[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ metathread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 437
Thread images: 149

File: 1409979243699.jpg (93KB, 385x549px) Image search: [Google]
1409979243699.jpg
93KB, 385x549px
Hiro says we can have a metathread to talk about board problems. Now that Hiro has said he'll "think about" allowing quests back on /tg/, does this mean that the people trying to get generals and CYOAs kicked off the board will finally shut up?
>>
>>54141619
>does this mean that the people trying to get generals and CYOAs kicked off the board will finally shut up?
Hopefully. Odds are they'll just find something else to whine about anyway.

Also if we do get quests back, I hope he'll also punt all those anime quests back to /a/ where they belong.
>>
It would be nice.

People need to learn how to filter or just ignore things they're not interested in instead of trying to get them banned.
>>
File: 100 dead hitlers.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
100 dead hitlers.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>54141619
Good god I hope generals don't get kicked off the board, the last thing I want is the front page being composed of 5 DnD threads and 5 40k threads FOREVER.
>>
>>54141619
I wouldn't mind CYOA threads as much if they'd stop trying to circumvent filters.
>>
File: a satan.jpg (81KB, 636x500px) Image search: [Google]
a satan.jpg
81KB, 636x500px
Question: Do you think increased shitposting surveillance by the mods improves the board, or makes it worse?
>>
>>54142297
/tg/ was better when we didn't have dedicated moderation and only guro and CP were deleted.

The problem with a board-specific mod is that the things they consider /tg/-related aren't necessarily the same things that other neckbears consider /tg/-related. It's natural to think that your opinions are correct, since they're your opinions.
>>
>>54142270
I'm filtering 15 40k threads right now.

>>54142297
I'm not saying that the moderation can't turn bad, but I have to say I only noticed positive instances of moderation in the last months.
>>
>>54142297
You need some level of moderation with 4chan as it is now. Blatant shitposts should be deleted.
>>
>>54142188
Ignoring them doesn't make them stop taking up space. Besides if the quest board can't stand on its own that says a fucking lot about the quality of the content, and /tg/ is already over burdened with shit.
>>
Christ, do not bring back quests. The board being worse without them is a fucking meme - sure there are shit threads you see more often, but only because there aren't constantly bumped part 101 anime slut quests pushing them off the board.

The only way you should bring back quests is if shit like anime universe quest X or comic book quest Y actually sit on the relevant boards, not on /tg/.
>>
>>54141619
I actually don't like generals, though I just think they isolate discussion, but I gotta agree with >>54142188, just y'know, ignore the shit you don't like instead of sperging about them and trying to get them banned

>>54142297
Worse, defiantly worse
/tg/'s a lot less chill than it was, and ironically I think it attracts more shitposting than it stops cause now people think they can shitpost until the whole thread/subject they don't like is gone

>>54142415
Honestly that's not the issue, the issue is that bans are too easy to dodge so deleting shitposts and handing out bans for it solves nothing

>>54142438
>Ignoring them doesn't make them stop taking up space
>Taking up space
Can you please explain this idea?
I've always been of the opinion that unless you're spamming threads, if a thread falls off the board that means it lacked enough interest to keep discussion going
>>
Urr durr generals are bad cos /vg/ is bad mmmkay. Fuck off. Generals on /tg/ for the most part stay on topic and actually discuss about the game. They are good starting resource for newbs. Stop complaining if your lolrandumb may may threads got 2 replies and bumped off.
>>
Every time this post gets a (You) a questfag dies.
>>
>>54142188
Yeah that's real enlightened of you except the fuckers intentionally don't label them so they can be snide when someone asks them to.
>>
>>54142461
>The only way you should bring back quests is if shit like anime universe quest X or comic book quest Y actually sit on the relevant boards, not on /tg/.

Sounds good to me. /qst/ is dead because the people who play them don't play all quests, they only play one or two specific quests because those are the only ones they're interested in, and the number of people browsing /qst/ is so small that many quests can't attract any users. It would make sense for the comic book quests to go on /co/ and the haremshit to go on /a/.

>>54142479
>Can you please explain this idea?
He probably means that by using the catalog he misses epic /tg/ thread derails.

>>54142515
>Yeah that's real enlightened of you except the fuckers intentionally don't label them so they can be snide when someone asks them to.
Besides the one questfag that you have a screencap of bragging about filter dodging, can you point to anyone else that intentionally mislabeled their thread to avoid filters?
>>
>>54142514
>>54142514
>>54142514
>>54142514
>>54142514
>>
>>54141619
>Now that Hiro has said he'll "think about" allowing quests back on /tg/
Fuck no, I hope not. Keep the quests off /tg/. I don't care what you do with generals but keep quests to their own board.
>>
>>54142479
>Can you please explain this idea?
There are a limited amount of threads on the board at any given time? I get what you're saying with the falling off bit, but more recurring threads mean that's going to come quicker, and the amount of people needed to keep a thread on a reasonable page isn't all that high if they have an immediate purpose like those participating in a quest. If only a handful of people are interested in a shitty quest that's enough, exempting them from that quality control mechanism.

It can take some time for a thread to get going, for the right people to notice it and generate discussion and interest. Adding additional repeating filler content means that people with more niche topics itching their brains will either have to resort to shameless bumping in the hopes the right people notice them (which could in and of itself hurt the thread), or pray they don't get pruned before their temporary buddies get off work on the other side of the world.

Oh and the absolutely toxic attitude from both sides of the quest divide on the subject is going to crank up the shitposting something fierce.
>>
>>54142540
Remember when questfags said "If you take quests off /tg/, then /tg/ will die!"?

Well get fucked, questshits.
>>
>>54142479
>if a thread falls off the board that means it lacked enough interest to keep discussion going
Maybe merge every 4chan board into one mega board, then? That way only the most popular content gets discussed, while more niche intrests quickly fade into obscurity.
A thread falling to page 10 or 11 doesn't mean it lacks interest. Many threads that are currently up have been very low on the catalog at some point, but they've come back which wouldn't have happened if there were numerous quest threads to take up space. Quests aren't /tg/ and there is no point in bringing them back. What's the problem of them being on their own containment board, anyway?
>>
>>54142270
>front page
But why not browse from the catalog?
>>
Fuck quests, stay in your containment board.
>>
File: autistic questing.jpg (87KB, 748x710px) Image search: [Google]
autistic questing.jpg
87KB, 748x710px
Nice try questshit, nobody wants you here, nobody ever wanted you here, stay the fuck out forever.
>>
>>54142633
Because seeing only the first post of a thread tells you nothing about the quality of the discussion within?
>>
>>54142633
it's almost like that turns threads into insular little hugboxes rather than organic open forums
>>
Just like we said at the beginning. There aren't enough quests and they never move with enough speed to warrant their own board. Generals, threads, and collaborative games on a board about collaborative games is where things should have stayed. The split was stupid. There was no noticeable difference in thread quality or number and most quests are now dead outside of maybe six.
>>
>>54142607
I get your point, though I suppose I never really considered it an issue because even during the height of shitty quests on /tg/ I never saw a thread I liked get pushed off board until after it degenerated into a few anons bumping it in a desperate attempt to keep discussion going
/tg/ never really seemed to move fast enough for that to be a concern for me though

>>54142620
Hyperbole aside, I said nothing about quests, I actually don't like them on /tg/, don't like them period for that matter, (very) early on quests had enough effort put into them to be worthwhile but now they're mostly drivel, I'm mostly just asking about that because I've seen that mindset used to justify people complaining about actually /tg/ related threads, particularly if they're about something the complainer thinks should be part of a general or doesn't belong on /tg/

>>54142707
I'm gonna need an explanation for this thought process too
>>
File: 1486648605138.png (71KB, 506x329px) Image search: [Google]
1486648605138.png
71KB, 506x329px
>>54142672
>Mods ever giving up power
>Self-moderation leading to anything else than /pol/ or some other outside influence systematically taking over
It's a good plan in theory, but in practice it and /tg/ along with it would fall apart and never recover.
>>
>>54142672
How new are you?
>>
Keep quests contained. If they can't survive on their own that's not our fucking problem. I can't think of anything worse than spreading that cancer all over the site.
>>
>>54142761
>>54142782
>responding to it
Don't do that.
>>
>>54142761
/tg/ was fairly good at self moderation in the past, mind you we seems to have enough of a population of shitposters here now that I'm not sure it'll work again
>>
>>54142749
>I'm gonna need an explanation for this thought process too

Different anon, I'm the guy you responded to up top. I literally own godlike because of several posts I saw from the ore general. Ran 2 one offs in it, planning a 3rd, and looking into the mech rules for wild talents I believe.

I would have never opened that thread for a system I had no reason to be interested in if not for some of its posts catching my eye.
>>
>>54142749
>Hyperbole aside, I said nothing about quests, I actually don't like them on /tg/, don't like them period for that matter, (very) early on quests had enough effort put into them to be worthwhile but now they're mostly drivel, I'm mostly just asking about that because I've seen that mindset used to justify people complaining about actually /tg/ related threads, particularly if they're about something the complainer thinks should be part of a general or doesn't belong on /tg/
Fair enough, I agree with you about the mindset of complaining about actual /tg/ content. Quests are a completely different matter from threads outside generals where they might belong, but many treat these issues like they're somehow intimately related.
>>
>>54142514
>>54142514
>>54142514
>>54142514

Quests should stay off /tg/ forever!

Attempts to meme them back in will fail.
>>
>>54141619
Source or fuck off
>>
>>54142849

I'm pretty sure 'Generals=Quests' as a concept was perpetuated by questfags trying to justify getting their cancer back onto this board.
>>
>>54142845
>Besides that, us going full /pol/ without having mods to tattle on would hopefully toughen up the community and make us the equivalent to /b/ veterans. Half the problem is the board being too sensitive and autistic, looking to authority to solve problems instead of dealing with it themselves.
That would be true if /pol/ was the only player in the /tg/ invasion game. The problem is, that wherever /pol/ goes, anti-/pol/ follows. /tg/ would just descend into a battlefield of /pol/ vs anti-/pol/ just like every other community they invade.
>>
>>54142785
The only cancer was from /a/ getting their panties in a twist such that the mod team decided that stuffing all the quests onto one board was a good idea. Put quests back on the boards their content aligns with. /tg/ stuff to /tg/, /a/ stuff to /a/, etc.
>>
>>54142899
That makes a fuckload of sense, actually. Why are questfags so hellbent on bringing their shit back to /tg/?
>>54142514
:DDDDDDD
>>
>>54142942

Keep them contained. They don't deserve to parasite off better boards, let them live or die on their own merits.

