/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MtG Standard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 19

File: ammiteternal.jpg (43KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
ammiteternal.jpg
43KB, 265x370px
This is crazy
>>
>>54125853
Combine it with Hapatra or Scarab Nest for your own shitty, standard-playable noosegraf mob.
>>
>>54125853
question is, is it worth making a black red -1/-1 for scorpion god or stick with BG -1/-1 to have hapatra and nest coverage with a possible onward boost
>>
>>54125853
This would only be gut if dark ritual were in the format
>>
File: m-779-018_1.png (182KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
m-779-018_1.png
182KB, 265x370px
>>54126352
????
>>
>>54126365
???
Not standard legal anon
>>
File: 200_s.gif (29KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
29KB, 356x200px
>>54126365
Obviously you can play that in constructed Anon. Just don't mind me while I call a judge to get a free win
>>
>>54126365

Bark Ritual?
>>
>>54125853
>Zombie Crocodile Demon.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT SOUNDS AWESOME
>>
>>54126352
You might get REALLY lucky in a draft or something.
>>
>>54125853
It seems pretty nice actually.

Assuming you play it on turn 3, it'll be a 5/5 to start. If your opponent wants to try and abuse its ability, they can probably squeeze out 2 spells at most to make it a 3/3. By the time you can swing with it, you've still got a 3/3 for 3 that'll deal 3 damage if they block it, and it'll take out most other things that have been played in the early turns. If they don't block it, then it's back to a 5/5.

If there's a downside, it's that it does take a turn to really do anything, though the high toughness helps against removal to a degree
>>
>>54125853
Christ.

3 CMC, 5/5 and Afflict 3. For a creature with no down side.

Because the only spells your opponent is going to cast. Is the answer to this or get wrecked by it.
>>
>>54126955
>3 damage for 3 Mana that dies when blocked, does not have haste, and gets worst with each turn
I prefer lightning bolt, thanks
>>
>>54126947

Grasp of Darkness hits it. There's also the fact that its never going to explode into a real threat; Its rarely going to be better than a 4/4 for 3, if that.
And not hard to kill.
But if you DON'T kill it it's obnoxiously hard to deal with, it is probably going to pound you for 3 or 4 damage every turn.

The best thing about it is that it's a zombie crocodile demon.
>>
>>54126704
Invocations are tournament legal but not standard legal...
@.@
hey guys lets print cards in a standard set that they can't play...
WotC people
>>
>>54126309
Why not both.
>>
>>54127124

Shit
wait
wait
I JUST now processed the fact that this is a zombie. Zombies are already powerful in standard and there are a million ways to get a dead Ammit Eternal back onto the battlefield.
>>
It's shit. Die to Murder.
>>
>>54127124
Yeah, it dies to removal, but it's a very cheap card for something that basically needs removal in order to be dealt with properly. Otherwise you're stuck trying to whittle it down with your casts and then blocking it with something so it dies and doesn't swell back up. It'll be very easy to deal constant damage with.

And that's just assuming they simply play it and don't build around supporting it at all with things that give trample, deal with -1/-1 counters, or include any sort of Zombie support.
>>
>>54126955
>>54127124

He basically dies to lockdown. If you can stop him from attacking he'll just wither away.
>>
>>54127329

At CMC3 it has to be a serious threat in order to be worth running. In an agro deck every CMC3 creature should be a high priority target for removal. This card is never better than an unblockable 4/4 for 3, and will usually be worse, the problem is that it gives your enemy so many options for how to deal with it even when they can't spare a kill spell.

Now, when your enemy can't spare a kill spell AND they don't have any life cushion, then he starts to look scary. You can just let him through for a few turns until you have time to deal with him, or you can keep blocking and wear him down, but either of those things involve taking damage. The more of a pinch you're in the scarier he gets, of course that's true for any threat, whats special about him is that he gives your enemy options, so he becomes more powerful the less real options your enemy has.

