[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bringing "weapons" to the table?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 32

>playing a campaign involving us recovering various artifacts
>gm occasionally tries to spice things up by giving us a real-world item as the artifact we recovered (carved statues, fancy masks, weird necklaces, etc.)
>last session, he brought out pic related (a phurba dagger)
>one of the players starts freaking out, calling him insane for bringing weapons to the table
>an argument is started
>it's still fucking going as I type this up

Should he have brought the weapon? Should he not have brought it? He wasn't swinging it around either, just put it on the table and was giving a description of what was happening in-game.
>>
>>54196234
Sounds like a neat dm
>>
>>54196234
People who are afraid of weapons when there is no violent context have something wrong with them either psychologically or neurologically.
>>
>>54196234
If your DM is mentally sound and was not being menacing with it, then the problem is with the player. They may not have spent much time around weapons (for hunting or whatever) in their life, so it might seem like a bigger deal to them than it really is
>>
Your GM sounds neat.

Tell us more about this person who started freaking out over it...is it a woman? I bet its a woman.
>>
>>54196234
>one of the players starts freaking out, calling him insane for bringing weapons to the table
Well, it IS pretty dangerous to bring weapons to the table when mentally unstable cunts like him are around.
>>
>>54196234
DM sounds cool. Tell the player to go be a pansy ass liberal somewhere else.
>>
>>54196331
If they're not they probably think they are.
>>
>>54196234
do you live in some cucked country like england who thinks the weapon will jump off the table and start killing people on it's own?
>>
It's no different from any other prop. A loaded gun would be suspect, but a ceremonial knife is hardly dangerous on its own. The DM is clearly trying to spice things up and the players should be grateful for the gesture. That pic doesn't even look more dangerous than the towel rod in my bathroom.
>>
>>54196234
If my GM brought a rocket launcher to the table it would probably devolve into a conversation about how cool rocket launcher are

Whoever was freaking out sounds like a baby backed bitch.
>>
File: 1490122322281.jpg (20KB, 204x168px) Image search: [Google]
1490122322281.jpg
20KB, 204x168px
>>54196234
It has been decided. That player was a bitch.
>>
This never happened
>>
>>54196234
>Freaking out over a weapon as cool and esoteric as that.

Whoever that bitch is I suggest you write them a letter that uses many mean words.
>>
>>54196331
Yes. She is a co-worker in our office, and gets triggered by a lot of things. Last time was when some of us decided to bring nerf guns in and have some fun (everyone in the office knew, and our supervisor had aside a very specific time for the nerf war to happen so no one would get a surprise dart to the eye while they were working on something important, even brought his kid's guns to give out to people who didn't have any) and she was apparently 'traumatized' by the incident. resulting in a HR ban on the toys.

>>54196363
Nope, USA. In a very liberal state on the east coast, though.
>>
>>54196234
>being scared by a ceremonial ""weapon""
Man, I bet that guy would have a heart attack if he heard about sikhs.
>>
>>54196473
Has every one else at the table told her to shut up yet
>>
>>54196234
Is your DM a kooky old man? He sounds like a kooky old man.
The player sounds like a bitch.

>>54196473
>she was apparently 'traumatized' by the incident. resulting in a HR ban on the toys
Why are you playing with this person?
>>
>>54196473
>and she was apparently 'traumatized' by the incident. resulting in a HR ban on the toys.
Nigga what the fuck, what the hell is wrong with her?
>>
>>54196473
Jesus...

You have my condolences.

Also, this will either end with your DM leaving the group or her leaving the group, there is no coming back from this kind of thing.

Mark my words she will hold s grudge over this.
>>
>>54196234
Your GM needs to kick that tard out.
>>
>>54196618
stand with your DM, politely ask her to leave.
>>
File: It's time to Cheeky up.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
It's time to Cheeky up.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>54196234
>I routinely leave around airsoft pistols, shotguns, helmets, gas masks, vodka bottles and knives when Gm-íng S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and everyone loves it.
Pass to your player, that the internet tells him he's a massive pussy.
>>
>>54196994
I would probably try but likely fail to convince her that her behavior is excessive, and inappropriate, and maybe try to better understand why she's such a sperg. If she can't get a grip, then she's gotta go.
>>
>>54197111
She probably got assaulted when she was young.
>>
Is your state open carry?

If so get a gun. Wear it. Get all the players to do so.
>>
>>54197118
it's more likely that she's just never seen a weapon in her life. she was probably an only child or had no brothers. no relatives that hunt. parents didn't keep guns ect. fear of weapons comes from lack of exposure to them.
>>
>>54197108
I just saw that it's a woman. I'm so sorry OP, but no way to get out of this one clean . It's going to be ugly.
My previous point still stands though.
>>
>>54197118
Ok, but plenty of people I know have had traumatic experiences and are infinitely more reasonable about this shit. I mean, all it takes is politely conveying the exact same message and most anyone would oblige.

>Hey guys, I get really uncomfortable around weapons. Sometimes even toy ones. Could you please put it away for now? It's just really hard for me to relax with it around.

Bam. Not freaking out, being honest about how SHE feels and not making about how the GM is doing something wrong.

In a perfect world I guess.
>>
>>54197138
Nigga I'm in nogunz locks-on-knives bongland and I'd be jizzing in my pants if my DM brought in a weapon prop like that.

Unless a couple trips to the museum and looking at old swords counts as exposure, I think there's something else to her reaction.
>>
>>54196473
>she was apparently 'traumatized' by the incident. resulting in a HR ban on the toys.
Tell her Brianna Wu is a terrible person, and just wait for her to melt into a pile of goo.

Seriously, who the fuck gets triggered over Nerf Guns? My little sister has more stones than this bitch.
>>
>>54197184
>locks-on-knives
...how?
>>
>>54196473
Don't invite her back.
>>
>>54197202
>his knife doesn't have a safety
>>
>>54196343
>Tell the player to go be a pansy ass liberal somewhere else.
Hi. Liberal here. Most of the people I hang out with are liberals, and exactly zero of them would have the slightest issue with somebody bringing that phurba dagger as an artifact prop. Unless some dumbass started carelessly waving it around, anyway. I once almost took a machete in the face because of somebody acting like an idiot, and I'd like not to tempt fate. But under normal circumstances with non-idiots (or in which the idiots weren't allowed to handle the thing without close supervision), I'd be fine with it.
>>
>>54196234
>thinly-veiled "look how retarded this player is" thread

Come the fuck on OP, nobody reasonable is going to object to bringing in stationary props to help spark the imagination. Why even ask this question?
>>
>>54196234
JESUS! Don't you know how dangerous that is? It could go off at any moment!
>>
>>54196618
Seconding this, DM's are fragile, boot her bitch shit off the table.

>>54197111
Doesn't matter what happened to her, it is what it is and you ain't no 200$/hour shrink that's gonna solve her fuckup. Boot her, it's faster and safer for everyone involved, honestly, involving her.
>>
>>54197342
>JESUS! Don't you know how dangerous that is? It could go off at any moment!
What the fuck, man? It's OBVIOUSLY not loaded.
>>
>>54197342
>the phurba dagger is actually a cursed item
>freaked player is part of the masquerade and recognises this
>can't come out and say it's cursed and be taken seriously
>hides behind being triggered in the hope they'll take it away and stop touching it
OP's DM is gonna die to the curse. Calling it.
>>
>>54196234

>ritual tool
>a weapon

Said player is a retard, the whole table should have laughed it off.
>>
>>54197767
The twist ending is best ending.
>>
>>54196473
I honestly can't think of a state THAT liberal. Or at least where that has anything to do with this woman freaking out
>>
>>54196234
"HEY! KAREN!"
>I'm going to assume her name's Karen; she sounds like a Karen
"Do you get like this when you go to a museum? No? Then shut the fuck up. If you genuinely believe any of us is so psychotic as to suddenly be overwhelmed by a thirst for blood and start stabbing everyone, then there is no way I can convince you otherwise, as that kind of crazy stains. You got two choices here: Chill the fuck out and realise that knives don't magically leap up and murder people, or get the fuck out. No-one else is worried, so clearly the problem here lies with you."

The argument was always going to escalate to that level anyway OP. Best thing you can do is save everyone some time. Honestly, she doesn't sound much fun to play with anyway, so either her calming the hell down, or just flat-out leaving is the best solution for everyone.
>>
>>54196234

My table has a rule that we do not display weapons at the table because we live in a terribly shitty place and if there would be any sort of incident whatsoever it could rapidly descend into a total shitstorm.

That said, I guarantee there's more hardware at my table than yours. We're just not flashing it.

Fuckin' banjoville.
>>
>>54196234
Are you a Britbong ?
>>
>>54196289
This.

