[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 68

File: av.jpg (172KB, 1280x2007px) Image search: [Google]
av.jpg
172KB, 1280x2007px
Previous thread: >>54094332
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-may-2017-plus-new-nook-store/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/goodbye-my-friend-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Have you ever played a African vampire? Like in Ebony Kingdom.
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>54111731
Sadly not, no ones ever had a interest so I've mostly not bothered with the book.
>>
So what would have been art actually representative of the Orders who got shortchanged with their art?
>>
Chronicles of Fagness
>>
>>54111731
>Have you ever played a African vampire? Like in Ebony Kingdom

Blackula?
>>
is Darksiders essentially an ODemon game?
>>
File: Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg (136KB, 781x509px) Image search: [Google]
Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg
136KB, 781x509px
>>54111761
>So what would have been art actually representative of the Orders who got shortchanged with their art

That's a fair question. Let's focus on the Adamantine Arrow art so as not to rehash the "it's gay so it's good" problem with the Free Council piece.

First, while I'm always up for Killing The Batman, I think a good first start for the AA art would be to have characters that look like real people, not 1980's caricatures (RIP Adam West). Swole Jawa just doesn't scream "wizard."

I would love to have seen an artist use a classic piece of military art but subtly change some of the characters to mages or depict some magic.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-most-famous-art-pieces-that-feature-military-history
>>
File: Dresden a12f3.jpg (544KB, 1800x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dresden a12f3.jpg
544KB, 1800x1080px
>>54112152
>>54111731

Hire the guy who drew a lot of the Dresden Files art.
>>
>>54112511
>Hire the guy who drew a lot of the Dresden Files art.

http://charroart.blogspot.com/
>>
The CofD needs more dinosaurs.

Discuss.
>>
>>54112651
This poster is a dinosaur. Do not respond to dinosaur posters. Report all dinosaur posts. DON'T GO INTO THE LONG GRASS.
>>
>>54112762

>RAWR
>>
>>54112651
Are there spirits of dinasours/ other extinct species or would those fall under idgiam?
>>
File: BOOGA BOOGA INDOMINUS YO.jpg (275KB, 656x920px) Image search: [Google]
BOOGA BOOGA INDOMINUS YO.jpg
275KB, 656x920px
>>54112806
IT CAN CAMOUFLAGE
>>
>>54112651
Stats for some Dinosaurs:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/793173-the-horror-show?p=1031634#post1031634

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/757974-dinosaurs-in-the-nwod?p=759955#post759955
>>
>>54112809
>Are there spirits of dinasours/ other extinct species or would those fall under idgiam?

I don't see why there wouldn't be spirits of extinct species, although they probably wouldn't be too common, and more likely found near places like museums, movie studios and schools than their old habitats. There also may be ghosts and similar creatures for dead species. However, they wouldn't be idigam, as they are more formless or perversions of spirits.
>>
>>54112812
>IT CAN CAMOUFLAGE

>Angry Thyrsus?
>>
>>54112651
>>54112855

TFW A Thousand Years of Night had no rules for Methuselahs with dinosaur ghouls summoned with blood magic
>>
>>54112651

WOD
>World of Dinosaurs
>>
>>54112910
>A Thousand Years of Night
>Methuselahs

>203 Millions Years of Night
>>
>>54113048
>>A Thousand Years of Night

I shudder to think about could still be around from those times.
>>
>>54113134
Meh, old dead wood just burns better after you fireball it.
>>
>>54113414

I don't know, if *something* has managed to survive for hundreds of millions of years, a fireball is likely only to irritate it.
>>
>>54113455
The ability to survive doesn't always equate to being really really tough.
>>
>>54113134
>The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.

>Theosophists have guessed at the awesome grandeur of the cosmic cycle wherein our world and human race form transient incidents. They have hinted at strange survivals in terms which would freeze the blood if not masked by a bland optimism.
>>
>>54113560
>The ability to survive doesn't always equate to being really really tough.

Maybe, but we're talking over 200 million years.
>>
File: MicroliteStorytellerRaces1.png (137KB, 617x670px) Image search: [Google]
MicroliteStorytellerRaces1.png
137KB, 617x670px
Liberated from scribd, the missing Microlite Storyteller Races document.

In pieces
>>
File: MicroliteStorytellerRaces2.png (122KB, 613x527px) Image search: [Google]
MicroliteStorytellerRaces2.png
122KB, 613x527px
>>
File: MicroliteStorytellerRaces3.png (63KB, 620x406px) Image search: [Google]
MicroliteStorytellerRaces3.png
63KB, 620x406px
>>
File: MicroliteStorytellerRaces4.png (138KB, 613x652px) Image search: [Google]
MicroliteStorytellerRaces4.png
138KB, 613x652px
>>
File: MicroliteStorytellerRaces5.png (157KB, 614x635px) Image search: [Google]
MicroliteStorytellerRaces5.png
157KB, 614x635px
>>
File: MicroliteStorytellerRaces6.png (80KB, 609x408px) Image search: [Google]
MicroliteStorytellerRaces6.png
80KB, 609x408px
>>
File: MicroliteStorytellerRaces7.png (134KB, 609x671px) Image search: [Google]
MicroliteStorytellerRaces7.png
134KB, 609x671px
>>
File: MicroliteStorytellerRaces8.png (127KB, 620x537px) Image search: [Google]
MicroliteStorytellerRaces8.png
127KB, 620x537px
>>
File: MicroliteStorytellerRaces9.png (76KB, 615x397px) Image search: [Google]
MicroliteStorytellerRaces9.png
76KB, 615x397px
>>
File: MicroliteStorytellerRaces10.png (73KB, 615x349px) Image search: [Google]
MicroliteStorytellerRaces10.png
73KB, 615x349px
>>
File: MicroliteStorytellerRaces11.png (148KB, 630x688px) Image search: [Google]
MicroliteStorytellerRaces11.png
148KB, 630x688px
>>
File: MicroliteStorytellerRaces12.png (67KB, 627x402px) Image search: [Google]
MicroliteStorytellerRaces12.png
67KB, 627x402px
>>
File: Microlite_Storyteller.pdf (70KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Microlite_Storyteller.pdf
70KB, 1x1px
The original document
>>
Stuart Weick is dead.

Did anyone know what he thought about M20?
>>
>>54112944
Alas, it will never be.
>>
>>54111731

My setting is Masquerade. I really like the idea of CofD Mummy and i would like to use something similiar as an antagonist in my campaign.

>Mummies are the old sorcerer kings of egypt
>the whole old Egyptian Empire was a support structure for the rituals needed to create mummies
>Vampires and mummies fought for thousands of years in old egypt (periods of Chaos where the Vamps ruled, periods of stability where the sorcerors where ahead)
>Setite ante was slain by a high Mummy
>at some point the Romans completely broke the power of the Sorcerer dynasties (Egyptian cults were able to spread through Europe bringing some mummies with them)
>nowadays mummies are very rare mostly lacking the support structure old Egypt offered
>most mummies still sheltered by cults are trying to find other mummies to create a new Empire

So a few questions:

>What the fuck is OwoD Mummy? From what i have gathered the Mummies there are guardian of the underworld or some shit.

>Would CofD Mummy be useful as an inspiration? And how does the CofD mummy powerlevel compares to OwoD vamps?

>Is my idea shit? How would you change it ?

>I am planning to establish a Mummy as a reoccuring antagonist. Not the focus of the Story but a fleshed out antagonist.
>>
>>54116401
CofD Mummy powerlevel is a wonky thing. Mummies wake up at full power; their power stat is 10 and they can do nonsense like retroactively rewrite the universe from the big bang on so that a meteor will be conveniently placed to strike whomever they're annoyed with at the momement. That power fades fast, though, and they'll be on par with the stuff a vampire can pull off by the end of a Descent.
>>
>>54111761
>So what would have been art actually representative of the Orders who got shortchanged with their art?

Adamantine arrow
>>
>>54116864
Okay that sounds like a cool idea if mummies are your main splat but really shitty for an antagonist. So i am probably better of developing my own mummies. Rewriting History is waaaaaaaay to high powerlevel for myWoD.

Thanks.
>>
>>54117058
It actually makes for great antagonists I've found. Players become mice in a game of cat and mouse and have to avoid the angry thing they just woke up by robbing long enough for anything they could do to it to actually stick. It becomes a tension thing. And mummies get back up after being killed but lose a level of powerstat to do it so the fight is never quite as done as they think. Go look their Utterances over, its some biblical plague shit but they aren't all archmage grade meteor strike bullshit. Arisen only have a few each so you could tailor powers and they lose access to the higher tiers as their sekhem naturally fades.
>>
>>54117173
Hmm. Thats sounds actually cool. A whole domain of vamps viciously hunted by a mummy but the Mummy gets slowly weaker and the Vamps start counter attacking. Afterwards the political structure is fucked because some vamps saw the sun.

The really high tier powers are not to my liking but maybe i am too biased i will give it a look.
>>
>>54116960
Lieutenant Dan?
>>
>>54111731

Yes, but I've never played a game in Africa.

1. I played an occult explorer-type vampire who was part of the Ishtar clan. That weird spirit-morality came into use when we had to pass through werewolf territory.

2. One of those "Familiar" vampires from dark ages 20 who figured out how to pact with other mages for blood in a mage game.

>>54112651

Hit up a museum for dino-spirits.
>>
>>54115841
Well ACKSHUALLY now that they've wholeheartedly accepted the idea of supporting fan-made product they themselves would never publish (the cited example being a homebrew CofD hack that puts vampires in space), the existence of World of Dinosaurs relies on the authors who are yet to contribute it to the Storytellers Vault.
>>
>>54117384
You're doing this in MtM right?

>be prince
>receive sarcophagus of what you are sure is an antediluvian and intend to diablerize for power
>whoops, its a fucking mummy

And then the mummy goes on an anti Camarilla rampage till it is finally brought down, lured back into henet, or gets distracted with a relic hunt elsewhere that maybe the player characters set up to specifically make it go away
>>
>>54117622
VtM. Brain shit itself there, my bad
>>
>>54116401
>What the fuck is OwoD Mummy?

