[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working eTools installer or PNG-monster roller.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: etools.jpg (46KB, 699x420px) Image search: [Google]
etools.jpg
46KB, 699x420px
I'm in dire need of a PNG generator to make the henchmens "in bulk" without wasting time on guys going to be killed in a handful of turns, probably en masse.
I remember to have used the eTools years ago to print beforehand lots of PNG/Monsters and printed them to use during the sessions, but yesterday I tried to start the program and it just crashes whenever I try to roll a PNG/Monster.
So, there is a working installer of this program with the expansions to get (it was abandonware for a decade, I suppose is not infringement of anything to ask) anywhere on the internet?
If not, another png-monster generator that is capable to roll them randomly? PcGen is good but it needs to do everything by hand.
>>
Up, I need the option to mass-random-roll minions and cannon fodder.
>>
Up again, I really need that stuff, otherwise it takes too long.
>>
I had forgot about this shit. Don't know why I used it so little.
>>
>>54198094
>PNG generator to make the henchmens "in bulk" without wasting time on guys going to be killed in a handful of turns, probably en masse.

Do you mean picture tokens? Or do you mean statblocks? or what exactly?
>>
>>54201414
Statblocks with some variance, like not everyone with same weapons or spells...a thing I could tell it the needed level, race and class and it spew me out someting I could paste in .txt and just do a summary fix.
Possibily a thing that gives level/advancements to monsters because I'm starting a gestalt campaign with 4 players, so it's going to be very high powered and at lvl 10 I'm going to pitch them against two Ogre-magi twins with 5 Sorcerer levels, both going to polymorph at some point, one in a treant with a mace and the other in a 12-headed pyrohidra, and they still, at least by my tests, going to survive at least 75% of the times.
Hand crafting the boss and sub-bosses is fine and funny for me, but doing the tuning up for every minion is a pain in the ass, while on the other hand throwing them just sheer numbers of standard-level minioons is not fun and they could swat them in a hit or two anyway.
Clear enough?
>>
>>54202597
So you want your faceless minions to not be faceless minions? That's never gonna be done by statblocks, or even palette swaps, or weapon swaps, it's done by tactics and behavior and personality.

If you give one group of minions and train them in ambush tactics where they lie in wait until the party passes by and then leap on down to surround the rear of the party from some ledge, it's a completely different encounter than if you make your minions sit at the end of a long hallway filled with traps and obstacles, with cover and ballistas.

It's completely different from suicidal brainwashed minions, who attack en masse with no self preservation.

It's a completely different encounter if some group of minions are mistreated and are willing to surrender almost immediately just to stay alive, or are willing to even give secrets about the place in exchange for freedom and their lives.
>>
>>54202841
Well I see your point and yes it's the thing I usually do giving them tactics and flavour, but doing each one with weapon swap and talents and shit is time consuming as fuck.
So in the past (when my copy of e-tools worked) I made hundreds of them, pasted into a doc with a layout containing 4 or 5 of them on each page (2 for spellcasters and list) and stapled them into a big block from i ripped off the needed ones just before an encounter placing them between me and the DM screen and keeping track of their HP, spells and stuff directly on the paper piece.
It was very practical but now the e-tools exe just spits back errors over errors and cannot find probably due to missing files or whatever.
Then I need a new installer and possibly the updates for the other sourcebooks and 3.5ed I know that they existed but seems impossible to find on the net.
Anyone has it or knows where to download?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.