>>54196234
>>54196473
What kind of over sheltered life did this sperg have?
Is she hot?
why else would anyone invite her?
who's she fucking?
>>
>>54197200
Tell her Brianna Wu is a terrible ...
>Man
>>
>>54197108
That remind me about that guy that ran a one shot about WW1 and had his players wear gas masks, killing PCs when the player failed to put it in time when gas was coming
>>
>>54197202
>Lockless knives
Bin that stuff chap
>>
>>54196234
Sounds like you got a bad case of leftism in your group.
>>
>>54197767
Nice anon, really nice.
>>
I hope OP tells us what happened after it's over.
>>
>>54196296
Shit dude, my brother threatened me with a knife while he raped me and even then I'm not nearly as knife-phobic as OP's player.
>>
>>54196473
>Nope, USA. In a very liberal state on the east coast, though.
Bruh I'm in Massachusetts, too.

Guns are rad, kick the cunt out.
>>
>>54196234
Sacrifice him with the dagger, OP.

It's the only option.
>>
>>54197254
Most likely every person you know is a liberal since liberal doesn't mean "votes for americas democratic party". It's a person who supports liberalism, the ideology. But as usual America has bastardized the word.
>>
>>54198935
I'm always a little confused when people throw around the term Liberal on the internet because it means so many fucking things in America.
>>
>>54198953
American here. I was called a liberal for saying taxes are an essential part of civilization once. Please send help.
>>
>>54199008
>Taxes

Liberal.

>>54198532
This.

Anyway OP, I feel like the dm probably should've brought it up during session zero. That said this should be fixable by just putting the fuckawesome weapon away.

That said, I live in the US southeast, and my only experience with this sort of thing was my roomate wanting my gun to be locked up most of the time. That was because she has problems with depression and occasional suicidal idealation though. It's kind of understandable in that context, so I oblige.
>>
Weapon? It's a slightly pointy stick, a pimped out tent peg. Unless you're trying to fight off evil spirits you'd be better armed wielding the chairs you're sitting on than the phurba.
>>
>>54198935
>Most likely every person you know is a liberal since liberal doesn't mean "votes for americas democratic party". It's a person who supports liberalism, the ideology. But as usual America has bastardized the word.
No, I'm talking about American-style liberals. They run the gamut from what would, in saner times, be considered centrist, to folks who are too far in left field to consider voting for Democrats (much less Republicans). I think some of them are politically naive and one or two of them are just plain nutballs, but I really can't see any of them having an issue with somebody bringing an "artifact" like that to a game.
>>
Who the fuck starts an argument over something like that.
>>
>>54197169
>being honest about how you feel
Yeah, I wish people would do that, but lots of haters will look down on it and bully the person, making people insecure about doing that.
>>
>>54196234
Tell the truth anon, it wasn't really a knife he brought, was it? It was a dragon dildo.
>>
>>54200135
I havent seen that meme in a while
>>
>>54196473
Boot her. She sounds like nothing but a wet blanket and will do more damage to your group than good.
>>
>>54200105
Reminds me of a guy I knew who was dating this girl. Whenever they'd watch a movie with guns in it, her dad would quietly excuse himself since he was a Vietnam vet and it fucked with him to hear a gun going off even in a movie. Didn't make it other people's problem, just quietly went somewhere he wouldn't be bothered.
>>
>>54196289
This
>>
>>54200159
Poor dad
>>
Maybe the problem isn't the weapon, maybe the problem is the people who have access to it.

Or maybe the player isn't used to being nearby weapons, or their past experiences led her to being extremely wary next to them. I know I would feel uneasy next to someone with a gun. Maybe she's heard one too many stories of idiots who killed themselves or others while mishandling a weapon and going "it's just a joke bruh".
>>
>>54196234
Who would be scared of that? It's less menacing than a ritual athame that actually looks like a dagger, and it looks like a neat piece of history.

But back to the subject I don't see anything wrong with bringing weapons to the table for novelty, so long as nobody is an idiot. Shit, some guy could bring an authentic longsword for some show and tell and so long as nobody swung it around like an idiot, that would be cool as fuck.

Reading your second post, that woman is psychotic. Somebody needs to give her the boot. Or the D. Preferably both.
>>
>>54199008
Yes, because tithes aren't taxes, Anon.

Jesus is Lord.
>>
>>54198439
>>54198500

Speaking as a British leftist among plenty of others, the reaction to that were it to be produced at our gaming table is "that's fucking cool, can we have a look?" We haven't got some massive phobia of guns and weapons, I used to go to a shooting range fairly regularly. We just prefer actually deadly weapons to not be quite so easily accessible to the assorted madmen, radicals, depressives and lunatics the human race keeps throwing up.
>>
>>54196234
That's stupid. I had a sunday school teacher bring his swords to church to show us what the roman swords of Jesus' time looked like. My friend even held one in one hand while he had his infant brother in the other, people need to be exposed to weapons and the reality of them early in their life so they don't sperg out like your player.
>>
>>54196473
Kick her out pronto. She will be nothing but truble.
>>
>>54200372
I live in the US in a city surrounded by farm and people with guns are everywhere and I feel safer than I did in the hood, which also had tons of people with guns.

Weapons are contextual. No gun ever shot anybody, no hammer ever hit anybody, etc. People make the conscious decision (or are negligent enough) to cause harm to another.

Hoplophobes are almost ALWAYS giant faggots who are filled with fear of self more than fear of others and project that onto other people. They are almost always filled with the desire to shoot up a whole room and think others think the same way. Case in point, I was showing a friend the firearm I carry daily (cleared it visually and by touch) in his living room and his girlfriend walks in to the room, having not seen me clear it, and just yanks it from his hands and dry fires it into the wall before I could take it back from her. She then went on a rant about how dangerous guns are.
>>
>>54201589
>randomly shoots a gun to try and prove how dangerous they are

Is she retarded?
>>
File: giant_wooden_pencil_2_1024x1024.jpg (23KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
giant_wooden_pencil_2_1024x1024.jpg
23KB, 600x600px
Hopefully she'll be alright when I show up to the table with this
>>
>>54196289
For real. It's not hair triggered ordinance
>>
>>54196234
He should use the weapon to stab the whiner. I bet the whiner is a woman too.
>>
A weapon is just a tool. If a person freaks out about a weapon, it's because their first thought when they see one is "crap I could kill someone with that, that means someone here wants to!". Because they're insane.

Your DM is fine, and it's a cool thing to do. That player sounds like a dipshit.
>>
>>54196234
What an awesome dm. Tell that player to fuck off
>>
>>54196473
I live in commiefornia. Living here is like Reddit but all the time
>>
Please give us an update OP!
>>
Order a pizza, specifically unsliced.

Watch her lose her shit when a knife is brought from the kitchen
>>
>>54201806
Yes, it was unloaded but she didn't know that.

Insane woman.
>>
>>54196473
>and she was apparently 'traumatized' by the incident.
How was that NOT an indicator that you shouldn't have her at the table?
>>
File: 792025566_1731873.gif (201KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
792025566_1731873.gif
201KB, 400x300px
>>54199529
>I think some of them are politically naive and one or two of them are just plain nutballs
They're communists, anon.
The only good reason to become a communist is to get a free helicopter ride.
>>
>>54196234
>GMing game of modern crooks robbing banks and shit
>bring in all kinds of props, toy guns, photo layouts of heist locations, paint a goddamn lead brick gold to make a pretty convincing gold brick, balisongs and quad copter drones and shit
>another player buys everyone high quality toy guns based on their playstyle. one dude gets a silencer gun, one a cowboy revolver, one a big fuck-you looking blaster, and everyone gets grenades
>even silencer gun-guy, who is actually kind of phobic of weapons, gets into the prop game and builds a unique lego stage based on the blueprints I'd given them for the current job

game was fun as fuck. props are fucking great
>>
>>54201589
there are legitimately some people who, rather than being just fucking insane, actually have traumatic incidents in their past. Like, being afraid of even a knife sitting on the table when you have this vivid memory of your nuts older brother holding a knife to your throat is understandable. That's a reasonable enough phobia to develop, and if people knew about it, I'd expect them to respect it.
I'd also expect, if you knew someone at your table was an arachnophobe, you wouldn't bring out a pet tarantula and set it on the table, no matter how sweet Queenie is.

that said, I'm an arachnophobe,
but if someone kept their tarantula in a little terrarium while setting her on the play mat to show the giant spider our minifigs were fighting, I'd still think that was pretty dope after it was over and I calmed down
>>
>>54202293
I was literally mauled by a dog. I still own dogs.
If a traumatic experience is preventing you from acting like a rational person that is called ptsd and you need help to deal with it. No excuses.
>>
>>54196296
Double that. Used to think that weapons were dangerous distant thing i will never wield, but after carrying ak74 for almost everyday for a year i treat weapons more like a clothes. Its allways around you and no longer has its grim charm.
>>
>>54202293

The best way to cure trauma is repeated exposure to the trauma.
>>
>>54202293
Sounds like some people are scared little bitches and should toughen up. A phobia is an irrational behavior that should be treated medically not coddled and appeased just cause muh feelings.
>>
>>54202713
>/tg/ - psychology experts
>>
>>54196234
Why not just kindly remind her that fucking anything is a weapon if you use it as one. Using that same logic, she should melt down when someone takes notes during a game because you could just as easily stab someone with a pencil if you really wanted to stab someone.

