[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG/Wizards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 12

File: 342324.jpg (542KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
342324.jpg
542KB, 1280x960px
>Wizard, Seattle, Gaypride

What do you think about this, /tg/?

Do we need more explicit and inclusive themes/cards in MtG (games in general)?
>>
>>54185804
>They're all white

Ugh.
>>
>>54185804
I wish we still had quest threads on this board.
>>
>>54185804
obvious bait is obvious

thanks for trying though /pol/ack
>>
>>54185804
I disapprove.

No.
>>
>>54185804
More meat for the grindr.
>>
File: 1359153684973.jpg (194KB, 569x629px) Image search: [Google]
1359153684973.jpg
194KB, 569x629px
>>54185804
>Elves
>belonging anywhere
>>
>>54185804
>ywn blast them all with a riot hose
>>
>>54185804
It's just gay pride parades in general, gay people making their sexuality their most defining feature and non-gays virtuesignalling as hard as they can. The sooner these pantomimes end the sooner homosexuality will actually be accepted into society. Were there fucking mixed-couple pride parades after that was legalised?
>>
>>54185880
>virtue signalling

Go home op, we're not buying it
>>
>>54185825
Of course they're white, it's a gay parade in Seattle.
>>
File: 1360620761414.jpg (82KB, 331x360px) Image search: [Google]
1360620761414.jpg
82KB, 331x360px
>>54185857
This anon gets it.
>>
>>54185880
This.
It's almost like half of the stereotypes about gays come from the gay pride now.
>>
>>54185804
I'm bi but if you're open about it like these fuckheads you should be put to death. Fuck you and stop making your sex life, or more accurately in a lot of cases lack thereof, your entire fucking identity.

All of it needs to stop.
>>
>>54185804
We're inclusive!
We still see you as freakish inhuman monsters.
>>
File: 43bf780032effd85381e4bccbb19046d.jpg (142KB, 736x1108px) Image search: [Google]
43bf780032effd85381e4bccbb19046d.jpg
142KB, 736x1108px
>>54185880
>Were there fucking mixed-couple pride parades after that was legalised?
Yes?
>>
>>54185825
That is clearly a fat asian -man- thing holding the banner.
>>
>>54185956
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>54185804
>Faggot company supports gay rights.jpg
>>
>>54185804
Rainbow is the new marketing strategy and god knows this company can't stand on the quality of their products.
>>
If you want to bait people, at least use newer bait.
>>
>>54185880
>>54185906
>>54185933
>>54185937
Obviously you've never been opressed in any way otherwise you'd understand the need to fight back. And making yourself as visible as possible and accentuating that which people want you to hide/hate you for makes perfect sense when viewed from that perspective.

The real problem with gay pride these days is it is a corporate sell out as per
>>54186195
>>
>>54186226
This. My last thread almost hit 500 posts because I took the time to write something original.
>>
>>54185975
>anon says "after"
>other anon without reading comprehension posts a picture of protest
Try again?
>>
>>54185804
I support gay pride and everything it stands for but like... is this normal? Is it normal for companies to march with a banner that's just an ad for their products? Honestly I'm kinda miffed at WotC.
>>
>>54185804

>We take money from our core audience!
>Let us take yours too!
>>
>>54186321
Not about my fucking sexuality, no, because I don't fucking flaunt it like it makes me the king of the whole goddamn world in which everything needs to change for me. The world can't fucking run on freaks. This is like a very basic thing. You faggots bitch because that's all you know how to do. I'm more than capable of stand on my own two feet if someone wants to start shit about it. You faggots make all of us look bad and you can go fuck off with your bullshit.
>>
>>54186321
>Obviously you've never been opressed in any way otherwise you'd understand the need to fight back.
>anon really believes the world is out to get him
I hope you are OP, otherwise you are the worst type of faggot.
>>
>>54186346
you realize it was only just legalized nationally in 2015. Fuck it was only legalized in Germany a literal week ago.

