[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Hoojib Uprising

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 61

File: hood bunnies 2.jpg (82KB, 599x590px) Image search: [Google]
hood bunnies 2.jpg
82KB, 599x590px
Previous thread >>>54037764

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign
>>
File: Starship_Graveyard_Jakku_SWDA.png (1MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Starship_Graveyard_Jakku_SWDA.png
1MB, 1200x900px
First for Jakku Defender
>>
X-wing players, what ships in each faction are considered to be really good?
>>
>>54097166

Scum: Protectorate and Jumpmaster
Rebels: K-Wing, X-Wing(Biggs only)
Empire:Tie Defender(X7 title)
>>
This came up as a rules question in my last game and I checked everywhere I could think of online but couldn't find any clarification on it: When using Jyn Erso do you count the ships in arc of the ship carrying Jyn or the ship you've designated to receive the tokens? A more experienced player told me it was measured from the ship receiving the tokens but based on the way the card is worded it really seems like it's the carrier who checks for targets in arc and the arc of the receiver is irrelevant.

>>54097166
For Rebels it's mostly the K-wing, though the Millennium Falcon isn't bad and the ARC, Ghost and E-wing all have very powerful builds. Biggs in the old X-wing is also a big deal but you're hardly taking him because of the ship, his ability would be stupid good on pretty much anything.

Empire has TIE Defenders and TIE/SFs mostly, and a TIE/FO with Omega Leader is pretty much a mainstay in every list. Pure Sabacc in a Striker is up there too as basically just a homing missile. Decimators seem to be doing alright as well and Phantom's might be making a comeback too but that may just be how my local meta is shifting.

For Scum it's Jumpasters all the way with basically any combination of more Jumpmasters, Protectorates, Lancers, Jumpmasters, maybe YVs, and there's a high chance of people soon fielding Scyks, Khiraxzs and Starvipers alongside their Jumpmasters as well.
>>
File: 321-322-bts-gallery-01_a3f24b5e.jpg (102KB, 1280x908px) Image search: [Google]
321-322-bts-gallery-01_a3f24b5e.jpg
102KB, 1280x908px
>>
>>54088734

If you're hesitant to just give them straight cash rewards, give them opportunities to procure or liberate their own equipment, either as a mission given to them by their superiors or as something they do on their own initiative. Maybe they hear about an opportunity to raid an Imperial supply depot or cargo convoy and decide to sample some of the selection before sending the rest back to HQ. Maybe have a neutral gun runner make a deal with them for a side mission, sending them on a personal job but with arms & armor as the reward. Alternatively, put the cart before the horse and have HQ send over some supplies before a mission that's expected to be particularly dangerous or require a specific kind of approach.

Or, depending on the group's style, have them branch off on their own to rob an Imperial bank or a Hutt's treasure vault or another non-strategic target simply to acquire more resources to fund their operation. The rebellion doesn't exactly have it's own stable economy, especially if they're rogue agents like it sounds.

Hope there's something in there you can use!
>>
File: 1489717541890.jpg (43KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
1489717541890.jpg
43KB, 480x479px
Question didn't get answered in last thread, so here's shorter version: Is the reward table in No Disintegrations good for figuring up cash rewards in AoR?
>>
>>54098700
Son of a bitch, didn't see this when I reposted. I'm not hesitant to give cash, I've just been afraid of giving too much and ended up giving too little.
>>
File: Chris Madden firstmarker_03.jpg (186KB, 1920x798px) Image search: [Google]
Chris Madden firstmarker_03.jpg
186KB, 1920x798px
>>54100074
AoR is more about the Duty, running bases, blowing shit up and getting things with that Duty rank. If you add money into the whole equation that generally means you're not giving them Duty
Generally I personally try to avoid cash in AoR games as it tends to dampen their enthusiasm for blowing shit up, making things with tech skills, their negotiation + looting, though you throw in some money from Rebellion sponsors as a 'resource' means to an end so they can continue operating. Make them get the sponsors though!
That's just me though.

My frozen arse needs to feed the wampas before it gets really out of hand
>>
>>54100190
Those are excellent points, and I totally agree, but they recently reached Contribution 2 and as one of my players pointed out, C2 only allows up to Rarity 5, the grade of a standard blaster rifle that they've been grabbing off of defeated enemies left and right. They've successfully completed multiple suicide missions (where I was deliberately trying to kill them). Should I reduce the requirement to 50 Duty gets 1 Contribution? That would let them grab some Rarity 6 and 7 goodies.
>>
>>54100251
Nah, keep it at 100
Rarity 5 for a gun is kind of 'meh', considering Rarity 4 will get you a Y-wing...5 will get you an X-wing
So, sometimes its just a matter of perspective :)
>>
File: 1490067465075.jpg (301KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1490067465075.jpg
301KB, 1200x1800px
So i was recently playing X-Wing with a friend. He and i were doing well, playing fine, until one of the furballs we had created moved too close to a table edge. 1 bad manuver choice from him, and one lack of manuverable yt1300 from me, andd suddenly we both lost ships because their choosen flight paths and dials, but it got me thinking.

If kturns and immelmanns exist, but require a lot of room we think that other manuvers should work too. Namely a loop. Our house rule goes like this.

>any craft that can perform a k or immel can instead choose to perform a loop.
>similarly, any craft flown at pilot skill 7 or higher may also perform the manuver, regardless of craft, but will recieve an extra stress token.
>any craft may choose the loop manuver, and in the movement phase, move their craft in reverse the width of one full base of their craft's size to then be placed on the original heading.
>so any craft, choosing this manuver is backed up one base width of equivilent movement back to front as if moving regularly.
>looping is a red manuver, and the pilot and ship that performs the manuver recieves a stress as usual.
>looping follows all usual rules of manuvering with relations to bumping both other ships and battlefield debris.

We then played two games with this rule in play, and while it didnt see a lot of use, it was triggered twice, once to prevent another run off the board, and once to try and shake my tailing xwings.

What do you think tg? Would you use a rule like this?
>>
>>54097220
>>54098461
Is there anywhere that has sample builds for these ships to help give me some ideas?
>>
>>54101196
http://meta-wing.com

This is a good resource that tracks ships, polots, and upgrades across multiple tournaments. It isn't all-encompassing, but fun to look through.
>>
What's everyone's thoughts on the Quadjumper? It looks like a lot of fun to play with
>>
>>54101658
It's jank personified and I love it.

Spacetug, vizago, cloaking, pattern analyzer

21 points of pure irritation
>>
>>54101876
That's awesome! Any advice on how to fly it to be as irritating as possible?
>>
>>54101876
>>54101604
Chumbalaya, did you ever manage to get the krayts to Git Gud at checking their email?

Also, while the Krayts may not be advertising the bounty as of yet, to anyone in this thread-

If you can either win a tournament or come in first in swiss with a list comprised solely of a single small base ship, I'll send you a custom playmat.

if this doesn't get claimed in a month, add "go undefeated in swiss" as a claiming condition.
>>
>>54101940
Cloak turn 1 and turn 2 have vizago switch it out for emp or slicer tools. This way you get to stay cloaked. Fly up at an enemy ship you don't like and tractor it either onto an obstacle or into your firing range. Light it up. Rinse and repeat.

>>54101953
I'm but one man. If they don't get to it, The Kessel Run has got u senpai.
>>
>>54101876
How does vizago work?
>>
>>54101940
>>54102088
Vizago lets you cloak and then toss your cloaking device- meaning it can no longer fail.

I prefer using Intelligence agent instead- it lets you see where your opponent is going, and lets you position them with the tractor beam best to make sure they hit a rock/bump. It's also a point cheaper, and a generic.

Bring 5x Jakku Gunrunners with Arrays, Pattern Analyzers, and Intel agents- Tractor the fuck out of someone and melt them with your 2/3dice attacks. Sure, you have no mods, but they have no agility and no mods. Turn Defenders into Decimators.

>>54102038
Thanks man.
>>
>>54102296
Is it possible to tractor someone off the board?
>>
>>54102350

No, but you can put them in a position where they would have to fly off the board next turn
>>
>>54102350
Not from a Jedi.
>>
File: Race Tab.png (50KB, 1371x895px) Image search: [Google]
Race Tab.png
50KB, 1371x895px
Hey swg, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I've spent the last few months working on a hobby project that consolidates all the RPG material. I still have a long way to go, but here's my current layout for the races. I would very much appreciate any feedback (good or bad) about the UI, or features you would like to see.
>>
>>54102038
>>54102296

I thought you couldn't attack while cloaked
>>
>>54103725
You can't, that's why you use EMP device or Slicer Tools because EMP is instead of attacking and Slicer Tools is an action. The jury is out though on whether or not you can use "instead of attacking" triggered moves while cloaked though.
>>
>>54103597

As a man who recently started filling in a spreadsheet to store racial information;

Looks good to me. I assume the columns are filterable/sortable (as in, I can select to display races in order of, say, Agility)?
>>
Have anyone seen the new Quad Battery Turrets yet for Armada? I heard some stores got the new wave already.
>>
>>54101604
>Imperial Boba not even recognized as a ship on this website
>Friend insists on running him with every slot filled
>Friend wonders why he keeps losing
>>
>>54104170
Yes, you can click any of the columns to order by ascending/descending (ex: highest/lowest Agility).

I thought about a spreadsheet, but I wanted to have the option for more functionality. I'm on my phone so I don't have a screenshot, but the Talent tab looks like the tree's from the book, but you can select them to get the full description

In the future I plan on being able to link available attachments to weapons. For example, you could select a rifle from the table, and list possible attachments.
>>
>>54103597
>>54104857
Holy fuck, this looks pretty cool. I'd definitely use it, or give it to my players.
>>
Which of the two games is better if I wanna get into competitive gaming?
>>
>>54105495
Loopin Chewie
>>
>>54105372

Thanks! I'm away from my computer until tomorrow, but when I'm back I'll see about uploading what I currently have.

I have 100% of the races, and the majority of Force and Destiny careers/specializations/talent trees. The item tab is just a placeholder.

I'm slowly making progress, but it takes forever to grab all this stuff from each book.
>>
>>54105544
Gotta love how the trophy for the Loopin Chewie World Championships is bigger and cooler than the trophy for X-wing and for Armada.

Also, since I assume no feedback from the krayts means they didn't read/get my email with the bounty, do you want me to put Kessel Run stuff on the design in lieu of Krayt logos?

Does the Kessel Run even have a logo?
>>
>>54105495
>>54105495
Get into whichever game you find more fun- If you are getting into a game to be competitive, you are going to play it a lot, so play the one that you like more.
>>
>>54105495
It depends. In my armada group we are super competitive, but in other groups they are super casual.
My advice to your situation would be to go find your local groups for X-wing and Armada and hang out with them on their game days and scope them out. Sometimes the thing that helps decide between two games is realizing what kind of people you would be realistically playing it with.
>>
>>54102928
Heh
>>
File: Galaxymap_p1.jpg (1MB, 2400x1695px) Image search: [Google]
Galaxymap_p1.jpg
1MB, 2400x1695px
Swg i need to talk about my players and the dumb shit they do. They are currently rhe three protagonists in a rebel story set in the OT empire era. They are acting so erratically i cant figure out whats happening, or what they are trying to accomplish.

They have the current goal of getting to muunalist to meet with a former separatist banker who has acess to a hidden vault that may give valuable supplies/information for the rebellion (it doesnt, but they dont know that) and it has taken them a few hyperspace jumps to arrive. They told me they wanted to do two things:
>1 stay under imperial radar, and not draw attention
>2 earn the respect of the black market to aid in rebel procurment

I was okay with these goals, and thought they were great, well planned, and well considered. I let them stop on Vinsoth on the way from Yavin to Muunalist and they met the Chev and Chevin. They hated slavery, and when they tried to approach the black market were given two options to earn trust of the local gang of thugs. They could run slaves, or run ryll. Essentially people or space crack.

They choose the ryll, but without any provocation or warning they berated the drug manufacturers, killed a bunch of people, and torched the gang crack den. Then they were pursued off world, and decided to leg it. I thought that maybe they had forgone the 2nd objective due to the unsavory characters they would have dealt with. They told me they wanted to help the rebellion, not help people poison themselves. I am okay with this, and made changes accordingly.

They then jump to a small agri world named Generis, and after hearing an obvious distress beacon, decide to ignore it and land at the world's official spaceport which was also an obvious pirate stronghold. The imperial presence was nonexistant and they decided to confront the pirate king.

>cont.
>>
File: ithorians.png (945KB, 930x766px) Image search: [Google]
ithorians.png
945KB, 930x766px
>>54107529
They get in to meet him, posing as good traders, watch the pirate king kill a man, and then decide that he needs to die immediately. They start a firefight, and with the use of their freighter's cannons do very well. However, an imperial taskforce searching nearby jumps in system and DOESNT ignore the farmer's distress beacon, find out about the pirates and decide to "liberate" the pirate stronghold and reassert imperial authority.

