[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix Gnolls?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Gnolls.jpg (44KB, 281x499px) Image search: [Google]
Gnolls.jpg
44KB, 281x499px
How do we fix Gnolls?
>>
>>54161636
Cut their balls off with scissors.
>>
>>54161636
Depends, what do you consider broken about them?

Too similar to orcs? Then play Orcs out of Warcraft and Gnolls as the hyena-man rage-zombies out of 5e.

Too pure evil and cultureless? Use the Playing Gnolls fluff from Dragon #367 and kick the ass of anyone who complains about not using 5e fluff at the table.
>>
>>54161636
Get them to the vet
>>
>>54161664
That was a good article. The only problem I have with Keith Baker's gnolls is that he should've manned-up and used the word "rape." From the context of Dragon 367, you knew he wanted to.
>>
>>54162132
They should do this with the orcs and half orcs as well instead of going the "human proved themselves worthy" copout route.
>>
>>54161662
/thread
>>
Just look at real life hyenas. Their behaviour is fascinating.
>>
>>54162132
>>54162235
It still bothers me how WotC and Paizo and most every company out there is willing to say Gnolls and Orcs "savage" their opponents and half-orcs are the "spawn of violence and tragedy" yet never actually say, "YO THAT GUY IS A RAPE BABY."

I believe 20 year olds are mature enough to understand that some things have a malicious intelligence geared towards domination, and as we are always told by the media the most dominating act you could do to anyone is rape them.
>>
>>54165959
You know what? Forget hyenas.

Base them on the African wild dogs instead.
>>
>>54161636
More HYENA, HYENA! HYENA!!!
Less "is that a wolf-man?"
>>
>>54162235
They shouldn't, because 4e's take was, again, better.
>>
>>54162132
I would actually pay good money to see not only the 4e fluff restored for gnolls, not only a decent gnoll PC statblock, but also to get decent half-gnolls added to the game.

Seriously, we had two versions of them in 3.0, both were 3rd party, and both sucked.
>>
There is nothing wrong with them to begin with.
>>
>>54161636
I made mine large-sized, albeit very skinny and long-limbed, like an nba player. I gave them low-light vision, +2 listen/spot/survival, a secondary bite attack, +1 nat armor, 40ft speed, and the same ability bonuses/penalties. They mostly use spears, but some manage to get their hands on greatbows, They basically replace africans in my world, living in savannahs and temperate plains, as nomadic hunters, but occasionally having villages.
>>
>>54165976

They don't want an influx of furries.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.