[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEW OUTSIDER PAGE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 22

File: outsider p119.jpg (237KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
outsider p119.jpg
237KB, 825x1200px
>>
>>54123437
How many more pages will it take for the apocalypse jokes to stop?
>>
File: LOSS FOR WORDS.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
LOSS FOR WORDS.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>54123437
>Multiple updates in the same goddamned year

He's gonna have a heart attack and die before we get any more pages, isn't he?
>>
File: 1489788931348.png (93KB, 240x350px) Image search: [Google]
1489788931348.png
93KB, 240x350px
>>54123437
>>
File: 1491444417664.gif (1022KB, 297x199px) Image search: [Google]
1491444417664.gif
1022KB, 297x199px
>>54123437
>>
>>54123437
Postin' inna woods now. Take care.
>>
>>54123493
We've had FIVE pages this year. He seems to have genuinely picked up the pace once he started using Patreon as a funding mechanism.
>>
>>54123437

> sphess cutebolds

Fuck yeah
>>
>>54123437
Holy shit. With this kind of update schedule, we might be able to actually start discussing what's going on!

So, Jardin was a confirmed "tactical genius" at the academy. I think what's going to happen is that the space elves are going to point out Seren and Sala-128 on the map, and Jardin is going to say he thinks this attack is a feint/diversion/trap.

The bugs attack against Stillstorm's smaller fleet was a field-test of the stealth-field: since they snuck-up successfully they've gotten confirmation it works, and now they're going to use it to start striking at targets deep in elf-space. This big visible attack is to divert the elf fleets/scouts in the sector, and leave a clear passage to valuable targets behind the frontlines. Probably Seren, so Jardin is there when it gets hit.

The elves have been relying on their far-seeing too long, and their strategies will take a while to adapt to fog-of-war being a thing again.
>>
>>54123818
>The elves have been relying on their far-seeing too long, and their strategies will take a while to adapt to fog-of-war being a thing again.
I've known this was going to be a plot thread since it was revealed that humans can't be farseen.
>>
>>54123570
Can you imagine?
>Makes creating comics his full-time job.
>Drops down a page a year because now he wants perfect pages.
>Has to find back another job.
>>
>>54123818

I think I read somewhere that the author is going to have Jardin play 4d space chess against one of the tacticians of the elves to prove to them he knows his shit. I don't see how they'd let him as a male and a whole separate species do much besides consulting.
>>
File: 1498630257883.png (113KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1498630257883.png
113KB, 800x800px
>>54123437
Sign of the end times brothers.
>>
>>54123658

Pshaw, Blue cutebold. Somewhere out there is the true cutebold homeworld.
>>
>>54124070

I'd mock, but the "brilliant young staff officer" has been an IRL thing, and it isn't as if that isn't nearly the *only* kind of officer the Loroi have.

Jardin isn't even a noob, technically. He shares career experience with a lot of Loroi (commissioned, on a ship that got blown the hell up in its first engagement).
>>
>>54124506
Hey I can believe Arioch can pull it off, but it's going to be a lot like expecting a Siberian with broken English to explain to a bunch of WW2 British officers how to fight off the Blitz and expecting them to go along with what the Siberian says. Even if he is a really good bridge player.

Just gonna be a tough sell. Kinda wanna see it happen. In 10 years
>>
>>54123658
They aren't cutebolds. They are just Yet Another Space Elf Race that happens to send only females into space so the lone human male they meet can inspire reader harem fantasies.
>>
>>54123493
It's because patreon.
>>
>>54124080
There have been a lot of these recently.
>>
>>54123437
You're telling me this AFTER i have fapped?
>>
>>54123818
You're probably right.
I'd be dissapointed if you weren't.
>>
>>54123437
Those orgasm faces.
>>
>>54125140
He means the blue Asura from GW2 that you see in one frame.
>>
>>54123818
I may eat my hat if this doesn't happen.
>>
>>54125228
I thought it was because he's finally finished the majority of his part in that space game he did the art for
>>
>>54123437
NO it's impossible!
>>
>>54123482
I don't know. I just get this odd surprised feeling. Its like going outside and seeing people rowing a boat down the road. "What? What."
>>
File: aw shiet.png (136KB, 422x435px) Image search: [Google]
aw shiet.png
136KB, 422x435px
>>54123437
>>54123482
They have only just begun.
>>
>>54124506

But the "brilliant young officer" effect in real life is related to adaptation to changes in military technology. The young officers do better because they aren't seeped in now outdated thinking and are able to more effectively use the new tech. I don't know that that will apply in this instance.
>>
>>54126421
He isn't seeped in Loroi tactics relying on far seeing or other psychic shenanigans
>>
I don't know how in the fuck any of you can find that blue floppy eared monstrosity cute.
>>
>>54126437

Fair point, and that's honestly what it's going to be, just saying it's not a direct parallel. More like an officer from a different military tradition that happens to be young than the classic brilliant young officer of history.
>>
File: 1498098016602.jpg (95KB, 540x407px) Image search: [Google]
1498098016602.jpg
95KB, 540x407px
>>54123437
I Emailed this son of a bitch like a year ago telling him our fans were joking that we'd never release before his next page. He's a nice guy, but I was sure we were safe. Now he's cranking out pages like the fist of the north star and we've just barely hit our deadlines.

