[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 36

File: 1460172307702.jpg (56KB, 561x724px) Image search: [Google]
1460172307702.jpg
56KB, 561x724px
SMITHING and FORGING edition

>Unearthed Arcana: Revised Class Options:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/June5UA_RevisedClassOptv1.pdf

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously, on /5eg/
>>54189138

>Dungeon Masters:
Would you let a PC that is also a blacksmith forge a +3 magic weapon?

>Players:
Have you ever seen a PC successfully forge a magic weapon?
>>
Hard mode- it has to be at least 75% Warlock levels, literally everything I can think of is just Warlock 3/something else X.
>>
What are some good riddles and puzzles for a vampire's keep?
>>
File: 1481262990197.png (83KB, 300x249px) Image search: [Google]
1481262990197.png
83KB, 300x249px
>>54194142
FUCK I forgot to copy the entire post

What are some Warlock meme builds?

Hard mode- it has to be at least 75% Warlock levels, literally everything I can think of is just Warlock 3/something else X
>>
>>54194144
knock knock
who's there?
*snaps your neck*
>>
Magic item creation is kind of fucked RAW. I'd probably just give the go ahead to whatever but say they need monster parts for it so there's at least something other than spending gold and downtime involved
>>
File: nCHXKC4.png (2MB, 1012x1228px) Image search: [Google]
nCHXKC4.png
2MB, 1012x1228px
>>54193912
I asked this last night but I fell asleep before I noticed whether or not anyone replied to me so I guess I'll ask again.

I've heard artificer isn't a very good class so I'm looking for an alternative that could work for a brewmaster/battle chef sort of character? I don't really care about playstyle much as long as it fits the theme well.

Artificer seemed perfect but I really have no desire to play one if I'm going to feel useless the entire time I'm playing.
>>
>>54194142
>>54194171
Raven Warlock/Rogue V.Human with Observant Feat and start with 16 WIS and CHA.

You have 25 Passive Perception right at level 2.
>>
>>54194195
>tfw my DM doesn't even use Passive Perception when I have a 20
>>
>>54194171
Paladin 2 / Bladelock X
This fix the bladelock.
>>
File: Bee Face.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Bee Face.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Still want to know if there's a good reason for this.

Why is Master of Myriad Forms a 15th level invocation and not a 9th level one, when you can get Mask of Many Faces at level 2?

It's only a level 2 spell, and while it's rad is it really 13 levels more rad?

Is it really so much to ask to turn into a giant bee man and sting my enemies to death before I'm practically epic level?
>>
>>54194223
I'm personally a fan of Fighter 1/Bladelock X. Doesn't require a complete fuck around of roleplaying to do and what does 2 levels of Paladin even give you? Some smites? I'd rather be casting spells like Fire Shield with my nonstop Fiendlock Temp HP.
>>
> use animate dead on goblin corpse
> it become a medium size skeleton / zombie

5e is silly sometime.
>>
File: 1493605126601.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
1493605126601.gif
613KB, 498x498px
>>54194223
I suppose that works but I can't help but feel like Warlock 2/Paladin X is just flat better.
>>
>>54194250
The bones are held together with magic right? Maybe they're not held together as close as they were when it was alive. Spaced out goblin bones sounds pretty creepy.
>>
>>54194171
Feylock5/SorcererX for slow+repel+agonizing
Fighter2/Warlock2/SorcererX
Warlock2/AbjurationwizardX
Tomelock3/PaladinX
Undyinglightwarlock1/Firesorcerer6/someotherstuffIguess

Use the UA for that 'see through walls' ability and not the revised version and be broken.

Cleric3/Warlock9 for aid spell dispenser.

Yeah, no, there are no genuine warlock builds that use any notable number of warlock levels.
>>
>>54193938
But aren't I supposed to do an initial reading before running it?
>>
>>54194249
Smite and Spell. Paladin can change their spell daily, so that will increase your versatility and utility. Maybe save your warlock spell known.
>>
>>54194274
That's kind of horrifying. Like it just stretches skin and muscle between the skeleton bits to make it complete, so it looks like some sort of bethesda game glitch monster
>>
>>54194264
Paladin get +CHA to saving throw
Warlock get +CHA to damage

It's depend on what you want.
>>
>>54194289
Thinking about it I could probably do [any class with Archery style 2]/ Fey Bladelock with the meme bow and just be a Short Rest Ranger.
>>
>>54194289
Undyinglight doesn't exist anymore.
>>54194324
Memebow doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>54194343
They didn't outright say old Invocations were no longer valid so I interpret it as only the ones that got new versions being nerfed.
>>
>>54194368
Nothing in the UAs is actually valid. It's all playtest crap. You can choose to use it if you want but don't mistake any of it for an official release. When the guide to everything comes out we'll get the official versions of all these invocations and subclasses.
>>
File: 1370876285762.jpg (12KB, 208x229px) Image search: [Google]
1370876285762.jpg
12KB, 208x229px
Idea for my Wild Magic sorcerer tweak

Wild Magic
When you cast a sorcerer spell of 1st level or higher, you can roll a d20. If it lands on a 1, you may roll on the Wild Magic table. You may use sorcery points to increase the chances by 1 per sorcery point. as a bonus action on your turn.

(Variant)
If the DM chooses, the number of times you can roll on the Wild Magic table is equal to your constitution modifier.

This makes it so by level 20 you can automatically roll on the Wild Magic table at will, and takes the "if the DM says" part out of it.
>>
>>54194368
But they did.
> One ofthe main pieces of feedback we got about the Eldritch Invocations is that you didn’t want them exclusive to particula rOtherworldly Patron options, so we’ve opened them up to more warlocks,tweaked them,and cut the least popular ones.

Do you even read? Mr."that guy"?
>>
File: V8.jpg (23KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
V8.jpg
23KB, 500x213px
>>54193912
Guess i'll repost
artificer can be good depending on how much you can use your tool proficiencies, but even then they still need a bit of a buff, which they might be getting cause they are getting a revision just before they are made Adventure League legal in the coming weeks (maybe even next week)

i think they need to be made as half casters and not quarter
>>
>>54194324
Actually thinking on this
>Fighter Champion 3/Fey Warlock X
>Elven Accuracy at 7, Sharpshooter at 11 if the game gets that far
>Memebow
>Stand away from allies
>Cast Darkness on self (Away from allies to not fuck them over)
>Plink away with Super Advantage and an 18 to crit, enemies probably won't want to enter the Darkness with bolts of Moonlight flying out of it
>Should get your Super Smite Crit pretty quickly with an 18 to crit and 3 rolls

Seems to me like it'd be rather strong, and coming online at 7 is "decent" (Though you wouldn't get Extra Attack until 8 with this)

>>54194426
boo, no fun allowed.

Oh well, it was a decent idea.
>>
File: MvHTA.jpg (288KB, 1800x1284px) Image search: [Google]
MvHTA.jpg
288KB, 1800x1284px
>>54194436
If it gets a revision within the next couple of weeks I might be able to make one in time for when I play, but if it's anything later than that I'll probably have to have something else ready ahead of time.

Do any of the other classes offer an even remotely similar theme?

I don't really know how alchemy/potion brewing works in 5e as I'm only familiar with Pathfinder.
>>
besides feats and haste, what can i do to increase my movement?
>>
>>54194506
there is a wizard artificer UA archetype
>>
>>54194513
Multiclass
Get a mount
>>
>>54194236
Alter self is very good for a second level spell, but level 15 seems kind of ridiculous when you could be casting hold monster at will (although only on planar enemies) with Chains of Carceri. It sort of makes sense though if you compare it to the Wizard's Spell Mastery not kicking in until 18th level.
>>
>>54194417
Who chooses the rolled number on the variant rule? player or the dm?
>>
>>54194171

Shadow Monk 6 / Warlock 2-3 / Shadow Monk or Rogue X
Any ranged build splashing Warlock 3 for Darkness+Devil's sight. Hell, any non-Barbarian build.

Hard Mode:
Fighter 1 / Warlock X fixes Bladelock. It's good even on Hexblade.
Paladin 2/ Warlock X also works but is unnecessary with the advent of the generic Smite invocation.
>>
>>54194513
Long stride
>>
>drow as a core race
>tieflings as a core race
>warlock as a core class
>assassin as a core class

Is there a reason 5e panders so much to edgelords? Is this something they did in market research and realized there was this huge demographic of worthless emo fucks who want to play dark brooding faggots and also have tons of cash to spend on 5e products? Holy shit the sheer number of tieflings and drow requests I've seen in the games I run, is overwhelming. I turn down pretty much all of them. Actually, just ASKING to play a tiefling, drow, or warlock is enough to get you kicked out of one of my games. I don't need that gay-ass edgelord shit. I don't even care if you play an evil character, but try harder than tiefling warlock, that is just such absolute garbage i am not even going to give it a chance.
>>
Would the Stealthy feat work well with the One with Shadows invocation (move 10 ft per round for constant invisibility), or would this basically just be like regular sneaking except slower?
>>
>>54194525
Is it worth it? I thought transmuter would probably also fit the theme.
>>
>>54194539
The DM chooses whether you use the variant rule or not, the variant rule is as it stands. The number of times you can roll on the Wild Magic table equals conmod.
>>
>>54194210
Wth that's just asking for perception roll parades
>>
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Yellow_Sun_Kryptonian_%285e_Class%29

How does this make you feel?
>>
>>54194600
Or you can not be a faggot DM and find ways to separate the one with high passive perception from the group
>>
>>54194532
I forgot about Spell Mastery, but that sort of makes me more grouchy about this. A wizard can pick pretty much any arcane spell of first or second level, and change it once per day. The Warlock has to spend an invocation for limited versions of limited spell choices. Blech.

