[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Campagin & Writing Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: worldgen.jpg (189KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
worldgen.jpg
189KB, 1200x600px
So, /tg/ how's that campaign / world coming along ?
>>
>>54148959
It's coming along
wrote most of the minor stuff and will now finish up the the big religions and schools of magic. Thing are a little slower now than when Ibegan writing it.
>>
File: 1490063752883.png (2MB, 2530x2299px) Image search: [Google]
1490063752883.png
2MB, 2530x2299px
>>54148959
Pretty good. Even with a hard edged map, with no extrapolation of the outer continent, I have a handle on what's going on in the inside.
>>
File: 1499038054239.png (4MB, 1544x2024px) Image search: [Google]
1499038054239.png
4MB, 1544x2024px
It sucks bro. I can't seem to figure out where I want to go with it past like a high concept - in an alien and post monster-apolcalypse world formally illegal magic pulls a bunch of Vikings back from the afterlife to do battle with said monsters.
>>
>>54148959
everything turns to sand when I ask myself "what's there for players to do except killing another member of the big bad meta enemy that wants to eat all existence"
>>
also, I really need something to hint me how to actually do wilderness
>>
>>54149696
Why not something less threatening - like off the top of my head, chasing down vampiriric jewel theives. Or hell just take on small jobs from some rando with money.
>>
I have slowly come to the realization that every cool idea ive had about the setting has been stolen from something i played or read years ago.
>>
>>54148959
I have a pretty good idea for a start, the main villain (complete with a pair of mooks), the villain's lair..
But I seem to be missing the 'meat'. I try to think of what the players are to actually DO for those several sessions and my mind is a blank.

At least I still have time before our current Shadowrun campaign's over.
>>
>>54148959
It's going alright, but soon the party is going to get the ability to freely travel between the other moons (the game started on one of the moons of a gas giant planet). This means I have to map out the other moons soon, though I doubt they'll hop right to the homeworld of the villainous organization, what with only being level 7.

I'm still working out the main villain's motivation, though. He's the only surviving member of the precursor race responsible for all the ancient artifacts and magical technology and ruins that litter the moons, and the only reason he survived the precursor apocalypse is because he was placed in an extraplanar prison for his crimes against nature.
>>
>>54150172
Embrace it, my dude. Put in those four crystals that govern the forces of nature, put that time machine in there that takes them to a prehistoric era, make them fight magic-powered clockwork robots from a lost civilization, and stat up some Doom demons while you're at it.
>>
>>54148959
Ive got the geography all figured out, now I just need to sit down and write everything up.
>>
>>54149517
any more details/issues with that? I'm in the starting stages of writing a campaign centred on one large city and its outskirts
>>
>>54150543

Well, if you know how it ends, the rest is pretty easy. Just do some backwards planning from your villain's endgame. What's his plan, and how does that put him in conflict with the party? What are the steps he has to take to see it to fruition? Come up with some stepping stones, some points where the party can intercept this guy and his machinations.
>>
File: Ardun (1).png (563KB, 1446x1210px) Image search: [Google]
Ardun (1).png
563KB, 1446x1210px
Pretty good actually. Medium magic I suppose, plenty of distinct cultures not really real life parallels but with lots of inspiration from norse, baltic, and celtic mythology.
>>
>>54148959

The campaign/game is going well. The party is slowly beginning to explore the greater part of the world beyond their little marshlands town.

The world is becoming more and more detailed as I get input from the party and work on more ideas.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.