and I can absolutely guarantee that the Interracial Marriage Club of Washington DC didn't disband the day the Supreme Court struck down anti-interracial marriage laws

Your point = worthless
>>
>>54185804
>>
>>54185804
its nice and Im glad.
>>
File: 1492303678541.jpg (111KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1492303678541.jpg
111KB, 540x540px
>>54185804
This parade is bait.
The journalists are bait.
You are bait.
It's all bait for hipster money and autistic far-right screeching for sanctimonious people to jack off to.
Here's your (You).
>>
>>54186917
>>54186488
>>54186376
>>54186195
>>54186086
>all these anti-profit communist faggots

Yes, whine some more about how the big mean businesses do things to increase their wealth

Maybe you could tell us all about your organic co-op and how you only get intestinal poisoning a few times a month

Fight the power!
>>
>>54186917
Basically.
They get to look like the good guys, and advertise at the same time.

Kind of shitty to be honest. All these companies are coming out as pro lgbt, after lgbt has been established as widely accepted. Where were they 10, or even 5 years ago?
>>
I can imagine working at wotc. A mass email goes out inviting everyone to march with the parade. Even if you're straight, march to show support.

I don't accept the invite because I don't believe in it, but I never openly speak up about it, just continue on with my life and work.

People ask if I'm marching in the parade. I say no. They ask why not. I just say it's not my thing, and I don't think I should have to lie about it, like saying I already have something going on that day.

From that word spreads that I'm anti gay, and I get passed over for promotions because of my controversial past.
>>
>>54186195
>>54186321
Gay pride is the new Green Movement, literally switch the Green tags of 2006 with a rainbow and you get the same thing.
>>
>>54187028
You're the problem. I'm hoping you, who calls it bait but still rushes in to express your viewpoint, will one day realize the irony when you're being strapped into a chair and having your testicles electrocuted in hopes of getting them to start actually producing testosterone you dumb limp-wristed faggot.
>>
>>54185804
i lost hope when they made alesha trans and narset an autist
>>
>>54187159
>the owner of a business shouldn't be allowed to decide who gets promoted
>I should have special protections because of my beliefs and actions, even when they go against the wishes of the person employing me

Wow, commie much?
>>
>>54187221
First off, I never said I was anti-gay. I just don't believe in pride parades. I think they are dumb and unnecessary, and as others have said here, making your sexual orientation your defining feature is pretty stupid. But not participating in one could easily label me as some right-wing nutjob who hates fags, and it becomes a witch hunt. Because word spreads unjustly, someone could wrongfully lose out on future opportunities because of it.

>commie
Sure thing, kid.
>>
>>54187196
>autism
>>
>>54187159
>I fantasize about being a white collar rebel at a game company
thanks anon, you made my day
>>
>>54186321
I'm Irish and this is one of the most hotly debated cultural topics in the country. Whether we continue fighting back against and rejecting existing notions of national sovereignty and harass Britain, rejecting them as an allied nation, and demand the north back whether they want it or not, or whether we let bygones be bygones and continue working on better diplomatic and cultural relations with countries that so recently oppressed us.
In the case of homosexuals, I do understand the whole rejection of those who would put you down, and in many places in the world it is very much needed, like the places gay people are being oppressed right now, but in countries that have given gays full legal rights I don't see the point of it, it only otherises gays even more in the public eye. You're not just somebody who happens to like these genitals, you're GAY AND PROUD LOOK AT ME.
I don't think, in a fully equal society, anyone should be "proud" of anything they were born into. And I know that gays are not equal in most of the world, but in the places that they are, they're never going to be fully accepted until *after* it stops being a big deal.
>>
>>54187196
And I hope you have a wonderful day free from minor annoyances, friend.
>>
>>54187300
>First off, I never said I was anti-gay
Never said you were. Just that it's funny how your imaginary complaint can be summed up as:

>someone agrees to employ me
>I do things that rub my employer the wrong way
>my employer shouldn't be allowed to fire me because reasons
>>
Fake philanthropy is great marketing.