JUST LET US BE BEE MEN!
>>
>>54194600
It's become something of a running joke that I roll for perception at least once per room, if not more for places like long hallways.
>>
>>54194574
Honestly I do agree a fair bit.

Tiefling and Warlock are both carry overs from 4e Core, and I hate them. Warlock's fluff can easily be done by a Cleric, Sorcerer or Paladin and only exists for people to dip 2-3 levels into. If I could ban a single Core class without being an ass it would probably be Warlock. A lot of people like it so I put up with it though.

As for Drow, I would've liked them to be in the SCAG. I have no issues with someone playing one as long as they're not an idiot, but if it's core then why not Deep Gnomes and Duergar Dwarves?

Tiefling is honestly not really redeemable. If they were like the old versions where they still looked human I could like them, but a bunch of red devil people are just silly.

Assassin... Really is just a Rogue with a focus on damage and disguises. I've got no issue with it.
>>
>>54194652
Everyone got their panties in a twist about Dragonborn being a core race when 4e came out, but before that everyone was bending over backwards to make half-dragon characters, so, you know. Whatever.

I agree Drow should have been SCAG though. Fuck those guys.
>>
File: 1406158588916.jpg (200KB, 630x918px) Image search: [Google]
1406158588916.jpg
200KB, 630x918px
Threadly reminder solid objects block spells.

Shooting a fireball through a glass window just means it'll explode on the first solid thing it hits, i.e. the glass pane.

Being underwater also provides you total cover from someone outside the water.
>>
>>54194495
I think I'll actually go with this.

But now the question is- how do I do this well so it's not just "Elf Archer"?

Or even worse- "Elf Archer with a SOOPER COOL SPESHAL BOW PLS LOOK AT ME"?

What kind of background/personality isn't painfully overdone for Elf Archers at this point?
>>
File: vKDXo.jpg (49KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
vKDXo.jpg
49KB, 331x331px
>>54194191
>>54194506
>>54194583
>>
File: latest[1].png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1MB, 1920x1090px
>>54194574
>playing a dark and brooding warlock or assassin

Why would you do that, when you can play a happy version of either?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDr9axb7X7E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eyfuCMXzXg
>>
Key points or Kai points
>>
File: paprika parade.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
paprika parade.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
How do I turn this into an encounter
>>
>>54194930
Key.
>>
>>54194930
Key.
>>
>>54194930
key
>>
What Feat should I take for my Vhuman Zealot Barbarian?

I'm going Sword 'n Board so no GWM memes. I'm thinking Resilient (Wis) is going to have the most mileage.
>>
>>54194933
The parade is based on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyakki_Yagy%C5%8D
If you want to replicate Paprika's, lots of constructs (animated dolls), bullywugs (frog people), one ogre or anything big to be the king.
>>
>>54194871
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>54195047
That or alert would generally be my first choices when the fighting feats are ruled out. Resilient probably wouldn't feel very impressive at lower levels though
>>
>>54195047
Mobile could be cool, but not that impressive.
>>
>>54195177
Yeah the implication is that it will be reaching high levels

>>54195216
Well as a Barbarian I'll already be moving pretty quick
>>
>>54195216
+10 movement speed by itself can be pretty cool, at least in my experience
>>
>>54195166
b8, and not an argument.
>>
>>54194709
>water is a solid
>>
>>54195223
GOTTA GO FAST(ER)
For real though, +10 speed and dashing through difficult terrain can be quite nice, plus no opportunity attacks.
Situational at best, but cool overall.
>>
Ever had the climactic fight of the game just be perfect?

My players just finished Tiamat, and ended the campaign. The fight was just sick because of the series of stupidly good rolls. For reference, we roll in a dice tray in the middle of the table, no fudges, no cheating.

>Group is Eldritch Knight, Open Hand Monk, Ancients Paladin and Strength Rogue/Barbarian
>Confront Tiamat with a badass "Oh Boy, finally you came out" attitude.
>Actually taunt her, and proceeds to ignore her and talk amongst themselves.
>Kinda worried if they can even win.
>Literally dont roll below 15, and is just smacking her around not taking enough damage in return
>They quickly go through her legendary resistances
>Tiamat almost at 20% HP and I don't think I have done more than half of any of their HP.
>Rolled a hit of 27 on the EK
>Misses because Shield, he decides to use this opportunity to literally run up on Tiamat and attacking her from her back.
>Monk gets a stun through, no resistances left to help
>Paladin starts climbing to get a higher ground.
>Tiamat attempts to fly away after recovering
>Rogue Grabs her and throws her back on the ground
>Paladin man drops from a high ledge with his great sword
>Tiamat almost dead
>Strikes out at Eldritch Knight
>Blocked by shield again
>Gets taken out
>Nobody dropped below 50% health, Paladin tells the Monk to suck up the burns he took.
>wonders if Dragon queen tastes good, as they set up a camp.
I mean, it WAS an epic final battle, but damn I did not expect them to win this hard. I rolled like dogshit and aside from the monk, nobody rolled less than 10 at any point during that fight.

And Jesus Christ optimised Paladins and Fighters do a lot of damage, holy fuck.
>>
DMs how do you typically run random encounters?
>>
>>54194709
It is a tragedy that you can't see how wrong you are, but at least you know you are a faggot if that picture is anything to go by.
>>
>>54195377
>RULES OF NATURE
>>
File: Olaf Ironbeard The Mage Smith.jpg (213KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Olaf Ironbeard The Mage Smith.jpg
213KB, 663x1000px
>>54194108
>DM question
If I was running a high fantasy campaign and the player expended the necessary funds and time to acquire raw materials and forge them together to make the magic weapon / armor, then I would probably allow it.

Speaking of forging and magic, I have an idea for a mountain dwarf transmutation wizard smith who uses his magic to primarily further his skills in smithing. This idea primary came to mind after I stumbled across the Fabricate spell. I love the though of a smith using the combination of his knowledge in smithing and his skills in magic to instantly make beautiful and sturdy sets of armor and weaponry.
>>
>>54195395
Make a table of encounters, roll on the table per amount of time passing, have the encounters make sense in context.
>creatures native to the area
>roaming patrol parties
>various bounty hunters coming after the party
>>
>>54195426
Do you allow your players to avoid it or is it just typically sprung on them?
>>
Any DM here uses some kind of Downtime for their players? Do you use the UA stuff?
Planning on adding it to my campaign, unsure of the results or how over the top the numbers on the UA are.
>>
>>54195047
charger maybe?
>>
>>54195395
I have some generic level-appropriate stat blocks that i use for random encounters and i refluff them as something relevant to what they are doing.
>>
>>54195377
These stories are honestly the ones that make me think there is a case for fudging rolls as a DM. I want to create tension and a good story. If it's a Tiamat fight there should be some scares. Never dropping below 50% while slapping the end of campaign boss around would be super unsatisfying to me.

I'm glad it sounds like you guys had fun though. Hope the new campaign is as enjoyable if you're all still playing together.
>>
>>54194795
elf archer who was pressured into archery by his elf archer dad. secretly wants to be a greatsword-wielding chad instead.
>>
>>54195448
That would factor into how they're moving or how the encounter is set up. So let's say you have two events-
>Party encounters two giants bullying a smaller one
>party encounters a giant patrol party looking for them, stealth DC15
If you're party's going at a normal or fast pace and not making a point to be stealthy, then they'd come upon the encounter. The first one they wouldn't be noticed since the giants are pre-occupied, the second one they would be noticed OR forced to make stealth checks at a disadvantage since they haven't been making any effort to do so already. If they're all going for some stealthing already, then they'll still be undetected by the first one still, and for the second one you'd refer to the stealth DC for whether the patrol notices them or not, and then they can let it pass by or attack them.
>>
Making a Beastmaster Ranger (Revised) with Magic Initiate. The character is a Sailor.

Which seems better?

>Magic Initiate- Druid
>Mending, Mold Earth, Create or Destroy Water
Fresh water is essential on a ship. This one seems the best from a rp perspective, and with Goodberry I can keep the whole party from starving.
>Mending, Shape Water, Create or Destroy Water
The same as above, except Shape Water means I can create water and use it in combat, making 5ft square ice walls to block hallways or give full cover.

>Magic Initiate- Wizard
>Mending, Mold Earth, Find Familiar
This gives me a scouting option and, more importantly, means I have a way to communicate with my pet from afar if need be.
>>
>>54195549
Life time friends, so yeah.

And they thought it was super satisfying. They went from struggling with small young dragons, to getting to kick Tiamats ass.

