.jpg
204KB, 491x834px
>>54227886
>>
File: Imperium Secundus.jpg (864KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Imperium Secundus.jpg
864KB, 2560x1440px
>>54227886
>>
>>54227886
A) works best on the average. Large but not absurdly so. At 12' tall they can't use standard doorways and hit their heads on many ceilings.
>>
>>54205972

Pretty much this.

I'm waiting for all the legions to get rules... since book 1.

Buckle up- the wait is almost over.
>>
File: file.png (506KB, 435x547px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
506KB, 435x547px
>>54227886
>>54227900
>>54227917
They're the same size throughout

First of all, that's the Lion in front of Luther, who's just augmented and is explicitly described as a manlet.

Dorn is indeed a head taller than a marine, but when you recall that humans come up to the chest of marines, you realize that they would indeed come up to primarch's waists, as seen on the IS pic.

QED
>>
File: GS3Art2Content.jpg (810KB, 1000x703px) Image search: [Google]
GS3Art2Content.jpg
810KB, 1000x703px
>>54227886
>You are now imagining Primarchs in Titans fighting each other like Jaegers

Honestly I like the head and shoulders taller bit. Makes them massive but non grossly so like some art. I'm cool with 7.5-8 ft tall Marines so Primarchs STOP at 19.5-10 ft max. Shit, even the Emperor seems absurd at 12 ft tall and that's the highest he should go; I'm 6'3" and I cant even fathom someone twice that size.
>>
>>54227917
>"Well, I didn't vote for him"

t. The WSs, SW and DA in that picture
>>
>>54227951
Not 19.5-10.

9.5-10. Shit.
>>
File: Guilliman on Luna vs Magnus.jpg (4MB, 2347x1646px) Image search: [Google]
Guilliman on Luna vs Magnus.jpg
4MB, 2347x1646px
>>54227946
Oh that's Luther? Didn't know he looked like that: grabbed that pic from the wiki, you see. Kinda missed that very important detail, instead said "Loyal marine ;^)"
>>54227974
>Primarchs STOP at 19.5-10 ft max.
>at 19f.5t
Attack on Primarch :^)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj-edq36_gk
For the record, daemon Magnus apparently is as big as a damn Knight. And he can use a bigger form or something like that?
>>
File: file.png (124KB, 193x276px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
124KB, 193x276px
>>54228074
01000110 01010101 01000011 01001011 01001001 01001110 01000111 00100000 01001110 01001111 01010010 01001101 01001001 01000101 01010011 00100000 01010010 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101 01000101
>>
>>54227951
>>You are now imagining Primarchs in Titans fighting each other like Jaegers
Make each Titan look like a giant version of their Primarch and I'll buy it.

>tfw Dorn's mech has giant metal sideburns that conceal missile launchers
>>
File: image.jpg (232KB, 1024x1393px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
232KB, 1024x1393px
>>54227951
What's Celestine doing now that 100 years has pasted and the Indomitus Crusade is over. Kinda curious. Wouldn't mind a book on her and her further adventures. Might get more interest in SoB.
>>
>>54228611
She's like the Sanguinor isn't she? She appears to fight daemons and when they're vanquished, you look back and she's gone.
Those guys are like Batman or something.
>>
>>54227953
You don't vote for Primarchs.
>>
>>54227917
I bet some of the astartes are randomly firing their bolters into the sky.
>>
File: 1498306613574.jpg (183KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
1498306613574.jpg
183KB, 501x585px
>>54225686
>>54225814
Well played.
>>
maybe it's super-racist of me but why did no one point out to Curzefag that if any legion was going to have a disproportionate amount of darkies, it'd be the Night Lords? It is space detroit after all.
>>
>>54230006
Aren't Nostramans canonically really pale?
>>
>>54230045
Yeah, they live on a world of perpetual darkness so can't get a tan. Which presumably means the entire night lords legion has rickets. Maybe that's why they're such shit warriors.
>>
File: 1497534895424.png (1MB, 783x798px) Image search: [Google]
1497534895424.png
1MB, 783x798px
Which of the HH books contain background about the Mechanicum?
>>
>>54230139
Mechanicum
>>
File: UQrt4f9lTdk.jpg (20KB, 301x301px) Image search: [Google]
UQrt4f9lTdk.jpg
20KB, 301x301px
>only models that get posted on /hhg/ are IW and DG which are piss easy to paint