There are three versions to OWoD Mummy. The central drama is the struggle between Horus and Set, although other Mummy groups existed in canon for other cultural areas, and the go-to twist in the early 90's books was always SURPRISE! This boss dude is a Mummy! Only he was born in 1765 and got lucky for reasons.

1st edition was proposed as a vampire antagonist. They had six virtues including the three for vampires, they had a vague backstory and they mostly served as a perverse antagonist that enjoyed dying and would be back.... but the rules surrounding return were so insane it was only applicable for huge, sweeping campaigns.

2nd was a bit better, and it came out when the whole WoD cosmology was better plotted out. Mummies slowly ebbed in power until they "died", travelled to the Tempest and various underworlds of Wraith doing virtue until they gathered the power to return. Enemies were the Setites, as well as other enemies of Apophis (including Bane Mummies). It was a glorious conjunction of Werewolf, Wraith and Vampire elements, with a unique magic and power set that could do some amazing shit.

Mummy: The Resurrection kind of sucked. First thing they did, kill off all the Horus mummies but not the Bane Mummies or other cultural Mummies because reasons, then a tiny portion of them (7 discrete parts to an Egyptian soul) lodges in Joe Normal and makes him Imbued, Egyptian Edition. It didn't have the same epic appeal.
>>
>>54117622
Oh and the real plot kicker for your guys would be that nobody knows what the fuck just happened. The aftermath can be not just a politically turbulent period but a good chance for you to force them to be occult investigators risking life and limb for knowledge of whatever fluff you want the Arisen to have be it your own invention or a straight MtC port. Which can actually work in the oWoD I think
>>
>Would CofD Mummy be useful as an inspiration? And how does the CofD mummy powerlevel compares to OwoD vamps?

Very different, the interests of CofD Mummies are tied entirely to the cult that preserves them. They wake up the Mummy every so often, to pass judgement or for ritual, but they also summon the Mummy the instant anything gets stolen from the cult. It starts out a super-powered, mindless brute, seeking out nothing but it's mission. As time passes and it's power ebbs, it begins to remember who and what it is, and starts to take it's own, individual actions. Eventually they all wind down. The CofD Mummies are the living embodiment of the old Camarilla altruism that you can always afford to outlive your opponent.... you just wait.
>>
Has anyone ever done any system hacks/conversions worth nything for WoD? I am enamored with some of the concepts in Cortex Prime and the #s line up with the steps of dice.
>>
>>54116401
>>Is my idea shit? How would you change it ?

The problem with Set being slain by Mummies is that the entire central melodrama of OWoD Mummy is Horus' followers the Amenti, as well as the remnants of the Cult of Isis, are still trudging on in an unending war against Set, in order to defeat Apophis (the Wyrm, basically). Some Mummies question this and are cast out.

If Set is slain, Horus's alliance would fracture in the peace that follows. The Changing Breeds of Egypt would quickly devolve to tribal squabbling, especially as The Silent Striders could now, in theory, come home. Pockets of Setite resistance might still continue plots for a while, but the other Clans would try to press the advantage for a while.

Then, the followers of Horus would wander eternity, consolidating their own holdings perhaps, or following their own agendas. Part of Mummy was balancing Hope for the future against Memories of the past, after all.

Therefore, your campaign would have these ancient beings like former KGB sprinkled all over the place, some of them claiming power, some claiming nostalgia, others only madness. But no matter how they are killed, they always.

Come.

Back.
>>
>>54117628
>Mummy: The Resurrection kind of sucked. First thing they did, kill off all the Horus mummies but not the Bane Mummies or other cultural Mummies because reasons, then a tiny portion of them (7 discrete parts to an Egyptian soul) lodges in Joe Normal and makes him Imbued, Egyptian Edition. It didn't have the same epic appeal.

5 parts of the soul. They didn't kill off the Horus mummies, 13 survived and are the leaders.

Big problem with MtR is that they fucked up the corebook and then released Errata for it on the White Wolf Forums. There's no copy of the archive anymore though, so the game is virtually unplayable.
>>
>>54116401
>>I am planning to establish a Mummy as a reoccuring antagonist. Not the focus of the Story but a fleshed out antagonist.

Here's an idea. Let's say a vampire in 1453 kills the wrong person. Frenzy, feeding, used the guy as a cushion from the fourth story window, whatever.

Let's also say that person was a close associate of a certain immortal from Egypt.

Let's also say that immortal kept diaries, so not even the normal amnesia of centuries could allow respite for the poor vampire, or his childer, or his childer's childer....

After over 500 years, this guy is still a thorn in the side of a particular character's bloodline (Ventrue would be perfect as the idea of legacy is so intrinsic to it's culture). This guy is the more patient version of the Terminator. Death stops him for a few decades at most. He doesn't seem to fear anything, because time already took away everything he had. He cannot die, and he has nothing left to live for but revenge.

Sad and epic, dude.

>"To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
>>
This is the real question. Can mummies be hot?
>>
>>54117786
>They didn't kill off the Horus mummies, 13 survived and are the leaders.

I thought "the spell of Life finally failed, after so many centuries etc. etc." I guess it only ended for player characters. Ravnos, all over again.
>>
>>54117830
Sure, while they're alive they look to be a person in perfect health. There's even certain charms and spells in the Mummy repertoire to boost stats for such enterprises.

You can play a hot Mummy if you want, man.
>>
>>54117864
>I thought "the spell of Life finally failed, after so many centuries etc. etc." I guess it only ended for player characters. Ravnos, all over again.
It didn't fail, it's that any of the old ilk that caught in the Underworld during the Storm got ripped apart. That's why they started shoving mummy souls into the new ones.

If you never died during or after the Storm until now, you'd be fine since the Storm ended in like 2015.
>>
>>54117881
How are mummies even made in the games? Is it just Pharaohs? Are there girl mummies? Like most people who play these games I just haven't given Mummy any notice at all.
>>
>>54117622
>>54117671
>>54117680

After reading some stuff about Cursed, the replies here and Egyptian history instead of learning for an exam i should learn for i have outlined the fluff i am going to use.

>old Egyptian empire:

They had the full magic of Mummy creation. They created quite a few but a lot of them were trapped or even destroyed by very powerful vamps (antes or reaaally old metusaleh). A slight change to MtC but they can die under very special circumstamces. In modern nights maybe a handful of mummies exist and only 1-2 have an active cult (Lost dynasties international actually is the front for a cult in myWoD). The rest of them is waiting for someone to disturb their deathless slumber to be reawakened. They don't have to sleep as often as the Mummies in MtC and their power doesn't slowly degenerate while being awake.

>middle empire:

During the turbulent anarchy that arose between the middle and the old Empire (due to Vamp shenanigans the Setite Ante was slain in this turbulent times nur took most of the Original mummies with him) the original magic was lost and the second generation mummies created in the middle empire are weaker. They are the servants of the true mummies with not nearly as much power. Basically like the servants mummies in MtC (so still fucking strong). There are more 2nd gens but they are still really rare. Maybe 10-20 or something along these lines.

>new empire:

After another period of chaos the egyptian necromancy degenerated even further. 3rd generation mummies are basically tools. No magic apart from some combat stuff and bound to the will of 1st or 2nd generation mummies. Basically the Elite hench men giving Mummy cults more firepower without having a main antagonist appear.

The Roman concquest finally destroyed the Egyptian sorcerer culture and the mummies were scattered over the Roman Empire and the World.

1/2
>>
>>54117628
All the cultural mummies were killed off, too (RIP Cabiri). The Mesoamerican mummies just invented their own Spell, while the asian mummies are not tied to the Underworld, but to Heaven
>>
>>54116960
too white and able-bodied for OPP
>>
How did the fey tie into the rest of the oWoD cosmology?
>>
>>54118002
OPP Mage stuff generally doesn't go that route. Not that I've noticed.
>>
>>54118042
depends. Dark Ages Fae or Changeling Fae?
>>
>>54118042
Poorly.

Fae were done terribly in WoD.
>>
>>54117911
They're the craftsmen of ancient Irem who were occult artisans. They were ritually sacrificed by their masters to serve for all eternity to give the really simple version
>>
>>54117911
Also yes you can make girl mummies
>>
>>54114327
The devil is this ultra-basic game which mashes up old and new wod?
>>
>>54117965
2/2

>>54117786
>>54117628
Thanks! MtC Sounds better for what i have in mind though. The rule problems only underline that.

>>54117743
>>54117828

Well myWoD isn't tied to the metaplot or the cosmology of the other splats (if other splats appear i probably rework their mythology to fit into my vampire-centric Game World).

So werewolfs are different in myWoD and not involved in that kind of stuff. The killing of Set was a phyrric victory in myWoD. It was so costly that the mummies were unable to prevent the roman concquest that shattered the empire and the cause that United all mummies.

I really love both your ideas. KGB and timeless terminators is the stuff i wanna go for.

KGB after the fall of the UDSSR really fits the theme i want to go for with mummies. Except these beings don't die After their Dream was shattered.

Mummies were the Guardians of old Empire. Immortal unchanging beings completely focused on stasis. Ironically even the static vampires proved more flexible due to their parasitic nature.

Essentially you have a bunch of old really powerful beings, connected only by old loyalties that seem worthless in these changed times.

You have a small faction of loyalists trying to recreate a new Empire. This guys are still fully convinced that they are better and destined to rule. They are lead by a 1 generation Mummy that sits in a Mountain Fortress in Switzerland. Ironically despite their superiority complex they have to hide while Chasing their naive Dream. The war is long over and even with all the power at their disposal the Vamps would exterminate them if they became careless.

Then you have a large faction of mummies only concerned with protecting a small piece of the old Empire. Maybe a special family the heirs of their old servants or old artifacts. These guys are the timeless terminators carrying out feuds with whole vampire dynasties showing the Vamps what a truly immortal Enemy is.
>>
>>54118385
3/3

These second faction, mostly consists of 2nd gen mummies that have lost their 1st gen masters in the endless wars.

