[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The /tg/ Related Nasu Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 78

Wherein we continue to discuss the Nasu Universe, Fate/Stay, Pokemon battles with historical figures and the best systems with which to enjoy these conceits in the form of a traditional roleplaying game. Also how great the property would be if it wasn't controlled by waifu pandering eroge writing nip fuckers. In honor of America day/week/month, George Washington Heroic Spirits, summoning AMERICA, and why Saber sameface is a cancer that must be stopped.

Previous thread >>54148989
>>
File: CnKr9tyUMAAd8GU[1].jpg (65KB, 506x893px) Image search: [Google]
CnKr9tyUMAAd8GU[1].jpg
65KB, 506x893px
1st for cute girl (boy)s

Noble Paladin of Charlemagnes Court
Astolfo the fuccboi
>>
Now, to carry on with the idea of a special rule that technically makes all American heroic spirits the same six heroic spirits:

>Special Quality for American Heroic Spirits - E Pluribus Unum

>Written upon the Seal of the united states itself is this phase: out of many, one. Born too late as a nation to accrue the many myths and legends of older cultures, and in an era with a weakened Mana sphere, America never the less has a rich history of folk tales and myth. As a result, America's Heroic Spirits tend to be amalgamations of various individuals predicated on American IDEALS and mythology, rather than on any one individual human figure. As a result, their forms and abilities may vary slightly, but they are all born from the same root

I would take this a step further and suggest that ALL American Heroic Spirits are in fact, a SINGLE Heroic Spirit whose shape and nature changes based on the catalyst used. All attempts to summon figures from American Folklore summons THE IDEA OF AMERICA, personified in that figure.
>>
>>54159004

>Saber sameface is a cancer that must be stopped

Go back to bed MHX it'll be forever before you're out in NA anyway.
>>
>>54159174

Reminds me a little some stuff in the ol' Scion RPG by WW. There was a WW2 scenario with junior gods of England, France, UK etc who were frictioning with the classical european ones - lots of them were up-jumped Scions who had concepts like that - like a literal personification of the land of america was the goddess "Columbia", who had sisters like "Britannia" and "Marianne".

I wonder if I could kitbash Scion to do Fate stuff - you can do a lot of stupid bullshit in that game.
>>
File: 1499217308521.jpg (468KB, 1389x454px) Image search: [Google]
1499217308521.jpg
468KB, 1389x454px
I'm sorry OP, but you seem to have used the wrong pic.
>>
File: 350[1].png (200KB, 350x495px) Image search: [Google]
350[1].png
200KB, 350x495px
>>54159198
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
>>54159288

E PLURIBUS SABER
>>
>>54159334
>>54159288

Wielder of NP: The Sword of Promised Liberty - Four-Score-And-Seven-Calibur
>>
>>54159288
Who is that with Mordred's head?
>>
>>54159570
I dunno, I picked someone at random.
>>
File: Astolfos deepest lore.png (639KB, 891x678px) Image search: [Google]
Astolfos deepest lore.png
639KB, 891x678px
>>54159004
oh god it lives

>>54159020
yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>54159020
>not first for JANNU
>>
>>54159705
That doesn't happen to be Asanagi, does it?
>>
John Henry seems like an obvious servant.
>>
>>54159004
>Also how great the property would be if it wasn't controlled by waifu pandering eroge writing nip fuckers
>and why Saber sameface is a cancer that must be stopped.
Foolish /tg/, this is why you will never reach The Root and forever grasp only at the fringes of nasuverse threads, because you cannot see the truth. That these very things you condemn are an essential part of why the franchise is so great.
>>
File: 1437588600642.png (778KB, 450x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1437588600642.png
778KB, 450x1192px
>>
File: 1496726071997.jpg (75KB, 464x320px) Image search: [Google]
1496726071997.jpg
75KB, 464x320px
>>54159004
On the subject of "waifufagging Nip fuckers", Saber "sameface" isn't actually a problem. The problem is that Saber at all exists as a petite blonde girl. You can actually see this in her stat sheet in FSN, which proves she's just the author's pet.

>Invisible Air, Saber's first revealed NP
>not tied at all to the legends
>just something Nasu made up for the purposes of keeping Excalibur as a secret
>literally never once explained in the VN despite remaining a large plot element

>Mana Burst
>???
>somehow a thing despite not being a skill related to the Arthurian legends at all, at least not by King Arthur
>still remains her signature in providing her with a wind-based skillshot AND mana armor, used to defeat Heracles in conjunction with Invisible Air (for a little time)

>Instinct
>literally just plot armor: the skill
>because fuck you is why

And now for the non-stat-related logical leaps:
>had a few crotchspawn
>yet has a "virginal shrinking flower" demeanor during any of the H-scenes in the VN
>even though she's fucked a wife enough to have multiple children
>which makes no sense how did this happ;GJGfh
>mollusks
>>
>>54160006
Saber fathered those kids, not mothered. Merlin gave her a dick because wizards have no sense of right and wrong.
>>
File: tohsakas defenseless asshole.png (936KB, 1237x1520px) Image search: [Google]
tohsakas defenseless asshole.png
936KB, 1237x1520px
>>54160006
seiba is innocent of the last complaint
>>
>>54160091

Don't do it bro. Listen to your man Gil - it'll only get you brutally murdered.
>>
Some guy was posting about his autistic nasu canon. Did someone screen cap it?
>>
>>54160006
>>54160082

Arthur and Guinevere generally aren't depicted with children and I'm pretty sure the ideal kingship of FSN Saber didn't involve getting any on the side (for Saber)

Canonically though merlin gave saber a dick to consummate the marriage at least once - and this is where Morgan Le Fay (who did have a lot of kids) got the material for Mordred.
>>
>>54160006
>Mana Burst
>???

Exactly.

Anyone who is vaguely competent know that it should be either Energy Burst or Prana Burst, depending on how you localize it.

Mana is a very specific thing in the Nasuverse, and Prana Burst uses Artoria's Od to fuel it, not Mana.
>>
>>54160183

One thing to note though, Arthurian myth is real messed up.

I mean in terms of the organization, not just all the other tragic shit. There may or may not have been an actual "Arthur" who defended the Isles from the Saxons. And then the Welsh spiced up that period with some mythological elements and many more confusing names. Then the broader British cut down and adapted the legend for a wider audience. And then the French got a hold of it and made it all about knights errant and courtly love.

>>54160288

Sometimes, I feel like the original japanese writers let translators/localizers just get away with stuff. Like "Altria". Did somebody in Japan see that and go "sounds good!"? That doesn't even sound like how her name is pronounced in japan
>>
File: 1477212145130.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1477212145130.gif
2MB, 448x252px
>>54160288
I can't even.
>>
>>54160315
Remember that time that an evil king was punished by god and turned into a poison-boar who laid waste to a fifth of Ireland in one day, and then Arthur had to go and steal the boar's comb and scissors?

Arthur being a girl ain't shit.
>>
File: 1498959036048.webm (3MB, 710x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498959036048.webm
3MB, 710x400px
>>
File: 10374125p.jpg (124KB, 868x1200px) Image search: [Google]
10374125p.jpg
124KB, 868x1200px
>>54160315
>Like "Altria". Did somebody in Japan see that and go "sounds good!"? That doesn't even sound like how her name is pronounced in japan

Basically, that's actually a marketing problem, not a translation problem. Every person on every localization team knows that "Altria" sounds retarded. But they can't change it due to orders from the nip superiors. See, back when F/SN was first popular, before Type-Moon gave a shit about English markets, they marketed F/SN merch under the name "Altria Pendragon", because as long as you have roman letters on something, it looks cool to japanese consumers, who wouldn't notice that the name was wrong either way. So there's tons of shit in Japan that has Altria on it, and that's how the company markets Saber stuff in every case.

So when it hit other markets, Type Moon had a problem on their hands. Fan translators had translated Saber's name as "Artoria" or "Arturia", and so that's what every English language consumer was expecting to see, but all of Type Moon had Altria on it instead. So Type Moon had three possible options.

1. Bow to the economic might of the west and change everything to Artoria, confusing and irritating the shit out of Japanese consumers who are seeing a decade-old name changing for seemingly no reason.

2. Tell the English market to fuck off and keeping Altria, at the risk of pissing off all of the Saber waifufags, who are seeing a decade-old name changing for seemingly no reason.

3. Spend lots of money to have two entirely different merchandise packaging for the separate markets, and hoping that the name change makes a bid enough sales difference to actually be worth it.

