[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1589: Mythological Rage And Incest Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 510
Thread images: 72

File: JumpchainOP.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
JumpchainOP.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>JumpChain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>54100649
>>
File: hateyousomuch.png (186KB, 500x431px) Image search: [Google]
hateyousomuch.png
186KB, 500x431px
Part 1 of the PPC Write-up
https://pastebin.com/xJ1dZWPs

I was gonna do more but then I got tired and distracted. More to be posted, later.
>>
File: hobbit10.jpg (158KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
hobbit10.jpg
158KB, 640x472px
When it comes to recruiting Companions, explaining them the terms of Jumpchain, etc... What is your sales pitch like?
>>
Reminder to shove Hera in Zeus ass and then turn him inside out and shove him in behind her.
>>
Any tips on how to write fluff for perks?
>>
File: Digimon World Jump.pdf (248KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon World Jump.pdf
248KB, 1x1px
Okay folks, Jump seemed to be well received; so here's Version .2 with assorted corrections.

Change Logs
>Corrected the pricing on Mean Green Machine
>Clarified that Secret Hideout gives you similar safe houses in future jumps
>Added Drawback Section intro text,
>Fixed a few typos

Any other comments or criticism's I should take into account, or should I send this over to the Upload Folder now?
>>
>>54108896
Some inspiration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeUMCgZdEyU
>>
>>54108862
Umineko was a mistake. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to invite such wankery into this thread? It's almost as bad as Exalted.
>>
Would it be reasonable to say that a Defense-Focused Warrior-Monk from Overlord with Use Any Magic Item could pull a Berserkalot when Gilgamesh tries to spam his GoB at them?
>>
>>54108862
>the Great Potato Crisis War
You son of a bitch. I am dying, here.
>>
>>54108862
Things like that are why I usually try not to make waves. And tend to fake death instead of counterattacking. But then I started out as a monster in this chain and had to fight to get my humanity back, rather than fighting to hold onto it. Different experiences.
>>
We all know about the First Magic's capacity for making cool weapons but what are some fun ways it can be used to screw with people?

Things like creating a pokeball containing whoever pissed you off.
>>
>>54108880
...your picture sums it up?
Except I explain a tad bit more and take no for an answer :|
>>
>>54108984
Make the Elder Wand and shape it into a bong in front of noseless himself?
>>
>>54108896
Get to know the source material really well. Preferably base your perks of things that really stand out in the material, and draw on it heavily while describing the perk. Also try to avoid starting too many of them with "You can" ,"You are" and similar such things.

Depending on the material you might be able to copy the style of speech or writing to help things flow along. Also remember fluff is nice, but always make sure that the benefit of the perk is clear to people who read it.

Abit of fluff can add a lot of flavor to a perk, and help put it's effect into context with the setting; but too much can bloat the perk or make it's effect confusing.
>>
>>54108880
Does this smell like chloroform to you?

>>54108984
Creating a labyrinth where there was a door to a restroom. Making a lack of stairs replaced by a rope where there was a flight.
>>
>>54108862
>Of course, knowing me, this wasn't going to be easy. But how bad could it be, really?
Goddammit Decade, you're old enough to know better than to say things like this.
>>
So is there anyway to gain a pseudo-ripoff of Gilgamesh's ability? Something like you gain a copy of anything that's invented during your time in a jump?
>>
File: 1407443927723.jpg (49KB, 640x389px) Image search: [Google]
1407443927723.jpg
49KB, 640x389px
>>54108880
Pretty much everyone who I actually take as a permanent companion is a monster with some sort of built in loyalty. But for the jumps where I need temporary followers or allies, I just offer them some magical power or advanced technology to gain their favor.
>>
>>54109057
You could always try not being a total kleptomaniac and make your own stuff.
>>
File: M9NKdWZ.png (49KB, 706x568px) Image search: [Google]
M9NKdWZ.png
49KB, 706x568px
>>54108818
>Rage

Oh, I know about rage.
>>
>>54109035
To add to this, Perks (especially paid-for perks) should not be things that are "normal" to the setting. The Harry Potter jump doesn't have you pay to be a wizard - You pay for features above and beyond the norm for the setting (talent with memory charms, etc.)

Basically, if your budget was 0cp and had no drawbacks, you should have the basic ability to function in the world's setting. Perks are those things that take you from "extra number 124323" to "protagonist level" (or "antagonist level" - It bugs me when jumps don't include anything for non-heroic approaches) within the setting.
>>
File: 1332697053112.jpg (109KB, 700x667px) Image search: [Google]
1332697053112.jpg
109KB, 700x667px
Rolled 18 (1d50)

>>54108880
I let them know I'll be leaving the country in a couple years. I'm always surprised, but pleased, if they want to come with me. So I explain just what they'd be signing up for, and if they still want to go, that's it.
>>
>>54109145
I could, but you could always try giving a helpful answer instead of failing at being a smartass.
>>
>>54108880
>What is your sales pitch like?

Well I can tell you where it is.

in bed
>>
>>54109024
the elder bong which gets passed from user to user by stoned people accidentally leaving it at places

also called the bong of destiny
>>
Genius-Anon: A Master of the Axioms' examples are a little inconsistent. Apokalypse's sounds a fair bit better than the 5-dot version in "canon", but I'm not sure why Exelixi is emphasising false immortality pills when at 5 dots that Axiom allows for straight up ressurection.

Is it fair to assume that regardless of the examples, the Needle Grail capstone boost generally improves what you can make with them?
>>
>>54108880

>What is your sales pitch like?

Military service in many different environments and in places they could only dream of and there will be good times and bad but they can be honorably discharged if they want to leave after service but they do know that will mean FOREVER if they wish to return home or stay behind.
>>
>>54108880
Come with me if you want to live
a long, glorious life filled with more than you can possibly imagine
>>
File: vegeta_by_edgargomezart-d9e1lff.jpg (613KB, 773x1000px) Image search: [Google]
vegeta_by_edgargomezart-d9e1lff.jpg
613KB, 773x1000px
Jumpers!
I need amplifiers!
Magical amplifiers, strength amplifiers, perks that allow limitless growth in a field, give it all to me.
>>
>>54108911
It somewhat distresses me that some perks and items discount to 50CP or 150CP, but there is nothing that costs only 50CP on its own except for a companion import and the location buy.

I don't suppose you'd consider adding something for the sake of my OCD? Even a money buy-in or a bunch of figurines would be sufficient.
>>
>>54109398
the birth belt comes with the CLAWS Personal type:A series of modular robotic enhancements, One of which can multiply the strength of your Right arm no matter what it is by five,people tend to overlook that one.
>>
File: willy_wonka_by_sodano-dag08af.jpg (158KB, 431x950px) Image search: [Google]
willy_wonka_by_sodano-dag08af.jpg
158KB, 431x950px
>>54108880
COME WITH ME!
AND YOU'LL BE!
IN A WORLD OF PURE IMAGINATION!
TAKE A LOOK!
AND YOU'LL SEE!
INTO YOUR IMAGINATION!
WE'LL BEGIN, WITH A SPIN!
>>
>>54109446
And you fucking ruined it with improper punctuation and all-caps. Fucking cancer.
>>
>>54109422
Actually there are!

Each 300CP item has a 100CP upgrade. You take them both and the upgraded item now costs 200 CP.

As for the perks... that is actually an oversight, and a left over of a previous draft. You're supposed to get both of your 100CP perks for free. I'll fixed that in a bit.
>>
File: IMG_1174.jpg (259KB, 469x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1174.jpg
259KB, 469x810px
>>54106327

So it's basically pic related only made up of Servants?
>>
File: jc3.png (157KB, 322x504px) Image search: [Google]
jc3.png
157KB, 322x504px
>>54108880
A meal, coffee and a show. Not that different to a business lunch, really. There's a lot to go over, so I prefer to get to the point and keep things casual but formal to keep promising recruits on the level.

Not that I always have the luxury, sometimes it's more urgent, and more like "HEY I KNOW OUR FLYING CHARIOT JUST EXPLODED AND WE'RE FALLING OFF THE CLIFFS OF LENG INTO THE BURNING ABYSS OF CHTHUGHA BUT WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO SOMEWHERE SLIGHTLY LESS FUN AFTER THIS?"

>>54108984
Make a pie appear out of nothing when someone sits in a chair, staining their pants.

Apologise by serving them the same pie.

Eat the same pie in front of them, while they are also eating the same pie.

Throw the same pie out the window, at someone on the street.

Summon it quickly enough to catch the same pie in your hands, by catching it from another window for dramatic effect (by adding the concept of controlled kinetic vectors when you summon the same pie somewhere else)

Wait until the deja fu sinks in.

>>54109398
>magical amplifier

The Moonstone from Lone Wolf, the Eye of Set from Sword & Sorcery, the Eye of Agamotto from marvel Magic and the Crystal Palace from Infernals

>strength amplifiers

Mighty Skill or Serious Mode from One Punch Man, Only Human from Majikoi, Divine Form from The God of High School and most of the martial arts from Hokuto no Ken but especially Gou no Ken

>perks that allow limitless growth in a field

Greatest Magician of the Age, DC Occult?

>>54109446
>that sequel where the glass elevator turns out to be a spaceship and space is full of monsters that can chase after it easily

Still less of a swerve than me finding out Roald Dahl also wrote some stories about a 20th century philanderer/semen thief called Uncle Oswald
>>
>>54108969
I am a buffoon and require an explanation for this joke.
>>
>>54109425
>>54109398
oh it's from Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 1
other Multipliers are thousand master from Mahou Sensei Negima Jump which isthe benchmark for magic boosts,The art of war from Helsing which doubles your IQ,softcap from Elona to Remove the upper limi, gamers skills, gamers body and gamers mind gamers body and gamers mind from the gamer to remove the upper limits of your abilities And stats overall,Drive Clothes which opens up a number of boosted forms from Kingdom hearts ,Kamen Rider Heisei Part 1: Kuuga and Agito V 1.5 has seed of light which lets you develop new or more powerful forms and doesn't really have an upper limit

>>54109585
fuck you Switch Bitch was awesome!
>>
>>54109599
it's a reference to the multiplayer supplement on the drive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By55io-_u67HR2NaQ2piU3J2YUE/view?usp=sharing
>>
>My attempt to replace Gilgamesh's Treasury with one jumper stocks with treasures themselves.

Treasury of Jumper - EX
A pocket dimension that at first glance appears to be an empty version of Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon, anything placed inside is absorbed to become a part of it. It allows the user to summon anything from itself either directly to them or through portals which can fire them as projectiles. The user has complete control over the treasury's contents allowing them to be operated by thought and directed telekinetically. Objects from the treasury can be sent back to it at will by the user, having them disappear as if they were only illusions. If something from the treasury is broken the treasury can repair it, even if an item is somehow lost completely the treasury can eventually replace it.

Anyone who finds their way into the treasury will find it appears to be an opulent mansion filled with displays housing things added to the treasury by the user.
>>
>>54109643
Ah, that makes sense. Also, that sounds delicious.
>>
>>54109698
If memory serves. Someone once made it. Apparently it's only So-so
>>
>>54109712
Darn. Well, it's not like I had a shortage of potato recipes, so no big loss.
>>
>>54109675
Sure, but with all those extra effects, it'd have to be the size of a shed.
t. Val
>>
>>54109747
Pretty much all of those effects are just things Gil does with his Gate of Babylon.
>>
>>54109675
>even if an item is somehow lost completely the treasury can eventually replace it.
Lol, probably not.
>>
File: Digimon World Jump.pdf (248KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon World Jump.pdf
248KB, 1x1px
>>54108911
There we go

>Corrected Perk introduction to state that both 100CP perks are free to their Origin.
>>
>>54109057
The Legion Fabrication Unit item from the Genius jump could be useful for copying unique items.

Not sure if there's a perk that just lets you collect blueprints for everything in a jump. IIRC, it was ruled that Collector EX cannot do what Gilgamesh can. Gilgamesh's abilities are basically irreplaceable.
>>
>>54109675
Personally, I'd simply make a GoB variant that links to the Warehouse. If it's in the Warehouse, it's available to call and possibly fire. Because who doesn't want to launch a Girls und Panzer mini-tank at your enemy?
>>
>>54109787
With the way I intend for it to work it wouldn't really be possibly for anything to be properly lost completely because it would have been absorbed as a part of the treasury rather than being a thing inside the treasury. It would just be regrowing a damaged part of itself not recreating an item that has been destroyed.
>>
File: IMG_1175.jpg (53KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1175.jpg
53KB, 320x320px
>>54108911
>>54109788

Question.

Are there any limitations to the species of Digimon you can have or can become?

I know you can't obtain Mega here without out of jump bullshit because this is just Digimon World 1, I'm just talking about Ultimate and lower.

Like, say I wanted pic related as a partner even though he didn't exist at the time of Digimon World 1's release. Would that be possible as long as he can't reach Mega?
>>
>>54109830
Define the Noble Phantasm an item you control and stack features like Enchanted for King Arthur, item absorption, indestructibility, anti-theft, regen, weapon duplication, etc.

Alternatively, steal the Gate of Babylon (e.g. through the Prisma Illya drawback) and create a Noble Phantasm that does whatever can't be achieved through it. Apparently the retrieval effect is the power of a Noble Phantasm, but since it's not listed anywhere it's probably somewhere in the Gate.
>>
>>54109891
What Digimon is that?
>>
So Overlord Fallen Angels have to be evil or neutral. Doe stay mean you can't do anything heroic or that if you do you'll change into a normal angel?
>>
File: laughing plankton.gif (321KB, 430x322px) Image search: [Google]
laughing plankton.gif
321KB, 430x322px
>>54108862
Soon.
>>
>>54109938

Zubamon. The 20th Anniversary Digimon.
>>
>>54109951
It's not impossible for evil or neutral people to perform heroic deeds, they just tend not to do it on a consistent basis.
>>
>>54109951
>or that if you do you'll change into a normal angel?
Normal angels are locked into the good alignment, so probably not.

IIRC, someone asked how the alignment works (mind control? personality shift? mental compulsion?) and what happens if you violate it (explosion? losing your powers?), but no one knew.
>>
>>54109891
Yeah. The main limitation in terms with power is because in setting this is a "very young" digital world, and there hasn't been enough time for Digimon life to get that complex yet.

Even some species like Machinedrama which are Mega level down the line are "merely" ultimates" here; and have a lot less power as a result. So species isn't much of an issue in this setting.

As such if you want Zubamon to be your partner, than by all go forth with my blessing.
>>
>>54109990
You know what I mean. If you try to have some sort of redemption arc and become good.
>>
>>54110011
>Normal angels are locked into the good alignment, so probably not.
But the jump says fallen angels are actually normal angel that fell. So they have to have some ability to shift alignment, right?
>>
>>54110033
Could we/our digimon eventually reach Mega later on in the chain after we/they "mature"?
>>
>>54110033

Sweet.

Although I'm tempted to bring in my partners from the other Digimon jumps have them go Mega just to scare the shit out of Analogman
>>
>>54108880
I don't make "sales pitches". I meet people. I get to know people. I love people. I argue with people. I eat with people. I live with and around people.

And sometimes, when I go to say goodbye, those people decide they would rather be with me than anyone else in the world. Even considering my opinions towards relationships and the complicated web I'm already tangled in. So I tell them the truth about what I am and where I'm going. Once in a great while, I meet a person who decides it is worth all of that to come along anyways.

It isn't often and it isn't always who I expected, but I'm never sorry to have them at my side.
>>
>>54110033
I wanna find a way to get Digimon from Peter Chimera's Digimon series as a partner.

He's a Digimon called Digimon.
>>
>>54109951
I mean, Ainz has -500 and he isn't the most evil being on the planet. He's more of a neutral character that does bad things because he can't feel bad (due to being an undead lich) and also because he probably wouldn't (his original world was really fucked up). And even if your alignment could change, we don't know what would happen to a Fallen Angel because they haven't been shown to be a thing in the actual series, although I would guess that you wouldn't change into a normal Angel due to how racial levels work
>>
>>54110125
>Peter Chimera

Doesn't Half-Life have a Full Life Consequences drawback?
>>
>>54110151
Maybe Fallen Angels fall upward?
>>
>>54110151
>they haven't been shown to be a thing in the actual series
Wait, really?
>>
>>54110056
It is the nature of all digimon to grow more complex over time. So yeah, they could certainly hit Mega at a "suitably dramatic" point in time further down your chain.

That said, this setting doesn't come with anime-style digivices (at least not until latter games). So on their own that's going to take a /long/ time for them to achieve via their natural growth rate outside of the Digital World's "hyper time". That said, perks like Life Long Learning will certainly make it a lot more feasible for them to 'break their ceiling' in a "reasonable" number of Jumps.

Even Jijimon, someone who was old well before File Island went to crap, is stuck at the low end of the Ultimate power level. Though admittedly, he's more of a caregiver than a fighter.

So without Perks or Items helping, it's gonna take a while to get there.

>>54110080
Oh yeah, that would scare the crud out of everyone. Though be sure to take care of him quick; the guy has proven himself to be a fast learner, and annoyingly hard to permanently put down.

Last thing you want is for him to have the chance to study them enough to take a crack at making his own Megas.
>>
File: Kohaku.(Tsukihime).full.979151.jpg (573KB, 678x828px) Image search: [Google]
Kohaku.(Tsukihime).full.979151.jpg
573KB, 678x828px
Jump # 159 The Grim adventures of Billy and Mandy
Background: Drop In (0)
Starting location: Endsville
Perks:
*Cartoon Logic (0)
*Land of the dead (50)
*I always win (200, Discount)
*Don’t Touch Me (150, Discount)
*Animation (300)
Equipment
*The Reaper’s Scyth (600)
Drawbacks:
*Best friends forever (+ 300)

*Sigh* This was one of the hardest fights I have ever had as a jumper including the ones against cosmic beings and the ones I flat out lost.