The imps show up in the middle of the firefight and shut it down pretty quick. They destroy the base defense turrets, and begin landing sentinels and lambdas as well as flying TIEs in as top cover. They dont shoot at the players, or their ship, since they really are just returning fire from any pirates that shoot at them.

The players however, when confronted dont try to explain themselves, make themselves look like pirate captives, or even as a freighter crew trying to do the right thing (which they are) instead they just leg it and act like idiots. They of course manaved to get the ship, and get airborne, but are about to get jumped by a lot of ties and landers. And even then if they make it to orbit, at least 1 ISD and probably more than that.

I feel like this murder hobo attitude is not okay. And as mean as i could make Imperial entanglments and pirate/blacksun bounty-hunters, it would start fucking with the story a bit.

How the hell do i deal with this shit? I already talked to the players ooc about it, and they dont want to retcon the last two sessions, and they still want to hold onto their two side objectives, but they are purposefully initiating combat and ignoring story hooks. They dont seem to realize that they are being murderhobos and yet continue to do shit like"this guy is annoying, roll to blast him"
>>
best setting for fanfic?
>>
>>54108009
well, what kind of fanfic?
>>
>>54108071
whichever one you want
>>
>>54108094
from experience, the clone wars are probably best for writing the kind of crap fanfic that people like me enjoy laughing at, but is also good for character study-type pieces
If you want to write straight military stuff, it's either the clone wars or the Legends ICW that wins straight out
Pre-Vong NR is probably the best era for Jedi stuff if you don't want to make the utter fuckery of the late OJO a major part of the plot. I suppose the ToJ era would be great as well, but nobody actually uses it

Newcanon is really good for nothing, except possibly something savagely mocking how retarded the NuRepublic is, but that could easily turn out retarded and terrible
>>
File: get out of here stalker.jpg (192KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
get out of here stalker.jpg
192KB, 600x480px
>>54108009
The Zone of Alienation circa 2011-2012. Or the Imperial Civil War era. Whichever one sounds more fun.
>>
File: Joshua_the_Ultimate_Jedi_Master.jpg (37KB, 351x450px) Image search: [Google]
Joshua_the_Ultimate_Jedi_Master.jpg
37KB, 351x450px
>Joshua Starwalker is a Legendary Jedi Master, who fought for the Jedi Order and became a General in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars against the Confederacy of Independent Systems; Joshua played a vital role during the time known as Darth Bane's Reckoning; Joshua survived Order 66 and became involved in one of the earliest conflicts against the Empire; Joshua Starwalker would later become a Rebel Leader during the final days of the Empire and help bring about the end of the Empire; following this Joshua Starwalker became the first king of Tatooine. He is the second born son of the Kiffar Guardian, Jaster Mereel and Korun Ambassador, Leilamiochi Starwalker. Joshua Starwalker along with his older brother Elijah Starwalker and their elder cousin Bobby Stormwalker became one of the most renown and respected Jedi of all time; and as such created a legendary Jedi Dynasty. Joshua's greatest feat was wining the Clone Wars for the republic as he defeated his former Master Darth Tyranus and General Grievous, becoming intergalacticly known as "The God of War".
>>
File: Joshua's_adventure.jpg (35KB, 640x289px) Image search: [Google]
Joshua's_adventure.jpg
35KB, 640x289px
Count Dooku then stated “What a reunion this is my former master, and my former padawan, all that we need is Qui-Gon Jinn and this would be a real party...anyway good-by my master, we shall all die together” just as Count Dooku said that he hit the self-destruct button. They ingested in as lightsaber duel that seemed even until Yoda delivers a powerful force blast and Yoda is winning. However before Yoda could finish his former padawan he is distracted by a powerful force vision in which He saw the burning of the Jedi Temple. Darth Tyranus then took this brief moment and proceed to blast Yoda with Sith lightning.
>>
File: OC Do not steal.png (539KB, 1116x449px) Image search: [Google]
OC Do not steal.png
539KB, 1116x449px
>>54108979
>>
>>54108979
>>54109623
>>54109646
>fanon wiki
Don't bring that evil here
>>
File: Joshua_Starwalker_Jedi.jpg (69KB, 369x450px) Image search: [Google]
Joshua_Starwalker_Jedi.jpg
69KB, 369x450px
>As Anakin flew down the tunnel he was greeted by 2004 battle droids and bounty hunter Aurra Sing. When Joshua finished flinging down his tunnel he broke through a room. Inside that room Joshua saw Plagueis reading a book siting right next to the security cameras. Joshua didn’t hesitate to start battle, rushing Plagueis with blind rage. Plaugeis unsurprised and un-amused quickly bested Joshua. However a furious Joshua soon rose to do battle again swinging wildly. Plagueis defeats him although he almost was hit with Josh’s saber. Plagueis now a little amused stated “I’ll let you live. There is some quality in you” Plagueis then stabbed Joshua in the shoulder.

>As Anakin rises Plaugeis continues “Never trust anyone, not your loved ones, not even yourself. Now Go!” Anakin leaves and Plaugeis turns his attention to Joshua, and places his hand on Josh Plaugeis does his chant and proceeds to tell Joshua “I am your Master. You shall tell me what you regard as your strength, so I will know how best to undermine you. Tell me your greatest fear, so I will know what I must force you to face. Tell me what you crave most, so I might deny you. Tell me what you cherish most, so I know what to take from you.” “Yes, My Master”

>>54109646
I remember that thread. Wasn't he partnered with a waste removal expert or something like that?
>>
>>54108200

Alternately do a fixfic where the new republic wasn't completely idiotic.

That's actually part of a premise I'm running with which is basically rewriting the nucanon era to a space cold war between the new republic and imperial remnant, with the resistance and first order being their extremist offshoots openly fighting each other in the outer rim and unknown regions.
>>
>>54109696
That was a Roll20 app that got mocked here for a while anon. Not fanon.
>>
File: Joshua_and_Striker.jpg (40KB, 536x450px) Image search: [Google]
Joshua_and_Striker.jpg
40KB, 536x450px
>Joshua stared confused thinking if this strange man could be the Jedi of Legend, the man who joined the first Sith and killed the last, but he was only a myth, or was he. Just then out of nowhere the man reapers as a force ghost and tells Joshua to travel to the Mustafar planet. As he is about to distappear Joshua asked if he was in fact the great Jedi, he responded “yes” and Joshua asked what was his name and the ghost responded “George Lucas Qel-Droma”. George then told him that he will train Joshua to defeat the new Dark Lord Darth Vader. Joshua asked George who this Darth Vader is and the response was Anakin Skywalker. Joshua was in disbelief but George continued telling him that in order to defeat Vader Joshua had to control his pain and anger and channel that it to a weapon of light, to clear his mind and his heart. Joshua was about to decline George’s grandiose offer, feeling preoccupied with finding the Book of Revitalization, but then remembered all his friends and Elijah, and Bobby, and felt that it was his duty as the last of the Jedi to avenged their deaths and destroy the Sith.

>George Lucas Qel-Droma
>George Lucas Qel-Droma
>George Lucas Qel-Droma

>>54109696
I'm sorry, anon, this is the only path left to me.
>>
>>54109780
>>George Lucas Qel-Droma
This shit has to be a parody, right?
>>
File: Joshua_and_Mara_Jade_3.jpg (30KB, 289x450px) Image search: [Google]
Joshua_and_Mara_Jade_3.jpg
30KB, 289x450px
>At first training seemed easy, just doing simple things like lifting heavy objects with his force power then it got harder like lifting the biggest mountain on the planet (90 stories tall) then picking up two mountains with two hands then both of the mountains with one. George then taught Joshua to focus on his saber while picking up the two mountains. When George felt Joshua was ready he took him to a secret and sacred place of the planet when out of nowhere a clone of the extinct Massassi tribe came and battled Josh, when he bested the Massassi clone it disappeared then returned with four more. After sometime Joshua defeated the fearsome five, and George congratulated him, they went inside a dark cave which lead them to a door, George opened it, and force pushed Joshua inside. Joshua had been transported to the First Sith War. He was immediately confronted by two Jedi who were being chased by 11 sith that surround the three Jedi. The three Jedi just look as they were going to reach their approximate doom, then Joshua charged at all 11 of them killing 9 while the other two Jedi finished off the rest. Joshua was baffled by this, he didn’t know what was going on but he pressed on. The War lasted 4 years and Joshua killed and saved twice as many lives than George.
>>
>>54109729
What about a Taoist interpretration, where dynamism wins over central control and the galaxy dissolves into a hundred small polities connected by a circuit of trade?
>>
>>54109729
>Alternately do a fixfic where the new republic wasn't completely idiotic.
I mean I guess you could, but in my experience those kinds of fixfics tend to spiral into million-word autism odysseys really rapidly, (see mass effect) so I can't in good conscience make such a recommendation
>>
>Tears then fall form her eyes as she says “Joshua that’s not what I mean...we have to leave this Rebellion...for all three of our sakes she then puts her hand on top of the hand Joshua has on her stomach. He is confused and knocked back by this statement and tells her “How can you say that, how can I give up on a cause I truly believe in, I believe we can win Mara I know we-” Mara Jade then erupted with emotional furry saying “NO YOU DON’T! YOU KNOW NOTHING! I’VE SEEN WHAT HE CAN DO, WHAT HE’LL SEND AT YOU!” Joshua is clearly taken back by this and Can’t muster words to say as she continues crying saying “What if he sends Vader, what will you do? Huh, What Can You Do!” Joshua then tells her calmly “I can handle Vader, George has taught me-” She then cuts him off again and says “All you can say is George this and George that, well if he comes George isn’t going to be there to coach you through it! George won’t be there to help you, to save you when you need saving! What will You Do?!!? YOU CAN’T WIN!!!!!!!” Joshua then yelled at her for the first time since they met and He screamed “I GOTTA TRY! I HAVE TO TRY,OR ALL THE DEATHS WE HAVE CAUSED, ALL THE PEOPLE AND THEIR SACRIFICES WILL HAVE BEEN FOR NOTHING! HOW COULD I EVER LOOK AT OUR CHILD IN THE EYES KNOWING THAT ITS LIFE IS HELL AND I, EVEN IN THE SLIMMEST OF MARGINS, COULD HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO CHANGE THAT!...I love you with all my heart but do not ask me to choose between my honor and my family. Mara Jade then looked deeply into Joshua’s eyes and told him as she wiped the tears in her eyes “Don’t ask me to watch you, die, because I have seen enough good people die. Our child needs a father not a dead hero."

>>54109844
The world may never know.
>>
>As Joshua stands in front of of his squadron of rebel soldiers, he turns toward them and addresses the nervous men and woman that stood before him, a grand army of the republic. He began to speak “Today, in mere minutes fate will come barging through our doors, it will look each and everyone of us in our eyes and speak to our very soul as it tells us: you're time has come; we will say no, fore we alone choose our fate, we alone will not falter, will not wavier from our desired task. Until the last man, till the last lightsaber,till the last blaster, we fight ! We WILL FIGHT, fore we do not battle for ourselves here, not any of us. We fight for the person standing beside you , I fight for each and everyone of YOU !!!” the crowd roars as Joshua continues “Today our might will know no end, we will strike with such fierce determination that the heavens them selves will open through it's ominous clouds, and shine upon us, as we smite the evil that tries to reign yet another blow upon us, we will face the Sith in open combat, this will be the last battle...Let Us end it, let us go home as to be with our wives, husbands, and children, free of tyranny...Let Us fight one final time, I ask each and every one of you raise your lightsaber, and your blasters, ignite them, blast them; for freedom, as the Sith come we will shout: you may take our lives, but you will not take our FREEEDOOOMM!!!!!” the Rebels roar with overwhelming vigor, and chant “FREEDOM!” as a sea of red light appears before them.

Fuck this, I'm out. The vast canon of the Starwalker universe is too much for me.
>>
>>54109871

I actually like that idea a lot, it'd be interesting to see how such a situation would change the dynamic of groups like the jedi. You probably wouldn't have a central order, let alone a council. Just individual knights travelling the galaxy, righting wrongs, protecting people in need, and passing their lessons on to individual apprentices.

>>54109889

You're definitely right, but in this case we have the convenience of legends data books and articles to pick and choose from where all the most autistic details are taken care of. My premise is moreso for the purposes of having FUCKHUEG space battles because my party are big Legend of the Galactic Heroes fans.
>>
>>54109999
>Braveheart
Yeah, definitely a parody.
>>
File: The_Fam.jpg (49KB, 316x450px) Image search: [Google]
The_Fam.jpg
49KB, 316x450px
>>54110065
I really have no idea, even if this is a parody, the fact that it goes on for 76 pages and uses the actual photos of his family members worries me more than if it's just some unbelievably uncreative autist. For what it's worth, here's what he has to say for himself:

>J-Fizzel decided to create this character 4 years ago after watching all six Star Wars movies again. Along with his brother, J-516, they decided to make their own universe that would correspond, yet stray from the films. J-Fizzel's character of Joshua Starwalker is based on the actual Jedi Master Quinlan Vos and his exploits during the Clone Wars. In this Universe Quinlan Vos still exist and all of his activity before, and after the Clone Wars is still canon. However Quinlan's role in the Clone Wars of this universe is greatly diminished to that of a minor character. Everything Quinlan went through during the Clone Wars happens to Joshua. The reasoning behind it is so the reader is able to believe Joshua Starwalker as a formidable Jedi that can stand toe to toe with Sith elite such as Count Dooku. Other than this small portion of a much larger scale, EVERYTHING is 100% ORIGINAL.