Then you have a large group of mummies that are purely self serving. They only serve themselves and even cooperate with vamps if the need for that arises. The failure of their dream turned them into completely amoral beings only interested in spending Eternity as comfortable as possible and maybe gaining some power along the way.
>>
>>54118459
Sounds fine for your chronicle as you've described it. Have you even hinted vaguely to your players that mummies might be things? If not when you finally make use of them I totally suggest the old elder vampire in a sarcophagus bait. Build as much lore up around it that can convince them this is true. Rumours, actual vague historical elements, etc. Maybe decorate it with blood hieroglyph theme or something with the twist being it describes the sleeping mummy's past conflict with vampires.

You only get one chance to make the reveal of your brand of Arisen so go that extra mile!
>>
>>54118326
Microlite Storyteller is a spin-off of Microlite20, an attempt to make a stripped-down yet fully compatible game for D&D 3.X edition, without the endless builds and rules.
>>
This thread is cursed, cursed by the presence of the Arisen! The tide of sybaris rises, let the holy madness take you
>>
>>54112511
Goddamn that looks good. Who's the tramp behind Michael?
>>
>>54118977
Molly, Michael's daughter.
>>
>>54119094
Well shit, I should have used nicer words then.
>>
>>54118526
One asked me (during setting introduction, all 4 players are new to the setting, One played bloodlines) if other supernatural shit existed because i mentioned Werewolfs.

Thats actually a great idea and good bloodlines twist. At first the players think they fight against a rampaging elder with strange powers. They kill him eventually but he just comes back for them.
>>
>>54119261
In MtC mummies also look like dessicated museum mummy corpses until they sink to sekhem 8 if you want them wondering how the fuck a scraggly looking corpse is tearing a wall down or something before its flesh reforms properly
>>
File: fireworks.jpg (105KB, 880x558px) Image search: [Google]
fireworks.jpg
105KB, 880x558px
So how would Kindred respond to fireworks? I'm sure sparklers and roman candles would frenzy, but what about the large mortar ones?
>>
>>54119600
Watching at a distance would probably be fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRItYDKSqpQ would frenzy for sure.
>>
>>54119441
That actually plays in my hands. First generation mummies are endlevel threats and the players meeting one is unlikely up until 2020 ingame (we start with the embrace 1945) so the first thing they meet is a raging 2nd generation Mummy in the mid 80s (the Plot arc before the fall of the Eastern bloc and the ensuing kindred war)

As i mentioned 2nd generations are not fully functional (while 1st gens actually enjoy some advantages over your regular MtC Mummy.

So at first the players are hunted by a super strong, super fast and super resistant atrophied corpse. Rules wise i am thinking about improvising with VtM rules and some inspiration from MtC.

Once they have killed it once or twice (with explosives probably, or more realistically survived long enough) he suddenly looks like a normal human being and can use that as a nasty surprise (the spell is defective and maybe a hand or something looks still Mummy like so the players can Connect the dots) to fuck them. The weaker the Mummy gets the more suicidal and prone to Collateral damage it becomes. Banzai attacks etc.

Btw what happens with a Mummies body when its killed?
>>
>>54119600
Blows up in face or close = Frenzy
In sky = aww sparklies!
>>
>>54119707
>w what happens with a Mummies body when its killed?
When sekhem finally hits 0? They're just a corpse then but if their remains are defiled you immediately start the whole process with waking it back up at sekhem 10. If the body is completely destroyed they can come back via one of their canopic jars of which they have five. If even that is gone their cult can ritually sacrifice a person or prepare a corpse for them to inhabit as their new body.

There's no rules for getting new jars pnce yours are destroyed but my GM improvised rules where you reduce your pillar rating in the pillar associated with that organ as you rip out and ritually sanctify a new organ and jar. Essentially an exp buy but you do it through one of your power metrics for fluff reasons
>>
>>54120106
>>54119707
It actually occurs to me you meant when it is killed during its active descent without hitting 0. Then it is a corpse and the mummy soul goes on a journey through the Twilight with Anpu as your psychopomp guide back to the body. When you make it back you kick back to life, lose a level of sekhem and have five boxes of agg damage. And are extremely angry because fuck
>>
>>54118002
>>54118065
>OPP Mage stuff generally doesn't go that route. Not that I've noticed.

While DaveB definitely shares the politics of other WW writers and developers, and just like all WW books, Mage assume a more "inclusive" and "diverse" perspective overall, Dave generally tends to not be preachy and most of the sidebars or character issues are actually relevant to setting or book topic.

However, there's sometimes some poor choices in text and art, although in light of the other bad Order art, the Free Council piece is just poorly representative and goofy, rather than "in your face" political.

>CofD: Chaps
>>
>>54120106
Thanks! So even if the players do a Happy horcrux hunt they are fucked and in for a nasty Surprise. Nice.

>>54120312
Thanks! Yeah i meant that.
>>
File: Sidebars.jpg (430KB, 1274x810px) Image search: [Google]
Sidebars.jpg
430KB, 1274x810px
>>54118284
>Also yes you can make girl mummies

This is WW/OPP - gender non-binary mummies are definitely a published thing. There's also the ability of mummies to inhabit new bodies which can be of a different sex, with the included sidebars and character text to discuss, and even accuse the reader of being mentally and morally deficient if they don't like or it or use a wrong pronoun.
>>
File: Free Council Order Art.jpg (158KB, 387x926px) Image search: [Google]
Free Council Order Art.jpg
158KB, 387x926px
>>54118002
>>54118065
>>54120334

>Oops, forgot the Free Council art.
>>
>>54120343
>So even if the players do a Happy horcrux hunt they are fucked and in for a nasty Surprise
The new body trick isn't without cost or risk. It halves your memory rating and if the one conducting the ritual fucks up you get a Bad End most mummies never would face. Fuck it up and they turn into a shuankhsen as Ammut eats the majority of your soul.

That being said it isn't that hard to do right, just takes one sux on an occult check representing the ritual. Gods help you of you do it wrong though. But also a major theme of fighting mummies is "get fucked" when you as characters don't know how they work. There's smart ways to combat them, like subtly destroying cults and denying them their occult support structure but would a couple new vampires who don't even know the Arisen walk their earth think to do that?
>>
>>54120334
>>54120427

Did Dave select or approve all the Awakening art?
>>
What are, if any, the limitations to the magic of a Supernal being?

Do they have infinite reach? Cast lasting spells? Break normal rules of magic (e.g. time travel outside the lifespan of the target)?
>>
>>54120622
As the dev I think he had to approve it if not search for or commission it himself
>>
>>54120427
That's the fatherfuckin Libertine Pride parade you insensitive *phobe.
>>
File: herecomemummies.jpg (84KB, 1190x425px) Image search: [Google]
herecomemummies.jpg
84KB, 1190x425px
There's so much mummy talk in this thread which we never get usually. Sothis ascends, the turn is clearly upon us. Let us revel!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E5mYiIhzyos
>>
>>54117911
Can't speak for Chronicles, but in Old World Mummies were all created by a version of "The Spell of Life", a strange and powerful rite given to the Egyptians by a being calling itself "Thoth". Essentially, a series of blessings and prayers are said over a recently deceased or dying body (the body must still be warm, although minor spells exist to keep the body warm for hours), with the end result of the soul being bound to the flesh evermore. The exact nature of the rite is a closely guarded secret; bastardized versions were responsible for the Bane Mummies as well as the Liches in the Mage setting.

It is possible to achieve a similar effect through Alchemical processes; there are a bunch of Asian Mummies who gained immortality from an elixir, and at least one character in old sourcebooks achieved something similar (see The Arcanum)

The rite will not work on a vampire, nor will it preserve a Mage's Avatar beyond the first death. Worse, if one of the Changing Breed is made into a Mummy, they will forever be bound to the spirit world upon their first death.
>>
>>54117911
>Is it just Pharaohs?

Nope, scholars and fishermen and pharaohs and merchants, and everything in between. The Cult of Isis were recruiting Immortals for centuries.

> Are there girl mummies?
Yes. One of the Bane Mummies is a woman, too.
>>
>>54118042
Creatures of the Wyld, a humanoid form of Bygone that had adapted to the Modern Nights.
>>
People really play this Mummy shit? I love the mythology of Ancient Egypt, but everything I am reading here sounds boring as absolute fucking shit.
>>
>>54120414
jesus christ, the way you people bitch about being inclusive is incredible. Is it really so awful to be respectful? Do you know how juvenile you sound?
>>
>>54121025
Yes, people really play it. It was never as popular as the other splats, but it has potential. All the underworld adventures of Wraith, all the corruption-splattering of Werewolf, all the centuries of intrigue from Vampire... you really think that's boring? Okay man, whatever, enjoy whatever it is you do.
>>
>>54111761
For AA I imagine the following:
A supplicant swears an oath on a podium. Assembled arrows raise their staffs, rifles and swords - cheering.
>>
>>54121036
>jesus christ, the way you people bitch about being inclusive is incredible. Is it really so awful to be respectful?

You misspelled "intrusive". There's better use for sidebars than things which need not be said, much less thrust in our faces.

The sidebars are only the tip of the iceberg. It's been said before, but since the 2.0 stuff, in the flavor fiction, example text and everywhere else they could, it's been just taken to the level of absurdity. Characters' sexualities are always brought to the forefront, even when irrelevant, roughly 75% of every protagonist, and example character is gay (and as noted, such information is almost always irrelevant, and awkwardly inserted), and even more jarring, if the characters aren't LGBTQ, they are going to be the villains, or demented/rapists or in some way the antagonist/negatively presented.

That's just not inclusiveness, that's distorted, self righteous, and sick.
>>
>>54120427
As retarded as that art is, it still has a lot of able-bodied white guys in it, and characters in the books aren't generally written to be ridiculously "progressive".
>>
>>54120937
>Yes. One of the Bane Mummies is a woman, too.
Excellent. Okay, now this is the second most important question. How open are the mummies to fucking?
>>
>>54120579
Well the players are supposed to learn how my Arisen work if they survive long enough...