Type Moon chose option 2, because they're already making tons of money from Japanese whales, and there's no reason to piss them off in hopes of attracting more NA whales.
>>
>>54160520

Alas, I suspected it was something retarded like this.
>>
>>54160410

Poison-boar would fit right in >>54160472
>>
>>54160472
KICK HIS ASS MORDY!
>>
>>54160552

>>>/wsg/1763229

w/ sound, subs and more iron man noises and CLARENT BLOOD ARTHUR
>>
File: thumbs up alex.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up alex.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>54160611
thank you friend
>>
>>54160472
>>54160552
>Mordred
>Beating Siegfried
Waifu faggotry please. Siegfried myth was on another level than Arthur and Mordred
>>
>>54160712
then why does he suck in GO?
>>
>>54160749
Because Waifu faggotry, did you miss that part?
>>
>>54160712

Sumanai, Siegfried is only suited for killing dragons.
>>
>>54160773
Fate power level are wierd and half based on primacy of age (ala Gilgamesh) and half based on Fame. Siegfried has primacy of age. Arturia would have primacy of fame.

Mordred has neither.

Granted, Mordred's speciality being KILLING HEROES puts siegfried at a disadvantage, but aren't Arturia and Mordred both dragon types since UR PENDRAG?
>>
>>54160881
Being really goddamn ancient aside, Gil was a decent ass-kicker. Obviously he wasn't summoning swords out of mid-air but he was beating dudes up and fucking bitches.
>>
>>54160881
So, if someone stole an ancient Homo Sapiens corpse and used it in the summoning, would you get an invincible superhuman caveman as a servant?
>>
>>54161079
You'd just get yourself, you fucking retard, fuck you.
>>
>>54161079
Maybe if they were somehow convinced that Fred Flintstone was a real person and they'd found his corpse.
>>
>>54160881

I'd have to double-check, but yes I think part of the point in creating Mordred was to get the dragon core or whatever. Arturia definitely has the heart of a dragon or some bullshit.

Of course, that means Mordred is that much physically stronger and tougher - though I'm pretty sure she still can't kill Siegfried directly unless she finds his weak spot - or his master runs out of mana to sustain it.

I'd also argue Mordred as the anti-hero who killed King Arthur and also is his illegitimate incest child does definitely have some fame to back herself up. And Clarent has become a fairly famous sword and in universe should make the wielder mighty, and by many people today is conflated with the actual Sword In The Stone, though in Nasu that's Caliburn (And NP form Clarent Blood Arthur is fueled by how pissed of Mordred is). It should be a decent fight, probably an endurance rather than a pure skill match.

>>54161024

Also in the original legend Gil and Enkidu forge some fucking heavy as "daggers" which they must be using despite being something like "ten times sixty pounds each".

Fucking all the bitches in Uruk would probably be the metaphysical justification for Gate of Babylon though. Everything in the land belongs to Gil. Except Ishtar, she can go home. (It's kind of funny Ishtar is an Archer too. I wonder if Ereshkigal will be a Caster or something else).
>>
>>54161079
Only if that figure was legendary in some way.

So, Caine, basically. Should be the Ur-Assassin, not Hassan.
>>
>>54161104
Its actually kind of weird because Gil in his legend actually had a named axe [Might of Heroes] and bow [Anshan] yet neither appear in the franchise.
>>
>>54161129
It's almost as if Nasu is a fucking moron who just makes shit up as he goes along
>>
>>54161129
>>54161145

That - and also god knows how few people actually READ the Epic of Gilgamesh, not just have learned what it is and it's basic plot.
>>
File: Gilgamesh.jpg (539KB, 1605x2237px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh.jpg
539KB, 1605x2237px
>>54161145
>>54161162
To be fair, the original Gilgamesh was sort of a hybrid between the myth and what he eventually became. I'm torn on which design I like better though between the old and the new. The old clearly is more "Gilgameshey" but I also really like the canon armor.
>>
>>54161145
If Nasu knows one thing well, it's his mythology.
>>
File: dam son.jpg (85KB, 511x606px) Image search: [Google]
dam son.jpg
85KB, 511x606px
>>54161104
>Also in the original legend Gil and Enkidu forge some fucking heavy as "daggers" which they must be using despite being something like "ten times sixty pounds each".

>He went to the forge and said, ..'I will give orders to the armourers; they shall cast us our weapons while we watch them.' So they gave orders to the armourers and the craftsmen sat down in conference. They went into the groves of the plain and cut willow and box-wood; they cast for them axes of nine score pounds, and great swords they cast with blades of six score pounds each one, with pommels and hilts of thirty pounds. They cast for Gilgamesh the axe 'Might of Heroes' and the bow of Anshan; and Gilgamesh was armed and Enkidu; and the weight of the arms they carried was thirty score pounds.
>>
>>54161275
>he likes girls with glasses
>NP makes sense and isn't just sword spam
Prototype Gil confirmed superior
>>
>>54161323
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRuVe2voS1U

To be fair, he does sword-spam, just not as much. I mostly like that he's barechested and wears a skirt and sandals that actually looks Babylonian, as opposed to the Solar Superheavy Plate he normally wears.

Also Prototype has better hair.
>>
>>54161348
jesus christ thats not a sixpack thats armored fucking plates

Come to think of it Gil would be great art/inspiration for a Solar...
>>
>>54161348

Actually using a Bow is also cool too. Though class definitions have always been treated shakily.

>Stares at Casters Mozart, Hans Christian Andersen and Shakespeare in my inventory
>>
>>54161348
Man, these fights really seem like all flash and no substance. Guess that has its own appeal.
>>
>>54161405
>all flash and no substance
welcome to anime

This is why Babbet is my favorite character because she literally just punches people
>>
Every time I look at Prototype, I'm just happy we ended up with Stay Night instead.
>>
>>54161426
feel free to stop breathing ANY time as long as it's right now
>>
>>54159004
Terrible idea for the night:
>Live action fate/stay night movie(s)
>With Emma Watson as Saber.
>>
>>54159174
>>54159004
How would we stat the heroic spirit of chesty puller?
Berserker or archer?
Other stats
NP?
Maybe he reality marbles every member of the USMC and they unload their guns before fixing bayonets and charging
We can call it: from the halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli
>>
>>54161466
If this gets made you would not live to see its release.
>>
>>54161475
>myth of the citizen soldier
Archer
>>
>>54161546
is that a threat that you would come to kill me or just that TYPE-MOON's release schedules tend to be so fucking far apart, we'd all be dead by the time it happened?

>>54161104
>Ishtar
Wait, I thought summoning actual gods was against the grail rules? Or is that only the case with Fuyuki war?

>>54161129
>>54161275
I think Nasu knew about Anshan at least since, in proto-fate, Gil was going to combine those two swords (Possibly the twin daggers mention) into a bow which might have been Anshan.

It might have been a sad case where Nasu decided 'my idea is better, real myth go home'

Funnier still, just have Ea's 'Beam' take the shape of basically an axehead and you could have called it The Might od Heroes and it could have worked too.
>>
>>54161619
>is that a threat that you would come to kill me or just that TYPE-MOON's release schedules tend to be so fucking far apart, we'd all be dead by the time it happened?

yes
>>
>>54161619
>Wait, I thought summoning actual gods was against the grail rules?
They don't care in FGO because money.
>>
>>54161619
>>54161624
>Wait, I thought summoning actual gods was against the grail rules? Or is that only the case with Fuyuki war?

At least in FGO, they aren't summoned directly. Ishtar and Ereshkigal get put into Rin's body, sort of like how Mashu has Galahad. Hence all the Rin Tohsaka-as-Ishtar fanart.
>>
>>54161619
>Wait, I thought summoning actual gods was against the grail rules? Or is that only the case with Fuyuki war?

Since GO grail wars are fucked to hell weirdness, a lot of the rules are being broken.

Several deities have figured out that they can steal Saint Graphs from Heroes and be summoned in servant containers, albeit much weaker because they're in bodies that really shouldn't hold them.
>>
>>54161619

In FGO shit's real messed up with Space-Time, which theoretically allows Divine Spirits to appear also, but their abilities tend to be thrown out of whack by such things. It lowers their abilities to be in-line with normal heroic spirits, for instance Artemis pretends to be Orion and thus is limited to Orion like abilities rather than being a full blown Olympian deity.

Ishtar specifically in FGO also is possessing a physical body and that body is Rin's because what the other anon said about money.
>>
>>54161275
Gil starting the flood could be pretty neat to see in action, or maybe I'm just fond of Gormenghast.

>rain again today?
etc
>>
>>54161678

Listen, even if you like Rin, the smart money's on Ereshkigal. Not even Gilgamesh would touch Ishtar with his dick, and he banged every marriageable woman in Uruk.
>>
>>54161764
That's because he realized that most of the Ishtar legends are tragedies and he's significantly more mortal than she is.

He also called her a slut but it's mostly not wanting to end up having a tragic story of his own death be told that motivated him.
>>
>>54161817
>significantly
Now 1/3 more mortal than Ishtar!
>>
>>54161591
Does he have low independent action stat because hes a soldier and chain of command or high because hes a lieutenant general and thus high on the chain?
>>
File: iskandar.jpg (42KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
iskandar.jpg
42KB, 225x350px
>>54159004
It's not gay if its Greek, right?
>>
>>54162383
It's not gay if:

you're top
you're a kid being taught/groomed
>>
>>54160712
sumanai
>>
What good Servants have you seen elsewhere? I rather like the ones from Hollow Fake/Hollow Order.