Which hearing about what kind of person she is, I can understand why she wouldn't want people around her to have something to stab her with.
>>
>>54202293
I want to get a tarantula and do this now.
>>
>>54202732
>everything experts
>>
Man, do I know that feeling.

I live in a rural area, like actual farmland rural.

At any point in time I have 3-4 weapons on me. A Swiss army knife and Leatherman for various tools, a bigger pocket knife for cutting string and feed bags, and finally, if I need it, a small handgun for rodents and or snakes. All the flat footer friends of mine are "deeply troubled" when I go into town and empty my pockets. Even when I'm not carrying a firearm, I still get looks when I pull out my pocket knifes.

Yet whose the guy everyone looks to when they need something cut or opened?
>>
>>54196473
You tell her about the ritual bloodletting yet?
>>
File: 1495596607713.jpg (35KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
1495596607713.jpg
35KB, 500x265px
>>54202851
fucking this.

I hate Minneapolis and St. Paul. They stained this state. Cities are cancer and so are the people who live in it. Like, even if in a city their is a reason to carry a pocket knife, a small firearm, a leathermen, etc.

I feel knife and gun control is part of a greater scheme to remove self-actualization and ability to be self-sufficient from people. I watched a friend spend 10 minutes trying to open one an Xwing booster with just his hands despite being in his kitchen surrounded by knives.

>>54202293
Jesus fucking christ, you come off as cripplingly weak in spirit/fiber/moxy/whatever you want to call it.
>>
Who invited /k/ to this thread? How this went from "your friend shouldn't be afraid of your DM bringing a ritual dagger to the table" to "liburals r trying to stearl muh guns".

Who brought guns in the first place?
>>
>>54202732
I didn't claim to be an expert. Everything in my post is common knowledge
>>
>>54203086
Because they're the same people we're bitching about. They ruin literally everything, also weapons aren't scary was the subject matter so it isn't a huge leap at all.
>>
>>54196473
Drop that bitch like she's challenging you for the WWE title
>>
>>54203097
>common knowledge
>hurr man up
>hurr durr I'ma keep kicking you in the nuts til you man up
>common knowledge

For the sake of everyone kys
>>
>>54196234
that's insane, it's just a knife not a fucking handgun, it's not like he's trying to stab people with it. What, do they start screaming when you pull out a butter knife from the cabinet?
>>
>>54202732
>You don't even need the other boards.
>>
>>54203033
I'm not the one with the knife phobia. That was someone else at my table. And I've brought weapons to other games as props. But I wouldn't there, because someone had a phobia that was communicated, and I'm not a dick.
That's it. That's really all it is. "If you know someone has a phobia, don't deliberately expose them to it." And phobias, while irrational, some come from a more reasonable place than others.
>>
>>54196473
....why do you play with her?
>>
>>54203195
>"we must talk about the OP on a first degree basis for 110 posts"

Your forum culture has no power here.
>>
>>54198345
Jesus anon, where do you live?
>>
>>54198480
that sounds both incredibly frustrating and fun at the same time
>>
>>54203160
The part about phobias being irrational and requiring professional help is common knowledge. The rest is obviously my opinion to anyone with basic reading comprehension, which you seem to lack.
>hurr durr i'll misrepresent what you said
If you have to do this to make someone sound stupid then your pretty bad at expressing yourself. You could call me a faggot like a normal person would instead of going "hurr hurr me dumb", that's just low tier bantz.
>>
>>54199569
a drama queen
>>
>>54196234

Dual citizen of /k/ and /tg/ here. Your friend should be ejected from the game. Having an irrational fear is one thing, shrieking and sperging out about it is something entirely different.

I'm glad I live in rural North Carolina. People who are triggered by weapons that easily wouldn't be able to even glance into the workshop where my group games without having a mental breakdown.
>>
>>54200372
I have to disagree with that, being nervous around a gun and being nervous around what is essentially an overly decorated stake are two different things. Unless she honestly believes that the DM was gonna start attacking people with it, she has no right to act childish and start freaking out for no reason. If she has a genuine problem with it, she should have just been polite about it and ask if he could put it away. They're all adults, there is no justifying throwing a tantrum.
>>
>>54203373
What makes a gun different?
>>
>>54203160
Not the same anon, but while I don't agree with the whole man up stuff, he does have a point on the phobias. When it comes to a phobia, a person needs help with it, not excuses for it, and while it would be understandable if she does have a phobia, it doesn't excuse her behavior.
>>
>>54203401
well, a gun can accidently be discharged and potentially kill someone. It's way harder to accidently hurt someone with a ceremonial knife unless you start acting like dumbass with it. Frankly, comparing that knife to gun to justify her outburst is like comparing a sharpened pencil to a flare. Sure, you COULD hurt yourself with a pencil, but I promise you it won't be nearly as bad as getting fit with a flare.
>>
>>54203556
If you have a gun out and are examining it and have no intention of firing it, it needs to be empty with the safety on, and even then still handled as if it was live. Doing otherwise is acting like a dumbass.
>>
>>54196289
Or they don't trust the people they are around to be careful.
I have a friend who is a total fucking spaz and has accidentally hurt people or done shit they didn't mean to on multiple occasions. You think I was comfortable when he was going through his "pocket knifes make me look so cool" phase and was playing with them all the time?
>>
>>54203600
>>54203600
the point is that "knife" is probably less dangerous then a kitchen knife and that it just annoys me that some people are bringing up guns into the conversation to make her come off as reasonable, despite the fact guns having nothing to do with this issue.
>>
>>54196350
underrated
>>
>>54203661
>is probably less dangerous then a kitchen knife

Oh, no contest. It'll have no edge, and probably less of a point than your average ball point pen.
>>
>>54196234
I do it too, I have little statuettes, miniatures, a miniatures sceptre made of a marble being held by an ice cube claw-thing (it is also decorated with a cord that holds religious tokens of all sorts.,) daggers, precious stones and little knick-knacks
>>
>>54196234
I do this too, sometimes bringing in real world items adds more flavor to the game. I once borrowed 15th century cavalry cutlass from a friend and had it set as the weapon of a villain the players were facing.
>>
>>54203719
exactly, so it just seems silly to bring up things that have nothing to do wit the actual issue.

Wonder if OP will come back with what happened?
>>
>>54203793
>I once borrowed 15th century cavalry cutlass

15th century Hijri perhaps. 15th century AD? I got a deal of some marvellous Swiss ocean front property for you if you're interested.
>>
>>54203661
Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.
>>
>>54203843
black sea or baltic?
>>
>>54203931
Sea of Tranquility
>>
>>54196473
>Yes. She is a co-worker in our office, and gets triggered by a lot of things. Last time was when some of us decided to bring nerf guns in and have some fun (everyone in the office knew, and our supervisor had aside a very specific time for the nerf war to happen so no one would get a surprise dart to the eye while they were working on something important, even brought his kid's guns to give out to people who didn't have any) and she was apparently 'traumatized' by the incident. resulting in a HR ban on the toys.
Women do not belong in the workforce. All it's done is drive down wages and create more fucked up kids.
>>
>>54203963
Who should build our planes when all the men go to war, then?
>>
>>54203963
Consider drinking a nice warm cup of bleach.
>>
>>54204040
The men that lack the strength to fight properly and haven't been trained.
>>
>>54196473
>and our supervisor had aside a very specific time for the nerf war
Why are everyone else in your life such complete ballers?

>>54202046
This post is know to cause cancer in the state of California.
>>
>>54203608
Irrational paranoia is a psychological problem. Unfortunately for you, all you can do is slap your friend for being a clumsy dumbass.
>>
>>54203963
The fact that people like you actually exist terrifies me.
>>
>>54204122
Why not have them raise the kids while the women build the planes?
>>
>>54203033
>>54202851
Raised by Appalachian native grandparents and been in scouting program pretty much my whole life. I was so immensely baffled when I went to college by people not having a healthy respect for a cutting took, let alone keeping a Swiss army on their person.

A pocket knife is a tool, not a weapon, yes it can do damage rather easily just like a hammer, but it's rather ineffective for the task compared to a hunting knife. Kids need to be raised to respect a tool not fear it as a weapon.
>>
>>54196234
Your friend is fucking retarded and needs to stop being a massive pussy.
>>
>>54196473
Seriously, kick them out. That is some fucking bullshit. They seem like the most anti-fun, stick up their ass bitch ever.

I wouldn't fucking put up with that nonsense.
>>
File: you.png (129KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
you.png
129KB, 500x375px
>mfw i pickup my players in a 35 years old panda with shotguns liying on the floormats
>>
File: 1469169682390.jpg (105KB, 337x434px) Image search: [Google]
1469169682390.jpg
105KB, 337x434px
>>54204457
>>mfw i pickup my players in a 35 years old panda with shotguns liying on the floormats
The fuck.
Explain this right away.
>>
>>54204384
Suburban transplant to NYC, and liberal as fuck.

