[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Primaris Commander

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: pcapsprues.jpg (142KB, 1048x620px) Image search: [Google]
pcapsprues.jpg
142KB, 1048x620px
old commander kit
>plethora of customization options
>multiple guns
>variety of heads and shoulder pads
>even fun things to put on the backpack
>can be made as any chaper

new commander kit
>pointing hand or sword
>helmet or no helmet
>ultramarine transfer sheet

What went wrong, /tg/?
>>
>>54151394
Less options mean you can't kit bash. Have to buy more more models goyim.
>>
>>54151394
Erm Sweetie it's obviously so they can pass the savings onto us?
>>
>>54151394
A new army happened dingbat. They have no options on sprue because they have no Codex.
>>
File: dale.png (143KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
dale.png
143KB, 342x342px
>>54151569
>>54151421
Oh yeah and

primaris
>$35

old commander
>$22.25

I love New Games Workshop

>>54151597
B-bait? Why release the kit then if you don't even know what guns a captain can take?Why release this pseudo-customizable model?
>>
I really hate how lame their newer HQ models are. They really hit the sweet spot with their old captain kit. Charging $35 for an individual dude isn't very flattering either,
>>
You also forgot to mention

>sprue is cut up in a really odd way because lolCAD to save plastic
>except it makes the miniatures basically monopose because half one leg is with the torso and left shoulder or whatever
>>
From what I've heard, the captains (and chaos terminator lord) didn't sell so good compared to the amount of stuff in them. GW probably decided to make models that were more unique and less something made kitbashing bits together.

Quite frankly, with all the SM kits around, it's hard to believe anyone has any trouble making characters.
>>
>>54151394
But you can also exchange the bolt rifle for an auto bolt rifle
so many options :^)
>>
File: MULTiPOSE.jpg (72KB, 801x401px) Image search: [Google]
MULTiPOSE.jpg
72KB, 801x401px
How have you managed to avoid
>MONOPOSE
as the primary complaint?

It was always the best thing about GW kits, followed by gubz.
>>
>>54151802
>>54151394
>>54151837
I'm Australian. $60 each for me. Or i can get a bundle with both for $120. wow thanks GW!

I actually want(ed) the captain too
>>
>>54151802
>primaris
>>$35
You mean fucking WHAT?
>>
>>54153725
What do you think he means?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Primaris-Space-Marines-Captain
>>
>>54153779
Wait, so you mean I must pay 15$ for GW plastic model than for Infinity metall one?
>>
>>54153564
>>54153564
Holy fuck, shut up about your dollaroos. It doesn't simply translate. You have to work less actual hours to buy the same thing as a Canadian and you don't see them mentioning their magic plastic money every fucking time anyone else mentions money. All you are really saying is "yeah, things cost money here too!"
>>
>>54151394
>old command kit
could still only make one pose and most of the options were incomplete.
>one fucking lightning claw
>>
>>54151394

I wish the new plastic HQs were as good as the old Space Marine Commander box in terms of bits and multi-part functionality, but that box's sculpt was fucking horrible. He was literally a generic, outdated Tactical Marine with fancier bits.
>>
>>54153564
>$60 each for me

GOOD THING ONE AUD ISN'T EQUAL TO ONE USD YOU STUPID FAGGOT

NO FUCKING WONDER MOOT HATED YOUR FUCKING ASS SO GODDAMN MUCH HE SOLD THIS SITE TO A BUNCH OF JAPS
>>
>>54151394
>What went wrong, /tg/?
If no-one ever bothers to give their commanders storm bolters, chainswords, or power fists, why the fuck spend money putting them in a commander kit?

Everyone did the relic blade/storm shield combo, so why the fuck not make a model that can easily be converted to have that load-out? All this one needs is a little cutting on the bolter hand, and a new shield. Done.
>>
>>54161400
>Everyone did the relic blade/storm shield combo, so why the fuck not make a model that can easily be converted to have that load-out?

They'd actually make good money just from people wanting the bits. People have done this with FW storm shields for years.

Make a fancy, larger SS and Thunder Hammer or other popular HQ wargear and put it in the HQ packs and they would sell like hotcakes.
>>
>>54161438
When the corporate overlords look at this shit, they look at more than just sales figures. It's a lot like US movies or EA. They could make a ton of money on a little risk, but they always do the safe thing because money. And so we get Call of Duty 31897413978478794 and Space Marine commanders with 2 weapons.

