[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventurers league

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

What's /tg/s opinion on adventurers league. Seems like an okay way to meet other players, especially because I just moved. Anyone have some good experiences? Any horror stories?
>>
>>54179819
It's fun to play, as long as you don't mind being railroaded hardcore. Everything is really streamlined, it's on rails 24/7 that you can't deviate from, but it's a good way to get started and meet people for sure.

But to DM for AL, I really hated it because of the hardcore railroading. It's hard to memorize every nuance for multiple adventures for an event while railroading the players hardcore down a very specific path they can never deviate from. To me, it really goes against how I like to DM. But as a forever DM it's nice to play once and a while.

Also, the magic item distribution system is kinda shit, only one play each session out of the entire party gets a special or magic item.
>>
>>54180183

Different guy here. If I wanted to give it a try what should i know/expect in advance?
>>
I showed up for it once, and there were about ten times as many players as there were DMs. Spent a really long time before it was my turn in combat, didn't get to do anything out of combat because of everyone talking over me at once, didn't go back since that was just unworkable.
>>
>>54179819
It is an excuse for stores to make groups and not to bribe DMs with free drinks. The expiriences I had with it where very bad. The DM played by the book 100% even tho it wasn't officially supported by Wizards. AL should rot and die, for it does nothing good. Better make it lose or give the DM's and players something for playing half-coocked adventures full of rubbish plots and stupid events.
>>
Why would someone DM AL? Is it paid?
>>
>>54181338
No, you get dice and shit.
Oh wait you don't, THEY NEVER SEND IT YOUR WAY.
>>
>>54179819

Behind the scenes it's a complete shitshow and will be until WotC has the sense to fire Robert Adducci. Given the choice between DMing for AL one more time or having a $10 bill stapled to my forehead my response would be "before I decide do I get to keep the ten?"

But

There are some AL DMs who bust ass to provide new people, both to the area and the hobby, with a chance to play and network and I respect that. But to hell with the paid staff.
>>
>>54181549
The dms at stores I've played at were paid. Maybe yours just got cheated
>>54180183
Well considering you have like 3 hours to burn though enough of the adventure while maintaining enough cohesion the rest of it doesn't become irrelevent, railroading is really your only choice
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.