[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 14

File: nn.jpg (269KB, 540x851px) Image search: [Google]
nn.jpg
269KB, 540x851px
Previous thread: >>54129906
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-may-2017-plus-new-nook-store/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/these-eras-are-dark-too-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What's your favourite WoD20th book?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>54144677
Jophiel pls respond.
>>
>>54145160

While I assume you're a perfectly nice Moros, I usually don't date Anon's from 4chan.

>vampire treachery

Are you one of those Moros who thinks vampires are interesting and cool, or the type that thinks a leech vivisection is wholesome entertainment?
>>
>>54145203
>leech vivisection

Ah, there's nothing like the sweet sound of vampire screams to relax by after a hard day of solving Mysteries.
>>
>>54135117
>but that Child Vampire is not forever stuck with the emotions of a Child
>but they aren't stuck in the mindset of a child forever

Actually, Vampires are frozen mentally at the time of their Embrace. This stops them from going senile.

It's also a notable plot hook. A Vampire that didn't experience certain emotions in life might have difficulty comprehending them at a later period in his/her unlife.
>>
Would the Autobots vs Decepticons conflict be better modeled as Demons vs Angels or Forsaken vs Pure?
>>
>>54145290
I'd say Demons vs Angels.
>>
>>54145265
>Actually, Vampires are frozen mentally at the time of their Embrace. This stops them from going senile.

They change that in 2e of VtR along with the 'you don't have any real emotions, just the memories of it' shit. Keeps elders or even older ancillae from becoming pathetic throwbacks who couldn't really hunt.
>>
>>54145335
That's not what they changed. A vampire is forever frozen when they were turned, but they can still learn and develop.

An eternal child is going to be a very wise and experienced vampire, but with a very childlike demeanor.
>>
>>54145335
The 'mentally frozen' part is still there, I believe.

If it isn't, then it's a flaw. Vampires shouldn't be living past a couple centuries without going mad. It's essentially a failsafe to keep them sane.
>>
>>54145203
I don't like vampires. They're a plague on the streets. I mainly use Death to interact with ghosts. I learned the Corpse Flesh rote from a travelling Arrow that I beat in a drinking contest. We made the news because we were both using Life to cheat.

That's actually how my Moros learned the spell in the game I used him in. I told the ST I wanted it and he said we would have to justify it since it was an AA spell and I was Apostate at the time.
>>
How do Liches not go insane then if they don't have the frozen mentality benefit that Vampires have?
>>
>>54145444
They most likely do go insane. Or already are, to some degree.
>>
>>54145444
>>54145464
Hopefully the Lich has Mind, so as to enhance his/her mentality without actually freezing it.
>>
>>54145444
Who's to say they don't go nuts? Liches aren't well known for their calm rational decision making.
>>
>>54145502
high gnosis allows higher stat caps so mental stats at 6+ keeps them sane
>>
>>54145693
You mean just like Elder vampires who we were just discussing needing weird mental stasis to keep them together.
>>
>>54145693
Well at the same time having a high gnosis also loosens your various screws a bit.
>>
>>54145731
Well those ass hats were wrong and vampires arnt static anymore so yeh.
>>
>>54145764
The only part about them not being static anymore is the notion that they are emotionally hollow.

Vampires being mentally frozen at the time of their Embrace is still a thing.
>>
>>54145788
>Vampires being mentally frozen at the time of their Embrace is still a thing.
I mean, it does make sense. Their body stops. Their brain should too, unless you just want to go wholesale and say that every single function of a vampire should just be from the curse, or just ignore those kinds of things altogether.
>>
>>54145788
show it in print and you can have a cookie. Otherwise stop spewing shit.
>>
I just ignore all this shit because it makes no sense for a being with functioning mental faculties who continues to obtain new experiences to "Freeze" in any respect. Its dumb.

There is no need for such a thing to explain beings living centuries staying sane, because the idea that long life necessarily leaves to mental instability is wrong and stupid, especially when there is a community of beings with similar lifespans in existence.
>>
>>54145828
>muh citations
>>
>>54145836
You don't get it. They freeze mentally, they will always be the same individual at the time of their Embrace.

This does NOT prohibit them from gaining experience. An eternal child is going to forever have the demeanor of a kid, but will still grow as an individual.
>>
>>54145843
Most people dont even read the books and just spew verbatim what they have been told. I bet that this his how some GM ran it in some poxy game you were in and you now think thats they way it is.

Go read the fucking books, find the text that says vampires are mentally static they arnt even physically static anymore and can use willpower n shit to gain tattoo's and other shit.
>>
>>54145861
So all 18 year oldat embrace vampires are immature teenage pricks? No.
>>
>>54145836
IRL we as a species are going to need to discover ways to enhance the conscious mind in order to immortalize ourselves. Our brains can only store so much information.

It isn't wrong or stupid, and is a thoughtful discussion.
>>
>>54145892
They had the fog of ages before, its still canon in 2e just not as common. Old vampires might eventually forget parts of their existence via the fog.
>>
>>54145888
Immature teenage pricks at their core, yes.

Will they learn to act more accordingly in association with everyday unlife and petty Kindred politics? For sure.
>>
>>54145905
muh headcanon.
>>
>>54145876

We got a rager.
>>
File: 1496281325068.jpg (755KB, 938x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1496281325068.jpg
755KB, 938x1600px
>>54145861
>>54145888
>>54145905
That makes no sense though. The personality changes as being obtain new experiences, one process cannot be divorced from another.

Telling me that someone cannot develop new personality quirks, philosophies, ideas, etc [that is to say, their SELF] is the same as telling me they either can't obtain new experiences, or they cannot process those experiences [which is to say, they are brain dead].

The Self is not some unchanging core personality that can be flash-frozen, its an evershifting collection of interwoven components, a process that continues as long as the sentient being is alive.

To put this to a thought experiment, lets take your child Embraced. What does it mean for him to have a 'childish' personality? Reduce it down to certain traits, such as playfulness, impatience, and whatever other terms you like. Could the vampire, through an ascetic practice and diligent effort, remove each of those traits to himself? Obviously. The only question is whether the tendencies would be utterly removed or not [and unless they are genetically incoded, they would be removable. In other words, his being Embraced would if anything be a liberation since he could use his vampiric powers to overcome some of his inborn limitations].
>>54145892
The question isn't one of storage capacity. Saying vampires had bad memories is reasonable. Saying a vampire somehow has his personality flash frozen makes no psychological sense.
>>
>>54145964
>Telling me that someone cannot develop new personality quirks, philosophies, ideas, etc [that is to say, their SELF] is the same as telling me they either can't obtain new experiences, or they cannot process those experiences [which is to say, they are brain dead].

You completely missed the argument.
>>
>>54145964

Did you even bother to read the thread? It's still early, have a go.
>>
>>54145980
I can see who is missing the argument and its not who you think it is.
>>
>>54145964
The 'flash frozen' mentality of vampires is more in the frame, not the picture.

Or vice versa, depending on how you prefer the analogy.
>>
>>54145964
Whether it's true or not, it doesn't actually have to make any kind of psychological sense.
>>
After doing some google searching all i can find about emotionless static vampires is Twilight.

All these vampfags are in the wrong thread.
>>
>>54146064
Why would you use google and not just look in the books? They're in the mega.
>>
tell me channers, what's the consensus on Promethean 2e? did they fuck up my personal favourite?
>>
>>54146089
Promethean got a 2e before Changeling did? Nigga wat?
>>
>>54146078
Hey ive done all that. Which is why im 90% sure that the static vampirefags are completely wrong. I checked google to make sure some dev didnt say something somewhere or something.

Masq/DA was all about static vampires etc but nwod, not so much.
>>
>>54146242
It's still somewhat of a thing in Requiem, just not regarding emotions. They're no longer devoid of being.

And really, the static minds of vampires makes complete sense.
>>
>>54146089

Disquiet and Wasteland are less of a pain in the neck, the Pilgrimage is more codified, and the power system's different and with a lot more vocabulary involved. It's not bad and it makes some decent improvements, but still has some baggage. If Werewolf's the best of 2e and Beast the worst, Promethean 2e is solidly in the middle.

>>54146224

They're following original splat print order: Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Promethean, Changeling, Hunter, Geist. Only difference is that Geist 2e might come out before Hunter 2e, but Hunter 2e is being written very, very quickly so we'll see.
>>
>>54146411
>If Werewolf's the best of 2e and Beast the worst, Promethean 2e is solidly in the middle.
I do like Forsaken 2
but this doesn't sound very good desu

did Prommies' "power level" increase like Vamps' and Wolves' did?
>>
>>54146373
No it doesnt, Static would mean they cant learn anything new. The fact they can means they arnt mentally static.

I had to go check the definition of static for a moment "lacking in movement, action or change". Vampires can move, do actions and even change with enough will.

Not static.
>>
>>54145335

I hate when people try to dryly present their headcanon in like this. But since in this case, you are the tranny from the last thread trying to find any excuse whatsoever why someone would even consider embracing the hot mess of mental illnesses and inability to cope that is a trans individual, it's all the more laughable.
>>
>>54145440
Dude, you are roleplaying. This isn't a game. This is a thread on 4chan. You aren't in your magical realm, stop LARPING.
>>
>>54146525
What annoys me is the fact he says its a AA spell and he couldnt learn it.

If he had the Arcana he could do it without sucking AA cock. What the AA did was probably have a rote for it butaving to suck AA cock to learn a rote because your an apostate comes with the territory i suppose.
>>
>>54146512
Anon, you're stupid. Try using proper grammar and spelling sometime, as well as using context to get a better handle on what 'static' means here.