I became the slave…friend of Billy and Mandy just like Grim. I was amazed to find such an evil person as Mandy. I had seen some of the episodes long long ago but had forgotten how evil she was. I decided I would find a way to cure her of her evil ways…

So this became a battle of wills. I had the idea I would grant her every selfish desire since she seemed incapable of true happiness and show her how shallow and meaningless her behavior was.

Well I would do well above and beyond what she would ask only for her to ask for something greater. She quickly picked up on what I was doing as expected.

Together we conquered the planet, then the universe, then several other dimensions… we made Billy a genius… then reversed it when she became uncomfortable with it. She named a few things that were beyond my ability I couldn’t make her God with a big “G”.

Eventually she seemed to get bored with things. All the power and wealth meant nothing to her because it took no effort. Eventually she made me use a wish to undo everything I had done for her. Later she grudgingly admitted she had learned something. Very Grudgingly.
>>
>>54110227
Maybe? I have no idea.

>>54110235
The only angels seen so far are Victim and the summons from the Theocracy, as well as the lion headed ones Ainz summons
>>
>>54110242
are you saying if we have a digivice from another jump we can go Mega ?
>>
Assuming jumper can handle the drain on their mana are there any issues with summoning a servant outside of the Fate Jump docs and turning them into a companion with jumper nonsense such as pods or feathers?
>>
can i be ancient greymon
>>
>>54110101
Man, remember when Finn was a little lady killer and not a turbo-virgin autist who couldn't talk to a girl without creeping on her?
>>
>>54110333
Just the issue of summoning them in the first place.

At that level of magic, you might be able to just create magic beings out of thin air, so you probably wouldn't have to make "servants" unless that's what you wanted.
>>
File: latest[1].png (36KB, 157x310px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
36KB, 157x310px
>>54110342
Nope.
>>
So what are the limits of having an element in Kingdom Hearts as a Nobody? Is it total control, restricted to a few "spells" or what?
>>
>>54110333
It requires several layers of Nasuverse metaphysics. There has to be a throne of heroes to get the heroes from. You likely need to know how the grail works and also need some element of the third magic.
It sounds like something that would be really hard even for a jumper. I can't say impossible but it would take a huge amount of prep work and perks to do so.
>>
>>54110333
Val covered that just a couple threads ago. You can totes do that, but they'd be built entirely off of Fate's magic system and your ability to power it.
So there's no "now that this character is a companion, they get their own body!" fiat. You have to power them through mana forever. Assuming you can do that, though, and assuming you have a pod or feather available to drag them along with you, you can absolutely do that.
>>
>>54110391
Then you need to go back and watch the first season at least.
>>
File: IMG_1176.png (418KB, 554x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1176.png
418KB, 554x412px
>>54110242

>That said, this setting doesn't come with anime-style digivices (at least not until latter games). So on their own that's going to take a /long/ time for them to achieve via their natural growth rate outside of the Digital World's "hyper time".

I mean technically you're already giving us anime-style evolution with the Classic Mode drawback.

Would it be possible to mod the v-pet you get from An Innocent Toy into a proper Digivice using out of jump abilities?
>>
File: 6b56585f366d25c58726efb592ba8e5d.png (729KB, 1205x1920px) Image search: [Google]
6b56585f366d25c58726efb592ba8e5d.png
729KB, 1205x1920px
>>54110342
Best part about Jumpchain is that I can literally ignore that entirely.

>>54110391
Man, he just wanted to go to the movies and Jake was a moron.
>>
>>54108984
Fuck magic weapons, fuck screwing with people.

I use the first to summon all the chocolate I can eat.
>>
>>54110333
Well, the Nasuverse cosmology has different shit under the hood than most worlds do. So, you'd have to use a sufficiently similar world, or create the infrastructure yourself.

Simplest route would probably be going to a fate jump to learn how, then going to a non-fate nasuverse jump and trying to brute force the ritual maybe? You'd need a lot of out-of-context bullshit to make it work, I suspect.

As for companion conversion, this is just my take, but the pod would work because pods work for everything, but the feather wouldn't because it doesnt have as much bullshit backing it.
>>
>>54110420
Why is Winnie such a cute?
>>
File: cute deon.png (43KB, 162x182px) Image search: [Google]
cute deon.png
43KB, 162x182px
>>54108880
Really depends on the person. I spend a good chunk of my time befriending the person I want to take with me.

"Hey so...I'm not from this world. You probably figured it out or at least that I'm not exactly a normal person. I'm a traveller. Kinda. Across different worlds. Don't think about it too hard. And I know we've spent a while together, but I'm wondering if you want to come with me? It's dangerous, though. And you won't see the people you love for a long time. But if you want to go back, you can do so at any time. But I won't be able to go back with you. But if you come with me, I can promise you a world of excitement and happiness as a hero. So what'll it be? I'll give you a week to think it over."

>>54109585
What's even funnier is that the Vermicious Knids were killed by atomspheric reentry.

>>54110333
Yeah, you can't summon Heroic Spirits outside of the Nasuverse unless it has the Grail and the Throne of Heroes.
>>
>>54110420
>There will never be a way to pick up plague winnie werewolf.

>>54110461
She's a tomboy werewolf with a crush on you.
>>
>>54108984
Use it to summon a waifu version of any enemy I face to deal with them, naturally the waifu version is always stronger.
>>
File: wind.png (314KB, 520x931px) Image search: [Google]
wind.png
314KB, 520x931px
>>54109675
>>54105321
Eventually. My DRAAAMA is finally over (Maybe) so I'm back into working on my stuff. Got over half of Nier 1's perks done last night alone. Anyway, it's only the first episode and I don't think it's even been subbed yet. Feels good to be writing again anyway.

>>54108648
Arthur didn't exactly refuse Mordred. He even gave Mordred a place in the Round Table, his most trusted knights. It's not Arturia's fault that Mordred has the biggest hissy fit ever over not getting bonding time with the king managing an entire country that repeatedly gets into literally impossible battles without his presence.

>>54109675
Sounds neat. Probably be a tiny bit smaller in the total amount of stuff ti can contain then if you just focused on space (You don't get infinite storage, but you're still getting the area of a large city, even if it's absorbing things) and everything else is fine except the treasury being able to fully replace entirely lost or destroyed things, which would be a bit too much.

Really, all it seems to be is just the normal GoB but with the retrieval NP built in.
>>
>>54110461
Because it's a fact and honestly the best use of a Scooby Doo Jump.
>>
>>54110465
>Yeah, you can't summon Heroic Spirits outside of the Nasuverse unless it has the Grail and the Throne of Heroes.
I said outside the jump doc not outside the Fate universe, like go to fate say no to the grail war and summon my own servants with blackjack and waifus.
>>
>>54110476
>always stronger

Reminder that Primate Murder is canonically able to do something True Magics can't ("true" ressurection) and Avalon is also explicitly proof against all the True Magics. So any enemy is a bit of an exaggeration.
>>
>>54110484
>to fully replace entirely lost or destroyed things
The Base GoB already does that. Haven't you noticed that Gil uses multiple copies of unique consumables?
>>
>>54110333
>>54110465
Wait, isn't there a set of Grail War plans you can buy? Which also seem to imply the setup needed can use magics to access the Throne of Heroes directly
>>
In Genius the Transgression, are bardos susceptible to havoc?
>>
>>54110512
No, actually, I don't believe I've ever seen that. What would be some examples of such?
>>
>>54108984
In my chain, for fluff purposes, Jumper woke up in that jump with a massive hang-over and command seals. They had managed to enter the war by summoning a spot for themself but, as a meta "prevent powergaming" measure, they can't figure out how they actually managed to do it.
>>
File: static.png (88KB, 405x343px) Image search: [Google]
static.png
88KB, 405x343px
>>54110496
Why do you think I said "Nasuverse" and not Fate?

In any case, you're gonna have to hook up the servants to a replenishing Mana battery but hooking them up shouldn't be too difficult with outside context stuff (True Magics makes it easier though). Making the Mana battery in the first place, I can't help you there. I used Kaleiscope Magic from Prillya to do it.

>>54110520
I would assume you could make a Grail War with that jump's heroes. So you could make a mini Grail War in a Fire Emblem world with only Fire Emblem characters as servants.
>>
>>54110507
What if I use 4th to erase Avalon's ability to disprove true magic?
>>
File: _m5iu2sRBWJ1r1675mo1_500.gif (409KB, 499x280px) Image search: [Google]
_m5iu2sRBWJ1r1675mo1_500.gif
409KB, 499x280px
>>54110342
He got better. The last couple seasons, actually, Finn has actively avoided romantic stuff because he specifically wants to stop feeling all weird and messed up about people.

I mean, I know it's easier to point at an old bad thing and go "this is when everything turned to shit!", but it's actually been getting better.

They kinda filled the void with episodes of Jake trying to connect with his kids.

>>54108880
I generally try to ease them into the idea of dimensional travel gently, which usually involves showing them my warehouse and giving them a little tour, and then asking if they'd like to come along with me. It's really low key and not that big a deal.
Reactions vary. Vera yelled at me for not telling her sooner.

Although there were a couple times where I did things differently. Like when I inadvertently recruited that Cryst Fairy, I basically went full Ragyo and told her Ouroborous was a hack and pumped myself up so much you would have thought I'd taken acting lessons from Gilgamesh.

And that time I recruited Malefor, which only involved the phrase, "YOU'RE HERE FOREVER NOW," followed by about ten minutes of malicious laughter.

>>54109398
There's a pretty good wand that amplifies magic in Neopets. Fayori's Rod or something?
>>
>>54110563
Avalon doesn't "disprove" true magic, and I'm not sure where you got the idea. It's description says True Magic straght up doesn't work on it, period.

No ifs.

No buts.
>>
>>54110571
>adventure time is getting better

Has the Lich done anything yet? At this point I'm only watching for the occasional eldritch abomination rampage
>>
>>54110536
The potion he uses to turn into a child in any war he treating even more like a game than usual.

It was the immortality herb he lost to a snake and which was in turn used to make a potion of youth. It is one of a kind and he has used it repeatedly.
>>
>>54110581
What if I use the 4th magic on itself to erase its inability to effect Avalon?
>>
>>54110607
I don't think you're grasping the concept of true magic not working on Avalon properly, anon.

Also? The 5th and the 1st are explicitly better than the other True Magics because they were retrieved from the Root directly rather than used as a path to it. They don't work on it either. The 4th can't help you.
>>
>>54110627
No, see, I know that they're not supposed to work on it. I'm changing them so they can work on it.
>>
>>54110571
That's less getting better and more ignoring the problem.
>>
>>54110594
He did? You sure he didn't just take sips from the potion instead? Or that the potion itself replenished on it's own, such as by reverting it's own age?

I'm reluctant to acknowledge such a significant effect when it's never been explicitly said to exist but if you can solidly prove it, I'm fine with that.
>>
>>54110592
Nah, he's still a giant baby man called Sweetpea, ever since he got hit with that life stuff from the prison dimension.
Although, with the recent Elements arc, which was resolved at the end with a spell that caused everything to "take its true form" or something to that effect, his broken horn regrew so that it's symmetrical to the other one. Dunno if that'll do anything.
That same spell also caused Jake to take on a blue alien form, similar to the creature that gave him his stretchy powers.

Next season confirmed to be the finale, by the way! Adventure Time is gonna be over soon.
>>
File: bernkastelsoriginalcharacter.png (273KB, 428x600px) Image search: [Google]
bernkastelsoriginalcharacter.png
273KB, 428x600px
>>54108862
Part 2 of the PPC Write-up out of idk how many yet
https://pastebin.com/xQGTHCq9
A look into the most important yet worst companion's mind.
>>
File: Field Repairs.png (203KB, 909x775px) Image search: [Google]
Field Repairs.png
203KB, 909x775px
Can exalted manses not counting the ones you can buy be built in other jumps?
>>
>>54110643
You can't do that. Not indirect enough.

Instead, you need to erase Arturia's legend.
>>
>>54110627
You're forgetting that the 4th Magic in the jump is completely non-canon, and therefore Avalon shouldn't have any defenses against it. It doesn't even know what it's defending against.
>>
>>54110607
>>54110684
Avalon's whole thing is that it flat out doesn't exist within the World. It is explicitly in Another World.

True Magic is of the World (yes, including the Second), do you see the problem now?
>>
>>54110684
>Jump's Fourth Magic erased the canon Fourth Magic
I'm going to assume this until something contradicts it.
>>
>>54110643
No, see. If you could change True Magics that much then the Einzburns wouldn't have lost theirs because they would have wished theirs into eternity, Zelretch would have changed his to avoid blowing out his own circuits and the First's heir wouldn't be barely alive right now.

Despite what you seem to think, True Magics are not in fact semantic word games you can cheat around.

>>54110680
Also, there is no Be Goetia perk so you cannot actually do that either.

>>54110684
The fuck kind of logic is that.
>>
>>54110667
I don't see why not, though you'd need access to a demesne, and not all universes support geomantic energy nexuses like that.
>>
>>54110698
Yeah, but the 4th Magic isn't of that world, either. Because the one we have isn't canon. It's pretty basic logic, here. Avalon defends against the things of the world. The "4th Magic" we have isn't of that world. Therefore it doesn't defend against it.
>>
>>54110712
>Also, there is no Be Goetia perk so you cannot actually do that either.
Why does that stop you from erasing it from everyone's memory or erasing her father or Merlin before she's born?
>>
>>54110712
They're fucking with you.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (128KB, 1280x674px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
128KB, 1280x674px
>>54110411
It does, just remember that in the show they needed a Deus Ex Machina prophecy centered around the off chance that two of their digidestined would end up with Angel digimon, and a strong enough relationship with their older siblings that shooting them with their Digimon's strongest attack would trigger Mega Evolution instead of killing them on the spot. Just to allow their Brother's two ultimate Digimon to reach mega for a few minutes. Anime-Style evolution isn't easier to power up with; it just has different conditions to pull it off. You're trading consistency for ease of use basicly.

Well in the show they've turned flip phones and card readers into digivices; so it's just a matter of having the skill and power to pull it off. That said, An Innocent Toy would probably be /very/ more receptive to the conversion process.
>>
>>54110715
>>54110667
A Demesne is just a "ley line", or rather a "ley line convergence", by another name. And there are perks that let you make those.
>>
>>54110698
How can it effect things if it doesn't exist?

Why would something not existing effect whether magic could effect it?

If Avalon is proof against true magic, meaning it claims that magic doesn't exist, while simultaneously admitting that it does not, itself, exist, doesn't that mean we'd be using something that doesn't exist to effect something that doesn't exist? Shouldn't that make Avalon EXTRA vulnerable to true magic?
>>
>>54110744
Why is Takato's hand all fucked up?
>>
>>54110655
I might go looking for proof later but regardless is is still somewhat different from what I intend anyway. It would less be that the Treasury would be recreating something that was lost but rather the treasury had absorbed the item in question to become a part of the NP, it couldn't really be truly lost any more than Gil could lose one of his treasures. Destroying an item from the treasury is less breaking an object as it is injuring the treasury, an injury that would eventually heal.
>>
>>54110765
>Takato
He's holding it with his left hand.
>>
>>54110742
I wish they'd at least buy me a drink and take me out to dinner first.

>>54110733
Well, because I was assuming you chucklefucks were only doing that with the True Magics, none of which afford you that sort of precision time travel retcon.

>>54110762
It's like Scion's avatar, and the main body. The sheathe is sort of a portal into Avalon proper, which is this heavenly otherworld where bad things cease to happen so much that another manifestation of Avalon can stop Tiamat's chaos flood even though it has a very low rank.

Forget about the existence shit.

There isn't a lot of information to work with here, but Avalon specifically can't be affected by the True Magics. No, we don't have any clue what the mechanism is.
>>
File: d5fxshb.jpg (14KB, 188x188px) Image search: [Google]
d5fxshb.jpg
14KB, 188x188px
>>54110592
> At this point I'm only watching for the occasional eldritch abomination rampage
Also, just because I feel like this bares mentioning, if you want some crazy shit, the Elements arc was NUTS.

There was like this crazy Ice Witch lady who wanted to awaken the powers of the other Elemental Princesses, right? Flame Princess, Slime Princess, and Peebles. She showed up a little while back, and babbled some shit about them taking their rightful place blahblah.
So, then Finn goes off on this island hopping adventure to learn about his past, right? The Islands arc, it involves a lot of backstory about Finn, Finn's mom, Marty, and Susan. It was pretty cool! Apparently there's this super advanced human society miles and miles away offshore in this societal bubble. It's pretty neat.

But while Finn is gone, Ice Witch does some crazy spell that causes the other three princess's elements to go completely haywire and take over their personalities, and they take over the entire continent of Ooo, and divide it into the four elements. People get turned into candy people, slime people, and become brainwashed... it's totally nuts.
Definitely something a jumper should watch out for.

>>54110653
I mean... he admitted there was a problem? And then he stopped doing the problem thing. And now focuses more on adventures and protecting people.

Unless you want him to turn all super alpha and fuck all da bitches, I don't know what else he could do.
>>
>>54110821
His fingers still look fucked up
>>
>>54110747
Yes, and? I'm sure there's a perk to violate any rule of nature you can think of. I was for the sake of simplicity talking about manses in the absence of any perks, just referring to the geomantic engineering skill itself. And Demesnes are NOT ley lines or ley line convergences. They can form at them, but the two are not the same thing and you can have ley line convergences without Demesnes and Demesnes miles away from ley lines. In fact, Oadenal's Codex says that the strongest Demesnes are the ones that don't form on ley lines. Though that might just be because there are no ley lines for Celestial or Abyssal Essence, and those do tend to be stronger Demesnes on average.
>>
>>54110829
>we don't have any clue what the mechanism is.
Doesn't that mean that it's possible you can use true magic on it, and it's just that no one has found the work-around yet?

