[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 75

File: Approach of the Second Sun_AKH.jpg (152KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Approach of the Second Sun_AKH.jpg
152KB, 672x936px
"The Hour is Almost Upon Us" Edtion

Last Thread: >>54070049

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Who's first target tonight?
>>
File: 1463528587208.jpg (85KB, 660x959px) Image search: [Google]
1463528587208.jpg
85KB, 660x959px
First target has been and always will be Mark.

Any one play Experiment Kraj? What are some win conditions. Got a hold of him and I like his ability, want to build a fun, kinda combo, kind of midrange deck with him.
>>
>>54086112
it's only really good if you can take some advantage of it, like with sen triplets or mindclaw shaman effects

otherwise, it's -1 cards in your deck and your opponents will often assume the worst about your hand if no one else has huge threats

but you can run it for flavor reasons like for an edric deck
>>
>>54086130
wow... I see a lot of "lose the game"/"win the game" cards.

cheap
MTG doesn't scale. It needs to die.
>>
>>54086318
>-1 cards in your deck

i meant hand
>>
File: towerofthemagistrate.hq.jpg (34KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
towerofthemagistrate.hq.jpg
34KB, 312x445px
lol zurgo
>>
File: 1469444855554.jpg (208KB, 1108x1478px) Image search: [Google]
1469444855554.jpg
208KB, 1108x1478px
This is my first attempt at building the roach god, how did i do?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-06-17-scarab-god/
>>
File: quarrybeetle.jpg (47KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
quarrybeetle.jpg
47KB, 265x370px
Gitgud froppy?
>>
>>54086643
Meh. Why use a bug like that when you could have Magus of the Crucible.
>>
>First target tonight
I honestly don't know.
I mean we got one guy who's pretty new to magic who's using one of my decks so it would be a dick move to target him.
We have another who knows how to play but his deck is easy to stop and isn't very good.
Then the other guy has been playing longer than me, has a decent deck, but he is super chill and cares more about having fun than dominating so he doesn't really deserve to be targeted before we start.

Maybe I'm everyone's target? that would make a lot of sense since I was playing my zedruu group hug deck and everyone still went for me first.
>>
File: 1475777742870.png (88KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1475777742870.png
88KB, 260x260px
>>54086666
nice quads satan
>>
>>54086666
Yo that card is hype.

I feel like I may actually want to buy it while it's in standard rotation?

It won't get cheaper right? shits nice af.
>>
Is there anyway to make Shu Yun work in multiplayer?

My only deck right now is Jarad that was fairly easy to work into a multiplayer deck, we almost always play 4 player but sometimes only 3.

All the builds I have looked at so far use a bunch of instants and sorceries to try and voltron but I dont think that will go wide enough.

WUR does have a lot of artifact support but I am not sure if that will be abele to knock out anymore than one person before getting killed.

My other thought was just goodstuff for combat and if I cast a noncreature spell I can give a solid beater double strike.

Any thoughts or ideas?
>>
File: cryptoftheeternals.jpg (41KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
cryptoftheeternals.jpg
41KB, 265x370px
>khans triple with lifegain and no etb tapped
>>
>>54086765
>mana filtering instead of just tapping for colored mana.

Lolnope
>>
>>54086765
>costs 1 to filter

Also, Shards, not Khans.
>>
>>54086653
Exactly. Everyone talks about how Boros colos are so shit in EDH and BUG colors are all overpowered but cards exist that wreck BUG strategies. Omen Machine and Uba Mask gut those decks and have almost no drawback for decks that don't care about counters or draw spells.
>>
>>54086765
As someone who has taken leave of his senses and used Castle Sengir at least once, I like it.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
>>54086643
If you really need a second and weaker Titania.
>>
>>54086643
Bit too expensive for my taste. Body is negligable and for one less you get Splendid Reclamation. The Gitgud skeleton list isn't super tight right now but I'd probably pass on this card unless I need to power down my deck.
>>
>>54086824
Except BUG colors have removal for those cards so saying they "wreck" BUG strategies is pretty inaccurate. Most BUG strategies anyway are a shit ton of control elements so thinking you can bone them out of the game with a single artifact, then you're wrong.

