[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WW1 Zeppelin Setting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: tsXWN16.jpg (358KB, 1627x1003px) Image search: [Google]
tsXWN16.jpg
358KB, 1627x1003px
What do you guys think of a campaign set aboard a zeppelin during the first world war? all sorts of paranormal things could be seen.
>>
60% of the time, maintenance

so be sure yo have the ghost pop in while your characters are still settling into the routine of doing what the boss tells you to do
then the boss docks your pay for talking about ghosts in the engine room instead of working

you also cant use guns, because you would create holes in the hull
>>
>>54127512
>I don't know anything about Zeppelins, the post.
>>
>The year is 1916
>We were sent to scout ahead of Admiral Scheers great fleet and to look for Beatties and jellicoes fleet off of jutland
>We spotted them and relayed to the admiral and watched as the battle unfolded as british battlecruisers lined up to die to german guns
>The battle was going well until Jellicoe brought up his great battleships
>With horror in our hearts we watched great german ships hammered by british fire
>What we weren't prepped for was the horror that followed
>Great dreadnoughts fired but too our astonishment great tentacles grappled a Queen Elizabeth class dreadnought and drug it down cracking it in twain
>12 inch guns fired point blank from other ships fighting the many great beasts appendages
>Fishmen swarmed one battlecruiser as men on the deck valiantly fought to stave them off
>This day marked the end of the war to end all human wars as we found our other threat
>The deep ones
>>
>>54127512
>because you would create holes in the hull

A Zeppelin's balloon is made up of a couple dozen or so separate cells. A hole in one will cause the hydrogen or helium inside to eventually leak out (though it'll probably take awhile unless it's a big hole), but the remaining cells would be just fine and probably negligibly effect its ability to fly.
>>
File: BaronZepelliAv.png (704KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
BaronZepelliAv.png
704KB, 625x625px
Make it a Zeppeli setting and I am sold.
>>
>>54127485
After a certain point in the War they became virtual suicide missions, so you better get ready for TPKs
>>
>>54130377
all good campaigns should have the threat of TPK looming overhead.

have the PCs start a few months before the war breaks out and you'll be good. its a while until incendiary bullets are equipped on aircraft. (half way through 1916 iirc?)

It actually takes quite a bit of fire to take down a zeppelin in the early years. Doesn't make it any easier considering German Zeppelins had 5 to 10 machine guns on them.
>>
>>54132133
Also remember that zeppelins could operate at higher altitude that early war plane could, that was their true advantage
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.