Putting aside whether it's true or not, when people say that vampires become mentally static at the time of their embrace, it just means that they maintain their same personality and mindset. They can still learn and process new information, but they won't grow or change like a person would over the course of the years. Static here is just meant to be the opposite of dynamic. Do you not recall middle school literature? Static characters versus dynamic characters?
>>
>>54146504

Not to the extent of Vampire or Werewolf, but the new power system does make Prometheans potentially capable of a lot more. The right builds can make them powerhouses, but that's not too different from 1e.

It's worth a read and a play, at the very least.
>>
>>54145917

It's a tranny. They are generally mentally volatile, emotionally unstable, narcissistic, mental cases. One common thread among them is they are virtually addicted to attention (positive or negative) and confrontation. They don't just relish it when they find it, they deliberately seek to provoke it, in their dress, in their behavior.
>>
>>54146525
It's not even LARPING though. I was just replying in character because anon was posting in character. Calm your autism. It was literally just one post.

>>54146546
I wanted to buy the rote, which comes from the Adamantine Arrow source book. ST made up a scenario to justify the buy and I played it.
>>
>>54146636
>I was just replying in character because anon was posting in character.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

>It's not even LARPING though

You were acting as though you were your character posting on 4chan.

Please note - you weren't roleplaying in a thread, describing what you would do or say - you were literally acting like your character, in the comfort of your own home, and typing what he would have typed on an Albanian Ropespooling Imageboard.

You were LARPing, duder.
>>
>>54146631
Not him, but you even used spoilers. C'mon.
>>
>>54146716
>You were LARPing, duder.
No, I wasn't. Please look up what LARPing actually is, and if you do find a definition that details in-character posting as LARPing, please show it to me. I also don't understand why light in-character posting is bad. Are you embarrassed by roleplaying? Are you not here to discuss a roleplaying game on a board for roleplaying games among other people who play the same roleplaying game you like to play?

I am ready to go full-autism on this.
>>
>>54146563
Cant prove his head canon, complains about spelling and grammar again.

Nice.
>>
>>54146839
You were Larping dude. You were typing at your keyboard as your character.
>>
>>54146870
A character who sucked some AA's cock for a rote.
>>
>>54146859
Not my headcanon, and also what's this "again"?
>>
>>54146870
>You were typing at your keyboard as your character
So are people who play online games also LARPers?
>>
>>54146918
Only on rp servers. They are also gay.
>>
>>54146939
Can confirm. Videogame RP made my dick like traps.
>>
>>54146895
Happened earlier when people cant prove what they are talking about they call out bad grammar and shit.
>>
>>54146939
What exactly do you think LARPing is? Seriously, I'm confused.
>>
>>54146955
Live action roleplaying?

What do you think it is, just constrained to running around in forests throwing beanbags at people or hiding in cellars pretending to be vampires?

If you are roleplaying away from a tabletop game then you are Larping dude.
>>
>>54146978
Wearing that furry suit you like and having kinky animal sex with your wife is larping too.
>>
>>54146839
>I am ready to go full-autism on this.
You have been there from the start.

>I don't like vampires. They're a plague on the streets.I mainly use Death to interact with ghosts. I learned the Corpse Flesh rote from a travelling Arrow that I beat in a drinking contest. We made the news because we were both using Life to cheat.

Notice the "I" there. You are speaking in first person. Everything is being discussed from a first person perspective. Things only a RPG character would say, such as the learning of magical spell hocus pocus, and opinions of vampires involving them existing.
>>
File: Trumper.jpg (44KB, 317x262px) Image search: [Google]
Trumper.jpg
44KB, 317x262px
>angry vampfags attacking LARPer for antagonizing vampires in-character

Keep LARPing, Anon
>>
>>54146978
>If you are roleplaying away from a tabletop game then you are Larping dude.
This is an incredibly stupid definition of it, and doesn't line up with what 'live-action' actually means at all, or even comes close to it. All definitions of Live-action roleplaying that I could find online do in fact detail it as roleplaying, in person, where you are dressed as your character and physically act them out in the course of a game that takes place in an area. Roleplaying on a computer is the polar opposite of that. In fact roleplaying at a table is closer to LARPing than what you seem to think it is. Where did you get that definition from? Your ass? I also went to look in the last thread, what exactly is your beef with in-character posting that would cause you to fucking sperg out over it? Or is that you're a vampfag and get triggered by anon posting about his vampire obliterating NPC?

Fuck, I was prepared to be the autist in this situation but you beat me to the punch.
>>
>>54146999
Anon, why does roleplaying suddenly become a non-autistic action for you when it's done seated around a table? LARPing is gay as fuck, but posting online in character isn't LARPing. It's just roleplaying.
>>
>>54147034
Hey, Magefag here. Dude is still an autist for LARPing in a general

>>54147099
> but posting online in character isn't LARPing. It's just roleplaying.

It's roleplaying if you're playing a roleplaying game. It's LARPing if you're living out the experience.

If you're pretending to be your character and typing on a message board the things your character would type on a message board, you're LARPing.

If you're typing on a message board the things your character would say at a tavern, surrounded by a dozen tipsy orcs who are eyeing you off for spilling their drinks, you're roleplaying.
>>
File: 1484113340404.jpg (43KB, 481x365px) Image search: [Google]
1484113340404.jpg
43KB, 481x365px
Jophiel, please liberate us from these autistic vampfags.
>>
>>54147131
By all definitions, it's literally impossible to LARP online. Stop pulling shit out of your ass and show me where you're getting this from.
>>
>>54147152
Plenty larps have forums you post IC too. If you post to it your larping.

posting here as your character is worse as your not even in a fucking game which proves you must do this constantly. I bet you live out this super drinking news worthy character every single second of the day??
>>
>>54147063
Oh wow, stage 4 hissy fit achieved. Autistic screeching levels off the dial. Perception of safe space shattered. Tears streaming.

Keep trying to blather your way to victory though. It's making for some entertaining reading.
>>
>>54147177
>If you post to it your larping.
No, if you post to it you're roleplaying as a character that you also LARP as. LARPing is literally physically acting out your character in person, period.
>>
>>54147152
You're LARPing at the comfort of your own computer. We're just watching the tragic results.
>>
What a petty discussion.
>>
>>54147272
Do you want the magefags to return?

Fuck off!
>>
>>54147244
>one brief in character post that wasn't even replied to
>anon can't contain himself and replies to it nearly two hours later in a bitchy way
Yes, truly all my fault.
>>
>We're just watching the tragic results.

No, we're reveling in and laughing our asses off at the sad, pathetic, and unintentionally hilarious results.

Posting in character on a board about discussing games, not a specifically in-character board just looks mentally ill. Don't do it if you can't handle being laughed it.
>>
>>54147243
> A LARP is a collective fantasy world similar to the role playing game Dungeons & Dragons — but in the flesh

If it was tabletop you would say "I type this into the computer" if you actually type it into the in computer in the flesh thinking as your character then you are larping.
>>
>>54147280

I do, actually. Yes, I would love the magefaggots to come back.
>>
>>54147284
post the characters pic

Anon has drawn him for sure

need more laughs
>>
>>54147285

This is a board for tabletop games. Naturally roleplay is going to be a part of that.
>>
>>54147298
'In the flesh' literally means 'in person', which is what I said. If that's you're definition of it, then roleplaying at a table is also larping.
>>
>>54147152
>it's literally impossible to LARP online

LARPing = Living out the actions of your character.

If you, as your character, make a post online - you're still LARPing.
>>
Wait, why does it matter if someone is roleplaying just to take jabs at vampfags?

You guys will fight over anything.
>>
>>54147324
What are you, weapons-grade autistic?

If you sit down at a table and say 'My character goes to the computer and writes this on 4chan' - it's roleplaying.

If you sit at your computer and write 'My character would say X' - it's roleplaying.

If you write out what your character would write, in first person, like you were your character - it's LARP.

Otherwise you're making the literally retarded claim that while LARPing it is impossible to use the computer in character.
>>
>>54147324
I dont take a spear along to my tabletop game and stab people with it like my character does.

If you were at a tabletop game and continued to type on your computer as your character then yes you would also be larping at it. Equally as sad at tabletop games as in your own bedroom just now.
>>
>>54147339
So if you speak in the first person as your character at a table instead of the third, is that also LARPing? If you make gestures and expressions to act them out, is that LARPing?
>>
>>54146952
I've got news for you anon you might be the homosex.
>>
>>54147320
No, it really isn't.
>>
>>54147359
So the difference to you is just between speaking and acting in the first person (LARP) and the third (RP). Anon, that's fucking stupid. I'm sorry for not putting my character's lines in quotes and then putting "-Jack, Moros Apostate." at the bottom, even though I did differentiate by putting what I actually said in the spoiler and what the character said in plain text.
>>
>>54147370
>So if you speak in the first person as your character at a table instead of the third, is that also LARPing? If you make gestures and expressions to act them out, is that LARPing?

That's where the line blurs. You could reasonably argue that you are LARPing while you roleplay.

My belief is simple - if you acting out your characters actions is the norm: then you're at a LARP. If you describing your characters actions is the norm: then you're roleplaying.
>>
>>54147370
If you start making stupid gestures and expressions n shit at a tabletop then yes you are starting to larp and will eventually morph into a faggot.
>>
>>54147393
Anon, you do realize you're in a thread for a roleplaying game, right?
>>
>>54147396
No, you'd just write
>My character views vampires as a curse ect ect

Boom, simple.

What you did is LARPing, bucko. Just enjoy it. Go for the ride. By some foam armour and a nerf sword. Run around at night, screaming at cops about your +3 ring of electrical resistance, see where it leads you.
>>
>>54147402
Acting at a tabletop is LARPing as well? Is it standard for you to just deliver your character's lines in a monotone with a flat expression, either preceded by "X says" or followed by "X said"?
>>
>>54147406
>a roleplaying game

he means Mage!
>>
>>54147393
Are you fucking retarded or what?
>>
>>54147426
no i just roll my dice and seduce everybody without saying a word.
>>
>>54147406
Yes. Absolutely. You do realize this is a thread for discussing them. Not an in-character roleplay forum. Those exist, go fucking do a web search if you are that desperate for one. RPG.net might be a better fit for you. In fact I think you'd fit in very well there.
>>
>>54147418
>>My character views vampires as a curse ect ect
He doesn't. He just doesn't like them. It's called expressive language, but that isn't the point.