What if we use true magic to find the loophole?
>>
>>54110841
I mostly blame the Digivice.
It's as ergonomic as most Nintendo controllers.
>>
>>54110814
I'm aware, it makes it no less powerful an effect. One use items become infinite use, so long as you can wait a bit in between. You can gain the full benefits of sacrificing any item without paying a larger cost then being temporarily without it. Put a living being into your treasury and it'll resurrect them from death if they die. It's a very powerful effect/expansion to the GoB and not something I'd lightly go "Okay, that's a balanced addition".

Even if you phrase it a different way, it still has the same end result.
>>
>>54101511

Almost certainly. A physiomancer can add new limbs and make permanent bodily changes. At best we've seen gangsters rebuilt as powerful monster men and a physiomancer Shoggoth that could make your head invert on itself at distance.
>>
>>54110841
I think its because he's holding it with his fingers extended, but you can't really see that, so the thumb especially looks wrong.
>>
>>54110829
If the Fourth can erase fucking concepts, why can't it erase concrete events or persons that happened/existed in the past?
>>
>>54110762
I didn't say "Avalon doesn't exist," I said "Avalon doesn't exist in the World."
The World's magic can't apply to "Avalon's World" because the underlying Laws of Reality are different.

In the same vein, nothing beyond Emiya can alter the world of UBW.

>>54110857
Avalon is of the Fae, not Gaia/Alaya. The rules of Earth/Humanity (and thus True Magics) have no hold elsewhere.
>>
>>54110845
>was for the sake of simplicity talking about manses in the absence of any perks, just referring to the geomantic engineering skill itself.
How the fuck do you know about the difference between a Demesne as a Ley Line, but you don't know you need a Demesne to make a Manse?

And that Infernals are the only Exalts with a canon charm for making a Demesne, and even then it's a tier-1 attuned to Vitriol.
>>
>>54110831
>I don't know what else he could do.
They could reverse the character assassination and not make him an awkward creeper? Turning him into one is still a problem if he still is one and just avoids girls so it doesn't happen.
>>
>>5411085
What part of there is literally no way to prove or disprove that do you not fucking grasp you dumb cunt

Literally the only thing we know about True Magics is that they can't actually solve all problems forever by brute force, and on average do more harm than good in the hands of most.
>>
>>54110829
That's stupid. And retarded.

In fact, that is so stupidly retarded that I going to genocide all the faeries. For once again they tire me with their retarded, stupid shenanigans.

Fucking faeries.
>>
>>54110875
Because Nasuverse powerlevels. It's that simple, you dense shit. "Erase concepts" doesn't automatically work on lots of concepts there if the concepts are buff enough. And like it or not, Avalon is fluffed as being buffed enough that you can't affect it with True Magics.

>>54110885
Side note: "World" means "rules of reality" in Nasuspeak
>>
>>54110930
What if I erase the rules that say I can't erase everything?
>>
>>54110930
>Side note: "World" means "rules of reality" in Nasuspeak

Hence why I originally worded Avalon as explicitly being "Another World."

So, here's the fundamental breakdown: Nasu says Avalon is beyond the World. As long as you are trying to apply ANYTHING Nasu to the problem, even a fanwanked version of Nasu, you can't affect Avalon.
>>
>>54110926
You're a bit late. The magical climate changed caused by diminishing Mystery made all the magical creatures either die out, or abandon Earth proper to go to a place called the Reverse Side of the World (not actually Gaia's reverse side, it's a weird otherworld that isn't talked about much). They're gone.

Arcuied is pretty much the only relevant one alive in the present day. And she's a vampire fairy now. And in spite of how retarded the concept is, Nasu still likes to playfully hint she is somehow more powerful than pretty much anything except maybe humanity as a whole; this is a big maybe because while humanity will exceed everything from the Earth, Arcuied is technically the idealised avatar of the moon born through the Earth's power
>>
>>54110963
>>How the fuck do you know about the difference between a Demesne as a Ley Line, but you don't know you need a Demesne to make a Manse?
I did know you need a Demesne to make a Manse. I said that in my first post on the topic here >>54110715 (You), "you'd need access to a demesne". But you don't need Charms to make Demesnes, anon. Again, Oadenol's Codex, there are rules for creating Demesnes through large-scale feng shui. Anyone can make a Demesnes. Fucking mortals can make Demesnes, though not very strong ones. I figure that the geomantic engineering skills that allow that would work in other worlds, presuming they're ones where there's a natural flow of mystical energy that can be influenced by the landscape. If there isn't, then you'd need perks to set up such a flow.
>>
>>54110864
I just want you to know that I completely understand why you're choosing to stay out of this stupid, stupid argument and that I should've gotten out before I got in too deep.

>>54110951
I physically hunt you down through the internet with precision the likes of which has never been seen before, and glass you in your cunt face.

>>54110954
Yeah sorry, I was just mentioning that for anyone who didn't already know. Didn't mean to include you with them.
>>
>>54110930
>And like it or not, Avalon is fluffed as being buffed enough that you can't affect it with True Magics.
It's not affecting Avalon. I'm assuming Avalon would still exist. You're just changing the course of history so that Arturia never comes to be.

Avalon's still out there, never touched by True Magic. It's just not tied to her.
>>
>>54110981
Eh, I figure that eventually when people want me to give my thoughts on it, they'll ask. Until then, better to spend my time writing perks out.
>>
>>54110864
>One use items become infinite use
Not exactly; I say eventually for a reason, I have no intention for this to easily just restore a one off for repeated use. To use the injury metaphor again more powerful treasures being damaged or destroyed would be a bigger wound that would take more time to "heal". With even minor magic items taking far too long to "heal" for them to be used again anytime soon. Grander treasures would take an extremely long time to "heal" though they are also much less likely to be damaged or destroyed anyway.

Sure powerful one off items could /eventually/ be restored but it would take quite a bit longer than most jumps, probably several.
>>
>>54110974
Are we including Charms and Sorcery? There's a Cecelyne Charm called Dune-Drowned Oasis Ritual that can create a manse over the course of years from your cult's worship. It's E4, so it's conceivable there could be upgrade Charms to make it work faster.

As for Sorcery, I'm not sure but I think Solar Sanctuary creates one?

>>54110995
Okay, which of the True Magics alone lets you change the course of history that much? I don't remember a wish using the Third that powerful, and the Third explicitly has limits on it's wishes since Kiritsugu couldn't magically fix the whole world.

If you're using something else, sure maybe

Seems a long way to go just to win a dickmeasuring contest with Saibah, but you do you
>>
>>54110981
I freely admit that I'm primarily involved because I think it's funny.
>>
File: luckyEP5_9.jpg (10KB, 314x177px) Image search: [Google]
luckyEP5_9.jpg
10KB, 314x177px
>>54110891
Oh, no? He still talks to girls. I didn't mean to imply he was, like, avoiding GIRLS. I just meant he was avoiding romance.

There was this actually this whole episode where he's helping Huntress Wizard try to summon her old mentor, a nature spirit, and Jake keeps poking him like he's in love, because Jake is Jake, and the whole time Finn is like, "No dude."
Which is about the first eight minutes of the eleven minute episode. "No dude."

Finn and Huntress Wizard go through a lot of rituals and flute playing and finally summon up the nature spirit, and there's some conversation between the three of them, and it turns out that Huntress Wizard kindof developed a thing for Finn, but she's too druidic and wildernessy to want to start a relationship.
And Finn admits he'd started to feel something, but he didn't want to make it weird, so he was just gonna help her summon her old mentor.
And then they both decide it wouldn't work and part ways. And it's kinda cute.
And that's... prettymuch the extent of romantic-type stuff. Flame Princess is basically off-screen, although we do see (and have a couple episodes revolving around) Cinnamon Bun running errands. Finn still hangs out with Marcy and Peebs and Susan, and it's prettymuch just that. Hanging out and doin' adventure stuff.

But most of the new seasons have been taken up by big 8/9 episode long arcs, like Stakes and Island Adventure and Elements, so other than that, there hasn't been a lot of room for much else.
>>
>>54111030
Well one of them can erase concepts and one of them is literally time travel?
>>
>>54111026
Even if it takes longer, it still remains an issue. Eventually, no matter how permanent or one time the use, you get it back without needing to do a thing. It's certainly less of an issue with it being so long but it's hardly fixed, not when there are both ways around that time and just the fact of there being so much time anyway.
>>
>>54110864
>I'm aware, it makes it no less powerful an effect.
Ok. Spell out for us what exactly the Gate of Babylon (the one a jumper an buy) does exactly?

Because there are people saying pay for it as an EX Noble Phantasm. But what the fuck does that get you? Because you are saying it starts empty.

An Empty room that doesn't do any thing shouldn't cost any CP at all. An empty room that you can open a portal to and the contents can be thrown through sounds more like a rank E Noble Phantasm, not EX.

I was assuming something similar to a cross between Unlimited Blade Works and Knight of Honor. The Phantasm is the Treasure Vault of all the Worlds Treasures. Things interred there become treasures by definition, and when you call upon the Gates of Babylon you can manifest Noble Phantasms of the actual contents stored inside.
>>
File: 1479613226374.jpg (94KB, 345x396px) Image search: [Google]
1479613226374.jpg
94KB, 345x396px
What happens if you use a perk that says "this perk will always do a thing, no matter what" on someone with a perk that say "this perk will always prevent a thing, no matter what?"
>>
>>54110744
>Anime-Style evolution isn't easier to power up with; it just has different conditions to pull it off. You're trading consistency for ease of use basicly.

I have the Digivolution Disk from the Generic Digimon jump, and the means to replicate it with Minecraft Cheat Code.

Achieving Mega isn't an issue, even with Classic Mode.

I'm mainly taking Classic Mode for nostalgia reasons anyway.>l
>>
>>54111033
I think people are angry because they perceived Finn as being much more confident and less insecure, and wanted him to progress to casual flirting or something

>>54111042
>time travel

Something like a minute of bonafide time travel almost netted the one canon user of it a smackdown by the Counter Force. It's not very good for time travel at all.

>erase concepts

And again, the 4th is explicitly inferior to the 5th

>>54111031
YOU WOT M8
>>
>>54111081
Well it's not my fault that they apparently can't do what the jump doc says they can.
>>
>>54111073
Depends on whose perk is stronger I guess

All things being equal, I suppose you both have to fight like normal people instead of being all chuuni about your unfalliable thundercock of destiny or whatever you're bringing to the fight
>>
>>54110864
>>54111026
>Put a living being into your treasury and it'll resurrect them from death if they die.
Also no, items only. Perhaps an intelligent sword but definitely not living creatures.

>>54111048
Well it does have to do something, it is a noble phantasm. It can't just be a big storage locker that throws stuff for me.
>>
>>54111073
they negate each other, find another way
>>
File: 1460068849749.jpg (122KB, 900x1363px) Image search: [Google]
1460068849749.jpg
122KB, 900x1363px
>>54111073
Your chain ends in an implosion of infinite power that ripples through the multiverse. So that even when you reappear in your home universe, the shockwave destroys it out from under you.
>>
>>54111030
>Are we including Charms and Sorcery? There's a Cecelyne Charm called Dune-Drowned Oasis Ritual that can create a manse over the course of years from your cult's worship.
That's the Charm mentioned in "only Infernals have a Charm to make Demesnes" argument that anon was using. That's actually not correct, though. Wyld-Cauldron Technology can make them out of Wyld-tainted lands, as can Conning Chaos Technique.

As for Solar Sanctuary, it doesn't make Demesnes, it makes Manses. You need Demesnes for it to cap. Though again, you can just make Demesnes. The Charms specifically for them are faster, but anyone can just grab a shovel and landscape until one forms.
>>
>>54111094
They can do what they say in the jump, they simply can't to the level of finesse you need to erase someone specific who lived hundreds of years ago in Camelot from history without further repercussions.
>>
>>54111094
To be fair, a force actively working against overt changes that can put the world/humanity is a factor separate from the Magic Blue's ability to do weird time shit.
>>
>>54111051
It's an unfortuante state of affairs but giving you the actual Gate of Babylon, even at EX, would make any other purchase of an NP a stupid move. There is literally no reason at all to not get the GoB then, when you can thousands, tens of thousands, millions or however many NPs are stored there with loads of extra uses.

This is a situation that just can't be fixed. Allowing it would completely unbalanced the supplement and absolutely result in an OTB situation, because taking any other choice would be millions of times more inefficient. Even if you wanted an ability based NP, it's not like taking an EX rank costs so much you can get more then one NP, particularly if you go for discounts on NPs.

Thus, some changes had to be made. The GoB starts empty. It doesn't have infinite space (Though am amenable to maybe changing that with EX rank? Who knows). It can fire things out at high speeds and exert limited control over them, enough to home them in on targets or telekinetically wield them around the wielder. It has enough space to match the area of something like Melbourne or Sydney cities, a small country basically. It'll slowly repair, but not entirely replace, damaged things within it and the portals to it can be summoned at distances or in weird angles.

What you're assuming is a much better version of an already insanely good NP. One I could never offer without resulting in the above situation of absolute OTB.
>>
>>54110995
Even if you accomplished this... That's one of an indeterminate number of Arturia's. Big deal. Her legend is secure from your efforts. She still drew the sword and became King.

To do this properly, you're talking post-Spark levels of power, and would require out-of-context powers beyond the Nasuverse assumptions.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>54110273
Oh, sorry. Seems I missed ya.

That would be correct bancho, assuming you can attune the Digivice to your partner of course; since some digivices tend to be picky about that sort of thing. That said, you might want to take a few things into account when picking the right digivice for you and your partner.

Anime Digivices are more of a shortcut to power. They bypass the whole "needs to achieve a certain growth level, and meet certain prerequisites to evolve" by substituting it for the Tamer's own emotional energies.

On the plus, this allows even a year old digimon to reach Mega by drawing on their Tamer if their tamer is strong enough to support them, and has the proper degree of emotional maturity; all without ever needing to train your digimon too.

On the downside Anime-Style evolution is temporary, physically exhausting for the digimon, can be corrupted by the Tamer's negative emotions, and usually need a McGuffin in order to reach Ultimate and/or Mega.

So yes, you can totes do it; just remember both methods have their strengths and weaknesses.
>>
>>54111108
It can do plenty without this one specific ability anon.
>>
>>54111129
...that can put the world/humanity at risk*. Damn you, me.
>>
>>54111114
>as can Conning Chaos Technique.
Actually, wait, nevermind. I just checked the text again and it can't make Demesnes, just normal landscapes. Whoops. Still, Solars can make Demesnes the fast way. Or anyone with project-speeding Charms if they're doing it the normal way.
>>
>>54111131
Well that dude's actually talking about making Arturia never have been born.
>>
File: Nail.jpg (10KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
Nail.jpg
10KB, 298x169px
So companioning Alexander Anderson and bringing him to kick Chaos ass in Warhammer 40k/Fantasy.

Best idea or Best idea?
>>
>>54111114
I just thought Wyld-tainted land is hard to find outside of Creation unless you have that perpetual Creation (TM) brand reality factory thing someone made a while ago

There's also Infernal Bastion, though that's just the one per sorcerer by default.
>>
>>54111131
Yes, and? Who cares about the other Arturias in alternate timelines. You only need to retcon the one in the timeline you're in. Though actually if you're doing that it might be easier to instead use the Second Magic and go to a world where it never happened, instead of using the Fourth to change the world you're currently in so it never happened.
>>
>>54111162
Okay idea. He fits in fine unless he uses the nail, at which point most people will think he just turned into a chaos spawn
>>
File: Ready_d2be04_1610486.jpg (34KB, 362x411px) Image search: [Google]
Ready_d2be04_1610486.jpg
34KB, 362x411px
>>54111162
That...actually seems like a good idea, go for it.
>>
>>54111162
Man, go for it. That dude would absolutely adore being in charge of his own chapter and wages a millennia long war against literal demons of vice and sin.

Just grab him before he gets his hands on the Nail. That was just a bad idea from the ground up.
>>
>>54111162
Post-Nail Anderson is worst Anderson,

Everyone, in and out of universe, will tell you so.
>>
>>54111172
>go to a world where it never happened

Finally, thank you. Yes, I suppose going to a world where Avalon doesn't exist beautifully solves your inane grudge by letting it go.
>>
>>54111193
What's even so bad about it, if you're fighting fucking Alucard you need every advantage. Might as well become a tentacle monster if that helps.

Abraham must have been some total bullshit
>>
>>54111169
If you're a Solar and you can't figure out how to destabilize reality enough to Shape it like it was the Wyld, you're doing things wrong.
>>
>>54111172
That's one solution... Possibly.

What are you actually trying to accomplish though?
>>
File: Konaco.jpg (19KB, 490x276px) Image search: [Google]
Konaco.jpg
19KB, 490x276px
>>54111081
Ehhh. Finn NEVER casually flirted, even in the early seasons. He would occasionally get a kiss, but he would mostly just blush or be nonplussed about it.
So if people say "Adventure Time was better before!", and then turn around and want him to be all suave, I would wonder what cartoon show they were watching.

But I'm not going to assume that's what people mean. I'll take them on their initial diagnoses of "It used to be better", and just say, "Well, it's better now".
And if people still don't like it, that's fair, because we all like what we like. I guess I just feel like it's not fair to judge it by the metric of "Finn turned into a creep!", when they've actually been pulling away from that for a few years now.

