[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>This is a reminder to strip your figures of their paint at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_mw17ko1Mpp1rhfrmeo1_1280.jpg (86KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mw17ko1Mpp1rhfrmeo1_1280.jpg
86KB, 640x640px
>This is a reminder to strip your figures of their paint at least once per year
>>
Why? I am a dummy/newbie
>>
>stripping paints
What?
>>
>>54112460
Seems silly given how much effort you put into painting them. What's your rationalization?
>>
>>54112460
Sage worthless threads.
>>
>>54112460

What if it takes me longer than a year to paint my shit
>>
>>54113077
Take smaller shits then
>>
why tho
>>
>>54112460

I cannot begin to comprehend why one would do this. Except perhaps to repaint them after having improved one's technique, but even that is a stretch.
>>
How is it /tg/ is incapable of spotting an absolute retard-tier shitpost?
>>
>>54114619
You don't strip your minis?

are you some kind of shitter?
>>
>>54116278
Everybody poops, anon.
>>
>>54112460
t. paint salesman
>>
>>54112460
I have stuff I painted like 6 years ago that look faded and awful. I've often considered it.
>>
>>54112460
Turning this thread into something useful

What is a good solution to strip your paints and erease glue without damaging the plastic?
>>
>>54116476
Even pope?
>>
>>54112460
Good job damaging your model genius.
>>
>>54116627
Simple Green for americans, dettol for bongs.

I've also got something called biostrip I got off ebay that works incredibly well.
>>
>>54116636
What about the larger europe? Is there some french or german stuff i can get?shipping from bongistan is a fraud
>>
>>54116627

>>54116636
This is good. Airbrush cleaner is also good, but pretty expensive.
>>
>>54116636
Can you recommend something for a Kraut? Ordering stuff from outside the main Euro Zone is a pain, I swear they delay shipment from the United Bongdom just to fuck with them for Brexit.
>>
>>54116653

Grüne Seife if you're German. Just let it soak for a few days, harmless to plastic.
>>
File: 41Jjvd0uxVL._SY355_.jpg (17KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
41Jjvd0uxVL._SY355_.jpg
17KB, 355x355px
>>54116653
>>54116669
I'm a bong, so I can't really help. Can you get Dettol over there?

How much is fuse biostrip on ebay for you guys? It was £5 with shipping for me and has worked fine on everything from rogue trader rhinos to modern marines.
>>
>>54116627
Super Clean. Comes in big gallon jugs for a few bucks. It burns through paint and glue like noones business, just wear gloves.
>>
>>54116669

See,

>>54116675
>>
>>54116695
Doesn't that eat plastic?
>>
>>54116704
I just found a tupperware full of minis that I forgot to take out of the it last week. They're fine.

Maybe you're thinking of a different super clean? The one I use comes in a big purple jug.
>>
>>54116685
I never really checked, gonna try and see if i can get some off ebay.

Does dettol come with instructions and safe use rules? I'm not really used to handling solvents and might fuck something up
>>
>>54116741
it's a disinfectant. just dump minis in it for a few days and the paint comes off, you'll need a toothbrush for some of it.
>>
>>54116636
I've never had much luck with Simple Green; it's not ineffective, but it requires a lot of hard scrubbing compared to using nail polish on pewter minis.
>>
>>54116756
All specific brands and shits are for plastics and resins, where you actually care about the model. When stripping metal, you're hardly at risk of damaging the model while stripping paint, unless you go out of your way to do so.
>>
>>54112460
Fucking idiot, all that does is slowly melt the model. It'll get used to being unpainted, so the paint will stick less with each successive dunking.

Now, what you ought to do is when you, for whatever reason, feel you do not want the paint job currently on the model, instead of stripping, just paint over it.
You see, it's like giving your model a sweater, it will like being bundled up, so make sure to repaint it at least twice a month, six times during the winter.
>>
>>54116627
I've used brake fluid. Works great. Be sure to wash your mini really well after.
>>
>>54116704

It does not, I've left models submerged for like 4 months before and they came out as good as new.
>>
>>54116704
generally not.
But you should try with some sprue or something.
ESPECIALLY RESIN/FINECAST. That stuff reacts to more than plastic will.
>>
>>54116627
Those hot sauce packets from Taco Bell.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.