[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, i need help to make a random encounter table for 5e. This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: stranded at the sea.jpg (53KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
stranded at the sea.jpg
53KB, 700x394px
Hey, i need help to make a random encounter table for 5e.
This is the situation: i'm running a campaign with a paladin, a cleric, and rogue. The cleric and the paladin are agents of the goddes of water, and the rogue is sticking with them because he owes some money to a bunch of different gangsters and he needed protection. At some point he commited a crime against the party, so he was sent to trial before the temple, and after being found guilty he had two options: one, to swear total loyalty to the service of the goddess (sticking with the party). Or two, facing the judgment of the goddess directly (that is, being thrown at the sea).
So, i need ideas about how to execute the second option; my obvious idea was to make a random encounter table, with sharks, dolphins, etc. which i would roll every 5 miles (and he is going to get thrown around 15 miles from shore), and make him roll some constitution saving throws to see if he gains points of exhaustion.
So, /tg/, how can i make this interesting? How much does he has to roll? Do you have any other better idea? How difficult should it be? Remember that it has to be funny, probably not many people can swim that far but i don't want it to be a definitve death for him.
>>
Stick with the encounter rolls to see if sharks and other angry sea fish nibble on him, but also have a few random encounters that can really shake things up.

>Mermaids find this poor guy being dragged around and try to save him.
>Pirates come in try to save/kill him.
>Roaming iceberg, the Pain Boat crashes
That sort of stuff.
>>
>>54193349
Hey, i like that, maybe he gets picked up by pirates and he is selled to one of those gangs he owes to, and eventually the other party members somehow notice and rescue him again
>>
>>54193472
sold*
>>
>>54193472
Yeah, there's a lot of interesting plot hooks you can have with the sea if you want. Just gotta get creative with it.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.