>>54121036
Oh come on just shut the fuck up. Zher and other special snowflake pronouns ? Really ? The only thing standing in a way of a male werewolf getting pregnant is a player not wanting to tell that story ?

Inclusive would be : Talk to your players, respect their wishes and believes like a normal human being.

Accept our super specific political beliefs otherwise you might have mental problems is not. What the fuck ? Even the more leaft leaning people i know wouldn't call someone Zher.
>>
>>54121025
Which Mummy do you mean?
>>
>>54121364
LGBTBBQ please
>>
>>54121651
I'm not the same anon, but if you want ways of foreshadowing the Mummies you can do the following:
- Ghosts that have been mystically modified and sent on errands lasting decades.
- Cultists muttering about the upcoming rise of their master. Your players might think the cultist speaks of an elder vampire, so you might want to throw in some other subtle hint.
- Chimera monsters that are an affront against this good world. They're called Amkhata, they can be made by anyone who knows the procedure, including heretic Mummies, and they hunger for life and mystic objects.
- Zombie makers. If you're in luck, your players will ask them how zombies work. Then the necromancers can claim that making superzombies is impossible, because the power required would probably leave a smoking crater, cause a rain of fish and twist your soul inside-out.
- Old Vampires mentioning players that made a splash years ago just to mysteriously vanish.
>>
>>54121828
>Your players might think the cultist speaks of an elder vampire, so you might want to throw in some other subtle hint
Being wrong based on preconceptions is generally good drama too to be fair
>>
>>54121036
>Is it really so awful to be respectful?
I could ask you the same thing. Imagine if I took something you liked and just started shoving in shit about how straight everyone is or how conventional and standard they are. Just totally spelling it out so that you couldn't miss my political and moral stances on things. Would that not annoy you? Because it's essentially the same thing that's happening here.
>>
>>54121851
Oh, yes. The thing is, there must be other hints that your players willfully ignore. It's cheating otherwise.
>>
>>54121651
Yes! Also the "Neuro-Atypical" half-page sidebar in M20 and so, so many fucking others, just wasting space. It's pure self-indulgence, it's vulgar.

And in specific regard to the unnecessary and wanton sexuality insertions in the recent editions, I will quote another /tg/ poster who really summed it up well:

>The belief that npcs or fiction should actually represent a wide array of cultures, religions, lifestyles, etc., does not equate at all with hostility to gays or other minorities. Diversity sometimes means including perspectives and people you don't like (and that does not mean using the cis, white, straight, Christian males are go-to villains)

>Even for those of us who are fairly liberal and care not one iota to whom you are sexually attracted to or what gender you identify with, it tends to become awfully tiresome and worthy of eye rolling when well over 75+% of such characters in many WW books are not only gay or trans, but that being gay or trans is the central focus of the character. When authors lack the subtlety to include such people as "normal" or mainstream, and instead bluntly beat the reading over the head with the issue time and time again, it has the effect of emphasizing how different these people are, and not always in a good way, despite the intentions of the writer. It's not pride, diversity or inclusion; it becomes pandering and virtue-signalling
>>
>>54121036
Excuse me for not wanting to cater to your brand of lunacy. I mean come on, mpreg werewolves? Made up genders? This is the lowest effort bait possible.
>>
File: 1415153959681.jpg (56KB, 479x370px) Image search: [Google]
1415153959681.jpg
56KB, 479x370px
>>54121855
Turn it up a notch.

All LGBTQ+ characters appearing and all POC characters appearing lead a lousy life. In text boxes it is explained why the good and morally upright christian characters pray every day and if you have a problem with that you are a bigot.

>>54121828

>Ghosts that have been mystically modified and sent on errands lasting decades

Awesome will do.

>Cultists muttering about the upcoming rise of their master. Your players might think the cultist speaks of an elder vampire, so you might want to throw in some other subtle hint.

Yeah i planned having cultists appear a decade earlier.

>Chimera monsters that are an affront against this good world. They're called Amkhata, they can be made by anyone who knows the procedure, including heretic Mummies, and they hunger for life and mystic objects.

Probably not to mummy specific.

>Zombie makers. If you're in luck, your players will ask them how zombies work. Then the necromancers can claim that making superzombies is impossible, because the power required would probably leave a smoking crater, cause a rain of fish and twist your soul inside-out.
>Necromancers

What do you have in mind ? What Necromancers could i use. I don't have true magic only hedgemagic in myWoD.

>Old Vampires mentioning players that made a splash years ago just to mysteriously vanish.

And they mention weird cults they don't really understand...
>>
>>54121855
Well I mean, yeah, but only because straight people have been the norm for most of modern society, and most of ancient society

Its the same reason why a straight pride parade would be in poor taste/kinda unnecessary
>>
>>54121993

>It's pure self-indulgence, it's vulgar.

This the whole shtick of this ideology is to inject it to places it doesn't belong too and then claiming that everyone opposed it just a bigot.

Fucking hell sexuality and gender are in no way a topic that has to be brought into an rpg sourcebook. What the hell. Thats like putting breast cancer awareness notes into it or some stuff like that. And that lacks the political component. Imagine some right wing live lesson shit injected.
>>
>>54122188
Except of course that CofD/WoD has always wanted to be a game where any and all personal issues, sex, sexuality and identity included, are explored
>>
>>54120914
The Asian Mummies - Wu T'ian - didn't just drink the elixir. dumped them in front of the Gates of Heaven, but also gave them the attention of the Ebon Dragon and Scarlet Phoenix who would send a servant to get all cuddled up with their soul.

It's essentially the same as with the Mummy, but their effects are less potent. And they've got a slightly more difficult road, morally.
>>
File: 1454975159000.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1454975159000.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>54122211

Would be a valid argument if it was done in a just way.

Somehow though corporations are always evil,republicans are always sexual deviants and normal sexuality is never really as central.
>>
>>54120914
Not mentioned so far are the 'other' kind of playable oWoD Mummy: The Capacocha. Like all good South Americans, they stole the good stuff. Their spell of life was remarkably shitty. They eventually aged, died and were reborn and couldn't be returned to life without a small cult/family to bring him back. These mummies were made by casting the spell and either burying the corpse in mud and herbs, baking the corpse, smoking the corpse or freezing the corpse on a mountain. They're.. weird.
>>
>>54122089
>What do you have in mind ? What Necromancers could i use. I don't have true magic only hedgemagic in myWoD.
That's not a problem. Sorcery in Mummy seems to exploit occult principles of reality, just like Hedge Magic does. Mummies do have their High-Octane-Cosmic-Power, but for normal human beings Hedge Magic is a perfect fit. Just make it seem like they know what they're doing.
>>
>>54122157
Anon, you're full of shit. It would grate you because it's obnoxious, irrelevant, and masturbatory, just like this crap is. You're just giving it a pass because it lines up with what you believe. To me there would be no difference, and there isn't one. It's hamfisted personal politics and beliefs and virtue signalling, no matter what the sexual orientation or political alignment is. Run whatever you want in your games, but don't be surprised when people react badly to this poor presentation of your beliefs when it's shoved into something they enjoy.

Way to discriminate, by the way.
>>
>>54122291
Plus it's not really connected to anything else in game. If the game is a room, uou've got the horror themes over here in one corner, some ropes leading to another corner with the hamfisted analogies in it. And then, two blocks over, is a crack house with the gender bullshit inside.
>>
>>54122211
So it would be just as acceptable to explore the other side of the coin? To have sidebars about how traditional values are under attack, how if you have a problem with Christians discriminating because of their beliefs you aren't respecting their right to religion and are being disrespectful? To have stuff about progressive media having a harmful impact on children, leading them to believe that they might have some a-typical sexual identity because they played with a barbie instead of a G.I. Joe?

If that stuff sounded stupid to you and you wouldn't like it if things in that vein were in the books, congratulations. Take that feeling and use it to empathize with the anons you're arguing with.
>>
>>54122318

>but for normal human beings Hedge Magic is a perfect fit. Just make it seem like they know what they're doing.

I like that. So a group of necromancers the players have to kill for the giovanni or something. They seem competent and ensure the players that the worst thing that they will encounter is a risen-like intelligent undead in a rotting body that sure as fuck doesn't use magic.

Good idea actually.
>>
>>54122157
A straight pride parade is in poor taste and unnecessary because sexual orientation is something personal and intimate. Flaunting it, and revelling in it is at the very least tacky, but more often just ridiculously masturbatory ego stroking.
>>
>>54122504
The Giovanni are far more likely to do it themselves. Especially given their family structure. Some low level manager would farm it out to a coterie of neonates.
>>
>>54122521
As an aside...

I fucking love the Giovanni.
>>
>>54122547
Most people do. They were flat out the most popular 'write in' bloodline in the nWoD books when they were still doing them that way.

I think of them as being modelled after the Mafia in Snow Crash. Even though they're pretty much contemporary to each other.
>>
>>54122504
Glad to help. I need to leave the screen for a while, but I can respond later.
>>
>>54122521
>>54122547

Well maybe the Giovanni are forbidden from entering the city or as you said a lowlevel family member sources it out.

>>54122588
I like your ideas. They really help fleshing out my Arisen.