>Just enjoy it. Go for the ride. By some foam armour and a nerf sword. Run around at night, screaming at cops about your +3 ring of electrical resistance, see where it leads you.
You're really equating that to one brief in-character statement? If it was entire exchange I could understand, but come the fuck on. Don't be so autistic.
>>
>>54147285
This it looks mentally ill.

>Haha i learned death because i hate vamps so much yada yada

Control yourself son. This is a general. People already told you in the last thread. Show some distance to your edgy char.

Btw larping is used on a wider sense on 4chan. And larping as your character in a general always was frowned upon.
>>
>>54147444
I'm not desperate for one though. It was one in-character post, with what I said and what my character said clearly distinct from each other, you gibbering retard.
>>
>>54147460
Along with containing your autism, also try reading what you're talking about next time.
>>
>>54147444
You really are THIS retarded, ain't ye?
>>
>>54147476
either keep doing it or stfu
>>
>>54147460
You realized countless threads have been made on /tg/ precisely for roleplaying purposes, right?
>>
>>54147507
just not this one
>>
File: huh.png (55KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
55KB, 500x444px
>posts on tabletop threads
>gets angry over minimal roleplay

why are you even here?
>>
>>54147500
"Faggots, all of you."

-Jack, Moros Apostate.

Am I doing it right now?
>>
>>54147454
Only magefags do "brief in character statements". Its not about the fact you constantly do in character-mage-surpremacy-over-vamps (and we know its always the same dude larping) but the general fact that you larp is the problem. I would be just as annoyed by vamp larping.

>>54147496
What ? I agreed with the Post that said larping in a general looks mentally ill and then adressed the magefag larper. If that was unclear i apologize otherwise elaborate.

>>54147507
>specific RP threads
>this is a general
>for GENERAL discussion

Thats the point. Post in-character shit in the appropiate places.
>>
>>54147532
"This thread is absolutely revolting on all possible accounts!"

-Anon, Anonymous.

Yes, yes you are.
>>
>>54147532
Yes you are larping correctly.
>>
>>54147476
You got so butthurt about it you through one of the biggest hissy fits I've seen on these generals in months. Seriously. Think about that. And you know and we know this hissy fit is going to continue, probably beyond this thread. So there you go, you broken, volatile little autist!

This is a forum for discussing traditional games. The general threads are general discussion threads of topics in specific games. When people post here, they do so as themselves, not imaginary characters. When someone decides to be a special snowflake, they get called on it.

Deal with it.
>>
>>54147531
They evidently have very strong opinions on what kinds of roleplaying are acceptable. Didn't realize the lines were so thin.
>>
>>54147454
Hush, sweet summer child. Don your Leather Helmet of Reality Denial and wield the Nerf Sword you call 'Foehammer'. Your quest is to collect twenty beanbags for the Mage legions.
>>
>>54147541
You really need to leave /tg/ if you can't handle a few IC posts.
>>
>>54147541
I'm not the anon who posts as Jophiel, you tard. And you were perfectly clear, as well as autistic. You also evidently can't read.
>>
>>54147553
Thats retarded.

>have a tabletop group
>one dude constantly shows up in larp clothes
>HEY THATS PERFECTLY ALRIGHT JUST LEAVE THE HOBBY IF YOU CAN'T TAKE IT

Do nerdy stuff at the right places.
>>
>>54147547
>Think about that
I have, and I really don't know what you mean. Point to the post and explain?
>>
>>54147572

I don't think you understand how roleplay works.
>>
>>54147572
People sit around tables in-character, anon.

They don't go dressing up. Not unless they want to.
>>
>>54147582
I think you don't. General abstract discussion is not done IC.
>>
>>54147594

You're equating a few IC comments to a full blown discussion? This is only a discussions because you got triggered over said few IC comments.

You need to grow a pair.
>>
>>54147572
>>one dude constantly shows up in larp clothes
Well this should only really be an issue if his characters dress like retarded edgelords or something. Otherwise he should just be wearing pretty normal clothes, as one would in an urban fantasy game. If his characters do dress retardedly, then I would say the larping clothes aren't the biggest or only problem.

Most of what I'm seeing here shows a problem with roleplaying, period. No first person speech or actions. No expression. Gotta keep those lines clear in these immersive fantasy games, evidently.
>>
>>54147591
Wtf. The point is:

Yeah you sit around the table IC (mostly). You have established group rules etc. Its a chill afair. If one dude constantly shows up dressed as Morgoth the Destroyer thats not appropriate. Nobody says you are a fag for larping. Just do it at the appropiate places.

>>54147605
Stop acting like this doesn't happen often. The larping is a clear and noticable trend among many generals now.
>>
>>54147605
They got triggered over one IC comment, actually, which some of them haven't even bothered to read from what I've seen.
>>
>>54147634
Oh please, this is /tg/

You're in the minority here
>>
>>54146631
I know this is bad bait but
>"They relish attention"
>posts multiple times about it
>>
File: 1467855118452.png (309KB, 392x714px) Image search: [Google]
1467855118452.png
309KB, 392x714px
>>54147634
I tell you what, if one guy did show up as Mogarth the Destroyer to my tabletop game, that would be great. Fun as fuck. You come off as embarrassed about your hobby. I would rather play with people who get into their characters than dull boring fucks who throw fits the minute people start getting immersed. If the guy showing up as his character is bad, it's because he's a shitty annoying player with a shitty annoying character, not because he's wearing a helmet and has a prop warhammer.
>>
>>54147545
"That sounds stupid to me."

-Jack, Moros Apostate.
>>
>>54147676

>ashamed about your hobby

Nope. I just never liked playing with people taking it to far. And for me it wouldn't be immersive if one dude showed up in larp gear, it would actually limit my imagination because now i am forced to see him as a fat dude with ill fitting gear and a foam axe instead of a Hyperborean barbarian. Same reason i don't like larp.
>>
>>54147634
I honestly hope to god that the Jophiel poster continues his/her IC posts occasionally.

It's satisfying seeing people like you get all bitchy over nothing. More so than the magefags.
>>
>>54147716
>I just never liked playing with people taking it to far.
Right, and one IC post and a costume for tabletop roleplaying is too far.
>>
File: in the dumps.jpg (29KB, 579x562px) Image search: [Google]
in the dumps.jpg
29KB, 579x562px
>>54147634
Cry me a fuckin' river, you pretentious cunt.
>>
>>54147634
>Stop acting like this doesn't happen often. The larping is a clear and noticable trend among many generals now.
Wow, it's almost like... this is a board... for games... in which one roleplays... weird, man...
>>
>>54147749

>One post

It happens constantly. More than one Time. Over several generals. Stop acting like people Bitch because you did it one Time.

>>54147746
>>54147749
>>54147760
Strange you can always spot the people lacking a decent social behaviour. In a group you also have certain rules and don't just have free flowing autism. Its generally accepted to not post IC in a general discussion thread. Thats why you have special threads for that.
>>
>>54147792
>It happens constantly

Except it doesn't. I haven't missed a single thread.
>>
>>54147802
Me neither. And there are at least one or two instances of this cringy shit.
>>
>>54147792
How far does your anus go?

>Its generally accepted to not post IC in a general discussion thread
You're hilarious
>>
>>54147813
Top Level Argument. Even the 40k fags don't larp.
>>
>>54147792
In this general I've only seen occasional Jophiel posting, and I think there were some vampfags speaking as actual vampires a few threads ago, but that's about it, really. This is the first time I've seen a bunch of losers flip shit over it though.

>Strange you can always spot the people lacking a decent social behaviour
Pull Morgarth's foam axe out of your asshole, anon. "Lacking a decent social behaviour", are you for fucking real? Didn't realize roleplaying was a prim and proper hobby with strict codes of conduct to be observed. You sound so incredibly uptight and dull.
>>
>>54147811
"Isn't actual hubris just assuming you know best? That you're right and everyone else is wrong?"

-Jack, Moros Apostate.
>>
>>54147665
I have?
>>
>>54147393
holy shit, are you autistic
>>
>>54147842
This isn't about vampwhatever vs magewhoosawhatsit. Stop trying to deflect. This is about behavior that is both socially and functionally out of place in a general discussion forum. It was called for the idiocy it was. People laughed, a faggot freaked out, people laughed harder.

Again, calm down and deal with it.
>>
>>54148065
lol

Barely anybody even gave a shit. You just went ham like a fuckin' autistic retard.
>>
>>54148065
Thanks. One other person in the general with some common Sense.

I think its high level retarded if people here seriously act like larping in generals is normal for/tg/
>>
>>54148065
>>54148102

You're trying way too hard.
>>
>>54148065
>Stop trying to deflect.
I wasn't, you moron. I was only pointing out the instances of IC posting that I've seen. Tell me, what's wrong with you people? One IC post and you spill your autism and start a shitshow, like this isn't a general for a roleplaying game and that light roleplaying in a thread for an RPG is somehow just completely unacceptable and out of place.
>>
>>54148118

He's probably new to /tg/, in all honesty.
>>
>>54148102
Have some common decency and put some effort into your typing, plebeian. Nobody will mind if it takes a few extra seconds for your posts to arrive.
>>
>>54148118
>unacceptable and out of place

also weird and creepy

please no more
>>
>>54148024
That's your only retort. You're not very creative, are you?
>>
>>54148144
Probably because it's true.

Not much needs to be said.
>>
>>54148144
An idiotic post doesn't exactly engender creative replies.
>>
>>54148133
Or someone who hasn't been here for a few weeks. There's been a trend. He's right though, in character posting here just looks bad. It's embarrassing. And we have LARPers in the fringer periphery of our hobby.
>>
>>54148139
"No."