If questfags spent half as much effort trying to build their community instead of acting like a bunch of petulant fucknuts, I bet /qst/ would be doing fine.
>>
>when did you realize D&D was garbage?
>[generic anime character] gets dropped into the 40K universe, what happens?
>what are Yuan-Ti like in your setting?
>what is [generic anime character]'s alignment?
>childhood is [thing you like], adulthood is [thing I like]
I weep for /tg/'s state. I mean, I hide these threads and move on with my life, but these people are not confined to their shitty threads. They are everywhere.
>>
>>54141619
No. Keep all of that shit off the board.
>>
>>54142979
How the fuck are you supposed to build a community when you can't link it anywhere else on site, there's no banner linking to the board, and idiots like you think that autistically shilling will magically bring in new blood to quests that are already established?
>>
>>54143021

Not our problem if you've made such a toxic impression on the rest of the board nobody will tolerate yours hit. Maybe not being so obnoxious for a while might make it easier to convince people you're not all whiny little shitstains crying about being given their own fucking board.

God, you questfags are so fucking entitled.
>>
File: 475.png (239KB, 569x651px) Image search: [Google]
475.png
239KB, 569x651px
>>54142999
>Quests are like Filename threads. They're not always good, and are more often lacking in quality, but they depend on having a board to help support them. /qst/ is like someone trying to create a /fnm/ board for all filename threads.
So what you're saying is that quests cannot survive on their own, need a host and are more often than not detrimental in nature? Lmao, they really are parasites.
>>
>>54142607
>Oh and the absolutely toxic attitude from both sides of the quest divide on the subject is going to crank up the shitposting something fierce.

Oh hey it already started. Show of hands, who wants this in every thread?
>>
File: 1404096836009.png (12KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1404096836009.png
12KB, 500x500px
>>54143043
>YOU NEED TO BUILD YOUR COMMUNITY
>Okay, here's why we can't
>GOD YOU'RE ENTITLED
Anti-questfag logic at its finest
>>
>>54142979
>If questfags spent half as much effort trying to build their community instead of acting like a bunch of petulant fucknuts, I bet /qst/ would be doing fine.
/qst/'s board rules actively prevent community building. All threads have to be a quest. It's the board equivalent of a gaming store's playing area, a big room full of tables and chairs where 99% of the people that show up are there to interact with their gaming group and ignore everyone else in the room.
>>
File: 1459743254332.png (18KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459743254332.png
18KB, 500x500px
Instead of having a dozen threads about Dungeons and Dragons or Warhammer, they all need to be kept in their respective General Threads. /tg/ would benefit from a /vg/ style of organization due to the sheer number of games that are /tg/ related. All things pertaining to Warhammer go into a generic Warhammer thread, whether its army building, lore discussions, or waifu posting. All things Dungeons and Dragons go into a general D&D thread regardless of edition, lore, character building, etc. Have an Armor and Weapons General Thread for autists. So on and so forth. /tg/ as a board is too niche an interest to have all the posters spread out so thinly across fifty different threads; threads which could easily be culled down to ten or fifteen.
>>
>>54143116

Yes, you're fucking entitled, because you're acting like that's our fucking problem. Go beg Moo2 for a /qst/ metathread and figure this shit out for yourselves. You are no longer welcome here.
>>
>>54143163
>regardless of edition

oh sweet anon you know nothing
>>
>>54143021
Nobody is stopping you from linking your threads.
>>
>>54141619
>Now that Hiro has said he'll "think about" allowing quests back on /tg/,
Nooooooo

He banned Virt days after he took over this Mongolian Charcoal Cave Painting Forum, I don't want him to fuck up this bad after such a great start.
>>
>>54142514
Oh yes
>>
>>54143141
well that sounds like something they should sort out now doesn't it?
>>
>>54143180
People will either learn to stop being autistic yeah right or they will at least have their autism contained to a single thread.
>>
>>54143209
I was around for the stickies when /qst/ rolled out, frankly I'm surprised the mods got talked out of only allowing the thread OP to post images. IIRC there was something like 4 mod posts total throughout the week or so that the feedback sticky was up.
>>
>>54143021
And that gives you the right to improve your community at the expense of the other boards?
>>
>>54143223
I don't see how this is any board other than /qst/'s problem though.
>>
>>54141619

Pls no nipmoot
>>
>>54142615
Turns out most of us didn't give a fuck about quests and would rather talk about actual gaming. Go figure.
>>
>>54143229
No. The least of three evils is not choosing between /pol/shit and quest shit to begin with. In fact, it's not an evil at all. And whether /pol/shit is really worse than quests is up for debate (but it shouldn't be debated, meta thread or not).
>>
>>54143294
It's objectively not though. Quests almost exclusively stay to their own threads. /pol/ and /leftypol/ goes to every thread it can reach.
>>
>>54142514
>>54142514
>>54142514
>>54142514
>>54142514
I hope these count
>>
>>54143294
I want to talk about fantasy guns not niggers. /pol/ shit can go fuck itself.
>>
>>54142845
>Besides that, us going full /pol/ without having mods to tattle on would hopefully toughen up the community and make us the equivalent to /b/ veterans. Half the problem is the board being too sensitive and autistic, looking to authority to solve problems instead of dealing with it themselves.

Haha, fuck off, Nazi.
>>
>>54143229
/pol/ is a containment board, if it was treated as such /tg/ would be much better and free of both cancer.
It's just that mods won't act with zero tolerance to /pol/ shit like they do with say, horsefuckers, shameless advertising or idiots showing they're underage.
>>
>>54143303
Quests on /tg/ had multiple threads up 24/7. The existence of those threads was at the expense of actual /tg/ related threads, as explained by >>54142607.
/pol/shit these days turns up in a minority of threads, and most of the time it doesn't even lead to derailment. Quests were and are objectively worse.
>>
>>54143329
Pretty much. You figure stupid shit like "HURR WHY IS THERE A DINDU IN THE NEW MAGIC THE GATHERING SET" and "THIS POST ON TUMBLR THAT ONLY 7 PEOPLE SAW SAID FEMALE SPACE MARINES ARE A GOOD IDEA" should be purged on sight but instead it festers and reactionaries flail about in them forever.
>>
>>54143322
Nobody here is advocating /pol/shit on /tg/.
>>
>>54142672
Fuck off newfag
>>
>>54143377
And something should be fucking done about it.
>>
>>54143352
The only threads killed by quest threads are dead threads. keeping a thread alive on 4chan is piss easy. post in it.
>>
>>54143408
What? Like getting people here to support having /pol/ related threads on /tg/?
>>
>>54142438
>Besides if the quest board can't stand on its own that says a fucking lot about the quality of the content
It says nothing about auality, only quantity. /b/ will forever be able to stand on its own and have mass quantity, but that doesn't speak of its quality either.

/qst/ gets more content and activity than the /sci/ board, and that board isn't going to go away anytime soon.
>>
>>54142999
Filename threads are shit too though
>>
>>54143279
>Turns out most of us didn't give a fuck about quests
If you didn't care, then whats the problem about them being on the board.

In fact it seems you care a great deal to not have them on the board.
>>
>>54143451
If there was quality, but lack of quantity then it would still stand on its own, the community would just be smaller. If they're happy the board would be a success regardless of output. The fact that they aren't is telling.
>>
>>54143433
Why let "dead threads" die, when we can keep them and get rid of quests at the same time? Slow /tg/ related threads are much more welcome here than quests.
>>
>>54143500
Mostly because when the /qst/ board dies, as it is currently in a downward spiral, they will migrate back to here anyway. The posters of /tg/ need to understand that keeping your pet thread alive is as easy as posting in it.
>>
>>54143549
>they will migrate back to here anyway
Why do you think they would be allowed back in? If /qst/ really were to go down, /tg/ could just keep quests banned. We have no obligation to host those parasites.
>>
>>54143474
>If there was quality, but lack of quantity then it would still stand on its own
Which it does
>the community would just be smaller
Which it is
>If they're happy the board would be a success regardless of output
As they are
>The fact that they aren't is telling.
Who says they aren't happy? If anything the transition has finally been set and the /qst/ board is seen as a good thing by its inhabitants
>>
>>54142785
>>54143079
>>54143043
Well for a start
> using the word 'shitstain' unironically

Apart from that
> have a board dedicated to discussing and making material for thing X
> create a board dedicated to trying to actually do thing X
> first and second board should in no way be connected whatsoever, even so much as mentioning second board in first board is unacceptable

Wat? That's like having a /gd/ board dedicated to making games, a /v/ dedicated to playing them, but nobody on /gd/ is allowed to mention that /v/ exists...it sounds self-defeating.
>>
File: demon invasion in progress.jpg (78KB, 1024x520px) Image search: [Google]
demon invasion in progress.jpg
78KB, 1024x520px
At least 70% of my issue with quests is that they were so rarely /tg/, they were far more often /v/ or /co/ or especially /a/. And I think that's what drove a lot of the quest hate from the rest of the board, the frustration that the board is being dominated by what is almost an inter-board raid. It's ridiculous. I don't want that drivel on the board and nobody except questfags does. How about there's a guarantee quests will be /tg/ related and we'll talk.
>>
>>54143631
>Who says they aren't happy?
The constant whining about not being here anymore like an ex that just can't let go?
>>
>>54143606
>>54143549
There isn't any reason for the /qst/ board to die. It's more active than some of the oldest boards on 4chan and has its own content clearly not wanted on /tg/.

/mlp/ would integrate back to /co/ before /qst/ does.
>>
>>54143650
>At least 70% of my issue with quests is that they were so rarely /tg/, they were far more often /v/ or /co/ or especially /a/.
Which is why most people suggesting the removal of /qst/ also remove the retarded mod decision of 'all quests go to /tg/' that was made because the /a/utists pitched a fit over their harem quests.
>>
>>54143640

Quests are not traditional games.
>>
>>54143658
>The constant whining about not being here anymore
Hasn't stopped them still doing their thing, and also i don't see that anywhere but these meta threads here. And if anything these meta threads are almost 90% pro split, and there's definitely little talk of rejoining on the actual board itself. Or here for that matter.

Nobody wants to remerge, and the current status quo is appealing to all, its a non-issue
>>
>>54143640
You are more than allowed to find games in threads on /tg/. You just aren't supposed to play them here.
>>
>>54143678
Neither is towergirls but we have those threads too. But hey, everythings relative.

Quests only belonged here before because old moot said so explicitly. New moot says otherwise, so now he's in charge.
>>
>>54143606
Because this is the board they started it. Frankly it's where they should have stayed. Making a quest board was stupid and irrelevant, because it only really functions as a subsidiary to something else. In addition, the name of it should have been changed to forum game board or something because for some stupid reason all of the forum games that have been played here also got moved there where they don't fit at all.
>>
>>54143681
>And if anything these meta threads are almost 90% pro split
One fag samefagging does not equal 90%. The IP count has not increased for quite awhile.
>>
>>54143700
>Making a quest board was stupid and irrelevant
I disagree.