>>54122471
No because christians were never surpressed yada yada. Meaning the people infavour of hamfistedly injecting their politics would never admit that.
>>
>>54122471
Okay fine, put a sidebar about how christians believe they are under attack in nations which are majority christian because people don't want to believe in their brand of voodoo

>>54122505
Because as we all know Straight People are so tactful, never displaying their affection in public in any capacity at all

>>54122378
I hope the straight people I offended don't feel too triggered that someone disagrees with them on the internet
>>
>>54122691
>Christians were never suppressed
I seriously hope it's not what these people really believe. It's almost scary.
>>
File: WoD1.png (215KB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
WoD1.png
215KB, 640x272px
>>
File: Beast The Primordial.jpg (71KB, 572x736px) Image search: [Google]
Beast The Primordial.jpg
71KB, 572x736px
>>
File: WoD2.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WoD2.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>54122696
I'm a liberal, and an atheist, and frankly they are under attack in the U.S., and much of western Europe. And you know it too. They are caricaturized and vilified openly and rampantly, and their values ridiculed and debased, and other religions even given preferential treatment by the state itself because of their association with minority followers.
>>
>>54122754
God damn Beast was a mistake
>>
File: WoD3.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WoD3.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>54122754
TEACHING PRIMORIDAL LESSONS IN FAGGOTRY!!!!!!! FEEL MY GAYNESS BULLIES!
>>
File: WoD4.png (293KB, 720x288px) Image search: [Google]
WoD4.png
293KB, 720x288px
>>
>>54122715
Thats exactly what these people believe.

>>54122696

>Okay fine, put a sidebar about how christians believe they are under attack in nations which are majority christian because people don't want to believe in their brand of voodoo

Okay fine put a sidebar in about how oppressed gay people are because they have the same exacr rights straight people have.

>Because as we all know Straight People are so tactful, never displaying their affection in public in any capacity at all

A couple loving each other is the same as a pride parade. Peak ideology son.

>I hope the straight people I offended don't feel too triggered that someone disagrees with them on the internet

So you deem trans and gay stuff as important shit that HAS to be included in urban fantasy roleplaying games ? It affects maybe 2-3% of the population. The sidebars should be about drug abuse, obesity and burglars. There is no reason other than personal beliefs to specifically inject these things.
>>
>>54122770
That's funny Anon

I'll be sure to tell the SJW conspiracy to back off of that powerful majority because people think that telling Christians they aren't the only moral/ethical Authority is mean
>>
File: WoD5.png (170KB, 720x288px) Image search: [Google]
WoD5.png
170KB, 720x288px
>>
>>54122715
No but you can point in America to much more recent cultural suppression and violence. It sucked to be gay in america for a long while and still does in places. I live in suburbia and remember seeing a guy beat up for being a faggot in high school. Though the person who did that was pretty much universally condemned.

Though if we fed gays to lions in the states I think gay pride parades might adopt a totally different character
>>
>>54122696
>Okay fine, put a sidebar about how christians believe they are under attack in nations which are majority christian because people don't want to believe in their brand of voodoo
It's not about agreeing with their beliefs, anon. It's about respecting them and their right to have them. If you want your beliefs to be respected, you should maybe start being respectful of other beliefs, otherwise you're essentially asking for special treatment, not equality.

>Because as we all know Straight People are so tactful, never displaying their affection in public in any capacity at all
What are you talking about? PDA? Handholding and kissing in public? I don't understand. Does this offend you or something? Why would it be untactful? Gay people can and do engage in PDA as well, and let's not forget the massive Gay Pride events.

>I hope the straight people I offended don't feel too triggered that someone disagrees with them on the internet
How is that even a rebuttal? You're blithely ignoring the issue in favor of lashing out. You aren't even trying to hide your bias. You're a hypocrite, anon.

And just to clarify, since you seem to have had issues with this before, I am only one of the anons you replied to.
>>
File: WoD6.png (408KB, 704x382px) Image search: [Google]
WoD6.png
408KB, 704x382px
>>
File: WoD30.gif (2MB, 450x192px) Image search: [Google]
WoD30.gif
2MB, 450x192px
>>
File: WoD8.jpg (112KB, 1012x450px) Image search: [Google]
WoD8.jpg
112KB, 1012x450px
>>
>>54122813
You aren't even making sense anymore.
>>
File: WoD10.gif (1010KB, 400x246px) Image search: [Google]
WoD10.gif
1010KB, 400x246px
>>
File: WoD11.gif (1MB, 520x285px) Image search: [Google]
WoD11.gif
1MB, 520x285px
>>
>>54122882
Oh shit monsters have learned of the power of the blanket and how to use it to their own ends. Children will never be safe again
>>
File: San check.gif (991KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
San check.gif
991KB, 500x250px
>>54122903
>>
>>54122813
It's funny how you think this is your sick little echo chamber where your pathos is normalized.
>>
File: WoD13.webm (855KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
WoD13.webm
855KB, 720x404px
>>54122942
Ahh, you left out the best part.
>>
Was their ever a Martian Mummy setting for Curse? Like, it took place countless years in the future? Am i making this up?
>>
File: Creepy Rabbit.gif (2MB, 395x350px) Image search: [Google]
Creepy Rabbit.gif
2MB, 395x350px
>>54122942
>>
File: WoD15.gif (217KB, 350x456px) Image search: [Google]
WoD15.gif
217KB, 350x456px
>>
>>54122830
>>54122882
>>54122920
>>54122930
I hate to be a little bitch here, but could you not? 2spooky4me.

>>54122942
This guy just looks cool.
>>
File: WoD16.jpg (67KB, 398x526px) Image search: [Google]
WoD16.jpg
67KB, 398x526px
>>
>>54122989
I think it's the LGBTQ activist trying to flood out the discussion because it was not going zher way.
>>
File: WoD17.gif (483KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
WoD17.gif
483KB, 320x240px
>>
>>54122958
No you're thinking of a line about whether sothic turns will affect mummies in the future if we make it to mars. And yes they will since it is keyed to the star path through the skies on earth.

That being said mummy in the space future will be rad
>>
>>54122989
They're all trailers for mmorpg factions, and they fit pretty well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8OMF1JSONw
For a mage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzRF3p6yNFU
For a mortal hunter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSWCK5wJLo4
For one of those aggravating vampires who got around to learning how to walk through mirrors.
>>
File: WoD18.webm (3MB, 1024x480px) Image search: [Google]
WoD18.webm
3MB, 1024x480px
>>
>>54123020
Rip in peace random dude. God smites whom he smites
>>
File: WoD19.gif (2MB, 419x416px) Image search: [Google]
WoD19.gif
2MB, 419x416px
>>54123043
Pretty sure it's fake. I thought it was the one where he gets up and tries to keep going, but gets struck AGAIN.

Wish I could find that version, would be much more like WoD.
>>
>>54123029
>Nosferatu readies for a night trying to hint on the rack
>>
File: WoD20.gif (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
WoD20.gif
3MB, 400x300px
>>54123069
Nosferatu doing nosferatu things are the best.
>>
>>54122855
>otherwise you're essentially asking for special treatment, not equality.

This. This is the crux of the reason for the backlash against it. Not intolerance of LBGT people as a whole, not a desire to deny them their rights or to deny their existence. But because they demand rights and social privilege above and beyond what would grant them the equality they purport to seek. It's frankly the exact same reason people get mad at the most frothy-mouthed Christian fundies.
>>
>>54123057
That would be great.

>Mage fight!
>>
>>54123027
Did the game come out/any good?
>>
>>54123086
It's a F2P MMO so parts are pretty rough, but it's not bad.
>>
File: WoD21.webm (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
WoD21.webm
1MB, 480x360px
>>54123082
Speaking of
>mage in a hurry gets pulled over
>>
>>54123086
They're rebooting it. Haven't tried the new one.

Basically: Story is *great*. Gameplay iffy. Really shit when you get to Tokyo. Play a fist/chaos healer, if the original is still out. I haven't checked. Easy to solo and get groups. I think the ./tg/ cabals are dead.
>>
>>54122812
>Okay fine put a sidebar in about how oppressed gay people are because they have the same exacr rights straight people have.

The USA is a country where only 2 years ago the supreme court finally decided that being able to marry people regardless of the sex of. In the same year as this decision, LGBTQ people were the most likely group of people in America to be victims of a hate crime, with Black Transwomen being the most likely LGBTQ demographic to be attacked. In America to the modern day there is still many well funded groups, including Think Tanks, Political Action Committees, and yes Churches and other religious organizations, that have agendas desiring to undo what little progress there has been made towards LGBTQ rights. On top of that, most states do not have a ban on so called "Gay Conversion Therapy" which is a process where people literally use brainwashing tactics to try and force people to associate being LGBTQ with sin and shame, often also using things like electric shock torture to achieve its "results".

Sounds to me like a group facing oppression pretty heavily, even if it isn't quite ISIS levels with people being beheaded in the public square.

>A couple loving each other is the same as a pride parade

I don't know, I've seen some pretty fucking trashy straight people doing some questionable things in public.

>So you deem trans and gay stuff as important shit that HAS to be included in urban fantasy roleplaying games ? It affects maybe 2-3% of the population. The sidebars should be about drug abuse, obesity and burglars. There is no reason other than personal beliefs to specifically inject these things.

Fuck it, new project? We all just write sidebars about things we feel are important for the CofD game?
>>
File: WoD22.jpg (433KB, 1836x2448px) Image search: [Google]
WoD22.jpg
433KB, 1836x2448px
>>
>>54123077
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdyknT4uchM

Reminded me of this. More of a Werewolf thing, I think.
>>
>>54123020
Fucking Tremere, I swear!
>>
>>54122855
I'm perfectly respectful of people who are not trying to say I don't exist/am sinful for existing.

You don't have to be tolerant of people who preach intolerance.
>>
>>54123027
>For one of those aggravating vampires who got around to learning how to walk through mirrors.
Anon please, that's obviously a Mage having to deal with a Gulmoth.
>>
>>54123123

>Sounds to me like a group facing oppression pretty heavily, even if it isn't quite ISIS levels with people being beheaded in the public square.

Asians don't get into elite colleges despite having the grades ebcause muh affirmative action.You don't hear them bitching demanding sidebars in rpgs.

>I don't know, I've seen some pretty fucking trashy straight people doing some questionable things in public.
>a few people is thesame as a parade
>shiggy

>Fuck it, new project? We all just write sidebars about things we feel are important for the CofD game?