-Jack, Moros Apostate.
>>
>>54148165
>in character posting here just looks bad
This is /tg/
Too many people do it for it to look bad

It's not uncommon, and it's not out of place.
What do you think this board is for, exactly?
>>
>>54148112
>>54148137
He is making a point. You are failing. In every sense of the word.
>>
>>54148186
What am I failing?

Please elaborate.
>>
>>54148165
>It's embarrassing
You know what else is embarrassing? Flipping shit and throwing fits because you think roleplaying is only acceptable when it's milquetoast exchanges around a table.
>>
>>54148186
Failing at what? Telling him to shape the fuck up because he's typing like a spastic third grader?
>>
ITT: LARPfag has lost all semblance of ability to support his case, so he decides to samefag it up assuming we can't tell.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170704-120250.png (251KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170704-120250.png
251KB, 1440x2560px
>>54148112
Stop acting like only one person is annoyed by larping.

>>54148137
>spastic third grader
>plebeian

Have some common decency and contain that edge.

>>54148165
This. I am honestly shocked that people really think it would be cool to show up in larp costume to a normal tabletop round.

V5 clearly showed how retarded the larping scene is.
>>
>>54148219
I think it's hilarious that you think your stance on the matter has any sort of relevance.

There's a massive difference between roleplaying as a fat goth chick and typing mere sentences.
>>
>>54148219
>mobile posting
I'll contain my edge when you stop being a plebeian, plebeian.
>>
>>54148231

Enough relevance to trigger autists trying to justify their defunct social behaviour.

>>54148236
Some people can't sit on their battlestation all day.
>>
One thing I have learned over the last two threads. When you see the LARPers trying to pull their shit, stop standing idly by. Call them on it. They will *LOSE THEIR SHIT ABOUT IT* as only the neuroatypical can.
>>
>>54148251
You realize you're in the vast minority regarding your opinions on roleplay, right?

I shouldn't even need to tell you this.
>>
>>54148254
I think it's funnier when a single LARPost can trigger autists.
>>
>>54148251
>light roleplaying in a roleplaying thread is defunct social behavior
You know what could also be called defunct social behavior? Slacking off at work or wherever and using your phone to make moronic posts on a Burmese glassblowing forum.
>>
>>54148257

>vast minority
>opinions on roleplay

a) Forum roleplaying and LARP are both fringe phenomena. So no i am not in the minority.

Stop trying to normalize larping in non RP threads.
b) You don't even know my opinion in roleplay. You know my opinion on IC-posting in a general thread.
>>
>>54148254
>one in character post
>REEEEEE GET THE FUCK OUT WITH THAT MAGICAL REALM SON
It's pretty clear that the morons on your side of the fence lost their shit right off the bat.
>>
>>54148288

>slacking off at work

Eh wrong buddy. Nice try but you still need a real argument instead of making assumptions about me.
>>
>>54148292
Nice detour, anon.

But no, I'm referring to the masses. Roleplay is a very common thing in /tg/

You need to let it go~
>>
>>54148292
Is it fringe phenomena or a rising trend? It can't be both.
>>
>>54148302

>one in character post
>one

Again magefags (one or two persons) do that often
>>
>>54148292
>IC-posting in a general thread.

Which just isn't an issue, clearly. How could something so minor trigger something so fierce?

:^)
>>
>>54148309

>fringe phenomena : Larping, forum roleplaying
>rising trend: Fags in the general larping as mages

Try harder.
>>
>>54148219
You're right man, completely. I've been annoyed by it as well. The larping here has been not only been adverse to the thread's stated raison d'etre, as a WoD/CofD (and begrudgingly V5) general discussion, but it's been bad roleplay.

Shameful stuff at that. The kind of stuff that you see from the fat, unbathed, unkempt, smelly, loners who drift from group to group until they end up on the LARP scene because the public nature makes it harder to exclude them or escape from them. And they always do pick a favorite game - could be any, it's not just Changeling, Mage or Vampire, though it usually is, but, they then lose themselves in to the point that it becomes their identity, the pillar of their self esteem.

I think the sad cases we see here are the ones who don't even make the cut for the public LARP scene, the autists, the NEETs, the shut ins, the ugliest of uglies, fattest of fatties, who decide to take their autism here, and their broken marysue character too.
>>
>>54148306
If you aren't at work then where are you obligated to be to the point that you aren't at home? School? Posting during lunch? I wanna know. And don't be a hypocrite, assuming I sit at a battlestation all day.
>>
>>54148308

>roleplay is a very common thing in/tg/

Show me the general were larping is common.
>>
I'm amazed by how easy it is to trigger LARP-haters

I will be typing IC more frequently
>>
>>54148313
What was in the last thread should have been left in the last thread. So it's either you're too autistic to let shit go or autistic enough that one post gets you fired up.
>>
>>54148353
Not LARP haters, people who get so pissy over a single IC post.

It's REALLY fuckin' pathetic
It never even put a damper in these threads until now.
>>
>>54148326
>The larping is a clear and noticable trend among many generals now. (>>54147634)

So do you disagree?
>>
>>54148353
As will I.
>>
I think the thread's been more entertaining today with only the one in character post than most of those in the last few weeks with the mageanon/jophielanon pulling its tranny shit,
>>
>>54148338
I never said i am obligated to be not at home. And tf why should i tell you where i am? Thats exactly the kind of creepy behaviour connected to IC posting in a general.

And i only said you sit on your Battlestation all day because of your smug
>hehe phoneposting plebeian

>>54148362
In this specific general larping as a mage is a rising trend. That has no bearing on the fact that larping IN GENERAL is a fringe phenomenon.

Thats not hard to understand anon.
>>
I just looked back to the start of the argument, and I don't get it.

Why would someone feel the need to post in character when asked an out of character question? And then use spoiler text. What was being spoiled?

It seems like that is what anon was calling the larpfag on, and larpfag lost her shit about it.
>>
>>54148362
Only an unfortunate aberration in the very recent few weeks. It's actually as jarring as namefagging really (on this anonymous board)
>>
>>54148386
It's not a trend. It never has been. Aside from a few stragglers, there's literally ONE person doing it, you god-fucking moron.

I haven't missed a single fucking thread. This isn't an issue, and never will be.
Or perhaps not, considering your constant pretentious pestering is going to drag out more ways to derail threads.

I wouldn't be surprised if more people are going to post IC just to piss off shit-schmucks like you.
This thread is already half dead because of your anal leakage, it's hilarious.
>>
>>54148393

Why bother pretending to be a different person?
>>
>>54148386
>I never said i am obligated to be not at home
Then you can in fact afford to sit at a battlestation, you liar. You just choose not to.

>In this specific general larping as a mage is a rising trend. That has no bearing on the fact that larping IN GENERAL is a fringe phenomenon.
Okay. You could have just said you disagreed.
>>
>>54148393
Yes, IC Anon got annoyed.

People hating on him/her got even more annoyed. They're an embarrassment.
>>
>>54148393
>Why would someone feel the need to post in character when asked an out of character question?
Anon was posting in character as Jophiel, prompting me to respond in kind.
>What was being spoiled?
Nothing. Spoiler text is used liberally. In fact on boards like this one and plenty of others, it's actually rarely used for it's intended purpose, to the point that stating you are spoiling an actual spoiler is common. I was using it to differentiate.
>It seems like that is what anon was calling the larpfag on
It wasn't.
>larpfag lost her shit about it.
I'm a guy.
>>
>>54148432
IC Anon? You mean larpfag?
>>
>>54148478
He was typing in-character.

Not sure if he LARPs or not.
>>
>>54148488
Some idiots think larping and IC posting are one and the same.
>>
>>54148478
Probably.

All wanted to ask is if Mastigos with Spirit would be better than Thyrsus with Mind for Mage!Rac Shade?

And also to post my inspiration for this idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqTrdptLRrs
>>
>>54148413

>no issue

I haven't missed a thread either. And for a sizeable chunk of the general regulars it is a problem.

>>54148333
Explained one part of the problem. Its REALLY cringy RP.

And autists like you are enabled by that shit. Immediately stuff like

>Could my Hunter date Jophiel.
>Tfw when your werewolf gf disembowels you but you have Death 4 so its okay.

That shit fucks threads up often.

So actually i am glad i annoy you.
>>
>>54148473
Okay so there was an ic dialog going. That makes more sense. You didn't need to be singled out, Jophiel should have been called about it too. Why don't you create an In Character thread. That sounds like it would actually be interesting.

But this is a general, in character stuff is just shitting it up, it's noise to the signal, and it only serves to create even more static. It always does.

In character discussion belongs where it is welcome, clearly it's not welcome here. Even if a few like it, that does not make it universally so.
>>
>>54148522
>for a sizeable chunk of the general regulars it is a problem.

How does one even come to this conclusion? Are you some sort of global psychic?
>>
>>54148525
Thank you. That was always the point.

It was never about Mage vs Vampire
>>
>>54148511

Posting in character on an out of character forum is pejoratively known as LARPing. It has been for a while.
>>
>>54148525
>Jophiel should have been called about it too
They were last thread, with an equal degree of autism.
>Why don't you create an In Character thread
I'm not actually that interested in IC posting.
>>
>>54148528
The fact that there is a lengthy discussion in this thread.

That i have discussed this shit in earlier generals with several people.
>>
>>54148537
Doesn't mean it is larping. In fact it's incredibly stupid, because larping is explicitly defined as physically taking on the role of your character to engage in physical, in person roleplaying.
>>
>>54148570
This thread is lengthy because of a few morons pissing their pants over something so minor.

If this was as big an issue as you're making it out to be, there should be countless threads being derailed over it.
>>
>>54148578
In the past it was mostly brought up as one point of magefaggotry. And countless threads were derailed.