They were actively looking to fight her, and was setting up to look awesome if it worked, and like dorks if it failed. There were NPC unlookers as well, so they probably tried to play it up, because if they win, it makes them awesome, and if they lose... Well, then they are dead, so they wont really care.
>>
>>54195609
Shape Water, first because I don't understand why Mold Earth, second is that you can make 5 ft. cubes of ice and ride them over a current!
Also, find familiar working with the animal companion works like that or just houseruling?
>>
blade or book pact for a paladin/warlock?
>>
>>54195739
Book for Shillelagh meme and 2 rituals.
There's hardly anything good from blade that you don't get from paladin already (summoning your weapon)
>>
>>54195734
Yeah Mold Earth is hella useful but not as fitting.

>find familiar working with the animal companion?
Take Raven, Raven can mimic voice commands, teach it a few basic ones.
>>
>>54195739
blade if you want to go full nova. Book if you want utility but lack creativity. Chain if you want all the utility, and have the creativity.
>>
>>54195771
Ah, I see, thought you wanted to make your animal companion a familiar, but I gotta say:
>Not making a Parrot familiar instead.
>>
>>54195398
Nice evidence based argument.
>>
>>54195795
Refluffed Raven as parrot is a good idea
>>
>>54195739
I dont understand what blade even gives you, cha to damage at level 12?
>>
I know Mood Druids are good at low levels and alright at late levels but are they fun?

I'm really not sure if I should go Land for more spells or Moon for Giant Spider form.
>>
>>54195781
>Full nova

You need maxed Charisma to do more average damage than Improved Divine Smite.

>>54195899

Almost literally nothing: weapon bond so you can shunt and summon your weapon as an action.
>>
>>54195899
Really just a ranged attack. If you're going in that direction I would just only take a second level of warlock at 12th level (or does that invocation requirement mean it needs 12 warlock levels?) and mostly go paladin
>>
>>54195986
Go Moon but take 5 Barbarian levels so your beast forms wreck face.
>>
>>54196051
err third level I mean
>>
>>54196051
>>54196070
Invocation level prereqs are Warlock levels.
>>
>>54196059
I'd really rather not cause I plan to be a Druid, even Moon Druid is still primarily a caster most the day.

Also extra attack isn't worth it over being in 1CR higher forms, you only take 2 levels of Barbarian for that build.
>>
File: Haymaker clarification.png (66KB, 1598x420px) Image search: [Google]
Haymaker clarification.png
66KB, 1598x420px
Reminder that Pugilist can max out all fireball spells they cast through Haymaker.
>>
>>54196089
3 for Bear Totem
5 for Extra Attack on Crag Cat and later Allosaurus and Giant Elk - totally worth it.
>>
>>54194574

>latest character is a Tiefling GOOlock
>he's the party face and is fairly genial
>usually stops the other party members from getting too edgy
>even replies to copypasta
>>
>>54196208
Doesn't it say on an attack roll? There's probably some spell you could get that to apply to though
>>
>>54196211
>5 for Extra Attack on Crag Cat and later Allosaurus and Giant Elk - totally worth it.
I literally disproved this shit like 4 threads ago. Giant ass wall of text and math, basically it's not worth it at all. You're much better offr getting acess to Giant Scorpian.

I could see an argument for Druid 2, Barbarian 2, Druid 12-15, Barbarian 5 and then the rest in Druid... but getting CR4 forms is much better then extra attack and CR3 forms.
>>
>>54196208
Oh look, terrible homebrew with "official" rulings, how important.
>>
>>54194574
I play a tiefling pally who is born human and had a demon partially corrupt his form and on occasion personality, only have one small horn.

Would you still hate me and say i'm not redeemable?
>>
>>54196269
I'd like to see this math where the Giant Scorpion is more durable and does more damage than a Raging Crag Cat or Cave Bear.
>>
>>54196258
Yes, you have to make an attack first, but if you are hasted or have quicken spell you can still cast after attacking. This also affects Sneak Attack.

>>54196272
A lot of people use this class in their home games. I'm sure most don't know that Haymaker does this so having some form of clarification helps.
>>
>>54196362
>A lot of people use this class in their home games
A lot of people use d&dwiki too, doesn't make it a good decision, and shouldn't be encouraged.
>>
>>54196315
From where do you draw your power
Let me state this real calmly
Teiflings got devil blood flowing through their veins
And while devils dont happen to be AS unnatural as demons the world as a whole (assuming we are going gaia theory on the whole "where paladins and druids get power if not from a god") thing
Why the fuck would the planet or whatever forces command your oath give a man with devil blood in his veins power
Or if you serve a god the gods are harsh why the fuck would they hand over power to a person who is literally part devil

I dont like teiflings for 2 reason the literal 3 classes i without fail see them played as
Warlock
Paladin
Rogue
Now the warlock i agree on it makes sense
The rogue makes sense cause teiflings are pushed to be "chaotic" and edgy so whatever
But why in the fuck did anybody get in their head that a literal "devil kin" has access to either the powers of the gods or that whatever gives power to oath of ____ paladins is gonna let a devil just waltz in and have that

And the other one is that somehow they still exist at all even though clerics have exterminated way more for way less reasons
>>
>Decide to try dming
>Get a few friends from the old town I used to live in who still keep in touch with me on discord
>A few people on the server notice and ask to join
>"Yeah sure come make a character"
>Now I have 8 people all wanting to play d&d and I've never been a dm before
I was expecting to play with 4 but I didn't want to say no, I really don't know how to balance around such a party size, some people made more comedic characters, some people are more serious, and I feel like I need to come in and

Should I just run it kind of it like a modified West Marches thing but with more of a focus on less serious jobs they have to get done? I don't think I could run what I had planned with this group size
>>
>never played before and am going to attempt DMing a group of first timers
I feel like this is going to be a disaster but wish me luck
>>
>>54196496
You could just split them into two different groups if you have the time, having a group that large especially as a first timer is going to be a struggle
>>
>>54196496
>First time dm'ing
>Not learning to say no
Dude come on
Man up you have to say no to a couple of people
Or you can just run stuff thats more or less one shots over and over untill you root out "Those guys" and the people who dont really want to play d&d
>>
>>54196521
I believe in you Anon.
>>
>>54196362
pretty sure sneak attack can never effect an attack that you would have disadvantage on.
>>
>>54196521
Anon your gonna do great! Have fun!
>>
File: Advantage and Disadvantage.png (278KB, 700x184px) Image search: [Google]
Advantage and Disadvantage.png
278KB, 700x184px
>>54196614
It continues to shock me that people still don't know that if you have advantage you cancel out all forms of disadvantage. And vise versa.
>>
>>54196208
reminder that its dandwiki tier trash and you can make anything you want for example here is my class

level 1 you have 40000 HP, AC, and always hit and do 6999923582509509 damage
>>
>>54196436
>Why would gods/spiritual powers of Good (who are inherently big on redeming/uplifting evil characters into their side, either from a spiritual reason or just simply so they don't benefit Evil) give abilities that can be taken away if they don't act within a very set code of ethics to a race that by RAW and lore can be any alignment without penalty

Not only are you racist towards imaginary races, you're pretty shortsighted too.
>>
>>54196837
>Acting as if gods have a well of magic that just fills up everyday
you tell me if you stared a red man in the face who you know most of their kind to be "Chaotic and dont really care about others" you would give him a share of your power as a "chance"

Still tell me how and why the clerics and paladins of the world havent rooted them out again
Teiflings are people who WILLINGLY MADE A DEAL WITH A DEVIL
why the fuck do gods allow them to just show up in places where organized religion exist

Im racist agianst teiflings cause i've never met a person who wasent edgy who wanted to play one and thats the only purpose they serve
>>
>>54194108
>Dungeon Masters:
Would you let a PC that is also a blacksmith forge a +3 magic weapon?

No are you high?

I mean if they're really set on it then it would require.

>Somehow finding a formula on how to craft it.
>Proficiency and possession of magic item crafting tools
>Completing a quest to obtain specific rare components to craft it
>An additional 25,000 GP of components you'd need to find within populace cities
>2000 days of downtime to craft it
>If that downtime is interrupted by anything strenuous like a combat or earthquake a DC 15 concentration check is needed to maintain crafting or all progress is lost.
>Three successful DC 20 craft checks within that downtime(one every 666 days roughly ) before three failures or the item is mangled and unusable and all components lost. (If I'm feeling nice I'd just make it cursed, but I rarely feel nice)
>>
>>54196899
I played a Tiefling cleric of Tymora. He fought things with a trident. He once used banishing smite on a guy in a bar fight.
>>
>>54196916
you just gave me a idea for a magical sword
Old artificer lost his crazy smithin magic a long time ago now whenever he tries to make a blade they come out twisted and baiscally humps of metal mounted to a hilt
But they are still usable
like a sword that is a +1-3 weapon but everytime you hit with it you take its magical + in force damage
Name it somthing edgy and you got your self a early magic item
>>
>>54196521
Run a module and use premade characters.

Seriously. This will make life ten times easier for you. If the players complain they want to run their own characters or a 'unique' adventure just tell them that you're doing it this way so that you can all learn the game together and after that can homebrew up characters and adventures.

