[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quest Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Hex_girls.jpg (135KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hex_girls.jpg
135KB, 1024x768px
So My party is attending a concert that they have been pushing and have spent several nights preparing for. How do I make a large party (about 6 PCs lvl 3) hurt? Also the band is all girl necromancer bards
>>
>>54090283
Only Idea I have is to have them summon undead and demons for the show and have the party fight the bigger ones. At the end to really punish them have a big demon when they don't have much spells left
>>
>>54090283
The concert is actually a mass zombification-type ritual: I assume there's at least a few hundred attending, right?
Trying to fight your way out from an arena filled with undead, plus the necromancer bards (who will likely be in their element, and may have their stagehands as meatshield backup) should be pretty tough

And don't forget the pyro.
>>
>>54090283
Think about real concerts.

You'll have the drunken belligerents - > Maybe a biker gang if the concert attracts that crowd. They'll be cruising for a fight, but maybe you fight them non-lethally (because, they're still human), so a tactically hard fight where you can't pull out your big fight cards.

Necrobardic shenanigans.
The party fights skeletons. Party beats skeletons as they try to rush the stage. But the necromancer singers put the music in those old bones, and they start toe tapping and reassembling. Great. Now fight skeletons again. Beat them and progress towards the stage. Drop more funky beats, and now fight (the same skeletons) again, with maybe a ghoul dance-lieutenant.

After the second fight, it's more important to find a way to interrupt the reassembling process than to defeat them in the first place.
>>
>>54090283
An all Paladin Christian Rock band shows up and tries to shut down the concert. Faith +1 doesn't approve of all this devilmusic going on.
>>
>>54090540
This Idea is top
>>54090503
They do not but re-fighting the same skeletons is fun
- How about having the group also try to turn the entire party/concert into their undead slaves ?
>>
>>54090433
Is a good start, but I'd make it bigger.

It's not a zombification ritual, it's an ascencion ritual. The band has set up the arena to funnel power to the stage. The more energy the crowd expends and the more excited they get, the stronger the band becomes. If successful, the band will transition cleanly into a pseudo-undead state, between life and unlife where they have all the strengths of both with none of the weaknesses (Cleaner and less destructive than lichdom, none of the inherent weaknesses of becoming a vampire or wight). Not necessarily as godlike beings, but as a group/coven they'd be powerful enough to sponsor warlocks. And look at all those adoring fans Just so excited to be in their presence. Why, they'd probably do anything for their favorite band. Anything.

Of course, there's always a paladin around to piss on everyone's fun.

So, doesthe party throw in with the necro-bard-witch coven? Get in on the ground floor of a new power in the making? Do they try to stop it?
>>
>>54090283
Aaaand the party bard tries to pull a Yoko.
>>
>>54090729
Sadly everyone in my group thinks bards are bad (except me)
>>
>>54090603
Actually, there's an idea.

Since the skeletons will be Musically animated and controlled, maybe turn it into a dance competition? Whereby, I mean, that if the party can out-fight them, it's a regular combat encounter. But indicate to them, that if they can out-Dance or out-Music the skeletons, maybe they'll follow the party, and then turn it into a Battle-of-the-Bands style showdown.

The better you play, the more of the crowd (and skeletons) form up and join your side.

Then when the music stops, and the party fights the Hexromancers, have their fight in the foreground (and describe the crowd vs crowd brawl in the background - concert goer vs skeleton minions)

If the party is doing well, have the crowd give Morale bonuses to stuff (cheering you on). stuff like that.
>>
>>54091356
That is a great idea!
They had also ran the opener out of town and ruined his name as a celebrity/bard. Seems like my party has a common enemy..
>>
>>54090283
well there's a title that will mean half the board won't see the thread
>>
>>54091643
True should have done something better
>>
>>54090283
My first response to hurting level 3 party via bards is "How's that will save?"

A) Charm person. Then order them to "hide backstage" Now the party is down a person, you can expect a minor fight to recapture their comrade, either fighting them directly, or by fighting the backstage security.

When their friend gets back, have your main fight, but they've already spent some spells, HP, consumables, whatever.

Option 2. The bards play music so LOUD that the party is deafened. (I mean, they get a save, but see what happens). Deafened puts a failure rate on spellcasting, without disabling it. Deafened makes tactical party manuevering difficult. And then start getting "Special Effects" from the stage. Like fireworks that Daze, or stun 1 round, or blind 1 round. No "Kill you with damage" status effects, but think minor Crowd Control status effects. It puts the hurt on the team tactically, but not damagely. (only level 3, right?)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.