But compare that to other cards in his weight class, Diregraff Colossus, Liliana, they all give you value over time which effectively wins the game if not answered. That's what I'm saying.

He certainly looks standard playable to me, I don't know if he'll become a $30 staple or if we'll just see people trying him out here and there.
>>
>>54125853
Whenever you cast Ammit Eternal, your opponent may grab a removal spell from his bag and cast it without paying the mana cost
>>
>>54127523
>the problem is that it gives your enemy so many options for how to deal with it even when they can't spare a kill spell.

I don't know about this. Are we talking about the "Whenever an opponent casts a spell, put a -1/-1" bit?
>>
>>54129364
Pretty obvious, breh.
>>
>>54129364
Obviously your opponent always have a kill spell or 5 spells to cast at once so it's not a problem at all.
>>
>>54129364

I know, I know, "gives your opponent options" is counterintuitive. The fact is he's going to cost you some life and if you can't afford that then you have to answer him immediately, he's a standard-playable threat.

But, if you DO have a life cushion, then you get to plan your spell order and your blocks in order to wear him down with the least effort or the least life lost. It's not Browbeat, but it has a foot in that direction, its effectiveness depending on how your opponent plays it.

You're always going to swing with Ammit Eternal, even if they play something big to block with or if attacking this turn is otherwise unadvisable, you don't gain anything by holding him back. It just shrinks, when you could have swung and at least gotten 3 life out of it. So it's one of those cards where its opponent interacts with it more than its controller does, it's autopilot for the caster but "gives options" (none of them good) to the other guy.

Its a good target for lockdown effects and damage prevention, especially vs something like Diregraff, who will give you value over time even when he can't attack.

But then, in the right deck he COULD give you value over time, I really haven't even started to think about how he combos with other zombies and other cards in general.
>>
>>54129590
Or enough chump blockers
>>
>>54129846

You lose 3 life for chump blocking. Once the zombie crocodile demon turns sideways it's just dicks all around.
>>
>>54129834
I think it could fit well into either a Zombie deck to take advantage of its general value, or a B/G deck centered around -1/-1 counters. There are a few cards that have you put -1/-1 counters on your own creatures as part of their 'cost', so putting them on something that can either remove them if it attacks directly for 1 damage or will deal 3 damage if your opponent bothers to block it could be a good siphon for them. As well, there are cards that give you tokens when -1/-1 counters are placed, which could help if your opponent decides to try and spam a bunch of low cost spells to simply kill it, since then you'll have a field of snakes and insects. A way to give it trample could also help.

Still seems a bit janky. I don't think it'll be the focus of any major deck or strategy, but it'll help supplement those that already exist.
>>
>>54125853
>creature - zombie crocodile demon
I'm amazed they can fit this much onto the space.
>>
>>54131215
I'm amazed how fucking cool that sounds.
>>
Reposting my current Mardu Scorpion God list to get some opinions and feedback on it.
Not sure if I should stick with Mardu for Grind to Dust value or switch to Jund for Hapatra and the corresponding Golgari -1/-1 stuff and maybe splash Grind to Dust in there as AOE removal.

Scorpion God Control

Creatures (16):
2x The Scorpion God
4x Banewhip Punisher
3x Vile Manifestation
4x Soul-Scar Mage
3x Archfiend of Ifnir

Spells (20):
2x Fatal Push
2x Torment of Venom
4x Claim // Fame
2x Grind // Dust
4x Magma Spray
3x Cast Out
3x Unliscenced Disintegration

Lands (24):
4x Desert of the Glorified
4x Desert of the Fervent
4x Canyon Slough
2x Plains
5x Swamp
5x Mountain

>tfw Claim to Fame almost as expensive as Scorpion God
Please don't be the next Fatal Push.
>>
File: 1468732919082.gif (14KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1468732919082.gif
14KB, 416x416px
I'm coming back to standard, help me decide what to play!