Thatsexactlythe motherfucking point whyyou not inject politics into rpgs.
>>
File: WoD23.gif (441KB, 400x214px) Image search: [Google]
WoD23.gif
441KB, 400x214px
>>
>>54123154
Oh come on, how can anyone be baited by something as obvious as this?
>>
>>54123020
>Call Lightning at sympathetic range
>>
File: WoD25.jpg (85KB, 600x1043px) Image search: [Google]
WoD25.jpg
85KB, 600x1043px
>>54123172
Really wish I could find the one where lightning strikes him twice.
>>
>>54123102
What the hell is that a video of?
>>
File: WoD26.gif (497KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
WoD26.gif
497KB, 500x325px
>>54123191
Fuck if I know. Found most of these on /x/.
>>
File: world of darkness.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
world of darkness.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: wod27.jpg (85KB, 849x475px) Image search: [Google]
wod27.jpg
85KB, 849x475px
>>
>>54123154
Yet at the same time are you not preaching intolerance by being intolerant of what Christians believe, and then justifying it by claiming a moral high ground?
>>
>>54123057
I saw this movie in theaters. Its pretty funny that the ghost is literally retarded. Like, a down syndrome ghost.
>>
File: wod28.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
wod28.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>
>>54123138
>Not a Demon thing
>>
File: Werewolf the Forsaken.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Werewolf the Forsaken.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>54123208
>>
>>54123223
No, look, here's the thing

I don't have to be tolerant of them if they are intolerant of me. If they wanna be Christians that's fine. I don't give a fuck unless its affecting me. But there is a history of plenty of sects of Christians being dicks and intolerant about it.
>>
File: WoD7.jpg (82KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
WoD7.jpg
82KB, 852x480px
>>
>>54123247
What is this from?
>>
File: The Technocracy Strikes Back.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
The Technocracy Strikes Back.webm
2MB, 640x640px
>>54123247
>>
File: 2spooky.gif (873KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky.gif
873KB, 400x226px
>they're still going at it after I finished my dump
Oh well, hope I at least distracted people from that shit.

>>54123276
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm0V24IEHao
>>
>>54123297
Your dump was good anon. I'm sorry if this was uncomfortable for you.

I get that way too when the Magefags and Vampfags go at it
>>
>>54123267
>I don't have to be tolerant of them if they are intolerant of me
That cuts both ways. By your own logic, they aren't obligated to be tolerant of you then, because you're returning their intolerant behavior in kind. I guess it works out if mutual intolerance is something you're comfortable with.
>>
>>54123123
Wow anon, sorry that mean straight people are being mean to you, but can you point to any currently ongoing systemic oppression? Things that gay people are precluded from, rights they don't get to enjoy that straight people do, things like that? People disagree with your politics and are working against you? Boohoo, it's the same for practically every group. You can be institutionalized? So can everybody else.

>I don't know, I've seen some pretty fucking trashy straight people doing some questionable things in public.
And I've seen gays do downright debauched things at Gay Pride parades or just in public in general, your point?

>Fuck it, new project? We all just write sidebars about things we feel are important for the CofD game?
There shouldn't be any political sidebars because personal politics and beliefs aren't important to the game's mechanics or fluff at all.
>>
>>54123334
Clearly xe is comfortable with it, because without mutual intolerance, xer victim complex would vanish like smoke.
>>
>>54122855
It seems that he believes that every excess in the Pride parades is just fine, but god forbid a straight person eve engage in a public display of affection in front of him. That's not just hypocritical, that's just outright sick.
>>
>>54123080
Of course she is. I assume it's a she, because the level of bitterness I see towards heterosexual displays of affection just screams out lesbian activist. It's not about equality, egalitarianism is anathema to such individuals.
>>
>>54122772
Beast has been one of the best CofD lines I've played. I love playing my beasts, be they Levathans, Lurkers, Raptors, or Giants.

I've played a Psychologist who takes abuse victims and breaks their conditioning so they can testify against their abusers (Tyrant) (Ugalu)(A Red Dragon)

I played a Priest who extracted penance from sinners. (Punisher, Muraka, A massive serpent)

I've played an SVU cop who beats down child molesters, rapists, and other scum. (Punisher) (Eshamaki) (Looked like a Lichtor)

I've played a Mercenary for a local vamp prince (first cross over game) and hunted down their targets and dragged them back. (Predator) (Eshmaki)(Looked like a Narscylla)
>>
>>54123519
Now this is advanced trolling. Take note, mageposters and sidebar pushers. Look at that. This is a work of art, on par with Sergals and Eromanga Sensei.
>>
>>54121036
Do you know how juvenile and tumbleresque you sound? It's not about you.
>>
>>54123123
None of that has anything to do with a roleplaying game. That's what civics textbooks are for.
>>
>>54123267
there is also a history of your breed being dicks and intolerant about it. By your own standards, you are just a hateful bigot.
>>
>>54123561
I wasn't even trolling. I honestly love beast. It's been very enjoyable. I hated vampire, and nearly gave up on CofD after playing Requim. Then I found Beast, played it at GenCon before it's release, and LOVED it. It was fun, it was interesting, and my character wasn't getting mind raped by the other PC's so often it felt like they were using me as their mind fuck boi.

Beast we at least had incentive to work together, rely on each other, help each other because we were family.

I bought werewolf and mage STILL haven't gotten to play them.
>>
>>54123154
Aaaah! So here we have it. Your eat this stuff up because, it is about pure VANITY. You equate not being referenced, spoken of, being ignored, with people denying your very existence, or saying it is sinful.

Bitch please.
>>
>>54121036

>Muh Respeck

I do not think you know what that word means.
>>
>>54123208
Dude!

Are you seeing this?

DUDE!!!
>>
File: Everything in that post.png (117KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
Everything in that post.png
117KB, 444x440px
>>54123868
>I honestly love beast.
>>
>>54121457
That's because brothers have to stay in the closet, and a double-entendre gimp joke would be poor taste.

>>54122471
If there's one group I hate more than SJW's, it's those fuckers.
>>
I miss a few hours ago when this thread was about mummies and vampires and mages. Those were halcyon days
>>
>player wants a custom benediction, not for power gaming, but for flavor
>his character is a five Wit five Resolve character with the Faith virtue, so I said sure, it'd make sense that he might be able to figure out a better way to talk to the man upstairs and discover a unique gift from Jesus or whatever
>told me he trusted me to come up with something cool and balanced, since he was afraid if he tried to make one it would outshine someone else and their role
>now I realize I have no clue what I could give him that would be different enough from an already existing benediction to justify its existence

not the usual complaint you'd see on here i'm sure, but would any of you hunter bros out there be willing to offer some suggestions on what I could use here for a moral fag crusader sort of character?
>>
>>54124363
Some sort of "Detect Virtue" effect, so the character learns the best of everyone and can use it to convince them of stuff.
Or they can grant someone an extra minor Virtue, that works like a Vice mechanically, to encourage good works.
>>
Anyone has ever done a Seer-Ladder teamup? Were you using the historical settings (Pirate republic/Crusades), or did you design your own little crisis? How did the "cooperation" go?
>>
>>54124363
Give us some more details on the PC, and tell us about the rest of the party.
>>
>>54123868
>implying that vampire coteries can't be family or aligned in interest and comraderie.

Trolololololo lololo lololo

This shit is cash.
>>
>>54120639
They have unlimited reach. But apart from that are subject to the normal rules for magic.
>>
Bets that tomorrows monday meeting shows Signs and Sigils still in development?

+1 for still in development
>>
>Aaaah! So here we have it. Your eat this stuff up because, it is about pure VANITY.

Of course it is. But narcissism like this is quite common in people like this.

Those sidebars, all of the brave queer heroes they see in the flavor stories and throughout the example text, all the vile straight male -white, christian- rapists, perverts, psychopaths) they fight/defeat/avenge/challenge, just feed that broken little child inside of them that needs the constant attention, and constant acknowledgment.

The authors are clearly writing them for their own narcissistic reasons, and whoever this brave defender here is, is using them in the same manner. In a sad, desperate, vain quest for self actualization, at the expense of virtually all of the player base (including most of the LGBT players).
>>
>>54124814
>tfw you're a faggot and are sick of all this goddamn cringy shit. I just want to play an RPG about being vampires and wizards and shit, not get lectured on pronouns and the evils of the straight man.
>>
>>54124718
Cancelled as DaveB has decided to quite game development and pursue his true passion.

Komodo dragon husbandry.
>>
>>54123519
beautiful pasta
>>
>>54124690
I am sorry, I haven't had an experience with a game of Requim where the players were not racing to to dick each other over, and fuck over the other factions. Even the game of Vampire where I was playing a beast the PC's were either trying to get me on their side, Discredit the PC Prince and her retinue, or use me to further their ambitions over the other PC factions.
>>
>>54124888
Same here. It genuinely bugs me how often they just bring up character sexuality for no apparent reason in their fiction and examples or make sexuality a defining aspect of the character. It's gratuitous.
>>
>>54124998
It's no Pasta...
It's my honest experiences with CofD...
I'd love to play Werewolf and Mage but I can never find a game that's Open on RPOL.
>>
File: OPP writes a new NPC.jpg (191KB, 968x1998px) Image search: [Google]
OPP writes a new NPC.jpg
191KB, 968x1998px
>>54125136
Because it's a creative cop out. You don't have to write a character well when you can just go "They're gay! Look how gay they are with their gayness! Aren't we so progressive" And then when someone calls you out on having a character with less personality then a piece of cardboard you just call them a bigot.

It's not hard to write a decent gay PC or NPC. I've done it, people in my group have done it. You do this radical and shocking thing called writing a good character that happens to be gay. It doesn't have to be their entire character, and you do not, in fact have to mention it all the time.
>>
>>54124053
Why do you find it so horrifying? Sure it's a very broad, open, game. Yes beasts can be good antagonists, as well as Protagonists, and yes you can take Eliot Stabler (Law and Order: SVU), Matt Murdock (Daredevil), Punisher (MCU) and easily find beast types and families that match up with them.