But more than that. Companies are actively being criticised if they don't do this kind of hollow support thing regardless of any real philanthropy they do.

Gay Pride and Breast Cancer are the 2 big ones in the US for sure. Gotta get those rainbow flags and pink ribbons.
>>
>>54187352
Thanks for proving my point. The funny thing is, I really don't think you see how you are.
>>
>>54187196
Wew lad. This is one of the greater feats of autism I've seen on 4chan today. Good job sir, have a (You) and go back to day dreaming about putting testicles in a vice and electrocuting them you bonafide faggot
>>
>>54187352
This whole argument is stupid. The whole getting fired for not going to a pride parade concept is just fucking fiction. No one would bat an eye at it unless he was ranting about "degeneracy" or some shit
>>
>>54187374
>Companies are actively being criticised if they don't do this kind of hollow support thing regardless of any real philanthropy they do.
And that pretty much is the reason why if you don't march in some stupid parade, you are labeled as a gay pride hater
>>
>>54187352
>you should be able to be fired just your employer don't like you
So gays should be able to be fired just because they are gay or dying if nobody want to employ fags?
>>
>>54187221
>my work standing should be affected by my political views instead of my job performance

Let me make something clear to you. When you're on the job, you're a machine. Your opinions, values, beliefs, religion, your joys and sorrows, all of that shit is completely unimportant. You are there to do a fucking job. You are promoted or demoted based solely on how well you do your fucking job.

If your job is public relations, then it's logical for you to be judged and penalized if expressing your personal views causes damage to your employer's public standing. Ditto for customer service, sales, and other positions where you need to keep the other party happy. In literally any other position, your views should be a non-factor. I don't give a fuck if my CAD developer is a hardcore neonazi as long as he does the job better than the alternative. If he isn't slapping swastikas on our models or giving people shit over it at work, there's no problem. If people want to MAKE it a problem, that's on them, and they're idiots for doing so.
>>
File: 1490898152905.png (407KB, 534x375px) Image search: [Google]
1490898152905.png
407KB, 534x375px
>>54185804
I wanted to work at Wizards, once. But companies putting politics like this at their front is nothing but virtue signaling, and that means if you ever say you aren't 100% pro fag then you're ostracized and probably will lose your job with Wizards. I want game companies to keep out of politics.
>>
>>54185804
>seing Duel Masters logo on the banner
is it still a thing?
>>
Theres isn't anything explicit either way in wizards settings regarding sexuality as far as i know.

Just taking part in gay pride is like, free good publicity for companies though.
>>
>>54187463
The neutral capital market you refer to here is mythological. Work spaces are always social spaces where merit is not just a measure of how well you push a button. Its cute you're butthurt it might effect you now though. Very equitable.
>>
>>54185804
Like every other commercial enterprise: it sounds nice they care about it, but its best they should stay out of politics to sell their shit.
>>
>>54187035
Fuck off good goy, if the product is shit it has no right to sell no matter how much money you throw away in marketing. Informing the retards that they can chose not to buy crap and that by doing so they can force companies to improve their products is the backbone of sustainable capitalism.
>>
>>54187221
>I should have special protections because of my beliefs and actions, even when they go against the wishes of the person employing me
Uhh, yes. That's why you can't fire people based on political beliefs or race or things like that.
>>
>>54187408
>This whole argument is stupid. The whole getting fired for not going to a pride parade concept is just fucking fiction. No one would bat an eye at it unless he was ranting about "degeneracy" or some shit
I know, that's why it's fun to point out the logical fallacies in his imaginary crusade against the skeletons.
>>
>>54187352
If you want to fire someone and can afford to spend a bit of effort on it, you can always find the way. Late arrivals, improper clothes, alcohol testing, personal calls in office hours, etc. There's myriad little things people do that are normally overlooked but can be the excuse if you actually go and push them. You can get rid of anyone. Except Romanians, fuck those cunts with a rusty rake.
>>
>>54187352
>I do things that rub my employer the wrong way
No you idiot. It's "I don't do an optional thing where there should be no expectation of me attending, and it's about a political issue"
>>
>>54186376
i think the other poster summed it up very well
rainbow is the new green
>>
>>54187578
>has no idea what the modern 'witch hunts' have evolved into
>>
>>54187519
Why do you want to be able to be fired just because your employer don't like you or the way you are living?
>>
File: truth.png (32KB, 405x371px) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
32KB, 405x371px
>>54185804
1 generation and then your gone like hippies.
>>
I mean, i can see why people find all the gay pride stuff irritating, as it's appeasing about 1% of the population, plus they are dickbags to bisexuals.