Having the benefit of hindsight, I can't help but look back on all of it and think of it in terms of growing up.
Like, Finn doesn't have any other humans in his life but for Susan, and his closest role model is Jake, who is a terrible role model.
So if Finn started out at, like, ten years old, that means in a few years he went through puberty, and had nobody to tell him how to direct those feelings, and was awkward and weird.
And then eventually he grew out of that, and stopped being weird.

And that doesn't really excuse the level of weirdness, but looking at it from a distance, it's... uh... I'm gonna say, "Interesting."

What I'm saying is, Finn could use a positive male role model in his life, and I nominate Jumper.
>>
>>54111202
Alucard let Abraham win, and would have let Alexander win, because he wants to die at the hands of a HUMAN, not a "monster of God"

Also Alucard is even stronger than he was when he fought Abraham, because of magical experiments done to enhance his strength.
>>
>>54111211
Oh, I have no idea. That's some other anon who has the grudge about Avalon keeping him from cock-slapping everything with the First Magic. I was just proposing that going somewhere without Avalon would be a lot easier way to get around it than making Avalon not exist.
>>
>>54111220
>Jumper
>Good role model
what multiverse are you living in.
>>
>>54111202
It takes a Man to kill a Monster. Alucard even says it himself. Which is why he looks so sad when Alexander whips out the nail and even asks him not to go through with it.
>>
File: tumblr_nudb61a39X1tsln6ao1_500.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nudb61a39X1tsln6ao1_500.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>54111245
I don't know but there are a lot of pretty colours.
>>
>>54111245
Hey! Some of us aren't complete and total assholes!
I, for one, actually go out of my way to not be an asshole to people. I might not be the best person around, but dammit I at least try!
>>
>>54111242
Ah. I was trying to figure out what the hate-on was about, because "wiping out entire concepts" seems a bit of an extreme method of avoiding a single artifact.

Especially since, you know, even if everything else went as normal up to the Fourth War... Kotomine and Gil would have won without Arturia on the opposing side. Given his Wish and the corruption of the Grail, that would have been a Bad Thing.
>>
>>54111242
I thought it was the 4th

>>54111266
>>54111241
>Alucard is a big humanboo

I keep forgetting that. He just breaks the stereotype so much.
>>
>>54111245
Oi, being a good role model is one of my active goals. I shelter orphans, help out in the community and generally try to lead by example.
>>
>>54111266
Alucard has some weird standards on what makes a "human" though. Like, even before Helena's Nail, Anderson was an inhuman monster from all his augmentations. Why would gaining plant powers change things? The only thing I can think of is that Helena's Nail, being an artifact of Christ Himself, caused some sort of change in Anderson's soul as it burnt out his personal capacity for Grace and replaced it with the absolute certainty of the light of God. So maybe it would be just fine in Alucard's eyes to kill him so long as you've retained your capacity for moral autonomy and spiritual growth, no matter what you've physically become.
>>
>>54111306
I'm curious now, can Goetia actually use the 5th and did his blast wipe out Avalon before Merlin left? I remember one of his attack's names is copied from one of Arc's, and Kiara now canonically uses a spinoff of the Third for her vagina demon pillar universe absorbtion attack.
>>
File: decade.jpg (73KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
decade.jpg
73KB, 480x270px
>>54111245

Yeah, you got me.
>>
>>54111317
>ike, even before Helena's Nail, Anderson was an inhuman monster from all his augmentations
The augmentations were all human-made, no different than using a gun.
The nail had the power of God, something that Not Human.
>>
>>54111130
>It's an unfortuante state of affairs but giving you the actual Gate of Babylon, even at EX
>Though am amenable to maybe changing that with EX rank? Who knows)
You. You know.
Could you tell me what the abilities of Gate of Babylon is like at each level?
Because I was basing off of Unlimited Blade works, which can temporarily manifest multiple noble phantasms number depending on Magical Power, and is NOT even Ex rank. And bumping it to EX for the remote manipulation, also based on magical power. Only instead of having this huge template calalog of swords you can make copies of, you have to have something actually in the Vault to make a copy of it.
You seem to be over nerfing the Gates compared to other Noble Phantasms here.
>>
>>54111317
I thought the implication was that after stabbing himself with the nail, Anderson wasn't really all there anymore up until the very moment it was yanked back out, just becoming a vessel for god.
>>
>>54111130
> It doesn't have infinite space
Actually it does, Gil's Gate of Babylon has infinite contents so it has to have infinite space. I get that you can't offer a Gate with it's contents but there is no point in putting any other restrictions on it.

>What you're assuming is a much better version of an already insanely good NP.
In setting it is stated that the GoB isn't actually very good, it is the contents that make it powerful. All the Gate of Babylon does it provide a decently cool way of storing and wielding other weapons which you have to provide.

>absolute OTB
I don't think it is even possible for a OTB to exist for NPs, there are already so many incredible hax NPs to take that it would be very difficult to find one that is the "best" unless you actually offered a pre filled GoB.
>>
>>54111367
>infinite space
That was one of the limits she put on it, she wasn't saying Gil's does or does not have infinite space.
>>
File: 12314.jpg (236KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
12314.jpg
236KB, 1920x1080px
>>54111317
It wasn't the Nail granting Anderson "plant powers" that changed things. It was the Loss of Self that comes along with using the Nail. It completely burned out his personality and sentience. He became, literally, a monster that attacked simply for the sake of the battle.

Heinkel and Yumie talked about it a little in the show.

http://hellsing.wikia.com/wiki/Helena%27s_Nail

As to your last point, you're probably right up to a point.
>>
>>54111337
No, that's stupid. One of humanity's defining traits is our ability to acquire and use resources. No other species on the planet does what we do. Language, tool-use, even fire, all are known to other species. But humans change this world in a way that no species since the ancient oxygen-producing stromatalites ever has. We reshape environments for our own use. Cut down forests, dig out mountains, carve enormous canals across continents. We already take the works of God and make them our own. There is no fundamental difference between using divine power and human technology...so long as the divine power doesn't consume you from the inside and make you a hollow creature incapable of human interaction.

>>54111362
>>54111391
Yeah, that's what I was talking about with Helena's Nail burning out his capacity for Grace. He wasn't a free-willed agent capable of choosing good or evil anymore, he just was an extension of the High and Holy.
>>
>>54111448
To be fair, dolphins would most likely be able to do the same stuff if they had appendages as capable as what we have.
>>
>>54108880
In my current chain? Depends. For the most part, it's just a matter of beating them up and making them my minions, with a few exceptions. Those few exceptions being deals, promises of great power and/or revenge, and in two cases genuinely making friends with the minions in question. What? I'm a Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain, what did you expect.
>>
>>54111367
>there is no point in putting any other restrictions on it.
There is, and it boils down to "muh Quicksilver", "muh tradition".
>>
>>54111351
And UBW costs, sometimes a lot, which GoB doesn't. And UBW is limited to a certain category of things. Which you must have seen. And only a certain sub category of things is at the normal cost, anything in the rest of the category costs more and more. And each copy is worse by at least a level.

UBW can expand fairly far beyond Sword but I seriously doubt it can go beyond handheld weapon at most, so quite a bit of what might fit in GoB is inapplicable for UBW. UBW also being a reality marble, would both change you to fit it and be heavily nerfed outside of the temporary arena summon of the RM.

If you still don't believe they're equal, please give some suggestions as to upgrades. Keeping in mind that filling the GoB with genuine NPs is not an option.

>>54111367
I'm aware, that something changed for the buyable version.

This post also brings up another issue. Let's say I say that what GoB does for EX now is now given for a lower rank. Then everyone wants to know what it does at EX now. Anything I can think of certainly would be too big to add on then. I've acknowledged it's not perfect but I've yet to see a good way to fix that that isn't horribly broken.

>Absolute OTB
Yes and you would get most of those incredibly hax NPs by taking this. let's not evne pretend there's an argument around this when you're getting at absolute minimum, dozens of very good NPs, and more likely many thousands of them, if not far more..
>>
>>54111382
But why? Obviously it can't include the contents but what is the reason for the other restrictions?

>>54111474
That is not helpful anon.
>>
>>54110658
Yo, man, had a question (sorry): How buff is the defense aspect of Unconquered?
>>
>>54111448
>There is no fundamental difference between using divine power and human technology
Except one turns you into a Silly String Monster, and the other doesn't.
>>
>>54111492
Infinite space pocket dimension for E rank is a 'bit' much anon. Isn't that obvious? I said above I was open to changing this for the higher levels but I'm pretty okay with that not being a thing at lower levels.
>>
>>54111351
Wait, UBW isn't EX? Since when?
>checks UBW
>E to A++
...But. That's the entire breadth of the scale.
>checks GoB
>E to A++
I mean, at least that's consistent?
>>
File: 1259005803304.gif (840KB, 319x240px) Image search: [Google]
1259005803304.gif
840KB, 319x240px
What are some times when good-intentioned people decided they needed to stop you?
>>
>>54111492
People don't want to render the Warehouse obsolete. That's pretty much all it is.
>>
>>54111496
It's an anti-Shaping effect that covers both you and the immediate area. In short, things that cause direct 'reality warping', like mutating you, things around you, or local physics are just burned away by the light Unconquered emits. Well, the light is optional, but that's the visualization I have in mind.

So while things can still hurt you the old-fashioned way, shaping or altering the environment or causing reality changes that wipe you from existence or otherwise get a no-sell.
>>
>>54111515
>That's the entire breadth of the scale.
Isn't there also an A+++?
>>
>>54111130
>particularly if you go for discounts on NPs.
Isn't it only possible to discount one Noble Phantasm?
>>
>>54111562
Indeed. And a filled GoB would count as just one Noble Phantasm.
>>
>>54111544
So there is. Derped and was thinking of the Moon Cell where it was E,D,C,B,A,A+,A++,EX.
>>
>>54111537
I realize that, but how potent is it? Like, is there a level it'll stop working? Also, I believe the rationale for The Great Curse getting through was that it was technically an "upgrade"... Would it prevent positive (or "positive") changes if they were undesired?
>>
>>54111491
>let's not evne pretend there's an argument around this when you're getting at absolute minimum, dozens of very good NPs
No, I am getting an empty pocket dimension that doubles as a fun way to wield things I either already have or need to obtain.

>>54111512
What about B+ though? That is the closest thing to a rating for an Empty GoB we have seen. Even then it had a ton of weak NPs in it.

There is no need to offer it at infinite space at E, if someone bought an Np based on GoB at E it should be weaker than the normal one.
>>
>>54111568
>And a filled GoB would count as just one Noble Phantasm.
What, since when? How does a full Gate not count as a collection of Noble Phantasms?
>>
>>54111516
Pretty much any jump where I'm the bad guy. Danny Phantom, Code Geass, and Harry Potter might have been the biggest one though, since pretty much everyone decided that I needed to be stopped. Only the first group actually managed to overthrow me.
>>
>>54111598
Anon, I was specifically referring to the OTB point, not the argument in general. The fact that it is an OTB is just that, fact.

B+? When was it just B+? Honestly can't remember.
>>
>>54111594
It works as long as you want it to. The effect is just a flat 'nope' to all things I just described as a soft immunity, and where it cuts off or what'd be strong enough to overcome it would be a matter of fanwanking and what you'd think would be narratively important.

The Great Curse isn't technically a Shaping/reality warping effect (I think) and is already embedded in your shard. Unconquered wouldn't help with that - Heart of the Sun would cut off the Limit growth from repressing virtues in-jump, though, which is where it would come up most of the time outside social combat.
>>
Can the Investigation jump be used to visit canon investigative, crime drama, or mystery settings that don't have jumps?
>>
>>54111605
That's how the series treats it. Gate of Babylon, with all it's many treasures, is just a single Noble Phantasm of Gilgameshs'. And it's why that part is nerfed from canon.
>>
>>54111625
When Kid Gil had lost all of his most powerful loot to the girl using his class card in Illiya it was lowered to B+.
>>
>>54111627
Ah, I was referring to effects like the Great Curse, if it would prevent them from initially taking hold. I know it wouldn't work on the one that's already inside you.

Oh, and thanks. I know people have been giving you and Wu a hard time about the jump, but I just wanted to say I appreciate your efforts.
>>
>>54111631
If you're talking about the one I think you are: Yes.

Each perk line was meant to be Psych, (Themed investigators in general, but I admit I was thinking of NUMB3RS at the time), CSI, NCIS.

...Wow this is kind of embarrassing to look back on.
>>
>>54111662
Well, in the future if something similar tries to happen to you, Heart would no-sell any mental influences, while Unconquered's base effect lets you no-sell reality warping. So put the two together and you've got a nice immunity sandwich to things that try to curse you like that ever again.

And no problem. Hope you enjoy it, anon.
>>
>>54111638
So you can buy the Gate of Babylon from the Fate Servant Supplement and have it do what Zero and Stay Night Gilgamesh's does and contain whatever his does (minus Enkidu and Ea)?
>>
>>54111659
Oh, Ilya.

Well, I'd be open to maybe B rank flat for the empty one, but we need to think of what it gets when upgraded. Because someone will ask and want/need an answer. Two ranks for the retrieval NP, or one, but then I'm certainly lost on ideas.

No replenishing completely destroyed or lost NPs though. That's an argument we had above already.

>>54111687
Christ anon. You're not even reading the post you responded to, much less the rest of the conversation.

No, as stated in the supplement itself, collection NPs are banned. You can't buy groups or collections of Noble Phantasms. If you buy the GoB, it will be empty.
>>
Wow, Valeria holding a conversation, and not acting like an ass? Have I perhaps stumbled into an alternate reality?
>>
>>54111683
I do, thanks. It was a good effort.
>>
>>54111720
>Two ranks for the retrieval NP
Why? Dematerializing NPs is just a standard feature of all of them that have physical forms.
>>
>>54111737
Wow, anon being a cunt at someone for no reason. No, you have not.
>>
>>54111720
Again, I'm not sure why our GoB isn't simply a Warehouse link. At that point we'd be able to summon and fire Warehouse contents (hopefully weapons, but some of you people are odd), possibly retrieve them via GoB... And any repair/restoration/replacement would be as-normal for any given Warehouse item.

No special rules needed, nor worries about it being "too powerful" for restoring a given item, since that would be a normal function of whatever item it is (purchased with CP, manufactured in-warehouse, etc.)
>>
>>54111793
Well, you'd be using it to store actual physical items, which are probably harder/impossible to de-manifest.
>>
>>54111815
Uhh my plan was to fire a nuke out of my GoB, and sometimes cows.
>>
Would an axeman fit in the Saber class or would they have to go in Berserker?
>>
>>54111720
>Christ anon. You're not even reading the post you responded to, much less the rest of the conversation.
Telling someone asking about NP discounts that a filled Gate counts as a single NP implies that you can buy it.
>>
>>54111516
Every Tuesday, I mean... my soul-forge hungers eternally, and commonly a fey mood finds something in someone that is perfect for some new project.

So many towns and governments have challenged me and my forge...

So few smart ones wait for me to not be in my fey mood...
>>
>>54111793
Because it is noted as being it's own NP, not just a function of them being NPs. I decided that such instant, costless, distance regardless, retrieval of anything that was shot from the gate would count as a D rank.

>>54111815
I've said in the past that you can make it so if you wish. But you're wrong in that there'd be no worries, given this entire argument is over it not matching canon, and linking it to the warehouse by default would make it much smaller then even the OC sizes I have been using.

>>54111833
Axes are just fine for Sabers.

>>54111836
And immediately, in the same post, saying that part was nerfed from canon implies the opposite.
>>
>>54111815
Because it's generally not a good idea to have a free-form power creation option that interacts with perks, powers, or items from other jumps? Especially when it's a non-canon thing that isn't listed in the supplement? I mean, based on rulings about importing, I'd expect you to have to build your Warehouse as an NP.
>>
>>54111833
They could, yeah. Don't worry too much about the Berserker class, Florence Nightingale somehow got in. You know, because Florence Nightingale is famous for leaving armies shattered and kings terrified by her famous warp spasm.
>>
I don't understand why people can't just come up with a unique Nobel Phantasm of their own. They're supposed to be representative of the Servant and their "history", not just rip-offs.

Gate of Babylon isn't even that useful unless you're trying to job it to get all the Nobel Phantasms. Which is just ridiculous to expect.
>>
>>54111491
>UBW also being a reality marble, would both change you to fit it
Are... you shitposting me here? Because the Valeria who made the Fate/Stay Night jump wrote this about CP bought Marble Phantasms.
> Unlike normal users of this ability, your mind will not be twisted or changed in any way through the purchase or use of this.

>And UBW costs, sometimes a lot, which GoB doesn't.
Which is why I wrote
>Because I was basing off of Unlimited Blade works, which can temporarily manifest multiple noble phantasms number depending on Magical Power
Because that is nerf makes more sense then the nerfs you are making.

>If you still don't believe they're equal, please give some suggestions as to upgrades. Keeping in mind that filling the GoB with genuine NPs is not an option.
I'm just tired of trying to get inside your head on this. You are saying all the stuff the CP Gate of Babylon can't do, and the stuff you are saying it CAN do seem to below the level of what an EX noble phantasm should do. So I am asking you to try and sell me on Gate of Babylon. You think there is something awesome about it even with the various nerfs. Communicate some of that to me please?

What is a Rank E Gate of Babylon like? How is Rank D better than that? All the way up to the heights of EX Gates of Babylon?

