[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Times your players surprised you? >Party enters a shop lookin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: =0.png (343KB, 512x746px) Image search: [Google]
=0.png
343KB, 512x746px
Times your players surprised you?

>Party enters a shop lookin for them sweet adventuring supplies
>Sorcerer asks if they have healing potions
>"Yes we do! potions of major and minor healing for these prices-"
>"How many?"
>"uh... about 35." (me pulling a number out of nowhere)
>Sorcerer casts Suggestion, commanding the shopkeep to give him all the healing potions in the shop, shopkeep fails the save
>mfw

And that's how they survived for many sessions without a dedicated healer
>>
Pretty sure suggestion isn't that strong.
And that you are aware of what happened after the suggestion ends.
>>
Any time they speak in character without being promoted to first...

It's sad I know.
>>
>>54139363

Prompted*
>>
>>54139322
>The suggestion must be worded to sound reasonable

'Give me several thousand gold's worth of potions' is not reasonable, and is almost certain to have the party on wanted posters a few hours later for grand theft
>>
>>54139322

You know, shops that have such valuable merchandise should normally have protections to stop people from pulling shit like this.
And other stuff like stealing too.
>>
>>54139382

>"The suggestion must be worded in such a manner as to make the activity sound reasonable."

"Let us hold on to those potions for now. We're planning to buy them, we just need to inspect them first to make sure they're all good quality."

>is almost certain to have the party on wanted posters a few hours later for grand theft
True, though other spells do exist that can prevent that.
Not that that applies to this situation though.
>>
>>54139461
And as soon as they leave the shop with the potions they're fucked.
>>
>>54139397
A favorite of mine that i use is the "orb of interruption". Magic item, When active(toggled by codeword), it interrupts any attempt at casting magic in it's range, by screaming and thrashing towards the caster.
It looks very similar to a behelit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.