>UR Drake Cycling
2x Curious Homunculus
4x Enigma Drake
4x Curator of Mysteries
4x Hollow One

4x Unsummon
4x Magma Spray
4x Censor
4x Countervailing Winds
4x Hieroglyphic Illumination
2x Drake Haven

10x Island
6x Mountain
4x Spirebluff Canal
4x Wandering Fumarole

SB:
1x Dispel
3x Negate
1x Essence Scatter
2x Refuse // Cooperate
2x Supreme Will
3x Sweltering Suns
2x Kari Zev's Expertise

>RG Monster Madness
4x Flameblade Adept
4x Bloodrage Brawler
4x Noose Constrictor
3x Ramunap Excavator
3x Hazoret the Feverent
3x Rhonas the Indomitable
1x Glorybringer
4x Honored Hydra

3x Shock
2x Lightning Axe
4x Fiery Temper

2x Cinder Glade
4x Game Trail
4x Sheltered Thicket
10x Mountain
5x Forest

SB:
3x Prowling Serpopard
3x Glorybringer
3x Sweltering Suns
3x Life Goes On
2x Abrade
2x Manglehorn

UR one is cheaper but its mostly a buffer until Ixalan and then I will probably make another deck in different colors. RG is more expensive but a lot of these cards are ones I can see working in Ixalan with Naya midrange. Allied checklands are already confirmed, we just have to hope for a mana dork.
>>
RG maybe needs some more Madness cards. Only things that really pay off discarding are extra gods, Hydra and Fiery Temper, which realy isn't a lot of pay-off.
>>
We've all seen death shadow in modern. We know the play style. Cheap efficient threat. Recursion. Lots of interaction.

I give you standards very own (death) shadow deck

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grixis-vile-cycle/

Hear me out lads. This is pure casual jank but it is lots of fun I can assure you. I'm going through a lot of changes to find the right number cycle spells, best way to dump them and the most efficient interaction available. If you have any ideas for improvements I'd be happy to hear them.

Things going forward
-I'm going to change the shocks for lightning axe. Most of what shocks hits vile man can chump anyway and lighting axe gives me a decent graveyard pump.
- bouncing between cathartic reunion, tormenting voice and strategic planning
- drake haven or Liliana the last hope are potential main board additions

Anyways these precious weeks before PT are the best for brewing until the pros find what development missed.
>>
>>54131917
I think you need to go to at least 23 lands but you can do that easily and still maintain your goal by including one more slough and pool for the full playsets of each.
>>
File: ata.jpg (5KB, 273x185px) Image search: [Google]
ata.jpg
5KB, 273x185px
>>54125853
>mfw playing New Perspectives Combo
>mfw the deck is basically Amonkhet only cards
>mfw I crush all aggro/midrange shitters at my LGS because they don't have anything to interact with the combo
>mfw HOU standard meta is shaping up to be more of the same dumb creature decks so my shitty combo deck will still dominate

Most fun I had in Standard in a very long time
>>
>>54132409
Forgive me for being dumb, but what's the payoff after you've cycled away your whole deck?
>>
>>54132531
Game 1 and against non-reactive decks to cast Approach of the Second Sun twice.

Game 2 and alternate wincons are Kefnet and Drake Haven in the sideboard.
>>
>>54132531
You generate 14 mana and cast Approach twice.

Against control decks, like >>54132563 said, you have 3 drake havens in the sideboard.
>>
>>54132409
>build Perspectives as new deck for post rotation
>realize Weirding Wood is essential
>panic
>realize it already got a practical reprint in Amonkhet
>rejoice

I do kins of want to build some more around New Perspectives. Maybe run it in a deck with Locust God and maybe even RUG Deserts or something silly like that.
>>
>>54125853
SO HERE'S A COUNTER
BLOCK ME MAYBE?
>>
>>54132591
In this meta, Gift of Paradise is even better than Weirding Wood imo. This deck will be rotation proof for a long time
>>
>>54125853
POWERCREEP
>For 3 cmc you can get THIS at rare
>But at common you pay 3 cmc for a vanilla 3/1 at best.
>>
Just a reminder, New Perspectives is the next deck that will take over and be banned in Standard.
>>
>>54125853
it sure is crazy...