750 posts until auto-sage, with slower board speeds allowing for quests to stay up much longer for days or weeks which is great. /tg/ would be too fast paced and there would be more competition. the ID system is good too.

returning would be terrible.
>>
>>54143719
Pretty much ask anyone on /qst/ if they want to return to /tg/ now, apart from some sticklers most everyone there would rather stay. The benefits in the other board are fantastic.
>>
>>54143640
Why should we talk about /qst/ on /tg/? In your example /gd/ and /v/ could clearly benefit from eachother, but /tg/ has nothing to gain from associating with /qst/. Quests are parasites and can only apparently thrive on the expense of other boards.
>>
>>54143762

Then who the fuck are the cunts who keep making these threads on /tg/?
>>
>>54143700
Quest threads are not /tg/ related. Just because they were born here doesn't mean they're welcome here.
>>
>>54143769
>but /tg/ has nothing to gain from associating with /qst/
It's cute that you think this. I bet you think storytime threads are shit.
>>
>>54143774
Spoiler: Anti-quest fags wanting to stir up shit and make it look like there's drama where there isn't any. Again, it's pretty fucking obvious there's a ton of samefagging and falseflagging in this thread, as with every other shitty "HURR HIRO SAID META ALLOWED" thread.
>>
>>54143774
A couple of autists who genuinely believe that /tg/ should be the only board they have to browse to get their favorite content.
>>
>>54143774
If it's only on /tg/, and not on /qst/ it stands to reason they are posted by people from /tg/
>>
The /qst/ board needs to be renamed, and I do think that some games being linked here would be fine. There isn't enough traffic on the board to keep some of the more involved and multiplayer quests alive. Sure, threads with long running waifu-shit themes live but the best quests are the multipalyer civs and there's not enough players on /qst/ for them.

>>54143791
Define /tg/ related for me. I'll wait.
>>
>>54143792
It's nice that you listed all those benefits that /tg/ gets from /qst/. Really convinced me there.
>>
>>54141619
Hiroshimoot don't you dare bring back quests to /tg/
>>
>>54143848

'Traditional games'.

RPGs. Board games. Wargames.

Forum games do not fit into that list.
>>
>>54143848
>There isn't enough traffic on the board to keep some of the more involved and multiplayer quests alive
That's not my experience.

People pretend that quests were more inhabited on /tg/. Perhaps in some cases they were, but otherwise it feels just the same. Sure, some quests are lowly populated, some die, but that was true on /tg/ too.

But most of all, returning to /tg/ would be terrible. /qst/ being slow is a -good- thing because they last longer and the content of them is better suited for longer threads, going back here would feel like the early days of /qst/ where it was hard to keep quests alive because of such fast activity.
>>
>>54143816
But anon! You don't even need other boards.
>>
>>54143851
>Really convinced me there.
>Implying that anything would convince you.

You're a cog in the Internet Hate Machine, I have better things to do then pretend you will ever stop hating.
>>
>>54143848
/tg/ - Traditional Games

1. Board games, paper games, war games, card games, etc. go here!

How you got quests from that is beyond me. And before you play the "what about threads about X? They aren't /tg/ related."-card, the existence of non-/tg/ related threads on /tg/ doesn't make quest any less unwelcome here. Anything that isn't /tg/ related shouldn't be on /tg/, whether it's quests or "elf slave. wat do"-threads.
>>
>>54143896
Well, Towergirls doesn't fit any of those either but its perfectly /tg/ content.

In fact it was born on /v/ but shifted here.
>>
>>54143163

Assuming we put everything into it's own generals, what do you see filling up the board then? There are no longer half a dozen warhammer and Dnd threads, what takes their place? I'm genuinly curious. I see this line of reasoning, generally from people who don't really care for either of those games, but when I look at the board and I filter all of the threads for them most of what is left is just shit posting.
>>
>>54143923
>etc.
>>
>>54143931

I'd get rid of it as well
>>
>>54143953
But it's not being gotten rid of, and no mod would get rid of it either. Since moderation is rule enforcement, it must be within the rules.
>>
>>54141619
this is all fine and dandy, but source on OP's pic?
>>
>>54143923
Define quest.
>>
>>54141840
No. I'll campaign to have quests removed from /tg/ again, like I did the first time.

Dozens and dozens of autistic emails and screenshots, every day, like I did the first time.

You don't want to open this can of worms, boy.
>>
>>54144010
>I-I-I'll do it! I s-swear! I-I'm an internet badass!
kys
>>
>>54143942
etc. doesn't mean anything goes. It's left to the community to decide what is and what is not included into the etc. The majority of /tg/ doesn't think that quests belong here.
>>
>>54144029
I did it the first time, why wouldn't I do it the second time? I also managed to do it without stammering implications and shitty millennial acronyms like a mouthbreathing retard.
>>
>>54144034
nor does /qst/.

however that also proves the point that the board content isn't decided on principle of strictist definition, but by its users.

Towergirls CYOA threads, which have been and will go on for months, don't fit the strictist/literal definitions of the board content but do fit the bill of more people wanting them here than not. So its here on that merit.

Quests would be too, but clearly, that is not appealing to anyone.
>>
>>54143678
Yeah, checking out the board, I find myself agreeing with you. /qst/ is cancer. It's just anime erp with some advanced shitposting thrown into the mix.

I was expecting something along the lines of 5 threads dedicated to different D&D campaigns, two or three rogue trader campaigns, two Shadowrun threads, maybe a Traveller thread, but this is cancer. What a complete disappointment.
>>
>>54143995
If you're going to look for some loopholes from the definitions provided by some random /tg/ anon to post quests or questlike threads on /tg/, it's not going to work. You'll just get banned for being an autist.
>>
>>54144062
The sad thing is that you honestly believe the shit you're spewing. What a fucking waste of carbon.
>>
>>54144082
Of course not. All quests got moved from their respective places where people who have a shared interest to a containment board. Quest threads should have stayed on their own fucking boards. The only quests that ever should have been on /tg/ are ones directly related to a /tg/ IP, or OC. /a/ quests needed to stay in /a/. /co/ in /co/ etc. Instead Moot shoved all of them here and now numoot has shoved all of them somewhere else and it's just a fucking mess.

>>54144097
The reason I ask is because there's actually an entire subsection of games that aren't quests but that also getting pruned or banned on every other board. There's no place to play risk for example even though the most logical places are here or /b/ but /b/ moves too fast and /tg/ has a bizarre hatred for board games played on /tg/ itself after the /qst/ board was created.
>>
>>54141619
So you've blown up /qa/ that hard that he'll let you go back to shitting around /tg/ huh? Good for you. Guess we'll just go back and forth forever then.

>>54142577
Fucking this. I see I need to visit /qa/ more.
>>
>>54144076
>but do fit the bill of more people wanting them here than not.
Not necessarily. Most people don't care since those threads don't clog up the whole catalog like quests did.
>>
>>54144165
>There's no place to play risk for example
You can play risk on /qst/ or /b/.

There are risks threads there right now.
>>
>>54144165
Risk threads were allowed on /int/ at one point. Have things changed there?
>>
>>54144181
>Most people don't care
You just repeated what I said. More people want them here, than not. For whatever reason. That's the point. Even if they don't fit the definition of the board.
>>
>>54144201
Yeah after you sift through the animu RP-lite quests. /qst/ is a cesspool and every time I look at it it makes me elated that quests are no longer allowed on /tg/.
>>
>>54144224
You didn't mind playing /risk/ on /b/ which is also an expected shit pool. So what's the problem.
>>
>>54144106
If you're so concerned with not wasting carbon, feel free to eat my shit questcunt.
>>
I remember when quests were around. There were even one or two I poked my nose into. Having just gone to the quest board I gotta say it feels different. Everything looks like shit. There are so many, and they all look like shit. I actually hope they don't get brought back, because there isn't enough room for all of them here. They are too many, and many aren't worth it. I have nothing against good quests, it can be fun, but looking at the current state of their board I don't think we or they could survive a reintegration. Shit would hit the fan.
>>
>>54144281
I don't think anyone wants ALL the quests to return to /tg/, just the ones that are actually halfway /tg/ in nature. Like it was in the days before Moot decided that /tg/ was home for all quests.
>>

Oh fuck no
>>
>>54144334
Yeah, nobody wants that. /tg/, /qst/. Everyone.
>>
>>54144309

I count roughly 40 quest threads there that could be considered tg related.
>>
>>54144309
That was. . .literally over a decade ago anon. You can't expect anything to be like that.

It would be like asking for /mlp/ threads on /co/ to be the way they were before the show was invented.
>>
>>54144346
Nah there are still those that are determined to get quests back here. You remember how zealous both sides were during the transition. Some of the questers never stopped fighting.
>>
>>54144221
Maybe I phrased that wrong. I implied that if the issue was pressed, the consensus could be that most people wouldn't want them here. Most people don't care about the issue enough for that to ever happen. Even if the majority did want them out, they don't take action since it's really a minor issue. It was really nitpicking and I agree with the rest of your post.
>>
>>54144358
how many of them have been posted in within the last 24 hours?
>>
>>54144371
At this point they aren't even questers anymore. They're niether /tg/ nor /qst/.

If anything they're the real parasites by staying on here and complaining when the actual questers are fine with /qst/
>>
>>54142514
>>54142514
>>54142514
>>54142514
>>54142514
Godspeed, Anon.
>>
>>54144421
Samefagging over and over is so cool anon. You should keep doing it.
>>
>>54144380
>Even if the majority did want them out, they don't take action since it's really a minor issue.
Which is the same as saying the majority is okay with them being here. Otherwise they wouldn't be. You either want one thing or the other really.

"I don't like them, but I don't care that much, they're ok to be here." has the same effect s "they're ok to be here."
>>
>>54144362
>people are still buttbothered over horses
and people call liberals babies for wanting safe spaces.
Also I'm vaguely curious as to what pre-nushow /mlp/ discussion even looked like, assuming there was in fact threads about it before nushow happened.
>>
>>54144452
To be fair, a (you) is a (you), even if it's from you to you.
>>
File: 1280x720-EZr.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-EZr.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>54144466
They looked like this, and were pretty much the same as any thread dedicated to old shows that people enjoyed in earlier years like Inspector Gadget or Transformers or what have you.
>>
>>54144463
The majority disliking them and prefering them to leave, but not caring enough to do anything about it is not the same as saying the majority is OK with them being here. The end result is the same, though.
>>
>>54144542
They aren't literally the same, but practically and defacto they are. Not saying no, ends up the same as saying yes.
>>
I read this as metalthread, I set myself up for a fall and have nobody to blame but myself.
>>
>>54144511
>They looked like this
It looked like someone forgot to wear their glasses? trippy.

