[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much carte blanche does a military dictatorship/despot's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 554px-NroL23W.jpg (58KB, 554x599px) Image search: [Google]
554px-NroL23W.jpg
58KB, 554x599px
How much carte blanche does a military dictatorship/despot's soldiers get when it comes to killing civilians or would be dissidents in a fictional setting like GoT or Warhammer?
>>
>>54117915
As much as the writer decides I would imagine.
>>
>>54117915
All of it. They have all the white cards.
>>
>>54117915
In the latter, so long as the tithes are given he can kill however the fuck many he wants.
>>
In a fictional setting like GoT or Warhammer? Which one do you want? They're different settings.

Like, if I was talking about Warhammer 40k? specifically, I'd say that military dictatorships can do whatever the fuck they want - as long as a Planetary Governor keeps things from fucking up too bad and pays his tithes, no one cares.

But if you're just talking about in general, fuck, I don't know. Eventually too many deaths means that everything becomes shaky and unstable, or there's less people to work. If you're going to massacre everyone in a region for the sake of clearing out rebels, you better have orders from higher up to justify it.
>>
>>54117915

You don't want too kill many workers. Someone has to pay taxes.
>>
>>54117915

The Imperium literally funds clan wars to keep the most aggressive clans competing for the largest tithes they can donate for lasguns, armor, and other shiny toys.

Basically, if it keeps the tithes coming in and on time, it's okay. Well, certain restrictions apply with accordance to Imperial Creed, but otherwise whatever keeps it moving.

So some planets might run with military efficiency, while others are just rugged hard-workers who have a tough but otherwise unremarkable life, to despotic hellholes where abuse of power is rife and horrible.
>>
>>54117915
Might makes right in both settings. You might need to be a bit more specific with your question
>>
Complete carte blanche, with the understanding that if you kill enough people, they DO rebel.

Unless they're Korean.
>>
Civilian casualties are expected when a lot of space marine chapters operate planet-side, with some exceptions such as the Salamanders who actually give a damn about the civilian populace.

I think in a 40k setting, so long as it's not outright wanton slaughter, you're fine,
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.