FUCK. At least we get space elves.
>>
>>54126421
>But the "brilliant young officer" effect in real life is related to adaptation to changes in military technology.

Not really.
I know a real life Ender and he was Kobayashi Maruing right up until he retired.
Even today he still makes new technology adoptees eat crow when he gets roped into consulting
>>
File: outsider104[1].jpg (320KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
outsider104[1].jpg
320KB, 825x1200px
Is Tempo supposed to remind me of a succubus? What I wouldn't do to hold hips like those from behind.
>>
>>54127576
Ah, my man.

You too see that Tempo is the best girl.
>>
>>54125543
Sure enough! My bad.
>>
>>54123493
He has recently started working on the first DLC for his pet vidya game project, so the comic should be slowing down to his normal pace after page 120 or 121. He already has the next page or two partially finished, so we will be getting at least one more after this before the next hiatus.
>>
>>54126445

I'm honestly surprised you don't. Just look at it, those beady little goat eyes, that derpy trunk for a nose, those floppy ears, and his serious, slightly worried perturbed expression, it's all so damned adorable!
>>
File: 2cfvaqb.jpg (23KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
2cfvaqb.jpg
23KB, 800x530px
>>54126445

He reminds me of the Asura from Guild Wars and I always thought they were pretty cute.
>>
>>54123437

Well, Beryl is taking the incipient end of all things well.
>>
was that lewd fanfiction ever updated? I don't feel like reading the same three chapters over and over...
>>
>>54129499

I don't believe it ever was, which is a crying shame because it seems to have died before it even got to the lewds.
>>
>>54127681

Please don't remind me, let's just pretend this happy period continues forever.
>>
>>54123437

I just realized he cut out the speech bubbles from the Loroi being surprised he can't read trade.
>>
File: outsider christmas.jpg (137KB, 626x737px) Image search: [Google]
outsider christmas.jpg
137KB, 626x737px
>>54123482
A category 5 update.
>>
>>54129682
>2005 is over 12 years ago

I'm old!!!
>>
Take your bets on which elf Jardin fucks first. I predict Tempo. Canonically Arioch said he'd probably end up with fireblade due to *chemistry* but you never know if he's just fucking with you when it comes to shit like that.
>>
>>54131591

We all know it'll be Beryl.
>>
File: fireblade (5).png (303KB, 600x981px) Image search: [Google]
fireblade (5).png
303KB, 600x981px
>>54131591
>Canonically Arioch said he'd probably end up with fireblade due to *chemistry*

This pleases me.
>>
>>54131591
Isn't there actual art by Arioch of Jardin and Beryl kissing.

So yeah probably Beryl.
>>
I also think Tempo is gonna snatch him up while the others, namely Beryl, squander their chances by not being forward enough.
>>
>>54131971
I don't think the space elves have a problem with being forward.
>>
>>54131939
It's probably just fan service.

It's much more credible she'd be a turn off at the last second and he'd be more inclined to bang one or both of the pilots.
>>
I'm thinking that the blue space elves don't do sarcasm and would consider it a form of lying.
>>
I think it's scary I've been following this comic for almost 9 years.
>>
>>54131971
While I hope for three chapters of Tempo and assistant sex scenes, I'm doubtful that it'll be her. She is a spy, political officer and trained diplomat.

The pilots are way more likely. Especially Talon.
>Pilots have a feeling for each other.
>Your hand is really warm

If she were a human woman, it would be a done deal by now.
>>
>>54132083
I started reading when Fireblade entered Jardins jail cell. Back at the beginning of chapter 1.
>>
>>54131591
>Anything else than Talon
>>
>>54132195
>>54132284
I feel like Talon and Jardin are going to build up a fair bit of tension, but it will end in a hilarious misunderstanding rather than boots knocking
>>
>>54123437
Unabashedly fucking ugly
>>
Ok, hypothetical scenario time.

You must choose from one of the following.
1. Your favourite Loroi becomes your gf, but she has a certain fetish you must indulge in.
2. Stillstorm cuts your balls in two.

What fetish would make you pick option 2?

