[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >Playing with some friends in a pirate fantasy setting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>Be me
>Playing with some friends in a pirate fantasy setting.
>Fast forward a bit.
>Character is revealed to be a changeling
>Ship has no privacy.
>Get weapon.
>Changeacter comes in.
>"I heard you through the wall. I don't trust changelings"
>"But anon how would you hear them they were outside of the ship"
>ignores the fact that the ship has NO PRIVACY even after i explain
>mfw

So. What are your "Disregard plot. Aquire currency" experiences.
>>
>>54124103
>ship has no privacy
>they changed while outside the ship

I don't see why you would know they were a changeling if that was meant to be a secret. Unless they change on board, everything is fine.

And even then, you're assuming NO PRIVACY implies that literally everyone on board is omniscient about everything everyone else on board is doing at all times.

That means you will never have spies, or stowaways, or traitors, or any number of other things, because apparently everyone can see through every wall and hear a mouse in the aft deck taking a piss.

If you meant no privacy as in it being so close quarters that there was -someone- aboard who would see or hear you, and then tell everyone else, that's one thing, but at that point it's still questionable. I mean, what stops any character from just accusing a random crewmember of being a changeling, and just saying they overheard it? That's about as trustworthy as a random crewmember spreading around that they overheard the real changeling. At best, it'd be a rumor.

This all seems really strange and I'm also unsure what the problem is.
>>
>>54124179
No they revealed it to another character who was suspicious (in character of course.)

They were like a couple feet away from the ship, If we assume the fact that the ship is built equally. That means my character would of heard it no matter what.
>>
>>54124219
Okay, I go back to my original statement

>Ship has no privacy
>changeling reveals themselves off ship

The problem here is not only you interpreting 'No privacy' as the ship having paper thin walls that everyone can see and hear through, but qlso assuming that applies to a conversation held outside the ship.

You sound like a bit of a dick
>>
>>54124282
I wouldn't say "See" but i would DEFINITELY say hear, Plus it was dead quiet.

It was a bit thick, But only enough to barely muffle it to only straight up whispers would be blotted out, They weren't whispering (They didn't pass notes)

I even told the DM to roll perception to see if i could hear it but then they genuinely rigged it to be a failure (I could tell, They announced it in a mundane manner rather than a excited manner.)
>>
>>54124386

Ships are pretty noisy actually. People tramping about, the noise of the sea, the creaking of the timbers, the ruffling of the sails, cannons being cleaned, decks being swabbed, powder monkeys being raped, provisions being eaten, shanties being sung, and several dozen conversations.
>>
>>54124472
It was only a crew of 5 or such, Minus 2 you got Me, The captain and the Rogue.

Plus it was anchored to the beach.
>>
>>54124386
>Plus it was dead quiet
>ship full of crew
>next to a dock full of all sorts of other people milling about
>guy in the bunk next to you is probably snoring (no privacy so you hear that crystal clear
>waves of the ocean are making noise
>random other conversations going on elsewhere in this paper-thin ship
>seagulls
>but did somebody just whisper that they were a changeling?

>I even told the DM to roll perception to see if i could hear it but then they genuinely rigged it to be a failure

So you asked the DM if you could roll perception to overhear them, and the DM told you that you failed?

Well then guess what cunt? You fucking failed and didn't hear shit

>B-but he rigged it!

Tough luck. He clearly didn't want you overhearing it or abusing this 'No privacy' thing that's going on.

You're just a metagaming asshole.
>>
>>54124386

When you say they were "outside" the ship, do you mean the main hull was between you and the other characters? Because if so, we're talking several feet of hard timber if it's a reasonably well-built vessel. Unless there was an open hatch or something through which their voices drifted, I'd say it's within reason for your character to not have heard them. Hell, if they're outside the ship, then they're outside the realm of No Privacy, anyway.
>>
>>54124503
Is this like a rowboat, or is it an actual sailing ship of any reasonable size?

>Plus it was anchored to the beach.

That's not how anchors or beaches work. Did you run aground or something?
>>
>>54124523
I'd say it was a average size ship, I felt like the word "Parked" just kinda didn't fit.

Also can we stop arguing, Captcha is asking me to do shit.
>>
>>54124550
Yes, we can stop arguing, because it's painfully obvious that you shouldn't have overheard the conversation. The logic of the 'No Privacy' rule says the shore doesn't count. Basic logic of how sound works says you shouldn't be hearing random conversations through the hull over other noise. And the DM said you failed your perception check.
>>
>>54124588
Alright alright, I get it.
I still have my suspicions about the perception check dealio though.
>>
>>54124650
You can stop being a metagaming fuckwit. Won't stop you from being a normal fuckwit, but that's just life.
>>
>>54124656
Ok fine, Even though i had no intention of metagaming.
>>
>>54124699
>Listen in to other players having a conversation in a place your character isn't
>Ask the DM if you can hear them
>He says no
>Act on facts you learned from listening to the conversation anyway

Yeah, you clearly didn't intend on metagaming. You just did it by mistake, surely.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.