People here are fucking pussies with no self sufficiency or understanding of how to use simple tools.

>>It's actually just the useless New Jersey people
>>
If it's not being used threateningly, there is no problem with it. Hell, my group has a permanently-broken BB Gun we use as a prop sometimes.
>>
>>54204520
Panda 750 is an historical car, so i pay 10€/yr of insurance
I use my "mizzica" model 37 (repeating shotty) for pheasants, since it's open season here in the bassa
The fuckers are overbreeding and have started taking over pigeons
>>
>>54204520
Such is life when you're the only one with license and car
>>
>>54204522
>>>It's actually just the useless New Jersey people
Fuck off, those "Jersey" People are just spillover from the slums of New York and Philadelphia.

Most people in central/south Jersey proper have no problems with guns and knives and stuff. Heck, a good amount of Jersey is actually rednecks, swampfolk, and sweet corn/blueberry farmers. And just about every 5 miles you'll keep running into a U-Pick-It for blueberry, or a local farmer's market.

Jersey is only shit because people try to move in to be within driving distance to Philly and NYC, most proper Jersians try to avoid associating with them
>>
>>54196234
>>
>>54196473
>Yes. She is a co-worker in our office, and gets triggered by a lot of things.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
>>
>>54204040

The men who are too old to go to war. Just like they did last time.
>>
>>54197169
>Hey guys, I get really uncomfortable around weapons. Sometimes even toy ones. I need to grow some balls and stop being a pussy Millennial.

In a perfect world, I guess.
>>
>>54196234
>/tg/ is pussies

My group meets in my basement, which is where I keep all my guns and my reloading bench. I'm assuming you live in Bongland or California if a table of grown adults is afraid of a knife. Better empty out that cutlery drawer before Big Brother catches you making dinner on a cctv.
>>
>>54196363
I've always found this sentiment about England bizarre, given that you will casually come across shotguns whenever you go anywhere near a farm or the countryside.

Getting firearms in the UK is not impossible, you just need a license, pistols are illegal, and taking them around in public places will get you arrested.
>>
>>54204987
There was a webm a couple of days ago of 6 officers nearly shooting a kid for having a plastic knife
In fact this incident is the primary reason you're cops now only carry 2 tasers
>>
File: 1485478243688.jpg (357KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1485478243688.jpg
357KB, 1920x1280px
>>54197254
>Hi. Liberal here.

You don't speak for all liberals.

You're not special.

But you are indeed liberal, since you act like the world should revolve around you.
>>
>>54204898
In all fairness Christopher Lee, in matter of weaponry, is allowed to have a look of superiority considering that he was part of the Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare. Not to put it too bluntly but before he went into acting he was, among other things, an assassin.
>>
>>54204040
Interestingly enough, this is no longer a problem.

With both automation and smaller acting armed forces, if a big war did spring up again, only 10-20% of the population workforce would be drafted into service. This is a huge step up from 70-80% of the workforce, which would have naturally included mostly working age men. As a side effect, it means that first world countries can no longer benefit from a war time economy. Where as before you are employing a large amount of your population, either through a war salary or in production factories, and eliminating a portion of competitive workforces, either through death or other participation in the war, which would artificially inflate your country's economy. Now that factories are mostly automated, you don't need men to work the line, and now that armies aren't blobs of men fighting each other, you can't really justify drafting and paying them.

Starting a war has been a reliable source of money for thousands of years, because in order to maintain it you would reliably employ 80% of your workforce to craft supplies towards the war effort. Now that it is no longer economically feasible to do so, I wonder what the next sinister world market playing trick will be.
>>
>>54205056
>he was, among other things, an assassin.
Don't forget how in interviews, when asked about occult stuff he would warn people against getting involved I. The occult with the most haunted look on his face.

My headcanon is that Lee probably had to fight some evil magical Nazis in his time
>>
>>54196234

>bringing a single dagger to the table.

A previous group of mine had everyone in costume and appropriately equipped. Your group needs to step up.
>>
>>54205092
This is a good post. I like it. Could you talk more about the subject matter? I'd be fine with elaboration on how the wartime economy used to function, functions currently, or could theoretically function in the future, or whatever comes to mind.
>>
>>54199008
>I was called a liberal for saying taxes are an essential part of civilization once

Yes, you're a liberal.
>>
>>54204090
>>54204362
Cunts.
Woman's labor suffrage was the most disastrous event in the history of the American worker.
Imagine America suddenly doubling it's population through immigration over the course of a year, except it's even worse because all those new workers would bring more demand.

Women working brought no new significant demand, and simply doubled the work force.
Anyone with a cursory knowledge of economics would see why this is terrible.
>>
>>54196234
That is the most pathetic thing I have ever heard of happening at a game table. You need to boot the idiot getting triggered over the dagger immediately, they are destroying everybody's session by focusing it on their private bullshit. I would never tolerate that kind of selfish, immature nonsense.
>>
>>54205216
Wait seriously?

Now I'm wondering how accurate his portrayal of Saruman was.
>>
>>54205216
Or at the very least saw some shit that the Nazis did in the name of their occultism.

He also corrected Peter Jackson on exactly what happens when a man receives a knife to the hilt in the back.
>>
>>54205413
Ancaps areally not people.
KYS
>>
>>54205471
>what happens when a man's throat is slit
Fixed that for you. The answer is that they get very quiet.
>>
>>54205413
What are taxes, but a way of paying an entity for a good or service, just as any other business does?
Further, even a Free Market economy requires the basics of an institute that exists to define and enforce the rules of trade

Ancaps are retarded, and give Free Market Economists a bad name
>>
>>54205642
>Free Market Exonomists are retarded, and give Free Market Economists a bad name
Fixed
>>
>live in Florida
>40 guns within reach of table
It's like Africa with more water.
>>
>>54205798
Is this white Florida or bean Florida?
>>
>>54205280
As I said, the wartime economy was a guaranteed way to employ your citizenry. Production of goods, labor, and consumption of those goods and labor, with the added benefit of keeping this new influx of productivity in your own country. Countries that had the means to produce their own goods during wartime, and not rely on trading with others, historically have come out of the war for the better. Even if you lose the war, unless you are forced to pay reparations, one of the many reasons why reparations as a tactic are so strongly enforced and encouraged, your country would quickly bounce back with this new glut of wealth.

The practice of a modern day war economy is still practiced, in a sense, and falls mostly under the hats of "conspiracies". It's a well known practice that research abounds during wartime, and the practice of government funding for research has sparked many modern day inventions for the people. Now a days though, there seems to be a vast over investment in military technology, which by itself wouldn't be bad, however these military contracts usually end up producing theoretical or impractical ideas, which little or no actual goods to show for it. This leads to a corrupt community of researchers who produce nothing, but pocket billions of tax payer money.

Also in the modern day, arms trading still seems to be a reliable source of income. You might have heard that both President Obama and President Trump sold weaponry to the Saudi's recently. It's not a coincidence that these military goods end up dispersing around a region so destabilized, yet full of wealth. Jung states if the motive is unclear, infer from the outcome, and the outcome of the middle-east is American control of oil, currency usage, and political upset. So control of goods, value of goods, and no rivals to say any different.
>>
>>54205421

Not quite, because most women still would rather not work once they are married.
>>
>>54205861
>however these military contracts usually end up producing theoretical or impractical ideas, which little or no actual goods to show for it. This leads to a corrupt community of researchers who produce nothing, but pocket billions of tax payer money.

>research needs to produce tangible technology in the short term to be valuable
Wew
>>
>>54205861
(cont)

In the future, I imagine we will see artificial demands to raise population levels. First world countries can not maintain their level of stability without first having growing population to disperse the debt of the previous generation among the many. We may see artifical wars spring up in order to facilitate human migrations to safer, more plentiful, countries. We can see whisperings of this today.

With the rise of crypto-currencies, we might see a loosening of America's grasp on world currency. Either the powers of be will fight this idea, or take stock in the fact that it's untraceable, and move into this new market. I can imagine powerful men ruling from true anonymity, forgoing the whole process of government interventionism entirely, and moving more into corporate dictatorships. Those funding wars could truly remain in the shadows, and have their interests kept without ever having to set up a fall man in the guise of a government official.

To keep it /tg/, I imagine we're going full Shadowrun here pretty soon.
>>
>>54196473
> very liberal state on the
nah, no, I'm a left-leaning moderate and this bitch is out of her mind. Don't blame this on liberalism.
>>
>>54205927
>research needs to produce tangible technology in the short term to be valuable

It's not like these contracts are producing ideas that will be useful later on. It's more the likes of

>Military contractor pitches idea for new tank.
>We will charge 9 billion dollars to do this.
>Government accepts.
>Contractor keep extending deadline.
>Finally deadline comes.
>The Government official will glance at this blueprint MAYBE once.
>He will look at the cost analysis, deem it to expensive for mass production, and throw away the whole plan.
>Military contractor rinses, repeats for foreseeable future.