Honestly what do you find so bad about beast. If run well it can become a very good personal horror story. It becomes the tale of how do you deal with your addiction? How do you manage? How do you try to maintain your identity and life when the world around you suddenly changes? How do you stay your hunger so that you can have friends and personal connections and sanity? How do you not devolve into just another horror from old legend that the next "King Aurthor" or the Second Coming of Lincoln doesn't fee the need to put an axe into?
>>
>>54123519

You don't happen to have 'Building a Legend' that you could share do you?
>>
>>54125325
sadly no. My current job has my budget to tight to buy new books
>>
>>54124888
This! I mean come on aren't Gays annoyed by this ? As a straight white male i am annoyed if a Movie tries to pander to my needs (hehehe lets shoehorn a naked women and a Sex scene in).

As a gay person this shit has to be even more annoying. You probably have to deal with that shit every day so why the fuck would you deal with it in your freetime?

I mean there are a legitimate character concepts were being gay is integral.

A vamp that was gay as a mortal and know controls the gay club scene. Thats cool. The character will develop a real character through this Concept. Probably supports left Wing political organizations, uses activists to further his political machinations etc.
Being gay is just one important character trait among many.

A pregnant male werewolf is just cancer.
>>
>>54125419
I blade Arnold Swartzenegger and Danny DiVito for that cancer.
>>
You know, I left this thread earlier today when I was just plain tired of bashing my head against this wall

When I came back here, read some of what people had said since, I realized that no one here actually was reading what I said, only what they wanted me to say.

You fuckers are just dense.
>>
>>54125673
Bitch I'm Osmium.
>>
>>54125599

It's not a tumor
>>
>>54125673
Maybe it's just that no matter how you say it, what you are saying is wrong and people are just going to keep calling you on it, because it is offensive and narcissistic?

This isn't an echo-chamber "safe space". Real world here, open, free speech. I'm actually quite pleased to see how little hate has come up in a potentially volatile discussion.
>>
File: 1492223750437.png (102KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
1492223750437.png
102KB, 450x443px
>>54123868
>I honestly love beast
>>
>>54125816
Seriously why does this shock people?
>>
>>54125866
Because /tg/ is sensationalist.
I can genuinely see how it would be possible to potentially enjoy it.
However personally I just can't get over its glaring flaws.
>>
>>54125779
Bullshit, we get more butt hurt here over more trivial shit than any other board. Much less the 'real' world.
>>
>>54125888
There is a good game somewhere in beast. I just don't think it's worth the effort to make it work kind of like M20.
>>
>>54123029
What the hell is this from?
>>
>>54125779
This. Nobody here called hin a fag or said his opinion is wrong. People just pointed out that its wrong to bother them during Gaming. That being said i think he is just baiting.
>>
>>54123123
Speaking as a gay man, I honestly would rather have the game focus on THE GAME. A lot of the LGBTQ characters in the fictions and books are also awful stereotyped stuff (the transgendered mage in the M20 pregen characters). I am all for representation and recognition, but it needs to be where it should be. It doesn't need to be shoved heavy-handedly into the RPG books (I am sorry, I wanted to smack whoever wrote the sidebar that said if you are uncomfortable with same-sex couples maybe you need help).
>>
>>54123205
"You need to pay the toll troll if you wanna get into that boy´s shoule"
>>
>>54124888
>MFW I am this sme anon
>>
>>54125673
It's called reading between the lines, anon. And also just reading, because it's not like you were being open and understanding at all or trying to hide your own discriminatory stances and biases. It's abundantly clear that you support dumb LGBT political crap being put in the books because you yourself are a dumb LGBT whatever and you enjoy the false sense of validation you get from it. You don't support inclusiveness or politically charged stories when it isn't your group being included and your politics being explored, you mocked and lashed out at heterosexuals and Christians and yet get pissy when people roll their eyes at you and yours and refuse to treat you like poor little snowflakes. I would really recommend that you start spending more time in circles and places where what genitals you like and your personal politics don't matter in the slightest. Get your head screwed on straight. Or just back up and get some perspective, if using the word 'straight' in a positive way is offensive to you.
>>
>>54125892
The speech doesn't have to be universally accepted for it to be free and open. The opposite, imo. If nobody expressed displeasure or disagreement then it actually would just be an echo-chamber.
>>
>>54126211
This - the contentiousness is a side effect of the openness. I wonder if this person communicates with any frequency outside of constrained speech autocratically controlled "safe-zones"
>>
>>54125931

The Strain
>>
>>54126290
By that logic tumblr is the realm of philosopher kings.
>>
>>54126826
How?
>>
>>54126158

Don't agree with that guy, but Abrahamic Religion does need to die in a fire.
>>
>>54122157
>because straight people have been the norm for most of modern society, and most of ancient society

I hate to break it to you, by heterosexuality is still, by a very large margin, the norm for society.

Few are suggesting that gay or trans characters be excised by the books. However, the number of such characters is not only excessive, both as representative of society as a whole and as a proportion of the total number of npcs in any book, but their backstory often overwhelmingly concerns their sexualty and gender (or the minority de jour), has little to no relevance to the book topic, and they're rarely anything but noble and heroic (again often in response to their victimization). A mage / vampire / changeling never just happens to be gay/trans/etc/ among other traits, which wouldn't even rate a mention, but it's readily obvious that the reason the characters are included is to make a blunt political point. Such an unsubtle point is easy to ignore every once in awhile, but at WW levels, it becomes very unprofessional and distracting.

I'm actually glad that in recent years there have been a greater diversity in rpgs characters. However, when attempts at "inclusion" start to render casual escapist rpg books about vampires, wizards and other supernatural miscellania into political and social manifestos, no less when the text quite explicitly insults the reader like the earlier pronoun example, it's just offensive. I would also remind you and others that "inclusion" and "diversity" don't just mean trying to cram every minority you can into a book, but actually representing and exploring many of those in the mainstream or majority, as well as people and groups you might not like or agree with. For instance, I took particular offense when Brucato excised the Lions of Zion from M20 because some on the left hate Jews and Zionists, despite the fact that the Lions were liked by the fans and such bigotry isn't even popular among most of the moderate left.
>>
>>54126863
well said.

Was there a Gay/Trans character in 1000 years of night? I fully expect one to turn up in every new OPP/WW book, be it fluff stories or whatever.
>>
>>54122715
>Christians were never suppressed
>I seriously hope it's not what these people really believe. It's almost scary.

Christians, ha, try being a mainstream Jew or Zionist for WW/OPP.

Apparently, proud Jews or anyone who believes in Jewish self-determination is apparently too "triggering" to be mentioned in the books.

Brucato's open and explained excision of the popular Lions of Zion in M20 was unforgivable and exposed the bigotry often inherent of those who claim to value "inclusion" and "diversity."

Even with characters who must be Jewish, like the Biblical Deborah in A Thousand Years of Night, whose faith is essential to the character, I don't believe "Jew" or "Judaism" was mentioned anywhere is her ample character description. Much worse, she then needed to be "balanced" by Asher, her descendant, whose entire focus was how he was a too smart discriminated against black man!?!?

>SJW's are often some of the biggest antisemites. Inclusion my ass.
>>
>>54123020

>Don't fuck with your local Obrimos
>>
>>54123868
>I wasn't even trolling. I honestly love beast

You're funny Anon, now pull the other one.
>>
>>54124247
>I miss a few hours ago when this thread was about mummies and vampires and mages. Those were halcyon days

>TFW Dinosaurs get no respect
>>
>>54126980
You know, I'm still trying to figure out when the fuck that happened. For a long time Jews were tumblrs favorite pet religion / ethnicity to parade around. And now suddenly they're the bad guy. It's baffling.
>>
File: Komodo Dragon 5.jpg (101KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
Komodo Dragon 5.jpg
101KB, 600x315px
>>54124929
>Cancelled as DaveB has decided to quite game development and pursue his true passion.
>Komodo dragon husbandry
>>
>>54126838
I'm not big on it either, but that isn't the point. I brought up Christians as examples because I knew they would be a group anon wouldn't like or agree with. And it worked. He quite clearly showed himself to be a hypocrite. Or it might be she, who knows.
>>
>>54125127
>I haven't had an experience with a game of Requim where the players were not racing to to dick each other over, and fuck over the other factions.

Vampires are beastly parasites. It's what they do, they cannot help it.

-Jophiel, Obrimos Master of the Adamantine Arrow
>>
>>54125415
>My current job has my budget to tight to buy new books

Buy ... Beast???

Now, that's an example of horror.
>>
File: 1469081160132.jpg (120KB, 465x787px) Image search: [Google]
1469081160132.jpg
120KB, 465x787px
>>54126863
Very accurate and well-articulated. Well done.
>>
>>54123519
To each his own, I suppose.
>>
>>54127391
Eyyy, Jophiel. Everybody's favorite hot vampire incinerating Mage.
>>
File: Jesus....gif (549KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus....gif
549KB, 300x169px
>>54127427
>Playing Beast willingly
>BUYING Beast to play Beast willingly
>>
>>54126838
>Don't agree with that guy, but Abrahamic Religion does need to die in a fire.

Yeah, you're a fine example of diversity, inclusion and the evils of stereotyping *billions* of people.

You know the terrible religious people you so despise, guess what, you're the other side of that coin.
>>
>>54127272
Apparently it's because it turned out that, just like all the other Abrahamic religions, Judaism tends towards fairly conservative notions of family, gender roles, marriage, and society in general.
>>
>>54127532
Plus Jews are pretty much hated by Islam, the new pet religion of goodness. plus you know, Israel is oppressing all those poor Muslims (Which you know, they are and Israel is fucked up but you get where I'm going here.)
>>
>>54127272
>ou know, I'm still trying to figure out when the fuck that happened. For a long time Jews were tumblrs favorite pet religion / ethnicity to parade around. And now suddenly they're the bad guy. It's baffling.

Modern Jews tend to successful, capitalist and pro-American and assimilated, among other traits like having very fairly traditional ideals of family, government, law and order, work ethics, etc., despite otherwise relatively liberal social views. They've taken their historic victimization, said "never again," and excelled in spite of discrimination.