It's not as if this is even a new thing, they've had this sort of shit going for years (remember the clamshell pack with the reskinned Assault of Black Reach commander?).
>>
>explicitly packaged as snap fit easy put 2gether for newbies
>op is shocked, SHOCKED, when it's monoposed

I mean
I get your complaint. But this is like smoking then complaining about Lung Cancer

Oh wait people still do that. Shit, humans are retarded.
>>
I like the Primaris Marines.

You guys will complain about anything. They could make a kit with 10 different weapon options and someone would complain about not having 11 options.
>>
>>54161731
>"STERNGUARD DON'T EVEN HAVE THE OPTIONS FOR THEIR COMBI-WEAPONS AND OTHER WARGEAR"
>GW releases a Sternguard weapon upgrade kit
>"WOW WAY TO JEW US EVEN HARDER WHY THE FUCK WASN'T THIS INCLUDED IN THE BOX TO BEGIN WITH"
>GW makes a new wave of plastic marine boxes with tons of extra options in every box
>"WOW PRICE HIKE FOR EXTRA BITS I WON'T EVEN USE? WAY TO GO JEW W"
>>
>>54161731
>>54161769

That's nice, but there's no way this kit should cost $35
>>
>>54161845
Dude, this is a luxury hobby. GW doesn't owe you anything.
Is it too expensive or are you just not earning enough money?
I personally ordered 4 of each.
>>
>>54161845
They don't really base HQ model prices off whats inside the box, it's more off the demand for them which (for the most part) has been geedubs pricing policy
>>
>>54152506
Damn, I miss the old chaos warrior box. The models were a bit silly, but fun silly. I bought an entire army's worth (well an entire army's worth by 6th ed standards) of these guys just because they were so fun to model, and easy to kitbash with other sprues.

I miss old GW models, even if they're less realistic in scale and with less fine detail.
>>
File: 1441837695676.jpg (126KB, 632x932px) Image search: [Google]
1441837695676.jpg
126KB, 632x932px
>>54155683
you sir are an ignorant cumstain who needs to shut the fuck up. Australian cost of living is not lower, nor is my own in NZ, meaning that when gw charges seventy fucking four dollars for a single monopose model it is downright fucking insulting.
>>
>>54161967
Yeah, the pricing policy has always been bonkers like that.

>hmm, this relatively small model is some kind of warlord. Better double the price.
>>
>>54159542
>Shut up foreigner, 45.5 usd for one model is totally reasonable
>Continues to gargle GWs cock
>>
Just stop giving GW money, it's that fucking simple. I stoped playing years ago, because frankly, I don't like to be fucked over on every step. The game is shit, every new miniature looks shit and the lore is going to shit too, There's simply nothing letf to enjoy.
>>
>>54155683
kill yourself retard
>>
>>54161865
>Dude, this is a luxury hobby
>says he about game for kids
>>
>>54151597
They've been doing this for a while now. Their new stuff is almost all monopose with little potential for bashing.
>>
>>54159542
$35 USD = $45 AUD you aspie cunt
>>
>>54164875
All we're saying is that nobody forced your ancestors to be criminals, and you're actually allowed to leave your penal colonies these days.
>>
>>54161617
These two kits are explicitly not "easy-to-build". This is actually GW making new "normal" kits now. All EtB stuff has been made for the game kits.

Also monoposed isn't the issue, it's the lack of any wargear or cosmetic customization.

>>54161731
I like Primaris, too. This isn't about primaris space marines being bad, it's about their commander coming with a total of 2 weapon options.
>>
>>54162863

I remember when they first came out, being a Chaos player in fantasy and them being the best thing I'd ever seen. And also £10 at launch for 12 big chunky models.
>>
>>54161865
> 4 of each
> not 10, one for each company
POOR FAG alert
>>
>>54161865
> luxury hobby
which explains why I can get so many cheaper minis from other companies for other games.
Games-Workshop isn't the hobby kiddo.
>>
>>54151394
Too bad the old commander kit is old as shit and prone to having warped power fists/lightning claws as well as being less crisp in general.

Solution: Don't buy either, kitbash your characters from other kits.
>>
>>54165172
Read a goddamn book once in awhile.

Luxury - a : something adding to pleasure or comfort but not absolutely necessary one of life's luxuries
b : an indulgence in something that provides pleasure, satisfaction, or ease

>>54167956

Anyone can buy cheaper stuff. You buy BMW or Mercedes for the brand and style. Any car can get you from point A to B.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.