Also it reminds me that I really ought to go see eye people because I'm pretty sure I am in fact nearsighted, but I keep being a lazy shit about it because it isn't actively hampering my life.
>>
>>54144201
You can until the mod gets bored and cleanses them and bans the Op. Again. They've been doing it for months.
>>
>>54144577
Yes, the result is the same. As I said, nitpicking.
>>
>>54144542
Hey, I report them, but the mild agitation isn't worth further action. Measured response is the name of the game.
>>
>>54144581
No problem. Check this out instead >>>/u/2345240
>>
File: 1469566830526.jpg (84KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
1469566830526.jpg
84KB, 800x557px
>>54144643
I don't know what that it, but I looked and condemn you for it.
>>
>>54144752
>I don't know what that it
It's weapons grade autism.
>>
File: 1471999021105.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1471999021105.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
>>54144785
>>
File: elf_waifu.jpg (126KB, 850x1194px) Image search: [Google]
elf_waifu.jpg
126KB, 850x1194px
>>54141619
I'm indifferent to quests, but /erpg/ should come back.
>>
>>54144992
I'm willing to let quests back but erpfags should fuck off
>>
>>54144992

But the people who post that sort of shit are still around. I see pervs all the time.
>>
>>54144992
>>54145241
/erpg/ can stay go
/wst/ should come back though
>>
>>54145315
Exactly. General was keeping it contained. Now it's all over the place.

>>54145320
>such double standards
Are you literally a mod?
>>
>>54145349
>Now it's all over the place.
Lol, you don't know what are you talking about.
Erpfags were all over the place back in 2014 and derailed random thread all the time despite having containment general thread. Whatever little leak you've seen recently is nothing in comparison to full-blown erp buggery we used to have. Fuck ND, Blackheart and the rest of them.
>>
>>54145416
I'd gladly take ND over Wayne and most of the shitposters itt
>>
>>54145416
Blackheart was Hungarian, the lust for kolbász is in his nature.
>>
>>54145445
What kind of dad-joke gone wrong even is Wayne?
>>
>>54142514
I do not want quest threads back. If this means people have to die, so be it.
>>
I don't care about quests being on any board in particular, but anyone who thinks /qst/ is a thriving, growing board and that the people there are satisfied with the board is delusional.
>>
>>54145645
Anyone who thinks /tg/ is a thriving, growing board and that the people there are satisfied with the board is delusional.

That's what you sound like. Because you're wrong.
>>
>>54145645
The BOARD is fine. It's the lack of traffic that is the issue. Quests have always been niche, and they're even worse now that they don't have any incidental traffic to sustain them. Most people don't even know what a quest is. The name for the board was fucking stupid.
>>
>>54145665
I mean, both the statements are correct in some way or another. /tg/ just regurgitates the same material over and over while waiting for new editions. /qst/ and its twenty frequenters create the same twenty quests over and over that last for five threads only until some experienced qm comes along to keep the board alive via one thread.

Anyway, /qst/ is a ghetto, where quests were sent off to die. Hooray, I can color text and draw pictures and threads won't die for several days. What wonderful tools that make absolutely no difference.
>>
I wish CYOA/jumpchain threads were moved to /qst/ too. Any kind of play-by-post game should end up there.
>>
>>54145680
I mean, it's a functional board, yeah, but what you said is true. The only way for anything to survive is if quests are dropped into the boards they belong to. Hiro probably won't do that because he's retarded and will probably either dump them all here again or kill /qst/
>>
>>54145680
>It's the lack of traffic that is the issue
Lack of traffic has always been an "issue" for the majority of quests since they began.

Popular threads are always popular, non popular threads are not. The qst board sustains itself well enough, especially in the face of others like /sci/ or the oragami board.

>>54145689
> threads won't die for several days
This is by far one of the most useful (if not THE most useful) element of the board.

Not having to bump and compete with other fast paced threads and enjoying the luxury of threads which can last many days is perfect for questing among dedicated players and QM. In addition to the 750 bump limit which is higher than /tg/'s 300. The ID system helps stave off samefagging.

I would never want to return to /tg/ if we had to go back to its posting constraints.
>>
>>54145680

Call it imageboard-based roleplaying or something. I do think that quests should be segregated from the rest of /tg/, but giving it a name that describes what it is to the uninitiated could certainly help increase traffic.

>>54145696

Also agree with this. If you're going to make a board dedicated to roleplaying on 4chan, allow the other board-based games to play too. /tg/ is plenty fast (I mean, comparatively), it could afford to lose the CYOA threads.
>>
>>54145709
There are other dedder boards that will have to go before /qst/ goes.

The fact that there will be a desire for threads to be somewhere else if the board dies is sign of its usage.
>>
>>54145680
yes 10% of our catalog at all times is niche. Funny how all of those people didn't feel like migrating.
>>
>>54145740
You want quest to be more active? Just allow all forms of RP. You want qst to be really active? Allow non worksafe stuff. That board will be so fucking fast it'll make all your heads spin, and there'll be people going in and out all the time. But of course then your quests will be ignored in favor of free form RP and especially ERP and thinly veiled porn dumps. You know, /d/ has been looking for a place to post porn with captions!!
>>
>>54145738
The extended thread life doesn't encourage using more of the thread - if anything, it encourages less, in my experience. QM's just stay active for a few hours and then leave for several days to repeat the process later. The lifetime of threads on /tg/ encouraged QMs to use the most of their allotted time, which resulted in full threads being used and not something like two or three updates per session. IMO, it's good in theory but not in practice, just like most of the shit on the board, and the board overall. I don't really care about the ID system, I've not seen a huge difference between when it existed and when it didn't.

In my opinion, the possibility of through traffic for the quest in order for it to have the possibility to survive is worth not having its own board with its (At least current) conveniences.
>>
>>54145765
>Allow non worksafe stuff.
I'm on the fence with that.

You know what was a great compromise? The "Text Adventure Threads" where smut was okay as long as it was posted in picture format rather than in thread, and via non-explicit text. I would like more freedoms for users, but

>That board will be so fucking fast it'll make all your heads spin
This isn't exactly desirable either. The slowness is nice actually. Not saying it should be dead slow, but having it at /tg/ speeds or especially /k / speeds is counter productive.

More people playing quests is great, too many more quests and having to quickly bump and make more isn't.

If forced to choose, I choose for choice and allowing adult stuff on /qst/. But /d/ caption threads are mostly porn, not playing though. Thats a completely separate matter.
>>
>>54145783
>The lifetime of threads on /tg/ encouraged QMs to use the most of their allotted time, which resulted in full threads being used and not something like two or three updates per session
That's a difference in QM style I guess, we had that on /tg/ too.

Some QM's like "i'm here for a few hours, lets pump out turns!" others are okay with only a few or even one update a day but it worked for them. Its worked for one QM who is still running the same questverse since 2012.

Still, I do think its less productive to those "I'm here for a bit, let's play now" QM'ers.
>>
>>54145750
I agree with you about the ded boards. Hiro's very good at making those.

I think it's more of a nature of the content than a desire that quests would be elsewhere if the board dies. I know that's been stated repeatedly, and by now most of the main content creators for quests have migrated sites or just remained here on /tg/, but I think quests need to be part of a larger community for them to survive. It's just the nature of how the thing works - no people with interests aligned with quest see it and the quest's gonna die. This isn't taking count of the many shitty quests that pervade /qst/ and pervaded /tg/ but as much as I want those content creators to die off they won't, they'll just follow the medium around.
>>
>>54145750
The difference between other boards and /qst/ is that other boards can function with a skeleton populace. Quests only function with multiple people because in order to do anything you need players. It isn't quite the same as jumping in to post a link to the newest discovery or what sikh new origami thing you made. Neither of those require input from anyone else to really function. If no one posts in a quest it dies. If not enough people post it dies.

For people who don't care about quests none of this will make a difference to them. To people on the fence though, they need to understand that even incidental traffic keeps a game moving along. A QM has to be involved in their quest for it to survive, and that really won't happen if no one is posting.
>>
>>54145835
There's other sites and forums for "Traditional Games" too, but this is 4chan. We have /tg/ and /qst/ for us. Quests are surviving on /qst/ so far. If you don't like most of them, well, I doubt you liked most of them when they were on /tg/ either. Most people only like a few quests anyway.
>>
>>54145856
I've seen succesful long quests going on with 3-4 players. And that seems to be the average.

Sure its not the hot paced, action packed 30-40 player quests during /tg/'s heyday, but they work. Would I love to see something like that again? A bit, but honestly that kind of thing died anyway even without /qst/. Those were the days of 2012, not 2017. Not even 2015 desu.
>>
>>54145867
I generally only read quests that had quality writing, grammar, etc, since it's a pain for me to read several paragraphs of typos and terrible grammar, let alone multiple posts of the stuff. Usually the QMs with good grammar and spelling cared more about their quest (And probably wrote more) so their story material was better as well. I did pass up on a lot of quests, but I almost always read at least a little of any of the ones that survived past 20 or so threads unless I had absolutely no idea what the setting or story was about, which was about 80% of the anime ones. I've tried browsing quests on /qst/ a few times but it's just kind of boring. On /tg/ if you couldn't find a thread you liked you could browse quests, or vice versa. Maybe that's what kills people's interest.

And yeah, they're surviving, but barely. Mostly because a bunch of bogus QMs start quests and run for three threads and then quit and try again with generic anime setting #85 the next week, but that'd happen anywhere.

>>54145893
Really only happened with really popular quests, like HMQ. I've only seen it happen a couple times on /qst/, but I don't know if it ever reached those kinds of numbers.
>>
>>54145972
I can agree on that. "No good quests on /tg/, I wonder what else can browse. Not very interested in the latest /tg/ threads, oh hey there's a quest". That was certainly an appeal of the older days.

But its always hard to ever turn back a clock.
>>
>>54141619
I hope they come back. Most of them where shit, but once in a while there were good quest threads.

/Tg/ had gotten shitier in recent years. I don't know how much of that was quest related.
>>
>>54146030
>I hope they come back. Most of them where shit!
Oh yeah great reasoning there.

But seriously very little of that is quest related, you know what they say back in the day it was never good and all of that. 4chan in general is in decline due largely of erosion of board culture in general.
>>
>>54146012
That's actually how I started browsing /tg/. I came for quests and the rest of the board's content got me hooked.
>>
>>54146030
I hope they don't come back until /tg/'s posting constraints adapt to be like /qst'/s
>>
>>54146092
And chances are when we joined, the generation then thought their time was shit and wanted to go back to 2003 or something.

>Fuck this nyan cat stuff, where's my hamster dance
>>
>>54146092
>Oh yeah great reasoning there.
Most threads on /tg/ are shit lately though. Does that mean /tg/ is a candidate for deletion as it's replaced with /dnd/ and /40k/?
>>
>>54146125
>Most threads on /tg/ are shit lately
I agree.
>We should dump more shit on top for good measure
How about we don't?
>>
File: 1489344860363.png (14KB, 203x209px) Image search: [Google]
1489344860363.png
14KB, 203x209px
>>54141619
Why in the fuck would he even consider that shitstorm their culture causes?

Is it money?
>>
>>54143239
Not sure if persistent trolling, or actually this selfishly autistic.
>>
>>54141619
This is a copy paste from the last thread I talked about Quests in. It's from a discussion about all the bad behavior surrounding questfags.