really makes you think
>>
>>54230216
Pigeon girl? Wouldn't mind plowing that

DESU Im pretty shit at painting and I havent posted a picture of my SoH in forever
>>
>>54230216
Except we also had Custodes and WE in the first couple of posts as well as IF, TS, SW and Mechanicum over the course of the thread.
But, hey, don't let the facts stop you from shitposting.
>>
>>54230216
None of the DGfags post anymore

The general is pretty much dead
>>
>>54223830
Marines are stereotyped on warrior cultures. Africans have no such thing.
>>
>>54230175
I ment the FW books.
>>
>>54230313

What are the Zulus?
>>
>>54230334
Waaagh Zulu is neatly covered by Orks.
>>
File: IMG_2983.jpg (937KB, 2549x1795px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2983.jpg
937KB, 2549x1795px
>>54230216
You really gonna make me post my Custodes and IF that people are tired of?
>>
File: P_20170424_190126.jpg (2MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
P_20170424_190126.jpg
2MB, 4096x2304px
>>54230216
gr8 b8
>>
>>54229497
And you don't vote for Imperator Regis either.
>>
>>54230508
Who?
>>
File: IMG_2610.jpg (40KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2610.jpg
40KB, 480x480px
So for my Custodes I'm genuinely curious about something.

What's the better option: 1 Caladius Iliastus Accelerator Cannon/2 Caladius Heavy Arachnus Blaze Cannon

Or

1 Caladius Heavy Arachnus Blaze Cannon/ 2 Caladius Iliastus Accelerator Cannon
>>
>>54230582
Using three Caladii is cancer either way, so just do whatever you feel like.
>>
>>54230582
>three caladius
I wish I could hate you bald.
>>
>>54230732
>>54230724
Would you prefer I use a Telemon instead of one of them?
>>
>>54223423
Curzefag, you give me the weirdest boners. Have a meme.
>>
File: test model.png (7MB, 3000x1893px) Image search: [Google]
test model.png
7MB, 3000x1893px
>>54201458

just finished up a test model for my BA tac squad
>>
>>54230554
Sanguinius, for all of two months. Or however long the Macragge Heresy lasted.
>>
>>54230890
Looks good, Blood-son.
>>
>>54230741
I'd prefer if you people actually played custodes instead of spamming gravtanks, dreads and bikes.
>>
>>54231313
Cry more. Maybe he likes the vehicles.
>>
>>54231313
Well, maybe he just decided the army of T5 W2 Terminators with S6 AP2 I5 weapons and free Deep Strike wasn't good enough and needed to be backed with Leviathans and Sicarans with buffed guns, stats and Flare Shields, anon. It's like a giant golden pile of the most boring Marine PoTL cheese at 150% capacity, with no taxes whatsoever.
>>
>>54231493
>Well, maybe he just decided the army of T4 3+ Supermen with S8 AP2 I1 weapons and Deep Strike wasn't good enough and needed to be backed with Leviathans and Sicarans, anon. It's like a giant golden pile of the most boring Vets in Dracosans cheese at 150% capacity, with no taxes whatsoever.
>>
>>54231575
Distinctly not the same thing, anon, not least because the Marine units aren't all self-contained mini-deathstars that all need to be killed the turn they drop in, after the tanks and bikes have had one or two turns to shred anything that could do it effectively. S10 AP2 is considerably harder to get en masse than S6 AP3.

Not saying Marine lists like that ARENT cheesy and annoying to fight, but they're considerably less so because they aren't entirely constructed of what would be extremely strong elite troops to any other faction, since there's a distinct reason that Mechanicum and Legions have Troops taxes. Vets die like normal Tacticals.
>>
Argue in the New Bread, anons.
Golden Spiders confirmed for Legion #2 by dint of dice.

>>54231770
>>54231770
>>54231770
>>
>>54230216
>white
>hazard stripes
>easier than flat red, black, blue or grey power armour
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.