My answer
Tempo and she really likes to deny me orgasms with her telekinesis, every single time.
>>
>>54123437
Talon best girl. The end times are now. Inna woods.
>>
>>54127576
I can't quite read Beryl's expression in the fourth panel. She's surprised, obviously, but I can't tell whether there's an element of "dammit, now I won't have Jardin all to myself" in it.
>>
>>54132509
Shock and worry. It's a lot like a soldier hearing of a big offensive the enemy has started. In this case the big offensive can only be a surprise with new stealth technology. Whose existence was so far discarded as a bluff and mind game of the enemy, yet still had Beryl very worried when entering the Highland.
>>
>>54129677
Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe its being moved to the next page?
>>
>>54132509
I think it's the surprise of very young and inexperienced officer who thought they were finally in charge of their very own cool, important assignment and who realizes that fantasy is about to be snatched away the instant they see hear their superior officer's footfalls heading towards them. She was already fantasizing about the medals the Emperor was going to personally pin on her uniform when Tempo showed up and smashed that daydream to pieces.
>>
>>54133337

She is having what started out as a good day turn out badly. I wonder if her "don't worry, this is routine" gig is BS.
>>
>>54131591
Probably Beryl, Fireblade was just his animu phase and he's probably past that
>>
These threads probably wouldn't be so cringe-inducing if it wasn't really apparent that you were just trying to drum up forced conversation to bump this thread.
>>
>>54133904
Hush, people are having fun
>>
>>54131591
Beryl.

Fireblade can't even communicate with him properly. She's oathsworn to forsake spoken language and he has no sanzai ability. Talon is more of a bro and Tempo is clearly a conniving manipulator.
>>
>>54133591
That's a given. Beryl is on edge. Not only is Jardin potentially the scientific, political and militaric find of the century, there's also this whole new technology of the enemy thing going on.

Beryl has been on edge since entering the shuttle. Ever since the message from Mr. Bug Beryl and other scientists worked overtime to find every bit of information on how the Umiak were able to avoid detection.

Now there is apparently another huge surprise attack on the frontline somewhere.

>>54133884
Isn't Beryl also pretty anime? Quirky, young science girl with an alien fetish?
>>
>>54134144
>Isn't Beryl also pretty anime? Quirky, young science girl with an alien fetish?

That helps the MC keep his feet through the initial culture shock. Frequently best girl (or herm, Knights of Sidonia is a thing), but never final girl, anon.
>>
File: nam.png (107KB, 210x263px) Image search: [Google]
nam.png
107KB, 210x263px
>>54123437
Beryl looks like if one more waifu elf enters their ship she's gonna go ballistic.
>>
>>54134211
Oh yeah, it's about who fucks him first. Yes, that's possible then. Then again, she might be coming on too strong and too overbearingly. Jardin doesn't strike me as the guy who wants to be mothered.

My money is still on Talon. The pilots seem relaxed and laid back. They're rank and file, they don't care about reglementations as much as the officers.
>>
>>54134211
Final girl is usually the first one, despite rarely being best girl. Damn Japs and their lack of taste.

Though Beryl is pretty damn close to being best girl here.
>>
>>54134293

>Jardin doesn't strike me as the guy who wants to be mothered.

I'm kind of expecting Beryl to turn out to be a complete Loroi pervert- monogamous, maternal instincts, open minded about gender roles.

>and to have been ostracized for it, the least popular officer on the ship, no friends
>Jardin is her fantasy husbando
>>
>>54134603
She may be a pervert for human dick, but she is actively enforcing gender roles. Reread the pages when Beryl and Alex meet again in Chapter 2. She literally said she's going to take very good care of her little baby boy.

>and to have been ostracized for it, the least popular officer on the ship, no friends
That's actually Fireblade. She comes from a war torn hellhole and has no childhood friends left alive. Then she started shipboard duty and was the sole survivor of her ship, losing all her comrades, twice. That's right, they blew up her ship and all her friends twice. That she survived was incredible lucky. As a result the Loroi view her now as a bad omen, since luck has to be balanced out with bad luck sometime, right?

Now she suffers from PTSD because as a child she had to watch the real life version of japanese cartoons [lewd] with bugs and all her aunts. The other Loroi can "hear" her scream at night, since telepaths.

What I'm saying is that Fireblade, like any broken woman probably has a BDSM fetish.
>>
>>54123818

The problem with writing a tactical genius is that few writers are. Arioch will have to shovel in Jardin as an epoxy of some military grunt, forcing the story to be a rehash of history.

Honestly I don't know what Arioch wants to showcase with this whole project. 'Humanity is weak in the face of alien empires'? 'Look, blue tits'? Or what?
>>
>>54135580
>'Humanity is weak in the face of alien empires'?

It's Masters of Orion fanfic, remember.
Humanity isn't weak, it's just that their racial bonus is a slow burn until it becomes OP in the endgame.
>>
>>54134211
I adored Tsumugi, but izana should have won the Nagatebowl.