Also those cards wreck most strategies, even your own. I've only played Omen Machine in Karn because you're playing mostly permanents that are not timing dependent and card draw is limited in brown.
>>
>>54086765
Noice, it's budget and useful. I would still slot Panorama first though.

>>54086643
There's a 2 mana spell that already does that (and there's Splendid Reclamation) and I don't think Froggy plays it. Maybe because it's an ETB trigger but how are you gonna flicker it on Golgari?
>>
File: sheldon memery.jpg (29KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
sheldon memery.jpg
29KB, 400x266px
Heard you guys talkin' shit about my format
>>
>>54086337
http://mtg.gamepedia.com/Alternate-win_card
Only one of them, Laboratory Maniac, is actually cheap.
>>
>>54086866
Obviously I'm not saying it is an instant win or that it is uncounterable and indestructible.

A key part of most control decks though is the ability to find the answers to threats. With Uba Mask or Omen Machine you force every player into topdeck mode and that is absolutely not where a control deck wants to be. Uba Mask means counters are virtually useless and answers cannot be saved to use on the biggest threats. Omen Machine removes any ability to draw extra cards to find answers and gain an advantage. I've played with these cards and seen them countered of course but if it lands then it hurts blue players hard with minimal effect on red or white decks.
>>
File: solitarycamel.jpg (38KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
solitarycamel.jpg
38KB, 265x370px
Camel tribal will be a thing
>>
>>54087205
>Solitary Camel
There will only be one Camel.
>>
>>54087224
There's at least a zombie camel as well.
>>
>>54086886

man that is one ugly motherfucker
>>
>>54086130
>Who's first target tonight?
Whoever plays the first scary thing, then whoever plays the second, and then the third, and so on. You know, because threat assessment.
>>
>>54086481
Getting serious Venture Bros. vibes here.
>>
>>54087018
And the I have X life so I win cards
>>
File: nicolbolasgodpharaoh.jpg (51KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
nicolbolasgodpharaoh.jpg
51KB, 265x370px
>>54086130
How playable in Commander do you guys think the God-Pharaoh really is? Is his obvious strength at dealing with all your foes greater than the obvious target he'll paint on you?
>>
>>54087896
Decent but not as good as Ugin and Karn.
>>
>>54087896
How adept is your playgroup? A once a round Mind's Dilution isn't anything to scoff at but I think seasoned players probably wouldn't let it skew their threat assessment too much. Personally he's too rich for my blood but I have bad luck when it comes to curving out properly.
>>
>>54087896

His +1 is very good in commander, his +2 is better in like cube, although you can get cute with blue cards that put stuff on opponents top deck

I don't think he puts a target on you more than other planeswalkers. He's decent but not competitive playable
>>
What's a good/fun deck with green and creatures in it?

I was looking at my decks and green was really lacking in representation.
What are some suggestions?
I have Hapatra and gitrog in my binder but I'm not sure.
>>
>>54087896
His + abilities are solid and he starts with a healthy fistfull of Loyalty. I'd never use his -4 and never expect to hit Ult, but if he gets there it's gg. If you're in Grixis you could do a lot worse for 7 mana. Sometimes he's going to just come out and wreck with either a lucky (or prepared) +2 into stupidity, or +1 to choke off responses when you have a solid board position.
>>
>>54087896
The fact that he can't come down and immediately remove a permanent unless 7 damage works (and the cost for the 7 damage is huge) means he is kind of win-more. JTMS, Nahiri the Harbinger, and the colorless planeswalkers all answer things better.