That last sentence really makes it sound like a parody.
>>
Any other Imperial Assault players in here?

Anyone have scans of the full campaign books for the expansions? Like Return to Hoth and all that? The books on Fantasy Flight's site are just the rules, none of the campaign maps.
>>
File: 1496808239326.jpg (44KB, 585x438px) Image search: [Google]
1496808239326.jpg
44KB, 585x438px
>>54109889
>million-word autism odysseys really rapidly, (see mass effect)
Oh God, don't remind me, I was really into that shit back in high school
>>
I went to an FLGS today and saw that they had a few y-wings in stock so I grabbed two of them. I'm pretty excited about it!
>>
Finally got Thrawn today.
Also, my Barnes and Noble had a fucking Y wing in stock, so that's cool.
>>
File: fckya.gif (2MB, 348x258px) Image search: [Google]
fckya.gif
2MB, 348x258px
>>54103597
>>
Why hasn't anyone uploaded Disciples of Harmony for us poorfags?
>>
>>54112159
>>54112190

Wait, has there been some massive shortage of Y-wings? Maybe I'm just spoiled by living in New York with all the different game stores to choose from but I haven't had a problem finding anything recently.
>>
File: awaiting reprint.png (196KB, 826x921px) Image search: [Google]
awaiting reprint.png
196KB, 826x921px
>>54113120
there's so much shit awaiting reprint right now

check amazon for example just normal ass small ships are like $30 because everywhere is out of stock

this screenshot is just a third of the stuff

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/
>>
>>54113120
Y wings and K wings are out of production at the moment and are awaiting reprint. Hard to find right now.
>>
File: Tatooine.png (604KB, 1382x589px) Image search: [Google]
Tatooine.png
604KB, 1382x589px
>>54107764
>How the hell do i deal with this shit?
I sympathise, I really do.
But its mostly a case of bringing in some consequences for their actions, you've given them the freedom to go initiate things in a way they see fit and in some ways that's also given you the go ahead to deal with things as you see would be a result of doing those things. They're making lots of enemies, not making any allies and sooner or later that shit will catch up with them. Empire, pirates, thugs etc- the galaxy can get really small on a long enough timeline where there's nowhere left to run, because someone there is pissed off with them or just downright out for blood.

>The empire is a big lump hammer that will simply blast everything they own, maybe not the most agile, but they can keep just throwing resources at a problem until it goes away
>Thugs, generally are tied into organised crime groups and they don't like seeing their bottom line being chewed on by Johnny B Good's. Assassins... assassins everywhere to 'clean' the problem
>Pirates are a lot more cunning and can approach from two angles- land and space, maybe drive them off planet into a trap and wreck everything.

Don't pull any punches, the PC's haven't.
>>
>>54107764
I had a longer version of this post, but lost it to trash mobile shit
But the short version is, if they're in it for sincere Vendetta against evil motherfuckers, give them opportunities to do it for free, and then if they're really for it, benefit the rebellion by REMOVE SLAVER like discount kebab, because despite certain horsecock enthusiast, possibility australian, nonsense, this is still a heroic universe
If they'd just murderhobo faggots, then give them increasing risky jobs for money until they run into North Hollywood time and have to choose between going to guns and dying hard or not, and dying soft
>>
>>54112441

someone shared this a while ago, it's missing pages

mega.nz/#F!x3BnyYgL!dhNJV7MsUuQF2_yUet-oQg
>>
>>54113173
>>54113183
On that note, how many y wing expansions do you all have? Is one enough or is it typical to get more?
>>
File: bad_feeling.png (191KB, 565x318px) Image search: [Google]
bad_feeling.png
191KB, 565x318px
>>54114082
The thing is they seem to lack some vital idea based on the fact that they are players. They run into something assuming they can do anything, so they do what they want. This isnt always what they SHOULD be.

Another example is that when they were assaulting the crack den, they found a chev slave inside. They talked to it, and threatened it. Then they let it go and it ran off. However they were 1 secong from blasting it because 'no witnesses' is a thing.

They hated that the gang minor boss owned slaves, but they werent really interested in freeing the slave, just killing the gangster. They even brought it up in their dying conversation with the gangster.

They are either retarded, or playing me, but this murderhobo two face attitude needs to stop. Should i insert a dmpc? I really dont want to railroad, but i want them to act with common fucking decencey.

Im considering inserting a jedi character soon that will guide them to the lightside.
>>
>>54116200

Let them cause a little more mayhem, then have Alliance HQ call to chew them out for turning up the heat on their operations and try to reign them in. If they keep going after that, have the other rebel groups shut them out/sell them out - they're too dangerous to allow continued action with impunity. At that point they'd have every faction but the few hiding Seppies out for their blood.
>>
>>54114082
Oh why can't you just be more like an American, the kids want to play hardball.
Play hardball with them.
>>
>>54098461
>When using Jyn Erso do you count the ships in arc of the ship carrying Jyn or the ship you've designated to receive the tokens?
Any reference to "You" or "Your" refers to the ship that has the ability or euqiped upgrade card.

The only exception is the new Jabba The Hutt crew card for which people are expecting an erata or FAQ because with the rules as written he only applies to his own ship.
>>
>>54101053
Some ships already have full stop moves if that's sort of what you're trying to do.
But seriously you're playing a dogfighting game on a 2D plane.
Just use the rules that exist and learn to not fly off the board.
>>
File: IMG_0797.jpg (36KB, 680x446px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0797.jpg
36KB, 680x446px
>>54116413
Because im convinced that they dont want hardball, they just dont know what the fuck to do. They see a situation and dont know what to do so they default to fight or flight. If they had the deathstar they wouldnt use it out of anger, but they would use it all the time, mostly because everytime they hit a difficult challenge, they would just say
>cant we just deathstar it?
>>
>>54116588
You dont play with tractors do you? Or center heavy rock placment?
>>
>>54115963
You only need/want one. The only thing good about the expansion itself is the ship. The aces are generally not worth bringing and none of the included upgrades are that good, except maybe R5-D8.

The Y wing is good (competitively speaking) for only one build, and that's stresshog (Gold squad pilot, R3-A2, BTL-A4 title, Twin Laser Turret)
>>
>>54101053
Just play by the rules and git gud.

>>54116694
>Tractors
desu, MOST metas aren't tractor heavy. They aren't the effective against people who know what they're doing.
>center heavy rock placement
Not uncommon, but you still have no less than range 2 on all sides of that asteroid field and a rock is a lot better to hit than a table edge.

It sounds like you've got a young meta (in that most of you are new to the game) and you haven't exactly gotten a handle on how to deal with certain situations yet. Keep playing and practicing before you start fucking with an overall decent ruleset.
>>
>>54117259
Horton is pretty solid with R2-D6 giving him expertise or VI. Very accurate and/or PS10 torps/TLT is good. Generic TLT caddies are fine, too. Some rebel swarms run golds w/ plasma, extras, and targeting astro as some extra beef/punch.
>>
>>54117540
Would you recommend getting more than one y wing expansion?
>>
>>54117638
I have 2 but I rarely use both. I don't play much rebel swarm desu so I may be biased. 1 is probably plenty unless you just really want to fly 2.
>>
>>54116413

>Garm Bel Iblis teaches dodgeball
>>
>>54117259
>>54117540
>>54117638
I am considering more than one because it's the only source of r2 astromech
>>
File: TalentTab.png (132KB, 1373x885px) Image search: [Google]
TalentTab.png
132KB, 1373x885px
>>54105372
>>54104170
>>54103597

If you guys want to use the app as is, here's a download to play with. I'm only done working on the Race tab, but feel free to take a look at the others (though they are missing a lot).

This is my first time attempting to code a UI, so I know there's a lot of work to be done there.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/r2ba9nd48xdbo/Star_Wars_RPG_Database
>>
>>54117740
I'm new to the game but I've never seen a rebel swarm before, are they even viable?

>>54120542
Is the r2 astromech that good?
>>
Disregard Meta

Quick questions:

1) I'm trying to build a list for fun of Poe Dameron/Red Ace/Blue Ace; anyone got any ideas? My ideas keep running to 101 pts

2) Does anyone think that Bossk would make a good Z-95 pilot, independent of the Hound's Tooth title? I asked this like a month or two ago but I want to gauge interest again
>>
>>54120677
Yup, there's even a bunch of variants.

You've got the Blair Bunke type swarms:

2x Ys w/ targeting astro, plasma torps, extras
4x Zs, 2 of which have tracers

A swarms:

Adapt/Crack/Autos, Crack/Snap, Juke/Snap As either x5 or mixed in with stuff like Ops Specialist Zeb, Rex, Swarm Leader Jess, Biggs, etc

Junkyard Dogs/Fair Ship Rebels/Gerry's Kids

Biggs, Rex, and some combination of Jess, Braylen, Thane, stresshog, Wes, and soon the autism cruiser.

And it's not as popular nowadays, but 4BZ or BBXXZ can still do work.
>>
>>54120542
It's not often you'll want to run more than one thing that wants R2 astromechs though, Y-wings definitely want them but most people only run a single Y with R3-A2 and pretty much everything else either has sufficient greens, doesn't generate enough stress to need better greens, or really prefers more specialized astros. I guess if you wanted to run 4 T-65s or 4 T-70s with integrated astro then R2s are probably the best astros for that though but I don't think that's worth buying four Y-wings to do.

>>54120677
People used to run a list of 2X, 2B and a Z-95 but I've tried that a few times recently, as well as that with the Z swapped out for a rebel TIE, and I don't think it matches up well against anything that's popular these days. Shit just dies too fast, even B-wings get shredded like paper by most lists these days.
>>
>>54114082
>implying the empire is evil motherfuckers and needs a vendetta

It's a little funny, honestly. When Empirefags show up a few people are quick to say "b-but the empire kills people!!" when nearly every cringe story or tale of murderhobos is people being edgelord murderhobos AGAINST the Empire.
>>
File: swi46_plastic.png (439KB, 700x374px) Image search: [Google]
swi46_plastic.png
439KB, 700x374px
I'm excited for the Heart of the Empire expansion lads. I want those riot cop stormtroopers. I want to beat the rebel characters senseless with batons and shout "STOP RESISTING" at their respective players.
>>
>>54121316
I want walkers that aren't garbage
>>
>>54115462
>missing pages
How does that even happen?
>>
>>54121502
I want more diversity in figures period. I welcome any expansion that gives me ability to have new shit.
>>
>>54112441
>>54122191
>>54115462

I uploaded a very early of my app here
>>54120558

It's not a scan of Disciples, but it at least contains the Race and Spec info from Disciples.
>>
How much would it cost to hire a mercenary frigate to patrol a system on a weekly/monthly basis? I need it for an EoTE game
>>
File: STOP RESISTING.png (19KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
STOP RESISTING.png
19KB, 200x200px
>>54121316
>>
>>54124710
Extremely dependant on the crew size, but about a million a month for a neb-B
>>
>>54120558
I'll give it a look in the moment, but what I like from the screenshots is the nice, clean UI.
>>
Any advice on how to fly the Firespray and what are good teammates to put with it (scum version, not imperials)?
>>
>>54126597

Get the H-6 when it comes out. Fly Emon and your pick of Havoc pilot, become the bombs.
>>
>>54126597
I played a Kath and Dengar list, mostly because I'd flown Kath/Boba in a tourney and I liked her

I felt like it worked pretty well, you basically entrap people in the back arc of Kath and front arc of Dengar.

>>54126607
I'm definitely going to try an Emon list when the bomber comes out. Looking forward to it.
>>
>>54126673
Do you remember what your Kath/Dengar list was?
>>
How many tie fighters is considered "enough". I'm not planning on ever going full swarm but Miniature Market has the original tie fighter on clearance for $8.50. I already have three fighters but would you pick up a few more if you were in my shoes?
>>
>>54127091
It was roughly: Kath w/Tail gunner, ion bomb, Vet instincts and maybe some other stuff

Dengar was just a standard title, K4, Unhinged astromech build. I went with A Score to Settle to try to capitalize on his ability.
>>
>>54127290

I dunno man, there's something very special about showing up to an Epic game with two full TIE squadrons.
>>
>>54127290
If you ever play some campaigns like Hotac or some Epic games, extra tie fighters are handy to have around and looks really cool. I think five or six total will do you well for regular games, also consider if you want to play with pure vanilla ties or mix them with /FO's.
>>
>>54127290
Well 7 is full swarm, and if you have the old starter set and you ever pick up a Gozanti you're already most of the way there so I guess two or three of the old single pack is all you'd ever need.
>>
What makes the tie/sf so special? I've been look at the x wing meta link >>54101604 posted the sf is rated extremely high
>>
>>54127793
>3 Hull 3 Shield, great pilot abilties
>tech and system slots

It's a strong ship with a good choice of upgrades
>>
>>54127793
It's just a super solid ship. Good enough durability with Light Weight Frame, good damage with the named pilots, mobility isn't complete ass like a shuttle.
>>
>>54127793

Take a TIE Defender, one of the other top tier imperial ships which is a 3/3/3/3 with a white K-turn and all other kinds of shit - which can double tap with some cannons or get free evades and cheaper and has good pilots.