>>54134221
She is indeed having a very bad day.

That mental image-- a possessive Beryl snapping at the other elf waifus in an attempt to keep Jardin for herself-- is hilarious, though.

Beryl a cute. Cute!

>>54133904
I learned about the comic from the last thread, and I like it, though the update tempo is frustrating. (How many years has Beryl spent waiting to fuck Jardin? This is cruelty to space elves, I tell you.)
>>
File: 1494738779577.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1494738779577.gif
1MB, 540x304px
>>54136098
>>54134211
... Did Izana not win the Nagatebowl?
I haven't read the manga much further than the anime dropped off at and knowing this I don't think I'll have the heart to continue.
>>
>>54134211
>Izana lost
Please stop reminding me
>>
>>54135695

But isn't our racial bonus just that we're not detectable by the Loroi? That would make more sense if we were fighting them for the Umiak, but it seems we're going for blue all the way. Other than that all we are is a flanking opportunity for the Loroi into Umiak space.
>>
>>54136395
Humaniti has the "Creative" bonus from MoO
Basically their research and development will kick into overdrive at the endgame

The Loroi and their allies are all operating on stagnant tech from a dead empire, and the Loroi themselves are a tech level or two behind even because they haphazardly slapdashed their tech together from blueprints borrowed from the Historians.
Humaniti is comparatively stone-aged, but once they join up and are trusted with full access they will innovate and improve upon it.

Loroi society is such that ideas take forever and a day to propagate and take hold, it took them a few thousand years to get from atmospheric flight to space and they only got into space because they found space ship blueprints from the dead empire.
Humaniti did it quicker and from its own efforts.

Granted this is all decade old lore and the author has decided to make his story less anime since, but this is the original premise.
>>
>>54132509
... Isn't tempo a spy/political officer?

I'd shit my pants if space-elf covert-ops commissar wanted to join me for a ride as well.
>>
>>54136629
>the author has decided to make his story less anime since
I'm still mad about that.
>>
>>54123437
Apropos of nothing, but god damn I hate it when comics have speech bubbles with random words bolded. Makes it seem like the characters are putting emphasis on all the wrong words, like they're robots who don't understand English.
>>
>>54136232
>>54136254
Aw fuck I should have spoilered that. I am genuinely sorry.

>>54136629
The Loroi sex ratio is hard to explain in evolutionary terms without invoking group selection, and the group selection answer implies that they have an incredibly violent past that makes humanity look like a bunch of hippy-dippy pacifists. (Importantly, though, it doesn't imply that the modern Loroi are that warlike.) When I read the comic, that was my first thought regarding the potential advantages of humanity: we are probably far more mellow than the Loroi are, with a consonant degree of academic freedom and scientific progress.
>>
>>54136871
At least in this page, I just read it like everybody's being a bit more dramatic than they need to be, as if the spirit of Shatner was watching over them
>>
>>54136894

Loroi sex ratio (number of wombs is a greater barrier to population growth than the number of cocks) and young maturation is supposed to keep them as fast-breeding shock troops or cannon fodder for Soia. Probably fodder given that only a tiny minority has combat grade telekinesis, though they don't like the idea.
>>
>>54136894
wait, we are the the ENGINEERS of the galaxy there?
the omes that make and improve things?
>>
>>54136981
That's a pretty old scifi trope, anon. Even in Star Trek, human Starfleet engineers were half a step from actual wizards and we went from flightless to warp flight in 160 years even. This scared the shit out of the Vulcans, Romulans, and Klingons when they found out.
>>
>>54137030
for being an old trope i dont think i seen it much

will be fun seeing it unfold though
>>
>>54123437
>new page
Holy fuck am I going to die this year.
>>
>>54137076
>will be fun seeing it unfold though

Nope!
The war kicking into high gear and Humaniti making its galactic equivalent to Canada at Vimy Ridge are beyond the bounds of the story.
The comic is supposed to focus entirely on the early contact days, the harem of blue space elves squabbling over who gets to win the Jardinbowl.
>>
>>54137266
>jardinbowl
twenty on beryl!
>>
>>54136969
A high female:male ratio probably IS what you want for high population growth. However, individual-level selection favors a 50:50 send ratio, because as you tilt in one direction or the other (more girls than boys, or vice versa), it becomes more advantageous for an individual to have offspring with the less-prevalent sex, so selection drives the ratio back to 50:50. However, it's theoretically possible for selection between groups to overpower selection between individuals, meaning that group-level traits-- like a high rate of population growth-- would be favored over individual-level ones. (This has an equivalent inclusive-fitness formulation, but it's much less intuitive, I think.) To make a long story short, group selection is normally far weaker than individual-level selection, but it could be a factor if you had a lot of competition between stable groups of social animals. Wars might, in principle, fit the bill. For humanity, however, they have typically been demographically insignificant (I'm getting this from an American Scientist article on Lewis Fry Richardson's book "The Statistics of Deadly Quarrels": https://www.stat.berkeley.edu/~aldous/157/Papers/hayes.pdf ). Group selection has been proposed as a factor in human evolution, but it's not remotely strong enough to significantly bias sex ratios. The Loroi sex ratio suggests that their wars were comparatively massive and frequent. However, it doesn't mean that the modern Loroi are necessarily horrible; they might also have experienced strong selection for cooperation, and it's possible that the less belligerent Loroi ultimately came out on top.
>>
>>54137430