Thanks to tranny/sidebar/politics discussion though people accept magefagging because the tranny stuff was even worse.
>>
>>54148601
Magefags encompass a lot of shit, true.

Though I fail to see why we're treating this IC issue as a bigger problem than "hurdur mage supremacy"
>>
>>54148522
>>Tfw when your werewolf gf disembowels you but you have Death 4 so its okay.
I made that post. I hope you realize it was a joke made in response to a joke post, and it did nothing to derail anything because nobody screeched at me about it. I don't even have a Death 4 character with a werewolf girlfriend.

The "larping" might be cringy but it's harmless, and if left alone nothing comes of it. Note that shit only blew up in this thread because one anon came swinging in trying to put somebody in their place.
>>
>>54148511
They're the same if you're not posting on a PBP board.
>>
>>54148632
No, they aren't.
>>
>>54148577
Language is a fluid thing, constantly evolving. Words don't mean what you want them to mean, they mean what they mean, and that is how they are understood by the consensus.
>>
>>54148646
>Words don't mean what you want them to mean, they mean what they mean
Exactly. And LARPing means physical, in person roleplaying aided by props and costumes. That's what it's literally defined as, what it means. As you said, words don't mean what you want them to mean. Larping doesn't mean IC posting just because you want it to.
>>
>>54148630

>it was all a joke
>its harmless

Nah. Its not. When the larping started the thread became progressively worse. It acts like kerosine for the fires of magefaggotry. Especially because its always magesurpremacy larping that only leads to shit like : How would an archmage enslave Luna.
>>
>>54148641
Yes, they are.
>>
>>54148663

On 4chan its used in a wider sense. Go to /his/ or (don't) /pol/ and you will read stuff like: Stop larping as an Ancap
>>
We could boil this whole argument down to "The larper is a colossal faggot and doesn't want to admit it".
>>
>>54148670
It was a joke, retard. A stupid joke. And magefaggotry gets on just fine without larp posting.
>>
>>54148682
>using retarded boards to defend a retarded stance
Fits, I suppose.
>>
We could boil this whole argument down to "This anon is a colossal faggot and doesn't want to admit he's overreacting".
>>
>>54148621
>They need humans as much as you need cocaine - it's fun, but not necessary.

Don't they subsist on Glamour to the point that they'll die without it (like how changelings with Wyrd 6 or higher slowly die without Glamour infusions). Maybe I'm wrong and they don't need Glamour, but I'm fairly certain they do. Plus, glamour was called a "mix of essence and mana" which the denizens of the lower depths consume mana and souls.
>>
>>54148707
Shh, little faggot. It's okay. We know. We all know. You don't need to keep defending yourself. It's okay. Go suck a cock, and larp elsewhere.
>>
>>54148724
Shh, little faggot. It's okay. We know. We all know. You don't need to secure that low self esteem of yours. It's okay. Go suck a cock, and screech elsewhere.
>>
>>54148741
Leave stupid posts alone, anon.
>>
>>54148722
I have never seen that line about 'mix of essence and mana'. Sounds like something from mageposters.

Check the game of stories in the ending part of the Autumn book. That's how the true fae get their jollies. Glamour is incredibly common in Arcadia itself. The massive amounts of it, in conjunction with their fae masters, are what made the changelings.
>>
>>54148663
>LARP
>noun
>a type of role-playing game in which participants physically act out scenarios, typically using costumes and props.

For example:

>Roleplaying
>My character posts on 4chan!

>LARPing
>I physically act out my characters actions - posting on 4chan - using a prop - computer.

Yeah, IC posting is larping. Do me a favour and grab me some beanbags when you go to pick up your wizards robe and hat.
>>
>>54148773
LIGHTNING BOLT.
>>
>>54148783
NAH NAH LESSER ELEMENTALS CAN'T CAST LIGHTNING BOLT AND RUN
>>
>>54148773
IC posters aren't playing a game though, so it's not a LARP.

>Roleplaying
>My character posts on 4chan!

>LARPing
>I physically act out my characters actions - posting on 4chan - using a prop - computer.

So the difference is in first person and third person. So it would be totally fine if it was couched differently? Quotes and signature, like what was pointed out earlier?
>>
>>54148698

Shhh. Anon do you use autism ? That actually has a different meaning in the real world too.
>>
>>54148614
The IC thing seems to be an open wound for them, doesn't it? I'm loving all of the histrionics that have been elicited from one little one sentence post calling out someone for interacting with Jophielfag. (or Jophielfag himself samefagging/sockpuppeting). There is something raw there, and I am wondering if they got banned from another board for this sort of activity.

Maybe we should start reporting them.
>>
>>54148835
I use it when it fits, like pointing out that someone can't communicate for shit and shows a severe lack of social skills. I don't use it to describe something the exact opposite of it.
>>
>>54148853
>Maybe we should start reporting them.

Now you're starting to sound childish.
>>
>>54148853
I'm loving that people like you exist, and the mental hoops you jump through to make your behavior acceptable.
>>
>>54148833
>IC posters aren't playing a game though

Says who? Is your argument that these people think they are really these characters? That instead of LARPing they are genuinely insane?

Or are you arguing that roleplaying - larp or not - has to be an orchastrated event with multiple people?

>So the difference is in first person and third person. So it would be totally fine if it was couched differently? Quotes and signature, like what was pointed out earlier?

Yeah. Technically anon was right earlier - if you act out what your character is doing, even at a tabletop game, you are LARPING. I wouldn't call the event a LARP, but it's still what you're doing.
>>
>>54148853
Go ahead. It's already a rule on boards where it's actually irrelevant and harmful, like with /vg/ and avatarfagging. Although when the mods cracked down on it, everyone went down. Avatarfags and their detractors/reporters, because it takes two to tango. So I hope you're prepared to be banned as well.
>>
>>54148883
>Says who?
Do you think they are? You don't have to play a game or be in a group to be roleplaying.

>Yeah. Technically anon was right earlier - if you act out what your character is doing, even at a tabletop game, you are LARPING.
So even something as mild as speaking in the first person as your character is larping. That's autistic, but whatever.
>>
"IC Poster" = larper. The term larper has the further bonus in that it serves to punctuate just how inappropriate the behavior is for the medium, and caricaturizes the buffoon posting in character to an out of character discussion.
>>
What is a good place to discuss WoD apart from OPP forums ?
Because clearly this thread is the namecalling and nitpicking general
>>
>>54148853
>thinks anon actually cares about the ic posting
>thinks anon doesn't like to argue for its own sake
>thinks any of this means anything to anyone

Oh my sweet summer child.
>>
>>54148872
You really aren't, it's quite obvious to all here.
>>
>>54148920

rpg.net
>>
>>54148920
Good question. I thought about opening theme focused threads here on /tg/. Otherwise i lurk some german forums.

I would be happy to hear a few suggestions aswell.
>>
>>54148933
Didn't someone note that trannies were addicted to confrontation and attention?
>>
>>54148938
They even have forums for in character discussion.
>>
>>54148920
/x/ tons of mage and vampire related threads.
>>
>>54148951
So the anons that confronted the larpers and drew attention to themselves are trannies?
>>
>>54148918
>So even something as mild as speaking in the first person as your character is larping. That's autistic, but whatever

...yeah, that's LARPing dude.

A LARP is where it's nothing but that, and an RPG is where that's the minority.
>>
>>54148937
"Only one person could ever think I'm a fucking retard, teehee!"

No.
>>
>>54148973
I think he's saying all Anons are trannies?
>>
>>54148983
>...yeah, that's LARPing dude.
And that makes it bad?
>>
>>54149003
That would explain a lot. Deep down we're all just frustrated little girls.
>>
>>54149040
>I want to be the little girl

The American dream
>>
>>54148938
>>54148958
Sounds neat
>>54148969
I want to talk about rpgs, not pretend to be a wizard
Although /x/ can provide a lot of inspiration
>>54148945
I should look into forums in french too but most of it is the french Camarilla and well ... we all know how that goes
>>
>>54149072
Pretending to be a wizard is ok

As long as you're killing vampires
>>
>>54149025
No? This was never arguing over if LARPing was ad. Don't let your insecurities muddy the issue.
>>
>>54149096
I'd rather be a wizard-killing vampire
>>
>>54149072
In general most non-english forums have a small community that knows each other. So its honestly a mixed bag. I only lurk these forums because posting there isn't worth it.
>>
Why is Werewolf the Forsaken not popular enough. It is the stuff of fucking love. 2.0 just amazing.
>>
>>54149446
No idea honestly I prefer CofD to NWoD and nWoD to oWoD
>>
>>54149482
Actually I'm a German, Saxon, Norse mix, I have no blood from that part of the world.
>>
Man so I just looked at the "items in the works" part of the OPP page and... What the fuck, there's NOTHING for werewolf at all.

Vampire: The Requiem
Guide to the Night: Specific guidelines for getting the most out of Vampire: The Requiem 2nd Edition for both players and Storytellers. Includes Three Tier advice for setting your Chronicle and additional ways to expand your characters and Chronicles. 212 pages. PDF/PoD.
Half-Damned: There are creatures tainted by Kindred blood, yet not quite among the Damned. Building on Vampire: The Requiem Second Edition, Half-Damned covers ghouls, revenants, and dhampir as playable characters. 200 pages. PDF/PoD.
The Crossover Chronicle: PDF/PoD
Dark Eras 2: PDF/PoD.
Werewolf: The Forsaken
Mage: The Awakening
Signs of Sorcery: This book covers the physical, tangible expressions of magic: Sacraments, Magical Tools, Grimoires, and more, as well as the creations of archmages. 120 pages. PDF/PoD.
Tome of the Pentacle: A clanbook-style investigation into the Orders that explores how they interact on a regional and global level. Included in this Mage: The Awakening 2nd Edition book will be the history of each Order in more depth than ever before. 212 pages. PDF/PoD.
Promethean: The Created

There are more things being worked on for fucking BEAST of all things right now. AKA 1.
>>
>>54148983
A Live Action Role Play
An event where a person dresses in costume, acts, and uses their whole body to live out the fantasy of the roleplaying game, where you actually have to swing a (foam)sword and make contact with the other person to cause damage. The sort of event where there are no dice, and the players real skills are often put on display.

