[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever played a campaign that was so bad it was good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: TheRuum.jpg (21KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
TheRuum.jpg
21KB, 550x550px
Have you ever played a campaign that was so bad it was good?

I'd post mine in length, but I've already posted them on old threads.
>VtR game where due to ludicrous XP gain, we had a personal army by session 2
>nWoD game where we all prepared characters for a journey to the afterlife but instead fought alien chickens
>>
File: 1499134642506.jpg (97KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499134642506.jpg
97KB, 720x960px
>>54166550
I ran a one shot that basically became time warp. Players consisted of anime fighting man, stevie wonder, and NotDonald Trump. Stevie wonder was dual wielding revolvers with acog sights, NotTrump had a chunk of Rebar tied onto a long rope and anime guy could jump really high and had a mingun.

Campaign started in Detroit, battling gangs and aliens and ended on D-day against a militant group of zoo animals. For every new encounter the players would each give a random suggestion and I'd roll to see which it was.

Stupid? Yes.
Fun? Hell yes.
>>
>>54166721
>Stevie wonder was dual wielding revolvers with acog sights
but why would stevie wonder need sights
>>
Yes, it was one of our most successful and fun campaigns. We've been playing together for about six years now, and I can confidently say that most of our games been either bland and uninspired garbage or "mysterious" where we don't get an answer to anything because the GM couldn't be arsed to make something up. At least when one of the two "bland" GMs (me being the other) fucks something up, we get to have fun by cracking jokes at his exense.
>>
>>54166550
Oh god yes. And the funny part is that it was apparently ripped off, it wasn't even original garbage. (Although I only found this out long after the fact).

I've told the story before, so probably a 3 part greentext that you can skip if you've seen it.

>We're soldiers defending this little fort.
>And I mean seriously little, the entire garrison is 7 people.
>We're at war with Illithids.
>Who are not psionic, and only some of them do magic.
>They do, however, have cannons, and ride wyverns into battle.
>Ok, whatever
>Defend the fort against 3-4 assaults.
>Things get pretty bad, and we're considering using this teleporter to escape, but DM constantly says "No, you don't want to flee yet" in the most direct railroading fashion possible.
>Final assault leads to Illithids teleporting inside the fort (how? Why didn't they do this before!?), and then the DM "subtly" hinting to us that we should flee to the teleporter that there's now a gang of squidmen between us and them.
>We manage to make it though.
>Teleport to a friendly city far behind the lines
>Which, somehow, through reasons unexplained, has been sacked by the Illithids.
>Everyone's dead.
>Well, except for our new companion, a DMPC named "Petey".
>Petey introduces himself by mentioning he hid among the bodies of the slain, and that he is "The one who fellates The Giver".
>No, we can't leave him behind.
>Enter stealth mode as we try to leave the city. There are a zillion Illithids, and being discovered was a quick route to death.
>We come across a magical but apparently useless wand as we sneak about.
>Throw it in the pack and forget about it.
>After much sneaking and a smidgen of combat, we come to the front gate undetected.
>But there's an Illithid on a wyvern guarding it, and no way to approach him undetected.
>Attacking would be suicide
>None of our spells seem to work
>DM reminds us that he added some new spells to the roster for the campaign

1/3
>>
File: OPstudy.jpg (61KB, 685x474px) Image search: [Google]
OPstudy.jpg
61KB, 685x474px
>>54166550
Lie fag bait. OP is fag for posting unbelievable baitshit
>>
>>54166550
>>54168151

>One of them is a "Blasting ritual", which takes 20 minutes and the combined magical resources of all the party's spellcasters, and is basically a siege weapon blast.
>It's useless, but the only one that is even marginally applicable, so we try it, more to placate our idiot GM
>It works better than perfectly, causing the gate to crumble and to impale the Illithid on a flying piece of iron portcullis
>We scarper out.
>Eventually make our way back to the friendly lines.
>And by this I mean we had our GM announce where we were going, give us two random encounters to fight, and then tell us we were trapped in a sally port in a friendly fortress
>They think we're under mental influence by the Illithid.
>Don't forget, the Illithid in this campaign have shown 0 capability to do mental magic.
>But they won't let us in.
>DM, through Petey, prods us to do something.
>We don't want to
>Threatens to kill and eat one of the party members (Yes, he was a cannibal, because that's a trait you want in your soldiers).
>We use the blasting ritual again.
>Nobody interrupts us even though we're under observation
>Blow a hole into the fort
>Get attacked by the soldiers there
>Kill them all.
>Archmage teleports in and attacks us after demanding we surrender, which we refuse.
>Beat him, barely.
>ANOTHER FUCKING ARCHMAGE teleports in, demands we surrender
>Pretty much out of everything after the last few fights, so surrender.
>GM congratulates us on this decision, Archmage #1 (Sathon or something) would have murdered us as soon as we surrendered, but Billeck, the second one, needs our help.
>Bear in mind we had never heard of these people before, and had no idea who they were or what they wanted.
2/3
>>
>>54166550
>>54168151
>>54168170
>Anyway, Billeck shanghais us into opening diplomacy with these elves, since we're losing the war to the mind flayers and need help.
>After some rest and healing, teleports us to this elven citadel.
>Elves attack us on sight
>Kill them all.
>Wait, weren't we supposed to talk to them.
>As we stand on the shattered remanents of this citadel, a mage in a technicolor robe comes up to us, and announces he is "Disco Joe"
>He tells us that we survived the campaign, but didn't "Win" it, because we didn't find all four of those useless "Binding wands" and use them in a ritual in a shop in the town that we didn't even know about, which is why we won't find out what is really going on.
>>
>>54168195
>>He tells us that we survived the campaign, but didn't "Win" it, because we didn't find all four of those useless "Binding wands" and use them in a ritual in a shop in the town that we didn't even know about, which is why we won't find out what is really going on.

What is this Silent Hill 1 bullshit?
>>
>>54168450
Well, like I said, I've told this story before, and in a previous posting, it was apparently cribbed off a video game, Echoes something or other. I had never heard of it. I'm guessing it makes marginally more sense in the original? But I don't really know, to be honest. Plus, in a computer game, with the option of loading if things go wrong, the "sneak around an occupied city" is slightly less insane. We were just trying to get out ASAP.
>>
File: what the fuck did I read.gif (3MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck did I read.gif
3MB, 540x304px
>>54168153
>Hey guys, have you ever played a so bad it's good game? I have.
>"FUCKING BAIT THREAD SHIT THAT NEVER HAPPENED HAHAHAHAH"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.