>Elizabeth I/Drake bullying Dee
>literally everything Chanakya did nothing wrong
>motherfucking Mayan Hero Twins and the ball game
>when the players forgot to count

>best snek
>"You look like a fish fucked an Englishman."
>Sanson Alter has a motherfucking Stand
>Edison Conquers TYPE-Mars
>>
>>54161764
In his chapter of FGO she has come to Uruk every goddamn day trying to hit on him. It's become so irritating that he has has installed in the palace "anti-annoying goddess devices" which basically means nets dropped on her.
>>
>>54162864
Fufufu, foolish goddess, everyone knows Gilgamesh's dick is only for Enkidu
>>
>>54160749
>lol lets make killing dragons his specialty
>99% of dragons are riders and thus take neutral dmg from him
>not to mention that his stats are balanced for tanking but yet he has no taunt and the whole "enemies only target first in the row"-got fixed after couple months
>>
>>54162946
sumanai
>>
Say, if you had a catalyst that only applies to one specific heroic spirit, and that heroic spirit only fits one class, and that class has already been summoned for this war....

What do you get?
>>
>>54163456
Another heroic spirit.
>>
>>54163481
But are they just a heroic spirit that suits you, like you'd get without a catalyst, or are they a heroic spirit related to the legend of the heroic spirit who's catalyst you possess?
>>
>>54163490
Yes

Or possibly their Lilly/Alter versions
>>
>>54163456
The grail doesn't choose you. Your servant is already predetermined by some future-seeing part of the Grail.

Alternately, you get 404 Not Found.
>>
>>
>>54164670
I really want to read interactions between EMIYA and EMIYA, even though that Kiri never met Shiro I feel like it would be interesting.
>>
>>54164697
same
>>
>>54159822
i want to see these two go on adventures
>>
File: 1474738018659.jpg (53KB, 286x340px) Image search: [Google]
1474738018659.jpg
53KB, 286x340px
>tfw you love the idea of the Holy Grail War
>tfw you cringe everytime the nips put cool mythology through the waifublender and get chuuni sauce all over it

I liked Gilgamesh a lot more when he was just a really strong guy who happened to have a really, really big gun, rather then the whole SUM OF ALL HUMAN KNOWLEDGE nonsense.
>>
>>54165259
That's what Fate/Zero is.

I think Fate/Zero is probably the best when you boil the premise down to its core draw, which is "ultimate showdown of destiny with awesome historical figures and magic". But obviously some people prefer the angle of cute girls with quirky personalities that call the dudes "master"/enjoy MANA TRANSFERS, and the Grail War is just background for it.
>>
>>54165571
>>54165259
>complaining about waifus
I will literally never understand this. The boys in FSN are leagues better than the girls. Does the mere presence of female characters actually trigger you?
>>
>>54165691
>trigger
Hi, non-word.
>FSN
Cu and Emiya are hotties for sure but that's hardly what everyone knows Fate for. Let's look at the free market for evidence: http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts?utf8=%E2%9C%93&tags=fate_%28series%29+&ms=1
>>
File: 1497633624516.jpg (12KB, 160x210px) Image search: [Google]
1497633624516.jpg
12KB, 160x210px
>>54165691
Don't be obtuse, nigger. They weren't complaining about there being girls they were complaining about historical and mythological figures being turned in to girls for lonely otakus to jerk off to.
>>
>>54165571
>I think Fate/Zero is probably the best when you boil the premise down to its core draw, which is "ultimate showdown of destiny with awesome historical figures and magic".
But Fate/Zero is probably the one where the servants are the least important to the main plot.
>>
>>54166481
The main plot is dumb anyway, everyone's just there for the spectacle of heroes fighting and Sir Lancelot commandeering a fighter jet to fight Gilgamesh's flying airship while a Shoggoth has a relaxing bubble bath.
>>
>>54165571
That's because zero only gets the hook premise, but little else. It's all serious business ure, but the characters are way more shallow and less 3d. Even the author concedes it.
>>
>>54165783
Also because a lot of big name heroes were males for no reason other than historical context. Fate isn't about realistic historical so that's a mute point. All the heroes are meant to represent and inform modern view points, not go around being accurate depictions of people back then.
>>
>>54166519
Yeah, but I object to using the one example in the franchise where you could almost remove the servants entirely as an example of the best use of the Holy Grail War concept.
>>
>>54165742
gay
>>
>>54166564
Since when is King Futanari Arturia a modern view point
>>
>>54166564
... who complained about heroes being accurate to their history? What thought process led to that?
>>
>>54166597
Since Takeuchi decided that he wants to make King Arthur a waifu and needed a way to make sure that she can have an offspring without being used goods.
>>
>>54166695
Time isn't a ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff just because it's convenient for your argument. The flagship Servant is a flagrant contradiction to your claim, dawg.
>>
>>54166695
This is one of those "all art is political" things isn't it?
>>
>>54159004
>the best systems with which to enjoy these conceits in the form of a traditional roleplaying game

Anima is basically nasuverse: the rpg unless you instead play it like berserk: the rpg

It even has a blatant copy of MEoDP
>>
>>54166806
No, her value as a marketing tool plummets if she's not a virgin.
'used goods' won't sell in japan.
>>
>>54166854
How would someone go about stating masters and servants in Anima? Never seen anything for the game but hear it's complicated.
>>
>>54166990
Just to clarify something, are you one of the ones who complained about the genderbending or the one accusing the first ones of being triggered by girls in their media?
>>
>>54166597
Arthur's a chick > Arthur's wife still needs to get preggers. That's a necessity that sorcery can easily fix.

But I get ya, chicks with dicks make you all uncomfortable.
>>
>>54167120
neither, I complained about the criminal misuse of the setting in OP though.
>>
>>54166991
>Never seen anything for the game but hear it's complicated.
It's not complicated so much as learning how to do it is complicated due to the stuff being spread out across 3 books (actually 4 if you count core exett, an update to the base rules that never actually got translated offically, just by fans) and anima having a less than perfect english translation. Once you get it down its not that bad.

>masters
In order to use magic in anima you need to spend your CP/starting advantages in order to take the gift of magic. From there you can improve or downgrade your ability to cast spells with various advantage/disadvantage to represent the exact magic circuts your character has. Servants themselves should use the rules for binding (or familiars if you want servants to level up), which works a lot like servants in the sense that you have to constantly feed them mana or they start to suck and they can't use their own mana for abilities. If you don't want to make everyone have a designated servant you probably want masters to be in the designated summoner class (or at least put points into that ability)

>Servants
Either just make them as proper characters, but high power ones (with things like "inhumanity" that lets them have physical stats above a certain cap) for guys like archer, or give them gnosis 25 or higher and access to monster abilities for guys who are divine/OP like gilgamesh (on that note, using this games equivilent to gate of babylon requires you to generally be level 15 unless you do a cheesy build, which is not the cap but the last level the game actively acknowledges and one you're generally not going to get playing normally)
>>
>>54161624
Well, if it makes you feel better, imagine a world where Kotomine's dub voice was Sir Christopher Lee.
>>
>>54166519
Plenty of people dig the overarching ideas. Only some retards that never heard about tabletops, got all tingly over the idea of stating out their historical husbandos animu style.
>>
>>54167257
>got all tingly over the idea of stating out their historical husbandos animu style.
Except the stats only exist so every character can "break the rules" and look more scary/awesome/impressive in the classic shounen style
>>
>>54167278
Pretty much. Though the breaking of rules doesn't usually rely on the stats, so much as it relies on rules of sorcery, which are more conventions than anything else the way she show treats them.

That said, everyone gets wet about the idea of stating out heroes, when that's mostly just a side dish.
>>
I would say the best system to run fate in would be something like wild talents.
>>
File: 450679-24________01.jpg (175KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
450679-24________01.jpg
175KB, 800x600px
So just how powerful was he? To physically be on the level of a servant in modern era is insane.

Could he wipe the floor with any other master we've seen barring dirty play Kiri's famous 9/11 NP?
>>
>>54167865
>To physically be on the level of a servant in modern era is insane.
He wasn't. Caster supplied him with loads of buffs. Once he lost those, he got one-shotted.
>>
File: b70cc30355ae891ac1bea058cafeeec5.jpg (156KB, 750x1050px) Image search: [Google]
b70cc30355ae891ac1bea058cafeeec5.jpg
156KB, 750x1050px
>>
>>54167919
Ah I take it that's in the VN. Currently downloading that but it's slow going.