If you don't like it just ignoring it is better than kicking up a fuss however.
>>
>>54187035
just because one understand marketing ploys doesn't mean one is anti-capitalist
>>
>>54187335
Well companies don't care if they're exposing vulnerable people to mentally unstable people. They just want one more sheckel at any cost.
>>
>>54187408
You're probably right about getting fired. But remember it's not about getting fired.
>People ask if I'm marching in the parade. I say no. They ask why not. I just say it's not my thing, and I don't think I should have to lie about it, like saying I already have something going on that day.

>From that word spreads that I'm anti gay, and I get passed over for promotions because of my controversial past.

Nothing about getting fired.

>>54187159
>>
>>54187519
It depends entirely on the job. My position could be done by a robot. Fuck, in most hubs it IS done by a robot, the manager is just too cheap to upgrade while the old equipment still works. I've seen plenty of personable, PC people get fired because they couldn't move boxes fast enough, while the most ridiculously racist motherfucker I have ever seen or heard has been around for two decades because he can sort like some kind of fifty-armed hindu deity. Even the union rep can't stand him.
>>
>>54185804
Can't we go one day without this shit? It's obvious that this is just virtue-signaling. It's WotC making sure they don't get wrecked by the general population of Seattle for being "anti-gay". It's also pretty obvious that none of the people in that pic ever got their teeth kicked in or their legs broken just for being gay. Not a single one of them have ever been oppressed and they fucking know it.
>>
>>54187666
Satan speaks the uncomfortable truth: You must become useful. If you are needed - if they can't do without you - then you can do or say anything you want. If you are replaceable, you do not have that security.
>>
>>54187322
>>54187347
>>54187391
>Faggots getting this easily offended

Every time someone makes one of these bait threads, you three faggots have to show up and chime in and pretend everyone doesn't hate you.
>>
>>54185804
Who cares, I'm here to talk about role-playing games.
>>
>>54185804
I feel threatened when people express views that I disagree with. Like most people I want entertainment, especially frivolous escapist entertainment like traditional games, to validate, not challenge my fundamental values.

Luckily I am a liberal, so I thank the invisible hand of the market for slapping down unprofitable right-wing bullshit that I don't want to see, and validating my views above all else.

As 40K moves toward social justice through the influence of woke Primarch Guilliman and the coming return of gay Primarch Lion El'Jonson, I can only hope that more companies realize that more left is more money. In particular, I hope that hardcore Communism becomes the next money-spinner, as Star Trek clearly shows that people like that message.
>>
>>54187662
Why are you using a completely made up story as proof of how a company you never worked at would treat you?
>>
>>54187732
I'm straight though.
>>
>>54187490
It's huge in Japan. Tanked in America. Twice.
>>
>>54185825
>Ugh.
BBEG.
>>
>>54187485
They're already doing shit like edit artwork and soft-ban artists that don't comply with the SJW shit. And they're not a particularily good place to work at for other jobs according to websites that measure this shit.
>>
>>54187739
Mind is a reflection of reality.
>>
>>54187690
>It's WotC making sure they don't get wrecked by the general population of Seattle for being "anti-gay".
see, I don't buy that. That would mean that companies who act neutral, who do nothing, are "anti-gay." That is, they're not doing anything against gay parades, they're just not doing anything for it. If Seattle is a place where behaving neutrally, not getting involved, stay away from the politics... If Seattle is a place where that behavior means you're "anti" the thing you're not explicitly "pro" for, then Seattle has fallen out of this century and into the previous one. Or rather the people involved in that whole "if you're not with us, you're against us" mentality are evil.
>>
>>54187221
>>54187352
So one should be passed on promotions because of their relatively silent political/sexual beliefs?

