[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I play an egoist anarchist character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0969.jpg (21KB, 150x387px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0969.jpg
21KB, 150x387px
How do I play an egoist anarchist character?
>>
>>54162456
>lol fuck morals gibs me dat ding I want
>>
>>54162456

The destruction of society is one of your core wants that lead to self fulfilment.

Kbai
>>
>>54162456
You rang?
>>
>>54162456
You accept that there is no higher power but the self.

You accept that concepts like morality, spirituality, and the social compact are intangible concepts that have no more control over them than you allow.

You accept that authority is by it's nature tyrannical, and while good or evil are spooks, it is preferable to you and your ability to self determination to reject it.

You accept that these viewpoints are not beneficial to your fellow man, but co-dependence and mutual reciprocation are spooks anyway

You accept that society is made of individuals, and only the individual matters. The needs of the many weigh less than the needs of the few. Responsibilities to unknown is a spook.

You write chaotic neutral in the alignment field.

You base your actions on what is of maximum benefits to you, and your wants. That doesn't necessarily mean being all dick, all the time. Even if reciprocation is a spook, maintaining the pretense of it gains you an advantage over those who believe in the spook.

If the villain wants to destroy the world, you live in the world. All your stuff is there. It is in your best interest to stop it.

Likewise, if helping others helps you somehow, or you simply want to because that is your desire, it is acceptable to do that.

What you reject is responsibility or the NEED to behave in this way. You operate on pure self determination.
>>
>>54162456
play as an adventurer in D&D
>>
>>54162456
Basically as an existentialist that isn't necessarily concerned with existential meaning. This means livin in good faith with yourself and doing things because you want to do them; never lying to yourself by convincing yourself that you do them for reasons beyond yourself.
>>
>>54162525
Max Stirner puts the "Max" in "Mad Max". An absolute fucking psychopathic philosophy almost on par with AnCaps and AnComs
>>
>>54162585
He really doesn't. He just suggests acknowledging that you accept that you do things because you decide to do them, rather than because of an external essence. It's not much different from Sartre's ideas of radical freedom versus bad faith.
>>
>>54162540
kek
>>54162456
every time I see a question like this I ask what setting your talking about
>>
File: IMG_0970.png (52KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0970.png
52KB, 1200x1200px
To me anarchism is fascinating. You literally cannot have anarchism, which at its core is the abolition of hierarchies be they state or corporate, without sacrificing your standard of living.

It's an interesting discussion which hinges on the question of whether absolute liberty and freedom is worth more than the luxuries that subservience provides.
>>
>>54162637
aside from that humans fall naturally into hierarchies, even tribalism is a hierarchy, we literally cannot not have hierarchies it is hardwired into our fucking brains by millennia of monkey instinct
>>
>>54162456
be wary of spooks
>>
>>54162651
A lot of anarchism seems like wishful thinking put forward by professional day dreamers.
>>
>>54162686
I think part of anarchisms appeal is it's a philosophical rejection of the negative aspects of humanity.

Framed purely as a hypothetical that helps us identify our shortcomings and hypocrisies so we can work on self improvement it's fine.

Within the context of understanding that we are not advanced enough socially, technologically, or mentally to really achieve such goals in completeness and instead developing a roadmap that allows us to move towards incremental self improvement.

Of course, by that methodology, it also fits my definition of a RELIGION done properly, so...
>>
>>54162711
So basically it's just a pretentious, contrarian title you give yourself so you can hastily absolve any personal responsibility of solving society's problems?

>"Because there is police brutality the police as an abstract concept are at fault and therefore you're an idiot for believing that anyone should enforce laws!"

>"historically, some laws have been oppressive to the populace therefore believing the state has any authority to issue legislation is stupid and you're an idiot!"

Instead of fixing anything just label the abstract concept behind it the problem and pretend like you're a better person for doing it

The only way an anarchist society could function practically would be as a communal sustenance farming community or maybe as pastoral nomads but that stuff is icky and not befitting an intellectual amirite?
>>
>>54162637
>You literally cannot have anarchism
You can, though. The problem is that humans aren't ready for anarchism yet, because at its core anarchism hinges on the fact that every individual would provide luxuries for himself.
It's just that the technology hasn't caught up with the anarchistic outlook yet. Imagine if the humanity was basically an entire race of space wanderers. If the entirety of humanity was individually capable of leaving Earth and colonizing and terraforming whatever planet they wanted and then settling down there, that would be as close to anarchism as it gets.
Anarchism is possible if the amount of resources readily available for anyone vastly outnumbers the amount of resources needed.
>>
>>54162456
Play yourself.

Goes against 99% of all Gameworlds
>>
Like this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renzo_Novatore
>>
File: C95XQxXXUAALBqf.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
C95XQxXXUAALBqf.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
From what I understand of Pathfinder it has exactly the catboys and spooks you want, from what I understand of Stirner anyway.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.