[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it ok?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

>Setting is a mix of magic and science
>party of 5 gets a job of assassination
>they have to kill a team of mages
>also the guy who gave them the job says something about the mages not having to get in contact with a powerful mercenary
>the powerful mercenary is the nemesis of one PC
>they decide to kill the mercenary with a plan, but they were able to completely avoid mentioning the name with the PC that actually had him as nemesis, that just got drunk and then did some random investigations afterwards without knowing anything.
>the plan consist on them contacting the mercenary with the classic "We have a job for you and money, come here and we will discuss"
>the one to answer was only a minion, and they know it, but they insisted on the "real deal" showing up.
>the minion was skeptical during the entire call
>in the end they just say "Ok, we'll come here in 2 hours.

Now, I though of doing this:
>Instead of him showing up a couple of minions will.
>They will ask to know the people and to see the money first (and they don't have it) before the big boss will show up
>Probably a fight will start because of this

I'm ok with a fight, but in your opinion /tg/ will my players rage even if it a matter of common sense for a seasoned mercenary not showing up like an idiot? Does it sound too forced? Will they scream "oh you just want to wait for the guy so he will fight his nemesis"?
Am I being too paranoid?
>>
>>54124768

Maybe the nemesis Merc knows his nemesis PC is in town, and having done some investigation of his own, knows the other PCs are associated with him. The merc decides to try to find out what they know and then kill them, using minions without showing up in person.

But wait, why the fuck isn't that first PC there anyway? What's this party splitting all for?
>>
>>54124854
No, he doesn't know about him being in town, he doesn't care, he barely consider him as a "nemesis" is more like a one sided thing.

>But wait, why the fuck isn't that first PC there anyway? What's this party splitting all for?
They were in the same "apartment zone" all party was finally able to gather, and the PC just said "I started drinking and got drunk in the meantime" (That's okeish, because he is alcoholic as a character flaw, but it was like 1 pm).
>They had an appointment with the guy who got them the job to talk about the future reward
>one of the guys told him "We need to talk all together about the job" he just said "leave me alone, I'll be there for the appointment".
>Afterwards another PC just decided let's just conjure one of his worst fears in the room so he will come out!
>He comes out
>A brawl was about to start, but they just decided to say fuck it
>they tried to convince him one last time, but without knowing the thing about his nemesis they just didn't come up with it (otherwise he would've rushed like a madman I guess), and the drunk just decided to stay there doing nothing and then investigatin' about the other PCs past.
>>
>>54125011

I'd say that if the drunk PC's player is willing to go this far to bum around doing nothing then just have the meet scene play out with the other PCs as realistically as you can.
>>
>>54125100
>if the drunk PC's player is willing to go this far to bum around doing nothing then just have the meet scene play out with the other PCs as realistically as you can.
What do you mean with as realistically as I can? Just send the minions and see what happens?
One of my friends also suggested to make the minions tell the location of his "lair" if they are tortured/incentivated in the correct way, and to create the lair with more minions and traps, and the guy just running/fighting based on the situation, but leaving clues behind if he runs away.
Or shall I just go with the rote
>Ok my minions, these guys are suspicious, go and check on them,
>if everything is alright I'll show up,
>I'll see you in 1 hour, otherwise I'll just say fuck it
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.