[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brewing a Card Game, Got advice /tg/ ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: channn.jpg (263KB, 324x1112px) Image search: [Google]
channn.jpg
263KB, 324x1112px
All the info about the game is on the pic. I have been refining this idea for two months now every time I got time for it. It went from Holy Roman Empire game based around building control to a colony on a mineral rich planet. Combat system was inspired by "Wizard Kings" board game, at first I did not want to change the original concept. But now it only uses initiative from that game, as other elements aren't compatible with a card game.

What i forgot to mention is that the ability taps the monster. I have more cards made, I will show them eventually but too lazy to type them out atm.
>>
>>54120396
>Got advice /tg/ ?
Yeah. Don't
>>
>>54120396
There are too many moving parts and too much bookkeeping. You would need a notepad and damage counters to play this game effectively, and even then you could still lose track of a lot of shit.

Additionally, you make some visual design choices that clog up play. Consider putting a number for Initiative instead of multiple squares.

It's somewhat hard to tell because of the lack of explanation on how playing units works, but the way initiative and beacons work makes having lots of smaller units significantly better than having one or two larger units. Assuming there's some sort of resource (based on the image you gave of a card), it's likely easier to place lots of small units, which a large unit can only hit one of, which would in turn cause you to lose a beacon, but you can easily overwhelm a larger unit with a number of smaller units, which makes investing in larger units a very sub-optimal play. You'll have to specifically design larger units with this in mind, and/or balance the Beacon system to be based on the value of the units, not the quantity of the units.
>>
Do you have tabletop simulator on your PC? Or one of the many free alternatives available that allow you to import custom card designs? How about a few cheap decks of cards (physical) and a Sharpie?

You've got ideas and that's great but what you need to do now is slap together a little prototype just to get a feel for it. I agree with the other anon in that it sounds like a lot of moving parts but I'm biased since I like my ccgs pretty simple. Still, when you start to play test you'll automatically figure out what works and what doesn't and what instances and situations you haven't prepared rules for.

Don't feel like you need to make 2 full decks of vastly different cards, just make a few of each type and play mirror matches.
>>
>>54122611
Units can target whom they want to attack. There will be units whom can block an attack directed at another unit for taping. The problem you mentioned about big guys i never tought about, i hope initiative will fix that as you get a chance to knock out some attackers, maybe i should put something like AoE on giant units, like dealing 1 damage to w/e attacks it. Yes the level of book keeping is quite bothersom now that you mentioned it, I should cut the treasury. Maybe that will reduce it.

>Money
>Bits/Slain Unit Value
>Beacons

Considering beacons won't change that fast it should not pose a problem.

>>54122740
I haven't heard of any free simulators, rn I cant play with ppl as they are away. Would be insterested into playing solo on a software cuz I cant print cards and i know how long it takes to make hand made proxies.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.