I'm going to cover the spread, an unlikely last-ditch alliance of Tempest personnel to secure Jardin from the jaded randy bitches up the social ladder that never lack for men anyway. Nervously cored by Beryl, with Firestorm as the enforcer, Tempo in it for the merry devilment, and Talon for the occasional D.
>>
>>54137543

Loroi are creations of Soia so there is no selective pressure behind their sex ratio, it's hard-wired. Their template is implied to be ancient Homo Sapiens, so naturally evolved they likely would not have that kind of ratio.
>>
>>54137788
actually im pretty sure that the soia straight up graved the humans and when town with the genome

remember the balsalam guy eary in the comic? he talkied like the humans where the coming of something important or the proof of something
>>
>>54137851
Jesus christ turn off your auto complete you silly phoneposter
>>
>>54137851

We know what that meant. Barsam believe all Soia (blue) races are equal and created from template races. Loroi on the other hand claim they are direct descendants of the Soia and thus better than other blues which pisses the Barsam off. Since no Loroi template race had been found, Barsam had nothing to prove Loroi wrong. Humans appearing validates their view..
>>
>>54138201
that makes a compeling point on the loroi just blasting humans into molecules
because if is true they loose a lot of standing on the allies
>>
>>54136777

I still haven't found the source for that change in story direction. Any chance you could link me that depressing factoid so I may begin the grieving process?
>>
>>54138281

The other allied/client races consider Soia thing just superfluous myth, so that won't have effect on anyone besides Barsam and Loroi nationalist circles.

>The Neridi officially endorse the Loroi view of history, though in private they don't take such matters as seriously as their Loroi and Barsam cousins do. There is a famous Neridi joke that the Soia were really plants, and it's the misesa grains that are their true (and most prolific) descendants, who benefited more than any other organism from the rise and fall of the empire. Delrias humorists have noted that since most of the non-sentient Soia-Liron plant and animal species seem to be intended as food items, perhaps it can be inferred that the Loroi, Barsam and Neridi were also created to be eaten.
>>
>>54137788
Well, I've only read the comic, not the supplemental information. I hope I wrote something interesting anyway.
>>
>>54123437
- The label at the yellow dot at the end of the blue path spells "Neres" - as trade language is read right-to-left that would be Seren. The large blue text are the same symbols which makes sense as Seren is in the Seren Sector.
- The red dot with the white circle is Naam, the system where Bellarmine was destroyed.
- The star marked by red triangles is Sala-128, the system currently under attack.
- The Blue-And-Yellow marker is Alex's currently position at the Leido Crossroads.
- The yellow star one jump down and to the left from Alex's current position is Azimol (Not on the current route).
>>
>>54138969
That is some good spotting anon, thanks.
>>
>>54136629

I think the best way to describe it is that while human ships have inferior versions of almost everything, they did develop all of that relevant technology themselves from scratch. The Loroi based their initial shit on Soia stuff, got weapons tech from the Delrias, then got even more weapons from the Historians. They didn't actually develop anything from scratch.

The only things you could say Humans don't have an equivalent to pre contact are antimatter weapons and energy shields.
>>
>>54138969
Well translated!

What I wonder, is what's behind Talon's speech bubble. If it's what it looks like, a simple non-tangled area of space, then the course they've plotted (presuming it's the blue-line) goes far further south than necessary. They're purposely taking many more jumps than they need to to get to Seren, going via an unremarkable system labeled simply "A" (a waypoint marker?).

