[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Delver a fun pauper deck?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: delver.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
delver.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Is Delver a fun pauper deck?
>>
U Delver has nothing but counterspell/spellstutter going for it. Stompy/Affinity are better aggro decks, Kuldotha deck are better value decks and Dimir is better at control.

UR Delver with Skred is fun but loses to itself quite often because of ash barrens/evolving wilds manabase.
>>
Mono U delver is the only deck I play after having tried a lot of pauper decks. It is much more fun than any deck in the format because it has more play than any other deck in the format. Affinity is boringly easy to play and the gameplan is always the same - same with Stompy, Elves, and the control variants (the control decks are easy because they are almost purely reactive all the time, especially many of the Teachings builds).

Tron is a great deck too, not as fun to play but a lot more deckbuilding choices than Delver. The U delver maindeck doesn't change a lot, and while there is a little bit of room in the sideboard it's just not as fun a deck to tweak as Tron.

Gameplay wise, Delver has the most going for it. Gush is really hard to play correctly but really powerful. The deck is both aggro and control, and a lot of the time you have to navigate between roles. You're not really a dog to a lot of decks, but you're never going to really really stomp on anyone. The midgame is really fun because of the low cost of your cards combined with gush, daze, and cantrips.
>>
>>54174413

If you like an aggro/tempo deck that has quite a bit of interaction and card draw, sure. Thing is, if you don't put your opponent on the defensive on the first couple turns things usually don't go well for you, and sometimes you just don't draw the cards you need and your board presence becomes increasingly less impressive after turn 3-4.
>>
>>54175878
Sounds interesting, thanks for the thoughtful reply.
>>
So... Pauper thread?
Playing with a Grixis Control Deck, lots of removals and Angler as wincon
>>
Pauper isn't fun
>>
>>54182245
y
>>
>>54174413
Yes.

Counterspells are fun.

Ponder and Preordain are fun.

Gush is fun.

And we have a hyper efficient idiot to close games out fast against pesky aggro decks.

Always play Delver in Pauper. It is possibly the most fun deck to play.
>>
>>54183199
>implying

UR PROWESS PRIDE WORLD WIDE MOST FUN PAUER DECK
>>
Give me your speciest meme decks.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.