Now add the fact that Israel, which enjoys near universal support among Jews, is no longer in existential threat from "brown" people, but rather a regional first-world power close to the USA,

Jews are now simply too "white" and western for the tumblr crowd.

This same phenomena is now being repeated with Asians in the USA.
>>
>>54127649
>To White

I always find it funny when people say Jews are white. 'bout as fuckin' white as greece my man.
>>
>>54127494
>Eyyy, Jophiel. Everybody's favorite hot vampire incinerating Mage.

It's good to see you too, Anon.

However, while it is certainly satisfying to cleansing humanity of a vampiric parasite with the scourge of flame, one should always use all tools available and keep their options open. The leeches are wily and unpredictable, and some even resistant to fire. I recall such vampire who I believe called himself a "dragon." He performed unspeakable experiments on sleepers and even his own vile kind and tried to abduct a young woman in a runaway shelter under my protection. His arrogance was somewhat justified as it was true that he did not burn like his brethren. The abomination's arrogance turned to confusion and fear when he realized his infernal powers meant nothing as gravity itself bent to my supernal will. It was indeed more gratifying than usual as I watched him meet the dawn.
>>
RETURN THE SLAB
>>
>>54126952
I only skimmed 1000 Years of Night, and was pleasantly surprised to note the opening fiction did not need to, nor did it mention the characters' sexualities. There was however a trans elder who was obsessed with diablerizing the souls of human men because she wanted to feel more male, and rather repugnantly they seemed to try and present it in a sympathetic manner. Gross, but typical.
>>
>>54126980
>>54126863
>Brucato's open and explained excision of the popular Lions of Zion in M20 was unforgivable and exposed the bigotry often inherent of those who claim to value "inclusion" and "diversity."

Wait, what? The Lions are gone from all of M20? Is this really true? I was hoping they were just slated to appear in a later book.

My god, I didn't even think Brucato could be this big of a asshole.

Zionism is too triggering for OPP? Fuck Rich and Phil.
>>
>>54126952
>Was there a Gay/Trans character in 1000 years of night?

Oh yes, characters - plural.
>>
>>54128033
This kind of stuff is why the Boston book is one of my favorite Mage books. It was properly diverse with its cast of characters for starters, but even better it didn't smack you in the face with it that I can recall.
>>
>>54128078
So what book are the Lions of Zion from? There's fucking nothing about them on the white wolf wiki.
>>
>>54127613
>Israel is oppressing all those poor Muslims

Israel, a tiny country smaller than New Jersey, with all Jews *worldwide* only numbering a few million, are oppressing *billions* of Muslims who control many countries? Israel, a country that unlike ALL their Muslim neighbors and cultures, actually provides equal rights to its Muslim citizens as a matter of law and policy?

Now, crap at that level is "triggering..."
>>
>>54128158
>so what book are the Lions of Zion from?

Mage Storytellers Handbook Revised

Sorcerer's Crusade Companion for Mage: Sorcerer's Crusade
>>
>>54128158
Revised Storytellers Handbook and I think Dark Ages.
>>
Keeping with the general gist of the topic right now but trying to steer things back to the games, if you had to play a character that was required to be different from you in sexual orientation, gender, and/or religion, what would you play and how?
>>
>>54128163
My man I was talking about Palestine, calm thyself.
>>
>>54128106
>This kind of stuff is why the Boston book is one of my favorite Mage books. It was properly diverse with its cast of characters for starters, but even better it didn't smack you in the face with it that I can recall.

Let's not get crazy. Boston Unveiled also had the baseball and pirate themed cabals. It was hardly Mage's finest moment.

>Avast ye, matey, I be a mage!
>>
>>54128237
I'd just play a girl version of myself.
>>
>>54128237
Easy, play a dickgirl that has a religion and if I HAVE to I'd just make them straight. Peg some boys. God is playing someone straight/gay laaaame.
>>
>>54128258
Admittedly it might not be to everyone's taste, but I still liked it. Pirates included. Although I don't remember the baseball cabal. But even barring those things, I just really like the details of the setting and the characters. Really interesting and neat stuff, even if the Secret Concord was lacking as a central point.
>>
>>54128258
Between Boston and Cambridge. Totally fucking believable. I'd expect a fuckin' hockey based Cabal too. And of course the Fuckin Yankees Cabal are Seers all the way. Fuckers.
>>
>>54128267
Would you say you could get away with still liking girls by saying the character is gay while you are straight?
>>
>>54128310
>Although I don't remember the baseball cabal
Wait, now I do. Although iirc they weren't actually in the Boston book but rather in the Mysterium one, right? Bunch of Free Council shitters.
>>
>>54128242
>My man I was talking about Palestine, calm thyself.

The Arabs have slaughtered more Palestinians than Israel, generally treat them like garbage and deny them most rights in their countries. Palestinians resided in Syria (Golan), Egypt (Gaza) and Jordan (West Bank) before 1967. Why do I never hear about how they were oppressed by other Muslims, now and then?

Israel and Jews are held to a unique double standard in world affairs.

While I have absolutely no objection to Palestinian self-determination (the devil is in the details), just like most Jews, I'll take people's' claims of "oppression" seriously when other arguably more historically deserving groups who've faced violence and discrimination, often from other Muslims like the Kurds, receive similar treatment.
>>
>>54128267
>I'd just play a girl version of myself.

Anonette?
>>
>>54128388
Anona?
>>
>>54128363
>Wait, now I do. Although iirc they weren't actually in the Boston book but rather in the Mysterium one, right? Bunch of Free Council shitters.

The cabal, The Game of Geometric Perfection, was in a few books and some of the fiction and Anthology.

I believe they were Chicago cabal, not Boston and mostly included in WOD: Chicago.

However, the pirate cabal (Davey's Locker??) was in Boston Unveiled.
>>
>>54128388
>>54128399

Anonlia?
>>
>>54128373
Palestinians *are* largely Arabs. You don't hear about the above violence in the same light as what happens in Israel because it tends to blend into the general mass of Islamic sectarian violence.
>>
>>54128163
>actually provides equal rights to its Muslim citizens as a matter of law and policy?

hahahahahahahaha Israel is a fucking apartheid state and any pointing to what its constitution technically says is smoke and mirrors, senpai
>>
>>54128446
Pirate cabal was called the Dead Wrens, I believe. Leader of the cabal went by Davey. They were one of the few cabals that had members from different orders. Mysterium, Arrow and FC, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>54128506

Kindly advise what Muslim-majority state treats the Palestinians as equals, no less Jews?

How many Muslim-majority countries, no less in the Middle East, protect both as a matter of law and fact minority religions and cultures?

When I hear you acknowledge that most of the Muslim World (and ALL of the Arab world) is also guilty of "apartheid", also treat Palestinians like refuse, and you and your misinformed brethren judge Israel by the same standards as everyone else, then your positions will be taken seriously,

The double standards you so clearly espouse are one of the many reasons why peace is so improbable in the Levant.
>>
>>54128474
Anonaly?
>>
>>54128588
Nigga most Palestinians are Sunni Muslim Arabs. They're frankly less oppressed than fucking Shiites in most of those countries around there.
>>
>>54128588
>protect both as a matter of law and fact minority religions and cultures?

ahahahahahaha it just never stops being hilarious. "The law! The law!" yeah maybe when the law doesn't get ignored at the drop of a hat that argument will have weight. the double standard does not exist, israel is just a shit country that exists to claim land that it has no right to and deserves everything bad that happens to it.

now I'm going to kick back and watch you equate this with anti-semitism.
>>
Okay but really guys, when do we get a Israel setting or Israel by night/rage across Israel.
>>
>>54128680
I feel like it'd work best as a Werewolf setting, simply because of the sheer amount of violence.
>>
>>54128718
The disputed borders, clash of cultural spirits, violence and a lotta stuff. Any disputed area is a good time for Werewolf games.
>>
File: coffee instant.jpg (3MB, 4211x5315px) Image search: [Google]
coffee instant.jpg
3MB, 4211x5315px
>>54128336
Probably. But since I'd just be playing a girl version of myself I'd be celibate so at the end of the day it has no real impact on the game.
>>
>>54128796
>>
>>54128637
>Nigga most Palestinians are Sunni Muslim Arabs. They're frankly less oppressed than fucking Shiites in most of those countries around there.

And that does nothing than prove my point about double standards.
>>
>>54128680
>>54128718
>Okay but really guys, when do we get a Israel setting or Israel by night/rage across Israel.
>I feel like it'd work best as a Werewolf setting, simply because of the sheer amount of violence.

The Holy Land would be great fir Werewolf/Mage crossover, although vampires wouldn't seem to stand a chance in the old WOD Levant.

>The Lions of Zions and their new allies among the Technocratic Union versus the barbarian hordes espousing pre-Order of Reason beliefs
>>
File: 1498233221048.jpg (166KB, 736x951px) Image search: [Google]
1498233221048.jpg
166KB, 736x951px
>>54123868
Sir, your response to me proves that you are a master of your craft. I salute you.
>>
File: +.jpg (17KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
+.jpg
17KB, 210x210px
>>54124363
What benedictions does he have?

You could give him something to supercharge his abjuration. Or something that triggers a Clash of Wills on an existing effect, but using his Morality as a 'power trait'.

Or just steal from the Septemi bloodline's discipline. Either or.
>>
File: FN5701.jpg (429KB, 1737x1179px) Image search: [Google]
FN5701.jpg
429KB, 1737x1179px
New Thread (That isn't borked)

>>54129906
>>54129906
>>54129906
>>54129906
>>
>>54121480
*Those* mummies? Reasonably. It'll be some freaky stuff, though. They all have names like "The doubly evil", "Evildoer", "Devourer", "Darkener of the Earth'", "Roarer", "Fourfold Fiend" and "Of the backward face".

Those names are descriptive. Brace yourself.
>>
>>54121036
They can't help being triggered, anon. They're very sensitive, and easily offended, and OPP should've taken their needs into account.
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.