[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Story Time in D&D 5e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

>be me
>a Dragonborn Paladin with 18 strength
>A Friend playing a Halfling named "Wee man"
>There are a few others but not important to the story
>We were sent to a dock to find out about ships gone missing
>We desided to stake it out
>Some ship showed up and put most of the party to sleep
>But not Wee Man
>He runs to wake me up
>When he does we have the same idea
>I turn to the DM "I want to throw him"
>"You have to roll pretty far it is about 90 feet away"
>roll a 21 after modifiers
>I throw the man as hard as i can and he is flying at the ship
>The men on the ship see him
>he screams 'MY NAMES WEE MAN AND THIS IS JACKASS"
>does a perfect swan dive about 10 feet away from the ship
>>
>5e
Improvised weapons have a distance of 20 ft, 60 ft tops and with disadvantage, can't go beyond that.
>>
>>54092457
You're no fun.
>>
Is this storytiem about
>does a perfect swan dive about 10 feet away from the ship
or just the throwing? I'm not sure I get it. I bet there were laffs at the table though.
>>
>>54092466
>Roll nat20
>Halfling achieves escape velocity
>Hits sun
>Solar System implodes
Lol so random and fun, woah
>>
File: YI8Vhao.png (357KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
YI8Vhao.png
357KB, 640x480px
>>54092457
>>54092528

>5e
>Improvised weapons don't live, die, and live again by DM fiat

It is right there in the rules, DMs adjudicate everything for improvised weapons. You can be proficient in them without tavern brawler, they can deal more damage than a d4, and they can make your wildest fantasies come true.
>>
>>54092563
Except you're wrong:
>An object that bears no resemblance to a weapon deals 1d4 damage (the GM assigns a damage type appropriate to the object). If a character uses a ranged weapon to make a melee attack, or throws a melee weapon that does not have the thrown property, it also deals 1d4 damage. An improvised thrown weapon has a normal range of 20 feet and a long range of 60 feet.
You can change the damage, the range is pretty clear
>>
File: 1494518669850.gif (405KB, 294x222px) Image search: [Google]
1494518669850.gif
405KB, 294x222px
>>54092399

>>be me
>getting the rules of the game wrong

The only thing this post is missing is

>NATURAL FUCKING 20
>>
>>54092457
He wasn't using the halfling as a weapon though, he was just throwing him so he could get close to the ship.

Presumably, you could take a dagger and throw it way further than it's standard range. It's just that you'd be throwing it at an upward arc for extra distance, it'd be tumbling all over the place instead of landing point-first like you need it to, and it wouldn't be able to precisely hit anything, let along get past the armor of someone really far away.
>>
>>54092625
>>54092641
There's a little thing called "houseruling" that people can do.
>>
>>54092528
>>54092641
I mean at the end of the day it looks like he failed at what he was doing and just made a funny story about that failure? It doesn't seem like that terrible a roleplaying sin to me. It was fun, good job.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.