My theory is that Tempo has diverted them, which is why Beryl has been looking so surprised.
>>
>>54140005
Safety, I guess. The transport goes deeper in the Seren sector to avoid eventual Umiak attacks coming from the Charred Steppes.
>>
>>54138508

The Loroi *are* Loroi nationalist circles.
>>
Unless I'm missing something here the Blue Space Amazon Elves have squandered a tactical advantage for 25 years. If they have/had a form of FTL sensor, which their opponents lacked, what was stopping them from raiding deep into Bug space and attacking their industrial base? Hell, the fact that they could detect enemy ships at a distance that they could not be detected would be a massive advantage on the offensive. Is there something I overlooked?
>>
>>54143160
Bug space has an infinity of bugs in it and they have no qualms stripmining entire planets to the very core, their industrial base is the entirety of bug space.
>>
>>54143160
Bugs swarm. The Loroi can't spare the ships for a Doolittle Raid on bugTokyo.
>>
>>54143160
Bugs pretty much are living off space station because they're turning every planetoid into a giant factory
>>
>>54143247
>>54143258
>>54143272
And those are all very important details I missed. Thanks anons.
>>
>>54143160
Farsensing and the setting's FTL have limits. They need huge amplifiers just to do what they're currently doing, they can't peer that deep into bug space to identify targets without bringing those extremely valuable assets into bugspace. Even if they could, they wouldn't be able to act on that info because their jump drives are star-by-star (so they can't just jump straight to the heart or to the other side of bugspace), require fuel (so they need a supply chain), and it has predicable safe entry/exit points, making blockades practical.

Deep strikes would end the war and both sides know it, but they either need an alternate FTL system or a jump route that goes around the heavily defended front lines. That's why humanity isn't even trying to hide, both sides are slowly expanding in their general direction hoping to find a flanking route.
>>
so... what's the deal with invisibility shit that the humans have?
>>
>>54143507

Which is probably what's currently saving Alex's ass. Earth HAS that route already mapped out and confirmation it leads into annexed planets away from the front lines. Getting that data to open up an entire new front, and catch the Umiak with their pants down, would either end the war or change it fundamentally.

The only problem is the Loroi have no sense of goddamn urgency. Alex should have been on a ship to someplace with the authority to make that call way sooner.
>>
>>54143621
I mean, the Loroi still believe he's an Umiak psyops weapon.
That's kind of why they're giving him an express ride off the frontlines, so they can interrogate him thoroughly.
>>
>>54143621
Also it looks like the Umiak just switched up doctrines with this new offensive.
>>
>>54143621
The Umiak's fucked up infiltration attempts have made them justifiably paranoid. They've had to deal with elfbots, Loroi infiltrators trained from birth, Umiak brains transplanted into Loroi bodies... there's a non-zero chance Alex is a very sophisticated weapon programmed to say he has gamechanging info for the sole purpose of spewing poisonous cum all over their leaders. Or that they became aware of the Soia descendant claims and created a fake template species to lower morale and/or inflame tensions between the Union races.
>>
Bugs have the superior navy, blueberry sluts get out
>>
>>54143926
Tempo is best girl. But the Umiak are fucking cool.
>>
>>54143621
>The only problem is the Loroi have no sense of goddamn urgency. Alex should have been on a ship to someplace with the authority to make that call way sooner.
It's been like three days in-universe and Jardin was unconscious for half of it.
>>
>>54123437
>six divisions worth of ships appearing out of the blue
Is this something that the elves can repel? Do we even know what assets they have in the region?
>>
>>54143597
That's a plot point that I'm betting will be explored about 5 minutes before the Second Coming.
>>
>>54144418
Its larger than the usual attrition attacks where they haphazardly throw old ships at the front line, but doesn't seem to be in the "oh shit game over" zone.
>>
File: laughing Calvin's mom.jpg (14KB, 150x145px) Image search: [Google]
laughing Calvin's mom.jpg
14KB, 150x145px
>>54144424
So in September, then?
http://rapturewatch.net/2017-watch
>>
>>54144418
Big enough to blow through their picket line, not enough to threaten a strong point on their own.
>>
>>54145141
If he keeps updating at this rate, quite possibly.
>>
>>54145141

You know i do not get these people. The book outright says no one shall know the day of His coming. A lot. if their holy book tells them they cannot know the hour of His coming, why the hell do they think they can know it?
>>
>>54145301
Evangelical Christians have been convinced that the end is soon-ish for a while now. That's why they support Israel - Jews in charge of the Holy Land is one of the preconditions for the end of days, so they're trying to hurry it along.
>>
File: it's time doggo.png (115KB, 358x374px) Image search: [Google]
it's time doggo.png
115KB, 358x374px
>>54145184
Casualties are casualties. And surprise attacks can be hard to recover from.
>>
>>54145301
No one wants to be on the toilet when Jesus shows up.
>>
>>54144240
Tempo is a milf.
>>
>>54145590
Pretty much all of them are milfs.
>>
>>54145615
Everyone in this comic is a milf (aside from Jardin).