His -4 is balanced for a 20 life format and that's a drawback in EDH. The -1 is strong but obviously makes you the target.
>>
>>54088000

>never use his -4

Seems strange, not worth playing a planeswalker if you aren't utilizing their versatility

Sometimes it's the right play to kill a thing
>>
>>54088020

>JTMS answers things better
Jtms is better because it's cheaper and it brainstorms, not because it answers things better with a bounce lol wtf?
>>
>>54088141
You can bounce more creatures than you can kill with 7 damage.
>>
>>54088222

Sure but if you really needed something gone than bouncing doesn't do the trick like 7 damage does
>>
>>54088257

Then**
>>
>>54086130
Always me
All of my decks are focused to exactly one thing and that blows craw wurm meta and group hug out of the water
>>
>>54088026
An exaggeration, of course, but it's really seldom going to be worth it. Especially when you're in fucking Grixis, you should have options for slaughtering enemy creatures. Sure every once in a blue moon it's going to be your only recourse to get something off the board that must be got off the board NOW (or clock a player in the dome to remove them from the board), but by in large it's not why you play him, not even close.
>>
>>54086698
Rare from Modern era sets will need to do something amazing to get above 5 bucks.

I would just buy it.
>>
Is building zurgo with worldslayer + boros charm ethical?
>>
>>54088514
It is the only way
>>
>>54086299
I play Kraj and holy fuck is it great. The entire deck is a massive janky Rube Goldberg contraption of a combo.

For win conditions you need to find something to do with infinite mana, and then get the right creatures onto the field with Kraj to make the infinte mana. Stuff like Horseshoe Crab and Pili Pala can untap, while dork that make more than 1 mana get the mana.

Also throw in Rite of Replication and Biovisionary. 100% success rate
>>
>>54088292
Noob question: what's a Craw Wurm meta?
>>
File: commandersv2.png (5MB, 4066x1974px) Image search: [Google]
commandersv2.png
5MB, 4066x1974px
>>54086130
Post 'em.
>>
File: The+Scorpion+God+%5BHOU%5D.jpg (28KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
The+Scorpion+God+%5BHOU%5D.jpg
28KB, 223x311px
>>54088647
Currently trying to build the god killer himself, but I'm having trouble finding good red cards to put in.

I've got all the good neg counter creatures and wither goodstuff in it right now, been debating whether or not to make it into an infect deck.
>>
>>54088614
A meta where the dominant strategy is casting Craw Wurm, MAYBE ramping to it. More broadly speaking, it's a meta where vanilla fatties are expected to win the day with fairly linear damage -- like "Battlecruiser magic" but you don't even need good battlecruisers or big spells. Answers are nonexistent. Combo is nonexistent. Fun is nonexistent.; in short, casual timmy to the point of retardation.
>>
>>54088721
Grab some punishment cards from red: Leyline of Punishment, Sulfuric Vortex, that sort of stuff.
>>
File: Knees.jpg (67KB, 600x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Knees.jpg
67KB, 600x1250px
>tfw casting Epic Experiment X=15, with Metallurgic Summonings out and hitting a Mind's Desire
Didn't even need Melek
>>
>>54088647
Currently running
>zedruu politics
>Breya artifacts
>atraxa superfriends
>olivia vampire tribal
>brion

currently working on
>nin the pain artist

retired
> yidris
> nekusar
>>
>>54088886
Almost, dude.
Almost.
>>
>>54088721
I've got the same problem. I was putting together a list with the B/G chick from last set but this guy got my interest. The problem is that while the God is a much better card, green has way, way more enablers and payoff cards than red.
>>
>>54089159
That's the biggest issue. I feel like infect would be a good direction to take the scorp god, given that they also apply neg counters when they're blocked, so that's what my list is starting to look like right now.

Hapatra is in better colors by far for this type of deck. Honestly gonna try and build her next.