So without Caster's buffs how strong is he? How would he far against other masters? Shiro managed to fend him off a bit but I took that as Kuzuki going easy on him.
>>
File: Muscle Wizard.jpg (25KB, 479x476px) Image search: [Google]
Muscle Wizard.jpg
25KB, 479x476px
>>54167996
Well he's probably peak-human, but he would have 0% chance against even the weakest human, and a competent Magus would probably do pretty well provided they kept there distance or were Bazett-tier up close.
>>
>>54168027
>even the weakest human
Weakest servant I mean.
That's an embarrassing typo.
>>
>>54167996
It's in UBW, too. All those purple visual effects he had going on were Caster's magic.
>>
>>54167865
Please read >>54167278 very carefully
>>
>>
>>54168065
I took that as being his own magic. I dun goofed

>>54168027
She's Lancer's original master, right? The one Kirei betrayed? I know she showed up in that Illya show but fuck I couldn't get more than 2 episodes in before dropping it.
>>
File: e rank luck.png (734KB, 818x660px) Image search: [Google]
e rank luck.png
734KB, 818x660px
>>54168127
Read F/HA.
>>
>>54168127
>She's Lancer's original master, right? The one Kirei betrayed?
Yes
>>
>>54168160
Well I'll slot that in after F/SN I guess.
>>
>>54167865
With buffs, better than even odds against Kirei. Without, he gets fucking wiped.

And the only people on par with a Servant in the modern day we see are Kirei (horrific combat monster of an Executor who then picked up magecraft), Bazett (horrific combat monster of an Enforcer with Fragarach), and Shirou (idiot savant in a combat area of Magecraft and kinda cheating), and the former two are only "can possibly beat a really weak Servant".
>>
>>54168321
There are other people who can fight with servants, but they are from other corners of the Nasuverse.
>>
>>54168321

And honestly, Shirou is only typically "can beat specific servants even if they're high tier". He can fight Gil only because his powerset counters the Gate of Babylon and if Gil had used Ea from the start it would have been over.
>>
>>54168027
Well, humans at close range would still get fucked because his tactic is so weird. That snake hand skull crush thing would kill you even if you were faster/stronger than him.

Against servants, he doesn't even deal damage, so at most he'd bop them on the head.
>>
>>54168350
>>54168321
an akiha or shiki that's going 100% can beat servants if shirou can
>>
>>54168678
Can Shiki beat servant Shiki?
>>
>>54168420
except that he should be able to just outspeed him no matter how little he tries because of how stupidly overhyped servant stats are, something that the game gives objective benchmarks for
>>
>>54168736
...would killing herself with her death eyes also kill herself?

Fuck the Shiki event for perma crashing my android app.Couldn't bring myself to going through all that rolling and grinding again
>>
>>54168678
All Shikis are hax. Dunno about Akiha, though.
>>
>>54168766

King of Heroes, do you have enough swords?
>>
>>54165571

The problem is the characters are all way too flat in Zero, and despite how chuuni FSN is, Zero goes too far in trying to not be FSN and becomes "a mature story for mature adults like me" which is why half the time it's edgelord material. Even Urobuchi admitted he intentionally made a lot of the plot overly dark just for the sake of it when otherwise he was mostly just following Nasu's notes.

Also, what you're complaining about primarily only applies to the Fate route of FSN, while the other 2 go in very different directions.

>>54165259

Fate was written by a chuuni, for chuuni. You have to learn to live with that.
>>
>>54167278
The stats never made sense anyway. Lancer's E Rank Luck was meaningless before the fandom turned it into a running gag and TM liked the joke so much they made it canon.
>>
>>54167865
His fists were being fortified with magic, and he was fighting a servant who was nowhere near her actual power level because Shirou is a shitty master in terms of supplying mana.
>>
File: 1499269394104[1].jpg (210KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1499269394104[1].jpg
210KB, 2048x1152px
While I dunno how I feel about this thread existing, here's Roland.

Reminder that notes. never, and every day we move further from the grace of god
>>
>>54168350

You're intentionally not mentioning 2 things
>Ciel is completely immortal, she is incapable of dying and will regenerate any injury. Thus like Nasu said, she can fight a defensive battle
>even then, he said she would be fighting a C-tier servant
>>
>>54169058
chunni is like a spice, its great in the correct dosage but with too much it poisons the entire thing

KNK, tsukihime and the early fate stuff was this appropriate level of chunni. everything after this has been over the line
>>
>>54169186
Counterpoint, ciel is a human so she would win because every single nasuverse fight is "whoever is the underdog wins"

rin could hold off servants briefly with her magic, ciel is one of the best magus in the entire setting and she doesn't even bother to use it because her other stuff is that good
>>
>>54169058

Urobuchi is like some kind of living edge nexus. He's on the record saying he's apparently incapable of writing positive, happy or idealistic stories - even when he tries.

He was in charge of writing a Fate/Zero crossover event for FGO and apparently it was originally even more of a dark clusterfuck than the actual F/Z story until Nasu reigned it in.
>>
>>54169223
>Counterpoint, ciel is a human

She WAS a human, she hasn't been one for like 16 years.
>>
>>54169337
Then what is she?
>>
>>54169223

Medea skips leg day, a modern magus doesn't.
>>
>>54167251
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp8Px8-Thk0
We can still drag Ian McKellen into it
>>
File: it's just ciel.jpg (46KB, 800x327px) Image search: [Google]
it's just ciel.jpg
46KB, 800x327px
>>54169356

Something that shouldn't exist, and I mean that quite literally rather than morally. She was chosen as yet another reincarnated host of Roa when she was I think around 6ish (I forget the exact age, but by the time of Tsukihime she's been alive for 24 years), and like all his incarnations Arc showed up and oneshot him. The wierd thing is for unknown reason, instead of Roa's soul leaving her corpse so it can reincarnate in someone else later, a duplicate of his soul's power was left behind in her, allowing his power of infinite regenerate and eternal youth to activate, bringing her back to life. She is herself mentally again, but she can't die or age until the actual Roa is permakilled.

But who cares, it's just Ciel
>>
>>54169196
>chunni is like a spice, its great in the correct dosage but with too much it poisons the entire thing
That's why you overpoison it to the point that it becomes funny.
>>
File: ridget is the best.jpg (577KB, 640x1800px) Image search: [Google]
ridget is the best.jpg
577KB, 640x1800px
>>54169311
>He's on the record saying he's apparently incapable of writing positive, happy or idealistic stories - even when he tries.
Then how did he write Gargantia?
>>
>>54169626
Wouldn't top class be a better translation?
>>
>>54169652
Chamber speaks in a very matter-of-fact way
>>
>>54169561
Is this a retcon? The VN describes it that she "died", but because she was technically roa and roa still exists as a weird force the universe basically paradoxed itself and didn't let her stay dead, with the natural question of "why didn't this happen to any other roas" being ignored because who cares
>>
>>54169691
That's what I was trying to say.
>>
>>54169383
>>
>>54169186
>>54168350

Ciel wouldn't be Servant Tier in the fate universe.

The immortal Ciel is from the Weak Counter Force timeline, the version in the Strong Counter Force timeline, where servants can be summoned, would just be a normal church bitch who would be steamrolled by a servant with all F stats.
>>
>>54170719
what
>>
>>54170817
Okay, because Nasu is a hack, Tsukihime and Fate occur in different universes. The branching point was whether or not the Counter Force was strong or weak.

Strong Counter Force
>Throne of Heroes exists
>Servants can be summoned
>Dead Apostles BTFO by Ayala and never form the Ancestors
>Merlin taught Fou to love titties and be a cute little squirrel for all time
>Grail Wars occur
>Everything Fate related happens in universes with these conditions

Weak Counter Force
>Throne of Heroes either inert or nonexistant
>Servants can't be summoned
>DAAs fucking up everything with their crazy vampire bullshit
>Altrouge teaches Fou to hate humanity and turn into Primate Murder, the Fourth Beast.
>Grail wars don't occur
>Non-fate stuff all happens in these universes
>>
File: 1457868651909.jpg (228KB, 1333x800px) Image search: [Google]
1457868651909.jpg
228KB, 1333x800px
>>54170977
Doesn't Ciel give EMIYA his red jacket though?
And doesn't Sakura mention Akiha at one point in F/HA?
Actually, that second one was her talking about Rin with a fake name I think, but I'm pretty sure the first one happened.
>>
>>54170977
fucking merlin
>>
>>54169691
>with the natural question of "why didn't this happen to any other roas" being ignored because who cares
Not quite. Her body was collected by the Church after she was killed by Arcueid and somehow after arriving at the Burial Agency, she came back to life. I don't think the cause of this has been stated, but I'd bet it was either intentional or something to do with her origin. After coming back to life, reality saw her as "Roa", but Roa still existed inside his seventeenth host, SHIKI, so when she died the universe saw Roa still existing and restored her condition because from the universes perspective she was still perfectly alive and well.
>>54169561
Roa's soul didn't duplicate, or Shiki wouldn't have been able to kill Roa by stabbing his soul with MEoDP as Roa's reincarnating power would still exist inside Ciel. We know she ages, because she looks different from the Elesia version of her we see in Kagetsu and Roa doesn't have infinite regeneration.
>>
>>54171091

Well, F/HA is explicitly a situation where several mutually exclusive timelines got smashed together hence why Shirou is like, full blown harem. I don't think we can count on it for purposes of "continuity".