You don't even get a cool tank out of the deal, you get a picture of the hummer of Abrams and an empty wallet.
>>
File: 1495064340290.jpg (69KB, 498x456px) Image search: [Google]
1495064340290.jpg
69KB, 498x456px
>>54196234
Reward the DM with a confection.
>>
>>54204838

People like her don't exist naturally. They're the product of a system that needs two opposite sides, without either seeking any fundamental change to the system. So we have "liberals" who get indoctrinated with stupid shit to keep them from ever finding the left. You're both just two sides of one coin.
>>
>>54196458
>a letter

You think this bitch has anything sharp enough to open an envelope?
>>
>>54206031
Ah, in that case, I agree; you should have been a bit more specific though.
When you said "theoretical", I thought you mean "theoretical scientific concepts and research"
>>
>>54205523
"Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare".

It sounds so silly. Then you realize the wide scope of carefully refined bastardry it could encompass.
>>
>>54206525
>DAE le horseshoe theory xD
>>
>>54203401
t.knifesAndNukesAreTheSameThing
>>
>>54205413
Well sure then, I guess if you don't want roads, law enforcement, a strong army, or free education then yeah, I guess he is a liberal.
>>
>>54205056
I mean SOEs weren't really assasins they were guerillas and survivalists basically
and churchills political goons [/spoilers{
>>
File: 1432953227932.jpg (443KB, 1080x536px) Image search: [Google]
1432953227932.jpg
443KB, 1080x536px
>>54201379
ok m8
>>
>>54202677
>after carrying ak74 for almost everyday for a year
Russia or Detroit?
>>
>>54206012
You know what he means by "liberal" and it is exactly that kind of ideology that does deserve the blame.
>>
File: knives.jpg (52KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
knives.jpg
52KB, 720x960px
>>54207091
meanwhile in 'straya
>>
>>54207308
Pictures like these make me question whether I shouldn't actually be grateful to live in syrupland.
>>
>>54207336
>"If you kill your enemies, they win"
>>
>>54197202
like a gun safe but for knives
>>
>>54207349
Yeah, that's the other side of the coin...
I want to like this country. I keep telling myself "we'll win in 2019", but Scheer has the charisma of a sack of potatoes and if it doesn't pan out then I may as well start filing for immigration papers southward.
>>
>>54207349
>contextless quote that doesn't acknowledge how martyrdom plays into the glorification of non-capitalist culture
2/10, can't give you any more. If you kill your enemies, you strengthen the ideology they're promoting, particularly when that ideology is based on fighting an insurmountable opponent.
>>
>>54207349
You do realize he's never said that, but I don't like Trudeau either since he back out of vote reform without touching it.
>>
>>54207446
That's why you kill even more.
>>
>>54207501
>That's why you kill even more.
Thus spake the apostate of Khorne right before his homework was virus bombed into the warp.
>>
>>54201379
Guess it's a good thing your cops can't be equipped to fight some random arab with a knife then.
>>
>>54207513
>fictional examples

Boy you must like communism because it sounds great in fiction
>>
>>54207520
Has Britain gone full circle where a man could find a sword in a swamp and be able to declare himself king?
>>
>>54207446
Then you slaughter them by the tens of thousands and glass their fucking dessert rather than bombing a few goat-fuckers every now and again to rile up some more muzzie tard rage.
>>
>>54205092
>With both automation and smaller acting armed forces, if a big war did spring up again, only 10-20% of the population workforce would be drafted into service.

0% of the population would be drafted

modern wars are over too quickly(a war between the soviets and NATO was expected to last like 3-6 weeks) and modern equipment or highly skilled operators can't be readily replaced.

If a Ticonderoga class cruiser is torpedoed you can't just pump a new one out like a Fletcher class destroyer in 1944

If a Russian Guards Tank Regiment is slaughtered you can't just load quickly trained conscripts into T-72s and try to recreate the battle of Kursk otherwise you end up like the Gulf War where poorly trained Iraqi tankers died by the battalion load without even scratching the paint of coalition tanks
>>
>>54207557
>/pol/ is baited this easily
Come on bud. At least pretend to be /tg/.

>>54207602
How's that working out for Vietnam?
>>
>>54207627
>0% of the population would be drafted

Vietnam was a thing anon.
>>
Phobias are irrational

Had someone's crazy GF grab my kukri at a get together/BBQ because it was dangerous (all early 20s, no kids) and start waving it around.

Full on panic attack and she refused to listen to anyone for 5+ minutes until the hosts fiance got tired of the scene and went and got her shotgun, telling her to drop the goddamn knife

Same crazy bitch, at another event,
tried to accuse me of some unintelligible babble when I was holding a 10" chefs knife. Bitch, I'm a god damn chef. If you fuck with my knives I will cut you.
>>
>>54207649
>How's that working out for Vietnam?
It was working perfectly fine until the bleeding hearts in DC had the US pull out after the treaty, letting Charlie get his grubby gook hands on the south.
>>
>>54207649
>How's that working out for Vietnam?

Vietnam didn't work out because we didn't get involved back when it was a rebellion in a French colony, and we only fought once the country has already split. Thus, the troops on the ground kept getting told that they couldn't actually go into enemy territory and win the war.

And even despite all that, we still managed to force them into a peace treaty that they held for a few years.

If we had gone in sooner? We could have certainly crushed them by not having to worry about offending anyone by invading a country. Invading a country and winning should be easy, it's only politicians that want to tie your hands that make it hard.
>>
I was going to ask something along the lines of why they freak out so much over a piece of metal being around, but I think >>54196289 summarized what I was getting at better than I would have. You should remind whoever is causing drama over this, that if there was any intent to get at each other's throats, you could kill them with a fucking pen for all that matters, by ramming it down their neck. Or that their computer's power cable makes for a perfectly fine garrote to choke them to death with. Or that a lot of their kitchen knives that can cut fruits and vegetables, can also be used to stab or cut them. Yet they're here not freaking out about all these regular household objects, because you're not fucking psychopaths that think about killing each other.
>>
>>54196234

That DM sounds amazing. I love the idea.

As for the argument, I'm baffled. Even if it were a 'weapon' weapon, and not a ritual weapon, modern context defines weapons we feel as threatening to be firearms. That isn't to say antiquated weapons are any less lethal, for better or for worse.

I don't understand. This is a ritual knife? Is he afraid of steak knives?
>>
>>54207667
Vietnam was half a century ago.
>>
>>54205954
>In the future, I imagine we will see artificial demands to raise population levels. First world countries can not maintain their level of stability without first having growing population to disperse the debt of the previous generation among the many
This won't work because we operate on a debt-based economy. The more people we have the larger the number of people with debt becomes. This is why the purchasing power of the dollar has tanked since the early sixties. It's not only because of inflation, but because so many people owe so many others so much money that more money doesn't necessarily move more product.

This is why the USD of gold has skyrocketed since the 1950's from about $40 to $1000+.

>We may see artifical wars spring up in order to facilitate human migrations to safer, more plentiful, countries. We can see whisperings of this today.
Yeah, but the problem is that first world countries aren't increasing the population of educated work force, they're bringing in useless bodies that feed off the state and destroy the work environment for the native population.

>With the rise of crypto-currencies, we might see a loosening of America's grasp on world currency.
No. As the last month has proven, America and global banking at large, is capable of devaluing these currencies on a whim. They are an artificial currency with no physical backing, which makes them a shady investment compared to things like silver, gold, or industry. They're going to rise and crash over the next fifty years repeatedly. Crypto-currency is too new to be a threat to corporate and government wealth.

>Those funding wars could truly remain in the shadows, and have their interests kept without ever having to set up a fall man in the guise of a government official.
We really reached this point in the 80's, but you're right to predict that it's probably going to get a lot worse in the future.
>>
>That Guy so afraid of sharp corners that a ceremonial nonweapon makes him shit his pants and start crying
Did he just get out of the padded room? Send him back, he's not done.
>>
>>54207858
>tfw 1996 was 35 years ago
>>
>>54207890
Holy shit it's a time traveller
What should I be investing in right now?
>>
>>54205056
>>54205216
>>54205453
On the set of Lord of the Rings, when they were shooting the extended edition scene where Saruman is literally stabbed in the back, Peter Jackson told Christopher Lee that he needed to scream or yell when he was stabbed. Lee told him "No. That's not what a man sounds like when he's stabbed through the lung." Needless to say Saruman didn't scream.
>>
>>54207901
Quantum teledildonics.
>>
>>54207890
I was born in 97', I just turned 20 this year, Is I'm gonna either assume that was a typo, sarcasm, or I really need to know who your dealer is, cause that shit you're holding is clearly amazing.
>>
>>54207925
I was born in 1993 and I just turned 43 last year. We truly live in troubling times.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>54207935
>>
>>54207725
Well reasoned and accurate, but democratic peace theory. A democracy is inherently fickle, and thus more subject to negative propaganda than an autocracy. Vietnam was an unjustified war in the sense that it was patriotic but it lacked the absolute certainty of a response to a non-democratic entity. As soon as humanitarians became invested it's game over because they can pass legislation to change military objectives. Instead, wouldn't it be neat if you made friends, helped them finance their infrastructure, receive primary and secondary manufacturing for your tertiary product, and grease people's palms with a smile.

