[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help modifying some classes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

>Playing 5e
>started my players at level 3
>Let my players pick out most any custom archetypes as long as they weren't retarded

>One player picks Dragon Knight Barbarian
>He gets to pick a single color of dragon and gain the appropriate resistance to that damage and gains +2 to attack roles

>One player picks elemental knight fighter
>They gain resistance to bludgeon/pierce/slash forever 24/7

The barbarian seems slightly weaker than normal options while the other definitely counts as "retarded". Any ideas on how to balance these out? I told them i'd think about it and get back to them in time for our session next week.
>>
Forgot to mention that the barbarian only gets those bonuses during rage.
>>
The barbarian one seems fine. The attack bonus might be a little good for a level 3 feature (but not absurdly so), but I don't really see why you wouldn't just make the resistance 24/7 since it would make so little difference and would seem more appealing. It probably just seems underwhelming since the fighter's one is essentially as good as the barbarians main feature only constant
Resistance to normal weapon damage is typically a higher level ability, and I don't really see what it has to do with the elements in the first place. I would just flat out replace it with something that felt more elemental like access to some cantrips or the ability to change his melee damage types into fire/electricity/cold or something like that
>>
>>54138621
I'd say give the elemental fighter a limited amount of uses of b/s/p resistance as a reaction that increases with level.

With the Barbarian I don't see why the player doesn't reflavor what's already there in the Unearthed Arcana for Elemental Barbarian (which essentially gives you extra flat damage via elemental aura).
>>
>>54138796
>>54138796
Thanks for the input. I might make the barbarians element resistance permanent, and then give him immunity during rage.

And I had to re-read it but the Elemental fighter is a strictly -nonmagical- fighter who gets inspired by the elements. The resistance to everything is called "Earth's whatever-the-fuck". Might change it so it has bigger bonuses to certain weapons
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.