[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does a paladin become a king of a nation he is a stranger to?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 0468becae4f4552aea7d97f9c0c2c3eb.jpg (150KB, 710x1005px) Image search: [Google]
0468becae4f4552aea7d97f9c0c2c3eb.jpg
150KB, 710x1005px
How does a paladin become a king of a nation he is a stranger to?
>>
>>54190499
The nation is a meritocracy and he proved himself capable of great deeds.

The previous kind bequeathed his title to the paladin on his death bead.
>>
>>54190499
The Kingdom didn't exist until the Paladin led an army into the region to rout the vile Lich-King, only to discover they're sitting on prime real estate that needs some serious purging.
>>
Through R&R. That is, regicide and regency.
>>
marry the queen
>>
File: 583482.jpg (31KB, 254x400px) Image search: [Google]
583482.jpg
31KB, 254x400px
>>54190499
He bought it.
>>
>>54190499
attaining political power and marrying into the royal family
>>
File: Request invasion.png (701KB, 549x694px) Image search: [Google]
Request invasion.png
701KB, 549x694px
>>54190499
By asking the Pope.
>>
>>54190499
Hard mode: nation itself is evil (as in, his inhabitants are evil)
>>
>>54190614
>hard mode
>implying
The inhabitants agreed to allow a paladin to be there regent in exchange for not being purged by said paladin's order.
Alternatively the inhabitants wiah to turn a new leaf and chose a virtuous man to show them the way.
>>
>>54190614
That's easy.

https://youtu.be/oQ7aLU6rHLk
>>
>>54190588
Was this book actually good? I remember reading it as a kid, but all I remember is the asspull 'you are the great knight after all' shit towards the end.
>>
File: 1453088522882.jpg (815KB, 1196x946px) Image search: [Google]
1453088522882.jpg
815KB, 1196x946px
>>54190602
My knigger!
>>
>>54190499
God Will It?
>>
>>54190700
you didn't answer at all, you changed the circumstances
it's not what the inhabitants are supposed to do, it's what paladin's supposed to do (ok, first one is more of an answer - if he holds high rank in his order and the order itself is powerful enough to pose a significant, and I mean SIGNIFICANT threat to A COUNTRY, then he maybe is able to exact enthronement)

though it's not really hard itself because most of answers to OP also apply to this, albeit are harder to execute

but let's assume that the paladin in question isn't at the top of the chain of command in his order and the order itself is not as powerful, also assume somewhat typical neutral-to-lawful evil society
what does he need to do in order to become the king of a significant, evil country that he's stranger to?
>>
He purges the heathens so hard it becomes a theocracy.

Please don't do this.
>>
>>54190883
Should have asked your question better then.
>>
>>54190499
Make a woman of the nation his queen.
Take on a native name.
Form a council of native advisers to administer aspects of the realm in his stead, or advise his administration of said aspects.
Dress in the native fashion and speak the native language.
Modify his religion in some way to 'culturally translate' it. An example of this IRL is the christian church turning pagan european traditions and beliefs into christian ones. Hel - Hell, Yule - Christmas, etc.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.