Violent military conflict is archaic compared to modern warfare because it fosters both internal and external resentment in response to the documentation of the conflict. When you keep a brave face until they hit you, then go in with a coalition to fuck up their day you have justified, population backed, humanitarian intervention that's swift, terrible, and guilt free. When your problem is multinational and "terror" based, you win by suffocating the ideology. When people think your cause is trivial, there's no hope of enlisting beyond philosophy, and to replace one philosophy with another is to annihilate them entirely.
>>
>>54196234
You have an awesome DM.
>>
>>54207667
>Vietnam was a thing anon.

the mid 70s to mid 80s were a thing too

During that time new tech and better training made quality>quantity the paradigm

instead of the dull mass of poorly motivated conscripts so stoned they couldn't tell a Soviet BMP from a Trabant the US transitioned to a smaller highly trained all volunteer army

meanwhile the USAF was reeling from it's appalling failures over North Vietnam and set in motion reforms and training improvements that would forever kick up the standard of air warfare

the US airforce spent nearly 20 wiping away the shame of Vietnam and training for the world heavyweight title fight so when their opponent died of dysentery and the Saddam started throwing punches they crippled one of the world's largest air defence networks in 24 hours and carried ultimate victory in 4 weeks
>>
Well, if I was a vampire I'd be afraid yet stoked to get stabbed in the heart with that beautiful thing.
>>
>>54207925
I was born in 96 and I'm about to turn 57. What are you doing wrong?
>>
>>54198749
Greentext?
>>
>>54196363
With a Phurba it just might...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XLZRPyb77E
>>
>>54196234
>>54196289
what the fuck, it's not even a gun or something, it's literally just a sharp object.
probably blunt too, considering its decorative nature.
>>
File: 1465369178127.jpg (20KB, 256x253px) Image search: [Google]
1465369178127.jpg
20KB, 256x253px
>>54208646
classic.
>>
>>54197737
Rule one of knife safety, the knife is ALWAYS loaded.
>>
>>54198749
Alright anon, you know the rules, it's story time. Be detailed too, I want to be able to get off to this.
>>
>>54207308
Come on now, how?
>>
>>54208547
I dunno man, I'm also '97 and I'm retiring in a few weeks. Some kids just don't grow up as fast as the others I guess.
>>
>>54208813
Rules as written. No knives to be sold without permit. Technically they are knives.
>>
Do you have any irrational or rational phobias?
>>
>>54196234
In any of our games, between 1-4 of the players are off-putting police officers, so there's always as many sidearms strewn about. I love how nervous it makes our hyperliberal "Communism is the solution" players.
>>
>>54210258
Its pretty funny when a nogunz is introduced to an environment with guns. They are unable to behave normally, and their eyes constantly get drawn on the guns, or they make a very noticeable effort to not look at them at all.
Its like there's some mythical aura about what is essentially just a tool, a piece of metal and polymer/wood.
>>
>>54196234
You think that's hoplophobic, I once saw a player get freaked out over a stick. You see, we had this one guy who carried the "In-character Stick", a hurley stick he'd raise up when he was talking in-character, because we had this one other guy who was a dumbass and couldn't tell otherwise. Rather than the game keep getting interrupted by dumbass's rogue asking hurley-anon's druid what "Doctor Pepper" and "CDs" were, he brought the stick. Worked out well enough.

Later on though we got a new guy, one of use met him through school, who didn't know the origin of the in-character stick. So halfway through the session when hurley-bro steps out for a smoke, the newbie asks us whether or not hurley-bro's okay. We're like
>Yeah...why?
>Because he's a gigantic Hell's Angels looking dude, constantly waving around a fucking war club. I'm afraid I'll say something to piss him off and he'll crack my skull.

So we all had a good laugh at him for referring to a caman as 'a fucking warclub', and hurley-bro comes back in from his smoke. He asks what the joke is, and we're like "It's nothing, man, it's cool. Don't do anything crazy. Just calm down, man."

He didn't actually look all that intimidating, he was just big and had long hair and a beard. The newbie was just a lanklet and bitch.
>>
>>54196343
it's not a fucking liberal thing. It's an alt-left faggotry thing. It's like saying neo-nazi alt-righters are great examples of conservatives. ffs, leave it on /pol/
>>
>>54205035
Okay grandpa. You can go back to watching Fox News now.
>>
>>54196234
see
>>54196289
>>54196296
>>54196343
>>54196458
>>
>>54198749
Dude, you don't get to disclose that kind of thing on 4chan without arousing interest as to what occurred. So, we're kinda gonna need a greentext.
>>
File: shhhhhh.jpg (32KB, 373x523px) Image search: [Google]
shhhhhh.jpg
32KB, 373x523px
>>54211682
>>
>>54206984
>>
>>54203556
a gun does not go off accidentally that's called negligence. there is no excuse.
>>
>>54197108
>Airsoft
>Not actual guns
Shit GM spotted
>>
File: WRONG.jpg (51KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
WRONG.jpg
51KB, 670x377px
>>54203556
>a gun can accidently be discharged
>>
>>54203556
>Gun can accidentally be discharged

I've had a revolver sitting beside me for 3 weeks now when I'm doing stuff on my computer. Every now and then I'd pick it up, do your basic clearing check, and just handle it for a bit

There is no chance whatsoever for the vast majority of firearms on the earth to just "go off" And anybody who ever says that their gun just went off on it's own is actually an idiot who couldn't keep his booger hook off the bang switch for 2 seconds to clear the gun
>>
File: dragon-claw-knife-1440-p.jpg (116KB, 600x414px) Image search: [Google]
dragon-claw-knife-1440-p.jpg
116KB, 600x414px
>>54196234
I gotta be honest: if someone brought a knife like pic related to a game I'd probably feel a little weird and ask them to put it away.

I know it's slightly irrational. I've shot guns, I live with people who own guns, I carry a knife while camping, I cook with bigger and sharper knives. I trust *myself* to be safe with a weapon, but that doesn't mean I trust *you* to be safe with a weapon.

I wouldn't let someone leave a sharp kitchen knife on the table while we're playing an RPG. I don't want that shit getting knocked onto my foot because you reached across the table to grab a beer.

I have no problem with people bringing prop/cosplay/larp weapons.

This is common sense, right /tg/?
>>
>>54204765
Except there's a law in New Jersey where if you're caught with hollowpoint bullets, you're sentenced to a minimum of one year in prison.
>>
>>54198500
This is what conservatives actually believe

Srsly though, no pol on tg, k thnks.
>>
>>54196473
LITERALLY WHY ARE YOU PLAYING WITH THIS PERSON YOU BROUGHT THIS ON YOURSELVES OMG I'M LIVID
>>
>>54208365
It's a shame the Air Force today is on the verge of imploding due to mismanagement and corruption.
>>
>>54213201
Oh shit, I actually have that exact knife at my old house.
>>
>>54213201
While you are right about the kitchen knife, the one in your picture looks like an unsharpened display piece so in essence it is a prop.
It wouldn't be any more dangerous to drop it on your foot than the player's handbook you are using.
>>
>>54196234
Explain to her that literally any object can be a weapon.
The pencil you're using to write with? More than adequate as a shiv, given enough force behind it.
The glass you've got your drink in? Freshly broken glass is one of the sharpest things humans have got.
The dice you're slinging around to generate random numbers? Choking hazard.
Not to mention the fact that, assuming a whole and undamaged human, most people have up to at least four weapons on their person at all times, being their fists and feet.
Humans have even more weapons built in if you consider the teeth a weapon, and yet more if you consider any sufficiently sturdy part of the body a weapon.
>>
>>54213201
>being a LITTLE BITCH
No it's not normal, if your first instinct upon entering a room full of weapons lying around isn't to fondle each one then you should put your tampon in and fuck off to the knitting club
>>
>>54196473
>Bitch cries and manages to get HR to ban toys

Start looking for a new job now, OP. This bitch clearly knows how to work the system and no matter how this whole out of work weapons thing went down, she's going to resent you for it and slowly generate enough static around you to get you fired.
>>
>>54206742
It's not the fucking horseshoe theory. I'm not saying that the left and right are the same if you go far enough, I'm saying what we call "left" and "right" are just right-leaning distractions.
>>
>>54196473
This never happened.
>>
>>54196234
>>one of the players starts freaking out, calling him insane for bringing weapons to the table

Nigga I would KILL for a DM this dedicated.
>>
>>54217491
>DUDE IT'S NOT -REAL- COMMUNISM
kys
>>
File: Remington_Model_700.jpg (18KB, 573x310px) Image search: [Google]
Remington_Model_700.jpg
18KB, 573x310px
>>54212945
>>54212980
>>54213000
*accidentally discharges*
>>
That is a ceremonial weapon, not anything that poses imminent danger or anything. If anything I wish that I had a GM as cool as yours. Most important objects don't even get a nifty illustration, just a verbal description.