crazy BAD lol

unplayable jank, dies to removal
>>
>>54126720
Bork Ritual, adds 3 Swedish mana
>>
>>54132829
>take over
>banned
>when its main wincon has direct counters in black and white, has a bad match-up against control decks and can easily be sided against and often loses if any single combo piece is countered or destroyed
Yeah no.
>>
>>54132409
Played against someone they did it, it is a luck, either they get the vizier of tumbling sends to untap weirding wood or has to draw from the grave to keep the infinite combo going...
Btw bloodrage brawler is life
>>
>>54132829
I sit see how perspectives can get around control running a ton of counters.

With things like lost legacy transgress and so on its a hell of a lot easier to disrupt. I've exclusively ran a drake haven deck and I can tell you that it's hard to land a 3 mana enchantment when your opponent is untapped each turn.
>>
>>54132884
I don't see. Damn these chubby fingers
>>
>>54132868
Shadow of the Grave "
>>
>>54131917
Bump for help with a decent removal package. I think Mardu vehicles will be a problem for this deck.
A third two drop that possesses a decent threat would be nice.
Thing in the ice? Kari sev?
>>
>>54132930
I hope you mean Kari Zev's expertise.
>>
>>54132409
Mono blue control is back and you're about to get fucked so hard in two weeks by every pocket full of islands around.
>>
>>54132855
Cuck mana
>>
>>54125853
For all the weird theorycraft hate this guy is getting it is pretty funny to me that they can't just appreciate a solid black beater. If they don't deal with him on first turn and straight up trade he instantly becomes a huge threat *even with no additional support* because he can't be let through without resetting their count against him and otherwise he's likely trading + afflict. The first time you give him any additional support he will be giving you board advantage.
>>
>>54129946
Pairs incredibly well with Plague Belcher and Baleful Ammit already. Black and Blue are getting way better aggro cards while red languishes with glorybringer I guess
>>
File: 1444364700759.png (400KB, 450x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444364700759.png
400KB, 450x720px
>>54133911
Speaking of which, can you make UB aggro with just stuff from Kahladesh through Devestation, or do you have to dip your toes in Innistrad for the good zombie stuff?
>>
>blue fucking black gets more zombie aggro/midrange support
>red gets 3 mana bolt

I want to try force a RDW deck because all the pieces are pretty much "there" when compared to say, theros/khans RDW but there's just no fucking burn or swiftspear-tier one drops to round it out.
>>
Is the earliest time I can cast Glorious End on my opponent's turn after they've already untapped?
What is the optimal use of Glorious End (ignoring the obvious "pack filler" comments)?
>>
File: riddleform.jpg (30KB, 243x348px) Image search: [Google]
riddleform.jpg
30KB, 243x348px
>>54133942
You might have to get creative but I think there is definite room for a U/B zombies in standard. The blue eternals work very well with the lord of the wastes too. Spellweaver eternal and riddleform with the right spells alone seems serviceable, even running Claim // Fame just for claim could be a realistic option
>>
File: firebrand archer.jpg (29KB, 243x348px) Image search: [Google]
firebrand archer.jpg
29KB, 243x348px
>>54133969
I feel like just dropping Neheb with the right play on the board in a burn/RDW deck might be a good enough finisher to help redeem how otherwise awful red seems to be
>>
>>54134036
>Neheb
>A 5 drop in mono-red aggro
No anon, I mean "Your curve stops at 3" kind aggro, with shit like Expedite, Renegade Tactics and Crash Through.

I guess it's just missing too much though compared to the deck I had in theros/khans.
No Akroan Crusader, no Goblin Rabblemaster, no Lightning Strike and no Fanatic of Mogis basically kills the deck.
Firebrand can kinda do Crusader's job I guess but it's nowhere near as backbreaking as turning your cantrips and hammerhands into 1/1's as well.