Because right now it looks like you are intentionally trying to make it not worth the CP so no one buys it, or imports as Archer. I mean right now, ask yourself what happens if a jumper imports themselves as Archer in the Grail War. They have an empty vault. alright. You fill it with stuff from your Warehouse armory. Then a servant battle happens and you try the patented 'Launch ALL the Swords at them' shtick. And nothing happens because none of them count as Noble Phantasms. They don't count, this is Nasuverse, and if it's not a Noble Phantasm, it's worthless. Valeria sold you a high priced Noble Phantasm that has no use in the Grail War.
>>
>>54111869
I did, but in all fairness the ones I will probably write for whenever Fate/Extra gets updated will be too lewd to really go into depth about

ifyouknowwhatImean
>>
>>54111869
I mean, I don't want it, but I could see why other people would. It's iconic and cool, and is actually pretty useful. More than you're implying, at least.
>>
>>54111850
>>54111865
Ah, so Saber can fit any bladed weapon that isn't some sort of polearm?
>>
File: sad marx.gif (2MB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
sad marx.gif
2MB, 245x160px
>>54111869
>implying I have a legend
>implying I have a history
>implying I have a true self anymore
>implying I'm not just a hollow vessel for the unholy combination of powers lying within my semicorporeal frame
>>
>>54111881
I'm not shitposting. CP is not SP. The perk version does not twist you. You're not buying the NP version with CP. I've always, always been clear that I do not consider anything in the Supplement to be 'perks' and that they are bought with SP, not CP.

Anon, you seem to be deliberately avoiding my requests for assistance on this. I have already admitted that it's not perfect and is me trying to make do as best I can. I have asked for how you think it can be improved. Yet you keep asking me why I think it's perfect as is, instead of responding to my requests for what you think it should be.

And do it WITHOUT trying to get almost every Noble Phantasm in the entire series and more as an add on. Because that's not happening. It's the one thing that absolutely can't and won't change about this. Not everything in a series will be available in a jump. This is one of those things that unbalances the rest of the jump.
>>
>>54111939
Pretty much. At the start of the VN for Fate Stay Night, Saber taunts Lancer by saying her invisible weapon might be an axe or a mace, so basically anything that wouldn't fit Lancer better qualifies.
>>
>>54111894
A Mole of Lewdness? I approve.

>>54111895
But you can get infinite or near-infinite storage places so many other places in the Chain. Dimension distortion magic is practically a dime a dozen and teleporting items to you is child's play for any half-way decent magician.

Hell, visit Undertale for dimension compression magic and Dragonlance for a pair of Ring Gates and you've basically got the same deal. If you want to get really fancy you could even learn how to make magic tattoos while you're in Dragonlance and wear a whole bunch of Ring Gates all over your body.

I just don't see why people have to harp for most of a thread to try and get this one thing.

>>54111949
I believe in you Anon. There's a legend there.
>>
>>54111850
>not matching canon
Speaking bluntly, any completely new Character-as-Servant is already screwed here, because the whole Throne of Heroes implies that there's a legend associated with the World.
My suggestion was trying to give the GoB a not overpowered method that still gives it functionality that doesn't begin with "You have a room that's empty. Have fun in the War."

I personally prefer to try to create Servants based on their legends (or aspects of, within the limits of what I can given the budget - I write it off as "man-made system borrowing fragment from Throne of Heroes.") I've never actually made Myself into a Servant.

>>54111852
>build your Warehouse as an NP
If I ever made Myself into a Servant, I would in a heartbeat. My Warehouse is pretty much the core of my omniversal Legend.
>>
>>54111949
You could make something out of that. I mean, Angira Mainyu has a legend, and he's literally just a normal human being who was transformed into an eldritch abomination by the people of his village laying all the evils of the world on him, and then later the Grail making that real. Or something like that.
>>
>>54112012
What kind of functionality can it even have that wouldn't be total OC, when it's literally just a portal system linking up to a golden vault?
>>
File: Death Korps Quartermaster.jpg (296KB, 1121x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Death Korps Quartermaster.jpg
296KB, 1121x1920px
>>54111949
Be merry, brother!
To die unmourned and unremembered, to be forgotten by the masses in favor of the vainglorious, means that your legacy and history will be yours and yours alone, untarnished and non-exaggerated by time.
The unsung martyr's crown is the lightest one a man can ever hope to wear in life.
>>
>>54112012
Not every build is going to let you win the war. If someone spends all their points on frivolous skills, they're going to lose.

Anyway, your example still makes no sense. If this is someone's first jump, they're going to have an empty warehouse, aside from a few things from the supplement, none of which make good weapons compared to NPs. So yes, you still have the problem of "You have an Empty Room" only now your empty room is much, much smaller.
>>
>>54112030
Better yet, EMIYA's legend is that he's a worthless copycat.
>>
Hello again, and welcome to TopHat trying to make sure he doesn't stuff up the jump list again. Here's all the jumps I have ready to add to the list. If you know of anything that should or should not be on this list, or the jump list proper, please let me know.

Yuki Yuna is a Hero
Stellaris
Protectors of the Plot Continuum
A Super Mario Thing
Warhammer Fantasy - Bretonnia
Warhammer Fantasy - Ogre Kingdoms
Warhammer Fantasy - Orcs & Goblins
Warhammer Fantasy - Tomb Kings
Exalted - The Lunars
Gauntlet - Kamen Rider Heisei Part 2 - Ryuki
Gauntlet - Kamen Rider Heisei Part Final - Decade
Fate Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
Legend of Spyro
Crusader Kings
Europa Universalis
Hearts of Iron
Persona 5
SuperRobot Wars OG Saga Endless Frontier
Warhammer 40k - Adepta Sororitas
Mother Cognitive Dissonance
Marvel - Magic
Magical Pokemon Journey
Generic Cartoon World
Honorverse
EVE Online
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Chick Tract
Charmed
Arcanum of Steamworks and Magic Obscura
Castle of Puzzles
K-ON
Marvel - Cinematic Universe Vol. 2
My Hero Academia
Xenoblade Chronicles X
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Sesame Street
OreGairu (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU)
Ninja Assassin
Prey
The Irregular at Magic Highschool
Tron System
Ultraman
Undocumented Features
World Seed
Carmen Sandiego
Exalted - Solars
Fire Emblem Valentia
Peter Pan
Rise of Legends

And here we come to a few jumps that may or may not be finished. Anyone know about them?
The Kings Avatar
Tap Titans
>>
>>54111720
Rather than starting out empty or being Gil's treasury could it instead start out with Jumper's treasury? As in have our existing piles of loot and magic weapons moved from the warehouse and other misc. storage into the GoB when we take it instead of doing it manually later on?
>>
>>54112062
If you like? I've never had a problem with someone starting out with it filled with stuff they already own, it's actually been asked a few times in the past. However, it still doesn't address the issue people are having, given that only fixes the problem if you already have stuff, which you won't if this is jump one.
>>
File: 63665746_p0.jpg (2MB, 2341x1294px) Image search: [Google]
63665746_p0.jpg
2MB, 2341x1294px
Where are some good places to pick up a dragon companion?
Besides Spyro, Duel Monsters, Fire Emblem, or Dragonlance.
>>
>>54112054
Aren't two of those (Soul Hackers, Legend of Spyro) already on the list?
>>
>>54112054
>The Kings Avatar
A WIP was posted to the thread, and problems were put forward. A newer version of the jump was uploaded to the drive, but it was never posted in the thread for review. I do not know if all of the previously raised concerns were addressed.
>>
What are some jumps with some fun fighting tournaments? I've got:

The God of High School
Fate (close enough)
Dead or Alive

Any others?
>>
While we're on a Fate kick, what's the best perks to take for the capstone boost in Zero?

I'm trying to decide between fool and family head. Someone talk me out of it
>>
>>54112132
Shaman King and G Gundam.
>>
>>54112101
Legend of Spyro is just having the proper name put on, should have differentiated that.

Is Soul Hackers, which is on the list, the same as Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers?

>>54112105
Ok, guess it'll be off the list for now.

>>54112054
Also Digimon World, forgot that one.
>>
>>54112176
Yeah, Devil Summoner is an update of Soul Hackers.
>>
>>54111955
I'm not shitposting. CP is not SP. The perk version does not twist you. You're not buying the NP version with CP. I've always, always been clear that I do not consider anything in the Supplement to be 'perks' and that they are bought with SP, not CP.
WTF? I though that line got added to the jump because people were worried about you making Trap options. The last time this came up the shitposter actually got called a shitposter because of the someone mentioning that, not that doesn't apple to bought Reality Marbles.

But it looks like you actually are the kind of person who wants to have things you buy from your jumps be Mind Fucking Traps. Intentionally. So the shitposter was right. Do you get off on the thought of jumpers taking the Servant Supplement and getting Mind Rapes by taking the wrong option? What the hell is wrong with you?

>Anon, you seem to be deliberately avoiding my requests for assistance on this.
>I have asked for how you think it can be improved.
I've already tried describing how I think a nerfed Gate of Babylon should work, and you vehemently disagreed with me. Now you are asking for suggestions for improvements, but not actually presenting a baseline to base suggestions for improvement off of. So I'm asking for an actual, concrete baseline of of the abilities of GoB at each rank, that I can look at and agree with, or not, and say what I think needs to change. My understanding of your understanding of how Gate of Babylon works is currently to vague to offer any improvements apparently.
>>
File: Jeanne D Arc Chibi.jpg (218KB, 515x408px) Image search: [Google]
Jeanne D Arc Chibi.jpg
218KB, 515x408px
Since we are talking about fate does anyone else think Jeanne is adorable and should be companioned?
>>
>>54111869
The problem is that my Noble Phantasm would either be my main weapon, which it can't be since Val said you can't import something to be a Noble Phantasm, or it would be Conceptual. And I have no god damn idea what to do for a Conceptual Phantasm.
>>
>>54111737
Valeria has been making an active effort to be a better human being, unlike you.
>>
File: Noice.gif (1010KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Noice.gif
1010KB, 320x180px
>>54112207
Do it.
>>
>>54112207
There are people who don't?
>>
>>54112054
>EVE Online
Is that done, or even jumpable?
>>
File: really.gif (1008KB, 500x712px) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
1008KB, 500x712px
>>54112201
>>
>>54112207
How would we even stat her? Ruler isn't available for obvious reasons so it's either Saber or Lancer, and her NP results in her going kaboom.
>>
>>54112207
Jeanne is the best saber-face, it's true.
>>
>>54112054
Was Tron Systems even accepted?
>>
>>54112193
Ah, I'll just take Soul Hackers off and put Devil Summoner in it's place then.

Thanks.
>>
>>54112153
Capstone Boosted Perfect Vessel lets you fucking grab someone and shove them into your body with no negative repercussions as long as you can pay the Mana cost. That's pretty sweet if you ask me.
>>
>>54112132
If you're including Fate, maybe Sekirei?

In a vague sense, Armored Core?

>>54112049
>>54112080
I honestly can't think of any way of resolving this without swinging from Useless to "This jump is trivial."

>>54112209
You can base your Noble Phantasm on an item you've used. I could see making the demon lord's spear from the Hero Board jump into a legendary artifact (dragon slaying, cursed, corrupted, anti-evil...) and making a NP based upon the concepts involved.
>>
>>54112236
>>54112244
I don't know but they're both on the drive.
>>
>>54112201
Making the Hero's version of an RM separate from one's mindset was a nicety (or Quality of Life fix, if you prefer terms like that) on Val's part, far as I am aware and concerned. If someone chooses to take an option innately tied to one's mindset, and force it through fiat to be something other than themselves, then the consequences are their own to deal with.
>>
>>54112242
There'd be no reason for Ruler to be banned with GO. Ruler, Avenger, Alter Ego, and Moon Cancer are all classes available to the player in GO. The only class that exists and isn't available at this point is Beast.
>>
>>54112242
Use her Grand Order NP? The one that is purely defensive.
>>
>>54111720
So B rank for an Empty (or filled with stuff we already have) Gate of Babylon and either a separate D rank NP or an upgrade to GoB for instantly recalling things?
>>
>>54112252
Is Fire Emblem Valentia finished?
>>
>>54112054
You are a scholar and a gentleman, sir, if only for enumerating all the jumps to make it easier to RNG my next jump.
>>
File: DRAGON PERCENT MAD.png (669KB, 1024x432px) Image search: [Google]
DRAGON PERCENT MAD.png
669KB, 1024x432px
>>54112083
Cardfight Vanguard has some, and How to Train Your Dragon can get you a pic related. You can also get tiny ones in Neverwinter Nights, and probably get one in Forgotten Realms. If you have a way of turning mounts/animals into companions and count wyverns, you could use it on the dragon from the egg you can buy in A Song of Ice and Fire, or on the Wyvern you can get in ARK Survival Evolved.

Your mileage may vary for any or all of these.
>>
>>54112264
EVE's a WIP and the Tron one was never accepted. It's probably whoever keeps uploading en masse
>>
>>54111048
>Eventually, no matter how permanent or one time the use, you get it back without needing to do a thing
How is that that much more powerful than say, Infinity from SDS?
>>
>>54112049
Could you have an NP that lets you claim conceptual ownership over the NPs (or maybe similary bound magical items) by killing the owner?
>>
File: death.jpg (46KB, 944x521px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
46KB, 944x521px
What's your favorite undead type, /jc/?
>>
>>54112201
Yes, that is what RMs are. I'm not the type of maker to change canon just for the sake of it. The perk does not do this because you're paying more.

Your nerf was an upgrade, a big one, to the canon one. Or, if I'm mistaken and you weren't the guy that said it should be a full GoB with Knight of Honour added on top, please point out where you gave your suggestion.

>>54112242
Ruler will be getting added. Saver too, I expect.

>>54112261
Yes, that's pretty much my issue. Even with the changes agreed on so far, there's still everything above B rank that there needs to be something for and I cannot think of anything that actually fits there.

>>54112278
...prooobably not Alter Ego or Moon Cancer though.

>>54112281
That's the option I'm open to changing it to, plus infinite space, provided people can find some stuff that fits the rest of the higher ranks. Or, if people can agree, a lot of people that is, to just have it top out at B rank and not get any higher.

I'm fine changing it, not fine if I'm just going to cop more shit down the road for changing it.

>>54112392
A flat 1200cp option in an entirely different jump? I can't really understand why you're bringing it up.

>>54112398
Ergh. Traditionally, I've always heavily disliked the NP stealing thing but I guess if UBW is a thing, a VERY high rank NP could work like that. I don't think you could really get all of the things your opponent has, even at EX, just by killing them (Especially since what is an NP and what is a Skill is pretty murky). If it's just limited to possessions, such as weapons or armour or vehicles, then that might be more amenable. Living beings...maybe but things like abilities, places, concepts and the like would not be. Not sure whether there'd be a limit on the number/strength you could take however.

What would be your thoughts on how such a thing should work, keeping in mind it must be very highly ranked.
>>
>>54112491
Magical Girls
>>
File: bone golem 3.jpg (54KB, 320x393px) Image search: [Google]
bone golem 3.jpg
54KB, 320x393px
>>54112491
Skeletons and similarly bone based constructs.
>>
>>54111048
Sounds like a wide-scale application of DA "regeneration", except applied to items instead of people. We know that causality-affecting NPs are possible, even at B-rank, but I have no idea how feasible something like that would be.
>>
>>54112315
Glad to help!

>>54112382
Someone will need to let Brutus know then, since they've been sorted into the drive proper. I'll take them off the list for now though. Thanks for letting me know.
>>
>>54112491
Vampires, followed by liches, followed by hungry skeltals
>>
Valeria, can non-Fate Divinity be used to bypass Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig?
>>
>>54112501
>...prooobably not Alter Ego or Moon Cancer though.
Why? The Go versions aren't full powered, there's no reason discount BB and Passionlip etc are out of bounds, compare their stats to any other 5 star event servant of another class.
>>
>>54112543
DA regeneration is healing. It doesn't work if they've been entirely destroyed anon. I'm perfectly okay with healing. That's a basic function of all NPs. The issue I take is with it working even if they've been entirely destroyed or completely used up.

>>54112573
Yes. I stated so a few threads back.

>>54112575
Oh, they're not? I may add them in them if they're not bad, though likely only for GO or Extra, since it makes no sense for them to be elsewhere.
>>
>>54112501
>I cannot think of anything that actually fits there.
Improve the repair ability? Make the "telekinesis" more precise? Make the "retrieval" NP two-way so that it can "manifest" things as well, retaining momentum if desired? If any of these are on the right track, let me know.
>>
File: Yes.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Yes.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>54112501
>Saver
>pic related

>...prooobably not Alter Ego or Moon Cancer though.
>not so pic related, although understanble
>>
>>54112587
>or completely used up.
That's kind of a gray area, innit? Even if something is "used up" there should still be some residue or debris left, unless you, like... conceptually use it?
>>
>>54112601
Hrm. Maybe? They'd probably each need to be quite good for even a rank each but it's a start. Maybe just stacking a bunch of different improvements might be enough.
>>
>>54112501
Time dilation effects? Extending the maximum range you can make portals at?
>>
>>54112623
Or just be really thorough. You're being wasteful if there's anything left, use every part of buffalo.
>>
>>54112587
>Oh, they're not?
Yes. Check them out on the GO wiki, BB's stats at max level are something like 8000/13000, compared to Saber who is 11000/15000. She's nothing special.
>>
>>54112623
I dunno, I find it pretty simple. If you have a potion and drink it, it's been used up, even if there's a few particles or drops left. Just apply basic common sense. If it's not something meant to be reused, it won't be restored so it can be. If it is, it will. So consumables aren't restored unless that's a specific function but weapons or armour usually will be even when totally shattered into fragments.
>>
File: SHOCKING TRUTH.jpg (106KB, 476x505px) Image search: [Google]
SHOCKING TRUTH.jpg
106KB, 476x505px
>>54112652
Anon those are gameplay numbers, BB was a 4* wellfare servant
>>
>>54112501
>What would be your thoughts on how such a thing should work, keeping in mind it must be very highly ranked.
I was mostly thinking it would themed around a "legend" of a character that plundered and raided. Obviously EX Rank. By killing someone, they could claim NPs they have so they work for the new owner the same as the old one, they still regenerate when destroyed normally like NPs do.