Now, keep that durability, sacrifice some of that maneuverability and on paper reduce down that ATK and AGI. Then immediately give them back for still cheaper than Defenders in most situations, they keep their full upgrade bar and they have an aux arc AND they have a PS9 native. Who has a great ability to tap more.
>>
>>54127793
It's an Imperial take on a brawly jouster like the T-70.

Just goes to show that the Empire does design better than both kinds of scum.

Thanks Sienar!
>>
File: star wars rekt.webm (866KB, 1280x546px) Image search: [Google]
star wars rekt.webm
866KB, 1280x546px
>>
>>54096464
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/6/27/genesys/

Is anyone else hyped?
>>
>>54130577
>compatible with any setting
Cautiously optimistic. Fingers crossed for an eventual homebrew adaptation of Rogue Trader/Dark Heresy/etc., if FFG has forever lost the 40k RPG license. And maybe a STALKER/Metro-flavored homebrew.
>>
>>54130577
Could be pretty cool actually, will check it out and see how well it goes into adapting stuff like-
>>54130788
>Rogue Trader/Dark Heresy/etc
-into something a bit more accessible. I actually don't think it would be too hard to factor in some parts of those systems as talents/skills.
Mind you I ran DH, RT and OW for a very, very long time and 40k can be a bit 'bleak' on the old brain, so star wars was a nice, fluffy change of pace.
>>
>>54130400
And that's why Niman is a waste of fucking time. If you wanna be a consular and not practice much, just get the basics of Soresu down and then at least you won't get shot up by hacks with blasters.
>>
Thinking of bringing this list to a tournament next week. Opinions appreciated.

"Quickdraw" - A score to settle, FCS, Lightweight Frame, Special Forces Training

Vessery - x7, Crackshot

Ryad - x7, Crackshot

100pts
>>
>>54131503

I'm not sure about that Quickdraw build, but I accept that you don't have a lot of points to work with here. I'd probably go Trick Shot over Score simply because AS2S works both ways. Or Adaptability if you want make sure you have initiative.

You can't really ditch FCS because of Vessery I guess.

I worked out a pretty hilarious combo involving quickdraw that was this:

"Whisper" — TIE Phantom 32
Veteran Instincts 1
Fire-Control System 2
Inspiring Recruit 1
Advanced Cloaking Device 4
Ship Total: 40

"Quickdraw" — TIE/sf Fighter 29
Rage 1
Electronic Baffle 1
Lightweight Frame 2
Special Ops Training 0
Ship Total: 33

You have 27 points left to fit into something (Tomax with Crackshot and upcoming Unguideds might work) and the combo idea is this:

>Quickdraw Rages
>Quickdraw Baffles
>Inspiring Recruits on Whisper remove a second stress
>Quickdraw loses a shield
>Quickdraw Shoots with 3 rerolls and a Focus Token
>Quickdraw shoots again still with rerolls
>Whisper shoots as well

It's got good early alpha but it's a complicated combo that wont work more than once really.
>>
>>54131551
I was thinking of going the standard triple x/7 crackshot at first but Quickdraw just seems all round better then a Glaive for the same points. It has more firepower and much better pilot skill while sacrificing some survivability (which he turns into offensive power anyway) and a slower dial. Lack of a white k'turn doesn't seem that problematic when you have a back arc.
>>
>>54131577

Makes sense. I still think Adaptability would be a better choice over AS2S though. I thought I had a good combo with Backdraft and Accuracy Corrector, but apparently it doesn't work that way.
>>
>>54131694
I might put in Adaptability after all. It seems aces are making a comeback and getting that additional PS might be helpful.
>>
>>54131736

Plus I know people are running that unholy Dengaroo-Parattani hybrid list so you need to watch out for that too.
>>
File: 1455676192750.png (443KB, 475x599px) Image search: [Google]
1455676192750.png
443KB, 475x599px
>>54131170
Don't blame the style, blame the Jedi. Exar Kun showed that it's entirely possible to git gud with Niman if you aren't a lazy, complacent prequel OJO bitch.
>>
>>54131503
I really need to pick up a tie sf to play around with
>>
Who are some good teammates for Dash Render?
>>
>>54133229
Most definitely. I avoided them at first because they seemed too gimmicky but since Lightweight Frame came out they have been doing work.

>>54133238
Before, I would have said Miranda or Corran. Since Kylo Ren came out Corran is not worth taking anymore because he gets hard countered by him completely. Miranda is amazing as ever though.
>>
>>54133238
Miranda Doni is the obvious one.
I've run Corran successfully a lot
>>54133265
>Corran is not worth taking
Kylo still isn't that common. Unless you expect Kylo to show up, Corran is still a solid option
>>
>>54133265
>>54133276
What makes kylo so good against corran?
>>
>>54133276
>Unless you expect Kylo to show up, Corran is still a solid option

Oh, I agree. The thing is that Miranda doesn't run the risk of getting countered while being amazing.

>>54133291
Because Kylo's ability effectively bypasses shields negating Corran's regeneration and killing him in two unevaded crit results.
>>
>>54131551
Though you'd lose 1 PS, could you replace Whisper for Echo w/ VI for those janky barrel rolls?
>>
>>54133229
Do it! SFs are fun to fly, crazy efficient, and I think Quickdraw is secretly broken as fuck.

>>54133238
Miranda is the current standard. She covers Dash's weaknesses while being a pain in the ass of her own accord. The rebel regen aces: Corran and Poe are also solid wingmen. Some folks like throwing a VCX out as a big blocker with a ton of HP. I'm currently messing with Ahsoka and another pocket ship, to give Dash that sweet start of combat roll/boost.
>>
Spacebump
>>
>>54132140
Exar Kun devoted his whole self to saber practice. A consular just wants to be good enough not to die in a tactical situation, because they're busy learning about the force and doing diplomacy and shit. That's why so many of them do Niman, even though Soresu would be better because the vast majority of tactical situations involve blasters.
>>
Man, fuck Fey'lya
>>
For all the armadafags out there
>>
>>54136318
Aren't those the cannons from the Lucrehulk class?
>>
File: Trade_Federation_turbolasers.png (2MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Trade_Federation_turbolasers.png
2MB, 1920x816px
>>54136667
Pic for reference
>>
>>54136667
>>54136721
No
>>
are there any halfway decent slugthrower weapons or other kinetic weapons? I like the idea of having a kinetic weapon but they more or less just seem inferior to blasters in every way.
>>
>>54135306
I think Soresu is supposed to take more time to learn than Niman, which every time I hear about it is described as being super easy to use. I feel like Niman is perfectly viable against say a couple of thugs with blasters or a normal combat situation rather than say being shot at by someone who's supposed to be a fantastic bounty hunter (and theoretically knows how to shoot in ways that are harder to reflect)

That being said this comes down a bit to lazyness, as like you said Soresu would probably be better just also harder.

Then again isn't Soresu supposed to be kind of shitty at actually winning fights unless you're fantastic at it?

Side note that guy was super dead anyway because he was within 5ft of Dooku
>>
>>54138835

They can get through a lot of weapon scans since they have no power signature whatsoever, being purely mechanical.

Plus, i mean, compared to the glowing obvious trail of a blaster weapon, a slugthrower is downright stealthy.
>>
>>54138928
>slugthrower
>stealthy
about as stealthy as a musket
>>
>>54138994

Blaster : loud, bright flash, visible glowing slow moving bolt of energy
Slugthrower : loud, bright flash

Which one is more likely to give you away if youre trying to hide where you're firing from.
>>
>>54139057
Slugthrowers are louder for one, also they put up a big cloud of smoke.
>>
>>54139057
Not him but I imagine a slugthrower makes about as much noise as a real world firearm, which are really goddamned loud and can be heard for some distance, vs say a blaster which while it makes some noise does not seem nearly as loud. Like yeah if there's streams of visible light flying from a sniper perch up there of course the blaster is less stealthy but if you're gunning down 4 guys in a cantina with the empire standing outside I feel like the blasters are the stealthier option.
>>
>>54139079

Considering that in real life we can do things to minimise those issues, Im pretty fucking sure someone could work out how to do it in star wars.

The same cannot be said for making a blaster bolt invisible.
>>
>>54139100

Sure - guy was asking for ways that slugs might be useful.

As a general use weapon? Yeah, a blaster wil be most useful.
Theyr'e powerful, the ammo is everywhere, maintenence is everywhere.

But slugs do have their uses - being harder to pinpoint a shooter's location if set up right, and being able to get through most weapon scans which search for power signatures.

They're niche uses, but they're still uses.

I swear I remember reading once that 'slugthrower' was just any weapon that used solid projectiles - so something like a gas-powered speargun would also technically count as a slugthrower?
I cant remember where I read that though, it was a looong while back.
If that's the case, then yeah slugthrowers would become fantastic sneak-in-and-murder-a-motherfucker weapons.
>>
>>54138835
You can suppress a slug gun, but not a blaster.
Plus they'd be much better for really extended range shooting, but that's really niche
Also, the shock effect of a machinegun in close quarters against low-tech enemies or even just people used to blasters is not to be underestimated
>>
>>54139079
>also they put up a big cloud of smoke.
Are you here from 1870 m8?
>>
>>54139103
There actually was a way to do that in Legends, though it required different gasses and was incredibly inefficient compared to regular blasters.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nightstinger_sporting_blaster_rifle

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DC-19_%22Stealth%22_carbine
>>
>>54139590
They never invented smokeless powder in Star Wars.
Outside of oddballs like >>54139609 which used non-standard propellant
>>
File: 1497915465338.png (224KB, 760x572px) Image search: [Google]
1497915465338.png
224KB, 760x572px
>>54139621
>They never invented smokeless powder in Star Wars.
>>
>>54138835
They fill entirely niche roles
They're for when you want to be really quiet, really loud, have a shotgun that doesn't suck, shoot from a mile out, have a space MK 19, kill animals without damaging the hides much, kill small animals that you actually want to eat, fill shells with acid or napalm or rice krispies, sneak past blaster detectors. Shit like that, but they're objectively not as good as blasters for a general-service weapon
>>
>>54139079
>Slugthrowers are louder
Buy a suppressor. Or, failing that, improvise one. Who's going to stop you? The space ATF?
>>
File: d6adventureImg.png (580KB, 482x624px) Image search: [Google]
d6adventureImg.png
580KB, 482x624px
>>54130577
I like the narrative dice system, so mite b cool.

Also reminds me of WEG's d6 generic system
>>
File: Dressellian.jpg (80KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dressellian.jpg
80KB, 400x400px
>>54140455
found the Dresselian
>>
Alright. I'm 1/3 of the way through Thrawn and really digging it so far.
Pryce's stuff seems sort of unimportant to the actual plot (I'm assuming she gets pulled into Thrawn's fold toward the end).
I'm thinking about doing a book review series on my channel if that's at all interesting to anyone.
>>
>>54141752
I should also note that some chapters thusfar are fucking awesome and others are just a chore.
>>
>>54141752
>>54141782

I'd like to see another fa/tg/uy's opinion of it. I've read a lot of EU work and of course Thrawn, and all I hear is of how amazing it is, how it's the best EU story, etc.

I'll give it that it's well written and doesn't come off as an early internet fanfiction like so many other EU stories do. I like the idea of a *gasp* competent Empire and morally ambiguous themes and characters. I like the concept of Thrawn. However, the story itself I've never liked.

Thrawn himself gets very old after a while. He's a one-note character in my opinion. A lot of chapters are a slog to get through for a variety of reasons pertaining to each. And for all his buildup, Thrawn dies in perhaps the lamest and most contrived way possible. It's about as much of a deus ex machina as the eagles over Mount Doom.