Is it just wrong to even be mono-red for aggro now? I'm finding it hard to come up with actual benefit cards besides fucking Scourge Wolf maybe and the "benefit" of being able to jam all the 1 drop red cantrips.
>>
>>54133426
BLACKED mana
>>
>>54134186
Yeah but in an aggro deck if you're getting guaranteed damage per turn or racing at any speed, you're turning out a lot of life loss that Neheb turns back into mana. He doesn't have to do anything but show up the turn the blood gets shed and then you fall of the titans/some other red X
>>
>>54134186
Nothing similar to akroan crusader really hurts. Early theros mono red was able to get by with firedrinker satyr, akroan crusader, dragon mantle, arena athlete, hammer of purphoros, and titan's strength. Nevermind that it had full access to good burn with shock, mamga jet, and lightning strike, I would argue it didnt even need those.

One set gave monored enough strength to be a competitive deck, at least untill drown in sorrow was printed, than all the red cards since batttle for zendikar to now have.
>>
>3 drop 5 power zombie that gets smaller if your opponent casts spells
>it gets bigger again if it connects
>in a format with 2 ways to give zombies menace
>in a format with 2 lord effects to make it a 6/6 for 3
>one of those lord effects grants menace

Really joggin the noggin.
>>
File: sligh.jpg (460KB, 1852x613px) Image search: [Google]
sligh.jpg
460KB, 1852x613px
>>54134186
>>54134273

i've been playing this. it's p.good until G: gain a thousand life becomes common.
>>
>>54133298
you mean mono blue aggro is a thing...
>>
A friend of mine has been teaching me the basics of MtG and he'll be taking me to a draft tournament once the new expansion comes out. Does anyone have any tips?
>>
>>54137228
dont fuck up
>>
>>54132864
>has a bad match-up against control decks and can easily be sided against and often loses if any single combo piece is countered or destroyed

So did aetherworks. its banned.
Wizard will capitulate if enough people cry about not being able to stop it.
>>
>>54137228
Start with cards that are just good, don't immediately lock into one or two color for your first few draft picks

Try to figure out what colors the guys next to you are drafting by seeing which are rarely handed to you (maybe keep some notes).

Creatures are more important than spells in the latest set

Try to get a nice mana curve
>>
>>54137228
BREAD
Bombs
Removal
Evasion
Attackers/Abilities
Dirt
>>
>>54137228
I'd just like to sincerely thank you for posting in here instead of the Modern thread.
>>
>>54137509
Aetherworks had no way to stop it apart from exactly one specific counterspell and countering it before it hit the board.

Perspectives loses to any counter spell, any enchantment destruction or Gideon's Intervention/Lost Legacy. That's a lot more shit that Marvel. Not to mention that Marvel as a card was much more terrible design and actively preventing WotC from printing any big bombs.
>>
>>54133426
am I a cuck for playing black?
should I just go mono white for maximum 1488ness?
>>
File: NUT.png (67KB, 187x170px) Image search: [Google]
NUT.png
67KB, 187x170px
>When you nut and she keeps sucking.
>>
ok, so, tell me again now, why do we have 300 board wipes in standard?
>>
>>54140612
Because only 2 are playable.
>>
File: EvocationFocusWizards.jpg (85KB, 750x621px) Image search: [Google]
EvocationFocusWizards.jpg
85KB, 750x621px
>>54132409
God I hope I play against you at least once. Before my deck rotates out. I actually main 2 Insults for Alpha Strikes and it's so fucking delicious to play against New Perspectives.
>>
File: 1476009765905.jpg (699KB, 1200x1734px) Image search: [Google]
1476009765905.jpg
699KB, 1200x1734px
>>54138061
Disposses was fucking amazing against it. You could even hit the deck a second time to remove Gearhulks.
>>
>>54136646
Apologies its more UG counter control: what's a graveyard edition
>>
>>54135920
2x Expedite will help you get there.
>>
>>Mfw we went all the way to fucking Kaladesh and still don't have a burn deck
>>
>>54133911
It really grinds my gears that Black and Blue got all of the aggressive Afflict creatures.