That is no where near the same as talking in first person at the game table where you role dice. Where you can be what ever you want and do what ever you want. Want to be a smooth, seductive, handsome character? Sure you can do that in a Table Top even if your face looks like an ache riddled hell scape that isn't done justice by the term Pizza Face. Want to be an expert fencer of olympic proportions unrivaled by all. Sure you can do that in a Table Top or Online game over a forum or VTT but you can't in a LARP.

Sorry but this kid is just Roleplaying. They aren't Rollplaying just Roleplaying.
>>
>>54149133
Well anon if you don't want me to register you shitting on my supposed larping as it being bad, maybe you shouldn't have conflated it with running around in costume throwing beanbags at people. Getting mixed signals here.
>>
>play vtm:b
>sabbat go out of their way to kill your ghoul
>they don't even try to use her as leverage
Dicks.
>>
File: vampmotions.jpg (61KB, 502x283px) Image search: [Google]
vampmotions.jpg
61KB, 502x283px
>>54146512
Pic related is where it talks about that, near the start of the Requiem 1e book. It also calls them 'static creatures' and such throughout the book (page references: 40, 50, 51, 66, 83, etc.) In particular, pg. 83 of the 1e core talks about 'static mind'. It's mostly used as a fluff piece, typically describing how vampires have problems dealing with short-term things. They use 'static' to describe 'hard to make changes to' in the core, really.
>>
>>54149884
My man they where talking about 2e
>>
>>54149639
OPP will be kill son enough anyway, so it won't matter.
>>
>>54149771
Because to the Sabbat, ghouls are property. Unless they have maintained a high humanity, most Sabbat wouldn't give two shits about a blood slave of the Camarilla. It's a destroyed resource that can fuck with them during the day, which is dangerous.
>>
>>54149978
why will they be kill son, is it because that fuck face left?
>>
>>54149955
I understand, they didn't state that until way late in that discussion list. I'm just stating that this is usually where the 'vampires are static' thing comes from.
>>
>>54149771
>not telling your ghoul to go hide
It's like you don't even have a passing affection for her.
>>
>>54149999
Ah, alright fair enough, I'd figured you joined the conversation late or something.
>>
>>54149999
Does 2e state contrary or not mention this in any way? If so this may be something that was sacrificed to the gods of Page Count and older documents might provide an answer.
>>
>>54150036
I think 2e has a specific repudiation even but lack it at work to check for sure. I'm sure if it exists someone can find a cite.
>>
>>54149771

The Sabbath honestly is the only thing that bugs me a little in VtM:B. But thats a necessary thing because of video Game Imitations and for mass appeal.

>>54149990
But that wouldn't prevent the Sabbath from utilizing ghouls against the Cam. The Sabbath as i see him is NOT to dumb to use the higher humanity against the Cam.

>>54149993
Why ?
>>
>>54150179
>Why ?
David Hill quit OPP because of some guy named Zak a few months ago. It was all the rage.
>>
>>54150019
Is that in a mod? In vanilla, you can only let her go or she dies, but she's your ghoul. She probably isn't going to end well on her own, considering she's orphaned and iirc unless you let her go immediately she basically withdraws from polite society to move into your haven. I'd have sent her to mercurio to cool her off a bit honestly but he's lacroix's ghoul so that would have just ended poorly. Speaking of him, what happens to him when lacroix dies? Does the blood bond make him crazy? He needs someone to supply him vamp blood right?
>>
>>54150036
It actually talks about things in the opposite when emotions come up in some places, like blood sympathy triggering with particularly powerful emotions. They went the opposite direction and don't really talk about emotional development of vampires in great detail in 2e, likely due to the base conceit that vampires will emotionally develop like humans.
>>
>>54150192
and nothing of worth was lost that day.
>>
>>54150179
First, nitpicky, but Sabbat not Sabbath.

Second, it doesn't prevent them from doing so, no. But the Sabbat books talk about their ghouls in some places and the descriptions of how they treat them range from 'the whipping boy' to 'a piece of property'. If a ghoul is an ornament to a Camarilla vampire, a ghoul is a disposable towel to a Sabbat vampire. Doesn't mean a ghoul carrying a firebomb vest brekaing into a powerful Camarilla vampire's haven and going suicide bomber, or ghouls using Influence to get shit rezoned, buildings knocked down, records expunged and gotten. They're a tool, used to a specific end.

Any smart Sabbat would kill any Camarilla ghoul because it's a resource to put in play against their capabilities. People who play Bloodlines also really ascribe a 'yes, you are my friend' relationship to ghouls... but that's not how the 'standard ghoul' relationship is in the Camarilla in VtM.

It might be a friend like Heather, sure; but it also might be a manservant who does your day to day business with an undying focus because of the blood bond that the vampire tolerates because he's good at his job; and it may simply be a human you snapped up as a bodyguard, a piece of meat good with a gun and a knife to keep you from getting assassinated.
>>
>>54145964
>Could the vampire, through an ascetic practice and diligent effort, remove each of those traits to himself?

IRL, personality is pretty much set in stone, or rather, in genes. Short of yet undiscovered neurosurgical procedure you can’t for example make a lazy man into a diligent one.
>>
>>54150201
Added in the unofficial patch, I believe. The same one that adds things like character history. Also you don't always die at the end.
>>
>>54150201
I think its a mod.

I sent her away when she wanted to move in with me and wanted to give me her college money.

He probably ages very quick. The dude is 60 (?) and after you finish LaCroix and his court there is nearly no one left to take him in. My char as i envision him would probably take him as Ghoul because he is useful. Maybe Therese or Jeanette would take him in to strenghten the rule over Santa Monica.
>>
>>54150307
I would definitely take Mercurio. The fortune teller says he's one of the two people you can actually trust.
>>
>>54150256
>Doesn't mean a ghoul carrying a firebomb vest brekaing into a powerful Camarilla vampire's haven and going suicide bomber

Why wouldn’t Camarilla vampires do that? They are not required to follow the Path of Humanity.
>>
>>54150341
>believing a Thin Blooded prophet
>>
>>54150256
Fucking phoneposting sorry.

Well you are not wrong but i also think there is a ton of Cammy vamps attached to their ghouls. A clever Sabbath assault would use that to lure them out.

Sure LaCroix would just write Mercurio off if the Sabbath abducts him. But against other Vamps there are cleverer ways to use a captured ghouls.
>>
>>54150201
Once Lacroix is dead he'd either age quickly if he doesn't find a new regent or gets killed for being a loose end. All things considered, if the Anarchs win, he's probably killed unless they keep a calm head, if a new prince is chosen from the remains of the camarilla either said prince takes him in or you do. He likes you a fair bit if you do that stuff for him so he'd probably be down and not a hassle to handle even before the bloodbond makes him wanna (literally) suck your cock.

>>54150354
It's not exactly cool to go off humanity, as far as I remeber, but it's not like following humanity doesn't mean you can't do dark shit.

>>54150358
Any child of Malkav can be trust worthy to atleast give SOME truths, and given her role in the game, 100% trust worthy source.
>>
>>54150341
And the Dude has hot Connections and seems to be competent (the astrolite stuff seems to be the exception).

>>54150354
I honestly think the Cam is MUCH better in using Ghouls. Even in that way. I think its quite likely that the Cam would first send a ghoul if they discover a sabbath pack.
>>
>>54150354
Not saying they wouldn't. Again, as I noted above, ghouls can be looked at as anything from 'my majordomo' to 'the piece of meat I get to do dirty work for me'.

I was specifically responding to the anon who seemed concerned/confused as to why the Sabbat wouldn't use a ghoul as leverage against, ostensibly, a neonate vampire.

>>54150361
>phoneposting
Okay, my nitpicking about the typo of sabbat is forgiven.

Oh, sure there are. And that's a tactic that can be exploited in a larger game that places more focus on the Camarilla as a whole. Bloodlines' narrative suffers because it's 'an illegal Embrace, given over to the streets with all the interactable NPCs being Anarchs or independent vampires, or Sabbat enemies'.

Also, Rosa's less a child of Malkav and more actively using Thin Blood powers (when you get to be so thin blooded, the Curses of Caine don't factor on your powers and limits/abilities). The Thin Blood book gives them an ability of foresight called Insight. I always felt like it was a nice little touch to the world (and a good lead into the Gehenna novel, which treats Bloodlines as canon to an extent).
>>
>>54150414
Generally a neonate/high humanity ancila would be pretty careful and take care of their ghouls, same with Anarchs that have humanity and don't go along the line of thought that makes them think having ghouls are bad. Or well, enough of that opinion that they don't use them. No Sabbat is going to care about their ghouls beyond.... Maybe family or the odd Tzimesce that has some perverse affection for their 'creations'. you know, like pets.
>>
>>54150480
Also, most Sabbat ghouls are actually revenants from some of the Tzimisce-bred Revenant families, so there's a bit more cultural craziness there.
>>
>>54150358
The fortune teller is a malkavian. Her vision are legit and both the guys she mentions as trustworthy are. She just isn't a loony malk 24/7.

>>54150307
I think there's no real reason why a PC wouldn't be able to take mercurio in if they already stayed on friendly terms with him. Especially if you didn't send heather away. He mentions how he only gets vampire blood monthly, so it's not he's high maintenance, and he's probably not so entrenched in vampire politics that he'd reject that offer if it meant survival. Maybe if you're an anarch, but even then, you didn't kill Lacroix.
>>
>>54150438
I Honestly think a Camarillia game would be to hard for most people. Maybe a CK II style game by paradox could work.