Or do some crazy Jund neg counter deck with secret partner commanders.
>>
>>54088721
I just need a way to recur Fists of the Demigod and I'm sold on this guy.
>>
File: Lategame rampant growth.png (173KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Lategame rampant growth.png
173KB, 265x370px
What's your opinion on this? Too slow or is the cycling worth it?
>>
File: edh.jpg (301KB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
edh.jpg
301KB, 1200x1697px
>>54088647
>>
>>54089685
It's in a tough spot at the same mana cost as Kodama's Reach and Cultivate. I think it makes the cut in a deck that benefits from cycling or discarding but objectively those cards, Nature's Lore, Thee Visits, Farseek, and Edge of Autumn are still the best in this category.
>>
>>54089685
it's pretty bad unless you explicitly intend to do something special with the cycling
>>
File: skorm.jpg (25KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
skorm.jpg
25KB, 223x310px
>>54089648
The only thing in those colors that I can find to recur enchantments is Skull of Orm, and it's pretty shitty recursion.
>>
>>54088721
Blowfly infestation + scarab nest seem sweet with him. Those are black cards tho. Everlasting torment maybe?
>>
File: ACTUAL.png (3MB, 1416x1936px) Image search: [Google]
ACTUAL.png
3MB, 1416x1936px
>>54088647
>>
Thinking of doing a kaseto deck with an infect subtheme, should I focus more on creatures so I can include mana dorks and effects or focus more on pump spells and artifacts?
>>
>>54090128
Kaseto himself pumps and you're in green so you'll ramp a lot and do not have to worry about Kaseto being removed too much you can't recast him so focus on critters. Have a suite of pump spells but a reduced one since Kaseto can do most of the heavy lifting.
How many snakes have infect so you don't need to worry about blockers? I only remember Blight Mamba from the top of my mind.
>>
>>54090199
There are a few, not a whole lot tho. Most humanoid snakes generate mana or have deathtouch
>>
>>54089863
There's an old favorite...

...because it's the best there was at the time.
>>
Who here has a foiled-out deck? I've got one deck that is almost fully foil but it still has about 10 cards (a few hundred dollars) to go.
>>
>>54090061
you got a trample tribal list?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-06-17-GYN-sidisi-reanimator/

Can I get some feedback on my Sidisi deck? I wasn't really sure on how to build it, so it feels thrown together and I'm not sure on what could be replaced. Also, I play on Xmage so budget is not a concern
>>
>>54090635
This should be fairly up to date:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tramp-gruul/

It is a budget deck.
>>
File: 46[1].jpg (80KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
46[1].jpg
80KB, 312x445px
>>54090574
I can't actually foil out any of my decks. I play too many cards from before foils were a concept.
>>
>>54090574
My Rasputin Dreamweaver deck is fully foiled out. Considering buying a Tinetwister to finally finish it. About 10 cards from foiling Hazezon Tamar too, but foil Cradle is pricey.
>>
>>54090678
thx
that's why i'm interested
>>
>>54090574
I'm too much of a deckbuilder. I'd go full awesome versions (Foils, promos, etc.) if I had *one* deck that was my precious and the only one I'd play (or at least my only significant main). Having 10+ decks and always a desire for more new brews, though, it just isn't economical.

Maybe some day I'll find that one deck that just clicks and makes everything else irrelevant. But I doubt it.
>>
>>54090687
How about "pimp" then because my deck has cards that don't exist in foil and Beta is more pimp than any foil.
>>
>>54090696
I'm in the same place with my pimp Kozilek deck that needs a Mishra's Workshop.

Foil Cradle is an insane card. It's on the reserved list though and the foil effect on it is particularly beautiful. Old foils are fantastic while the newer ones are really hit or miss depending on the set. Lorwyn/Shadowmoor are so dark and Avancyn Restored ones seem oversaturated for example.

Anything foil from Urza's or 7th edition is incredibly beautiful.
>>
File: mine.jpg (110KB, 576x371px) Image search: [Google]
mine.jpg
110KB, 576x371px
>>54088647
Mono black demons/goodies and graveyard shenanigans
>>
>>54089863
xiahou dun
though that might be a bit silly
>>
File: markoftheoni.hq.jpg (181KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
markoftheoni.hq.jpg
181KB, 480x680px
>tfw black gets better control magic than blue
>>
>>54086726
Put Medomai and a bunch of extra combat step effects in that Shu Yun deck and enjoy playing solitare.
>>
>>54091907
Black has always been a good control color.
>>
>>54090574
Radha is down to eight cards, but one is cradle, so fuck me, right? The others aren't too bad, now that I got my Champions Kiki-Jiki foil, but that Cradle is gonna kill my ass.
>>
How does one find a playgroup?
Just go to an LGS in hopes of finding people or social media or something?
>>
>>54092949
yeah just check out your local shops. nine times out of ten there will be a few dudes there with edh decks
>>
File: bloodgift.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
bloodgift.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
>>54091907
i just found out about this card recently and ordered a foil one promptly
>>
>>54087983
Mazirek is a lot of fun.
Newzuri is very creature based.
Reki, the History of Kamigawa legend tribal if you want to surprise your group.
>>
File: 1461539686191.jpg (11KB, 392x243px) Image search: [Google]
1461539686191.jpg
11KB, 392x243px
>blue mage interacts with me
>blue mage steal things from my deck, counter my spell and bounce my fatty
>interact with blue mage lands to turn them into elephants HAHA
>blue mage get mad at interaction