Whey the fuck does Blue have the 2/1 with Prowess and Afflict:2 for two mana?
>>
>>54141962
plane of technology...
>burn deck
What are you... Rules and regulations keep work place incidents to a minimum thank you very much.
>>
>>54134036
if this dealt 2 damage instead of 1, this shit would've been the overpowered bear to finish the cycle Harsh Mentor couldn't complete.
>>
Anybody else gonna try to force monument?
I'm just getting back into standard after a short break for college and the list is really easy for me to build from my old spirits cards, plus I havent really gotten to play a grindy standard deck since jeskai black.
I'm a little concerned about abrade and hour of devastation but my shop isn't that competitive anyway so I think I can still have a good time either way.
>>
File: 1493749324904.webm (333KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
1493749324904.webm
333KB, 250x150px
Anyone got any good mono-blue or Grixis control decklists? I'm interested in trying out control this standard
>>
>>54134005
Opponent's upkeep
As a response to your opponent casting his first spell / an important bomb at his turn. You effectively countered that spell and ends his turn too. Or cast it after your opponent declared an alpha strike. Really depends on what you need.
>>
>>54131445
cycling is a meme in standard, IT SOUNDS decent and playable until you start playtesting with and realize not establishing an early creature-heavy board is an auto loss.
The only form of slow deck that works right now is gearhulk because it's as you can guess based around abusing a creature.

RG would be way more fun anyways but 25 lands is too much.
>>
>>54142776
... as a player that faced a cycle approach deck that had 0 creatures but vizier of tumbling sands that they cycle anyway to untap weirding wood...
it can work but is a luck game
>>
>>54140612
To make absolutely sure you know that Amonkhet is fucked.
>>
>>54140946
>only 2 are playable
ohohoho
>>
>>54142688
>88
google
mono blue reservoir

r/u version wouldnt be too bad either
>>
File: en_fcpZmrD4nz.png (186KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_fcpZmrD4nz.png
186KB, 265x370px
Watching the pre-pre-release that was done by loadingreadylive, pic related seemed to do some work.
Also, why do we not have any LIZARD WIZARD cards?
>>
>>54138061
>Aetherworks had no way to stop it apart from exactly one specific Counterspell

There were two actually, not counting the dozen or so general counterspells that counter everything. Also are you seriously ignoring the fact that artifact destruction exists?
>>
So what's the closest to a cycle shenanigans, living end type deck available in standard? I want to go black for the archfiend and stuff, but what are some other cheaper cycles? Do I have to go blue for it?
>>
>>54145760
If you try to blow up the Marvel, they just use it and get something, because they're not going to bother dropping it until they can activate it.
Of course, they've already got priority and have already activated it by the time you can even cast that artifact destruction spell.
Countering it works. Countering the activated ability works. Nothing else does.
>>
>>54145778
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grixis-vile-cycle/

I built and posted this earlier. I also have UR drake haven deck in my folder. I'm trying to find the right balance between both decks. I think grixis needs main board obstructionists or drake haven but I'm struggling to find the space. As we'll as enough removal and cycle to keep Vile man nice and big.
>>
>>54145318
Grim Lavamancer is a lizard wizard (has an Obstinate Familiar on his shoulder).
>>
>still no big-ass Simic shit to ramp into
We've had Kiora in standard for ages, got a Simic ramp Enchantment, a Simic Nissa, Simic mana dorks but no real pay-off for all that ramping and mana generating. Fucking sucks.
>>
File: guetk5s0wm4z.jpg (78KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
guetk5s0wm4z.jpg
78KB, 1334x750px
I'm going to do a G/W cat and cat tokens deck with :
Sacred Cat
Adorned Pouncer
Pride Sovereign
Regal Caracal
Felidar Guardian
Processed Anointment
Panharmonicon