What me always bugged is the fact that the Anarchs accepted LaCroix in the first place. The Cam lacks the power to even maintain the level of control it has.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1482462164732.jpg (28KB, 603x317px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1482462164732.jpg
28KB, 603x317px
>>54150480
Eh. Maybe neonates but Ancillae and Elders have more experience in using Ghouls AND they have the connections and ressources to use them how it hurts.

Using a suicide Bomber ghoul is more effective when you have the Police Department in the bag.

>>54150499
This. Mercurio actually is a chill dude and really useful for a neonate building a powerbase.
>>
>worst thread ever

The ridiculous LARPer discussion is worse than any Mage or Vampire arguments, and up there with rage over pronoun usage.
>>
>>54150579
>bringing it up when the discussion is constructive again
>>
>>54150499
I don't ever recall them actively saying she's a Malkavian Embrace. But everything she talks about lines up with the descriptions of how Insight works. If she is (it's been a while since I played through Bloodlines), it's a double dose of suck for her as she gets visions from two different sources.

>>54150500
It could be more difficult, but I think it'd be a blast to see, which is why I'm hoping the default mode of whatever vidya nuWW releases is Camarilla-focus. I love VtM and was brought into it in the 'Camarilla hierarchy' standard mode of play, and would love to see it given the justice it's due.

On the note of ghouls, let me share to you guys the story of one of my favorite ghouls from a game ever. It might describe to you why older vampires start viewing ghouls as property instead of people and friends.

Continued...
>>
>>54150374
>but it's not like following humanity doesn't mean you can't do dark shit.

You can’t do dark shit while on humanity.ay, you can, in theory, but there are severe drawbacks for doing so.
>>
>>54150579
>bitches about how the thread was terrible
>tries to instigate and drag the discussion back to the shitshow
Thanks for being part of the problem.
>>
>>54150600
I honestly trust Paradox with a political game. Could be a blast.

And yeah i would be delighted to hear a good ghoul Story.
>>
>>54150677
shame about Paradox pulling some less than kosher shit by raising their prices before the summer sale. But really I'd play a vampire mod for CK2, which is what the game would probably be.
>>
>>54150600
Well, she's a thin blood, we have no idea what clans they are since it mostly doesn't matter. But if she isn't, then there's no explanation that I know of for her vision. She tells you things that are all true (You can only trust the lone wolf and the man on the couch, Don't open it, Dinosaurs?). The only way she could know them is insight or jack decided to fuck with you some more. Man, you don't even find out jack almost killed you, too.
>>
>>54150600
This is the story of Alexei the Toreador Primogen and his ghoul, Sebastian.

Alexei was an 9th Generation Toreador, Primogen of the City. Well-off and well-to-do, Alexei made a living as a patron of mortal pianists. Alexei was also an adrenaline junkie, forever getting himself into trouble, always forgetting he was a primogen and going out and getting into fights.

On the advice of his childer, Alexei took a ghoul as a bodyguard. This man, Sebastian Harcourt, was an ex-police officer who ran a youth boxing club and did bouncing on the side. Alexei snagged and ghouled him about 50 years ago.

Flash forward to the modern nights of 2004. Alexei, yet again, runs off from his bodyguard, getting injured in a battle with a court traitor. Alexei returned home with aggravated wounds from a Gangrel's claws, which drove Sebastian over the edge. Sebastian began to think of... other ways... to keep Alexei safe.

A week passed as Sebastian set up his plan. He bought a small concrete mixer, he bought a bunch of quick-crete, and a coffin that he cut an arm-sized hole in the side of and a tube hole in the top of. Sebastian's thoughts: I am his ghoul, his bodyguard. He keeps throwing me aside and getting hurt. I HAVE TO PROTECT HIM. I LOVE HIM and IT IS MY DUTY AND JOB.

During the day, Sebastian attempts to stake the vampire... luckily, Alexei wakes up and makes his stay awake during the day checks, and a fight ensues. The ghoul gets a lot of lucky shots in, but eventually fails when Alexei comes out of his shock and remembers he can spend blood to heal.

Sebastian is investigated and integrated, and in a teary declaration of love, states that he was going to put Alexei in a staked form inside of a coffin, with a hole to feed him blood via a tube and a hole for his arm so Sebastian could drink. He loved Alexei, and Alexei needed to be protected... not just from their enemies, but from himself.

Continued...
>>
>>54150733
Alexei takes him into his arms. "Shh, shh. It's okay." And he drinks from him. Drinks. And drinks. Until he is dead. When Alexei's child, Marisol, enters and finds Alexei standing over the exsanguinated body of Sebastian, she asks what happened.

Alexei turns, looking at her with an expression of confusion. "He attacked me. I had to. He was... broken."

>>54150720
Did you not read my post? I already told you, Thin Bloods get an oracular power called Insight that gives them visions of the future, particularly the machinations of elders and methuselahs in the Jyhad.
>>
>>54150757
He mentioned insight by name
>>54150720
I think it's reasonable to think she herself is a child of malkav considering how she talks and how the malkavian responds to her. It could be a mix of Insight and the trace connection to the madness network?
>>
>>54150777
I misread his intent by the word insight there, then, my bad. The first part of his reply reads like he didn't even take me mentioning Insight as a power into account, especially 'no explanation that I know of for her vision'. Insight is that explanation. I blame my inability to sleep for my lack of reading comprehension.
>>
>>54150192
so no more weeaboo shit? Wonderful
>>
>>54150859
Nah, you'll get all the weeaboo shit you want in David Hill's very own vampire RPG, More Than Night. A 'game about monsters, but not written BY monsters' (yes, that's his fucking tagline).
>>
>>54150757
Thats actually a good Story. A lot of rounds completely ignore the fact that ghouls are essentially mentally fucked Junkies in love with their Dealer.

A strong personality could very well decide that he knows whats best dir their vamp.
>>
>>54150892
that's some Brucato level of faggotry
>>
If my guy releases dozen tons of potent nerve agent in Vienna christmass market, do I roll loss of humanioty once for "act of total depravity" or once for every person harmed or killed?
>>
>>54150900
This was played out by the PC players of Alexei and Sebastian in one of my very first VtM games after getting back into it in 2004. It was an amazing set piece that we, the other three players, were totally cool sitting back and watching play out.
>>
>>54150929
I also have another one, though it's more my PC and his poor ghoul-attache. This was written up by our ST during the game, as the character was on the verge of dropping from Humanity 3 to Humanity 2 in a Requiem game.

The smell of blood was thick in the air. Not lustful, such as one of the marvelous blood orgies or bloodplay sessions he's had in his sire's home, the Abbotoir or local fetish clubs. No, to the Ventrue's keen nose, the blood was thick with one scent: fear.

Aaron stepped forward into the office, flicking on the light, expecting the pool of blood, but not the source: his loyal retainer, Antoinette Girard. Her body lifeless, hanging from a noose in the ceiling beams, wrists slit with the blood congealed on her hands and fingers, where it had run, and dripped into a plastic tarp. Unphased, stark white eyes scan her once, and Aaron steps past her, sliding off his tuxedo jacket and tossing it onto one of the plush leather chairs in the office.

The tall Ventrue settled into the chair behind his desk, reaching up to rub his short beard, then push his slightly longish hair out of his eyes. Reaching out, he pulled a note forward, lifting it before his eyes. Instantly recognizeable as Antoinette's fine penmanship, he lets himself take a breath; unneccessary for one of the Damned, and reads.

Dearest Lord Savage:

I can no longer bear to bring you bad news. I cannot love you but also be in mortal terror of you any longer.
I've called a headhunting service to provide you with a new executive secretary. He reports to work on saturday. I've also called one of our cars to dispose of my body.

Yours.
Antoinette

The note is dropped as quickly as it is read, Aaron's Blackberry sliding out of his pocket; a quick phone call confirms Antoinette's letter. The white-eye Kindred turns, moving to the big, plate-glass windows that give him a commanding view of his city.

(Continued..)
>>
>>54150928
:Lowest level sin, it'd be kinda clusterfucky to roll for every person, since you may as well just say, "Okay you go down to that level."
>>
>>54150962
For a long time, Aaron Theodore Bourke Savage has not bothered to even think about himself. As his muddy reflection fades into view, willing himself to be reflected in the glass, he clasps his hands behind his back. Thoughts of the words of his allies -- Lady Paige Newsome of the First Estate; Cornelius Eldridge, better known as Pinky Berkowitz; and others begin to come into his head again. Dark hair and dark pupils, a black tuxedo vest and pants, with a golden shirt matching Lady Newsome's ensemble. A hand raises to touch his temple, his colorless eyes narrowing a touch, as his fingers trace down his jawline, the dark hair against the pale, corpse-like skin.

He turns away from the reflection, moving across the office. One look over his shoulder at the body, and the light is turned off. Have things really moved this far beyond Lord Savage's plans? And, at his deepest core, Aaron wonders -- three years as a Kindred. Am I really that far-gone?

This was a really good way to shock the character out of his downward spiral (it didn't work, but....)
>>
>>54150928
I wouldn't even give you a roll. You just killed thousands of people, you lose at least one dot of Humanity automatically.
>>
File: 1446146199624.gif (144KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1446146199624.gif
144KB, 512x512px
This is a dumb question but humor me if you like.

I want to write a novel based on the plot of my years-running oWoD campaign. If I ever wanted to get this thing published, to what extent would i have to file off the serial numbers, so to speak?

Like obviously naming the vampire clans and shit like that by name would be too obvious, but do you think stuff like the origins of vampires, werewolves, etc, would fly under the radar? I have no idea how litigious the (what? three?) companies that own the IP are.
>>
>>54150985
I mostly agree with you. Maybe even 2 points if you are above 4.