>>54171126

Praise Merlin, more like.
>>
>>54171091
>Ciel give EMIYA his red jacket though?
No. Nasu said that would be a nice story, but he didn't actually say that's what happened.
>>
>>54171126
Problem, Vortigern?
>>
>>54169561
>>54171141
Found a citation for Ciel's coming back. tl:dr - She can, she's that good a magus. Crush her brain if you want her dead.

シエルの不死【事柄】
ロア消滅後、シエルの特性であった不死はなくなっている。
秩序維持の為に世界そのものがシエルを生かそうとする事がなくなり、シエルは殺されれば死ぬ、という体に戻った訳である。
ただし、タフなのは相変わらず。なにしろシエルの肉体はアルクェイドに殺され、ロアの魂が抜け出ても単体で“生きよう”とした肉体である。その回復能力は群を抜いている。
まあ、それでも殺してしまえば生き返る事はない。シエルのように自己回復を供えた者を仕留める場合、魔術回路を統括する脳をまっさきに潰すにかぎる。

Ciel's Immortality [Circumstance]
After the obliteration of Roa, Ciel lost her characteristic immortality.
Ciel naturally reverted to having a body that would "die if killed" since the World no longer needed to kept her alive to sustain Order.
However, Ciel was still tough. No matter what, Ciel's body was still the one that "survived" after being killed by Arcuied and abandoned by Roa's soul. Its power of regeneration was exceptional.
Still, she would not resurrect if killed. In order to kill someone who could regenerate like Ciel, it was best to destroy the brain, where the Magic Circuits converge.

Tsukihime Dokuhon PlusPeriod - talk. Glossary: Ciel's Immortality [Circumstance], p.198
>>
I WANT TO BREED FOU
>>
All of this discussion is moot in the face of the quest for otaku bux, of course.

If there is ever a Tsukihime crossover in F/GO, I'd bet you 5 whole dollars Ciel would be a Servant from it.
>>
>>54171273
>ciel
>not arc

Arc already has plenty of servant experience. And a saberface trait that gets +50% profits out of whales.
>>
>>54170719
>>54170977
ciel had a shitload of magic circuts and an improbably strong body before roa took her over, if scrubs like shirou and rin can fight servants and not instantly get disintegrated then so could ciel
>>
>>
>>54171141
>We know she ages, because she looks different from the Elesia version of her we see in Kagetsu
Isn't this just because takeuchi became a bit better at drawing? If ciel ages then how exactly does she pass as a high schooler?
>>
File: 1418754331036.jpg (64KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1418754331036.jpg
64KB, 800x600px
>>54171320
In what world is Rin a "scrub?"
>>
>>54171355
in the world where she exists entirely to give exposition and receive cock in every route
>>
>>54171355
Taiga wasn't invited to the smug convention?
>>
>>54171302

Well, usually for an event type thing, you get like a 4* "welfare" servant for free, and then there's an SSR or two which are super rare and only appear during the event so spend that real money!

FGO would probably try to squeeze in more than one Tsukihime character for maximum whale gain.
>>
File: 1418754215234.png (479KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1418754215234.png
479KB, 800x600px
>>54171392
It is for Tohsakas only.
>>
>>54171339
It's stated in turkeyhandle basic, during the goddamn Ciel route that she's literally using mind altering magic to pretend to be a thrid year student. That's why nobody goes "hey who's this strange transfer student" when she suddenly rocks up. There's a whole scene where everybody including Akihiko goes "Ciel who?" when she leaves the school.
>>
>>54171410

>Tohsaka females rarely hunt in pairs, but their combined smug and lust make them deadly predators
>They will destroy weak males and females who dare to compete, but will ally with the strong for mutual benefit
>They have a weakness for surprise threesomes and idiot-savants who do not die when killed
>>
>>54171509
Sure, but the implication is that she's just making people not ask any questions about her, not that she's literally manipulating their minds to see her younger (otherwise why does she look the same after she stops revealing it?)

Ciel isn't even the roa before SHIKI (otherwise her and arc wouldn't have become frenemies), so how can it be that her body was aging all this time (especially since her regeneration works by just having her body reset to how it was when she died as roa and is explicitly said to not actually be proper regeneration)
>>
>>54171141
>>54171509
Ok but why does Ciel look 17? She's 24.
>>
>>54171273
Arc's already been a servant before though
>>
>>54171879
For the same reason that a 37 years Austrian looks younger than a 19 years old Frenchwoman.
>>
File: smugmen.png (151KB, 439x297px) Image search: [Google]
smugmen.png
151KB, 439x297px
>>54171392
She's arriving with the master of ceremonies
>>
>>54171526
>Join us next time for when we get up close with the most hungry animal in the Nasu-Verse: The Seiba-Toothed Taiga.
>>
File: c96f0dd3195d98756616bea022165fbc.jpg (849KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
c96f0dd3195d98756616bea022165fbc.jpg
849KB, 1200x848px
>>
>>54171565
>not ask any questions about her
Such as "why do you look so much older than normal students".
That said, she could just look young like Ichiko, Akihiko's very attractive sister who'll sadly never get a route.
>>
>>54169691
Not exactly. Ciel has two separate forces keeping her from dying. She's the most batshit insane bucket of magical circuits we've seen. This causes her body to have a regeneration effect that no normal human has.

Roa died without picking a host, the time he was born unto ciel, so he just went to the most talented person possible. When she died, and he evacuated her body, her extremely powerful circuits brought her back, creating the contradiction.

They basically defibrillated her back to life because they're insanely powerful. Her brain needs to get crushed for her to die.
>>
>>54172905
>She's the most batshit insane bucket of magical circuits we've seen.
That would be Barthomeloi Lorelei
>>
>>54173011
Lorelei is a DAA, that's kinda fucking cheating there man.
>>
>>54173065
>>54173011
Wait shit, my bad. She isn't, I just got the names wrong
>>
>>54173065
>>54173092
No she isn't, but she's killed two of them using only normal, not-bullshit Magecraft. That's how strong she is.
>>
>>54173011
I dunno about that.
Lorelei has the best circuits, but not the most insane in quantity. She's a perfectly functional and efficient model, designed to be the best, while Ciel is just a freak of nature.
>>
>>54159004
I tried giving the VN a shot out of curiosity but it doesn't only reads like shit, it's boring as fuck too.
>>
>>54173139
Yeah. I read Prologue where she tries to hunt Louvre and my mind tied her name to being a DAA, because prelude is focused on a DAA and she's very prominent and not Satsujinki
>>
File: 1edee30984e243fda4fca83e807c5a56.jpg (330KB, 1100x994px) Image search: [Google]
1edee30984e243fda4fca83e807c5a56.jpg
330KB, 1100x994px
>>54173196
Did you get bored in prologue or in the Fate route?
>>
>>54173239
I got to the building fight and couldn't be bothered anymore.
>>
>>54173168
I don't have the story she appears in, but the wiki says she has more circuits than the headmaster of the clock tower, and that they of higher quality.
>>
>>54173268
The one with Rider?
>>
>>54173402
Tell me about Rider.

Why does she wear the mask?
>>
>>54173331
She's from prelude, a short story set after Tsukihime
>>
>>54173664
Lotta loyalty for a summoned servant.
>>
>>54173815

If I take off that Gorgon Breaker, will you die?
>>
>>54173884
It would be extremely hard
>>
>>54173934

>Implying Rider doesn't make me hard already
>>
>>54169183
>doucherandal
>>
File: medusa and sakura.jpg (53KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
medusa and sakura.jpg
53KB, 500x699px
one of these is a irredeemable monster who only deserves beheading and not passionate bareback lovemaking.

the answer is fairly obvious, don't fuck up /tg/
>>
>>54174262
Behead wormslut

Behead rider

Breed Medea
>>
File: 1485132076108.jpg (535KB, 1072x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1485132076108.jpg
535KB, 1072x1500px
>>54174262
Sakura is the monster, due to her being an incomplete lesser grail that would devour the entire town. Medusa a sexy woman who I would commit myself to and mating press lovingly until she's with child
>>
>>54174262
The correct answer is neither, your information is faulty.
>>
File: medusa.jpg (177KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
medusa.jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
>>54174450
fuck off shirou
>>
>>54174484
No
>>
File: avenger medusa.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
avenger medusa.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>54174543
reee
>>
>>54174560
Made for titfucking.
>>
>>54174560
there is no need to be upset
>>
File: sakura strut.gif (2MB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
sakura strut.gif
2MB, 500x283px
>>54174653
I will be upset! I WILL!
>>
>>54175116
Please, calm down senpai.
>>
>>54175152

There's only one girl who gets to call me Senpai.
>>
File: 1aa3e0bb6a9eca65944c85d58e1ade8d.jpg (809KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1aa3e0bb6a9eca65944c85d58e1ade8d.jpg
809KB, 1000x1000px
>>54175257
I'm sorry you feel that way senpai
>>
File: delet this (in sengoku era nip).png (5MB, 3011x1882px) Image search: [Google]
delet this (in sengoku era nip).png
5MB, 3011x1882px
>>54175152
the fuck you just call me?
>>
Why's Sakura got purple hair? Aoi had brown hair and Tokiomi had black hair. Did Zouken dye it with magic to make her blend in with them better? Or does exposure to magic just change your hair color?
>>
>>54175345

Matou magic is real gross - the stuff Zouken did to actually make Sakura suitable for their style fucked up her hair and eye color.
>>
File: 1459076234813.jpg (113KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
1459076234813.jpg
113KB, 401x401px
>>54175345
Read the VN.
>>
>>54175366
>the stuff Zouken did to actually make Sakura suitable for their style fucked up her EVERYTHING
>>
>>54175383
I did.
>>
>>54169223
>whoever is the underdog wins
You're just saying that because you haven't seen the bad ends
>>
>>54175392

Yeah, but we were talking about her hair, not her everything.