From memory:

Waifu quests
Badly done, poorly thought out generically named quests
Erotic quests (Good ones were double fucking unicorns and you know it)
Random Quests
___ Slave Wat do Quest (Funny the first time, not the other times)
/Pol/quests
Trapquests
/d/ Quests
Harem Quests
Cross-over Quests (Personly I think this is where it started)
META QUESTS (Should have been banned outright)

Then there was the bad behaviour on the part of questfags as well. Granted it was probably only a few, but it was throwing fuel on fires.

Stuff like:
Spamming links to their quests in unrelated threads
Namefags being absolutely insufferable because they did long running quests
Trying to get quests past filters
Making threads to advertise that they will be doing a quest later instead of just using the Quest general
And of course; META QUESTS

Obviously, this wasn't all questfags, plus non-questfags started shit too, but all that mixed with a sense that other boards quests had been forced on /tg/, the abundance of quests which got abandoned part way through on their first go but not deleted so everyone saw a poor quality thread slowly getting filtered out gave questfags their bad reputation

It was a vocal minority inside a vocal minority from both sides, but questfags didn't have good PR to start with so things didn't go their way
>>
>>54143279
>actual gaming
>Let me tell you this thing that totally didn't happen in my game and use it as evidence why this game sucks
>You like the same game as me, but you play it differently so you should kill yourself
>thinly-veiled fetish thread
>Legitimate question answered by hundreds of posts of /pol/shit
>I KNOW THE LORE OF THIS FICTIONAL PLACE BETTER THAN YOU REEEEEEE
Yeah, I totally don't wonder every day why the fuck I bother to come here.
>>
File: 1479244423027.png (4KB, 152x37px) Image search: [Google]
1479244423027.png
4KB, 152x37px
>>54142514
>>
File: c32[1].jpg (467KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
c32[1].jpg
467KB, 1440x810px
>>54146332
As someone who used to do quests (my first had a huge following, deluding me into thinking I was actually good at it. My third and fourth quests died down due to unpopularity, making me abandon running quests forever) I can tell you this: most quests are shit because the author is inexperienced. It's not done on purpose.

>muh /pol/ quests though
>muh /d/ quests muhfugga
>___ slave wat do bix nood
How about you hop on over to the rules, specifically the ones associated with /qst/?
>Erotic roleplay is not permitted. Frequent explicit descriptions of sexual encounters by a quest author may result in mod intervention.
See that rule? Enforcing it on /tg/ would outright blanket ban at least half of the shit you don't like, and the other half (badly done, random ones) are about authors improving their skill through practice.

And don't pretend that /d/ faggotry and X slave wat do threads disappeared with quests leaving. Once again, it's about mods enforcing it (though /wst/ kept it contained when it was still around).
>>
>>54141619
Yeah sure, return quests to /tg/ and make sure threads die earlier because americans are asleep and some losers are playing Tabletop RPG using posts. There is an entire boad for it, why return it to /tg/ and make browsing it harder? Sometimes you wanna have a discussion abuout the game, lore and shit like that. You don't want to see quest threads, they aren't about Traditional Game, it is not a fucking traditional game.

Who has a problem with Generals and CYOA, you want 20 Pathfinder, 40 DnD and 60 40K threads? Remember when the whole board was Warhammer, DnD, Rare Thread about something else (and then it dies cuz quests push it away). Go to plebbit if you hate generals, leave us.
>>
>>54141619
I don't think quests should come back. There are too many negatives in my opinion. I'd maybe accept quests going to their respective subjects boards since less of the burden would be on /tg/.

But seriously when a questfag really wants to, they get more attention seeking than /pol/ & furfags and we really shouldn't be subject to housing their kind again
>>
>>54146400
>playing Tabletop RPG using posts
And what is wrong with that, you nogame shitter?
>>
>>54146420
Most of roleplaying fun does not come from acting as a charachter, but from jokes people crack at the table. Eliminating that and making everyone be in charachter all the fucking time sucks the fun out of it. Go away questfag, no one wants your threads here.
>>
File: 1467735564070.jpg (7KB, 142x170px) Image search: [Google]
1467735564070.jpg
7KB, 142x170px
>>54141619
>Get own board for quests
>Have quest general for discussion & board culture
>Fuck the place harder than Mugabe fucked Zimbabwe
>Somehow this means we should take them back

If they can't even get their shit together in a place specifically for them then quests just aren't worth it. If they can't make /qst/ work then just ban quests outright so Hiro can save a little money and the mods more work
>>
>>54146377
>and the other half (badly done, random ones) are about authors improving their skill through practice.

Yeah that makes everything better. I swear officer I didn't mean to run over all of those children while going 85 in a school zone, I only have a permit I'm just practising.
>>
>>54146462
>but from jokes people crack at the table
Go away, memefag. You are not here for the games, you are just greentext stories and ebin memes consumer.
>>
>>54146474
Hiro does not have a money problem, he is selling our IP's to advertising companies, more you visit poll more of media pops up in adverts. More you visit /b/ more homosexual shit pops out.
>>
>>54146474
>If they can't even get their shit together
They "fucked the place" by it simply not having enough visitors to sustain itself. Doesn't that already prove the idea that they're a threat that will take over /tg/ wrong?

Also
>the obvious solution to /qst/ not working is to blanket ban things I personally do not like
What do you think this is, reddit? Do you want to shadowban people for their political opinions too?
>>
>>54146420
Because this isn't the place for that, and all around it is the least effective way to convey the medium?
>>
File: 61R01np[1].jpg (152KB, 421x471px) Image search: [Google]
61R01np[1].jpg
152KB, 421x471px
>>54146479
>Writing a bad quest that will probably die relatively quickly due to lack of participation is comparable to death by fault due to violation of the law
Are you always this stupid, or is today a special day?
>>
>>54146493
>Not here for games.
>Rarely memes.
>Goes on /tg/.
Anon. . . .
>>
>>54146508
It's the most public one, open for new players where all of the /tg/ can join and try something new.
>>
>>54146527
Go watch Critical Role or something
>>
>>54146528
There litteraly is a thread linking to quests.
If people want to try it they will do it, just leave them where they are. No board wants to become /s4s/, not even /s4s/. Shit, I think I'm mocking them.
>>
>>54146498
>>54141619

>it simply not having enough visitors to sustain itself

And this by itself does not prove that quests are NOT WANTED?

Jesus fuck, I didn't mind quests until you dumb fuckers swallowed half the board. Thats the problem. No one understands moderation. You dumb jagoffs just trying for more more more like a cult of slaanesh. It's not just quest threads, you're just the most blatant. /tg/ does it with storytime threads and other shit too. This galactic federation bullshit that has gone on for 80bajillion threads. Stonewall Crab. HH Triumvirate.

Any topic that goes on for more than three threads needs to be deep sixed to keep the water from growing stagnant but you people keep chasing that high like a drug addict, thinking this thread will be as good as the first. It's NEVER as good as the first.

>>54145504
I like Wayne more than ND because he doesn't show up and draw attention to himself all the time and post smut. Easier to ignore.
>>
>>54146498
>They "fucked the place" by it simply not having enough visitors to sustain itself.
Sounds like fuck all people want & will benefit from quests then

>the obvious solution to /qst/ not working is to blanket ban things I personally do not like
Fuckin' hell CNN you need to stop with this fake news shit you keep doing.

All I suggested was that if it's not cost effective to have (because the were banished from so many boards & then banished again) then it might be in Hiro's best interest to cut them loose
>>
>>54146537
Never heard of it.
Is it some sort of /qst/ cyclejeark?
>>
>>54141619
Fuck off quest fag

bring back /erpg/ and /wst/ so we have a place to keep all this porn contained
>>
>>54146462
People play roleplay online without voice interaction. On Skype or discord or roll20.
>>
File: 1493842342860.gif (150KB, 326x52px) Image search: [Google]
1493842342860.gif
150KB, 326x52px
>>54141619
Every board they've been on has said they don't want them. Now they have a board just for them. Leave it at that. If we already said we don't want them, why force them on us again? They're just going to be massive faggots again
>>
>>54146606
I know.
Not judging, just not my prefered type of play.
>>
File: page1 shitposting.jpg (359KB, 1272x614px) Image search: [Google]
page1 shitposting.jpg
359KB, 1272x614px
>>54146549
>There litteraly is a thread linking to quests.
Obviously browsing several boards at once for the content is more time consuming and tedious than just one. Given the number of shitty bait threads, quests on /tg/ will only improve average thread quality. Infamious "when you realized D&D is shit" had two full threads on the first page at the same time. This is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>54146637
>Given the number of shitty bait threads, quests on /tg/ will only improve average thread quality.
Right because we need links to quests being spammed in unrelated threads, a flood of quickly abandoned threads & too big for their britches Namefags acting like they own the place because their one quest gives them a sense of validity to act like insufferable faggots.
>>
>>54146668
>flood of quickly abandoned threads
It's already there
>too big for their britches Namefags acting like they own the place
Filter is a thing now
>>
>>54146637
Who cares about the quality of threads. It is not the threads it is the people. Everyone into quests is also into /tg/. Yes I get it it is hard for you guys to browse two boards. But ask yourself, how much quests can you actually be in? What is the number, 2, 3, 10? Do you really search for new quests even if you are in like 4 allready? Also, what are windows.
>>
>>54146377
I looked at /qst/ yesterday and there was a Naruto alternate future XXX quest. I glanced quickly and the OP post said the MC was 15.

Care to explain?
>>
>>54146695
>Filter is a thing now
Then filter the threads you dislike and problem solved.
>>
>>54141619
Oh boy I came wait to see anther shitstorm ree-fest!
>>
>>54146695
And the spamming?

The worst questfags are absolutely insufferable in their attention seeking. And they are VERY vocal about it
>>
>>54146708
I can't filter in advance every possible shitty bait thread in existence which are spammed constantly.

On other hand you can filter namefag who annoys you since they stick to their namesonas happily.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.jpg (308KB, 1365x737px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.jpg
308KB, 1365x737px
>>54146637
>Browsing two boards is hard.
Improvise, holtkey tabs, If I can do it with a laptop everyone can. You have no excuse for your incompetence.
>>
>>54146734
Questfags value their attention too much to lose, the stick to their attention winning threads.

Spammers? Let's make another click bait thread which 90% of the time dies with less than 9 posts and wastes board space every time.
>>
>>54146377
>Erotic roleplay is not permitted. Frequent explicit descriptions of sexual encounters by a quest author may result in mod intervention.
How would that stop the
>Waifu quests
>Badly done, poorly thought out generically named quests
>Random Quests
>/Pol/quests
>Trapquests
>Harem Quests
>Cross-over Quests
>Meta quests
that he also listed?

