[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tips for starting a sailing adventure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

Just about to start a new campaign with 3 friends.

>General premise is that they're pirates, going on a nautical adventure to different islands following a treasure map toward the biggest pirate treasure in the world

>Gave them 2 NPCs each that can specialize in any art or act as a level 1 character to act as the crew/support.
>They ended up picking 2 fishermen, 1 cook, 1 cleric, 1 rogue

What are some ideas I can add in? Stops along the way? Conflicts at or between each major point? Supplies and additions to the ship?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>54133742
You can use 1 page towns or 1 page dungeons for islands (maybe search one of each and make an island by fusing both together). Maybe I would start all sessions with an adventure on the open sea, with a random event (from storms and monsters to friendly merchants, getting lost or just cool weather); that can influence the condition in which they land into this session island. Then, develop as usual.

That said, I like the party you've formed. Give them competitors for the treasure or some kind of recurring enemies, just in case the overarching plot gets stale.
>>
The ocean can be a pretty boring place that only serves to get you to the interesting islands if you're not clever about how you use it.

If your setting is high fantasy, have the boat run into sea spirits, or mermaids, or sea monsters, or enemy pirates with crazy weird ships. If you're going lower fantasy, make sure to play around with weather, the environment, ect.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.