I'd advice the Lost Mine of Phandelver in the starter set as it comes with premade and is well written.
>>
>>54195406
Seems a bit like cheating, cheapening the craft and the decades of training.

I play as a forge cleric and he pretty much has a non-compete agreement as part of his religious doctrine, only allowed to "magic up" goods in defence of life or if there are no qualified tradesmen within ten leagues.
>>
>>54196922
saying my trigger words like this how could you
>>
>>54194191
dm here anon, talk to your dm about it and buff it if you fee useless
>>
File: Disdain For Plebs.jpg (26KB, 393x462px) Image search: [Google]
Disdain For Plebs.jpg
26KB, 393x462px
>>54194623
>https://www.dandwiki.com
>>
>>54196939
that sounds retarded
>>
>>54197023
Y-you sound retarded hah got em
>>
>>54197040
stop typing like a nigger

this is why degeneracy is rampant in the empire
>>
>>54197052
>Not using capitalization and proper grammar

You are part of the uneducated problem as he is.
>>
>>54196899
Don't worry as the good purge still continues.
>>
>>54195806
>evidence
Dude, you are actually retarded if you need evidence to tell you why you are wrong.

Water is not solid. I sincerely hope you dont need any more information than that.
>>
>>54195289
Cover=/=solid
It means being harder to see; water provides cover for two reasons.

One, kinetic energy is vastly reduced by water. 4-5 feet of water slows down bullets to the point of uselessness (Mythbusters prioved this one).

Two, refraction means you don't necessarily hit the thing you are aiming at. Distortion is pretty bad, and most animals that hunt outside the water for things in the water have evolved methods for doing so. If you're in moving water, you have cover.
>>
>>54196916
>If that downtime is interrupted by anything strenuous like a combat or earthquake a DC 15 concentration check is needed to maintain crafting or all progress is lost.
What?

That makes no fucking sense.

The rest is fine though. It needs to be ridiculously difficult and time consuming. I kinda feel like certain types of characters have it easier when making it though.

What attribute do you use for crafting? DC20 is not that bad for a high level character. Assuming +5 proficiency and +5 in the related attribute, that's +10, add bonuses as needed. Id assume a high level character would have some way to boost this, like guidance spam or similar benefits, or maybe just straight up expertise if the GM allowed a Rogue or Bard to waste an expertise on it.
>>
>>54197336
Neither of which affects a fireball.
>>
>>54197361
There's a much better reason why being underwater would nullify a fireball anyway
>>
>>54197361
When I DM, I make fireball explode on impact with water surface, and not harm anybody underwater unless they're at the very surface. If the fireball is fired from underwater though, it slowly travels to the target and explodes as normal, dealing less damage (5e actually specifies it as fire resistace for combat underwater I think).

I never had a situation where fireball would be fired from underwater onto above-water target, but I'd probably allow it to work as regular spell and play some Red October music in the background.
>>
playing a Triton Grave Cleric, could the Raven queen be my deity.
>>
>>54197336
>It means being harder to see
wrong. that is called concealment, cover means it protects you from projectiles.
>>
>>54197416
I wonder if the Raven Queen has some sort of carrion-feeder aspect for underwater. Like... lady of crabs or something.
>>
>>54197336
Is it explicitly stated anywhere that it provides total cover? I would assume 1/2 or 3/4, as it makes sense that you'd get a benefit against ranged attacks and dex saved.
>>
>>54197395
Exactly. Though honestly, a magical fireball probably wouldn't give a shit about water anyway. Otherwise it would probably have been written in the rules.

>>54197401
>As a GM I ignore the rules
Good for you, but when having an ordinary conversation about the rules, we kinda need to stick to the actual rules as written.

I homebrew way too much, but that isnt really relevant to an online discussion.
>>
File: blibdoolpoolp.jpg (180KB, 630x633px) Image search: [Google]
blibdoolpoolp.jpg
180KB, 630x633px
>>54197432
this is all there is to underwater combat in 5e
>>
>>54197352
Yeah I agree that's a little loose.

I just wanted a way to show the item had to be concentrated on for that long period, I also liked the idea of people hearing rumours of some caster crafting a legendary item and trying to stop him .

Perhaps a concentration check is required and if failed equals a failure towards crafting it successfully.

I'd probably use intelligence and require proficiency in magic item creation tools and proficiency in arcana. The DC 20 check is arguably meant to be doable by a high level crafter for a very rare item which a +3 sword is. Could make it DC 25 I suppose.

The idea is to make crafting difficult but certainly possible with enough resource expenditure if a player has their heart set on it. The downtime is probably the most significant issue as it relegates crafting to campaigns with *a lot* of downtime. Though when I think about it I'd probably be okay with a player crafting the item in chunks of time and making checks as they do rather than 2000 consecutive days.
>>
>>54197352
I had a craftsman character once in a game I ran. A Rogue with craft expertise in making swords. His goal was to make the best sword ever created.

He had 1 sword. Over the course of the story, he consistently used all his downtime on improving it. He used rare materials to strengthen it, and the blood of his foes to enchant it. Over the course of the story, he kept count of the enemies slain, and what, and slowly built it up as a magical weapon. When the others began to get +1 weapons, he managed to improve it to +1. When they got +2, he improved it to +2.

It was a different way of letting his equipment grow stronger, and it meant the sword was never being replaced. It was always HIS, and was as much a part of his legend as he himself was.

It didn't become "the best ever", but hey, aim high. It did end up as a +3 sword, so it is certainly up there.
>>
>>54197455
So the whole topic was just shitposing to begin with, gotcha.
>>
>>54197450
Creatures underwater have fire resist anyway, so its covered.
>>
So as a Land Druid what should my at-will source of damage be? I was thinking about Shillelagh because I''m joining a party that has a Staff of the Spider no one else can use, so I'd be doing 1d8+1d6+WIS damage each round. Only issue is that is locks me into melee.

The other option was Poison Spray for slightly better range and 2d12 damage, but it's keyed on a Save not an Attack.

Produce Flame doesn't look worth it because it's only 1d8 with 30 foot range.

What do other people think?
>>
Anyone ever successfully seduce a villain or monster sort and then fuck up and up actually romanced with her/it? I sure as hell messed up last night.
>>
>>54197596
Saves are generally better than attack rolls, but it's not like you can't have both
>>
>>54194574
>realized there was this huge demographic of worthless emo fucks who want to play dark brooding faggots and also have tons of cash to spend on 5e products?
You make me want to say White Wolf and Hot Topic for some reason.
>>
>>54197635
>seduce

No, but friendship always crops up.

>player playing a triton in a southern Mediterranean landscape (hot as balls)
>goes to find water in the middle of a monster hunt
>finds a creek
>takes a swim
>finds the monster relaxing there because it's hot
>separated from the group
>"Hi there, friend. What are you doing out here on your lonesome?"
>player panics
>"Y-...you want to be friends with me?"
>players starts awkward convincing the critter
>player rolls amazing
>low int/wis, highly impressionable brute type
>"Oh...well, I guess we're friends now. We should play a game!"
>"Yeah, let's play marco-polo."
>monster proceeds to cover eyes
>player plays for ten seconds before stops responding and bolting
>>
>>54197711
>player plays for ten seconds before stops responding and bolting

Brutal as the next time anyone goes there, he won't be very open.
>>
>>54197652
That is entirely the opposite of my experience, attack roll spells are vastly more reliable than saving throws. Not that it isn't good to have both, but Firebolt and Eldritch Blast are kings of cantrips for a reason.
>>
>>54197711
What a dick, the monster is far more likely to respond less positively to travelers in the future, especially if thats the first time he was willing to try.
>>
>>54197711
I'd honestly take the monster with us or keep in contact.
>>
>>54197730
It's cool. The monster chased the player afterward, catching up to the party.
>>54197763
>>54197763
>>54197773
Don't feel too bad. It was a slaad that got killed inadvertently by the party later.
>>
File: 525325.png (861KB, 1282x710px) Image search: [Google]
525325.png
861KB, 1282x710px
>>54197777
Damn
>>
>>54197742
It comes down to each individual enemy in regards to their AC and their saves, but it is vastly easier to get advantage on attack rolls than forcing disadvantage on saves.
>>
File: Slaad Crystal.png (219KB, 281x348px) Image search: [Google]
Slaad Crystal.png
219KB, 281x348px
>>54197800
Yup. Players got their mitts on pic related not too long after that encounter, not really knowing what it did until they made an off-handed request while holding it. From there, he joined the party, always willing to give the worst advice possible with all sincerity.

The slaad ended up dying because his command was: "sit right here and do absolutely nothing until we get back." Which he did to the T, including when his other slaad broskis higher up on the color chart realized what happened to him and decided to slit his throat.
>>
Can you use Finger of Death on undead to make them permanent followers? More specifically, ones you already control.
>>
>>54197777
Well, if they knew what Slaadi are, then sure. Chaos incarnate is probably best to distance yourself from, no matter what it's doing in the moment.