The only items thing seems fair. So for example, killing Medea would let them "claim" Rule Breaker but not her ability to do True Magic or her dragon summoning NP if she had it. Killing Alexander or EMIYA wouldn't get him a Reality Marble. Heracles wouldn't get him God Hand, but Karna probably would get him his magic ear rings. No clue what would happen with Gilgamesh.

And in future worlds, if there's a magic item bound to someone, then they could take it in a similar way. Say, the way I understand the things from Highschool DxD to work.
>>
>>54112666
And we're talking about the Go versions, senpai. Are you going to claim that the servant version of BB is just as strong as the real one?
>>
>>54112652
Erm, while that is nice, my objections to Alter Egos and BB have never been about their stats, but about their other abilities. Still, I'll figure a way to get them in.

>>54112647
Also good.
>>
>>54112675
Should we even talk about the Scheherazade scenario where for all intents and purposes her theoretical kit is good, but her actual gameplay stats are trash?
>>
>>54112671
That seems fair then. I'd probably say Gilgamesh might give you Ea or Enkidu, his specific items, but you wouldn't get the Gate as a whole. Maybe. Not sure.

Anyway, that seems like a fine NP for the rank it's at.

>>54112675
Also, in game stats aren't really a good abstraction for GO, far as I'm aware. The number of HP and damage they deal does not necessarily represent their non gameplay limited power and abilities. There's plenty of shit gameplay Servants that aren't shithouse in actuality.
>>
>>54112725
I'm saying you shouldn't treat them like the real ones, basically, and take more ques from their Go profiles.

>>54112709
Her skills are pretty limited too, to be fair.
>>
>>54112244
>>54112264
Tron system was accepted, and is on the Drive already.
>>
>>54112725
Ah, okay then, thanks.

Yeah, kinda figured that's how Gil would work.
>>
>>54112676
Pseudo-teleportation? Like, step inside and open a portal somewhere within a certain range? A trait where you instinctively know what's inside of it? Hmm... what else. Faster launching speeds? Maybe increasing them based on your speed/"Agility"? That's really all that comes to mind at the moment.
>>
While we're taking about gameplay story differences, I want to know if we take the Skyrim jump with the dragonborn scenario, will we get access to DLC content like dawnguard and last dragonborn. For access to black books and other things. Also, should I just house rule in game perks like the one that makes finding gems really easy?
>>
>>54112313
Yes
>>
>>54112736
SHE HAS COUNTER HERO A

THAT SHOULD AFFECT THINGS BESIDES KING UNITS
>>
>>54112675
Don't F/GO Servants still have regular stat spreads depicting what they'd have outside of gameplay?
>>
>>54112264
>>>54112236 (You)
Don't keep it off on my account. I was asking because I couldn't remember seeing it in a while. But it looks complete is on the Drive.
>>
>>54112676
I know are against collections of NPs but what about an upgrade that has it include some weak generic NPs without any powers beyond being decent starter ammunition?
>>
>>54112782
Hers are E, D, EX, C, A, A.
>>
>>54112725
Come to think of it, is there any way to go about stealing everything from Gilgamesh's Gate?

The look on his face when he realized someone had burgled it would be hilarious.
>>
>>54112758
Thanks.

>>54112744
So it was eventually accepted? Ok, I'll put that one back on the list then.

>>54112793
Righto, on the list it goes then. Can always take it off later if it turns out to be unfinished or what not.
>>
>>54112748
Also good stuff.

So far, have-
Repair improvements
Time dilation
Portal range
Telekinesis precision/more range
Retrieveal NP + Retrieveal NP upgrades
Faster launching speeds
Use portals as short range teleports

All of those, with each being a noticeable increase or good new ability, should be plenty fine for it to go from B to EX, though maybe some of the raw number upgrades would get bigger. Thanks to all the anons who contributed, it was a big help.

So yeah, changes to Gate of Babylon. Getting an empty one with infinite space is now a B rank NP. Getting the retrieval NP is an extra rank and generally any of the above upgrades or new things should be an extra rank, or two-three of em if you're going from A++ to EX.
>>
>>54112800
No. You could have some normal magical weapons, mystic codes, but not even the weakest of NPs would be okay.

>>54112803
I'm sure there are plenty of ways.
>>
>>54112272
>If someone chooses to take an option innately tied to one's mindset, and force it through fiat to be something other than themselves, then the consequences are their own to deal with.
Or you could assume that by having the RM, you are already by definition the kind of person that could have that RM, with no personality changes required. This isn't something gained in the setting, This is something coming from the benefactor. The benefit of the doubt should go with the jumper.
>>
>>54112814
Yep, no problem.
>>
>>54112826
Fair enough, what rank would an NP with the powers of self duplication and minor shapeshifting be? IE a weapon that could turn into a bunch of itself each of which could take on the form of a different type of weapons; like spears, swords, halberds, etc.
>>
>>54112236
>>54112264

The EVE Online jump is jumpable but I personally feel like it doesn't represent the setting/game very well. EVE is all about being an immortal posthuman capsuleer which of course causes issues with standard jumpchain format.

I remember the author is planning on updating it.
>>
>>54112837
Which is why the perk version does not change you, besides the added cost. The Supplement is not coming from the benefactor. It's from you being a Heroic Spirit and being put through the in universe system. If you pick something that doesn't fit you, it's forced into you. For almost everything, this has no bad sides because most things don't change you. RMs do, because they need you to be a certain way.
>>
>>54112801
Not terribly impressive, outside of her luck.

Don't the Sakura Five get their hax from having literal cheat skills, anyway?
>>
>>54112859
Depends on how much it could self duplicate and how varied the shapeshifting is. If it's all personal sized melee weapons, I'd probably just leave it at D rank plus the ranks for the self duplication, which is reliant on how many copies you want.
>>
File: JumpChain - Jump List.pdf (92KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
JumpChain - Jump List.pdf
92KB, 1x1px
>>54112860
Thanks for letting me know. I'll leave it on the list for now.

Anyway, here's the update so far. As always let me know what I've missed or messed up.

This update also remove a duplicated Exalted - Infernals, so if you notice any other duplicates please point them out.
>>
>>54112826
There is an idea, an upgrade that has it filled with all the non NP stuff Gil has in his. Such as books, wine, and lesser magic items.
>>54112884
A few dozen maybe? Enough for a decent volley or two before reloading with the recall NP.
>>
>>54112860
Eclipse Phase suffers from a similar break between Jump version and original setting, even with the allowance for transferring between Morphs.
>>
>>54112915
I'd be very hesitant about such an upgrade, given just how many things that would likely entail. It'd essentially amount to pretty much anything mankind had ever made, at least one of each.

A few dozen? Probably just C rank overall for the NP then.
>>
>>54112896
You may notice that there are over 40 new jumps. You guys are crazy.

>>54112884
Especially you. Have you seen how many of these jumps are yours? Crazy, absolutely crazy.

And fantastic. Keep it up!
>>
>>54112943
Haha. Well, it's been over a month since I posted anything. Hopefully I can get at least 4 things out over the coming month. Have a particular thing in mind that I wanna pick up but it'd be silly if I worked on any more then what I have now.
>>
>>54112962
Absolute mad-woman.

What're you about to serve up this time?
>>
>>54112876
Yes, from cheat skills they get from the Moon Cell, which isn't around in GO, yet anyway.
>>
>>54112744
>Tron system was accepted, and is on the Drive already.
The last post I'm seeing on it has people pointing out the time drawback exploit still. Did people end up just accepting the extra CP for extra time drawback in the end?
>>
>>54112932
>just how many things that would likely entail
Perhaps not as much as Gilgamesh then, but maybe a less absurd but still unusually large collection of various less than NP level stuff?
>>
File: Mindfuck_congrats.gif (197KB, 838x450px) Image search: [Google]
Mindfuck_congrats.gif
197KB, 838x450px
>>54108862
>>54110658
Congratulations! By writing up your jump to PPC, you have officially written fanfiction about fanfiction about fanfiction about fiction!
>>
>>54112917
Kind of. Though I think the Eclipse Phase jump better represents that aspect of its setting then the EVE jump does.

The Dark Souls jump has a mechanic where you have to reclaim your lost souls after you die which I think works well enough for the setting and represents the game. For EVE I think a mechanic where you have to pay isk every month to extend your pilot's license or you fail the jump would both work and properly represent the setting. PLEX is already kind of meta in the game so it fits.
>>
>>54113013
Let's just go with no. It's much simpler then getting into maybenotcollection notNPs. Because allowing this and then it'll be "Well why can I get all magic/spells" or something dumb.

>>54112981
While I'm keeping that future claim secret because I can't wait to see the reactions my plans are to get Nier Automata, Tyranids, Vampire Counts and, if all goes well, Nier 1 out this month. I figure that getting down to just two active claims will be fair for me to take up another. Most are in the fluff stage or close to being such and none are particularly huge jumps. Found that if I don't go straight to doing double perklines, I can make the individual perks a lot better. Will probably come back later and add more though.
>>
>>54111143
Could we have the ability if we had both GoB at EX and had another NP that only did this ability at EX?
>>
>>54113101
Look, can we just stop with the attempts to get the infinite use of anything over time ability? Not everything can be gained through the Supplement. There's a lot of freedom but it is not a pick whatever you want thing. An ability that perfectly, totally recreates anything you have over time, even if it's been utterly annihilated or was only ever able to be used once, simply will not go ahead.

You're just going to have to find that ability elsewhere.
>>
You do realise if you all put this much effort into using other perks instead of a single NP you could probably build a better Gate of Babylon than what Gil has in canon right?

>somewhere Gil is laughing because Jumper is THIS OBSESSED with oneupping him
>>
>>54113137
Asking the thread here, not just you but does anything like that even exist in the chain or in a setting other than Fate?
>>
>>54113080
Most video game jumps suffer from that break in setting. It's not a deal breaker as far as the jump goes.
>>
>>54113150
>build a better Gate of Babylon than what Gil has in canon right
Thoughts on how?
>>
>>54113180
What? Gate of Babylon or infinite recreation abilities?
>>
>>54113168
It doesn't even exist in Fate, far as I'm concerned, given the one theoretical example could just as easily be a unique feature of the item itself (And frankly, it could just be the item only be used partly each time and not it regenerating).

Only thing I know that is an item and replenishes things from fiction in general, at least for consumables, is a new game plus item from Castlevania, which may or may not even exist in the jump given it's only attainable in a NG+ run of one of the games.
>>
>>54112501
>Your nerf was an upgrade, a big one, to the canon one. Or, if I'm mistaken and you weren't the guy that said it should be a full GoB with Knight of Honour added on top, please point out where you gave your suggestion.
Yes that was suggestion. It also would have charged you mana per item you manifested instead of unlimited cost-less manipulation your version apparently had.

And note that both UBW and GoB have an innate effect similar to Knight of Honor, to work as advertised. Not all the swords Shirou Traces are Noble Phantasms, some would well made regular or magical swords. His when his marble recreates them they count as Noble Phantasms however. Gilgamesh's Vault would't have held Noble Phantasms, but exemplary regular and enchanted items, but the stuff that comes out are Noble Phantasms, because of their association with the Vault. That would have to apply to the things you stock the Vault with.

But you say I am doing it wrong. Fine. But that is all you are doing. Saying 'your idea sucks, anon' And then refusing request to say how YOU think the Gate should work at each rank. How is that helpful in any way whatsoever?
>>
>>54112083
The dragons of the Inheritance Cycle are pretty cool, have a handful of weird powers.
They have a hard time using languages if they aren't bound to a being that uses them, though.
>>
>>54113202
Infinite item recreation.
>>
>>54113193
Literally just a decent magic system and crafting perks. Just make one of a gazillion possible extradimensional magic storage spaces and load it up with badass shit you've made.
>>
>>54113137
>totally recreates anything you have over time, even if it's been utterly annihilated
Don't normal NPs do that automatically?
>>
>>54113215
To be honest anon, you're kinda way too slow here. You've pretty much missed the entire discussion and I, and it seems others too, appear to be happy with the new version of it.

So uh, good try but maybe don't take an hour to respond? Things can go by pretty quick here.
>>
>>54113081
>spoiler
I cannot think of anything you'd do that would be particularly surprising unless it was something like Generic Perfect Lionheart or Eiken. Even then, not really. Or at least not much that would warrant a worthy reaction. Maybe Nobilis. Guess we'll just have to wait and see if you're still interested when the time comes.
>>
>>54113224
No. They repair themselves if they are damaged, even vey damaged, but if you've actually destroyed one, there's no reason one would come back. I believe that 'Breaking' a NP is also a condition of permanent destruction, though I'm not sure on that.
>>
Which of the following anomalous items from SCP sounds most fun?
A snow globe depicting a realistic nuclear blast

A computer file with negative file size
Cannot actually grant infinite storage space; a directory can only have one file of a given name, modifying the file gets rid of these properties, and a directory is more than 2bytes.

A fountain that grants wishes after 24 hours if you don't tell anyone the wish
Probably doesn't work for any significant wishes as a researcher is allowed to keep it in his office.

A nerf gun that fires foam darts with the power and lethality of a 9mm pistol
>>
>>54113137
>An ability that perfectly, totally recreates anything you have over time, even if it's been utterly annihilated or was only ever able to be used once
You mean standard CP protections?
Or the way Unlimited Blade Works can create Excalibur, break it in an attack, create another Excalibur, break it in an attack, and keep doing this over and over so long as the mana cost is paid? Yes, that ability but never be allowed in jumpchain.
>>
>>54113270
Yes, actually. I don't think I'm okay with offering CP protections to everything you own ever. I think that's going much too far.

And I don't think UBW is the same either, given it is limited in what it can work on and costs a lot to work on what it can work on and doesn't even make as good things as it copies. And has a limit on how powerful a thing it can copy.
>>
>>54113186
True, it just makes the jump much less fun. I would be acting very conservative during the jump rather than being proactive.
>>
>>54113260
>A nerf gun that fires foam darts with the power and lethality of a 9mm pistol

Its Nerf Or Nothing.
>>
>>54113260
Nerf. At least it could be useful in a pinch.
>>
>>54112491
Flesh golems.
Even in death, the flesh is strong.
>>
>>54113218
Pretty much any jump that has freeform ability creation can do that
>>
>>54113240
>new version of it.
I'm sorry I'm to slow to keep up, Valeria.
Do you have a link to a specific post or something that goes over the new version maybe?
>>
File: smart.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
smart.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>54113260
>A computer file with negative file size
Since I did not understand what does this do I will go with >>54113293
>>
>>54113081
>Tyranids

One of my favorite armies. I shall await this with intensely creepy patience (AKA Silently stand there staring and without blinking.)
>>
>>54113339
Here >>54112814
>>
Does Class Card Heart from Prisma Illya only work for ones form the item section or can you choose one from the supplement at the end of the jump?
>>
>>54113270
If you want CP protection on everything just uplift everything you own with sapience so that they become companions.
>>
>>54113193
Nanoha and Madoka (if you get the Incubator tech) have some of the better options; the former's whole shtick is high velocity magical nukes stored in extradimensional space
>>
>>54113079
AM I A REAL JUMPER YET
>>54110658
Also, Part 3 features several people fighting over the keyboard.

https://pastebin.com/Cm0w7xzS
>>
File: the_sleeping_ancient_by_kingmong.jpg (162KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
the_sleeping_ancient_by_kingmong.jpg
162KB, 752x1063px
>>54112491
The soul/mind of the deposed mutant shoved into an immortal undying body of living iron.
>>
Wasn't there a book that stored or absorbed other books? Not the SCP one, no weird bone-spiders for this thing. I wanna try using a book as my main weapon and that seems like a good place to start.
>>
Is it wrong to strip someone of their powers if they're a danger to themselves and others? Not in the malicious way, but in the "I can't control my powers and it's hurting people, as well as myself" way. I ask because I'm not sure if they'll ever be able to truly control their powers, and even if they do someday in the meanwhile they're a danger to themselves and others.
>>
>>54108880
I don't really have a sales pitch. I explain what it's like, what kind of things I tend to do, what they should probably expect, and let them choose.

If I'm trying to companion somebody and they aren't already totally loyal, then it's most likely they're a friend, and a friend that I made specifically because they're an outcast or have an otherwise shitty fate in their world. It doesn't take much convincing.
>>
>>54113469
No. Especially not if they consent.
>>
>>54113404
Wouldn't you need a lot of pods for that?
>>
>>54113484
Right, thought so, just thought I'd ask for someone else's opinion first. Thanks anon.
>>
>>54113493
No, you just need a jump that has unlimited imports or a jump with a very large amount of imports. Combine that with NGNL summoning and use the import function
>>
>>54113493
pretty sure they would fall into the offspring rule. Your children(and AIs you create personally) count as companions if you want them to.
>>
>>54113493
>>54113528
Actually, it's up to fanwank if created/uplifted creatures automatically become companions on their own.
>>
>>54113410

Dammit.

Is this the End of the Truthful Witch?
>>
File: jc11.jpg (76KB, 595x841px) Image search: [Google]
jc11.jpg
76KB, 595x841px
>>54112491
Aww. Don't make me choose between radioactive biometallic SKELETON BALL, interplanetary pseudo-Servant ghost firestorms and necronified zombie forest song towers anon.

>>54113469
That doesn't sound wrong at all.