why blue mage hyppocrit
>>
How is Thawing Glaciers?
>>
Ok /edhg/, I'm itching for some brewing, but i don't know what to build.
Hook me up with some funky unique commander.
I've already got a Saskia precon, a Tolsmir Wolfblood token deck, an Experiment Kraji that sucks but is tons of fun, a Radha Goblin\Spirits, a pillowfort Michiko Konda and a Rakdos Lord of Big Demons and Not so Threatening Eldrazi.
>>
File: nfgm.gif (806KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
nfgm.gif
806KB, 500x375px
>>54093045
Because Blue mage is like little baby, never forget
>>
File: meriekeriberit.hq.jpg (189KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
meriekeriberit.hq.jpg
189KB, 480x680px
>>54093080

Build Berit the mindslut

bonuspoint of you put emrakul in there
>>
File: Angry Monkey.png (124KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Monkey.png
124KB, 223x311px
>>54093045
>blue mage
Just tell them NO.
>>
>>54093122
I like the funkyness but not the jam, stealing things isn't my thing.
Thanks for the advice tho.
>>
>>54093065
Sloooow, but not terrible.
>>
>>54093172
nonono, you don't steal things

you use Berit on your own dudes and flicker her for sac effects
>>
>>54093246
>Flickering Merieke to kill your own dudes rather than just untapping her
>>
File: Wydwen the Biting Gale.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Wydwen the Biting Gale.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>54093080
Faerie tribal with tons of bounce spells and instant-speed effects.
>>
>>54093172
>>54093080
Build Arjun WheelStorm with Locust God in the 99 as your primary wincon.
>>
Which guildmages are the best in edh?
>>
>>54094187
Azorius and Vishkopa are the best.
>>
File: 1494999959726.png (845KB, 750x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1494999959726.png
845KB, 750x1056px
>>54086507
Pls respond
>>
I have a Bruna deck, a Grimgrin deck, a Melek deck, and a Edric deck, and I want to work on a Muzzio deck. Are there any particularly good or important cards for those in the 2016 commander precons?
>>
>>54094286
Anyone wanna list, from top to bottom?
>>
I'm totally a Timmy. Should I play Samut or Surrak or something else? I know Xenagos and Angry Omnath are popular but I want to play something else, and three colors is a huge boon.
>>
>>54094454
If you want to play Temur, consider Maelstrom Wanderer too.
>>
>>54094454
>>54094487
I personally like Intet with lots of ways of cheating fatties into play
>>
File: Image (97).jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (97).jpg
30KB, 223x310px
Convince me not to run it guys. This seems like so much fun but I have doubts about its effectiveness.
>>
>>54094732
ok lets break it down to its value