Man, I bet it must hurt to have that shit turned right around on you.
>>
>>54187739
>Why are you imagining things and why they might be a problem?
I wish I could be like you, not having a brain to think with.
>>
>>54187662
Get off the cross you whiny fag. You fundamentally misunderstand how people see not going to a pride parade, and there's nothing controversial about not going unless you start going on some dumbass "god hates fags" or "muh degeneracy" rant exposing yourself as an annoying cunt. I mean if this was the east coast or some other country I could see an argument that you're expected to actually befriend your coworkers, but we don't even give a shit about that here
>>
>>54187777
>Man, I bet it must hurt to have that shit turned right around on you.
Wouldn't know, I'm the boss.
>>
>>54187690
>Can't we go one day without this shit?
Afraid not, there's couple people genuinely pushing the agenda and couple more false flagging it to give the notion bad rap. Until we can sort them all out, the rainbowgargling will go on.
>>
>>54187797
>and there's nothing controversial about not going
>>54187690
>It's WotC making sure they don't get wrecked by the general population of Seattle for being "anti-gay".
Sounds like you two need to have a talk. You can't both be right.
>>
>>54187773
In this case maybe in the funhouse mirror sense
>>
>>54187756
The evidence points otherwise, fag.
>>
>>54187797
>and there's nothing controversial about not going
Oh such naivete
>>
>>54187578
Pretty sure an engineer who landed a fucking spacecraft on a comet got reduced publicly to tears by feminist witch hunting
>>
>>54185804

I wonder if there are homosexual dragons.
>>
>>54187502
The last few written relationships we've been exposed to are the akward lesbian feelings between Chandra and Nissa, Liliana being toxic to Jace because of course a traditionally beautiful woman can't be good, the gay kings from Theros, an asexual aetherborn that identified as lesbian by dating a granny (because no matter how much you caim to be LGBT+ asexualisty isn't marketable so it has to be undermined) and a couple of lesbian hunters back in Innistrad.
>>
>>54187794
You clearly don't if you think day dreaming situations of you getting discriminated against in made up situations means anything of note. Have fun literally acting like the self victimising left.
>>
>>54187809
And you think it would be right or are you just without any empathy?
>>
>>54187732
I think you care about things in general a little too much. Instead of talking about some minor event that is inconsequential in a vacuum, why don't we talk about something that is fun? This will only become a problem if we make it out to be. No use in fretting over a petty act when there are things where concerns are of things that actually exist. Outrage begets outrage, and outrage is often times these days the fuel of unnecessary conflict that wastes time and resources.
>>
>>54187831
The "problematic" shirt? Well, can't expect man dedicated to science to be up to date with the latest social sensibilities (and sensitivities), but god damn his company should have some PR person that will know better. That's what they are for.
>>
>>54187159
I love this post. It's tied all the cunts up in knots trying to fit it into their black-and-white world view. No matter which way they swing at it, they're going to end up making the other sides point.
>>
>>54187732
>you three faggots
This is the first time I've responded to thread like thisI lurk nearly 98% of the time. Also, why are you so fucking salty mate?
>>
>>54187738
>Luckily I am a liberal, so I thank the invisible hand of the market for slapping down unprofitable right-wing bullshit that I don't want to see, and validating my views above all else.
Marvel has demonstrated left-wing views are the unprofitable ones. WotC just works 2 years behind and GW hired the wrong people. Brace for the economic pushback.
>>
>>54185804
>Yellow.
>Purple.
WTF? Why aren't they using the BRGUW colors that are *actually* part of MtG?
>>
>>54187911
A civilized society should be able to keep their stupid opinions out of science. Nagging fatasses that have never done shit in their lives shouldn't have any power over how the 1% of scientists decide to dress while performing the most stressing and demanding adventure in their lives.
>>
>>54187830
>doesn't believe a made up story
>sooooooo naive
>>
>>54187967
Do you think corporate actually cares about that shit?
>>
>>54185880
>gay people making their sexuality their most defining feature
It sucks that there can be parades and events for anything else and no one would look to the people who attend them and think, "they're making whatever this is about their most defining feature". How do you even begin to assume that?
>>
>>54188067
>thinks not believing the story is the naivete
>not understanding that often the left takes the 'if you are not with us you are against us' point of view, and often the case is if you are not actively pro-sjw beliefs, then you are against them
>>
>>54188067
You're a retard. Not believing in a made up story is not what's making you naieve. What's making you naive is the fact that you can't see someone getting discriminated for not actively supporting the popular or trending belief. It's rather ironic to be honest.