Or any of these:
>Spamming links to their quests in unrelated threads
>Namefags being absolutely insufferable because they did long running quests
>Trying to get quests past filters
>Making threads to advertise that they will be doing a quest later instead of just using the Quest general

Using a wrong to excuse another wrong isn't going to make a right
>>
File: Quests 8.6%.png (34KB, 1555x314px) Image search: [Google]
Quests 8.6%.png
34KB, 1555x314px
>>
>>54146770
>Improvise, holtkey tabs
Still more time consuming than the single big board. The most important part is right audience for the quests which congregates naturally on /tg/. Attracting them is essential for quest existence.
>>
Can't you questfags find a programer to make you a software that browses both /tg/ and /qst/ in the same window and give you an option where to post when you wanna make a new thread? There is shit like that on Android, there has to be one deacent programer among you. After all, most of them are nerds anyway.
>>
>>54142577
Generals cause more problem here than quests do anyway.
>>
>>54146791
People whom go to /qst/ are people whom go to /tg/. If someone does not want to play quests they won't play them. Having them on /tg/ won't change anything. You have a good chunk of active quests on /qst/, stop complaining.
>>
File: 1498746739080.png (128KB, 1018x919px) Image search: [Google]
1498746739080.png
128KB, 1018x919px
>>54141619
I didn't mind quests on /tg/ even though they weren't for me. Until a day in summer three years ago.

>Have quests filtered because I don't play them
>then one day in July I look on the catalog
>There's only 25 non-quest threads
>MFW
>Maybe getting their own board is a good idea

I'm glad they got fultoned to Outer Heaven
>>
>>54146816
>I'm a new fag who wasn't here when the ENTIRE board was just Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40K.
Oppinion dismissed.
>>
>>54142995
I mean honestly those threads sound a lot like the "golden age" of /tg/. I think the board is generally getting better again.
>>
>>54146828
There was never a time that Warhammer Fantasy was bigger than D&D.
>>
>>54146497
>More you visit /b/ more homosexual shit pops out
HA!

And I 100% believe it too. Sadly...
>>
>>54146828
>WHF

You're new. Shush.
>>
>>54141619
?

He's not that stupid. Provide pics & context and check to see if it was on April 1st
>>
File: 1470538240322.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1470538240322.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
>>54141619
Now, this is the best kind of bait thread. The one everyone can't help but reply too
>>
>>54146892
>Hiro
>not stupid
lel
>>
>>54146791
This is just laziness incarnate and doesn't help your argument
>>
>>54146914
I mean, he's not THIS stupid right?

pls
>>
File: What Genocide.webm (1MB, 840x630px) Image search: [Google]
What Genocide.webm
1MB, 840x630px
>>54142514
>>54142514
>>54142514
>>54142514
>>54142514
>>
>>54146773
Questfags value their attention too much to lose, the stick to their attention winning threads.
No, they really didn't. Not the absolute asshats. You'd be in a 40k thread and one would mention how the writing is inferior to their quest. Like nigga no, I don't fucking care.

When they get to that point there's no hope for reasoning. We don't need that caliber of shitposting back
>>
>>54143021
So link your /qst/ threads in relevant /tg/ threads.
No more than once per day, preferrably less - if you need to spam the relevant audience to get interest, it's because your audience is not interested.

My own memories of the halcyon days of yore was when /tg/ was a much slower board, actually allowing the survival of lower poster-count threads to develop into in-depth discussion.

Quests were less prevalent, better wuality, possibly because they hadn't had their heyday successes that everyone wanted a slice of.
/pol/ were still in their containment board, so they weren't tainting 20-50% of threads with their crap.

Maybe it's just too late - the whole site culture, and this board, has changed with fame.

I think quests could come back, but it would require hard mod-ing with anime character threads booted to /a/, because to my memory they were the most egregious offenders in terms of having multiple indistinguishable parallel quests running all the time.
And good moderation is not likely.
>>
>>54147023
>So link your /qst/ threads in relevant /tg/ threads.
No don't encourage the faggots
>>
Maybe they should allow CYOAs in /qst/ so that non-tg fitting CYOAs have a place to go.
>>
>>54147023
I don't want some questfag linking their fashion quest in the character art threads and I KNOW that's the kind of stretching they'll subject us to
>>
>>54147047
And the Galactic Federation quests and the like. Maybe just turn /qst/ into /play/ or something
>>
>>54141619
Quest-height /tg/ had the worst fucking namefags though.This place is already suffering under the /pol/ heatwave. It'll just get worse with Questfags again. Also we'll have the skub grenades that were the ultimate bait threads: /pol/quests
>>
>>54143878
>Hiroshimoot
DamSon.jpeg

>>54143819
I think I've been talked round into believing this is all the work of a pro-quest /tg/ autist, perhaps bitter his preferred thread isn't getting traction from what he thinks should be the target audience.
Certainly everything about the /qst/ set-up seems tailor-made to make quests easier to run and participate in. Odd.

If you want to attract an audience, link a /qst/ thread in a relevant thread on a nother board, in a non-obnoxious manner.
Solved.

>>54143939
My theory is that with efficient Generals, and people starting to use Hide Thread, the actual front page would become useable again, so thread content, rather than OP, can return to prominence in influencing participation by new posters.
>>
>>54147107

What consitutes a non-obnoxious manner though? I mean I can't imagine it would go well at all if someone linked a quest in say, a general related to the subject matter. Say for example I have a world of darkness related quest, or a warhammer related quest, if I dropped a link to it i'd get eviscerated. If anyone did follow the link, which I doubt anyone would, it would be to troll and shitpost I imagine.
>>
>>54142508
Well, listen here you fucking retad, I'll explain what's bad about generals.
Every general means that you can't create a regular(non-general, i.e not full of mouth breathing "regulars"), you know, a thread created by someone who has something to say or ask. Instead, you have a general, where every second reply is posted by a regular, who posts just because he got used to the general, not because he has something to say. I will probably be a low quality post, a "lolrandumb may may" post if you will.
There are other pathetic losers like you, who vists said general on daily basis, who respond and encourage shitty posts because muh general coulture.
So, good quality posts, writen by people who have something to say are drowned by fucking regulars, who post just because they have to post because it's muh general.
>>
>>54147141
Linking to quests in unrelated threads (ie. threads not about quests) is just a bad idea. It was too much back in the day and you WILL be curb-stomped for it even if you meant well and didn't know about the anger towards it
>>
>>54147141
Just make thread advertising outside of the general thread a bannable offense and stop feeding the trolls
>>
File: 1486137336493.jpg (30KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
1486137336493.jpg
30KB, 612x380px
>>54142514
>>
>>54147154
>The problem with Generals
This is a fairly accurate summary.

>>54147141
>>54147171
>What consitutes a non-obnoxious manner though?
>Just make thread advertising outside of the general thread a bannable offense and stop feeding the trolls
Yup - a Warhammer-verse thread can be advertised with a single 50-word post per 24 hours by posting in one Warhammer-related thread. For example.
>>
>>54147154
I'll add that whenever a general get's it's own namefags that's when it's time to stop it
>>
>>54147321
Then it's time to shut /vg/ down
>>
>>54146332
>Trying to get quests past filters

This is what I don't get. Why? If someone doesn't want quests, why would they want them to see their threads?
>>
>>54147340
Oh years ago. I was huge into mass effect and went through WoW phases so I sparingly visited their generals. Absolute degeneracy. Like they're right ERP for their own characters in the threads. IN MASS EFFECT. WoW was bad but that's because they didn't do anything but spam their fave avatar and shit talk each other. Mass effect was just weird
>>
>>54147373
So when you complain & bump their thread with a post and a new IP

Reporting didn't do anything short term, but I guess it all added up in the end since they got their containment board
>>
File: 1492517909199.jpg (44KB, 529x502px) Image search: [Google]
1492517909199.jpg
44KB, 529x502px
>>54141619
>Quests
>On /tg/

But we have an entire containment board for that sort of thing. It has enough space for all the quests you'll need, like-minded people, a meta quest general for discussion & advice, poster IDs, Dice rolling and even image posting

Quality may vary from poor to shit but hey, that's the territory with questfags
>>
>>54147391
Yeah when a questfag wants to bend the rules or just be deviant they will. When they outright don't care then there's no line they won't cross.

It's not all questfags (obviously) but their worst are the absolute worst you will ever see
>>
>>54147376
I poked my head into the Fallout General a few times, hoping to talk about modding. Oh there's modding there alright, if you want to mod the female NPCs into a waifu wearing some stupid looking sci-fi bodysuit.
>>
>>54147154
/tg/ generals tend to be pretty on-topic though. Just pop into any of them at the moment and they're usually all gameplay discussion, recruiting for games, and so forth.

They turn into a mess on /vg/ mainly because a lot of generals are for singular video games that don't really have a whole lot to discuss after the game is finished; but most of the generals discussed on /tg/ are franchises that have a lot of layers that people seek practical advice on - running campaigns, organizing groups, building characters, painting/assembling models, reviewing modules and games, and so forth.
>>
>>54147373
Just look a few posts above your own
>>54147251
>>54147107
>>54147023
These are advocating spamming threads with advertisements for quests despite there being a questgeneral explicitly for that sort of thing

They want the attention, even if it's bad, it still feeds them
>>
>>54147465
They sound narcissistic.
>>
>>54141619
Where the fuck did he say that? And in God's name why.

I love /osrg/ but I'd rather see it banned forever than have quests return.
>>
File: Star Wars.gif (1MB, 540x160px) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars.gif
1MB, 540x160px
>>54147481
Quests are just threads designed to get as many people as possible to give (you)s to you in particular, over and over again
>>
>>54147519
So, they're basically one big ego game?

I always figured there was something super weird about them.
>>
File: Even Worse.jpg (39KB, 948x669px) Image search: [Google]
Even Worse.jpg
39KB, 948x669px
>>54142514
>>
>>54147485
I'm starting to think he actually hasn't and OP just made this as a bait thread

I say this because the last "Hiro says we can have a metathread to talk about board problems." thread had the same picture and talked about quests too
>>
File: 1495474500259.png (1MB, 860x1279px) Image search: [Google]
1495474500259.png
1MB, 860x1279px
>>54147536
I need an edit of that with Albanian replaced with Questfag
>>
>>54147535
When they started doing Cross-Over quests to get more players like they were fucking Youtubers trying to get subscriber bumps I was fucking done giving them the benefit of the doubt.

And then when they did Meta Threads they lost all my sympathy. And they didn't even get banned
>>
File: 1473560685910.png (1MB, 1280x1318px) Image search: [Google]
1473560685910.png
1MB, 1280x1318px
>>54143774
I think it's one samefag who got himself banned from /qst/ but is still allowed on /tg/ so keeps samefagging trying to get them back

They probably look like/enjoy this
>>
>>54147409
>It's not all questfags (obviously) but their worst are the absolute worst you will ever see

When Questfags make threads, they’re not posting at their best. They’re not posting for you. They’re not posting for you. They’re posting threads that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing Waifushit. They’re bringing spam. They’re shitposters. And some, I assume, are good people.
>>
>>54141619
Stop with the 'let's make a X' threads.