Should I :
> stay WG and add more ramp/protection/boost ?
> add Blue for counter/protection/card draw/blink ?
>add Red for burn and Fling my 16/16 Pride Sovereign ?
>>
>>54148929
>Felidar Guardian
Hell no you aren't, it's banned you twit.
>>
File: Samut.png (130KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Samut.png
130KB, 223x311px
>>54148929

Add red for burn, fling and Samut as top end to untap your Pride Sovereign
>>
>>54148964
Oh fuck I forgot.
Why can't they ban a combination of cards instead ?
Felidar Guardian only is problematic when paired with Saheeli.
I'm still going to play it with friends
>>54148967
I'm probably doing this, Naya seems so fun.
>>
>>54131354
Self bump because thw thread's more active now.

Main change I came up with in the meantime is dropping some amount of Claim//Fame, since the only real value target is exactly Vile Manifestation.
>>
Anyone brewed up a God-Pharaoh's Gift or Abandoned Sarcophagus deck yet?

Both of them look like pretty sweet cards.
>>
>>54148658
>sad walking ballista.mp4

>>54149055
I might just cut out the white entirely, but claiming your soul-scar mage isn't a bad pay-off. I'd scrap the torment of venoms and unlicensed disintegrations for Cut // Ribbons and maybe an Hour of Devastation or two.
>>
>>54150153
Not the anon you replied to but I have a grixis deck with vile man and claim to fame. Claims targets are glint sleeve siphoned and vile man. What other decent two drops in grixis colour can I grab with claim. Soul scar seems like a neat idea desu.
>>
>>54142256
>chandra's homeworld
>not a good reason to print burn spells

tg might not be one person, but we're all retarded together
>>
>>54149008
They tried doing that but then it became hard for timmies to keep track of so they dropped it.
>>
>>54127172
playable in limited only you mong
>>
>>54150826
Chandra is only relevant because if they put Tibalt in the gateswatch, their Red hate would be too overt
>>
>>54150814
Honestly from Amonkhet at least: Earthshaker Khenra, Bloodrage Brawler, Spellweaver eternal, cards like tattered mummy, miasmic mummy, and even festering mummy, and wretched camel could be good targets. Shadowstorm vizier, and flameblade adept would also fit a cycling deck. Harsh mentor would definitely appreciate the added staying power. Obviously it works with stuff like walking ballista given the right shell.
>>
>>54150153
Walking ballista is okay but it isnt evasive. Sure you can slam it down as a 4/4 or 5/5 maybe but i can always just push it and you only get the 4-5 damage in response. In a simic ramp deck that probably isn't enough to win.

Try kefnet & rhonas together, maybe along with something evasive like glyph keeper.
>>
>>54151942
>kefnet and rhonas together
Why not simic godz n vehicles

>its turn 6
>kefnet and rhonas both enter the battlefield struttin they stuff
>immediately crew a heart of kiran and a skysovereign
>your opponent has no choice but to scoop in the face of a vulture in a blimp and a snek on a plane
>>
>>54150153
Cutting white was an option, but I feel like I'd probably have to go 3 color with things either way if I want to profit off of Scorpion God, as Rakdos doesn't feel like it has enough support for -1/-1 on its own.

I did consider Hour of Devastation as a legit 5-drop to clear the board for my turn 6 but I'm unsure how good that actually is in practice in the coming meta. Suppose Cut // Ribbons is never a bad idea to run, true.
>>
>>54152134
Sweltering suns is another really good option and the added ability to cycle it or play it while not killing your vile manifestation is definitely worth looking into
>>
>>54152134
If you're really wed to the unlicensed disintegration you should include a mana rock or abandoned sarcophagus. The former gives you the access to the little white mana that you need to cast Cast out or Dust while enabling the disintegration to actually really create some value, and the latter can be a devastating late game drop that let's you recur a Sweltering Suns or replay an archfiend even. I can't stress how many good cards there are in UBR in standard right now provided the ability to replay them because of dropping Sarcophagus after use. Hollow one is similarly a card that could get you a lot of usage and activates unlicensed disintegration. Razaketh's rite and without weakness also have a lot of value behind it.
>>
>>54150846
And any constructed format they are legal in, ya dingus.
>>
>>54125853
>dismember
>terminate
>path
>swords
>cantrip into bolt
>snap bolt
Crazy, yeah, CRAZY DEAD