Zouken is a huge bastard who fucks up the shit of anything he touches.
>>
>>54175392
>>54175465
What the fuck is up with the worms anyway? Who gets into magic and decides that shoving a pools worth of worms up your anus is the best way to do magic?
>>
>>54175535
Hey, as long as it works.
>>
File: ilya bathing in smugness.jpg (147KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
ilya bathing in smugness.jpg
147KB, 800x600px
>>54175460
>no ilya end

anon all ends are bad ends
>tfw no bersercar
>>
>>54175535
Jewels are expensive
>>
>>54175554
It works, but I can't help but think there's a better way. But Zouken decided 500 years that, no, I'd much rather have my decedents raped by insects.

Like, Christ man, maybe there's a reason your family is in decline?
>>
>>54175730

Matous just have shitty circuits for some reason. The Einzbern are the same, I think, they have to keep creating homunculi to sustain themselves.

No idea why the Tohsaka are still breeding top quality magi. Is that ever explicitly stated anywhere?
>>
>>54175781
With the Einzberns I think it's just because they're recluses, and for the Matous I thought it was just because of Shinji's uncle in FZ who tried to leave that magic shit behind, which left Shinji's dad who had mediocre circuits. I imagine it's kind of hard to find marriage material when every family wants to have their own unbroken legacy and it's difficult to train more than one magus though
>>
>>54175781
Aoi had great genes for magic even if she didn't have any circuits herself. I think the Makiri had trouble because they moved to Japan.

Do the Einzberns even have any non-homonculi in their family?
>>
>>54175535
"Who wants to be a skeleton forever? Jesus Christ liches are retarded."

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
>>
>>54176039
"Who wants to be a skeleton forever? Jesus Christ liches are retarded."
>Proceeds to turn into a pile of flesh eating dick worms
>>
>>54168678
Akiha can't fight anything that has MR.

Shiki in his older days maybe, as he is in Tsuki he can't match a servant physically, even if he could kill one. He pretty much needs to get at least to Kouma's level before being anywhere close, and he is far more fragile.
>>
>>54176082
Hey, as long as it works.
>>
>>54176349
>Akiha can't fight anything that has MR.
her power works, it's just limited to holding them in place and not "you instantly die", all she needs is a friend/servant.

>Shiki in his older days maybe, as he is in Tsuki he can't match a servant physically, even if he could kill one.
Shiki is way more physically fit than shirou, at one point he runs to school at a speed that "would make the track team come running if they saw me" and can bounce off walls when he drops the mental block and goes all murder mode in kohaku route.

If shirou can keep pace against some servants, tohno definitely can (especially since tohno has just as many if not more vauge conditional/plot armor things you can argue for if he has prep time as shirou does)
>>
>>54176474
>If shirou can keep pace against some servants
He can't. He cheats every time.
>>
>>54176474
Shirou's entire combat style (the one he stole from Emiya) is about compensating for how badly he can't keep up with servants.

A servant with E rank agility moves 10 times as fast as a human can. Higher ranked servants can casually break the sound barrier mid-fight. Running fast enough to impress a high-school track team is garbage compared to what even the slowest servant can do.
>>
>>54175730
Zouken had an affinity for parasite magic. Turns out magic parasites are dick worms. Fitting, given magic can be given to servants via the dick
>>
>>54175919
Well, if we wanna be spoilery. No
The Einzberns aren't a real family, they're a "factory". They were like a laboratory made by a group of alchemists under the dude that reached the third Magic. The Einzbern factory.

Those mages are all gone now, but the factory keeps going. Golem AI's run the whole thing, right now it's the 8th golem (Acht), and produce homunculi to produce and attempt to win the grail
>>
>>54175781
>No idea why the Tohsaka are still breeding top quality magi. Is that ever explicitly stated anywhere?

pleasing old men for money
>>
Enough discussing fate's stupid plot, discuss servants and potential games

What about a mage game using ...well, Mage, from White Wolf?
>>
File: 1499294176923.jpg (19KB, 352x264px) Image search: [Google]
1499294176923.jpg
19KB, 352x264px
>>54177312
This is why I came here
I want to run a cooperative game where half the players are Masters, the other half are Servants, and they're in a setting maybe like Grand Order where there's been a magic/Servant apocalypse. What system could satisfy both, even if they were at different power levels? The only recommendation I've heard is Mutants and Masterminds.
>>
>>54177876
Any super hero system. Wild talents works too, with minimal changes.
>>
>>54176707
>>54176843
Reread the fights in UBW, he literally gets into flynning swordfights with them and somehow doesn't just get instantly outsped

the stats are bullshit and they don't matter, tohno can run at olypmic level (if not more), and is a main character so he'd win, that's how nasuverse fights work
>>
>>54176843
>A servant with E rank agility moves 10 times as fast as a human can.
saber has an E rank speed and yet a regular ass human doing a wacky martial arts manouver can outspeed her because type moon thinks bajiquan is the coolest

>b-but he was magically enhanced
not in speed
>>
>>54177894

I dunno, I've run a lot of wild talents - I'm not sure the mechanics feel it out very well. It's very flexible which is good, but it's also kind of fiddly so I don't know if that really has the "feel" of Nasuverse stuff very good.

Very few things are assumed by WT which means you have to go in and either figure out every little thing ("So, Gilgamesh should have a lot more Extra Tough than Cu") or you'd have to reckon some kind of generalized ruleset. It's a step in a direction at least though, better than I see a lot of people.
>>
>>54177312
>why is somebody discussing the Fate setting in a Fate thread

>>54177909
When he's fighting Archer, he's clearly much weaker and wins for other reasons. And when he fought Gilgamesh. Gil deliberately refused to make use of his own speed and instead played Shirou's swordspam game. Can't think of any other examples that don't involve Archerarm.

>>54177987
She was completely caught off guard by the his speed (which was at the peak of human levels but not beyond). It's specifically said that she would have wiped the floor with him if it was a straight fight.
>>
>>54178077
>She was completely caught off guard by the his speed (which was at the peak of human levels but not beyond)
tohno can run along walls when he's half dead from all the shit afflicting him in tsukihime and spent most of his life actively avoiding physical exercise, that puts him at about the same level if not more

if kozuki can land that first hit, so can tohno except he only needs one hit unlike kozuki who just sort of sat there like an asshole. so again I'm not really seeing how this disproves anything I say, especially since tohno is a: a protagonist and b: has a bunch of potential stuff he can draw on to be more than human
>>
What are thoughts about the following as Servants?
>Edgar Allan Poe
>Rasputin
>Peter Francisco (The Virginia Giant)
I'm not 100% certain on classes for them. So many writers have been Casters, but I'm not certain any others really fit Poe; though his powers should certainly increase through suffering or misfortune, definitely E-- luck.
Rasputin could certainly be a Berserker, or maybe a Caster with extreme endurance.
The last one would be a pittance if an option at all; maybe would have to give it an edge of something like "Represents the collective of American soldiers" or "An actual Giant from ancient times". Could be a Saber; he did fight the British using a goddamned broadsword that George Washington commissioned for him. Archer perhaps thanks to rifles/the story about toting a cannon over his shoulder. Berserker for immense strength is also an option.
>>
>>54178129
I like the idea of Edgar Allan Poe just being a necromancer. I don't think there's really anything wrong with asspull casters though, since there just aren't enough of them otherwise
>>
Nobody else cracking out ridiculous ideas for Servants? We're miles behind the Jojo thread with stuff like that...
Sasquatch? Sasquatch. With plenty of inane nasuverse bollocks and half-cocked native american folklore boiled in. Apparently some of them attribute magic/shamanistic powers, including invisibility, to it.
Where can we roll with this?
Is it a requisite that we make it a cute girl?
>>
>>54178129
There's speculation about an upcoming Kirei-Rasputin pseudo-servant.
>>
>>54178735
Can cryptids be servants? They're mostly monsters, but medusa was a servant, but she was originally human. Could you have a mothman servant?
>>
>>54175566
Prisma's not the Ilya route we wanted but it's the Ilya route we got.
>>
>>54178938
You probably could include Wendigo via Swift Runner.
>>
>>54178910

That'd be interesting. I'd peg Kirei kind of in the Assassin zone, but ol' Ra-Ra-Rasputin would probably be a caster.

