[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bards are scary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Evil bard.jpg (12KB, 198x254px) Image search: [Google]
Evil bard.jpg
12KB, 198x254px
>be me
>starts first campaign since no-one else is running one
> one player plays bard
> complains he is "too weak"
>plays first session lvl 1
> proceeds to convince a ork that party is now the ORKS warband and that they will listen to him
> procceeds to manipulate ork into borderline pack mule... at lvl 1
> contemplating changing diplomacy rules for pathfinder

So anyone else have similar experiences about bards being REALLY scary if used right
>>
>1d10 miles
>>
>>54130438
>Pathfinder

You can break the game with pretty much ANYTHING in Pathfinder if you know how to exploit the rules when you're building your character. Mathfinder is kind of a smouldering dumpster fire mechanically.
>>
>Hilariously broken builds thread?
Hilariously broken builds thread

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?444052-The-Jumplomancer-are-you-serious

This is the jumplomancer, he makes friends by jumping.
>>
>>54130438
>>54131073
>Be DM
>Say 'No'

WOW FUCK YOU'RE RIGHT OP THAT FIX WAS PRETTY FUCKING HARD WHO THE FUCK DESIGNED THIS GAME YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH SO MANY HOOPS TO GET YOUR PLAYERS TO STOP BEING STUPID ASSHOLES GODDAMN

you fucking muppet
>>
>>54131073
That one's broken as in "does not work" sadly.
>>
>>54131096

Oh come off it, it's just stupid theorycrafting for fun. And it's his first campaign, lighten up.
>>
>>54131096
A first time DM is much more likely to play by the rules than he is to wing it like that.

This is literally the first instance of this happening to him. Most DM knowledge is as a result of failures and successes, of which he had neither.

New DM's are heavily more inclined to following RAW than they are rule 0.
>>
File: just a jester my good fellow.jpg (208KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
just a jester my good fellow.jpg
208KB, 1920x1080px
>>54130438
Bards are not scary, no siree.
>>
>>54130438
GMs are suppose to give penalties for super obvious lies. I really doubt a level 1 character will beat a -40 to their roll.
>>
>>54131146
I remember when I first DM'd the starter quest and the PCs met some wolves that were chained up. One of the players rolled a Nat 20 for animal handling after describing his character literally getting on the floor and acting like a wolf to show them who was 'alpha', and the book reckoned if they rolled a 10 they would be docile. It was hilarious and fun, so while I know skill checks aren't crits, I figured "(I'm sure this'll be fun!) They start following you around and heed you as alpha."

I thought they'd have them for the dungeon, and leave them behind, but oh hell no that wasn't happening. They passed a bunch of handling checks to literally carry them out of the cave with them, and put them on a caravan into town.

They kept the wolves with them for 4 levels before 2 of them got dusted by a fireball later on which was sad for everyone - they got pretty attached . But it was a damn rough lesson on action economy, after I had to buff just about every creature's HP by 30 atleast from level 2 just so everything was piss easy.

Sometimes it's important to just say "No", but learning that requires knowing when something is gonna break the game in half.
>>
>>54131947
If you had a chance would you go back and say no here though? It seems like your players really grew to love these wolves.
>>
>>54131977
It was a good thing to do on the first go around. If it was me now? Hell no, the wolves wouldn't have stuck around - mostly because they killed a lot of the combat tension. All the boss fights were too easy with 3 wolves swinging with advantage every turn cycle. But at the same time it brought a lot of charm, laughs, and memories, and in the last dungeon is was kinda like baby's first pc death.

It was good for a first go, but I wouldn't do it again.
>>
File: Azathoth.jpg (91KB, 407x550px) Image search: [Google]
Azathoth.jpg
91KB, 407x550px
Mate, by Pathfinder canon, these collection of colorful organisms are the first bards in all of existence ever. So it's no fucking wonder they're so powerful, dooting is what literally keeps all of multiversal reality going, whenever a bard makes a fucking magical vibration with an instrument, he is technically using the long, eternally connected line from himself, his instrument, to the source of magic, which is from the gods, whom are made from the Gate, whom is connected to everything due to existing outside of all space and time, whom is the extension of 'Literally god' as a nervous system and free eldritch taxi ride in exchange for free pussy.

Makes perfect sense to me, CHA classes are always fucking broken.
>>
>4e Tiefling Valor Bard/War Chanter, Level 11
>go first because Tiefling and high Charisma
>get everyone into position thanks to an utility power
>AP, theme power
>+5 to hit and to damage to all allies
>grant at least one attack but deal +7 damage thanks to MCing Warlord
>apply your choice of dominate/turning opponent into a pinball/another attack+stop an attack and grant an attack
>any ally that APs gains +7 damage on top of the +5 it's got

Bards are truly fucking bullshit.
>>
>>54130438

Diplomacy is one of those things that needs a lot of DM interpretation to play well. It can't force someone to do something against their nature. The point of diplomacy is to see if the character is skilled enough to get his or her way through talking, but that still requires that such a way exists to begin with.
>>
>>54131096
Why are your panties so twisted?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.