Gay-pride started because the popular belief was the being gay is weird/wrong. Now that that's not the case anymore, it has shifted to not actively being pro-gay-pride is weird/wrong. Doesn't see the hypocrisy in it.
>>
>>54187831
He was sorry for what he did. He obviously cares what people think and he didn't have to be sorry, his job wasn't at stake.

>>54188056
The mission didn't fail because feminists got buttblasted. Anyone can leave an opinion online and nagging fatasses can go ahead and bitch. They didn't force anything, people just get vicariously outraged on both sides. It wasn't that big of a deal either way. I mean really, on this site no one talks about the science this man did, just the reaction to his shirt. We're talking about reactions to reactions years later, that's how unwilling to move on people are here.
>>
>>54188161
>This is how the company would act cause it fits my narrative of being the victim
>>
>>54188110
Literally every parade is this. You don't go to Sturgis to learn about other people's religions and how their family is doing, you go to check out their bikes.

Individuals are people, groups are things. LGBT people are being turned into assets to use for marketing purposes like enviromentalists, blacks and hippies were in the past, and they don't even notice.

If you march doesn't have opposition, it's not a march, it's a commercial.
>>
>>54188209
There is a difference in seeing the potential chance for discrimination over claiming that's how the specific company would do things.
>>
>>54188245
Everyone is a asset to be used to marketers.
>>
>>54187950
>Marvel has demonstrated left-wing views are the unprofitable ones.

The entire entertainment industry is biased towards the left, and they sneak their values into all kinds of films and TV shows.

And people love it. They can't buy enough of it. Look at how much SJW shit is in Game of Thrones, and people fucking love that. The left is so powerful as a consumer demographic that the risk of pissing off even a tiny portion of it can make companies drop their plans on a dime.

Meanwhile the right can howl about boycotting things and nobody gives a shit, because you're not important compared to leftist consumers and you won't do shit anyway.

Money talks and bullshit walks. Leftist anger makes an impact, rightist anger doesn't do shit. You can imagine that this is because of magic space aliens casting mighty spells, or you can accept the reality. People literally won't buy your ideas.
>>
>>54188220
>his job wasn't at stake.
Funding was, all because this man wore a shit made by his alt-chic best friend as a lucky charm.
On a funny sidenote the company that makes the shirt's print makes a lot of sexy male prints too, I bet if he had worn this print instead he would have been declared a national hero.
>>
>>54188209
Not that guy, but this idea of "you're not the victim, I'M the victim" that spins from the theory that you'll be passed for a promotion for not attending a pride parade and therefore being anti-gay is just kind of silly. For one, plenty of gays aren't keen on pride parades.

