[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alt History in Gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1462719204211.jpg (81KB, 633x620px) Image search: [Google]
1462719204211.jpg
81KB, 633x620px
I'm looking to run a Savage Worlds game where:

The players are set in a timeline where the U.S is not United and the states are mini countries, their characters would be either in Minnesota or Wisconsin.

My questions being: Is there a better system to run a game set in modern time for this concept? And, Have you played or ran an Alt History game? If not what'd be something you'd like to play.
>>
>>54137703

Savage worlds is fine.

If you want a good source for ideas, then try GURPS Infinite Worlds, which gives you a good set of guidelines and even a meta-universe to place them within. The GURPS Alternate Earths series includes writeups on alternate timelines with considerable historical background that might give you ideas-- they can be tied to Infinite Worlds or used a la carte in a pure "what if" setting. There's quite a bit on the web as well, again search for GURPS and infinite worlds to find good writeups of similar ideas.

Of course, I could suggest you play the game in GURPS, too, and it would be great, but clearly you already have a generic universal system you're happy with. So why not stick with that?
>>
>>54137703
If the campaign is going to feature a lot of combat and you want the action to be fast, loose, and somewhat cinematic, I say stick with Savage Worlds. If the game is not going to have a lot of combat, or you want a lot of attention to detail, give GURPS a try.
>>
>>54138534
Thanks, I do also have GURPS 4e so I'll take a look at the Infinite World's stuff for some inspiration, it was a tossup between SW, GURPS, and All Flesh, but was open to other options if there was a better one.
>>54138674
There'll be a lot of combat, there's likely to be a war between MN/WI and IL, so I'll stick with SW.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.