>>54113435
Not quite the same thing, but that reminds me of the Book of Darkness from Nanoha a litt.e

Some of the more magically prone grimoires on the Discworld cannibalise other tomes sometimes, but I imagine it'd have to be a book about magical cooking somehow. Also they tend to fight back unless properly chained down, so they don't make good weapons other than throwing them at someone.
>>
>>54113435
There's an item called "The Living Grimoire" in Solars that does that... but it's less of a "book" and more of a bird-golem. Also, I think bancho OK'd a similar concept for a Signature Item in PS238?
>>
>>54113392
>Does Class Card Heart from Prisma Illya only work for ones form the item section or can you choose one from the supplement at the end of the jump?
I thought everything in the supplement was available in the item section, or they wouldn't be in the supplement?
>>
>>54113435
I remember a book that could store 50 other books between its pages. One of the school slice of life jumps?
>>
>>54113581
PS238 sounds like a great choice then, thanks. I knew about the Solars owl but that's pretty different from what I'm trying to do here, which is store things like FE tomes and the Grimmoire from RWBY in a single book.
>>
>>54113600
I think anon is referring to the drawback where you fight Gilgamesh, if you win you get his class card which includes the filled Gate of Babylon.
>>
>>54113435
I think it's the one from charmed. If you wanted a book that acts as a lookup or browser for your magical library i think.
>>
>>54113623
Anyone know which jump this is?
>>
>>54113623
Sounds like something from Generic Hentai Modern.
>>
>>54113600
What?

>>54113631
No I was referring to the supplement with the normal Servant cards like EMIYA. They don't seem to be in the item section with the ones like Fragarach.

I doubt that would let you choose the Gilgamesh one, anyway.
>>
File: 1457474555047.jpg (165KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1457474555047.jpg
165KB, 1058x705px
>>54113542
>spoiler
Wait for the rest.

But, I'll be taking a break from the writefag spree, now. I'll be doing Part 4 of the PCC write-up tomorrow once I'm more awake and lucid, along with any draft edits.

Hope yall enjoyed the read so far.
>>
>>54113435
You could try enchanting it in Kind Arthur? Or just merge them with Aion's Armfusion Crafter and similar.
>>
>>54113646
Under Grail Candidate EMIYA is right there.
>>
>>54113673
Oh wow I completely missed those. Well shit.
>>
>>54113652
A query: does What's a Combo from Solars take away your knowledge of previously-gained Charms, or just the "meta" stuff and actual knowledge about the world? If it does, would that knowledge be restored upon exiting?
>>
>>54113703
All meta knowledge of Creation is lost, including what your late Charm trees contain and the secret of the Great Curse, secrets behind specific locations, who the Ebon Dragon's bride is, etc. The only exception are you background's memories, which will be only mildly helpful at worst and only cover a very narrow window at best. It comes back at the end once the drawback expires, which is post-jump.
>>
>>54113469
>>54113511
Who are you helping?
>>
>>54113723
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>54113389
Do you just not want anyone to get the full thing at all?
>>
>>54113933
>>54111955
>>
File: kamy.jpg (267KB, 850x1237px) Image search: [Google]
kamy.jpg
267KB, 850x1237px
>>54113933
Not at all. I'm just not willing to offer it in the Supplement since there's no way to do so without ruining the balance of the supplement. With a fitting jump, like the Fate/Legends one I'm making where the GoB will be a scenario reward in full, then I'm perfectly fine with it being obtainable. It just needs an appropriate cost and jump to be offered in.
>>
>>54113948
...man I fucked that spoiler up.
>>
>>54113933
If any jump offers the fully filled gate of babylon it would have to be as a senario reward. Oh look prisma does exactly that, go there if you want it.
>>
File: hell yeah.jpg (112KB, 685x600px) Image search: [Google]
hell yeah.jpg
112KB, 685x600px
>>54113948
>Fate/Legends
eh?!
>>
>>54113948
Cat's outta the bag, lassie.

When am I gonna get to be Mordred's cool older brother without wanking that recommendation letter from King Arthur just right?
>>
File: lux.jpg (114KB, 850x447px) Image search: [Google]
lux.jpg
114KB, 850x447px
>>54113968
Making a semi-OC (OC in that it's not a canon property but it's based on all the canon stuff) jump for all the Servant backstories. Heroic Spirit stuff, so it ranges from Meopotamia/Sumeria with Gil and Enkidu to Victorian London and World War 1 stuff. Won't involve the supplement, since you're going to be a Hero, rather then a Servant.

>>54113988
It's a while yet. It's a big project, since I'm trying to cover most if not all the eras that Heroic Spirits come from.
>>
>>54113556
Good to know, thanks.

>>54113745
A student of mine who's magical abilities are too great for her to control, despite my best efforts. The only progress we've made is making sure she doesn't blow herself up. The amount of magical energy within her is actually damaging her body, not helped by the fact that spells made by her tend to have too much magic within them. This, combined with her magic lashing out when her emotions get out of control or when she feel threatened, makes them a danger to herself and others.
>>
>>54113948
Well now, definitly will be doing that senario when it comes out. The class card is a nice stop gap measure and an empty but customizable one is cool but all that glorious loot. Magpie intensifying.
>>
>>54111537
>permanant IPP+
Holy shit that's great. I'd buy the perk just for that.
>>
>>54114000
So, basically a "Here's how you (might have) gotten to the Throne (had you actually died.)"
>>
>>54114009
Pretty much. Definitely going to be an option when you can then be summoned to a Grail War at the end of a certain period of time in the jump as a Servant.
>>
>>54114001
How'd she get so strong in the first place?
>>
>>54114026
She came from a long line of powerful magic users, and her parents used a ritual to make sure she would be the strongest of them all. Well, they succeeded, unfortunately for her. They ended up being killed by one of her first magical outbursts, which only made said magical outburst worse, which is what got my attention in the first place.
>>
>>54114000
Oh damn, that sounds awesome. I haven't had a jump I was excited for in a while, but now I'm really looking forward to this.

Is it one of the ones coming out this month?
>>
>>54114090
Hohoo, no way. Er, to give an idea of how big this is going to be-

There are 16 location/era based origins, to represent all the different mythologies and time periods/locations Heroic Spirits come from. Generally, if it's just a location like Greece or Ireland or something, you can pick any time during the legends of it to go there. (So if you want to be around in Britain for King Arthur stuff, you can but you can also choose to go to Victorian London/England instead.)

All of those origins are getting perk and item lines, at least one of each if not more given how many Servants exist. Then we have another two sets of origins, one for your type (Hero/Anti Hero, Villain, Monster) and another for your general role (Warrior/Leader, Magician/Creator, Social/Stealth) that have more perks, though I dunno if they'll get items.

Then a scenario for each location/era, though they'll vary a lot in difficulty and thus reward. The Sumeria scenario will give a fully stocked, not brought down to Servant level Fate of Babylon, but it's also going to be one of the hardest scenarios. While the Victorian London scenario is probably going to be decidedly less hard and thus less rewarding. Maybe something about Jack the Ripper, eh?

As you can see, it's a big project. Upside is, it's easy as fuck to write for because there's no need to constantly consider the supplement or other Fate stuff. Downside is that I don't wanna use more then half of the perks/items from NPs or Skills people have, so there's plenty of stuff to make original.
>>
>>54114146
Jesus, that sounds awesome.
>>
>>54114146
Val, you're an absolute madwoman. And I love it. Out of curiosity, will there be something for Pre-European Arrival America? I know that's not really something covered a lot in Fate, but I think it could be cool.
>>
>>54114234
America is going to be one of the Eras. You can pick pretty mcuh any timepoint to drop in, so long as it's pre-1920 or so and it's a significant part of American myth/folklore/historical importance. So you could be there in the Civil War or the Independence War or whenever else is important for you guys.

Most Eras will work like that, taking a geographical location or mythology and then letting you pick any time during it. The only one that's not going to do this I think is likely Britain during King Arthur's time, since there is just so much Fate content to cover there, so it'll be split up from later English stuff. May or may not do the same for a few other places though (Middle East being separate from Sumeria or whatever, shit like that)
>>
>>54114267
Sounds great, looking forward to what you do with this, Val. Oh, and if you don't mind me asking, would it be possible to have a perk for Heroes involving subverting tragedies? Given how many heroic tales end in tragedy, it seems fitting to have a perk dedicated to preventing such a thing, to creating a happy ending. I mean, it wouldn't be a guaranteed happy ending, but it would help in reaching one at least.
>>
>>54114337
I'll probably put that in the Hero origin, yeah. It's awfully common for them. Thanks for the suggestion anon.
>>
>>54114351
In a similar vein, redirecting consequences to an ally would be appropriate. After all, heroes often lose many of their allies - this loss is often what gives them what they need to accomplish whatever they're heroing for.

The tragedy is often what makes a hero. Or the anti-hero, villain or monster.
>>
>>54114061
Damn.
Is this OC or a canon character?
>>
>>54114146
>scenarios

Thoughts for Camelot, the Celtic era and ancient Greece?
>>
>>54114463
OC. I got a lot of inspiration from various characters in fiction with difficulties revolving around their powers, but I ended up thinking "What if she never learns to control her powers? Would she be better off without them?", and that's what motivated my original question.
>>
>>54114493
>camelot
Hard to decide on that one. The obvious one, for this and most others, would be just taking the place of the biggest hero, but that's kinda unsatisfying. Personally, I'm leaning towards having you instead replace Merlin, needing to take on the role of raising and guiding Arturia towards becoming a good king. Except in this case, you need to ensure that the rebellion either does not happen or that she survives and continues to rule over Britain's golden age.

>Celtic
Not sure on this one, going to look more into the Celtic heroes to decide what an appropriate challenge/reward would be.

>Greek
Spoilt for choice here, with all the great journeys. Might just do that. You're given a Great Task to accomplish and get an adventure on the scale of the Odyssey or Heracles' twelve labours to go on. Probably list a number of end goals and associated events along the way.

>Sumeria
VELBER, done right
>>
File: jc9.jpg (148KB, 1000x1273px) Image search: [Google]
jc9.jpg
148KB, 1000x1273px
[Genius: The Transgression]

Drawbacks: Anchor, Hollow MenX5, Ham On! Jumper, the Truth is Out There (1600)

A 'Real' Scientist

Inspiration (Free)
Wonderous Creations (Free)
A Prized Aesthetic: Empyrean (Free)
Pankosmoi, the Needle Grail (1200)
Inconsistencies Without End (Free)
The Control Variable (1000)
A Correlation of Constants Between Physical Reality and Wondrous Artifice Creation (700)
Archweltanschaaung (600)
A Master of the Axioms (0)

The world opens around me like a broken lotus. No, THAT is false, and THAT is a superstitious, and THIS is oh hi Kuyou. Are you okay?

"Error" she whimpered, rolling around on the ground after looking at the perpetual potato Mania reactor I'd put together. "Error. Errorerrorerror"

Yasumi just shrugged.

My other companions were clustered around a speaker leading to the 9th member of our little think tank. "Don't worry, being made one with the Void is just temporary!" Cloud said, while the Cold One on the other end whimpered and shrieked about dead electrons. "It's like a big sleep, you go away and then when the new world is. Ah. The world isn't reforming? Anon, did you hear that? Our guest's world isn't reforming!"

Angry shouts, thuds and clangs echoed outside our compound.

We'd been hold up in my Legion of SCIENCE! secret lair for a week after the Hollow Men had zeroed in on our location. To test if rage influences Void dynamics, I'd dropped them into a moat leading to a cage of transparent, sorcerous forcefields. Where they were forced to look at my Wonder stockpile.

If my calculations were correct, individual salt levels increase exponentially and then plateau at around 11.7 CYOA threads. Regrettably, treatment by conventional means seems currently unviable.

(Cont'd)

>>54114637
>SUMERIA

Oh.

Oh, snap.

As for Celts-aren't a lot of the Celtic Servants participants of the Ulster Cycle's events?
>>
>>54114680
Most are upholstery cyclists yeah.
>>
File: jc22.jpg (462KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
jc22.jpg
462KB, 1440x900px
>>54114680
I had bigger fish to fry. The war with the Exarchs was reaching a breaking point, now the God-Machine had reclaimed enough of it's old power to field angels in earnest, the Arisen were fully empowered and both Princesses and Mages had become accepted in modern society.

Naturally, this left both the Genius communities bitter beyond belief.

After submitting a thesis on my Grand Unified Theory of Mania, I was laughed out. Mass producing the Qashmallim production facilities for the war effort quickly got me taken seriously again, but in a bad way. A prompt apology from the Peerage came, which was itself followed by hundreds of accusations.

"It can't be that simple! What do you mean, YOU NEED TO CARRY THE ONE BEFORE DIVIDING BY ZERO???!" read one anonymous post.

"Don't listen to the haters, I want this to be real" read another email. "I'm going to be very mad at you if you turn out to be a figment of my imagination"

"This email is rigged to explode. Send me the Needle Grail. Now" read yet another email, as I turned off my laptop. It was a bad time to be a Genius, now the Sixth Watchtower had pierced the Abyss. The few strays I managed to recruit tended to be independents or newly Inspired.

Ironically, I had much better luck with the Lemurians (the new ones; I had the snakefolk dogpiled by Qashmallim early on)-especially after they heard how the Peerage treated me. Even the Nazis. A lot of them also enjoyed the challenge Phyre and Qlithu set them, which would harness all the Axioms on a scale so great it would make Krakatoa look like a firework. If nothing else, nothing quite stokes a mad scientist's ego like working in a war on Heaven.

My allies here didn't understand the value of the Empyreal Eschaton, other that it was so big it had to be built on several different continents-and mostly inside of the God-Machine. On it's big day, I tore open a portal in time within it's firing chamber and walked to the end of the world.

(Cont'd)
>>
File: jc21.png (337KB, 603x602px) Image search: [Google]
jc21.png
337KB, 603x602px
>>54114697
I brought a picnic basket full of Protoshinmaic Vortexes, the patented Reality-O-Matic I'd built years before becoming Inspired and a few friends. It had been many strange aeons since Cold Ones had attended a picnic, and I must say they were rather rude-like an ocean warming itself around a candle. Or a bunch of hungry New Yorkers converging on a hot dog stand.

Hungry bugggers kept trying to eat the Vortexes raw and got Wyld all over their faces, instead of letting me cook them; our guest was the most polite, and got the prime cuts of nebula-steak I finally managed to cook something instead of just throwing food into the void.

Cloud quite enjoyed their company, but they were terrified of her. They kept trying to nibble on Kayle, so she smacked one so hard in the quorks it wobbled funny. Makoto managed to talk to one-but came back disappinted. She said it just kept saying eat, eat, eat, yay over and over again.

For dessert, I revealed the Mania-pudding I'd invented as a Wonder-food; they ate THAT faster than anything. The compact was made then, relighting the stars of their universe and tributes of Mania-pudding in exchange for loyalty.

Back to the present, with a gift of boiling entropy. My weapon was primed, and as pure energy parts of me flowed into the rest of it's components across every dimension the God-Machine could reach.

It only seemed appropriate, after all. The Needle Grail taught me there is no true distinction between art and science. And art demands sacrifice. I wrought this art. I should be it's sacrifice.

And with a distant sound of thunder the Exarchs fell, screaming, from their thrones. Men once climbed a silver ladder to the Supernal Realms. Now men again, they crawled in the dirt and howled for what they had lost.

How...nostalgic.

Already, the Genii were converging on their helpless oppressors. Desperate to do science, to magic.
>>
So, about Genius: the Transgression, are they deserving of the name? Are they more intelligent than normal humans, does Mania at all correlate to intelligence? Or is it all just insanity and not!reality-warping mad "science"?
>>
>>54112491
Demilich.
>>
File: jc7.jpg (256KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jc7.jpg
256KB, 1920x1080px
>>54114814
It's not!reality warping mad science, yes. The thing is-it DOES follow very specific principles, it's just that almost no two Genii can agree what they actually are and they don't necessarily make logical sense.

There's a thing called Larvae, for example, which refers to collecting the body parts of supernatural lifeforms with to enhance Wonders.

Anyway while not supernaturally so the Genius template DOES add a dot to Intelligence. So, not supernaturally smart but a fair bit smarter than they used to be. While what they're doing isn't science as currently understood, conceptually Mania is the stuff that makes people invent fire and the wheel. It's just nigh-impossible to channel into anything other than the weird, unreplicable stuff that is Wonders.
>>
File: tumblr_m6pxeezw401rveg74o1_500.gif (242KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6pxeezw401rveg74o1_500.gif
242KB, 500x263px
>>54114814
Most Geniuses tend to be above average intelligence, but if anything I would say that Mania correlates more to creativity, a desire to create, learn, and explore, and a tendency to want to push boundaries and limits of research and "science", all while attempting to explain and rationalize your theories (which, if you explain in a sufficiently manic way to a captive audience, you actually get extra mania for!).
I might even go so far as to liken it to a mental sort of spiral power in its outlook, except that pushing beyond the impossible tends to also make you go irrevocably insane.

So, basically, Geniuses are scientists, every one of them. But not all scientists are geniuses. Understand?

It's telling that Clockstoppers (which are sortof the correlative antithesis to a Genius), are less "lumbering idiot" and more an active drain on progress and creativity. A Clockstopper of sufficient power can dull thought to rote predictable patterns and indignation and actually no-sell things created by man. They're like the AntiSpiral in this metaphor, actively inhibiting forward thought.
But some Clockstoppers are still very intelligent.
Those Clockstoppers are very dangerous.
>>
File: jc1.jpg (30KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
jc1.jpg
30KB, 250x353px
>>54114913
Wait, I misremembered: Larvae means things acquired at great moral cost, and work because the genius' willingness to exploit things like orphans to power his doomsday machines somehow stimulates the mind to let them build better Wonders.

...yeah.
>>
>>54114814
Well, the moment of Breakthrough causes a Genius to become more something - Intelligent, quicker of thought (Wits), or resolute (Resolve).
At this point they're still within the bounds of human limits (It takes an Inspiration of 6+ to surpass the human limits on Attributes.)