Thrawn's arc, and all literature assorted, has always struck me as underwhelming and overrated.
>>
>>54141986
Agreed on all counts
It's very much:
>two characters, one of which is Thrawn discuss a concept/strategy
>adversity happens
>Thrawn uses the strategy/concept to circumvent the adversity and come out in a better situation than before

It gets a touch old.
It's got too much "losing was part of the plan".
>>
>>54141986
Are you talking about the newcanon thrawn book or the OG thrawn trilogy?
>>
>>54142253
OG. I don't read newcanon.
>>
>>54141752
I listened to it on audiobook and loved it but Pryce got on my nerves real fast, I don't want to spoil anything for you though. I'd be interested in a book review though are you the anon with the x wing channel?"
>>
File: swm26-27_titleimage.png (471KB, 700x424px) Image search: [Google]
swm26-27_titleimage.png
471KB, 700x424px
Who else has the countdown clock going for these two?
>>
>>54139079
>also they put up a big cloud of smoke
They haven't done that since before WW1. In a time where laser guns exist, I'm sure they have smokeless powder. If I'm not mistaken, Jango Fett shot that changeling chick in that one prequel movie with a dart gun that used powder as a propellant. It sounded like a high-powered rifle shot.
>>
>>54096464
Is there a success calculator or chart for the FFG RPG?

I'm curious on how some numbers play out, like is 3 green as good as 1 green 1 yellow, etc.
>>
>>54143323

3 green is better
afaik, more dice is always better.

going from green to yellows increases chance of success less than 7%. the big bonus is getting triumphs
adding a boost is better than upgrading
>>
>>54096464
Is FFG still releasing new RPG content?
>>
>>54143944

Yes, am patiently waiting for the shipbuilder spec coming in the new Engineers book.
>>
>>54142496
>are you the anon with the x wing channel?
yes. About to hit 100 subs at the moment.
>>54143944
Yeah. The Jedi Consular book just came out with an engineer book on the way.
>>
How much does Miranda need Sabine Wren? I'm wanting to go to a tournament next weekend but I haven't had a chance to get Sabine yet. Is Miranda still usable or should I try and go with something else?
>>
>>54144216
>yes. About to hit 100 subs at the moment.
Can you remind me what your channel is called? I wanna sub to you
>>
File: swm08_main.png (123KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
swm08_main.png
123KB, 300x300px
>>54142888
I'm more looking forward to when the Tie and Rebel Squadron I boxes are back in stock. As long as they are taking, I may stock up
>>
>>54144890
Sabine's pretty necessary to get reliable damage out of bombs, but you could also build Miranda with an alpha-strike of Homing Missiles and Rey (or LRS if you're strapped for points).
>>
FFG site says Guns for Hire is "At the Printer"

How long does it usually take for an expansion to be "At the Printer" to make it to stores?
>>
Hey /swg/

My local store is running a tournament soon and I'm thinking about running a Fat Han list with an ARC-170.

Han is outfitted like this
YT-1300: · Han Solo (46)
Predator (3)
Engine Upgrade (4)
· Luke Skywalker (7)
· C-3PO (3)
· Millennium Falcon (Evade) (1)

My dilemma is which ARC to use. Previously, I had Thane Kyrell outfitted like this:
ARC-170: · Thane Kyrell (26)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
· BB-8 (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

However I'm reconsidering the low PS and that he usually never gets to shoot off his torpedoes (he either doesn't need to or dies before he can). I'm considering replacing him with Norra Wexley outfitted with something like this:

ARC-170: · Norra Wexley (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
· BB-8 (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Alliance Overhaul (0)

I'm thinking about switching BB-8 for Rey crew so I can save a focus token for when I want to use Norra's pilot ability

Any suggestions, /swg/? Any comments will be appreciated as well
>>
>>54145311
Come back and let us know how you're holding up in...hmm... I'd say about 5-6 months.
>>
>>54145527
I would do PTL on Norra instead of VI and EI, the mobility you have with BB-8 means you really don't need the boost as well and getting both the target lock and the focus for the ability while still clearing having no stress thanks to BB-8's order of operations shenanigans allows for really good consistent damage output.
>>
>>54145311

Judging by previous years, FFG will put out a limited run of an upcoming release out at Gencon (Mid August) with a full release end of September. I'd be betting on Guns for Hire being there this year.

The C-ROC and Wave 11 have been out way more on time than anyone ever expected so it sounds like they're getting on top of their distribution issues.
>>
>>54146384

Yeah, my bets for Gencon is Guns For Hire in limited amounts and previews for Wave 12 and/or whatever wave Armada is upto.
>>
>>54147619

Honestly I wouldn't cry if all we saw announced at Gencon was another Wave 11.5 release (Either a third rebel epic, or a rebel aces box). We've had a lot of waves really quickly and could do to slow it down a little.
>>
>>54144903
Here's a link
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-06BKhTh1BoPOQHpKuEqHA?view_as=subscriber
>>
>>54148672

Nah, we'll have a 12 and then a 12.5 to coincide with EP8
>>
>>54146384
>>54147619
>>54148672
>>54149256

Thanks guys

Damn, was kind of hoping for earlier, but hey, that's the way it is.

I'm interested in whatever else they might reveal at Gencon
>>
>>54145746
Doing it this way will make Norra a PS7 rather than a PS9; will this be alright?

Also I save a net of two points without Engine upgrade if I use PTL. Should I spend that on a Tail Gunner or something else?
>>
Tonight is my local store's starwars night. I dont know if i want to run ties or Han and xwings... Or just see if anyone will play armada, though the group for that is low.
>>
>>54146384

any new on Ghosts of Dathomir?
>>
>>54148672

Scum Epic II will probably be announced before a third round of ships.
>>
>>54151371

I see a third Rebel epic happening first, and there's three reasons there.

>Reason 1 - The Hammerhead Cruiser is a ship seeing a lot of screen time between Rebels and Rogue One, in perfect scale for X-Wing that provides an interesting new mechanical take on Epic ships (An emphasis on ramming) and also an opportunity to include crew cards for many overlooked characters (Ahsoka Tano, Commander Jun Sato, K-2SO. There's no appropriate nucanon Scum ship that ticks those boxes, and the most likely oldcanon epic was the Star Jewel, but what's the point of releasing Jabba's Flagship when you've already released Jabba?

>Reason 2 - Rebels need more love than Scum right now and FFG knows it. The last Aces pack we got was Scum, the last Epic ship was Scum. The Aces pack before that was Empire, same with the previous Epic ship.

>Reason 3 - Barring a Scarif Veterans pack, it's a good avenue to release pilot cards for the X-Wing and (More importantly, considering there are only 4 rebel pilots currently and none have EPT slots), the Y-Wing, along with some upgrade love for some classic ships that are looking a little dated in today's meta.

I would be very surprised if the next Epic release we see isn't a Hammerhead Corvette packaged with a Y-Wing.
>>
>>54151566

Yeah, but both factions previously had both their epics announced and released before moving on to the next, with the releases coming in the same year even (though with the Raider that seems to be because of a large delay).

So, do not be surprised.
>>
>>54151712

Sure but what ship even is there to release as an Epic. They're not going to delve deep into oldcanon and put out something like the Action IV Transport. Jabba's Star Jewel has been basically invalidated. There's nothing good in nucanon.

It seems more likely that we'll see a second Scum Epic when the Han Solo prequel rolls round to give us an actual ship to produce.
>>
>>54151566
>Rebels need more love than Scum right now and FFG knows it.

Yeah, but does FFG and their Scum bias even care?
>>
>>54149405

Wave 11 next week from the looks of things though anon. Personally, I'm not sure what sort of effect this will have on meta other than causing rebels to double down on the Bomb Meta.

Will the Wookie Gunship get used? I dunno, reinforce helps it against the TLT's that killed the B-Wing, but it wont against High Alpha lists that are also popular right now. I can see it being like the TIE Striker, never getting used outside of the one pilot.
The Scurgg is obviously going to get used, Nym and Sol's abilities along with Cad Bane bring the Bomb Game to Scum, will we see people eschewing Mindlink and Dengar for it? Eh, maybe? Dengym or Dengsol might be a thing, although it'd mean going back to pre Mindlink Dengar builds, or squeezing in an Inaldra Mindlink somewhere.

For me the wildcard this wave is the Agressor. Will Imps decide to bring their own TLT game to play? Unguided Rockets and Intensity are also good cards. For me the question is will UR's and Minefield Mappers cause us to see Punishers getting play?

What do you guys think?
>>
Playing a cyber-punky-ass rodian lady with heavy emphasis on heavy weapons and a skimboard in swrpg (revised).A hoverboard heavy, if you will.
Its Old Republic era. I know almost nothing about Stair Wares. What can I do (other than changing systems, would if I fucking could) to make this character even more fucking radical?

Have Soldier 1/Techy 4, was planning to go back to soldier for 2 levels and then go bounty hunter because it fits rodians and will make critfishing so much sweeter once I mod and feat my way to getting a 17-20 threat range.
>>
>>54152232

>THE WAS A RECENT MAJOR NERF AND REBELS WERE UNTOUCHED WHILE THE OTHER FACTIONS GOT HOSED BOO HOO HOO
>THE LATEST WAVE FAVOURS REBELS UNBELIEVABLY BY LETTING BIGGS EFFECTIVELY GET REINFORCE VIA LOWHHRICK AND ALSO GIVING THEM A NEW BOMB ACE IN THE SCUM PACK BOO HOO HOO

JumpMasters are too good. Get fucking over it. They're gonna be nerfed at it turns out almost every other ship that Scum has (Fenn Rau and Asajj Ventress are literally the only exceptions) is awful.

Take away the Jumpmaster and Mindlink is the only thing letting Scum even come close to the playing field because it makes all their awful shit like the G1-A, Scyk, Kihraxz and StarViper (Even post-nerf for anyone not named Guri) actually playable.

You take out the OP shit, and all mindlink is doing is bringing garbage up to the surface.
>>
>>54152331

Wookiee Gunship is gonna get used for dumb combo shit where Biggs never dies ever.

Nym/Miranda is a meme list but it's gonna turn out that 3x Deadeye Scurrg is the new Scouts and way more efficient than doing dumb bomb stuff.

This is mostly because both lists are good but two bomb aces dies hard to 3x30HP Alpha Strike Scurrg Deadeye nonsense, so one comes out on top.

4x TLT Aggressor is worse than Thug Life but it might be a good 1-of in 3-4 ship Imperial builds that are more popular of late.

Punishers are still awful.
>>
>>54152679

>what can I do to make this character even more fucking radical?

Sound system.
Better yet, a sound system which can double as some kind of acoustic weapon, a-la the Geonosians in Episode 2 or something.

Also Holoprojectors so you can do flashy shit to look cool but also to project shit to distract enemies.

Also, so many flashbangs.
>>
>>54153116
oh hell yeah, thanks anon.
>>
What's a good place to start for armada? It seems like an awesome way to scratch a sort of military/naval strategy itch I've had for a while, but I don't wanna buy a bunch of expansions that would work poorly together. I've been eyeing the starter set, liberty expansion and imperial star destroyer expansion to start off, but what's are some good general purpose sets to pursue? I know there's these hero sets too, with unique units and ships like the falcon and moldy crow, I'm looking for more just mass fleet battles though, nothing like that.
>>
>>54153037

>3x Deadeye Scurrg is the new Scouts and way more efficient than doing dumb bomb stuff.

I dunno, the Jump's dial is WAY better than the Scurrg's which is basically a Y-Wings with T-Rolls. I feel a lot of what makes Jumpmasters as good as they are is that they've got a completely bonkers dial when it comes to green, plus a goddamn white SLoop.

Experimenting on the list builders reveal a Dengar - Sol - Inaldra combo is possible, but you run very short on points.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!255:214,135,-1,-1,-1,237,-1:53:-1:U.-1,u.117;247:176:50:-1:;171:176,-1,-1,61,182,-1:29:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=
>>
>>54156122
Don't forget that Jumpmasters also get easy double mods for their torps with R4s, Scurrg doesn't get any way to do that. I guess their chips give crits instead of hits though so maybe that's something but I don't think running them as missile/torp boats is going to be a big thing.
>>
How to make a bounty hunter story interesting?
>>
>>54156606

How would you go about making any of your characters interesting, pretty much.
>>
>>54156616
I'm trying to avoid a go here kill that, but if stray too far it's not a bounty hunter story but a story about a bounty hunter
>>
>>54156670

Make capture orders instead of kill - much more finesse involved, and maybe more in-character reason for only ever taking capture rather than kill.

And I mean, if you make their target someone who is incredibly hard to get to then you ahve to go full Ocean's Eleven but instead of stealing money and sneaking it out in bags, you're stealing the crime boss and sneaking him out in a bag.
>>
>>54156191
>>54156122
Krayts did the math on this-

New Scurrgs hit just as hard and consistently as scouts-
74% chance of getting 4 damage on each shot with a homing missile and chips
21% chance of 3.
5% chance of 2 or less.

This combines poorly with the fact that it's a homing missile (no evades) and the fact that with 3 attack, there is a crit in every single shot.

Even against the tankiest of aces, they will barrage and kill you quickly. With their tiny bases, they can go slow. If they somehow manage to get a lock and a focus on their homer, it's a 98% chance of getting 4 damage, and the most likely outcome is that 2 of those are crits.

The crits also means that they eat R4-D6 biggs in 2 shots now.

