[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me a system /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1571.jpg (164KB, 565x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1571.jpg
164KB, 565x620px
My group are reaching the end of our campaign (5e) and while we all enjoyed it, I would like to try a new system. A player suggested Pathfinder but I would rather stray away from DnD

I'm looking for (in general order of importance)

- Point buy based character building with some kind of multiclassing or pick and choose available
- Suitable for fantasy
- Relatively easy to learn rules

I'd rather a combat heavy system but anything with nice RP rules would be good too. Thanks.
>>
File: MnM-logo-wordpress.png (59KB, 340x87px) Image search: [Google]
MnM-logo-wordpress.png
59KB, 340x87px
>>54139499
Mutants and Masterminds 3e might be worth a shot, it's a very customizable point buy system that you can build almost anything, including fantasy even though it's advertised as a superhero system.
>>
>>54139905
I heard that mentioned before for high fantasy. Will have a lock
>>
>>54139499

Have you ever tried 4e? Despite a lot of the negative press around it, it's a very fun system if it suits your playstyle.

That last part is important, and why a lot of people got mad about it. If the idea of a lack of obfuscation and revealing disassociative mechanics turns you off, 4e is not for you. It is very clearly laid out, straightforward and direct, focusing on providing a solid and balanced ruleset and trusting you to figure out the fluff side on your own, rather than sticking to the classic idea of a direct one to one relationship, and obscuring it even when it wasn't true.

It's not perfect, there are a few small caveats here and there, and it only really works for more heroic action fantasy games, but if you and your group are on board it can be a really fun ride.
>>
Dungeon World on all three counts.
>>
>>54139947
I went straight from 3.5 to 5, but I've stolen a lot of things from 4e in my games (forever GM :( ). I've heard mixed things about it but seems that if you like 4e you really like it.
>>
>>54139982

It's certainly not a system for everyone, but I think it has that strong appeal because, unlike other systems of D&D, it knows exactly what it wants to be. A lot of versions of D&D are very broad, trying to encompass all possible fantasy stories and failing at most of them, at least RAW, while 4e sticks entirely to heroic action fantasy and make sure it does that one thing very well. Great if you enjoy that flavour of fantasy, pretty bad if you wanted anything else.
>>
File: Reign.jpg (78KB, 220x284px) Image search: [Google]
Reign.jpg
78KB, 220x284px
>>54139499
I'll shill Reign, because the system is a pretty cool twist on the ORE, and it's got a book/pdf that just explains the rules and how to transplant them for any setting you want.
As for what it does, it's got a pretty good point buy setup, a really fun core setting with some great ideas to steal (My favorites are the metal-boned school of earth magic, and the entire history of the Red Empire), a fun take on spellcaster combat, and is designed around players eventually accumulating power and starting to be major players in the politics and warfare of the setting, with a whole set scaled up rules for heavy politics and army-on-army combat..
>>
>>54139499
Savage worlds

Free test drive rules here:
https://www.peginc.com/store/savage-worlds-test-drive-lankhmar/
>>
>>54139499
Just search for one that doesn't have resurrection has a spell, and you know its good right away
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.