But then again, not smoking with the right people, not golfing with the right people, not attending the right church, and a whole bunch of other factors go into the game of climbing the ladder if you want to play it. If you want to think that way, it goes deeper than just one pride parade, but here you are fixated on a single event.
>>
>>54188245
I think we're talking about two different things. The idea of "being gay being someone's most defining feature" seems to be a kneejerk that a lot of people have to anything or anyone remotely gay. People who attend these events are more than just gay, but on that day they're celebrating the freedom to be out, among other things.
>>
>>54188318
>And people love it. They can't buy enough of it.
They love it so much Marvel has declared to have lost way too much money, to the point that in 2016 the sold less than DC Comics for the first time in 63 years, thanks to the diversity SocJus push in their catalog.
The left doesn't buy shit, but you are right that their ceaceless howling can ruin an IP. So companies have to sacrifice profit to please them instead of grabbing their fucking balls and surviving through criticism by the power of money all because the other rich people are trying to force cultural marxism.

In the end though, the companies that survive through thick and thin are not the ones that bend to social pressures. The Coca-Cola company has lived through all modern recessions despite being demonized constantly by their opposition. All they had to do was continue making money until they had more money than all their opponents put together and now they control the narrative.
>>
>>54188335
>Funding was
Source?

And yeah, that company making male and female sexy patterns doesn't add much to the conversation, as the company wasn't part of the conversation.
>>
>>54188318
Im guessing the trump election is ALL russia right? Because in the left-friendly world you describe, a guy like Trump would have never even been close to elected.

The reason media bends over backwards for the left because the left cries harder than the right. The right doesn't raise a stink about getting offended by every little thing, therefor general media and movies don't feel the need to pander to them.

But if your mainstream show doesn't have a female/gay/black/diversewhateverthefuckthatmeansnowadays lead, then Hollywood has hell to pay. Sure the right has some that speaks out against improper representation of the american public, but it's not as much compared to the mass population of self-vicimized white guilt babies that dominate social media.

It's the silent majority vs the loud minority. Who do you think generally wins that battle when it comes to media companies doing market research, which just generally means reading trending topics on twitter?
>>
>>54188418
>"being gay being someone's most defining feature"
>"being black being someone's most defining feature"
>"being mexican being someone's most defining feature"
>"being muslim being someone's most defining feature"
>"being christian being someone's most defining feature"
>"being white being someone's most defining feature"
>"being male being someone's most defining feature"
The left thinks three of these are true and enough of a reason to hate and discriminate against you.
Again, individuals are people, groups are numbers. If it benefits my company or politic party to say you are shit because you play or don't play a specific game, I will do so, and with enough money behind my statements they will become true. And suddenly it doesn't matter if you're Jesus reincarnate, you are shit because people heard long enough that people who share a quality with you are shit.

It is self-defeating to help companies segregate us by doing things such as attending a pride parade.
>>
>>54188318
>Look at how much SJW shit is in Game of Thrones
Yeah, like being a girl being raped into loving someone, tiddies, raping a woman as a form of torture, peaceful idealistis getting murdered an episode after being introduced, a woman being raped in her forced marriage, all black characters being scumbags or just dying, and characters bragging about raping women. Oh but yeah, there was that one time that guy was almost raped by a guy, so I guess that's SJW shit. I actually don't know what that means at this point.
>>
>>54188464
>Im guessing the trump election is ALL russia right? Because in the left-friendly world you describe, a guy like Trump would have never even been close to elected.
Trump was in fact elected because the left believed itself invulnerable.
Lesson is: Don't drink your own kool-aid.
>>
>>54188546
It's just weird that the moment Verizon sets up a both at the pride event, suddenly the event is only about marketing and nothing else. Now you're throwing around the word "segregate" when a more reasonable argument for whatever you are arguing would be about appealing to demographics. It kind of seems like you're grasping at straws to justify a victim complex.
>>
>>54188464
so fucking this. the presidential election is the biggest demonstrator to this.