6 mana to make a 5/5 flier without an ETB, LTB or anything else that gives you immediate value

it needs to attack to do anything

even if it does attack, you need to pay additional mana to make something happen

all in all it's a worse balefire dragon or a worse inferno titan, depending on what you're looking for
>>
>>54094783
I like it's planeswalker killing capabilities and that it can snipe something that isn't under the control of the defending player (to circumvent ghostly prison effects).
Someone is already running balefire/glorybringer/tyrants familiar in our group so I don't wanna steal their thunder (not too drawn to them anyways). You're probably right, I should just slot my Sun Titan's Big Red Brother.
>>
>>54086130
Al's the target. His faggot Kaalia deck needs to suffer more.
>>
>>54094732
>tfw love alara dragons
>tfw can't wait for commander 2017 just to slam this into the dragon precon
>>
>>54094839
inferno titan is really good card

i remember thinking "this guy is a little meh" but then i realized i could wipe entire boards of shitty utility creatures, especially with haste. its firebreathing is a great mana dump too
>>
>>54088721
You could put some red flanking stuff in there. Consuming fervor maybe? Grief tyrant could be pretty good too.
>>
File: 1486352422618.jpg (72KB, 312x306px) Image search: [Google]
1486352422618.jpg
72KB, 312x306px
>>54086130

Jon. People ignore him and he combos off and wins. Then I focus him and he gets pissy.

>Identity Crisis his hand full of enchanments after someone rifts
>He gets mad
>Point out that he has a hand well over 15 cards and he was the best target as everyone else had played most of their stuff
>Still gets mad

Sorry you were the best target, now excuse me while I fuck you up with Karl.
>>
Help me cut

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bant-token-army-1/
>>
File: 1669998.png (11KB, 1024x227px) Image search: [Google]
1669998.png
11KB, 1024x227px
>>54095082
>Identity Crisis
>>
Hey guys. Just wanted to say I am headed out to the game store for some EDH. Wish me luck.
>>
>>54095082
Guess Jon knows nothing of this game
>>
>>54095189
Good luck! :3
unless you're playing Simic, then Fuck You
>>
File: itssomething.png (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
itssomething.png
1MB, 1200x1200px
>>54088647
>>
>>54095082
sounds like me
>>
Alright, it's a 1v1 and I've got Curse of Exhaustion + Forbid with a hand full of cards and I'm drawing several cards per turn. Aside from Split Second, is there any way my opponent can ever do anything? I'm not sure if he can cast on my turn before my unkeep step (before I draw enough to pay the Buyback cost of Forbid).
>>
>>54086130
The Animar guy. I'm sure he doesn't like me by now, since I've locked him out of his combo three times in a row now. Last time it was giving him a Steel Golem and then bribing it with Gwafa. He did not recover.
>>
>>54086726
Equipment brah. Sunforger provides all of the silver bullets you need, plus win cons
>>
I think I'm retarded. How does Worldgorger Dragon go infinite with Tymaret? I get you use the Animate Dead combo to make infinite mana. But how do I win after that? Something that makes a token on ETB with each Dragon cycle? A lot of folks keep saying the two can go infinite together on their own, which I cannot fathom.
>>
>>54095852
You use Tymaret's ability to kill worldgorger in response to it entering the field, dealing 2 damage. Do that forever
>>
>>54095893
Wouldn't that put its LTB trigger on the stack, resolve first, and then return nothing?
>>
>>54095893
Congrats, you just exiled your entire field and the only way to bring it back was that creature you sac'd. Please see: Oblivion Ring / Fiend Hunter rulings.
>>
File: Beguiler-of-Wills.jpg (95KB, 1000x630px) Image search: [Google]
Beguiler-of-Wills.jpg
95KB, 1000x630px
After a 2.5 year break, I've finally got the urge to play EDH again. I dug out my old deck and added a few newer things, but still looking to lower the curve a little and add a little more reliable recursion. Any obvious newer cards I might have missed?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-11-16-reanimation-station/
>>
>>54095910
So they can't go infinite together and all you can do is exile your entire board and shoot your opponent for 2? Hilarious.
>>
>>54095960
Using just a stereotypical Worldgorger combo with just Tymaret on the field, that is correct. There is no combo between the two on their own merit - Tymaret simply benefits from an ETB token producer and infinite mana together to create a 2-damage machine gun over and over again.