>>54197848
I've never heard of a slaad crystal, but something that can enforce commands on slaads is pretty potent.
>>
>>54197878
Funny enough, it was with a host of newish players (the thief player knew dead away what it was), but for everyone else (triton included), it was just some big frog who kept changing his mind all the time and having odd definitions of "friendship."

Slaad crystals are a bit of the spawning stone from limbo that gets lodged in any slaad's head that touches it (which most do). If you can crack their skulls open and take it, they're under the user's thumb.
>>
>You don't need to be confined to binary notions of sex and gender. You can play as a male or female character without gaining any special benefits or hindrances. Think about how your character does or does not conform to the broader culture's expectations of sex, gender and sexual behavior. For example, a male drow cleric defies the traditional gender divisions of drow society, which could be a reason for your character to leave that society and come to the surface.

If anyone uses this shit in any of my games, they get kicked from the table.
>>
File: Beholder.jpg (106KB, 569x580px) Image search: [Google]
Beholder.jpg
106KB, 569x580px
>>54197924
You're right. Excuse me while I use wild shape/one of the host of polymorph spells and fuck my horse.
>>
>>54197912
Sometimes i miss being unaware of various special/unique monsters. Sure, i can play like my character doesn't know, and do so, but its less interesting to me as a player than ACTUALLY not knowing. Lack of mystery.
>>
>>54197924
It's literally saying that some cultures have strict gender rules, and that breaking them can make for a good backstory, providing an example.

It literally is TELLING THE DM to include racist, sexist, or bigoted cultures and npcs, because such things exist.
>>
>>54197924
>bringing your politics to the table
You are That DM.
>>
>>54197951
And I don't want that in my games, so you can get the fuck out.
>>
>>54197977
Damn no pleasing you is there.
>>
So I'm wondering. If I have a staff that deals an extra 1d6 damage on each hit as a Druid, is it worth it to take PAM and be in melee?
>>
>>54197924
Yeah, because transvestites were beating down your doors to play DnD with you
>>
>>54198016
Yes
>>
File: 1365375448549.jpg (27KB, 345x395px) Image search: [Google]
1365375448549.jpg
27KB, 345x395px
>>54197292
>Murky dirty water
>No LOS
>Thinking you can cast spells through it
>>
>>54196962
Similar to my clan crafter forge cleric, but it more of a honouring the ones who trained her in smithing. She's used Fabricate to make plate armour to help out her friends, But she would have forged it if we had the time (we're playing Strahd so times a bit pressed).
She refuses to put the makers mark on it as she didn't craft it by hand though and intends to reforge the sets when we get back so they can truly be 'Forged'.
>>
Is there every a reason to use vampiric touch as a death cleric? Spirit guardians just seems better in every way
>>
>>54197977
Ok then, i guess your single all inclusive culture games must be fun.
>>
>>54198155
Take spirit as that is fantastic.
>>
>>54197455
I think one of the problems with the RPG community is that they need a specific line in the rules that says fire doesn't work well underwater before they consider it.
>>
Can a Thief that does alchemy work?
I wanna play a thief that got driven slightly insane by a cult that gets into alchemy to do potion bombs n stuff, but I don't know how well that would work. Dude is mistrustful of mages, even the priesthood.
>>
>>54198155
Yes. If someone gets up in your face and you're low on health a Vampiric Touch + Touch of Death can deal pretty good damage and steal a bunch of HP.

It's highly situational but considering you get it for free it'll probably come up at least once.

Other then that, for coolness factor against a single enemy.
>>
>>54198237
As a concept? Sure.

Mechanically, you have very little support. Thief can't really use any items to attack IIRC, nor magical items (which alchemical items may count as). You could throw smokebombs I guess? There's also very little rules supporting brewing your own stuff.

If I'm wrong on that restriction, you could combine thief with Artificer alchemist to throw out two items a turn, which would be pretty swell.
>>
>>54197520
>>54198221
>That 5e ethos where we simplify things for the players

No there are no explicit rules for underwater combat its all up to the DM.

But interestingly Jeremy has said that casting spells underwater means you're going to start drowing in 1+CON rounds if they have a verbal component.
>>
File: 1344401956385.gif (330KB, 271x256px) Image search: [Google]
1344401956385.gif
330KB, 271x256px
>>54197450
>As a GM I ignore the rules

What rules anon?
>>
>>54197958
>putting politics in the core book
>>
>>54197859
Undead aren't humanoids
>>
File: Adventurers' league.jpg (313KB, 1017x1168px) Image search: [Google]
Adventurers' league.jpg
313KB, 1017x1168px
Do you think new ranger will ACTUALLY be in Xanathar's guide to everything?
>>
>>54194417
Terrible honestly. I have a level 7 wild magic sorcerer and it's powers are constantly hungry for my sorcerer points, if i am not twinning haste or blight then I'm using bend luck.

My DM came up with a different system for me, everytime you cast increase the range of the wild magic table by 1, and everytime you use a sorcerer power increase it by 1 (using twin, or bend luck). So after a while the counter is up to like 10 or 12 and every other time you cast a spell you get to roll on the wild magic table. After rolling on the table the wild magic counter is then halved. It is super easy to keep track of because I just keep a separate D20 thats my wild magic counter. Also it fits the flavor of my sorcerer since he has no idea what the fuck he is doing and the more powers he uses the more he starts fucking shit up.
>>
>>54198474
I'd imagine it will be in PHB2 with artificer and mystic, November 2018
>>
>Have DM who is stingy for playing anything
>Can't use playtested homebrew
>Can't use any UA
>Can't use any core books except PHB, so no SCAG
>Can't multiclass
>Can't use certain races or combinations that synergize
>all of the above cause one guy can't stop himself from power gaming, so everyone is punished and prevented from having fun

So, what kind of PHB only protest character can I play to fuck with the DM?

BTW, don't tell me to try and discuss things with him or to leave. He pulls out the 'GM is law' rule every time and ignores my criticism. Also, I can't leave cause all of my friends are apart of the group and I have more fun being with them than dealing with not having a fun character.
>>
>>54198513
I feel your pain, so I'll help you. You want a divination wizard halfling with lucky feat.
>Look at me. I am the DM now.
>>
>>54194108
Long story short. I'm a forever DM for a group of approximately 8 players. We usually play once a month. Next session is on Wednesday. However, I haven't found the time to prepare an adventure like I usually do and won't find the necessary time at the weekend either. Can anyone recommend a good adventure for a party of level 5 characters. Adjusting the encounters won't be a problem. Ideally, it should be a short adventure or even a one-shot, none of the big adventure modules. Or are there any chapters within the adventure modules suited for this request?
>>
>>54194108
>Would you let a PC that is also a blacksmith forge a +3 magic weapon?
Yes, but it would require significantly more effort than "btw, my character comes from a family of blacksmiths who know how to make magic weapons". Turn it into a quest.
* The "secret" to making a magic weapon is highly specific to what you're making. The "secret" to making a +3 sword is not the same as the "secret" to making a +3 axe
* The crafting process requires valuable, rare resources from different places (incidentally, this is one of the main reasons why iron was superior to bronze. Creating bronze required copper and tin and thus two supply lines that needed to be established and defended. Iron just required one)
* Crafting requires the efforts and skill of multiple people (e.g., high level spells/rituals)
* Crafting is a long, arduous process with a chance of failure (anybody not involved in the crafting will need to be protected from threats)
* Inevitably, the PCs will draw unwanted attention from powerful enemies who will harass them
>>
>>54198536
Put them through Castle Ravenloft, no encounter adjusting necessary. Their numbers will make up for it.
>>
>>54198513
My DM is similar.

He also says we can't play half-orcs because they don't exist since sex with an orc is lethal.
>>
>>54194574
>warlock is necessarily edgy emo shit
>>
>>54198563
If an Orc female raped then killed a person, she'd still be preggo.
>>
>>54198547
Thanks. Is that part of the Curse of Strahd module? I only know it from earlier editions.
>>
>>54198580
Yes, it is.
>>
>>54198513
McCree Fighter:
Variant Human (Halfling works if VH disallowed)
Battle Master Fighter
Crossbow Expert
Sharpshooter
Use Hand Crossbow
Highest DPR

Divination Wizard:
That's it, that's the build
>>
So, one of my players want to play a bladelock, possibly hexblade pact. I found that to be very sub-par when comparing it to any class, really. Doesn't cast many spells, doesn't hit that hard on melee. It is also inferior to the ever present eldritch blast machine-gun. Also, the invocations that were supposed to give him something to do out of combat seem to be very restricted when trying to do "competitive" damage.

But I want him to have a pleasant experience, so I decided to try and fix the class, starting by giving him extra attack without taxing him with an invocation.

What else should I do?
>>
>>54198633
You should kill yourself, because the only thing worse than a gish is a DM who actively enables gishes.
>>
>>54198513
Is the game itself enjoyable ? If so why do you even need an overpowered Mary Sue special snowflake flake character?

If it's not enjoyable why are you playing in it? If you want to hang out with your friends invite them to play boardgames or go to the park or some shit.

If it's not enjoyable how will being able to play a different character make it enjoyable?