Either way, if it happens expect much black keys.

Seriously, holy shit where do they keep all those things
>>
File: kuro sup.jpg (287KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
kuro sup.jpg
287KB, 950x950px
>>54178948
I never asked for this

>>54178962
wendigo would be too spoopy, and would probably involve the spirit possessing the master and then passing from master to master once all of the manas been drained from its hosts circuits
>>
File: explain further.jpg (61KB, 648x535px) Image search: [Google]
explain further.jpg
61KB, 648x535px
>>54177876
I dunno. If some players are masters and some are their servants, the masters look like they're going to be doing a lot less. Serve as a battery for the servants and try not to get punk'd.

On the other hand if some players are masters WITH servants and others are just servants that seems to leave the just-servants-players with less options.

But I'm curious what your plan was.
>>
>>54178129
Discussion: Poe as Berserker? Not a raging super-strong berserker, but an unhinged killing machine? I'm just thinking about some of his stories where people go a little off the rails and murder fools, like Cask of Amontillado or The Black Cat or whatever. If I recall correctly, being difficult to control is a Berserker trait.

I'd say Assassin but Fate acts like Assassins are super duper special and he doesn't really fit the bill imo.
>>
>>54178111
Tohno is also demon-blooded and thus not limited to human limits.
>>
>>54178129
>noble phantasm: Lord Baltimore - he forces the enemy team to live in Baltimore for a year
>>
>>54178077
>>why is somebody discussing the Fate setting in a Fate thread
This is /tg/ not /a/. This thread exists to discuss the GOOD part of Fate, IE the concept and how to execute it. Not the shitty parts of Fate, IE Nasu's hack writing and the insane convoluted engrish plot everything is different universes embodiments of death shit. Nor is it about the type moon extended universe

POKEMON
WITH MYTH/LEGEND GHOSTS
MAGE DICKERY AND POLITICS
THE BUDDHO-CATHOLIC CONSPIRACY
THAT'S IT
>>
>>54179215
If a random nurse can be a berserker then Poe is more than qualified for that class.
>>
File: SaberGawainStage2.jpg (334KB, 512x724px) Image search: [Google]
SaberGawainStage2.jpg
334KB, 512x724px
>>54159004
Gawain is best Rider
>>
>>54178993
>wendigo would be too spoopy, and would probably involve the spirit possessing the master and then passing from master to master once all of the manas been drained from its hosts circuits
>PARASITIC STANDO-POWA SERVANT THAT INHABITS THE CASTERS BODY FOR MAXIMUM MANA INTERFACE/HORROR/SLOW DEATH

I can dig that, pretty cool actually. Like a Synthesist Summoner. The HS would inhabit the summoners body and drain their mana/life force, and the summoner would get hueg gains out of it in return for slowly turning into a ghoul unless they could get more mana to replace what they're losing - either via eating flesh or sucking dick (both equally likely in Nasu verse)
>>
File: gawain rekt.png (283KB, 480x544px) Image search: [Google]
gawain rekt.png
283KB, 480x544px
>>54179311
>>
>>54179321

That would be a terrifying encounter.

You run into a guy probably because you think he's killing people for prana gains for his servant, he's probably the Berserker master.

And then BAM, HE GOES ALL BLOODBORNE ON YOU.

>"I did not bestow madness enhancement on my servant, my servant bestowed madness enhancement on ME"
>>
>>54179301
Sweet.

>trail of ravens feeding on the corpses left in Berserker Poe's wake
>>
>>54179339
>Whore of Babylon
Penis riding doesn't count
>>
>>54179301
>Nightingale was basically a saint who saved countless lives through implementing basic sanitary care.
>Trained hundreds of nurses through her school
>Improved health care quality for all of Britain
>Nasu turns her into a psychopath with an amputation fetish

God fucking damn it.
>>
>>54179396
The fucking hilarious part is, if he wanted to do that kind of subversion he loves?

He could have just done Mother Theresa, who was legitimately insane and promoted suffering.

Plus it would let him do that sexy nun thing he likes
>>
>>54179388
Medb disagrees with that.
>>
>>54179415
While the joke about Medb riding penis is pretty bang on, the concept is more metaphorical - she 'rides' men in that she uses men in order to rise to power and achieve her ends. Cao Cao from the Legend of the Three Kingdoms could be a Rider by a similar rationalization as almost all of his success was owed to his ability to pragmatically gather and retain exceptional individuals in his service.

The fact that Mebd used her vagina to retain these exceptional individuals rather than natural charisma or respect is not withstanding
>>
>>54179415

Also if you listen to Summer Mordred, riding women also counts.
>>
File: Mordred gunna.jpg (192KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mordred gunna.jpg
192KB, 1920x1080px
>>54179462
no mordred is pure
>>
>>54179509
>ruin literally the greatest kingdom to ever exist because of tsundere daddy issues with your momdad

I mean, fucking hell, I would've respected it more if Mordred just thought they were a more legitimate Claimant to the throne since they combined the twin lineages of Morgause and Arthur, which technically DID give them a stronger claim to the throne than Arthur who was only a bastard with a magic sword
>>
File: obligatory.jpg (469KB, 700x1400px) Image search: [Google]
obligatory.jpg
469KB, 700x1400px
>>54179413
I'm not sure I want a hot anime girl Theresa

My dick would be in a really weird dilemma because the way she really looks would always be at the back of my mind
>>
File: fgo_rider_mordred_4.jpg (233KB, 350x495px) Image search: [Google]
fgo_rider_mordred_4.jpg
233KB, 350x495px
>>54179509

>No matter if it's waves, horses, or women, the rougher the ride, the more fun it is.
>>
>>54179547
Mo-san ain't exactly the sharpest sword in the armory.
>>
File: mordred.png (1MB, 820x1159px) Image search: [Google]
mordred.png
1MB, 820x1159px
>>54179562
DELET
>>
>>54179562
>I'm totally Arthur's son
>100% not a girl
>Look how manly I am
>I'm going to fuck a dozen women to prove that I'm the manliest knight in Camelot
>Yes, I totally have a dick, it's just that it's a strap on.
>>
>>54179615
>mordred so desperate to prove she's a boy she acts like a chad
>crumbles the first time she gets the good dick
>>
File: mordred21.jpg (969KB, 1974x2099px) Image search: [Google]
mordred21.jpg
969KB, 1974x2099px
>>54179615
best bro
>>
>>54179547
Remember, Nasuverse Mordred is a homonculus and literally a child. She had no good parental figures and threw a temper tantrum because that's a normal thing kids do. Unfortunately she also had super human powers and a witch mom manipulating things, so her temper tantrum went a bit further than most kids'.
>>
>>54179547

I mean, I'm pretty sure that was Mordred's intent, especially in versions where Arthur put Mordred in charge while going off to deal with Lancelot.

But on the other hand going "I am an incest baby who has knicked a royal sword and am totes the one true heir of Arthur king of the Britons" is kind of a tough act to follow, especially among the common man.

I'm not sure what the fuck Morgan/a/ause/le Fay was thinking with this plan.

Especially in versions where she had completely non-evil children - which includes fate.

>>54179630

Also yes this should not be understated Moe-dred is so pissed off that it lets her shoot blood lightning from Clarent, which technically is not something it normally does.
>>
>>54179630
>She had no good parental figures
Don't bully the King of the Britons.
>>
File: Mordred and tousan2.jpg (67KB, 800x772px) Image search: [Google]
Mordred and tousan2.jpg
67KB, 800x772px
>>54179630

>>54179666
>satan is a seibah-fag
>>
>>54179235
he's only a tohno by name, the nanaya are specifically not demons because they exist to slap the demon families around if they get out of line, all he gets from genetics is great genes and a boner for murdering nonhumans
>>
>>54179710

>just out of frame, Morgan waiting with a stick to throw in the spokes and say Artoria did it

Also Mordred says "chichiue".
>>
File: fgo_lancer_artoria_alter_4.jpg (230KB, 350x496px) Image search: [Google]
fgo_lancer_artoria_alter_4.jpg
230KB, 350x496px
>>54179734

Which makes for some great puns if you consider some of Lancer Artoria's prominent features.
>>
File: Untitled.png (283KB, 500x637px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
283KB, 500x637px
Tomboys like Mordred are for mother daughter threesomes!
>>
>>54179783
So which father would go best with Mordred in bed? White father? Regular father? Tits father? Tits father alter? Alien father? Alien father alter?
>>
>>54179800
All of them at the same time.