Also, on the downside, this combo is incredibly flimsy against spot removal. Very, very risky.
>>
>>54086130
Probably me. My decks have a tendency towards the "be unassuming then pull a win from your ass" strategy.
>>
>>54088647
OK
>>
What's the best way to build Shu Yun? I've been messing around with builds since he came out, but no matter what I do he always seems underwhelming. Either I hit someone really hard and get focused to death immediately, or I do nothing all game lose because someone combos out.
>>
>>54096013
>filename
>commanders
Are you me
>>
>>54096156
the Gruul Science Consortium is the truth, anon
>>
>>54096171
Try out Borborygmos Enraged sometime. Land Chucking combo is pretty good, although a bit slow.
>>
>>54096188
I was looking at him. Hidetsugu too, because my group has gotten very into an EDH variant that enforces politics, and being able to hold the table hostage would be fun in that format.
>>
So has anyone ever blown out the table with an Archbond tutored with Sunforger?
>>
>>54096210
Hidetsugu is fun as hell, been there. You need some REALLY good political abilities to drop him and have him stick (unless you have haste somehow). That being said, I run him in an oddball Saskia Enchantment-based Punisher deck. Basically runs things like Collective Voyage alongside Manabarbs/Citadel of Pain. It's literally only a threat if someone is doing well - large amounts of creatures, lands, or other things leads an almost immediate blowout.
It's also 97 permanents, Collective Voyage, and Primal Surge. Pretty damn fun.
>>54096257
Not personally, but I have seen some mono-red fuck get swung at with a Malignus, flash in a Dictate of the Twin Gods, then cast Arcbond. The man went out in style.
>>
File: god.jpg (45KB, 239x345px) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
45KB, 239x345px
Hey i'm trying to make sort of a mill/graveyard interaction deck using pic related as a commander. I'm pretty new to magic and would really appreciate help with cards to drop or suggestions on cards to add/swap beyond whats shown on EDHrec. After I get everything set up i'm going to be swapping out islands and swamps for dual lands and whatnot.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/throwing-money-away/
>>
>>54096293
I will mention the fella had a blocker, which should be obvious but I feel like someone will misinterpret this.
>>
>>54096296
Mill is a newbie trap and a money pit. Don't do it.

Build Nebuchadnezzar or Dralnu if you want fun UB stuff.
>>
>>54096138

Guess you just want to run lots of mana rocks, cantrips, and removal, and other prowess creatures that can benefit from the double strike ability

I don't think there's anyway to make him not underwhelming in multiplayer, his abilities are more suited to 1v1

Obviously you could just run jeskai goodstuff and ignore him but I assume that's not what you mean when you ask for the best way to build shu yun
>>
>>54096335
Unfortunately this is also the conclusion I came to, I was just checking to see if /tg/ had any insight or perspectives I hadn't thought about yet that might help me.
>>
>>54086299
Kraj is pretty excellent, you can build him in pretty much any fashion and it can work.

Like >>54088603 said it's all about figuring out the most ridiculous way to spend your infinite mana.
Vorel+Gilder Bairn is 4x the counters on something.
Lorescale Coatl+Zameck Guildmage is EZ card draw.
Champion of Lambholt/Primordial Hydra is a great way to push over the top.
Master Biomancer, Zegana, and any number of clones are MVP
>>
>>54096296
I'd say settle on a clearer theme - do you want to steal stuff from the opponents' graveyards, do you want to mill them out, or do you just want your creatures to be bigger as you mill opponents. Sure, all are good effects in this deck, but you have too many of each present. Pick a clear theme, then sprinkle a few of the stronger cards from the remaining themes.
Also, you're running some infinites which is good but a little anticlimactic. Everyone will tell you mill is a trap, which is true. Either you win via infinites (in which case why not just run a different infinite that doesn't rely on your enemy "drawing" from and empty deck) or reanimation. In many cases you'd just be better running wheels / coincidental mill with a heavy reanimator theme with your own valid reanimation targets.
>>54096329
This man says this shortly, but fails to mention that it is doable. You will be bored if you're not smart about building the deck. I would suggest you try a different commander, everyone wants mill at first before they realize it's not particularly fun or good.
The new Scarab God is also a good UB funstuff commander, and also fits that reanimator theme I've mentioned.
>>
>>54096293
Imagine if you had tageted a creaure with lifelink and Boros Reckoner out, you'd gain so much life and deal so much damage, it would be insane.
>>
>>54096409
You mean the game would have just ended. But I see the novelty in your thought.
>>
>>54096424
Especially if you gad Gisella out and other damage doubler effects, would be fucking beautiful.
>>
>>54096447
I've had a lot of fun copying Insult//Injury's first spell a lot of times in Gruul Wort, then just casting Comet Storm for 5 and watching the world burn.
>>
>>54086130
Wanna make a R/G/W cat deck, trying to decide on a commander.

