[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Science Fiction Races

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1435453946935.jpg (497KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1435453946935.jpg
497KB, 1920x1080px
So I'm building a generic Sci-Fi setting that I plan on running traveler in. I already have some basic ideas for certain parts, (A fairly new Human Federation, A couple alien races, A gigantic multi-racial alien empire that has become so bloated with bureaucratic nonsense that it barely functions, the remnants of a forgotten kingdom where slavers and all kinds of scum and villainy ply their trade etc) But I need more alien races to fill the galaxy.

Any ideas?
>>
>>54110163
Have you tried stealing from space-based video games and media?
>>
File: 1473473056825.jpg (58KB, 564x875px) Image search: [Google]
1473473056825.jpg
58KB, 564x875px
>>54110163

Freeks are humans who were subjected to numerous biological and cybernetic experments during a time when the practice was essentially made legal during a large scale war. People who were dead were given cybernetic enhancements and basically brought back to life and experiements to create biological super soldiers and people with special powers resulted in numerous mutations . After the wars the various Freeks splintered from their old homes forming colonies or even forming pirate groups with some striking back violently against the people who experimented on them
>>
>>54110315
Yes and no. The original mass effect had some diversity going for it but not enough in my opinion. Too many of the races were humanoid and similar to humans. What would you suggest for completely alien races from games/media? I'm thinking:

>Elephant squid race (similar to the squid creatures from the future is wild thing I watched years ago)
>Insectoid race of some kind- unsure on their design.
>Saurian race of some kind.
>Avian race of some kind.

I just don't want to do the whole 'fantasy races in space' thing. (At least not the elves, dwarves, etc) maybe some less used fantasy races like Mycenae and shit?

>>54110378
Sounds like it might be cool for some human history / human factions stuff.
>>
An ancient race of annoying fuckers who are famous for being "the savior's of the galaxy." Almost nobody knows what the fuck they're referring to, and the few that do only know it in the vaguest of terms. It turns out this race is ancient, and countless ages ago their race did something to wipe out an aggressive empire that seemed to be hellbent on wiping out all other life in the galaxy. After "saving the galaxy" by destroying them, their egos got so huge that they sank into technological and evolutionary stagnation, never really needing to change, to the point where other races achieved space travel, found them, and now have to deal with their annoying bragging.

Their tec is pretty good though.
>>
Bump this bitch up, I want more ayy lmaos.
>>
>>54113709
Here are some other ideas I've had:

>A republic of a very human-like race that is close allies with the human federation. Their main physical difference to humans- twice as many genitals and the women have four breasts. They are kind of comedic relief for how ridiculous they look.

>a race of generic Greys that are a general annoyance. They have no real form of centralized government and no one knows what they do. They supposedly work for some great outsider. Think collectors from mass effect 2.
>>
A race of self-righteous aliens who proclaim themselves the protectors and judges of the galaxy, and the only true defenders of justice. Everyone else finds them extraordinarily obnoxious, even those who would agree with their sense of justice. They celebrate justiciars, basically alien Judge Dredds.
>>
>>54118479
So...
Space America?
>>
>>54118533
Sure, if that's a good way to put it.
>>
Maybe an ancient race that most people thinks are just some space fairy tale.

They don't have any planets but sometimes some travellers mention a gigantic ship of unknown technology floating in the void before disappearing mysteriously.

Some people think this is just one single ship travelling the galaxy for mysterious reasons while others assure that there are several of these ships.
>>
>>54118638
I like this. I may use it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.