The only thing that could lead me to at least allowing a roll:

If you have a REALLY good reason to do it. I.e preventing the Zombie Apocalypse.
>>
>>54150989
Could just try to write a novel for OPP/White Wolf Neo offically.
>>
>>54150989
If you used anything that was recognizable as specific WoD tropes (werewolves are the children of the earth, mages use consensual reality and warp it) it could become a thing.

You'd have to use the situations and such but change the source immensely. NuWW owns the IP and have been protecting it so far (C&D orders on websites using their IP in illegal manners, etc.). Hell, you might wait until they get their Storyteller's Vault up and going, and then you can sell them as WoD product.
>>
File: laughter.jpg (40KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
laughter.jpg
40KB, 600x480px
>>54150989
>I want to write a novel based on the plot of my years-running oWoD campaign
>>
>>54151021
Problem being that we slam-dunked the metaplot in the trash, and the tone is utterly different. Difficult to explain, but it's basically a nobledark noir detective story, that eventually became stupid anime superhero shit.

>>54151027
Hmm, I see.

What's Storyteller's Vault? Is that like a Black Library thing they're trying to get off the ground?

>>54151029
Trust me, my reasons for wanting to do this are even dumber.
>>
>>54150757
Amazing storytime
Thanks for that and I am definitely gonna steal it for a low-level requiem plot hook
>>
>>54150989
I'm fairly sure you would just have to change names and such. Fun fact, a guy got away with blatantly stealing Sherlock Holmes as a character over a hundred years ago just by changing the name to Herlock Sholmes. I'm sure laws have been updated since then but if people could sue for people writing with ideas and concepts close to their own to the point of rip off, so many writers would be sued. Even some really famous ones.
>>
>>54151064
Storyteller's Vault is a planned thing that will allow people to publish their stuff digitally under a specific WW license, they talked about it at the Berlin event. It essentially covers supplements for everything up through V20 as well as fiction.
>>
I shall now shit up this thread in a diffrent manner.

https://twitter.com/machineiv?lang=en

who wants to read David Hills new book, it looks fucking stupid, but you don't need me to tell you that.
>>
>>54151102
It depends on how many points are specifically able to be proven as part of an IP. Just filing off names, but leaving the situations obvious (two opposed sects with the same Cam/Sabbat ideaology? Pretty obvious) wouldn't work. You'd have to take the situations and put them into your own framework or be REALLY GOOD at filing off the specific points that make it recognizable as the WoD setting.
>>
>>54151102
Remember that time White Wolf and the Underworld guys got into a really stupid legal battle. I sure do.
>>
File: DO NOT WANT AUGH.gif (2MB, 275x206px) Image search: [Google]
DO NOT WANT AUGH.gif
2MB, 275x206px
>>54151118
>written in first-person POV by an expat Anarchist living in Japan

Yeah, no.

>>54151097
Glad you enjoyed. I'm sure I have more storytimes (maybe not ghouls, that's the only game I've ever played in where someone played al ong-term ghoul), but... Masquerade, Requiem, Forsaken and Lost are all my bag.
>>
>>54151134
Hmm, the more I think about it, the less I think I'll actually have to worry about this. Just as long as I don't include anything idiotically obvious. Like, just running through my head, the similarities that still remain are like...

>Vampires have biblical themes/originate from an old-testament curse
>Werewolves are naturalistic, intertwined with native americans
>Vampire/Werewolf/Mage forms the trio of main characters
>Abominations are a thing (not called as such)

Honestly the plotline itself has me more running the risk of being too similar to Hellboy.
>>
>>54151189
Plot points are also a thing. One of the things behind the mentioned Underworld issue was that it was nearly beat for beat some fiction short story about a love between a vampire and a werewolf.
>>
>>54151215
Yeah the plot has fuckall to do with WoD.

Like I said it's pretty hellboy-esque. Clandestine paranormal organization dedicated to maintaining the balance and secrecy of the supernatural world.

The first "act" or "book" or whatever involves an Abomination (previously mentioned) trying to use some magic macguffins related to the proginator of vampires to wipe out the vampire race in an act of revenge.
>>
>>54151158
I'm a big fan of Requiem and Lost, not so much of Masquerade and anything Werewolf or Mage related
If you do have Lost stories you feel are worth telling, I'm all ears (eyes actually)
>>
>>54151118
>https://twitter.com/machineiv?lang=en
why would anyone support this fag with money? Not even OPP does it.
>>
>>54151301
Wait do you mean him quitting or his allegations that OPP doesn't pay him/pays like shit and or not at all?
>>
>>54151292
Well, I can storytime my Changeling, 'Tinman' Tommy Burkhardt, a Metalflesh in the form of a toy soldier/Nutcracker. He was a military sniper who was taken to fill out needed space in the Toyland Army by the King of Crawling Filth (the Rat King), who came back and is one of the odd local changelings: he was able to reclaim his life, as when he returned his Fetch went crazy and ran off, so he was able to claim PTSD and recover his life (with his wife and daughter). He became part of the Freehold out of necessity, as a way to deal with his actual Fae issues as well as to keep tabs on Fae craziness to keep his daughters and wife out of the line of fire.

There was a wandering Hobgoblin (which was essentially pic related) who 'sold everything you never knew you needed'. He spent a lot of time trading with the local Lost Freehold, using them to recover items from other sorcerer hobgoblins in the local Hedge.
As he continued to consume the 'things' that they would pick up, it came to their attention that they were repowered an actual True Fae. They stopped and he in his Galadrial-esque true form, came after them. It was a fairly epic ending to that plotline as we stopped that Banished from regaining his full power.

The second plotline my ST and I worked out together, focusing on my PC's history. There was a bowl valley in the Hedge in our city, and an ABC Block castle appeared there, staffed by handsome mice in royal regalia. In reality, this was a Realm of a True Fae, Tommy's Keeper, and staffed by rat-shaped Hobs and lorded over by Bolezn, the Rat King, The King of Crawling Filth, perhaps the inspiration for the Nutcracker itself. A horrid, bloated and disease-ridden rat the size of a black bear, he masquerades as a handsome white mouse prince. But he can't hold this form forever. His seven heads have seven crowns, all signs of his divinity, each crown emblazoned with a word in Russian: the Titles of the Actor.

Continued...
>>
>>54151350
his allegations. Rich has whined about it indirectly in the Monday Meetings
>>
>>54151457
Unbeknownst to the other Lost, Tommy got kidnapped shortly after these handsome mice started being seen in the Hedge. Tommy was actually replaced by his Fetch in his daily life, and the Fetch had had its sanity restored by Bolezn. They just thought Tommy was eschewing Lost stuff, as he does that sometimes.

Ultimatley, they found out that the Rat King was attempting to conquer the local Hedge to make it 'safe' for the True Fae to incarnate, via an army of faceless Tin Soldiers, who were controlled by Tommy's body, wired into a toy clock and used as a 'hub' to run the Tin Soldiers.

The players banded together and rescued Tommy, stopped and killed the Actor and saved the day. Except for the fact that Tommy lost his mind, tried to raise his Wyrd super fast to become a True Fae to 'protect his family' and, when he realized what he had done and was doing (he killed a local Smoke Elemental in their fight), took his family and fled.
>>
>>54151485
Maybe if Rich would stop shoving the Kickstarter money into cocaine to shove up his ass, things would be better.
>>
>>54151485
Oh right I saw some shit about payments when I scrolled through art and checking to see where shit is in being made. I should read it properly.
>>
>>54151515
Maybe if Rich stopped blowing the kickstarter money on cocaine to put up his ass he'd have the ability to pay people.
>>
>>54149884
That says they are emotionally retarded. Doesnt mention mentally static.
>>
>>54149647
2/10
>>
>>54151507
If only you knew...
>>
>>54150989

That reminds me, I have a character concept for a Mage character who writes bizzaro-lit stories that satirize the actual World of Darkness.

Basically written in such a way that no one who isn't already clued in would figure it out.

He's an ex-Son Of Ether who joined the Hollow Ones because they make up a large portion of his Fanbase. That and Paradigma refused to publish his stories. I actually have quotes from them handy.
>>
>>54153030
Go for it.
>>
>>54153226

Dark Kyle of Clan Poojah was incensed, as usual. But aside from that snag, the Commode meeting was going as planned. His VanToilet rival, a icy-business bitch by the name of Queen Vera VanToilet was not going to give an inch. “The sewage treatment plants are a VanToilet concern, of course.”

Dark Kyle decided to drop a bomb right there. “My boys have seen some of those Incontinentu freaks doing a daisy-chain in the area. You wouldn’t happen to be favoring public defecation, would you?” Lord Lark of the Malcacamen interrupted him. “This isn’t India, or even the Deep South. Public defecation will never fly in New York. At least not outside of the subway system. Or the Bronx.“

Queen Vera spoke. “This remains a VanToilet concern. And that is why any Assferatu of any other clan caught in the area will suffer the Flushing, as of midnight. Tell your people.” Of course, her real motives for this remained totally secret. The sweet sin of Diabooty, the brown life flooding her mouth - was forbidden among the Commode Clans, but she still hungered so.

-The Assferatu Chronicles V: We Eat Butt
>>
>>54153254

These are written to be deliberately horrible, in the way that only media that only exists in a fictional universe can be.

"Pentup was deliberately, for what amounts to shits and giggles, planning a massive oil spill all over the bay area. Fucks-the-Dog had the proof. But what could his tribe do about it? Reveal the truth before it went down? Bankrupt the company via the stock market? Get the EPA involved? No, those were all stupid. The answer was clear. They had to organize a massive fur-suit orgy in the local Pentup headquarters, of course! THAT would show them. "

- Yiffpocalypse
>>
>>54153297

There's also "Wight Club," which is Wraith, and a number of "Hexploitation" stories about a character called "DP Loveshaft," with titles like "The Dunwich Whore" and "The Dude that came all over Sarnath"
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.