Lastly, they slow roll a lot better and can't be range-controlled as easily.

They are going to be Scouts but worse to play against- Harder to alpha one down, and aren't played upon by tanky aces. (in fact, they fuck aces badly)
>>
>>54156606
Make the bounty hunter interesting, make the bounties interesting, or both
A hunter who only goes after certain sorts of target is a classic way to do both
Like imagine a ex-imperial bounty hunter in the who only goes after other ex-inperials who are wanted for war crimes, because they're a disgrace to the uniform
>>
File: Gunsmith-cats_540.jpg (25KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Gunsmith-cats_540.jpg
25KB, 512x384px
>>54156670
Given the variety of jobs bounty hunters get in-universe, you could give the bounty hunter plenty of varied adventures. Escort, capture, sabotage, theft, corporate espionage, rescue, etc. could all work. Maybe the hunter has an interesting day job in case bounty hunting can't pay the bills by itself.
>>
I just started GMing FFG for my group. This is my first time GMing anything, I have minimal RPG experience but everyone else at the table is brand new to tabletop. We've gotten past the beginner game scenario now and we're looking to continue, but I was wondering about a few things:

1) The group looted a grenade launcher from a lieutenant during the beginner game. A couple also have 2 soak armor and I noticed the number for armor doesn't really go any higher than that. I understand the reason is to keep blaster resistance at realistic levels, but is there any way for me to give them a feeling of gear progression throughout the campaign? It feels like at this rate there isn't much room left before they're all maxed out with the best armor and weapon stats.

2) I've heard here that the size of minion groups can create a jump in power, for example a group of 6 minions is stronger than 2 groups of 3 even though it's the same number of minions in total. I figure I should try to keep the vast majority of my minion groups the same size to keep my players from feeling that they're suddenly too weak or strong. Is this a good idea? Maybe keep them at 3? 4?

3) When I'm creating npcs and enemies, which skills I should decide for them beforehand aside from weapons (like cool or discipline)? Is this a situation where I can just make up a number on the spot if my PCs suddenly decide they want to sneak past a guy?

4) The difference in durability between minions and rivals seems to be quite large. I don't think my PCs have noticed or are bothered by this yet, but I think they were thrown off balance during the tutorial scenario battle when one guy seemed to be a lot harder to kill for some reason compared to everyone else they were fighting (one of them tried to focus him first since he had the grenade launcher). Is it acceptable for me to create minions with an extra 2-3 hp from here on out or am I misunderstanding something in the gameplay or purpose of the game by doing this?
>>
>>54156191

Homing Missiles get easy double mods by being Homing Missiles.
>>
>>54145311
Given how fast they got out Wave 11, who knows. I'm wondering if their increased clout and resources because of the Asmodee merger are starting to make themselves felt.

>>54147619
I seriously doubt that copies of Guns for Hire will make it to Gencon. It's a month away, I think that's much too fast a turn around.

>>54156904
But their followup is horrible compared to Jumps, and since they are taking deadeye they are really vulnerable to ships with gunner/hotshot, Wes, Palob, etc. Hell even Carnor is going to give them a run for their money. Their greens also suck, and they can't shoot a missile off if they need to turn around, which is one of the huge things that Jumps can do.

And of course, we don't even know what their points cost is. You can assume 26, but we don't know for sure, which to me makes speculation worse. I doubt you'll see three after the first month, but one as a filler ship that your opponent can't completely ignore might be pretty good.
>>
Anyone have any tips for a new player? I'm playing EotE for the first time.
>>
>>54159140
Use the boost dice all the time.
>>
I feel ashamed and also kinda proud about how bad my GF beat me in out training game today.
We played at 60 points to help get her used to her new ships:

Biggs Darklighter [R2-D2, Integrated Astromech] (29)

Blue Squadron Pilot [Fire-Control System, Heavy Laser Cannon] (31)

VS

4-LOM [Trick Shot, Zuckuss, Inertial Dampeners, Mist Hunter, Tractor beam] (30)

Fenn Rau [Fearlessness, Concord Dawn Protector] (30)

Fenn Rau was far less of a threat than I anticipated, but her 4-LOM build was brutal on me when I kind of wrote it off.
>>
File: Camaz.png (142KB, 282x239px) Image search: [Google]
Camaz.png
142KB, 282x239px
https://pastebin.com/BtrBGT9s

r8 and/or h8
>>
>>54160463
>T-only biggs-65 and Useless-wing vs scum
>scum won
Gee, that was a surprise.
>>
File: Glove of darth vader.jpg (110KB, 663x953px) Image search: [Google]
Glove of darth vader.jpg
110KB, 663x953px
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/882482272623968256

The meme magic has grown too strong.
>>
>>54163699
Gooood. Gooooooood.

I'm feeling like some seafood now.
>>
File: 1484101992507.jpg (264KB, 1775x750px) Image search: [Google]
1484101992507.jpg
264KB, 1775x750px
>>54163699
You all know this will turn out true
DARK GREETINGS
>>
File: Grand Moff Muzzer.jpg (41KB, 355x391px) Image search: [Google]
Grand Moff Muzzer.jpg
41KB, 355x391px
>>54163754
>See food
>Eat food

He hasn't missed a meal yet
>>
>>54163699
I expect trioculus to return now.
>>
File: raithsienar.jpg (97KB, 357x482px) Image search: [Google]
raithsienar.jpg
97KB, 357x482px
>>54163699
How long until we can meme /swg/ "canon" into canon?
>>
>>54164074
I dunno, Raith as we know him might be canon already

I mean, look at the new TIE Variants we've gotten so far:
>TIE Striker
>TIE Reaper
>TIE/fo
>TIE/sf (TIE that can shoot backwards)
>TIE/v1 (Folding solar panels)
>Whatever the hell Kylo Ren flies in TLJ

Plus TIE/D Defender, TIE boarding craft, and TIE Lander all got recanonized.

I don't think the new Canon's done with TIE Variants yet so I think we can assume Raith is the same ol' Raith that we know and love
>>
File: tie hollander.png (195KB, 947x751px) Image search: [Google]
tie hollander.png
195KB, 947x751px
>>54165960
Not yet. NuSienar hasn't gone full retard yet.
>>
>>54109729
That is not dissimilar to what's happening in the campaign I'm playing in - both the Republic and the Empire are run by mostly rational people but there's been a lot of splitting to the point where factions like the Hutts (and the Aqualish, lel) have to be take seriously.
>>
>>54116200
I'm glad we're not getting that stuff but then the current local redshirt party are tactical operators operating tactical operations TIEs tactically in tactical operations and we play them as responsible, non-sociopathic fucking human beings.

(Well, four human beings. I play a Space Samoan.)

Your dudes sound like the sort of people who'd get one warning from Alliance higher ups, and if some Cassian Andor type motherfucker decides they're not sincere about getting their shit together they get murdered or if you're feeling generous a non-obvious suicide mission. And that's always a problem, as GM you can always drop an elephant on the PCs but no one really learns anything.
>>
>>54116681
Isn't that what everyone does? Everyone who gets command of the damn thing gets these glazed over eyes, mash their dick on the big red button and scream FIRE WHEN READY COMMANDER.
>>
>>54158631
Their followup is different than jumps, not really worse. 3 die primary means that range 1 is not a safe zone. They can talon roll, and one of the options is give one FCS and EM- shoot the homing missile with deadeye, get a TL, and then talon roll while you block/jam it in with the other 2.

With their pricing formula, we aren't waiting to see if it is 26 or 27, the question is if they cost 25 or 26 points.

The point is that on the initial joust, three of these fucks are much more brutal than jumpmasters. Empire aces can no longer squirrel their way out of this with Palp+token stacking, or range control.

And Hotshot/Gunner doesn't really work well against these, as they have just 1 agility (no gunner) Gunner will only trigger 36% of the time unless on a 2-die ship (Hey, Look, It's gunner manaroo i guess)

The Krayts aren't dumb, they ground out almost a hundred games with these things on vassal.

They buttrape almost all current meta lists, and only things designed specifically to counter them have a chance. This is shitty design, and this ship should have cost 5 points more for each version of it.
>>
>>54166542
>Space Samoan
>TIE pilot
Baron Fel, is that you?
>>
>>54142888
That light carrier or whatever it is really rubs me the wrong way for some reason. I like the idea of a flimsy light carrier but this just looks horrible to me.
>>
>>54156009
You can basically run any combination of ships and be reasonably effective. Check out the listbuilding section on the forums, people have had success with all sorts of silly things.

As a rule of thumb, if your goal is a competitive, on-meta, tournament-winning fleet: you want two threats, 5+ total ships (2-4 being flotillas), and a decent squadron screen. But you can win casual games and do pretty well in tournaments with lists outside that archetype easily, and various ridiculous lists (a list with one MC80, no squadrons, and CR90 spam came 4th at the EU championship) perform well in even super competitive tournaments.

The only things that are anything like "hero packs" are Rogues and Villains and the Correlian Conflict.

R&V is a box of 8 new squadrons (4 per side), each with generic and ace versions (like all other squadrons). The YT-2400, jumpmaster, YV-666, Scurrg, etc; with an ace for each (ex: the YT-1300 is a slow, tough escort, with Han Solo as an ace that gets super-rogue).

The Correlian Conflict is a campaign box. It includes new objectives valid in normal games; and new aces for the Squadrons 1 boxes, as well as unique non-ace fighters for a bit more squadron diversity (eg, an A-Wing that costs one point more, to trade one counter die for bomber; or an interceptor that trades counter 2 for snipe 4).

I'll reiterate that in a causal game you can throw most any combination of ships together and do reasonably well, so long as it's not, like... nothing but spamming the GR-75 variant that doesn't have guns.
>>
>>54166696
It looks like an upside-down pizza slice.
>>
>>54161517
Idk lad, pretty good but simple? I guess
>>
>>54142888
As a Rebel player, the Hammerhead seems shitty and overpriced.

Best part of this wave for me is the nerfs to Rhymer and Demolisher and Rieekan bombers. I haven't even really found a use for any of this wave's new cards in the fleets I'm tinkering with, let alone a use for the Hammerhead.
>>
>>54166640
Nope, but one of the other pilots is a Fel and probably like a twelfth cousin or something. We've grabbed some names assuming there are some families that have served for many generations. Local Army commander is a Stele for example.

Anyway, the space Samoan in question is Bea Bar-Ackus, technically able to throw people hella far, not that good at stripping space elevators to up-armor space vans, and so sexually repressed she doesn't even know her own preference.
>>
>>54166633
You see I look at that list and it just screams to me "God I hope my opponent didn't bring any sort of control." Because stress, TB, and ion are all going to rip it to pieces, as is token stripping which I pointed out and you ignored. Constantly losing one of your missile shots every turn unless you go after a ship that isn't the primary damage dealer is going to seriously put a cramp in the list.

All you really need is a list that can PS kill 10 HP above PS3. That really isn't that hard honestly, there's lots of things that can do it. A goddamn blackcrack swarm can do that.

>Gunner will only trigger 36% of the time unless on a 2-die ship

You can take a TL on the first ship you're going to shoot and then reroll any hits you get, and given the nature of the engagement it is probably a range 3 shot. Assuming it's RAC, you'll probably get a decent enough roll on the second shot.

>only things designed specifically to counter them have a chance

I've heard this song and dance about half a dozen times now. The only time it was ever really true was with torp scouts. Every other time what the vassal people came up with ended up being a flash in the pan that no one was playing 3 months later. I'll not gonna hold my breath.
>>
>>54167726
>You see I look at that list and it just screams to me "God I hope my opponent didn't bring any sort of control."

>Because stress, TB, and ion are all going to rip it to pieces

Not really. Stress control won't stop it from getting their torps off- nothing stops them from focusing on their initial engage.

TB could work, but good play and good rock placement can avoid that

Ion does fucking nothing to them. It doesn't stop them from getting their torps off.

Stress control won't do much, you can't stress them before their initial engage

>as is token stripping which I pointed out and you ignored.

Token stripping is only Wes and HSCP. HSCP, would need to be on a PS 4+ chassis with gunner as well, and there aren't many of those that are cheap. That's Decimators, YT-1300's, YV-666, Upsilon, Lambda, U-wing and VCX. None of these are ships that like the longer engage against these after they spend their torps aside from maybe the Deci and YT. Wes is only super useful on the initial engage. It's really tailory.

>Constantly losing one of your missile shots every turn unless you go after a ship that isn't the primary damage dealer is going to seriously put a cramp in the list.
The point is that they will alpha down whatever strips their tokens, or whatever is the biggest problem. I would not like to be flying Wes alongside biggs and some other shit, lest it was full Azituck cancer. If wes strips the token, biggs still dies to the other 2 torps. The next round they can kill Wes.

