[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this system? Any good stories?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: BitD-logo.jpg (123KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BitD-logo.jpg
123KB, 2000x1000px
How is this system?
Any good stories?
>>
>>54187816
Played it during development. Good system, healing/damage mechanics were a bit clunky but I hear it was cleaned up by release. Other than that it's a pleasure to run and gives the players a good deal of control over what happens. Love the idea of the setting, but had a little trouble fleshing it out myself. Still need to read the full setting info now that it's out. Also still amused at how Duskwall became Doskvol, most likely to avoid stepping on Arkane's toes.

The system very much leans towards things not going as planned and the PCs scrabbling to improvise and get out of whatever shit they land themselves in. There's even a mechanic where players can earn them a bonus to a roll at the cost of some complication up front. The best moments are when someone takes the Devil's Bargain, fucks the roll anyway and then has to deal with the fallout from both.
>>
Getting ready to run my first session in a few days but so far I'm a worried because I'm still unsure on how to handle combat with the pc's when it comes to things like groups or them fighting more then one person at once I would think I use a clock and work from there.

Another thing I'm kinda worried about is a good deal of players watches john harper run/play it on youtube and I have ran into a few during my times as a player that would get pissy that the gm is not doing all the same things as john even one saying "this is not how john harper gm's this". I for one never watched any of that stuff and I don't plan too but that "fan" base seems to be pretty fucking awful
>>
It's one of those games that's best used for liberally stealing/cribbing inspiration or structure/mechanics ideas from (to use with your own system of preference), rather than actually playing it as a game on its own.

As with most Evil Hat releases.
>>
>>54190885
Having some kind of flashback mechanic would be nice in shadowrun
>>
It's a game the GM needs to "get" and have the right skills for.

I played it with a GM who mechanically followed the system to the letter, but didn't use it properly and it was garbage. Doesn't help that he sprung it on us as just demoing it and it turned into a rather directionless campaign as a result

The GM wasn't shit, I had played in a few other games with him and he was fine (not great, but fine), but he just didn't have the skillset to remain in the fiction first mode the game requires to work.

I'm not 100% sure if it would be my kind of game even with a good GM, but if your group focuses on mechanics more than the fiction, this game is likely not going to "fix" that for you.
>>
>>54191059
I can understand that I think the mechanics outside the flash back stuff is not that interesting maybe its better to say its not a game you should play if you want a "tactics" game but if you wanted more story telling around the crew this would be better
>>
>>54191189
We had actually come from Burning Wheel, which worked fairly well for us, partly I think because of the different design philosophy worked more for our group.

I honestly don't think Blades really promotes telling a story as much as it has some (potentially useful) tracking tools and random event generators and tries to get out of your way.

This isn't a bad thing if you already know what you want to do. But I don't think it really guides your group in that direction much on its own via its mechanics.
>>
Play it like a Guy Ritchie film.
>>
Wondered about using this for an Unsounded one-shot once.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.