[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Tabletop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: pokemon-red_00238708.jpg (513KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-red_00238708.jpg
513KB, 1920x1080px
Sup /tg/, /vp/oreon here.

As a big fan of the franchise who recently got into tabletop gaming, I started to look into the Homebrew Pokemon systems, they seem well and sound on paper, reading through these rulebooks, but how are they in practice?

Does anyone have any experiences to share with Pokemon Tabletop Adventures or Pokemon Tabletop United? Is one system better than the other for any reason? Are they both shit? Both decent?

Just looking to hear some thoughts before I go starting a game on roll20.
>>
>500 page rulebook
>Stat sheets not only for your character, but for every caught Pokemon as well
>Supplements for fantasy and SciFi that are around 130 pages average

if a group was playing this IRL, it'd look like they were doing taxes when in reality they were just playing Pokemon.
>>
>>54110463
What he said. You could probably have more fun with a Mystery Dungeon format.
>>
PTA is shit, don't bother with it
PTU is super convoluted but playable, use at your own risk
Pokerole is another system, less convoluted for beginners but still, play with caution.

Pokemon pen and paper is a super light system and quick to set up, play it of you want bare bones

Pokecthlulu is also there, play if you are a faggot.
>>
>>54110490
This.
>>
I've done 2 separate games with mostly different people for pokemon. The second game went longer, but both died pretty quickly due to lack of interest and party not wanting to stick together. I wish you luck op.
>>
I have had more luck using pokerole, cause PTU is kind of tiresome to DM and I was always forgetting details and making mistakes due to the system being so extensive.
>>
>>54110490
Mystery dungeon is kino and is objectively the best thing to have come out of the franchise.

god it sucks that nobody knows it.
>>
>>54110262
OK so stay with me, but Monte Cook Games recently put out a game called Predation, which is about Dinosaurs. In it, each PC gets a dinosaur companion. I've been looking over it and I think you could at use its system for Pokémon, but each player would only have one. Having GM'd games with a lot of players, I can only see this as a good thing, but you'll never have teams of six battling each other.

Alternatively everyone saying use a Mystery Dungeon format definitely have the right idea.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.