This all compounds that these fuckers have 10 HP- it's imperitive that you focus this down, and token stripping all 3 is the opposite. Even then, 3 dice primary can do damage.

cont in another post, ran out of space.
>>
>>54162261
Rebels are dependent on Aces who are too expensive to bring in a 60 point game. Things like Miranda or Corran are right out.
What's the alternative? Run a stresshog against someone who doesn't know exactly what they're doing?
>>
>>54168325
>All you really need is a list that can PS kill 10 HP above PS3. That really isn't that hard honestly, there's lots of things that can do it. A goddamn blackcrack swarm can do that.

Only the dallas swarm, many crack swarm variants cannot do that on their own. Then, the average expected return is that Howl and 1 other tie TIE.

in order to get that, you need to be running a 6 or 7 ship swarm. 4+ace can't pump out the damage needed, and neither can a Omega swarm.

Here's an example- A Dallas swarm can do it, barely. A TIE swarm with 3 black crack, 2 omega crack, and howl can't quite cut it. It needs howlrunner to do at least 1 damage, and that's not something that can be counted on.

The issue is that you need to be able to throw 11 red dice with howl support (without howl's own 2 dice being factored, you need to kill these things reliably)

So you have TIE Swarms doing it around 60% of the time at best.

Doing some more math and assuming that Howlrunner is better than she is (being a perfect TL on 11 dice thrown in a dallas swarm) is an 85% chance to kill a scurrg. the issue is that for every time a double blank or worse (potential 3 blanks for zeta leader) appears on an attack, it's a extra 0.75 damage that is lost.

Doing the math with the 2x omegas is even worse, needing their results to be perfect.

Then, the return fire- Howlrunner and 1 other ship will die each time. That's a game in itself there- not a great matchup.

3 Black Squadron TIES and Zeta Leader versus 2 Scurrgs isn't an easy game for the empire player. If the Scurrg player controlled range well, the one with FCS/EM/other shit might be one of the two survivors.

So the TIE Swarm variant that throws the most dice has a chance- Shit like 5x Crack+Weapons Guidance omegas need to get some range 1 shots to be able to consistently do it.

That's not healthy for the game. The Scurrg should not have been priced this low. It's overpowered.
>>
>>54168631
Speaking of what are the best TIE/Imperial Swarms? Do you just have to use normal TIE's or do people use FO's or even Interceptors, SF, etc.?
Also what's the best way to get more crack shots? Is it cheap on EBay?
>>
File: 1493814643941.jpg (339KB, 1920x975px) Image search: [Google]
1493814643941.jpg
339KB, 1920x975px
>>54168631
You are assuming so much in your calculations I don't know where to begin. These guys don't have TLs. Over the course of a tournament they can and will mostly blank out on some of their HMs, and unlike torps they don't get a second shot. They're hardly an automatic kill against a TIE.

You're also basically assuming that your opponent runs straight into the teeth, which is really goddamn stupid.

> 4+ace can't pump out the damage needed

Actually you're wrong about that, either Vader with prockets or Maarek with a TB to pull them into range 1 would both work fine.

>It's overpowered.

Oh please, stop with the fucking melodrama. No one has actually played with the ships yet. I give literally zero fucks about vassal, it's its own game as far as I'm concerned.

You see, my point really is, 3 HMs at PS3 doesn't scare me. There are lots of jousty lists that can put out that kind of firepower, and we generally don't see them. Three PS4 Bs with HLC and FCS? Nada. These things are basically glorified B-wings, and the reason I brought up control is because 12 red dice is not going to win them a game straight up. They have to be able to follow through, and if they're stressed and or ioned they're not turning around. Palob (forget him, did you), with an ICT can solo one of those things once he gets behind them. They don't have turrets. If they're in a one on one scenario with anything of higher PS and reposition they're going to lose very hard. Fenn with two of these would probably scare me a lot more.

Look, I get it, you think this list is the bee's knees and it's going to utterly rape everything. Maybe you're right, but I doubt it. Take it from someone who has been playing since early wave 4, the pre-release theorycrafting is almost always wrong. FFS we don't even know what the points costs are of the damn ships you're doomsaying about, or the dial of the Aggressor, or what the new droid and cruise missiles do. Give it a goddamn week.
>>
>>54169572
Ok, so the classic TIE Swarm is

Howlrunner-18
3x Black Squadron(Crack Shot)-15

That leaves 37 points, which is most frequently upgrades for howlrunner and more ships.

This is either

- An Ace
- 2 Omega Squadrons with Crack Shot
- a support ship
- a mini-ace and 1 more Black Squadron with Crack Sot.
- 3 academies.

The Dallas Swarm is Crack Shot on Howlrunner, Zeta Leader with crackshot, and a 4th Black Squadron with crack.

I've seen an anon here run a swarm of 5 Omega Squadrons with Weapons Guidance and Crack shot.

TIE/SFs cost way too much to swarm- those ships are effectively 27 points since LWF and FCS are so good on them, and Sensor Cluster/PA are good, and they have a PS5 ept generic, so 31 with an empty EPT slot is the cheapest you see them go. Interceptors need a fix- only Soontir and Carnor are any good. It's probably worse off than the T-65.

Crack Shot is one of the most expensive cards on resale market- the cheapest ways to get them are

1. Print them out on a high-res printer and sleeve them together with some shitty EPT's

2. Buy Imperial veterans a bunch

3. buy a bunch of Kihraxz.

Also, note that the Q3 2017 store kit has an alt-art crackshot as a participation prize.
>>
Is SW: Destiny any good?
>>
>>54170254
It's a neat idea, but I personally can't get behind having to randomly draw a card, and then having to roll a die to determine what that card does.
Also FFG has stated that once they're done printing a set, they're never printing it again. SO if you don't have the good cards from the first set, I hope you enjoy paying out the nose for them on the secondary market.
>>
>>54170214
All noted; thanks!

What about Youngster or any of the other TIE unique pilots; which ones are preferred?
>>
>>54170333
Yeah, just noticed the insane pricing on rarer card+die. What do you think is the most noob friendly SW tabletop game? Trying to get my little bro and nephews in on the franchise.
>>
>>54170337
Dark Curse is an annoying ship to fly against. Backstabber is a decent flanker.

Scourge and Mauler make decent mini-aces.

Wampa is super fucking annoying to fly against, and if your opponent is Rebel Regen (corran especially) they are fucking terrified of him.

For TIE/FO pilots, they tend to be gimmicky except for Zeta Leader, who is a decent mini-ace, and Omega Leader(AKA Lockdown) who fucks everything.
>>
>>54170333
I think (hope) that FFG are planning a standard rotation like MtG so that doesn't happen.

It's more or less what's keeping me from playing it for now.

>>54170214
That last point is important. Tournament kit cards tank in value because so many flood the market.

>>54170401
Armada is very noob friendly if you can get over the initial buy-in. I'd recommend the RPGs, though, despite that not being what you're necessarily looking for.
>>
>>54170441
>I'd recommend the RPGs
I was looking at the Force and Destiny beginner pack as an option. I think they're capable of handling an RPG, with me GMing of course. Which would you say is the best starting point?
>>
File: math.png (41KB, 1012x868px) Image search: [Google]
math.png
41KB, 1012x868px
>>54170193
You seem to be missing the point- the issue is that these ships can do this crazy amount of damage on the first turn that dice are rolled.

This is why there is such a huge difference between current Scouts and old Deadeye scouts.

also, I'll include the math in an image- first is the raw damage output, the second is against a 3 die ship.

>Actually you're wrong about that, either Vader with prockets or Maarek with a TB to pull them into range 1 would both work fine.

That's another thing- you are likely going to be forced to engage them at range 3/2. If you are engaging them at range 1, you will be much more likely to win- zooming from outside of range 3 to range 1 is hard as shit if the other player is experienced.

Also, your math is wrong, Vader with Prockets has an expected damage output of 4.31, and the 3 ties with crack , means you will do 9.79 damage on average- you will kill one less than 50% of the time, assuming you somehow manage to flank with vader. Note, Prockets Vader means you have to run Adapt as his EPT, and howlrunner doesn't get Crack.

Tractor Steele is in a similar bucket, unless you can somehow out-range-control them.

>Oh please, stop with the fucking melodrama. No one has actually played with the ships yet. I give literally zero fucks about vassal, it's its own game as far as I'm concerned.

Most, if not all, of the top-tier players use vassal. There have been 100's of games played with and against this thing. It currently has an over 80% win rate online, and that's not something that can be dismissed.

>Three PS4 Bs with HLC and FCS? Nada
This totally misses the point. They can do this much damage on the first round of engagement, and don't have to choose their targets until they are ready to fire. on the first round, your expected damage is significantly lower. Then, if they do lock and, they are actually only do an expected 0.07 more damage per shot, and do drastically less crits.

con't later.
>>
>>54170193
>>54170659
the point is that they throw their 12 hyper accurate red dice into a list, 2 of them go in to block, and the one with FCS+EM talon rolls and gets ready to shoot again.

Palob (forget him, did you), with an ICT can solo one of those things once he gets behind them

Anything with an ICT can theoretically solo a small ship with 1 or less agility- no competent opponent will let you get behind them if they are the only ship left. Chances are if Palob is there, he's going to be forced to eat a Homer

They lose in 1v1 fights against control elements or double-repositioners, but the issue is that they choose what survives to go into an end game with them. If they see Soontir, they can kill him on the initial engage at rage 3 with 2 shots on average. They can similarly nuke most control turrets.

FFS we don't even know what the points costs are of the damn ships you're doomsaying about, or the dial of the Aggressor, or what the new droid and cruise missiles do

Aggressor is going to be somewhere between a TIE Fighter and a TIE Interceptor for dial. Unless it has a white or green Kturn, it's dial doesn't matter- it has to be compared to stuff like an Unhinged Y- Green hard turns is the baseline for this thing being good.

We know the generics are 26- the question is if FFG fucked up really bad and made them 25.

Cruise missiles are missiles that improve when either fired at or fired from ships going at high speed.

Droid can only make these things scarier.

You need to not be so dismissive- These things are incredibly similar to the Deadeye Scouts that eliminated an entire faction just a couple of months ago. The only change is that they have a different post-alpha gameplan, and that they can hard-counter the thing that came out to prey on Deadeye Scouts (Empire aces)

I'm really concerned about the game here.

Also, i'll bet money that the PS3 EPT scurrg is 26 points or less.
>>
>>54170542

They're all pretty basic really - it would mostly depend on what your bro and nephews are into.

Would they like to be Han Solo, smuggling? Luke Skywalker leading the Rebellion? Luke Skywalker rebuilding the Jedi?

Just get an idea of what sort of thing they think is coolest in star wars, and then go for the beginner game of that.
>>
>>54170852
>We know the generics are 26

How? Where did you get that info? No speculation please.
>>
>>54170860
Thanks for the insight anon. Appreciate it.
>>
>>54171117

I suppose it's worth adding that the Jedi stuff adds some more complexity with force powers, but beyond that it's all exactly the same, pretty much.

It's not an awful lot more complexity though.
>>
>>54130577

finally a way to play Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness without having to delve into the craptastic mess that is the Palladium system.
>>
>>54171033
Historically, EPT generics on ships that have 2 generic pilots cost 2 more points than their minimum-PS counterparts. Also, the rule of thumb is that each point of PS costs 1 point on generic pilots, never really more, although it sometimes costs less.

Sol Sixxa is PS 6 and costs 28 and has both an EPT and an ability. I will bet you money that it costs 26 or 25.

Please stop being snide and dismissive-the Scurrg is undercosted.
>>
>>54172037

Okay, how is the Scurrg actually undercosted? Where is the cost not being added?

A theoretical PS1 Lambda pilot would have the same stat line for 4 points less. This includes a permanent two crew and a system slot, and one secondary weapon option. It has no EPT of course, but early X-wing weirdness.

For +4 points you gain barrel roll (which costs 2 to add externally), you gain a real dial, and you gain some ordnance options, you have turret instead of cannon, but you have 1 less crew and have to trade it if you want access to Systems/Salvaged Astro which is only unique. Keeping in mind that the Lambda is still considered one of the most efficiently costed ships in the game. Depending on what you're doing small base vs large base has their own strengths and weaknesses.

What, you want to charge more points because it can use upgrade slots which costs points anyway? This thinking is why so many early X-wing ships are bad. Hell, it's why the Punisher is bad right now.
>>
>>54170193
Hi. I've been playing since wave I. The Scurrg is ridiculous. Thanks.
>>
Any advice on how to build and effective Quickdraw? What are some good ships to fly with it?
>>
>>54172553
Title, FCS, Lightweight Frame, your choice of EPT, and your choice of Pattern Analyzer or Sensor Cluster

Run her with other aces, run her with defenders, run her with Backdraft and Omega Leader.
>>
>>54172167
The lambda is not the best comparison. It's much more akin to a B-wing- the complete absolute level of shit that the Lambda dial is cannot be understated.

With title, it's 2 points for a B wing that has a significantly better dial, 2 more Hull, a scum droid slot, and an upgrade bar with much more slots for ordinance.

The 2 HP is fucking massive-only a few extreme lists can alpha that down.