>>54141619
FUCK THAT SHIT
Quests killed /tg/. If they come back, I leave. Do not want to have to filter through 5 pages of quests to get to the content, and then find that the quest threads bumped everything good off the board.
>>
File: 1499157501759.jpg (75KB, 759x536px) Image search: [Google]
1499157501759.jpg
75KB, 759x536px
>>54147546
>>
File: 1467226634459.png (273KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1467226634459.png
273KB, 450x600px
>>54147763
You are a motherfucking legend

What's your name? I'll name my next character after you, my man
>>
>>54147773
Onanymous
>>
>>54143902
>/wst/ no longer allowed.
>/efg/ kicked off of /d/
I barely even need 4chan anymore.

>>54143923
>No roleplaying games in that list
Pack it up boys. Time to go!
>>
>>54144281
It's because when it's spliced with another board the shitty stuff falls off because nobody posts in it. When it's a board that goes through long periods of inactivity EVERYTHING stays there until something else shows up.
>>
>>54145893
You can still get the occasional popular stuff. But it's because the QM has a twitter following more than anything. People jump in because they recognize the QM from the good old /tg/ days or something and then abandon the board once the session is over.
>>
>>54143923
So elder scrolls, Fallout and Warcraft threads got to go? Fine by me
>>
What's with all these roleplaying threads that've popped up lately? The guild threads, the inn threads, they're definitely not /tg/. It's just a bunch of Gaia online style roleplay but nothing seems to be done about them, am I wrong here?
>>
>>54148015
Because when a bunch of people who love roleplaying games get together to talk about how little they actually play roleplaying games IRL, then SOMETHING is going to happen occasionally. It's probably just a short phase, eventually there will just be one or two left that happen once a month once everybody has had their fill for a while.
>>
>>54148027
Yet game finder threads die because nobody wants to GM
>>
>>54148038
>it's almost as though the reason these people never actually play IRL is concrete and identifiable
Gee, you think?
>>
>>54147546

What in the seven hells did I just read?
>>
>>54148058
A defense of Western civilization.
>>
>>54148051
So /tg/ is a containment board for socially maladjusted losers among losers? In which case, why does it matter if quests or fetish threads or pure off-topic shitposting happens? If all of 4chan is like that, why care?
>>
>>54148086
>So /tg/ is a containment board for socially maladjusted losers among losers?
How the fuck did you get there from "the specific people who don't have a game and have to use threads to roleplay in all have the same problem of not wanting to DM"? There are tons of people who actually play and who talk about their-game-relevant shit on /tg/, they just don't need to RP on the board or trawl gamefinder threads.

Also, if /tg/ *were* for socially maladjusted losers among losers, /qst/ would still be for the losers among losers among losers. And finally, if it didn't matter, then it also wouldn't matter if we continue to BTFO questfags forever. So your argument is completely incoherent, really.
>>
Could do away with the rampant politicism of threads and content.
>>
>>54148038
Game finder threads require some degree of commitment as well. The little roleplay threads it's easy to read over, throw your 5c in and just have a little fun before disappearing and not going back unless the urge strikes.

Gamefinder threads don't have that "on demand satisfaction", and also because, like you said "nobody wants to GM". I'd bet that out of the people here who play frequently / have played frequently, are likely GMs themselves and would prefer to have a break from it rather than just GM again (especially if they haven't done so in a while).

The only time I've seen recruiting go well (on other forums) is when the GM posts saying "Hey, I want to run this game in this system with this setting, throw your names/character ideas in the hat and I'll pick a couple players for it and we can move somewhere else to do it."
>>
What's with this hatred of community building?
>>
>>54146555
>And this by itself does not prove that quests are NOT WANTED?
No, what kind of non sequitur is that?

>Jesus fuck, I didn't mind quests until you dumb fuckers swallowed half the board
When exactly did this happen?

>Thats the problem. No one understands moderation
Then that's a problem for the mods *badum-tish*
On a more serious note, it *is* something mods can enforce if it's percieved as a problem
>>
File: 1495476452970.jpg (42KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495476452970.jpg
42KB, 720x720px
>>54148058
Memri Tv is a beautiful thing
>>
>>54148210
What's with this hatred of community destruction?
Fixed that for you
>>
>>54148272
It's a joke tv station, right? Like what The Onion would be like if it was a tv station rather than a "news"paper?
>>
>>54148307
No, AFAIK Memri TV is a station that broadcasts clips from Arabic TV stations with English translation captions to inform people of the kind of crazy shit that Arabs actually say when they think Westerners aren't listening.

The difference between the English-language Al-Jazeera and the original one is staggering, just for example.
>>
File: 1495462310020.png (723KB, 470x1433px) Image search: [Google]
1495462310020.png
723KB, 470x1433px
>>54148307
>It's a joke tv station, right?
Oh god no. No these are real people saying these things to several different networks across the middle east, north/east Africa and Russia. Memri Tv isn't a tv station. It's a website which just translates real interviews like these into English.

They even have their own Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSEH4StvDaM2VLfnm0IMo_A
>>
File: 1492473454379.jpg (60KB, 900x520px) Image search: [Google]
1492473454379.jpg
60KB, 900x520px
>>54148339
Oh shit really? I watch English Al-Jazeera. It's actually quite sane and gives way better content than the BBC, RT or SKY News.

What does the original get up to? I haven't seen any Memri clips of it
>>
>>54148339
>>54148349
Fucking hell, no wonder the Middle East is a shithole.
>>
File: 1495478724844.jpg (69KB, 600x752px) Image search: [Google]
1495478724844.jpg
69KB, 600x752px
Fuck it we've hit sage. I'm dumping Memri Pics
>>
File: 1489530555655.png (260KB, 483x368px) Image search: [Google]
1489530555655.png
260KB, 483x368px
>>54148426
>>
File: 1493846143755.jpg (92KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1493846143755.jpg
92KB, 1024x576px
>>54148429
>>
File: 1495471126793.jpg (86KB, 666x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1495471126793.jpg
86KB, 666x1024px
>>54148438
>>
File: 1495462608304.jpg (34KB, 467x350px) Image search: [Google]
1495462608304.jpg
34KB, 467x350px
>>54148442
>>
File: 1495480415160.jpg (65KB, 638x410px) Image search: [Google]
1495480415160.jpg
65KB, 638x410px
>>54148450
>>
File: 1495461933814.jpg (54KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1495461933814.jpg
54KB, 1024x576px
>>54148458
>>
File: 1495462625494.jpg (722KB, 2049x1640px) Image search: [Google]
1495462625494.jpg
722KB, 2049x1640px
>>54148463
>>
>>54148373
Aaaaaaand the penny drops. Welcome aboard, son.
>>
File: 1495462083587.jpg (24KB, 522x316px) Image search: [Google]
1495462083587.jpg
24KB, 522x316px
>>54148466
>>
File: 1495462376974.jpg (63KB, 630x432px) Image search: [Google]
1495462376974.jpg
63KB, 630x432px
>>54148475
>>
File: 1495462562802.jpg (51KB, 1024x566px) Image search: [Google]
1495462562802.jpg
51KB, 1024x566px
>>54148476
>>
File: 1495465270494.jpg (154KB, 610x427px) Image search: [Google]
1495465270494.jpg
154KB, 610x427px
>>54148481
>>
File: 1495466301866.jpg (50KB, 720x528px) Image search: [Google]
1495466301866.jpg
50KB, 720x528px
>>54148486
Shoes are a huge insult over there
>>
File: 1495461459753.jpg (26KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1495461459753.jpg
26KB, 500x281px
>>54148489
Like genuinely a HUGE thing over there
>>
>>54148496
It's a goddamn trope
>>
File: 1495471328642.jpg (86KB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
1495471328642.jpg
86KB, 1400x788px
>>54148500
>>
File: 1495475769175.jpg (27KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
1495475769175.jpg
27KB, 500x361px
>>54148507
>>
File: 1495478089895.jpg (48KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1495478089895.jpg
48KB, 1024x576px
>>54148514
The Canada one is a shop, this is the original
>>
File: 1495478920529.jpg (36KB, 512x378px) Image search: [Google]
1495478920529.jpg
36KB, 512x378px
>>54148521
I don't know the context of this one, I'd love to find out.

In the meantime, please theorise
>>
File: 1495479049163.jpg (71KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1495479049163.jpg
71KB, 1200x675px
>>54148529
This one too
>>
File: 1495992463193.jpg (106KB, 720x762px) Image search: [Google]
1495992463193.jpg
106KB, 720x762px
>>54148532
>>
File: 1496184200058.png (539KB, 630x435px) Image search: [Google]
1496184200058.png
539KB, 630x435px
>>54148539
>>
File: 1496472692438.jpg (60KB, 960x715px) Image search: [Google]
1496472692438.jpg
60KB, 960x715px
>>54148545
>>
>>54148426
Can someone please replace Jews with Questfags? I love you
>>
File: 1495461228525.png (527KB, 551x377px) Image search: [Google]
1495461228525.png
527KB, 551x377px
>>54148549
>>
File: 1495461845666.jpg (33KB, 710x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495461845666.jpg
33KB, 710x540px
>>54148563
>>
File: 1495461989782.jpg (21KB, 552x351px) Image search: [Google]
1495461989782.jpg
21KB, 552x351px
>>54148567
>>
File: 1495464757419.jpg (102KB, 700x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1495464757419.jpg
102KB, 700x1064px
>>54148572
>>
File: 1495480247949.jpg (78KB, 680x1003px) Image search: [Google]
1495480247949.jpg
78KB, 680x1003px
>>54148576
You absolutely need to watch the saga of Farfour
>>
File: 1495508731009.jpg (83KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495508731009.jpg
83KB, 540x540px
>>54148585
>>
File: 1495466195452.jpg (63KB, 574x795px) Image search: [Google]
1495466195452.jpg
63KB, 574x795px
>>54148589
Aaaaaaand last one
>>
>>54148589

