[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been stuck as a foreverGM for roughly 5 years but now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1498877880007.png (458KB, 518x792px) Image search: [Google]
1498877880007.png
458KB, 518x792px
I have been stuck as a foreverGM for roughly 5 years but now finally get to be a player again
Thing just is that I have forgotten how to be a good player
Please help
>>
>>54139649
Pretend you're roleplaying an NPC, then just keep doing that.
>>
>>54139649
Don't be an asshole.
>>
>>54139649
Remember all those things players do that drives you fucking nuts? Don't do that.
>>
>>54139649
Remember to always jump against the new GM's bullshit.

Tell him every time you disagree with him on why you disagree with him and how you would have done it.

Always remind him that you have been GMing for 5 years and you are clearly more experienced than him.

Point out every copy you notice like "Oh, like in starcraft" "Oh, like Boromir" "So, pretty much Anakin", and then call whatever NPC like that too "Hey Anakin, do you know where we can find a well? We were told to go there", to remind the GM of how much shit he is copying and how unoriginal he is.

That's pretty much the modus operandis you should go by, OP. Have fun
>>
>>54139649
Ignore all the things the GM is doing wrong, your character wouldn't know that anyway.

Don't worry about the group beyond making a character that will work well with them.

Don't ignore the rest of the game to focus on the character you've been wanting to play for 5 years.

Find a reason to go with the group and take the plothook, never the other way around.

Have fun and relax.
>>
>>54140375
This.
You have to fall out of the analytical/structural mindset of a GM and just go with the flow. Imagine it like reading a book purely for the enjoyment, instead of reading it critically and focusing on the language and structure.
>>
Don't take annoying accents.
Don't act distant like you only control a video game character for which you saved 10 minutes ago (accepting death/sacrificing for no reason)
Don't hesitate to willingly make roleplay-induced mistakes which have no effect except on your character (ex : I decide not to eat what the villagers serve because I don't trust them, even though you know there's no poison)
The fun of the group is more important than this cool sword or even your character. If his death can be interesting, then it should be an option
Don't try to waste time romancing every female character
Don't force your roleplay by showing a character trait without any real context
>>
>>54140963
Other than that it seems to me that good GM make good characters, so you'll probably be fine. Hope you have fun
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.