Really though, it's the fact that it's a list that starts out alpha striking even harder than scouts, eats the counter for scouts, and after it is out of Torps, it turns into 3 b-wings. It's the fact that in terms of stats and dial, it blows most rebel ships out of the water. It's also one of the best (if not the best, slam wings might be better at bombing) ordinance carriers in the game.

The Scurrg will shit all over major tournaments in the next couple months. Store champs might still be good, since they have both new players and experienced players at them tend to bring meme lists.
>>
>>54172167
Also,- the lambda has good jousting efficiency, but it historically has never been actually good at it. It's not 'one of the best ships in the game'. It takes 3 turns to turn around, so it can't joust.

If someone brings a list with 2 or more lambdas, they are memeing. If the shuttle isn't support, palp, or doom, they are memeing.
>>
>>54158272
To your last point, minions should die like flies. In the movies, stormtroopers and droids die left and right, but actual officers or leaders (rivals) put up some semblance of a fight. It also helps the players enormously for their enemies to go through a death spiral where they get worse at their job as they get wounded.
>>
>>54158272
Gear is tricky, personally I keep that progression slow and find ways to parcel out stuff that the players really want. Gear other than weapons and armor is always good too. Increasingly better slicing gear is great for a hacker, or ship mods for the pilot, or drugs for the addict.

For npcs, stuff like coercion for gang members, or deception and perception for intelligence agents is good. Think about what their job would require them to be good at and give them what you think is appropriate. A back biting corp exec wouldn't have any combat skills, but would have coercion, deception, negotiation, charm, some kind of knowledge and resilience if he's a coke fiend.
>>
>>54172590
How does this look for a squad?

100 points Pilots ------
“Quickdraw” (38)
Special Forces TIE (29)
Push the Limit (3)
Fire-Control System (2)
Sensor Cluster (2)
Special Ops Training (0)
Lightweight Frame (2)

Countess Ryad (36)
TIE Defender (34)
Push the Limit (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
“Omega Leader” (26)
TIE/fo Fighter (21)
Comm Relay (3)
Juke (2)
>>
>>54175150
Quickdraw doesn't have the dial to support Push The Limit without Mk2 and Pattern Analyzer

Swap PTL to some other EPT.

My suggestion in a week would be to put on Comm Relay as your Tech and run Intensity- Now all three of your ships are terrifying to 1v1, or even 2v1 in a lategame matchup.

Another thing you could do is to put Snap Shot on, but that's better the lower your PS is.

You could put Crack Shot to play mind games with people, or just get that extra point of damage.

You could put on VI to really pressure high PS aces.

You could put on Adaptability and give OL a Stealth Device or a hull upgrade. .
>>
>>54175150
Quickdraw doesn't want push the limit with her dial. You'd be fine giving her adaptability and putting a hull upgrade on omega leader.
>>
File: Trioculus2.jpg (239KB, 700x1147px) Image search: [Google]
Trioculus2.jpg
239KB, 700x1147px
>>54164006
Well there's a season of Rebels left... and lets face it, Dave 'I will traumatise younglings' Filoni wouldn't shy away from having a 3 eyed sham artist running around.
Its not the silliest thing ever done in Rebs or Clone wars
>>
File: Trioculus-Front-Face.png (578KB, 484x744px) Image search: [Google]
Trioculus-Front-Face.png
578KB, 484x744px
>>54177333
>333

Trioculus confirmed!

Thoughts on this card for him?
Chumbalaya, how goes the card design?
>>
>>54177883
3/3 breddy gud.
>>
Are A-Wings any useful? I've been looking at Jake Farrell and trying to come up with a squad for him. What do you all think?
>>
>>54164006
I mean, Lumpy is already canon.
>>
>>54178671
They do a lot of tricksy shit and can deliver some dank prockets
a 2-dice main attack though leaves them
>>
>>54178877
*leaves them wanting fuck me
>>
How useful and pertinent is it to buy the original Millennium Falcon expansion? I have Heroes of the Resistance but should I go ahead and get the old Falcon too?

>>54178889
Well if you insist...
>>
>>54178952
Old falcon has better pilots and comes with some engine upgrades
>>
>>54178671
Jake is a good rebel arcdodger ace. Prockets, PTL, Autothrusters, your choice of second EPT. VI, Juke, Intensity, whatever.

Green Squadron pilots with Snap Shot are brutal.

>>54178952
Only if you want those upgrade cards- basically, it's not something that I would buy unless you already have 1 of everything else already.
>>
File: mayonnaise.png (452KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mayonnaise.png
452KB, 640x480px
Hey, I'm trying to find a rules clarification for my GM. So, if you were wearing a Personal Deflector Shield alongside Padded Armor, would you be able to have +2 Soak and 2 Defense?

I know that neither soak nor defense from different armors stack. However, most of the players/groups I've asked agree that you can get your soak and defense from different sources, using the higher of each category. I haven't been able to find an actual rule that says as much, though. Closest I've found is this one in the corebook's melee and ranged defense section:

>Multiple sources of defense do not stack. However,
>the character always uses the best defense rating
>available to him. If he possesses a defense rating of
>1 against all attacks, but a defense rating of 2 against
>melee attacks, he applies the defense 2 against all
>close combat attacks.

The first two sentences pretty clearly implies that you can stack soak-boosting armor with defense-boosting armor. But the latter half of the paragraph muddles it somewhat by making it possible it's only talking about melee vs ranged vs general defense.

Does anybody have something clearer I can show my GM? Something official; a rule, errata, an answer on rpg.net, whatever.
>>
>>54156718
>you're stealing the crime boss and sneaking him out in a bag

Or if you have a Verpine doc on speed-dial, several bags and a hard time limit.
>>
>>54181681

I like the way you think, buddy.
>>
>>54178952
It got Chewie, Luke, VI, Engine upgrade,classic title, 2 pilots that are better than HOTR (well, for me, at least), and, if i`m not mistaken, some neat mission tokens, so, yep, its a good expansion. Better than only-one pilot-and-some-debris yt-2400.
>>
>>54180104
I've never seen anything official about it. The question's been asked a few times on the FFG forums, and consensus seems to be that it's perfectly fine by RAW but it may or may not be intended/desirable.

Maybe they'll have a real answer by the time Genesys comes out.
>>
>>54177883
Needs more Dark Greetings.
>>
File: Intrepid_class_top_quarter_aft.jpg (51KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
Intrepid_class_top_quarter_aft.jpg
51KB, 694x530px
I want to give my players a mid to large science type vessel that can be crewed by 10-50 npc. Something similar to an intrepid class a la voyager from trek. What is the closest ship in the sw selection?
>>
>>54183659

You could just give them a modified CR70 corvette for it. Less powerful armaments, but same iconic design they can work with.
>>
>>54183795
Okay true. I was thinking something somewhat aesthetically pleasing as well. I was leaning towards an imperial light carrier or gozanti cruiser but they aren't really easy on the eyes imho
>>
>>54184082

Dont bully gozanti-chan.
Shitpost aside, yeah, it's kinda hard to say.

I personally love CR90s and Nebulons, and I think either would work as a repurposed science vessel. Gozanti would probably work too.

Hell, you could give them a GR75 with the cargo pods replaced with some kind of science 'pods'.

Kinda depends what they think is aesthetic as well, I guess.
>>
File: Cancer time.png (122KB, 206x275px) Image search: [Google]
Cancer time.png
122KB, 206x275px
>>54096464
Oh boy, everyone gets EPT generics except for Empire.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 2893x4092px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2893x4092px
>>54096464

Which system is the best for running Starfighter combat? My group's been thinking about running Rogue/Wraith Squadron-esque game for a little while now.
>>
>>54185106
probably D6
>>
>>54173643
I disagree. Minions should pose a threat or things become too easy and mundane. A squad of Stormtroopers, a section of Rebels, even a platoon of Battledroids should be threatening to the party within reason. They should never feel invincible and unstoppable, because the thrill of that wears out fast. Just look at D20/Saga. You could become unstoppable so fast that it becomes boring tedium to play. When you're stronger than Luke, Vader, and Palpatine combined, what else is there to do?
>>
>>54185106
If it's entirely based on starfighter combat, HotAC isn't a bad system for it.
>>
File: Fzd9sIn.png (469KB, 845x419px) Image search: [Google]
Fzd9sIn.png
469KB, 845x419px
>>54185052
You wanna know why? Because 4 Onyx Escorts with Deadeye, Cruise missiles, GC, and ABT at PS5 sounds like complete cancer to me. 20 dice on the joust, with reasonable turret followup, PS on every type of generic that aren't Defenders and Interceptors, and people were throwing fits about the 12 that the Scurgg was putting out.

Speaking of, this is why we don't take Vassal games as the holy grail when everything isn't spoiled. Because they're about to get run roughshod by cruise missile A-wings. Also a decent number of Imp aces just got access to fairly easy 5-dice attacks on the joust, which puts them back on the power curve we've been seeing. Thank god Quickdraw can only shoot her primary as her revenge shot.

TIE Aggressor dial is surprisingly good. Best dial for a turret upgrade ship in the game with native BR, it's essentially a Y-wing dial that losses the reds and gains green 2-banks.
>>
>>54187792
>>54185052

In case anybody doesn't know, Cruise Missiles are being reported as 3 pts, 1 ATK, Range 2-3. TL but don't spend - add red dice equal to the speed of the maneuver you performed this to a maximum of 4.

So that becomes a 5 die attack if you can pull a speed 4+ up on the enemy and you keep your TL for dice mods.
>>
>>54187792
>>54187900
it's only 20 dice on the joust if you go speed 4 straight ahead- that's something that can be played around much more easily.

You can also do that with Gamma Squadron Vets. 4 with Chips, EM, Deadeye. Cut one and replace it with Tomax carrying Tracers or something.
>>
>>54187900
>>54185052

Does anyone know what the unique R4 droid Nym gets is?
>>
>>54189366
One point. You can still perform bomb and torpedo actions even while stressed. Sack the droid to remove one stress. You'll probably want it on Sol but Nym himself will mostly be using drop bombs, so not as necessary.
>>
>>54187900
>>54187792
>run roughshod by cruise missile A-wings

Consider the Kithrax, since the Vaksai title is about to make Cruise Missiles + Scavenger Crane + Guidance Chimps + Munitions Failsafes 4 points. Although you probably wont neex the Failsafe, with a TL and Chimps.

What else has a Missile Slot and access to speed 4 maneouvers? Scyk, technically, Firesprays, and with the Slave 1 title you could take long range sensors and EM's with it, or a K3 security droid. Scurg has similar options, obviously. A party bus could do it as well but I don't think it would be optimal, and obviously a pair of headhunters looking for an opening hit, maybe packing a pair of Scavenger cranes, but I think that'd be too many points. 15pts for Binayre Pirates packing Cruisers and Chimps sounds like a nice round number.

And that's just scum. A-Wings and TIE Bombers benefit as well, as has the Aggressor and technically the TIE Advanced and oh thank god ATC is primary weapon only. Weirdly both the Falcon and Outrider could bring these to the party. Rey + Finn + Cruise missiles sounds... interesting.
>>
>>54188231

I think 4 Gamma Vets vs 3 Scurrgs is the real question here.

The Bombers have a much bigger alpha, but it's also far easier to predict and avoid as they need to be going 4-straight to make it happen.
>>
>>54189667

I'm actually thinking Bohdi Rok has a reason to exist now WTF.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v4!s!254:27,230,-1,-1,-1,237,-1:53:-1:U.36,u.117;64:241:-1:25:;64:241:-1:25:;235:-1,-1,208,217:47:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=
>>
Anybody got good rebel builds from this latest wave? I'm working on something like this:
Miranda Doni (48)
K-Wing (29), Twin Laser Turret (6), Extra Munitions (2), Sabine Wren (2), Bomblet Generator (3), Advanced SLAM (2), Conner Net (4)
>>
>>54191400
I'm also playing with combos of Sabine's crew upgrade and Minefield Mapper.

I can't decide if I want to mount it all on a generic B-wing for low cost, or mount it on the Ghost for a ship that's actually good without the gimmick.
>>
>>54189866
I had the same thought, though my idea was Bohdi with a smattering of procket A-wings and cruise missile A's and Z's. Spread shit out with the procket line in front, send them way up, then move the cruisers up behind them to get a little extra lock on range.
>>
New thread?
>>
Getting into armada, Why are imperial fighter packs so pricy? Also, saw a site with a preorder for them coming out this month, are they being re released or what? Seemed odd.
>>
>>54192872

Production run has mostly sold, new one is soon - hence the preorderd, and hence the exorbitant prices for the ones in the market still.
>>
>>54192872
because imperial fighter packs are out of production right now. Getting a reprint but they'll be a bit till they get there.
>>
>>54192933
>>54192938
Thanks, I wasn't looking forward to paying 80$+, even if interceptors are supposed to be really really good. Probably do the preorder then, if it's legit
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.