I tend to feel trying to passive aggressively resolve an out of game issue in-game is always a slippery slope. If your GM really is that bad he'll just ban or twist whatever thing you find to try to break his game. Your best options to walk as that's the clearest message you don't want to play, even if it means sacrificing that day with your friends.
>>
What's a decent god in the pantheons of 5e for law? I am building a Paladin oath of the crown.
>>
>>54198657
Depends on the setting.
>>
>>54198633
Let him play and suffer if he doesn't listen to your advice. We all learn from our mistakes.
>>
>>54198662
High fantasy and around a Kingdom with strife and external border pressure.
>>
>>54198684
No, literally depends on the setting, because different settings have different gods.

If you're going FR, pick Helm or Tyr or Torm though.
>>
>>54198633
Make short rests just be those periods where you don't do anything between fights and hard work. That's it.

The important thing to remember is ALL Bladelock has to be able to do to be considered decent, is higher damage then EBlocks. That's it.

By simply wielding a Quarterstaff with PAM a Hexblade can do that. He can also use GWM if he wants a STR build.
>>
>>54198657
In forgotten realms, probably Tyr or Helm.
>>
File: lawspreventslaughtering.jpg (68KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
lawspreventslaughtering.jpg
68KB, 800x587px
>>54198657
>Good but boring as shit
Torm, Tyr, Helm
>Evil and edgy
Bane
>OGs but sometimes assholes
Amaunator, Kossuth
>>
>>54198533
Divination wizard sounds good, but i'm worried he's anticipating it. Either way he also unfortunately banned halflings because of the lucky feat, which is stupid.

>>54198563
Yeah, half-orcs are off the table as well

>>54198602
That works too, oddly enough he hasn't seen a VH in the works, so I can use that to my advantage. Thanks guys
>>
>>54198704
>>Evil

For you.
>>
>>54198704
also guys no one knows a fucking thing about
>Nobanion, basically Aslan from Narnia
>Horus-re, literally THAT Horus from actual Earth Egypt
>Red Knight, the fedora-wearer's Tempus
>Siamorphe, the bourgeouise invented a Goddess
>Gargauth, god of lawyers so evil they kicked him out of Hell
Also pretty much any Dwarven God
>>
>In an alien environment.
>Weird fungus like growths in the distance, looks like a mushroom forest
>Low hanging clouds, looks like rain in the distance, don't want to be here when that hits.
>Ruins that look like they were grown surrounding the portal entrance.
>Don't notice the clouds slowly sinking lower as we explore the flesh-ruins.
>First moment we notice something wrong is when Russell starts screaming. Sgt. cuts off his comm-channel damn fast, don't need to hear that shit.
>We can all see him now.
>He's being hauled into the air on razor fine tendrils
>The fucking clouds have opened up.
>Their 'mouths' are just dark pits
>I can see the stars in their stomachs

How would I run a darker Stargate with Lovecraftian and mind rending horror in 5e?
Will be using the madness and sanity mechanics from OotA.
>>
>>54198633
You take 1 level of Fighter and the rest in Warlock.

This fixes the Bladelock.

No, really, math it out. Bladelock damage is comparable with martials and standard EB turret warlock, they get Armor of Agathys to shore up their defenses and add to said damage.

Taking a level in Fighter first rounds them out with CON proficiency, armor and shield proficiency, and a Fighting Style, which fixes all their weaknesses.
>>
>>54198754
You knowledgable about Lovecraft? They are in the dnd verse, so really depends on your skill.
>>
>>54198766
Yep, I really like Lovecraft's works. Though dry to read.

Yeah, figured that. 5e's nature to come up with descriptions and flavor and rulings on the spot is definitely one of its strengths.
>>
>>54198709
>Either way he also unfortunately banned halflings because of the lucky feat
Really makes you think.
>>
>>54198754
>horror and sanity when everyone has a P90 and C4
shoggoths dont stand a chance m8
>>
>>54198807
>susceptiblility to firearms
Not when the shoggoth is rending your mind into goo.
Or when it's invulnerable to nonmagical attacks.
>>
>>54198807
>an ancient evil stirs once more
>a thousand years ago, it terrorized the world
>unable to defeat it, our ancestors sealed it away at great cost, as their ancestors had done before them
>the time has come again for the seal to be broken and the peoples of the world unite to lock the darkness away
>no mortal magic or blade can pierce its dread hide an-
>instantly blasted by 50 fuckin' tanks in retreat
>railgun bombardment from ships past the horizon
>couple of jets swoop by and drop fuel air bombs
>dead fuckin' demon
>>
>>54198709
>Disallowing Halflings because of Lucky but letting VHumans in

Your DM is weird.

Anyway, yeah just start with Crossbow Expert (Archery fighting style, of course) and make it clear you can get your Bonus Action attack off the same Hand Crossbow you attacked with. Then boost your DEX then take Sharpshooter when you are ready to start doing ridiculous damage.

The melee version of this is Polearm Master + Great Weapon Master + Sentinel using a glaive, but Xbow wins by virtue of being safer and more versatile by virtue of having a 100ft range.
>>
File: bless weapon.jpg (84KB, 900x657px) Image search: [Google]
bless weapon.jpg
84KB, 900x657px
>>54198843
>nonmagical attacks
>>
>>54198845
Resistances or invulnerability to nonmagical attacks, mate.
>>
>>54197977
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE
>REEEEEE
>>
>>54198858
Topkek.
>>
>>54198653
Well here's the thing. I didn't intend to play an OP character, it's the fact he's banning everything he perceives to be OP. The game is decent, but I would rather try out an arcane archer, or a swashbuckler, booming blade arcane trickster, blade bard, or even a Druid or Paladin for that matter. There's only so far you can go with the typical fighter/thief/cleric/wiz cliche over and over again and having the other options slip out of your fingers.

Either way, my friends are only available once a week and they love playing D&D far more than some regular board game or vidya. So I'm willing to play passive aggressive if it get's the huge stick out of the DM's ass. If I have to leave, I'll leave by showing really how much of that stick-turned-tree is showing out of his ass.
>>
>>54198860
>D&D
>gods can be borne of less than a million worshippers
>he thinks the Military-Industrial Complex doesn't have enough devotees to be Divine
>>
>>54198763
He's playing a pirate-like character, so he's probably dumping STR, which would be a proficient save anyway, and making him unable to wear heavy armor.

Theme's also a reason for him not to PAM.

I think I'm allowing him to do the whole GWM schtick with a longsword/CHA. That gives him an opportunity to catch up damage-wise without being too much of a handout.
>>
>>54198860
Pretty sure that high explosives are going to deal a shitton of force, fire, and thunder damage.
>>
>>54198029
>Clean untouched water
>thinking you can't see through it
See, I can move the goalpost too :^)
>>
File: 14659832.jpg (91KB, 662x660px) Image search: [Google]
14659832.jpg
91KB, 662x660px
>>54198513
The only problem with all that is no SCAG.

The rest of it fuck you.
>>
>>54194108
Blacksmith in training here.

Any questions for autistic smithing realism?
>>
>>54198754

Get your hands on a third-party sourcebook called Amethyst: Quintessence, the 5e edition. It's a little uneven but you don't have to use the whole thing. You're mostly after the rules on things like vehicles, armor, guns, and such. It doesn't sound like it's going to be a huge time-saver but it is.

Grab Volo's and the MM, but mostly Volo's. Steal *everything*, but especially anything with the keywords psionic and fungal. Reskinned Illithids and Myconids in particular are useful for more classically Lovecraftian.

Anything that relies on false appearances is gold, especially mimics and ropers. ESPECIALLY ropers.

Anything that can break the accepted laws of physics and biology is great. Displacer Beasts and slimes don't get enough time for the horrors they are to really emerge, but let the players take on a bodyless AI that can create a nearly-invisible killing field almost anywhere and watch paranoia flourish in a way it doesn't when they hear "gelatinous cube."

Don't rush. Let things be horrific. Small details matter. One of the most effective things I ever ran in a horror campaign was a Mi-Go "Queen" that was incubating a new brood but to do so she had to enter into a chamber, completely dissolve herself into an organ-filled "soup," and remain so until they "hatched" by busting through the various uteri and only then could she re-form, until then she was limited to no communication but limited telekinesis when one of her lieutenants dipped his hand into her.

Thaaaat one got some people. It wasn't really a horror campaign so there wasn't a lot of "horror" content that night and that was revealed during a fairly chill moment. I didn't realize until later that magnified it immensely because it was just out there to think about. And think about it they did. One turned green.

Above all, don't try to go for super gross, super scary, or getting everyone at once. It backfires. Just float things around and wait for something to hit home. Have fun.
>>
>>54198891
STR save doesn't matter. It's one of the 3 trash saves to be proficient in.

CON save on the other hand is very important.

Proficiencies is not even about the heavy armor (though it's important for STR based) - non hexblades don't get medium armor and shield proficiency, so they greatly benefit from it through that.

Fighting style is very important for Sword & Boarders because of Dueling.

If it's a Hexblade, let them use PAM with like a spear or a trident. PAM really is all they need - at 12th they'll get a big damage buff from adding their CHA as extra damage.