Tangentially related, can you tell us what other IRL objects your GM brought? I want to do the same thing to make things interesting. It should make my next pass by an antique store more interesting.
>>
>>54212901
It does make sense, your taxes pay for all that shit. There's a difference between a small non-intrusive government and straight up anarchy.
>>
>>54218715
Except liberalism literally is not leftism
>>
File: 001(2).jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
001(2).jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>54203600
>>54212945
>54212945
>>54212980
>>54213000
I feel like you guys are missing the point
>>
>>54219332
Except it literally is, and you're just a snowflake niggerfaggot
>>
>>54219332
Might as well be when it comes to the U.S., we're pretty extreme on everything here.
>>
My GM bought a bicycle wheel to our fortnightly game. Thankfully I managed to subdue him by striking his knee with my crotch while one of our other players called the police.
>>
>>54196234
Your DM sounds based desu, player seems like a pussy
>>
>>54196503
>Why are you playing with this person?
I also wonder this. Care to enlighten us?
>>
>>54219390
You seem really confused about what the two concepts mean as they are actually far removed from eachother ideology-wise.

>>54219950
What do you even mean by this? You can mix the two concepts and get shit like social liberalism but socialism and liberalism are on their own extremely different beliefs.
>>
>>54220540
>You seem really confused about what the two concepts mean as they are actually far removed from eachother ideology-wise.
No, you're just being an idiot. If anything, all mainstrain politics today are left-wing, including conservatism, as they're all derived from liberalism.

The only "right-wing" politics left are the neoreactionaries.

But yes, do go on about how liberalism, literally the core of the left, isn't leftist.
>>
>>54220604
Oh I see you're one of those delusional faggots I've heard so much about.
>>
>>54220640
>lol how dare you expect me to explain myself
>like look it up yourself sweety :)
K Y S
Y
S
>>
File: Man skall vara seriös.jpg (56KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Man skall vara seriös.jpg
56KB, 400x300px
>>54220690
If you'd understand how things works you'd realise that it's you. ie, the one coming with the original claim that have to explain yourself. Idiotic circular rhetoric like you just did doesn't count.

Why do you want me to kill myself. Can't you handle it when someone isn't immediatly onboard with your personal retardation?
>>
>>54207249
You ever think that it's kinda fucked up just how broad the terms "liberal" and "conservative" have come to be? Like they cover such wide, varied, and patchwork collections of ideologies.

You'd think "liberal" would just mean, "believes in higher government spending and power" but it's got so many more little caveats and extra meanings attached.
>>
>>54207680
This thread reminds me why I fucking hate women and it's kinda depressing.
>>
>>54220868
It's not a "little caveat". "Higher government power" includes "higher government control over arms".
>>
>>54220604
Anyone who tries to make a distinction between liberalism and leftism, like >>54220540 this faggot, is only making a barefaced attempt at normalizing socialism. Liberalism is leftism, period. Socialism doesn't deserve a seat at the table.
>>
>>54220971
How much more control can the US have? Because despite what you think, they will NEVER take away your guns, it would cause an immediate military rebellion, you fucking retard.
>>
>>54221034
>Hurr durr I don't know what a spectrum is hurr durr
>>
>>54221036
>you have nothing to worry about XD
Why so defensive?
>>
>>54221068
You're certainly on the spectrum. Liberalism might be deflected this way or that on certain issues but on the grand scheme it's just one more step on the leftist ladder.
>>
>>54196234
If the DM starts waving/stabbing it around, it's a problem. If he's using it purely as a visual prop, your friend is retarded.
>>
>>54221092
I'm not i'm just sick of morons saying "muh guns taken away", it will never happen.
>>
>>54221131
No, you're being very defensive. I didn't opine one way or another about gun rights; only clarified why arms control falls perfectly in line with your definition of "liberal".
Do you have an agenda you'd like to share with us?
>>
>>54200159
What a bitch. My dad was in Vietnam, killed people at close range, and loves guns.
>>
File: melnik1.jpg (69KB, 720x508px) Image search: [Google]
melnik1.jpg
69KB, 720x508px
>>54220868
>"liberal" would just mean, "believes in higher government spending and power"

That's almost the complete opposite of what liberalism stands for.

>>54221034
Socialism and liberalism are fundamentally opposed to each other. The former is all about having the state protecting the wellbeing of the individual while the latter is all about individual rights and freedoms. Pic related makes a decent job of highlightning the main differences between socialism and liberalism in particular. You guys should have really payed attention in school.

Strangely enough it seems that only americans have trouble with differenting liberalism and socialism. Is it due to your current political climate?
>>
File: incredulous_frog.jpg (19KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
incredulous_frog.jpg
19KB, 306x306px
>>54196289
Factual statement. The irrational fear of weaponry is the sign of a weak, inferior mind. And unlike 80% of "phobias" this irrational fear actually exists.

I clean pistols at my gaming table, and because I only play with actual men (and two women of the superior variety) it is a non-issue. Everyone else should do the rest of civilization a favor and hang themselves.

In fact, in my long experience with firearms, it has been my express experience that the people who grew irrationally afraid of ebil guns are exclusively white middle class privileged coast-people. Frankly, check your privilege. As a proud Chicano who shot children in Afghanistan so that you could drive your VW Microbus to your non-work job, I have more of a right to an opinion than you. I have fired my CCW four times in self defense on three different occasions. How dare you even speak, you bourgeois pig?
>>
>>54221245
Don't be daft. Classical liberalism hasn't been the meaning of "liberal" for decades. Justin Trudeau is part of the "Liberal" Party of Canada.
t. leaf
>>
>>54221168
No, the first it will never happen post was my first in the thread, I have no agenda, and am not being defensive.
>>
>>54221245
Maybe 120 years ago when words actually had definitions. Name a single program championed by "liberals" today that isn't more government spending. Name one.
>>
>>54221291
Why reply, then?
>>
File: 048.jpg (22KB, 200x280px) Image search: [Google]
048.jpg
22KB, 200x280px
>>54221131
Of course. Good Little Leftists have had their fingie-wingies broken badly in the last few months. In fact, the Left doesn't exist anymore. Nigger-king Obama tried his bestest to steal my property but he failed. His teeth are scattered across the pavement. Looking forward to dying of old age before we get another leftist criminal in the SCOTUS.
>>
>>54221328
It's like I'm really on arfcom
>>
>>54221356
I've never owned a firearm. I just like it when criminals get BTFO. Since the Democratic Party is objectively the party of thieves, murderers and criminals, holding them down and breaking their fingers is pleasurable to me.
>>
>>54221279
>>54221299

Current political atmospheres in countries are irrelevant to the actual meaning of words and definitions.

Just because someone call themselves X doesn't mean that they are one. I guess you lot support the notion that people can actually change their sex aswell.
>>
File: 1496125455989.png (251KB, 599x954px) Image search: [Google]
1496125455989.png
251KB, 599x954px
>>54221411
Not their sex, but perhaps their gender. Since all things are social constructs, it follows logically that if enough people decide that a mental illness is legitimate, then it is.
>>
>>54221411
>Current political atmospheres in countries are irrelevant to the actual meaning of words and definitions.
You couldn't be more wrong.
>>
>>54196289
Yep. This.
>>
>>54206012
Leftism is exactly to blame for this. She's acting like a typical 3rd wave feminist.
>>
>>54221411
>he's been referring to the American left this whole time
>you knew damn well what he's referring to
>"lol liberalism was classically a right wing ideology so they're all righties"
Friendly reminder that arguing with commies is a waste of them and they should just be put to the firing squad.
>>
>>54196473
>first time was when some of us decided to bring nerf guns in and have some fun (everyone in the office knew, and our supervisor had aside a very specific time for the nerf war to happen so no one would get a surprise dart to the eye while they were working on something important, even brought his kid's guns to give out to people who didn't have any

That sounds rad as shit.
>>
>>54207446
>If you kill your enemies, you strengthen the ideology they're promoting
Wrong. Kill all of them.
>>
>>54221257
Nice b8 m8

8/10
>>
>>54197202
>>54197184
I always point to England's war against assault knives whenever someone says that banning guns will stop violence.

Maybe some day we can return to a time where you could wear sword and pistol as a matter of day to day life.
>>
>>54220746
>If you'd understand how things works you'd realise that it's you. ie, the one coming with the original claim that have to explain yourself.

>>54217491
>I'm saying what we call "left" and "right" are just right-leaning distractions.
>>54219332
>Except liberalism literally is not leftism

So how about that original claim you made, nigger?

>Why do you want me to kill myself. Can't you handle it when someone isn't immediatly onboard with your personal retardation?
No, I want you to kill yourself because you're a shit-licking waste of breath.