Dafuq? Seriously, what the fuck?
>>
>>54148811
Oh they indoctrinate their children hard
>>
File: Memri_045a16_6159512.jpg (44KB, 800x470px) Image search: [Google]
Memri_045a16_6159512.jpg
44KB, 800x470px
>>54148927
>>
>>54148595
More Memri
>>
File: hqdefault 5).jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault 5).jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>54148930
>>
>>54148935
>>
File: memri45two.jpg (42KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
memri45two.jpg
42KB, 350x263px
>>54148943
>>
File: 176.jpg (52KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
176.jpg
52KB, 960x540px
>>54148946
>>
File: 4253.jpg (124KB, 448x299px) Image search: [Google]
4253.jpg
124KB, 448x299px
>>54148953
>>
File: 5l23THT.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5l23THT.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>54148954
>>
File: we-will-kill-them.jpg (128KB, 467x357px) Image search: [Google]
we-will-kill-them.jpg
128KB, 467x357px
>>54148960
>>
File: yABKPRf.jpg (23KB, 577x413px) Image search: [Google]
yABKPRf.jpg
23KB, 577x413px
>>54148966
>>
File: C5Ph-gbW8AMaELS.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
C5Ph-gbW8AMaELS.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>54148972
>>
File: 8cEjmq7.jpg (22KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
8cEjmq7.jpg
22KB, 720x405px
>>54148978
>>
File: hqdefault (6).jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (6).jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>54148986
>>
File: 9a1.jpg (67KB, 1024x730px) Image search: [Google]
9a1.jpg
67KB, 1024x730px
>>54148994
>>
>>54149002
>>
File: 122934.jpg (67KB, 977x240px) Image search: [Google]
122934.jpg
67KB, 977x240px
>>54149011
>>
>>54149015
>>
File: 0.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>54149020
>>
File: 25613.jpg (428KB, 850x637px) Image search: [Google]
25613.jpg
428KB, 850x637px
>>54149024
>>
File: 2MbpXIc.jpg (22KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
2MbpXIc.jpg
22KB, 720x405px
>>54149031
>>
>>54149011
Not wrong tb h
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>54149039
>>
File: 6dldqAP.png (67KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
6dldqAP.png
67KB, 500x303px
>>54149045
>>
File: 4255.jpg (105KB, 448x299px) Image search: [Google]
4255.jpg
105KB, 448x299px
>>54149052
>>
File: 6f8.jpg (87KB, 653x843px) Image search: [Google]
6f8.jpg
87KB, 653x843px
>>54149057
Love this one
>>
File: 8J93jeC.jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8J93jeC.jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
>>54149068
>>
File: 2AuTEo0.jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2AuTEo0.jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
>>54149076
>>
File: 122915.jpg (47KB, 647x230px) Image search: [Google]
122915.jpg
47KB, 647x230px
>>54149083
>>
File: cf2.jpg (30KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
cf2.jpg
30KB, 600x411px
>>54149091
>>
File: da4.jpg (34KB, 653x434px) Image search: [Google]
da4.jpg
34KB, 653x434px
>>54149098
>>
File: EgrXUWS.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EgrXUWS.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
>>54149100
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>54149106
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>54149113
>>
File: hqdefault (5).jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (5).jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>54149115
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>54149117
>>
File: jAK4scX.jpg (21KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
jAK4scX.jpg
21KB, 720x405px
>>54149120
>>
File: hqG6sZX.jpg (109KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hqG6sZX.jpg
109KB, 1920x1080px
>>54149127
>>
File: JekMJD9.png (130KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
JekMJD9.png
130KB, 500x583px
>>54149130
>>
File: khalil-attiya.jpg (40KB, 632x454px) Image search: [Google]
khalil-attiya.jpg
40KB, 632x454px
>>54149135
>>
File: L3BAGRw.jpg (26KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
L3BAGRw.jpg
26KB, 480x300px
>>54149141
>>
File: Memri_1d18a4_6127708.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Memri_1d18a4_6127708.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>54149149
By "save" he means from the Jewish inhabitants
>>
File: Memri_113c1e_6221139.jpg (42KB, 485x351px) Image search: [Google]
Memri_113c1e_6221139.jpg
42KB, 485x351px
>>54149157
>>
File: 6uUxOn5.png (240KB, 494x270px) Image search: [Google]
6uUxOn5.png
240KB, 494x270px
>>54149160
>>
File: Memri_178f31_6129585.jpg (38KB, 697x539px) Image search: [Google]
Memri_178f31_6129585.jpg
38KB, 697x539px
>>54149163
>>
File: Memri_428b8e_6300948.jpg (25KB, 440x332px) Image search: [Google]
Memri_428b8e_6300948.jpg
25KB, 440x332px
>>54149166
Reminder: Pornhub's No.1) search is Lesbians
>>
File: Memri_4474e0_6129585.jpg (51KB, 700x405px) Image search: [Google]
Memri_4474e0_6129585.jpg
51KB, 700x405px
>>54149172
>>
File: Memri_a15075_6159512.jpg (109KB, 900x654px) Image search: [Google]
Memri_a15075_6159512.jpg
109KB, 900x654px
>>54149174
Starsigns matter y'all
>>
File: Memri_b4ded5_6200876.jpg (41KB, 480x335px) Image search: [Google]
Memri_b4ded5_6200876.jpg
41KB, 480x335px
>>54149179
>>
File: Memri_b76d95_6127697.jpg (39KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
Memri_b76d95_6127697.jpg
39KB, 500x303px
>>54149183
>>
File: Memri_c2fd25_6300948.jpg (44KB, 447x309px) Image search: [Google]
Memri_c2fd25_6300948.jpg
44KB, 447x309px
>>54149187
>>
File: Memri_cbdfe9_6221139.jpg (48KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Memri_cbdfe9_6221139.jpg
48KB, 900x506px
>>54149189
>>
File: Memri_dc0b5e_6200876.jpg (50KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
Memri_dc0b5e_6200876.jpg
50KB, 500x387px
>>54149193
The horror
>>
File: Memri_ef3eab_6129585.jpg (27KB, 500x298px) Image search: [Google]
Memri_ef3eab_6129585.jpg
27KB, 500x298px
>>54149194
>>
File: Memri_fab72d_6129585.jpg (73KB, 900x571px) Image search: [Google]
Memri_fab72d_6129585.jpg
73KB, 900x571px
>>54149199
>>
File: memri1.jpg (121KB, 800x412px) Image search: [Google]
memri1.jpg
121KB, 800x412px
>>54149202
>>
>>54149209
>>
>>54149213
It is known
>>
File: mzfOboZ.jpg (128KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
mzfOboZ.jpg
128KB, 2048x1152px
>>54149217
>>
File: QBV0FEZ.jpg (24KB, 620x415px) Image search: [Google]
QBV0FEZ.jpg
24KB, 620x415px
>>54149221
Smack talk
>>
File: SA_515_thumb_wide.jpg (186KB, 870x400px) Image search: [Google]
SA_515_thumb_wide.jpg
186KB, 870x400px
>>54149225
>>
>>54149226
>>
>>54149228
>>
File: WeNOUtW.png (271KB, 518x349px) Image search: [Google]
WeNOUtW.png
271KB, 518x349px
>>54149230
>>
>>54149233
>>
File: x0ncd7r.png (708KB, 1410x868px) Image search: [Google]
x0ncd7r.png
708KB, 1410x868px
>>54149238
>>
File: 515M.jpg (54KB, 713x287px) Image search: [Google]
515M.jpg
54KB, 713x287px
>>54149240
>>
File: 1480885401703.png (494KB, 804x506px) Image search: [Google]
1480885401703.png
494KB, 804x506px
>>54149247
>>
File: 1499165623971.jpg (120KB, 700x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1499165623971.jpg
120KB, 700x1064px
>>54148576
>>
File: arab_muslim_children_israel.jpg (56KB, 605x308px) Image search: [Google]
arab_muslim_children_israel.jpg
56KB, 605x308px
>>54149252
If anyone is wondering why so many of these specifically hate on the Jews, well it's not /pol/ memes I can tell you that

Palestine was promised their own independent kingdom by Britain for helping out in the war. But then the U.N. ruled that the state of Isreal should be created and that they should also get Jerusalem. This land was promised to the Palestinians. Britain did not give a fuck and exited stage left. Tension brewed between Isreal & Palestine until it erupted into war. Several Muslim Middle Eastern countries joined in such as Egypt & Jordan. The kicker is that Isreal curb stomped them all and occupied most of Palestine and the Sinai from Egypt. Every bowed out and left them to their fate and Egypt paid off Isreal to give them their land back, Then there was more fighting and Palestine is basically just the East bank & Gaza strip. Both of these are under separate rule. Everyone has been salty about this war for decades. Yes, I'm oversimplifying it but that's the gist. The Jews kicked their asses and they take their hate to Korean/Lithuanian levels
>>
>>54149278
Saved
>>
>>54148339
So who says those English translations aren't manipulated to influence people into hating islam even more?
Do you speak arab by any chance?

I'm not a muslim but everything regarding middle east media coverage should be taken with a pinch of salt.
>>
>>54149335
I do. It's accurate. YOU NEED FUCKING CONTEXT. But most of it is accurate in a similar fashion to a manga translation.

Remember many of these people either vehemently dislike who they're talking about or do want to propagandize their audience. Some of it is just innocent and doesn't work without context, however.

If they mention a Jew, Allah being great,
>>
File: 509B_0.jpg (58KB, 772x287px) Image search: [Google]
509B_0.jpg
58KB, 772x287px
>>54149351
I accidentally posted before I finished that. 4chan pass and all

Anyway, unless it's batshit like the cases of cancer or scientific inaccuracies they most likely mean what they say no question. They like Allah, hate Jews and got good insults. Plus again, context.

If it sounds like propaganda, well it probably is. Remember 90% of these are either from the crazies or the extreme scenarios. Also, they enjoy forcing their opponents into gotcha moments and losing their cool. Many times they're trying to get rises out of people or media exposure.
>>
File: ShowImage.jpg (53KB, 898x628px) Image search: [Google]
ShowImage.jpg
53KB, 898x628px
>>54149389
>>54149335
This little girl is legit says these exact words
>>
File: memri-children1.jpg (107KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
memri-children1.jpg
107KB, 480x360px
>>54149401
>>
File: 4254.jpg (125KB, 448x299px) Image search: [Google]
4254.jpg
125KB, 448x299px
>>54149410
>>
File: Child Preacher.jpg (38KB, 351x263px) Image search: [Google]
Child Preacher.jpg
38KB, 351x263px
>>54149415
>>
File: hqdefault (7).jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (7).jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>54149424
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (49KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
49KB, 1024x576px
>>54149428
>>
File: Memri-ss1.jpg (35KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
Memri-ss1.jpg
35KB, 500x403px
>>54149436
>>
File: memri.almasri.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
memri.almasri.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>54149448
>>
File: 122914.jpg (62KB, 869x259px) Image search: [Google]
122914.jpg
62KB, 869x259px
>>54149451
>>
That's a wrap, people. See you all next time someone still mad about /qst/ makes a thread.
>>
>>54147465
I'm one of the advocators for advertising, and I don't visit or participate in the /qst/ board.

I am in favour of advertising because, long ago, there were some good quests.
If there was a way to notify people of good quests, it might encourage better quests.
Nobody visits /qst/ or the Quest General because it is a cesspit.

It probably wouldn't work because the golden age of quests being ok-on-average has long passed into incestuous degeneracy and trash (in the closed-system, not sexual, sense).
But if it did work it might return some modicum of the sense of community that /tg/ once had.

I will readily concede that it's quite possible I'm just nostalgic for the days when I was a thirteen year old newfag though.
>>
Label your fucking threads so I don't have to filter 15 god damn 40k threads. And thinly veiled smut threads with anime girl pictures or magical realm bait need to be purged immediately.
Thread posts: 437
Thread images: 149

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.