Even the Umiak.
>>
>>54145625

Fire blade too is not a milf.
>>
>>54145663
Jardin's working on that.
>>
>>54145625

That's going to be a fucked up conversation. Imagine everyone in the room saying they've all already got kids off somewhere and haven't really kept track of it.
>>
>>54143888

The obvious issue being that Alex hasn't actually said anything about having any kind of information. As far as they're concerned he just kind of showed up in a ship that has no resemblance to enemy designs and said some shit about there being a bunch of planets of guys like him. Shit, his priority isn't even meeting important people, he just wants to get to a supply tanker and go home. Meeting important people was THEIR decision.
>>
File: ryoko Thumbs up.jpg (22KB, 297x400px) Image search: [Google]
ryoko Thumbs up.jpg
22KB, 297x400px
>>54145663
That's why she's gonna win.
>>
>>54145184

The obvious assumption is this group either has some trump card, or it's a diversion for something else, which would be a Trump card alone.
>>
>>54145937
>WE ARE GOING TO BUILD A SPACE WALL
>AND THE UMIAK ARE GOING TO PAY FOR IT
>>
>>54134075
Citation? Never saw anything suggesting she 'cannot' talk only that she doesn't want to.
>>
>>54146079
>>54145937
Is it a meme now to capitalize the word Trump even when not talking about the president?
>>
File: x_fireblade7.jpg (105KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
x_fireblade7.jpg
105KB, 720x644px
>>54146447
Why doesn't Fireblade speak?
It is traditional for all Teidar to use telepathy instead of speech whenever possible. The first reason: it's considered rude and indicates a lack of trust or an attempt at deceit. The second reason is that it's considered cowardly; you refuse a telepathic connection when you're trying to prevent a potentially unfriendly Loroi from penetrating your telepathic defenses. Teidar are "Unsheathed", ready for a fight at all times, and are not supposed to betray any fear or doubt in their own psionic abilities. This is why Teidar trainees are prohibited from speaking: so they have to develop their telepathic defenses. Therefore, when a Teidar speaks aloud to you (in a case where she could use telepathy insead), it is an open declaration of hostile intent, usually in the form of a challenge or an ultimatum.
>>
>>54137030
>>54136981
>>54137076
Humans being 'wizards' in star trek is mostly attributed to 2 things: an instinctual capacity for tools (we are primates after all) and a reckless ignorance of/disregard for sensible limitations and behavior
>>
>>54132083
You probably don't know the joy of following Berserk, then.
>>
>>54147895
Nope, just a spelling error
>>
>>54135580
It's easy to make a tactical genius character. You being the writer, you're basically god, because you know everything and can do anything. You just need to guide the character properly.
>>
>>54148454
Ok, but it's not possible to talk to Alex without using speech. I'm sure she'll have to speak sometime, when no other elf is around.
>>
>>54148709
i think if its something a "we play chess" test of skill jardin has all to win, since he is the closest thing to psi-proof there is the opponent wont play with any "i know what you think" advantage

like playing poker with a guy made of stone
no way to see trough the facede
>>
>>54148709
It's easy to have other characters claim a character is a tactical genius. Actually writing one is super hard. The writer is limited by his own limitations and shortcomings. If the writer has no idea about strategy and tactics, then the character won't have an idea either. It's super easy for a writer to think of a tactical surprise his genius can pull, that turns into a bad idea with just a little bit more knowledge.
>>
>>54148838
Yes, it's assumed that the writer needs knowledge on the matter in order not to write bullshit, but beyond that it's all just a matter of making the character do the right thing at the right time and add a little bit of innovation and luck here and there. And that is easy to do when you're the one writing what is happening and what is going through everyone's mind.
>>
Is anyone else here thinking the Umiak jamming device is something like a human in a jar hooked up to an amplifier?
>>
>>54149586
Well, Bellarmine was only one of five scouts... but I think the narrow time frame makes it unlikely. Even if the Umiak had captured an Earth vessel weeks prior to Alex' shipwreck, they would still have to make sense of their prisoners. As far as I know, we don't know if Umiak can detect/use/emulate telepathy in any way either.

But IF the above prerequisites are met, I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing as the Cromags from Sliders and kept a head in an amniotic fluid hooked up to a computer.

My money's on some third party manipulating the war, though. Maybe the Historians, as they have the same plasma focus weapons as the Umiak, credited with Bellarmine's destruction, and might have wanted to eliminate a possible influence in their long game.
>>
>>54149714
>Maybe the Historians, as they have the same plasma focus weapons as the Umiak, credited with Bellarmine's destruction, and might have wanted to eliminate a possible influence in their long game.
Aren't they vastly technologically superior to both superpowers? Couldn't they just mobilize for war and win without the underhandedness?
>>
>>54149886
Maybe? But maybe that's not their style. From a race calling itself "Historians," I expect they wrote the book on both peace and war, and plan their actions deliberately while keeping an eye on past successes and mistakes.

Also, vast technoligical superiority isn't a guarantee to come out on top if the other side can just drown you in blood and bodies - see WW2, the eastern front in Germany. The Historians seem to keep only a small empire while the Umiak might have enough ships to literally weigh up a planet. The Loroi would only have to clean house after that conflict.
>>
>>54149886

They are more advanced than anything, the author threw a hint in the Insider.
>>
>>54149886
I get the impression that they're few in numbers and could get dogpiled if they go to war and everyone recognizes them as the biggest threat around.