>>54148654
The Lavamancer is sitting on its human familiar.
>>
File: Crook of Condemnation [HOU].png (179KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Crook of Condemnation [HOU].png
179KB, 265x370px
we boobies now
>>
>>54152408

Nobody is excepting a big dumb beater like this to be relevant in Modern you autist.
>>
>>54152449
How is a turn three 5/5 thats more like a 4/4 crazy in standard?
>>
>>54152480
Because standard has far less good removal to deal with it. Most decks now run like 3-6 removal spells at most, and a lot of them deal damage rather than just destroying/exiling so the 5 (or 4 or w/e) toughness might matter.
>>
>>54152480

Because this set provides enough support to actually make a -1/-1 counter strategy potentially viable and in that strategy it constantly putting counters on itself would be upside, not downside.
>>
>>54152480
>3 mana beater zombie that can't be multiblocked and purges counters on contact

You really shouldn't need this spelled out to you.

>What is trades up or even guaranteed
>What is value
>>
>>54152449
Doesn't the black shitter with Delve see play in Modern? At least did until Ruse Cruise got banned.
>>
>>54152567
A 5/5 for B is better than a 5/5 with downside for 2B
>>
>>54152536
>can't be multiblocked
Huh, it did just occur to me that Afflict triggers per blocker. That's pretty cool.

>>54152520
>>54152526
Thanks dudes.
>>
>>54152567

Tasigur is play as a 1-off or 2-off and as such will usually be a 1-2 mana 4/5 that can also give you continual card advantage with his activated ability.

He's so much better than this dumb crocodile it doesn't even compare
>>
>>54152611
Listen... afflict? It's good.
>>
>>54152611
>>54152536
Afflict only triggers once per combat, no matter how many blockers are assigned to the afflict creature.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/hour-devastation-mechanics-2017-06-16
>>
>>54152779
Welp guess we can't have anything good after all
>>
>>54131279
How do you zombify a demon tho?
>>
Is a desert deck worth it even as a memebrew once the Gitrog rotates? They're a really cool design concept, and i cannot bear not to take advantage of a standard legal Crucible. Maybe as a burn deck with repeatable Sunscorched, the wall that pings and maybe faith of the devoted triggered by cycling lands? Ghirapur Orrery could also be good spice.
>>
>>54153572
If you're going desert memebrew it should have the hydra, shefet monitor and the 5 mana ramp that makes 2 zombies.
>>
>>54153540
Very carefully.
>>
>>54153572
Ifnir dreadlands
Sunscorched Desert
Hostile Desert
maaaaybe ramunap ruins
Hour of Promise
Grasping dunes
Dunes of the dead

There's probably some other desert interactions that are worth looking into. Just need tremble reprinted now
>>
>>54153636
Ifnir dreadlands are really good but so damn slow. Ramunap ruins + Ramunap Excavator + Dunes/Sunscorched = 3 damage/2 damage + a 2/2 per turn at only 4 mana that can potentially start on turn 4, and even on an empty hand. Of course it's a memebrew that gets fucked by removals but it still looks solid.
>>
>>54152658
Not THAT good. Reread.
>>
>>54153781
You could throw in endless sands for some evasion for the excavator?
>>
>>54135920

Ever consider Furyblade vampire as a 2 drop? Discarding temper/lands to make a 4/2 trampler is nice. Do you not have Hazoret in the deck? She is pretty good I found when youre normally just dumping your hand anyways. I like consuming fevor too, though trample is not there, but there is lots of menace going on.
>>
>>54153949
Eh, it seems to be a bomb in limited, but that doesn't always translate of course, but certain ones I believe that will shine above such as the blue one that draws cards.
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.