Remember Warlocks can give themselves advantage on all their attacks with Devil's Sight + Darkness.
>>
File: 1499122668021.jpg (219KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1499122668021.jpg
219KB, 1000x1414px
>>54199025
Thank you for the insight, anon.
>>
File: Grubthak.jpg (498KB, 1000x755px) Image search: [Google]
Grubthak.jpg
498KB, 1000x755px
Sup /tg/. I've DM'd a few times before but want to actually run a well put together game for once. The first session is under a week away and am at the starting board looking for a veteran DM to point me in the right direction.
All I know so far is that the game will be run in a low-magic setting (no wizards, warlocks or sorcerers) and will have 3/4 level 5 characters.
>>
If I use booming blade on my turn on an enemy, he then moves outside my reach so I get an opportunity attack and I use booming blade again due to Warcaster, what is the damage sequence like?

Im guessing weapon dmg -> BB dmg -> opp att trigger -> weapon dmg -> BB dmg
>>
>>54199148
In low settings you can have allusive magic users who are hush hush and very secretive from society.
>>
>>54199174
On your turn:
Attack + BB
On enemy turn:
BB effect
Opportunity Attack (Attack + BB)
Enemy has choice of continuing with the move or taking the new BB effect
>>
>>54199025
Str save does actually matter a bit. I believe it's used in the monster manual as often as wis saves according to one source.
However, they're mostly inconsequential such as 'you are pushed' or 'you are proned'
>>
>>54199228
The idea is to have the bad guy to be some sort of powerful hidden mage practicing his powers against the law and in secret with his cult/sect.
The players' quest is to root them out and in the process find out he isn't so bad after all.
The problem is thinking about the intensive to do so, the surrounding area and what the cult is all about (necro, elemental and so on) then weaving it into a interesting narrative.
>>
>>54199294
Plus flesh out some encounters, side quests and environments.
>>
>>54198736
>Red Knight
I forgot they existed, this is perfect for my tactician Rogue/Wizard if religion even comes up. She's even proficient in dragon chess.
>>
>>54199294
Seems a good plot line.
>>
>>54199174
http://www.sageadvice.eu/tag/reaction/
See 'sentinel triggering attack'
You use booming blade before the creature even moves.
>>
>>54199427
>>54199174
Well, that is to say, officially: No, you only get booming blade once because you used booming blade a second time before they could even move.
>>
>>54198996
Holy shit, thanks heaps bro, this is staggeringly amazing advice. Damn, you just perfected my campaign! Mind if I use your ideas as is?
>>
How is the revised ranger? I have a game coming up and I'm wondering if it's not a trap option like the classic ranger.

I plan on going into a crossbow sniper build with crossbow expert and sharpshooter and a heavy crossbow, or should I just go sharpshooter and use the long bow?
>>
If I want to deal lots of damage as a cleric, what domain should I take other than light (already played it)? I was thinking tempest or war
>>
>>54199504
It is better. Granted just go fighter ranger mode.
>>
>>54199511
I do plan on going beastmaster because I've never had a pet in an rpg before so I figure why not now
>>
>>54199508
Blasting is a meme. You will do much more damage with Spirit Guardians than with any other spell. High damage, AoE, 10 minutes long, does not hurt your allies, still deals damage and slows if they made the saving throw.
My DM fucking hates this spell.
>>
>>54199531
Doesn't hurt to go crossbow expert and sharpshooter because you have no bonus action. You never get extra attack though.
>>
>>54199508
Planeshift Amonkhet, Zeal Cleric.

Max damage Fireball can take out an entire encounter. While you can also Haste + your level 1 to be making 3 attacks per round with GWM if needed.
>>
>>54199508
As >>54199565
Said
Sacred guardians then sanctuary and dodge every turn.
The enemy can't grapple you to stop your dodging because of sanctuary, the enemy can't attack you because they have to
>roll to see if they're allowed to attack
>roll to hit
>roll to hit a second time against your plate armour + shield
>then you get to roll a concentration save to keep guardians if they somehow hit

However, RAI, sanctuary does not work that way and so you can only do spirit guardians + dodge, but that frees your bonus action up for healing words to keep the rest of your team off the ground.
>>
>when you get a prostitute impregnated

I regret gong to one. Well at least adds to my rpg fun.
>>
>>54198996
Amethyst: Quintessence, the 5e edition looks interesting. Mind uploading the pdf?
>>
>>54199631
>You're an adventurer who will probably die off in a battle and their child will never see their father
Big deal.
>>
>>54199637
It's in the trove. Under third party.
>>
>>54199462

You're quite welcome. Be my guest. :)
>>
>>54199629
Don't forget using your bonus action to cockslap enemies with your spiritual weapon
>>
Does anyone know of a program that let's you BUILD a random monster generator?
I want to give my monsters unique variables and descriptions and most monster generators use predefined variables and descriptions.
>>
>>54199875
C+
>>
>>54199881
I already made a hamfisted prototype in C and my inexperience really shows.
>>
Does Divine Smite work with an unarmed attack?

I googled around and some people say yes, some say no and apparently there was a tweet that said yes but I couldn't find it.

I wanna be a Naga (from the new Plane Shift) Paladin and divine smite people with my fangs.
>>
>>54199881

Overkill. For this I would think Python.
>>
So, what can a level 2 Monk do with 85 gold pieces?
>>
>>54199939
You mean Haskell.
>>
>>54194274
Who said it even gas to stay goblin shaped? They could be rearranged in any number of ways.>>54194289
>>54194274
>>
>>54199960
Buy 425 gallons of ale
>>
>>54199875
>>54199881
>>54199939
>>54199970
Assembly.
>>
>>54199970

Nah. I'm too dumb to learn Haskell but I can do it in Python no problem. Ergo Haskell is overkill for this.
>>
>>54199809
Fucking excellent, thanks bro.
>>
>>54199605
>Zeal
Unfortunately, it's not official content so it isn't allowed in my table. It's fucking cool tho
>>
>>54199640
>>You're an adventurer who will probably die off in a battle and their child will never see their father

It's the easiest and most humane method of creating more adventurers.
Alternatives all tend to include copious amounts of muder, arson, usurping, rape, death cults and/or ancient prophecies.

Bastard whoresons are way more convenient.
>>
Storm King's Thunder question.

[Spoiler]My players are in Chapter 4. They've found the giant Axe but they haven't figured out that you need to press the axe against the correct rune to enter the portal. What are some ways I can give them hints?[/spoiler]

Also just in general, how do you give hints for puzzles?
>>
>>54200103

Isn't it made by WoTC though, specifically for use with D&D?

Or does your tables definition of "official content" mean only published stuff so no UA etc?
>>
>>54200180
Only published stuff
>>
>>54199960
Donate it to someone else.

My monk has the "doesn't give a shit about the constructs if civilization." Thing, and has absolute no use for money. So he always gathers all thr loot and "evenly distributes it" to everyone but himself.

He has never had more than 5 gold to his name at any one point in time, and it is more for the "might be useful" purpose.
>>
>>54200194

That's a shame, some of the UA and plane shift stuff is great. But I can see why, too much extra stuff can end up being detrimental.

I guess War would be your best bet for a damage cleric then, I spose.
>>
What do you think of this build I'm considering?

2 levels in Fiend Warlock.
Everything else in Shadow Monk.

My plan is to have the Warlock Invocations be the Dark-Sight and the Mage-Armour and one of the spells be Hex.

I can then nip around dark places as a shadow Monk, Hex people I want to bully then do so with my stuns and such. I'm thinking a variant human to get the "Lucky" feat too.
>>
>>54200177
>Also just in general, how do you give hints for puzzles?

I don't. I let the players create the solution themselves. They'll focus on some odd detail, and come up with a hypothetical solution. It will usually be wrong. But they don't know that. So I'll secretly roll some check if they came up with the wrong solution. If they pass the check, the solution they came up with becomes right. If they fail the check, they get a small bonus to their next wrong solution check.

Of course, any time they actually come up with the right solution, no check is required.
>>
I've never really played an evil character before, how much of a red flag would you consider Lawful Evil to be?

It seems to me like they'd be entirely self interested in personal power and standing, but wouldn't go around murderhoboing and raping and pillaging because why would they risk running afoul of the authorities for no real benefit?
>>
>>54200284
I think it's more of a red flag that you think it's a red flag.
>>
>>54200284
Unless you have a "muh code" thing going, that sounds more Neutral Evil to me.
>>
>>54200284
All evil means is that the character is selfish. Doesn't mean they can't think to work with the party.

.. But evil in general does tend to raise flags as people consider it to mean 'dick over the party'
>>
>>54200284
Honestly, the only red flag here is that you're taking alignment seriously. I'll let you in on a secret: It's always been a joke and a way to identify unpleasant people.
>>
>>54200261
That seems reasonable. I'll implement something like that next session. Thanks!
>>
>>54200284

LE, LN, NG, are in my experience the least flag-worthy. The Chaotics can trend a bit random, NE and CE can be total derailers, and LG can be a total derailer in the opposite direction. NN players are always either excellent or want to go on and on about some 2deep4u philosophy that wears thin fast.