>>54221245
>policy is the definition of ideology
No, Socialism and classical liberalism are both still leftist, even if the former is focused on economic equality and the latter economic individualism.
Both are concerned with equality of men in general, the destruction of traditional hierarchy and order, and the political agency of the common man rather than aristocratic or oligarchic control.

In short, you're a shallow idiot who can only look skin-deep into things and who would probably call communism and classical liberalism totally different and unrelated ideologies, while saying that communism and national socialism were near the same thing because "DAE LE STATE CONTROL"

This is why you should kill yourself, because you lack all but the most banal of insight into political philosophy and think yourself to be intelligent regardless. You're not smart, you're just an idiot who's full of himself.
>>
>>54221411
>the meanings of words are absolute and immutable
Can you hear that, anon?
It's the sound of every linguist on Earth dying from laughter.
>>
>>54199529
The greatest irony about America liberalism is that classic Liberalism is insanely right wing.

You get all these commies and socialists saying "I'm a classic liberal" and I find it hilarious.
>>
>>54221672
>classic Liberalism is insanely right wing.
It's not.
The individualism of classical liberalism, and later the hyper-individualism of libertarianism and anarchism, are about as left wing as collectivist economics.
>>
>>54201379
>We just prefer actually deadly weapons to not be quite so easily accessible to the assorted madmen, radicals, depressives and lunatics the human race keeps throwing up.
Shit nigger, you banned rocks yet? How about bricks? Hammers? Shovels? Fists?
>>
>>54221742
Don't forget newspaper; can make pretty damn good shivs and clubs out of those.
>>
>>54221480
Eventually the meaning of words changes, that's undisputed. The actual meaning however remains in place and in this particular instance, i.e the definition of liberalism and socialism etc. the proper definition is still the one vastly more in use. Just because your particular sub-unit of humanity chooses to 1984 words doesn't mean that the rest of the world have to buy your reinterpretation.

>>54221569
>he's been referring to the American left this whole time
>you knew damn well what he's referring to

I'm not obliged to go along with his bullshit just because it might hurt his fee-fees or confuse him. The fact remains that liberalism and socialism are two vastly different and opposing ideologies.
Just because he have a particular problem with wolves in sheep's clothing (socialists that hide under the label of liberal) doesn't mean that I should ignore it. In fact I would argue that I'm somewhat morally obliged to point the problem out to him.
>I'm suddenly a commie for defending the proper usage of the term liberal.
gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8.

>"lol liberalism was classically a right wing ideology so they're all righties"

Nice strawman buddy. If you'd read my comments you'd noticed that my point is actually the complete obvious.
You can't possible be so retarded to really asume that my indirect warning of wolves in sheep's clothing was actually an implicit support of said wolves.
Jag tycker inte att du är tillräckligt seriös. Man skall vara seriös.jpg
>>
>>54203033
>I feel knife and gun control is part of a greater scheme to remove self-actualization and ability to be self-sufficient from people.
They don't even hide it, either. "It's okay, the police will protect me XD" shit bugs the fuck out of me. Do they not know it takes fucking time for cops to get anywhere?

>>54203086
>implying gun grabbing isn't a current hotbed political topic
>>
>>54221834
SVERJE
JA
>>
>>54221838
Don't forget those same people believe cops are evil baby-killers that walk down city streets shooting every nigger they see.
>>
File: 1447129236371.jpg (56KB, 800x804px) Image search: [Google]
1447129236371.jpg
56KB, 800x804px
>>54221834
>claims americans are wrong
>posts in swedish
>>
>>54205421
While I agree with you, you need to be more subtle with how you phrase it. Start by bringing up that modern day women are miserable as fuck, and how female sufferage and the first two waves of feminism was more or less a con by the higher ups to drive wages down by doubling the workforce over night.

When you start out with that shit you sound reasonable. But if you go all "women's rights were a mistake" there's a lot of kneejerk reactions.

I'm surrrrre modern day leftism's love of feminism has nothing to do with most women voting liberal...
>>
>>54207336
>>54207349
People have this misconception about Canada.

Yes, Ontario and Toronto especially are basically California on roids. Urban Canada is shit in general.

But rural Canada is awesome, and there's a lot more of it.
>>
>>54221651
>who would probaly call communism and classical liberalism totally different and unrelated ideologies

They are two totally different ideologies. They sure as fuck aren't unrelated though.

>Socialism and classical liberalism are both still leftist
I apologise if I've made it appear that I've disagreed with that notion. The truth is that I quite ironically for my argumentation fell into the trap of seeing socialism when I read leftism.
Socialism and classic liberalism are ofcourse leftist in the sense of their origin as opposition to conservatism.

>>54221667
Nice strawman mate. We've been over this.

>>54221672
>classic Liberalism is insanely right wing.

No it's not you absolute dickhead.
>>
>>54207501
This anon gets it.
>>
File: 210pxGustavIIAdolfofSweden.jpg (17KB, 210x262px) Image search: [Google]
210pxGustavIIAdolfofSweden.jpg
17KB, 210x262px
>>54221866
>>54221943

Sverige indeed ja!
>>
>>54221999
>No it's not you absolute dickhead.
Okay, I'll call you on this. How doesn't classical liberalism align with the modern concepts of right wing political thought?
>>
File: BRUH.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
BRUH.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>54196289
very much this OP.
>>
>>54196473
Dude fuck this bitch. Bet she has no real friends.
Why are you playing with her?
>>
>>54221672
>classic Liberalism is insanely right wing
t. commie
>>
>>54221999
>Socialism and classic liberalism are ofcourse leftist in the sense of their origin as opposition to conservatism.
The thing is that conservatism, also being borne from classical liberalism in the same way that modern liberalism was, is also leftist in itself. It's just leftism that says "okay, let's stop here"

The best way to say this is what they actually mean:
Modern liberalism (progressivism) wants to keep going; it wants to keep refining, redefining, and changing society in the pursuit of a better one.
Conservatism thinks what we have, or what we had a few decades ago, is the pinnacle of what society should be, and as such wants to preserve and conserve it.

Both are left wing, as both are derived from classical liberalism; they just take it to differing extents.

This is what I meant earlier by "reactionaries are the only true right-wingers", as unlike conservatives who want to preserve an earlier state of modern society, reactionaries want to revert to a state BEFORE classical liberalism, and the enlightenment itself, took a major foothold.
>>
>>54222093
Considering how libertarianism is basically classical liberalism with a heavy dose of autism, I don't see how he's wrong.
>>
>>54222051
> How doesn't classical liberalism align with the modern concepts of right wing political thought?

Because it's fundamentally about individual freedom and the non-reliance on respecting or adhering to cultural or social norms which is directly opposed to the concept of right wing political thought.
>>
>>54222147
> about individual freedom and the non-reliance on respecting or adhering to cultural or social norms which is directly opposed to the concept of right wing political thought.
Not modern day left/right.
>>
>>54222109
>Both are left wing, as both are derived from classical liberalism; they just take it to differing extents.

That's completely missing the point I've been making. Perhaps we've just been talking around eachother. I must confess to having a tendency for doing that.

My position is, and I apologise if this will be hard to understand as I'm struggling against my language barrier, that it's the fundamental notion rather than the actual details of the persons' opinion that one would have to use to label a person as the political climate changes.
To keep it basic: An aversion to fixing what isn't deemed broken would be a conservative tendency where as the opinion that the state shouldn't impose itself on the individual would be a liberal tendency. The fact that the conservative tendency is based on a liberal fundament wouldn't effect that. As such reactionaries are just an extreme of conservatism as it wants to draw the line in the sand even further back than the "liberally based conservative".
My main gripe with your way of going about it is that you can always go back to a time where a conservative idea (in the don't rock the boat-sense) would be deemed non-conservative. Likewise a progressivistic idea could always (in hindsight) be labeled a conservative one due to societal changes.
>>
>>54222340
Then please enlighten me regarding your understanding of modern day left/right 'cause that sure as shit nails it as far as where I'm from.
t. citizen of a social democratic society.
>>
>>54222440

Not him, but classic liberalism embraces the small state and the free market. Those ideas are also popular on the liberal and moderate right wing.

You also have to factor in the post-modernist far left as part of the modern left. Their obsession with extreme political correctness actually makes them highly authoritarian. Unlike the hippies they're sometimes compared to, the post-modernist far left are not even really counter-cultural (apart from the narrow area of non-binary gender, which they don't even all agree on) because political correctness is an institutional norm routinely found in places of education, government and the workplace.
>>
>>54222761
>post-modernist far left
As you yourself said it's an authoritarian movement making it an anti-liberal position seeing as telling people what they can and cannot say goes against the fundamental core of liberalism.
>>
>>54219290
Poorly made burger trash doesn't count. If you're a fudd who owns a 700 kys
>>
>>54222761
At least in the US, modern liberals aren't for free markets. Their biggest hero, FDR was in no way for truly free markets. The mainstream left, and right for that matter, both seem to think the government needs to help "fix" the economy. Just look at how the us govt responded to 2008
>>
>>54221131
>the Raj
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.