I've run the numbers, considering the END scores of all the Saberfaces, my body is literally not ready, physically incapable of being ready, but that's an acceptable risk.
>>
>>54179651
>Morgause
>non evil children

I read the once and future king and except for ONE that got turbo mad when Lancelot killed his brother, they were all shitters. The scotts ruined fucking everything
>>
>>54179800
I think Lancer Arturia because the milf factor and bust differences

Then you have cowtits milf and DFC while Lancer Art goes fufufufu and coaches morded through it lovingly
>>
File: SwordFamily.png (333KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
SwordFamily.png
333KB, 500x707px
>>54179783
Family is for cuddling!
>>
Have you heard of our lord and savior the One Roll Engine? I think a homebrewed Monsters and Other Childish Things would reflect Fate pretty well. There's already a fully functioning Persona conversion available at the general
>>
File: craig laugh.gif (572KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
craig laugh.gif
572KB, 350x263px
>>54179824
>The scotts ruined fucking everything
>>
Alright, theoretical question for you all.

So, we've discussed before how while seemingly not required, many figures summoned as Riders are commanders and leaders.

And also how in some cases (like F/GO) fucking with the containers means Servants end up with new and different abilities and NPs (case in point, Swimsuit Mordred - who is a rider and rides on Arthur's shield which is also a boat).

If Seibah was a legit Rider, and encompassed her actual kingly attributes not just her personal fighting skills, do you think that version would be able to rustle up the Knights of the Round in a manner like Ionioi Hetairoi? And if so, how broken would that be.
>>
>>54179824
Wasn't Once and Future King was kind of based off of Thomas Malory's version of the Arthur legend where everyone was huge assholes?

Aside from that all I really know is Gawain's a ridiculously nice dude in some of the other versions.

>see also gawain and the green knight aka "Hey dude go get your wife to try to jump the bones of my boyscout nephew, his reaction will be hilarious"
>>
File: jesus christ how horrifying.png (285KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ how horrifying.png
285KB, 444x440px
>>54179350
And then he sucks your dick.
>>
>>54179152
What if each player played a master and a servant, but they didn't play their own master/servant?
>>
>>54179245
How horrifying.
>>
>>54179947
I really hope not. I hate how virtually every fan-made king summons armies or loyal retainers. It cheapens Ionioi Hetairoi. Sure the knights are a big part of Arthur's legend, but at least in Nasuverse they were explicitly not super close because King Arthur shut off her human emotions. Ionioi Hetairoi is supposed to work because Iskander was SUCH A BRO.

I think Rider Arthur would just have her horse and her shield-ship for NPs. Overall I think it would be one of her weaker classes.
>>
>>54179947
There isn't a Seiba rider already?

Can't imagine that to last long
>>
>>54179215
>I'd say Assassin but Fate acts like Assassins are super duper special
It originally was because within the Fate universe, only Hassan-i-Sabbah had attained the mythical status to be a Heroic Spirit and still fit squarely within the Assasin archetype. Sasaki could only be summoned as a result of Caster fucking shit up. That kinda went out of the window as soon as they started publishing more stuff for the setting
>>
>>54180159
Santa Alter is being possessed/controlled/compelled to deliver presents by Santa Claus.

She's not even close to an actual Rider version of Saber
>>
>>54180159
There is Santa Alter but then again she is a Santa so it really doesn't count.
>>
>>54180153

What about the shield which is also a boat?
>>
File: Koshchey.jpg (621KB, 1174x814px) Image search: [Google]
Koshchey.jpg
621KB, 1174x814px
How would you stat Kashchey the deathless? I'm thinking he'd be a berserker with an NP allowing him to basically create a phylactery, after doing which he can turn into wind and use his other powers.
>>
>>54177181
Someone got cyberpunk dystopia in this high fantasy setting.
>>
>>54180234
Definitely a Caster.
>>
File: FalseFather.jpg (236KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
FalseFather.jpg
236KB, 707x1000px
>>54180226
>>54180153

That would be the shield-ship I mentioned.
>>
>>54180304
Mordred has newtype powers?
>>
>>54178129
I want Rasputin to be a girl in Nasuverse. A hard partying, wickedly clever, wildly funny, hard to kill slutty magical girl.
>>
>>54180339
It's the Ahoge
>>
>>54180433
I would be okay with this.
>>
>>54180433
Didn't Rasputin have a legendary penis? I'm pretty sure we're at least dealing with a trap
>>
>>54180475
Well with a bit of magic she can have whatever she wants.
>>
>>54180475
>>54180433
>>54180568
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmkySNDX4dU
>>
File: two thumbs up.jpg (119KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
two thumbs up.jpg
119KB, 800x600px
>>54180656
>>
>>54180697
>According to Yusupov's account, Yusupov invited Rasputin to his home shortly after midnight, and ushered him into the basement. Yusupov offered Rasputin tea and cakes which had been laced with cyanide. At first, Rasputin refused the cakes, but then began to eat them. To Yusupov's surprise, Rasputin did not appear to be affected by the poison. Rasputin then asked for some Madeira wine (which had also been poisoned) and drank three glasses, but still showed no sign of distress. At around 2:30 am, Yusupov excused himself to go upstairs, where his fellow conspirators were waiting. Taking a revolver from Dmitry Pavlovich, Yusupov returned to the basement and, referring to a crucifix that was in the room, told Rasputin that he'd "better look at the crucific and say a prayer," then shot him once in the chest. Believing him to be dead, they then drove to Rasputin's apartment, with Sukhotin wearing Rasputin's coat and hat, in an attempt to make it look as though Rasputin had returned home that night. Upon returning to the Moika Palace, Yusupov went back to the basement to ensure that Rasputin was dead. Suddenly, Rasputin leapt up and attacked Yusupov, who - with some effort - freed himself and fled upstairs. Rasputin followed, and made it into the palace's courtyard before being shot by Purishkevich and collapsing into a snowbank. The conspirators then wrapped Rasputin's body in cloth, drove it to the Petrovsky Bridge and dropped it into the Malaya Nevka River.

>Subsequently, the Tsarina Alexandra buried Rasputin's body in the grounds of Tsarskoye Selo, but after the February Revolution, a group of workers from Saint Petersburg uncovered the remains, carried them into the nearby woods, and burned them. As the body was being burned, Rasputin appeared to sit up in the fire. His apparent attempts to move and get up thoroughly horrified bystanders.

>HE SAT UP
>>
>>54180809

>Battle Continuation EX
>>
>>54180809
>with Sukhotin wearing Rasputin's coat and hat, in an attempt to make it look as though Rasputin had returned home that night
I equip my Rasputin coat and hat and cast Lvl. 3 Eroticism.
>>
File: 1475792563079.jpg (136KB, 683x498px) Image search: [Google]
1475792563079.jpg
136KB, 683x498px
>>54180809
>time travel to one year ago
>cousin asking about Rasputin on twitter
>couldn't tweet the man's death at him even if I wanted to
>it breaks the character limit
Man. Reports of his death were GREATLY exaggerated, huh.
>>
>>54180881
New evidence is far less exciting, sadly.

>According to the unpublished 1916 autopsy report by Professor Kossorotov, as well as subsequent reviews by Dr. Vladimir Zharov in 1993 and Professor Derrick Pounder in 2004/05, no active poison was found in Rasputin's stomach.[citation needed]

>It could not be determined with certainty that he drowned, as the water found in his lungs is a common non-specific autopsy finding. All three sources agree that Rasputin had been systematically beaten and attacked with a bladed weapon; but, most importantly, there were discrepancies regarding the number and caliber of handguns used
>>
>>54180911
Unfortunately he's not some kind of immovable object but shot, stabbed, and dumped in a river's still pretty decent.
>>
>>54180656
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocm8QdNR_d8
>>
What's Rasputin's NP?
>>
>>54181026
Boney M's Undying Funk
>>
>>54181026
Some kind of matroschka doll style multi bounded field centered on him. Once activated the closer to him you get the more fields you are subjected to and the stronger the previous fields get.
>>
>>54178735
>Some legends say it's a special kind of being that shares the ancient wisdom/"elderness" of animals and the intelligence of man
>Others insist that it has the power to transform, glide through the forest incorporeally, or shift between dimensions
>Some say they are messengers from The Creator to mankind
Assassin Bigfoot when
>>
>>54181283
All I know is, he's called the Sasquatch.
>>
File: five.png (2MB, 2104x1487px) Image search: [Google]
five.png
2MB, 2104x1487px
Rip thread
>>
File: african or european swallow.jpg (210KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
african or european swallow.jpg
210KB, 1280x1440px
>>54182507
>>
>>54182507
Monty Python and The Holy Grail in the Nasuverse when?
>>
>>54182732
>Monty Python and the Holy Grail War
>Each Master is a member of Monty Python
>>
>>54183224
Better yet have the sevrants be the guys from Python and have masters be at a loss as their servant behave like silly goofs the entire war.
>>
>>54183224
>>54183292
Both of these ideas are equally appealing.
>>
>archer firing fish
>saber and lancer silly walking around each other while fighting
>master discussing ironically relevant social issues mid fight that end with a gag
>inappropriate tea times
>inappropriate and goofy sex scenesoh wait...
>>
>>54166597
Its not even out of context. Merlin added/removed dicks all the god damn time.
>>
>>54167996
Kuzuki's biggest strength was his kung fu's surprise factor. Once someone knows what he's capable of he is much less of a threat.
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.