That said, I've seen good and bad of every almost every alignment, so it's always going to very. The one I'm most pleased to see is when the player just marked "--"
>>
File: You wake Sakura up for this shit.jpg (117KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
You wake Sakura up for this shit.jpg
117KB, 1440x1080px
>3 years since 5e release
>subsisted on the MEGA trove, astranauta github, borrowing from friends, and the free pdfs WotC gives out
>still haven't bought any of the books
>have a dark feeling that 5e will be phased out two-three years from now

should i buy the books?
>>
>>54200284
The trick to LE that the rest of the party won't hate is if you consider your party members as valued minions in your own mind, so your outward actions make you appear to care about them a lot. Reserve your evil for people you can get away with being evil to. Don't be afraid to be manipulative or to play devil's advocate to convince people to do things you're way, but don't plot to kill your fellow PCs if they cannot be convinced either.
>>
>>54200489
Do you believe intellectual property rights exist?
>>
>>54200489
Why would they phase it out? 5e has been the most popular and successful D&D edition ever.

Also you should buy the books that you regularly use. They're a useful reference and just good to have in general.
>>
>>54200601

Somewhat. I believe that the creators should be supported, but copying files and publishing them on the internet for free is not necessarily theft. Selling those copies, however, would be theft.

What concerns me more is that most places I go the books are $50 USD. Only one store in my area and Amazon have reasonable pricing.

>>54200638

>why would they phase it out

every 7-8 years or so it seems a new edition would come out. I just don't want to be late to the party. Maybe I'll do something like that.
>>
File: 1488840492497.jpg (31KB, 480x482px) Image search: [Google]
1488840492497.jpg
31KB, 480x482px
>>54200489
>Have everything important memorized by heart and don't need books
>>
>>54200653
By that logic you have at least four years before they'll change anything.

But historically, the reason for the edition update is content fatigue. Usually stuff like getting 4+ adventures a month and a class/race supplement every other month. It becomes unbalanced and people lose interest. Or they just don't buy the books because they already have a library full of them or the content is too niche.

5e has had the development philosophy of "take your time" aka two campaigns a year and class/race supplements maybe once a year. People seem to like the content drip they're getting and people like the system in general. Plus D&D streams and podcasts are now more popular than ever.

I don't see this going anywhere soon.
>>
>>54194574
This is over exaggerating. I play a ancients paladin / fey lock who entered a pact with lurue to protect nature and prevent the fey planes from breaking into the prime material plane. You don't need to be an edge lord if you and your dm have any imagination at all.
>>
>>54194108
That mega is missing stuff, whenever I check for new stuff lately - it's missing. Newer UA, the 6th AL season (there is one, right?), and the new plane shift. I think some other stuff too but can't remember right now.

My point is updates would be nice.
>>
>>54200571
>The trick to LE that the rest of the party won't hate is if you consider your party members as valued minions in your own mind
And the trick to LE that the rest of the party will like is if you consider your party members as valuable friends. You know, you can actually have friends and treasure them.
>>
>>54200844
Why update the mega when it gets taken down, when we have the 5e tools that doesn't get taken down and presents official info in a more fun format?

I guess you mentioned AL, but I didn't think anyone seriously played that outside friendless losers. It's seriously the worst way to play DnD.
>>
>>54200873
The idea is to make both concepts outwardly appear the same in order to promote interparty teamwork.
>>
>>54198168
My previous DM did this and it was awful. I don't play d&d to have the equivalent social environment of a modern northeastern liberal arts college.
>>
I've had the concept of a hard-case noir detective/private eye themed Warlock bumping around in my head but don't know how to actually go about playing them mechanically.
Do I
>Standard EB spam, use a hand crossbow as my focus and just refluff as magic crossbow bolts
>Bladelock with a hand crossbow, SS, and CBE
Or potentially even
>Fighter 1 for Archery and armor proficiencies/Bladelock with the above
>Champion 3/Bladelock with the above for a critfisher version
>>
>>54198029
Cover isn't about whether you can see through it anyway.

>>54198860
Pretty sure artillery fire doesn't make attack rolls anyway.
>>
>>54200985
Don't go bladelock as it currently is, because you'll want invocations, and bladelock is the highest invocation tax.

I suggest Raven Queen Chain lock, and refluff the raven queen as anything else (odin is cool). You can now have two ravens whispering truth and wisdom into your ear. Use EB spam in combat, with the good invocations for it. Other invocations you can take are the chain lock invocations, the speak with dead invocation, disguise at will invocation.
>>
>>54201018
I'll be going GOO for backstory and giving them a slight Bloodborne theme, taking all the eyesight-themed invocations.
>>
>>54201094
I'd still go chainlock then, as it offers you a new perception invocation, and is generally the best if you're creative.
>>
Is there any reason to play a ranged paladin based around the heavy crossbow?
>>
>>54201122
I guess if you don't mind the fact that paladin has very little archery synergy and don't mind just using your slots on actual spells
>>
File: THE_GREAT_GHASTLY.jpg (121KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
THE_GREAT_GHASTLY.jpg
121KB, 467x700px
>>54201106
Yeah I was leaning to that and taking a Gazer fluffed into a lil' floating Ghastly dood or something.
>>
>>54200489
When we played 3.5 we hardly bought any book. Now my complete group is employed or earning money in some way or the other. I've got all published books lying here but hardly read anything besides the three core rule books and volos guide.

If you have the money to spare, buy the books. If not, there is no need for a bad conscience about it. You help spreading the system, that alone is worth a bit. And to be honest, you aren't obliged to anything. Especially since WotC do have a cash cow with swollen utters.
>>
>>54200937
I actually have never understood what the AL is exactly. All I got is, that those are fragmented adventures from the big adventure modules. Where is the difference to the module books?
>>
>>54201246
IIRC, they're fragmented because they're designed to be played in chunks, with defined beginning and end points for each session. They are standardized in this way so you can hop in and out across the league from session to session.
>>
>>54194108
Anyone got any good Lovecraftian stories set in 5E?
>>
File: PurpleDragonKnight2.jpg (106KB, 400x525px) Image search: [Google]
PurpleDragonKnight2.jpg
106KB, 400x525px
So, my idea for my next character is a Triton Purple Dragon Knight.

The idea is that a group of Soldiers from Cormyr were patrolling by Dragonmere when the witnessed a humanoid figure emerge from beneath the water. Marching forward to inspect things, they find a Triton. Unsure of what they're looking at, they inquire about what the hell he is.

Flabbergasted that they haven't heard of his fantastic race and their achievements, the Triton spends a good hour or so explaining their exploits to the surface-dwellers. The Captain, a Purple Dragon Knight, is impressed with the story and decides to take the Triton back to Cormyr.

Agreeing to come with them, intrigued with the surface world, he soon finds himself in a bussling Kingdom. Upon inspecting his natural abilities as a Fighter, the other soldiers finding themselves believing the stories the Triton had told them, they offer to train him to be a PDK. He agreed to take the oath.

While some strict guidelines were imposed upon him due to his non-human origin, he finds that this would be a great way to both defend the surface world and learn about it. Having only originally surfaced to find a Sahuagin that had escaped him, he decided this path was the correct one.
>>
>>54200937
>when we have the 5e tools
some content is missing though
>>
>>54199993
Goblin bone tornado go!
>>
What kind of creatures would patrol/guard/be stationed in a city ruled by a Vampire?

i dont own CoS but i bet the answer is in there
>>
New thread:

>>54201413
>>54201413
>>54201413
>>54201413
>>
File: 600px-OB-npc-Janus_Hassildor[1].jpg (97KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600px-OB-npc-Janus_Hassildor[1].jpg
97KB, 600x600px
>>54201409
Normal people.
>>
>>54201409
Have you not ever played Castlevania?

Swarms of various animals, medusas, mummies, skeletons, zombies, werewolves, various devils and demons, charmed/possessed people
>>
>>54196899
>Teiflings are people who WILLINGLY MADE A DEAL WITH A DEVIL
No fiend warlocks are people that made a deal with a devil. Teiflings are humans that one of their parent, grandparents, or even farther back made a deal with a devil. A paladin, by the time they reach first level have already spent years devoted to their god and oath so that is why they are trusted.
>>
File: IMG_2490.jpg (290KB, 923x1205px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2490.jpg
290KB, 923x1205px
>>54194652
I Use this table for tiefling appearance. I don't like the idea of a standardized look, it implies that it was only one particular extraplanar entity or at least group of entities that grafted their branch onto the family tree
>>
>>54199851
That definitely breaks Sanctuary, because you're making an attack.
>>
>>54197946
The trick is using them in unique ways. I made a guy who was actually a hollow cadaver filled to the brim with Cranium Rats. When the shoe dropped he started vomiting the rats so violently it turned him inside out
>>
>>54197977
You would be the worst WFRP GM of all time.
>>
>>54197977
Being a gender warrior snowflake is pointless without norms to break.
>>
If targeting 2 creature with a line spell does the target behind the first one get cover?
>>
>>54203414
It should. No one ever does it though.
>>
>>54196436
just so you know, there are gods in these types of games that aren't "Lawfully Good smiting all evils".
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.