Mania itself doesn't correlate to intelligence... There's a reason their power trait is called Inspiration and that they're often referred to as the Inspired. It's about the creative impulse more than "intelligence."

As for the rest, well, they're still at least partially bound to real science - Their works operate on different scientific principles (and those principles differ from one Genius to another) but they're internally consistent rules for a given Genius, and they don't entirely ignore real science.

In short, it might be Mad, but it is still Science.

It's also important to note that they can still do real Science as well. They can even talk shop intelligently... The Jabir is a penalty, not a crippling disability.
>>
>>54114913
>>54114923
>>54114947
Hmm... Interesting. Thanks, anons
>>
>>54114947
>Their works operate on different scientific principles (and those principles differ from one Genius to another) but they're internally consistent rules for a given Genius
That's not science, though. That's just self-consistent delusion. One that admittedly does produce results, but one of the defining characteristics and great strengths of science is that if something is true for one person it's true for everyone. If you can't get peer-reviewed, it's not really following the scientific method.
>>
>>54115051
Well, since the Needle Grail exists it's effectively insufficiently advanced science since while results aren't very replicable, there are constants and rules that just aren't that well known.

Kinda like how we can't get those goddamn electrons to behave in the double slit experiment.
>>
>>54115051
>>54115069
Well, it's true that the Inspired Wonders aren't "true" science - The Jump just has a couple of ways of bypassing that. There's a reason they're called Wonders by the Inspired.

Under the effects of Havoc, Wonders don't even fail in a consistent way.

That said, Scientific Principles and Scientific Method are not necessarily the same thing. There's a reason I mentioned the former rather than the latter.
>>
>>54115051
Anon, that's the whole point of Genius. It's not real science. It's why if a Genius submits shit to get peer reviewed bad shit happens.
>>
>>54115069
>Well, since the Needle Grail exists it's effectively insufficiently advanced science since while results aren't very replicable, there are constants and rules that just aren't that well known.
Two problems with that: Firstly, The Needle Grail doesn't exist. Not yet, anyway, and as far as anyone knows it might never exist. It's a hypothetical, no recorded Genius has ever attained it. That's why they call it a Grail, because it's some endless quest for a thing that might not actually be real. The jump is actually very generous by offering it for purchase, that's a huge deal.

Secondly, even if there is some fundamental underlying structure in the Needle Grail that unites all the Axioms and makes it possible to apply the scientific method to them, that doesn't make what the Geniuses do science. Because their "discoveries" don't actually represent reality, the real thing making all their gadgets work is something totally different from what they think it is. I can believe that penicillin is made from the tears of angels, and that makes it able to cure sickness. And if I inject it into myself, I'll be cured of sickness. But this does not actually mean that my hypothesis was right. "Proving" a theory tells you nothing. Disproving a theory tells you a lot.

>>54115096
>That said, Scientific Principles and Scientific Method are not necessarily the same thing. There's a reason I mentioned the former rather than the latter.
Yeah, sure, but "scientific principles" in the absence of the scientific method don't mean anything. They're just aesthetics. Geniuses are playing dress-up as scientists, that's all.

>>54115166
I know, that's why I find Genius to be the only World of Darkness game (and a fan-game, at that) to be genuinely horror. That's the scariest thing in the world to me.
>>
>>54115204
Why does it scare you? Any more than general reality warping and the like.
>>
>>54114688
Hey, Val, some questions about Brettonia if you don't mind: Does Wrath of the Brettoni apply to ranged weapons? Also, does it work on weapons produced through non-mundane means, such as the First Magic? What about weapons made from fantastic materials but which are otherwise "mundane"? A few examples for your consideration: Adamantium or Vibranium from Marvel, Orichalcum from Exalted, non-magical weapons Projected or wielded in UBW, Ithilmar from Warhammer, Katchin from DBZ, Necrodermis from 40k.
>>
>>54115219
Not him, but doesn't it kind of screw over your attempts to actually perform "real" science later by making you find things that aren't true for everyone?
>>
>>54115233
Jumpers don't necessarily preform "real" science right now. Some of my AI absolutely couldn't be reproduced in either our world or most of those my Jumper's visited.
Either through fiat or multiversal causality, I can build impossible works of science on the local level.
>>
>>54115266
Good for you!
>>
>>54115219
Reality warping I can justify with the idea that there's a higher level of physics than that which we know. There are still laws to reality, the world is consistent, it's just our limited perspective of reality that makes it look like the laws of physics are changing. Still scary, because there's this powerful thing that could do whatever it wants to me, but at least there's somewhere out there where the universe makes sense..

But the idea that there are no real laws of physics at all? That inductive reasoning doesn't work? That all phenomena are non-repeatable and it's just coincidence that makes them look otherwise? That everything in this world is adrift and helpless, from the highest to the lowest, and security is impossible? Yeah, that's some existential shit, anon. I want to live in a world of rationality. Where I can say "these are the things that can result from this current state", and use that knowledge to act accordingly so as to advance my goals. If you can't do that, life is pointless. It's entirely random. Sure, maybe reality has been chugging along like there's a causal relationship between states, but that's just coincidence. Just one tiny point way off on the bell curve of probabilities, that this random system has looked like it has order for so long. The longer you go the lower the odds it will keep looking like it has causality. Sooner or later it will reveal the truth to you.
>>
>>54115271
My point is a lot of Jumper science can't be replicated by others.
>>
>>54115266
Not just in the context of a Chain, but in isolation as well.

>>54115283
For each branch of "jumper tech", there's probably at least one universe where it can be replicated. Unless you specifically take perks for it.
>>
>>54115221
Ranged weapons would work. Wouldn't work on things made with supernatural means and it depends on what kind of fantastic. Anything with innate magical or supernatural properties would not work with it so orchialcum wouldn't and things made with magic, like Katchin or UBW projections wouldn't either. Necrodermis, Adamantium and Vibrnium should all work. No idea what Ithilmar is though.
>>
>>54115276
>>54115305
Ah... I see your dilemma. If I were you, I'd go for Rick's approach to such things:
"Just don't think about it."
>>
>>54115313
Alright, thanks. Actually... considering that the First Magic is technically "summoning" things, would it work for that? Oh, and since you made both jumps, I might as well ask: Would weapons acquired from Girl's Best Friend in Oreimo count as "being made" supernaturally?
>>
>>54115348
Hm. Good point, it'd work with First Magic stuff then.

Not from that perk. It's gained through 'fiat' so while technically it is supernatural, it wouldn't really count as such for this.
>>
>>54115313
A probably answered query about the Living Template:

Does the invulnerability from the mundane work against the weapon, or a person? While it is obvious that a magic weapon will hurt no matter who the bearer is, will Naruto ninja with a mundane sword do damage? What about a normal kunai (does the damage being ranged matter)?

While a Servant wouldn't get hurt by even a nuke, what if the launch was ordered/the "red button" was pressed by a magician?

Also holy crap do I feel your pain. Broken space bar is the WORST.
>>
>>54115276
What sorts of things can a Genius build, anyway?
>>
>>54115386
The eight Axioms cover mostly anything you can imagine.

One guy had a time travelling canoe. Just canoe that time travels.
>>
What kind of things count as 'technology' when dealing with a Clockstoppers' immunity?

Before you say magic or divine stuff bypass, I'm taking an approach that means stuff like trebuchets or redirecting a stampede or setting a flash flood on them. That would work, right?
>>
>>54115361
Thanks. One more thing. Would having similar perks or abilities which passively boost your equipment (like Eternal Soldier or A Creator's Love from Tomb Kings, or the below from Overlord) cancel it out?

>your equipment is now impossible to break or be damaged by any method so long as you are holding or wearing it.
>>
>>54115399
Yeah, I just started reading about some of the things a Genius with the needle can do...
A little terrifying to tell the truth
>>
File: XiE5R4v.jpg (69KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
XiE5R4v.jpg
69KB, 500x379px
All right fuck it, I spent god knows how long trying to write a coherent drop in capstone that didn't make the other origins worthless or trying to not make it useless alongside making the 400 CP perks, ending with me erasing many times because I didn't like the end product. So after many times of thinking what's the best thing to do, I decided to write some demon perks to make myself feel as I didn't waste my time and show you my non spellchecked WIP/notes for you to give suggestions, corrections, shitposts, criticisms and things you want to see.

Please tear this pastebin apart
https://pastebin.com/yTrTw2Bt

I'll see you all when I wake up.
>>
>>54115368
Bit of an in between. It's against the weapon if it's being fired from range, such as the nuclear example, but on a personal scale, a magical person will allow a mundane weapon to harm you.

So if someone with magical ability is touching the weapon as they hit you or shoot you, then it'd bypass.

But if someone is pressing a button that the fires a weapon separate from them, like launching a missile from a jet or silo or firing the guns of a mecha, then it won't.

Personal weapons count the weapon or person, impersonal ones count only the weapon.

Spacebars are pretty bad. Mine's fixed but the P key, the backspace, and the home key on my laptop computer all broke instead, so almost as bad. Just glad I have a separate keyboard and getting a new computer soon.

>>54115413
Hmmm. Well, it depends on the exact perk. If it's working via perk fiat, then it's similar to the Oreimo example and it'll still work. But if it's a perk based on an in universe thing, like making you constantly have a certain enchantment on you, then it'd probably trip the no magic deal.
>>
>>54115386
A lot of things. Given the numerous possible ways a Genius's aesthetic can develop, the Axioms are based on results of the Wonder rather than methods. So Katastrophi Five grants access to "Long-range city devastators and monster busters" and you can make it deal these enormous amounts of damage through whatever means you want. You'd probably be best off just getting a copy of the pdf. It's free. Here, look, a wild URL link appeared: https://sites.google.com/site/moochava/genius
>>
>>54115431
Again, thanks. This has been quite helpful.
>>
>>54115204
>They're just aesthetics. Geniuses are playing dress-up as scientists, that's all.

You just summed up Genius wonder working. Here's the next part: The Geniuses know this, and it bugs them.

>>54115233
>doesn't it kind of screw over your attempts to actually perform "real" science
No, actually it doesn't. Not on it's own, at least.

>>54115386
Well... It depends on their Axioms. An example: With just Automata, it gives you the basic ability to make pretty much any form of automaton. From factory to 60' tall giant robot. Also extends to AI. This is your robot minion Axiom, though you'd probably want some other axioms to arm and armor them.

>>54115404
Clockstoppers are pretty much unmada of anti-tech. At the upper end, one could theoretically cause Havoc in the trebuchet.

Unmada at the upper end can cover an entire city in their unmada field (what edits reality to conform to their aesthetic, supports Manes, and such). Imagine that, only a field that size that says "all things of technology are Inspired wonders, and thus fall to Havoc when touched by Mere Mortals." This would apply to a trebuchet.
>>
>>54115404
High level Clockstoppers have Servant-esque immunity to ALL wonders of civilization. Guns and yes, trebuchets included. Animals, floods and right hooks work just fine. Just be careful, they can make you stop thinking.

>>54115415
Pankosmoi doesn't let you build much, it's just a cheat code. It's the other eight that are the good stuff. Drugs, nukes, boats, psionic abilities... Yesh - once you spend enough time designing, anything is possible. I once created a character whose wonders were exclusively violin melodies that had effects on people. T'was great.

>>54115431
Alright, that works. Thank you kindly!
>>
>>54115386
What CAN'T they build? As you get higher up in axioms you really start losing most limitations. Some inventions might require multiple axioms, but axioms tend to cover pretty broad subject matter, like "destruction", "travel", "protection", "automation" ... the thread is not exaggerating when it says Geniuses are basically reality warpers. The main caveat that all their warping has to take the form of some kind of invention or scientific procedure, and requires "research" to unlock, because again, they are still basically following science and logic, even if they're really not.

Think of it as kindof an even more ridiculous version of a Strong Spark from Girl Genius, except if you start sparking hard you might lose yourself and never be able to stop.

>>54115404
Technology as defined by Clockstoppers includes anything created or modified by man. This includes sharpened sticks.

However, the good news is that, much like Genius Axioms and Vampiric Disciplines, that immunity is just one of several areas a Clockstopper can focus their efforts, called "Voids", and it requires maxed "dots" to reach that level. Most Clockstoppers are not at that level, and for each dot they don't have, the further up the technological chain they can be effected by. It goes by era. So, like, four dots makes you immune to firearms and explosions, but swords still work.

And if they have all five dots, well... you can still always just drop an elephant on them.
>>
>>54115431
Not him, but would that mean it doesn't work with Grail Knight?
>>
>>54115455
>You just summed up Genius wonder working. Here's the next part: The Geniuses know this, and it bugs them.
Yes, I'm aware of this. I've read the book. I'm just trying to make this point clear for the people who haven't. I'm sorry if I'm saying something that turns out was obvious and needed no explanation and I'm just being silly. I have trouble telling that sometimes.v
>>
>>54115455
Huh, in that case would martial arts fail around them? Everything from modern boxing to pankration, maybe even the stuff Exalted get up to counts as a formalised method of combat, right?

But would super strength fail if it wasn't from a bottle, but an innate part of the physiology?

>>54115466
Oh hey Annette, haven't seen you in a while. I'm looking through the pdf, so at most they make talking impossible. You can still think, which is horrifying.

>>54115467
Well, let's just say I have an old man I want to part from his walking stick.
>>
>>54115415
Where'd you find that?
>>
>>54115468
Correct.
>>
>>54115484
Er,no sorry, been a while since I looked at this. It works with Grail Knight so long as you only use mundane weapons.
>>
>>54115480
Thanks! Still finding ways to get to the internet. Some suck more than others.

Also, hm? I was sure that brainwashing was somewhere in there with Clockstoppers... Oh well.
>>
>>54115493
Hm. Doubly mistaken actually. It DOESN'T work with Grail Knight. I missed the bit where you auto get magic enhancement to all attacks.

Yikes.
>>
>>54115480
>would martial arts fail
Nope. In fact, that's a fairly good way to end them. As are claws and fangs. Just ask the vampires that they're sure to annoy in the WoD.
>>
Jump #371: Charmed
>The Sun, reversed: The warm passing glow of dusk. Peace without vigilance.
>Age: 23
>Location: Demonic Wasteland
Why do I keep starting out in Hell and Hell-like dimensions.
>Identity: Neutral Human
>Scenario: (+600PP) To (Not) Serve In Hell
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't. And those 600 points? They're going toward power negation.
>Drawbacks: (+400) Psycho Cop With Magic And Friends
Aaaaand that's why I need power negation. Pity I don't actually start the jump with it. Don't worry, it'll make sense later.
>Avatar Link (1100, Neutral)
>No Such Thing As Magic (Free, Neutral)
So I'm taking the The Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal's approach to magic, then. You see, the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal is a vicious wild animal from the planet of Traal, known for its never-ending hunger and its mind-boggling stupidity. The Guide calls the bugblatter the stupidest creature in the entire universe - so profoundly unintelligent that, if you can't see it, it assumes it can't see you.
>Dreamer (Free, Human)
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
>Heartless (500)
Oh. Uh, if I don't actually kill anyone, will I know I even HAVE this potential?
>Badge of Jumper (Free, Neutral)
Crap, no wonder the cop's messing with me - I probably pulled some juris-my-diction crap and it threw them off of what they were doing, or pointed the wrong kind of attention at them.
>Transplanted Power: Power Absorption [300, Neutral]
>Transplanted Power: Power Mimicry [0, Neutral]
I get 600 bonus points for items as a mortal, so let's go with these two things.
>Power Containing Lantern (300)
I kind of want to just study this and see if I can replicate the empty vessel.>Companion Import: Coven (0)
Probably a good thing that I brought my companions along. I think they may be better off being something better than mortals, though.

The write-up went too long. Here, instead of eight posts.

https://pastebin.com/RLnpH486

tl;dr I'm Magic Eidolon now.
>>
>>54115430
Yay! You're not dead!
>>
>>54115455
>Automata
Is that axiom's fluff in the Jump? I can't seem to find a description of it.
>>
>>54115494
They can rally angry mobs to storm the Mad Doctor's castle, but that's about it.
>>
>>54115494
> Also, hm? I was sure that brainwashing was somewhere in there with Clockstoppers... Oh well.
You might be thinking of "Brotherhood of Righteousness"?

> Brotherhood of Righteousness
> The Clockstopper is able to call up furious mobs of mortals that she can use to attack and harass geniuses. The Hollow Man spends one hour circulating among the mortals in a place, poisoning their minds against a genius (or a whole collaborative), and rolls Acedia + Brotherhood of Righteousness + Presence vs. the Obligation + Presence of the lowest-Obligation genius targeted.
>>
>>54115512
Automata can be found starting on Page 174 in the Genius pdf (the non-bookmarked one.) Note, the real one, not the Jump.
>>
>>54115316
The one time he tried to explain how he does what he does to Morty, he called it "the cosmic dance" in the comics. With reference to time and molecules and stuff.
>>
>>54115430
Minor thing but the phrase "Just a test bro" is kind of jarring next to everything else.
>>
>>54115514
>>54115519
Ah, okay. My group is running Princess right now, so it's been a while.
>>
>>54115505
Different anon, but... doesn't it seem kind of silly for one capstone perk to render another from the same origin completely ineffective? Might be best to have it shut off for active effects (and passive effects which have to be cast, like buffs), or at least allow an exception for its sister perk.
>>
>>54115619
Well, there are three capstones for that one origin. It still has a fair few things that work. Mundane mounts are empowered, same with using more impersonal weapons like siege engines, which would also be empowered. It also still boosts your armour and shields, since Grail Knight only auto adds magical energy to your attacks and otherwise just buffs your body.

So it's not really making it entirely ineffective, just preventing it from buffing your personal attacks, which are being buffed by Grail knight anyway.
Thread posts: 510
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.