do you remember how the media protrayed the election would go? how social media generally predicted it? i was a trump voter and i was nearly convinced it would be an election loss from how much everyone said it would. the right was so sure in its victory that even obama was practically hanging the 'welcome back hillary' banners. the entire nation's media outlets portrayed a landslide victory for hillary.

but it didn't turn out that way did it? come to find out, not enough american give a shit about what ariana grande has to say. the general media, news media, social media, was completely shocked and stunned at the outcome. why? because they were so fucking out of touch with the way things really are. they are so used to being in the leftwing echo chamber that they couldnt concieve any other point of view.

it's the same with marvel right now. they are learning that it's not the critics and internet voices they need to listen to, but the actual people who buy the tickets
>>
>>54188682
But what's funny is that somewhere in the spirit of what it is to be "SJW" is that this confirms what they think: There is an uphill battle. Sure, they have their niche groups and they're more normalized, but there is still work to be done.
>>
>>
Sometimes I believe that the LGBT people were discriminated against not for their sexual preferences or the religious beliefs of their oppressor but for how obnoxious they can become.
>>
>>54188446
>The left doesn't buy shit, but you are right that their ceaceless howling can ruin an IP. So companies have to sacrifice profit to please them instead of grabbing their fucking balls and surviving through criticism by the power of money all because the other rich people are trying to force cultural marxism.

Let's all appreciate just how fucking hard he tried to make this make sense.

To summarise:
>The left don't buy anything, but are also rich, and they can ruin an IP but that doesn't matter because more money can be made by ignoring being ruined, but companies won't do that because they care more about what rich leftists who don't buy things think than about profit.

Genuine top post. Would read it again.
>>
>>54188778
Obviously all groups have those who standout for negative reasons. The thing about being gay is that you don't have to be wearing-a-rainbow-thong-shouting-YAAAAASSSS-in-a-parade kind of gay. It's perfectly fine to not like those types.
>>
>>54185804
>Do we need more explicit and inclusive themes/cards in MtG
Magic was already pretty inclusive. I said so in another thread, but the only visually underrepresented group in magic is fat people. Women, black, Asian, muscular, tanned, thin, barely clothed, fully clothed, old, whatever. All there in some measure. But then again I don't care if the titties, legs, and abs of my card waifu/husbandos are white, black, blue, or grey so a set or two of nonwhites doesn't bother me.
>games in general
Probably.
>>
>>54188865
I like your opinion. Also I never noticed the lack of fat characters in MtG. Good catch.
>>
File: ilOUG.jpg (127KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
ilOUG.jpg
127KB, 800x450px
A great wave is crashing down
>>
>>54188956
Is that a WotC pride parade?
>>
>>54188674
Demography is segregation.
You think too possitively of corporate culture.
It's understandable, SJWs are kids of white collar and rich parents. No wonder the only privilege they don't believe in is economic privilege, the only one that's real.
>>
>>54188742
Of course there's still work to be done, there's still white males alive!
>>
>>54185988
Hope it's not Paul...
>>
>>54189179
You think I'm an SJW because I'm not making a big deal out of the ever present marketers in a capitalist society. I don't think I can help you with that.

>No wonder the only privilege they don't believe in is economic privilege, the only one that's real.
I guess they want to be taxed more for some other reason.
>>
>>54188778
As an oldfag who was very exposed to the 80's gay culture because biker and metalhead cultures were tangentially related. A lot of the hate at the time was caused by gay men who were purposedly irresponsible with drugs because once you had AIDS you could only fuck gays. Heroin was such a massive business and necessity at the time to so many young people in subcultures that any meddling generated massive antagonism.
>>
>>54188789
>the SJW can't undestand economic intersectionalism.
>>
>>54188956
He looks so dissapointed.
>>
>>54189429
No, he just looks British.
>>
>>54189429
That's polite disdain. The only emotion British people feel.
>>
>>54185804
sure, I have no problem with gay people in magic cards. Let there be gay people in magic cards who cares. It this makes some lgbt nerds feel less ostracized then I'm all for it.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.