[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain GW's sales logic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: gdubslogo.jpg (164KB, 1391x579px) Image search: [Google]
gdubslogo.jpg
164KB, 1391x579px
This shit just makes no sense to me. Here's the conundrum:

>GW sells shit to online retailers on ebay or elsewhere
>you can thus get products 15-25% consistently in the US, sometimes more in the UK depending on store
>LGSs and other third-party IRL retailers also have 10-20% discounts or sales
>GW proceeds to force its proprietary store managers to only sell at the MSRP with no sales or discounts ever
>there is literally no reason for people to buy from them except guilt
>they can't kick out players that buy online, because those players are still benefiting the company, just indirectly
>and yet the managers have to meet sales quotas

Why?
>>
>>54181205
>>there is literally no reason for people to buy from them except guilt

And it works, GW store sales were up 15% last year.

You dont change something that works.
>>
>>54181218
I bet they had an increase in customer base over 15% last year though.
I returned awhile ago, bought stuff at GW, pretty sick of buying stuff there already. Why go to a store, line up at a PC order shit and have to come back for it days later.
I can order to my place at a discount from my own PC and it will be here just as fast and don't have to leave my place once.
>>
>>54181218
That would imply that anything had changed in their strategy from the year before, but nothing did. That could fall under new product releases--the people who normally "guilt-bought" were buying more on average for those.
>>
>>54181205
>Why?
Bulk of store sales are from walk-in buyers or casual locals who don't know anything about online shopping.

The best stores/staff also foster a community, but that's not really necessary for meeting targets unless the location is really fucking terrible.
>>
>>54181218
>And it works, GW store sales were up 15% last year.
We have fresh annual report?
>>
>>54181205
The stores are basically marketing. Something GW does, but it is not aware that it does.

Marine wank in 40k and AoS is marketing, but it seems that GW thinks marines are just super duper popular, instead of a product of their own intentional marketing.

The main example is, it is easier to list the starter sets and board marines that do not have marines, than list the ones that do.
Even in WHF products you got images and stuff about marines.

Picture GW if they actually did proper marketing research, they could simply eliminate every other competition. Since they are rather incompetent other companies have shown up.
>>
>>54181205
direct sales by manufacturers are always expected to sell above other retailers or else retailers get mad
>>
>>54181205
apply this to any fucking company in existance. it's called laziness and convenience. if someone sees something infront of them, they're likely to buy it there rather than going home, ordering and waiting. even if they know it's going to cost them a bit more. welcome to marketing 101 fucknut.
>>
>>54184090
of course they're fucking aware of it, don't be a moron. the whole reason gw is as big as it is is the stores. a high street presence that no other mini maker has. they know exactly what they have and how to use it.
>>
>>54186718
>>54181314
I'm more than glad to spend extra money buying from my LGS, those places are hanging on by a thread. I'd rather spend a little more and travel 30 minutes to play rather than order online and travel 2 hours to play.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.