Also, it could be that they don't care much for expansionism, and just want to keep these two interplanetary powers locked in an endless war that keeps them from infringing on Historian space.

I'm betting that once the bugs make a gain of some kind the Historians will offer the Loroi anti-anti-telepathy tech, or just better weaponry in general.

They may have blasted the Bellarmine because a new front for the Loroi may have swung the balance of power too far in their favour.
>>
That superintelligent whale-like Soia species in Historian territory which they're not letting anyone see may be the remnants of the real Soia and they're being used for something.
>>
>>54150772
>Also, it could be that they don't care much for expansionism, and just want to keep these two interplanetary powers locked in an endless war that keeps them from infringing on Historian space.

They stayed out of it until the Umiak did version 1 of the current "find an open flank" phase of the conflict by going through their territory. For an inscrutable power they have transparent enough motivations- "this is beneath us/outside our professed area of influence, but we through no strategic choice on our part have become involved in at least a limited capacity, and are involving ourselves in a limited capacity"
>>
Do we know what capacity the other races of the Union like our new kobold friend serve in? Are they just auxiliaries, or are they part of the Loroi navy?
>>
>>54145925

>posts best girl of tenchi

I hope that's a good omen for fireblade.
>>
>>54145615
>>54145625
>>54145880
They don't all have kids. The only Loroi who get so see males regularly are officers stationed in friendly territory.
>>
File: x_soroin_uni03.jpg (70KB, 534x684px) Image search: [Google]
x_soroin_uni03.jpg
70KB, 534x684px
Will we finally get to see a Loroi flag officer who isn't a bitch like Stillstorm?
>>
>>54152746

>Flag Officer
>Not a bitch

Nobody makes it to O-5 who isn't a bastard or a bitch. Every flag Officer is a political creature.
>>
>>54151465

They're the no. 2 group in the empire, but don't serve on Loroi ships. Only Loroi and the psychadellic bug dudes serve on Loroi ships.
>>
>>54152746
Am I the only one who likes Stillstorm(aside from her ridiculous name)? All of her actions so far have been reasonable given the circumstances, and her attitude is understandable given all she's been through and all the political bullshit she has to put up with. She is not a pleasant person to hang out with but she gets the job done.
>>
>>54154023
Every elf is best girl in her own special way.

Also don't bully her name, that's racist.
>>
>>54154047
that's why elf harem is best ending.
>>
>>54154280
Will this harem include the empress
>>
>>54154671
If a human ensign is dicking the Empress does that make all the elficcers equivalent to human noncoms?
>>
>>54153420
Would be neat to learn more about them and the other secondary races in the next decade
>>
Are there any good RPGs that put the focus on naval combat like outsider does?
>>
>>54156099
Traveller has some books about space battle, I think even the last moongose High guard had rules for that.
I don't remember if Stars without numbers have them tough.
Also there are a few wargames based in space fleets going at it, like firestorm armada than has it's own setting, or Full Thrust (the grandaddy of space battle wargames) than has a setting but also rules to make your own space ships.
>>
>>54151465
They were one of the races that gave an ultimatum to the Loroi to either form the Union or face a regional war against every one of their neighbors who wanted them to answer for their war crimes against a rival nation the Loroi had defeated. The Loroi were powerful enough to win such a war but their economy would not have survived it, so they were forced to the negotiating table. The kobold people were given internal autonomy and representation in the Union's legislature, and in return they agreed to drop the war crimes allegations and become the Loroi's vassals.

During the current war the kobold people contribute to the war effort mostly with industrial output. They don't contribute much to the space fleet battles except by producing parts for Loroi ships. I can't remember if they aren't allowed to have their own military or if they just don't bother because they feel it's more efficient to make ships for the Loroi to go get killed in.
>>
File: Empress-class.png (172KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Empress-class.png
172KB, 800x600px
>>54152787
But there should be at least some officers in the Loroi admiralty who are less explicitly bitchy and cold, right?

don't know how i ended up uploading that instead of what i wanted
>>
File: opal1_export.jpg (128KB, 800x828px) Image search: [Google]
opal1_export.jpg
128KB, 800x828px
>>54152746
>>
>>54151787

I'm pretty sure they've come up with a recent innovation where you pop out a kid after graduation, then go die in the war.
>>
>>54151787
Actually the Loroi who graduate from their castes academies, or whatever the term is in Outsider, they are given the chance to become pregnant by a male. Whether they do get pregnant or not is left to chance but all of the newly graduated cadets are given the opportunity to do so no matter their status
Thread posts: 186
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.