[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tic Tac Toe is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

I spend this morning unraveling the mysteries and secrets of Tic Tac Toe, when I ended in the conclusion that this game is shit. The only way of wining is being the first to play and always doing the same strategy, and if you play second and have the correct number of chromosomes, it's really easy to end this game in a draw if the other guy doesn't know the strategy.

So here's my question, Anons: do you know a way to enjoy this pile of shit of a game? Any extra rules to make this shit be a decent game.
>>
>>54199893
Welcome to Grade 8.

Make it more interesting by expanding the grid to 4x4 instead of 3x3.
>>
>>54199893

It's a solved game and neither side can force a win.

One variant I like is two flip two coins each move. If it's a head and a tail move as normal, if it's two tails you have to make a mark for your opponent, if it's two heads you erase a mark, one of your opponents if possible but if they don't have any you have to suicide one. It's not great but between the randomness and the inability to perceive future opportunities it's at least a little better.

Reverse tic-tac-toe where you have to play but the goal is to force your opponent to win isn't much better, but at least the strats aren't as obvious.

Ultimate Tic Tac Toe is a much more interesting game, AFAIK remains unsolved, but is pushing the upper limit for how far a game can go before it stops being tic tac toe to begin with.

https://mathwithbaddrawings.com/ultimate-tic-tac-toe-original-post/
>>
https://xkcd.com/832/
>>
>>54200020
Ultimate Tic Tac Toe looks like a blast, cheers anon.
>>
>>54199893
One that I play is that you 3 pieces and the must be placed in that order. Once all the pieces are down you got to move your first piece to a new spot.
>>
File: Tic-Tac-Toe-Oh-Fuck.png (21KB, 895x647px) Image search: [Google]
Tic-Tac-Toe-Oh-Fuck.png
21KB, 895x647px
I found a variant a couple of weeks ago that looked quite interesting. Never bothered to play it yet, though.

The way it works is like in the pic. You start in the centre of the board. First player places his mark. The second player than has to play to the corresponding board on the larger grid. In the pic, X goes first. He places his mark in the centre square. O then has to place a mark in the centre box again (in the top right). X then goes again and has to place a mark in the top right larger grid.

The goal is to score three in a row of the larger grids.

Could be a fun variant.
>>
>>54204812
I used to play this in school, it kind of takes some time to get going but overall it's pretty great.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.