[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tabletop Simulator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (93KB, 736x401px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 736x401px
Do any of you fa/tg/uys use Tabletop Simulator? How do you organise and play? There isn't a single unlocked game available which I can't say I disagree with, so are there any steam groups/etc where these things are organised?

Bonus points for 40k TTS groups too.
>>
>>54131456
My friend ran us a DnD campaign on TTS for a few weeks. It was really handy having Steam for voice chat but we sometimes used Skype.

We enjoyed finding a seemingly unlimited amount of miniatures to download on the Steam Workshop, some of them had animations too. I was really surprised to see that some users had even made dungeon modules and maps for downloading.

Problems we had:
>Lost the theatre of mind.
Our DM spent increasing amounts of time adding more and more detail to the maps, settings, enemies, music, sound FX etc. Which was really nice and thoughtful but only stood to emphasise the gaps in the experience which he didn't fill. I don't know how to explain it in English, I just mean sometimes your imagination is better. Less is more?

>Players messing about
Its very easy and tempting for people to fuck about with the miniatures on the table. Not sure why its just harder for people to pay attention and it was hard for the DM to know who was focused.
>>
>>54131456

I've used it for 40k. Worked really great for me personally. Good way to play with my buddy who loves too far away for it to be practical otherwise.
>>
Used it for Kingdom Death Monster, took some to get used to it, but it's pretty functional.
>>
File: 1490067465075.jpg (301KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1490067465075.jpg
301KB, 1200x1800px
There is a great starwars armada workshop project that does lots of the little stuff for you. Super well made.
>>
>>54132148
Which mods do you recommend? I noticed that most of the armies mods are incomplete
>>
>>54133160

You have to hunt and mix and match some. And saddly some things you just can't find. Fortunately my army was pretty complete and my buddy was able to just label some of the other pieces in order to reflect the units that were missing. It's not perfect, but you can make it work decently. What armies are you looking for?
>>
>>54133217
Maybe I'm blind but I can not find a Triarch Stalker
>>
>>54133285
Use a giant spider as a proxy?
>>
>>54133285

If you can't find it in the rest of the model groups there is a guy who does custom models that were not in dawn of war (which is where most get ripped from) he did the harlequins and some missing dark eldar stuff, along with mechanicus. He might have your missing necron stuff. I think it was just called custom models. Tell you what, if this is somehow still around in the morning when I wake up I'll go find it and put up a link. I need sleep.
>>
File: Simulator.jpg (28KB, 363x327px) Image search: [Google]
Simulator.jpg
28KB, 363x327px
Would you play a Tabletop-Simulator Simulator?
>>
>>54133364
I can proxy everything with anything but that's not the point of playing 40k on tts
>>54133642
We need to go deeper
>>
steamcommunity.com/groups/TTSWarhammer40k
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.