Any suggestions?
>>
Which color is better, red or white?
>>
File: Coal_Golem-_MTG.jpg (28KB, 392x317px) Image search: [Google]
Coal_Golem-_MTG.jpg
28KB, 392x317px
>>54096296
>throwing money away
>doesn't even have a Glimpse the Unthinkable
Also mill is rough
YOu have to play heavy politics with your table under the guise of "fate"
>"sorry I'm traumatizing you, the die landed on your number"
Shit like that
You have to have the whole table protecting you so that you can mill the most dangerous opponent and even then after that they're just going to turn your way so you can't Traumatize + Keening Stone someone
That said, I fucking love playing Mill and think it's a blast every time
>5 man game
>Consuming Aberration and he's up to like 120/120
>wait til the blue players are out of mana
>table gasps in complete horror as I slam a Altar of Dementia
No one swings at me in fear of me milling 120 cards from them
God that was a fun game. Still lost but that's mill for you
>>
>>54096396
>>54096329
It's a shame about mill, looked like fun dumping people libraries.

Locust god looks neat though, would a resurrection deck use removal instead of plain mill to get stuff into graveyards to resurrect?
>>
>>54096774
whoops, meant scarab god. Locust god makes me want to make a hand cycling deck now that I look at it though.
>>54096764
yea the main reason why I wanted to make a mill EDH is because it's what got me into MTG when a friend helped me make a 60 card with the theme. Many laughs were had when someone got oneshotted by a traumatize-buffed Consuming Aberration or wight.

Probably not a good idea to think those times would be representative of our games now. My whole group came a long way from thinking Platinum Emperion had no counterplay besides doomblade to how we play now.
>>
>>54096679
Gahiji, Honored One.
>>
>>54091620
how is sheoldred as a commander? I really wanted to play her at the helm of a big black mana deck but i was worried if i used her i would get hatefucked right off the bat just because she is scary.
alternatively was thinking tasigur as commander with the u/b/g praetors just as part of the 99.
>>
How autistic do you guys get when it comes to making your TappedOut lists? I've come to the point where I not only write a full overview of the deck but list each card individually and categorize them by their function.
>>
>>54097044
I use Google Charts to compile my deck lists and TO only to share them on /edh/

Are you also one of those TO users who color their usernames in a rainbow marquee?
>>
>>54097044
>categorize them by their function.

I actually dislike it when people do this, luckily you can just switch it back to "type"

I also dislike explanations of more than a paragraph or two, unless you are building a primer or have a particularly complicated deck. I would use this space to explain meta choices and what you want the deck to do.
>>
>>54097211
I mean I write out the individual cards in the details section.

>>54097198
Nope, not sure what that is.
>>
>>54097265
Yeah, no. That's too much bullshit, and you should learn to trim it down.
>>
>>54097044
Unlike this anon >>54097386 I actually like when people post explanations to their card choices, some choices are obvious and don't need more than a sentence, but I find that it gives the reader a more in depth of why you chose each card instead of just "I picked it because it's good." explanations allow people to see if your reasoning and theirs matches up, which is always nice when you're building a new deck or editing an existing one.
>>
File: every ux designers nightmare.jpg (9KB, 150x220px) Image search: [Google]
every ux designers nightmare.jpg
9KB, 150x220px
>>54097265
I'm talking about these user names with horrendous formatting

And this is only collected from the front page just now
>>
>>54097445
Oh sweet Christ no.

>>54097434
I agree.
>>
File: 1265549402609.jpg (14KB, 546x342px) Image search: [Google]
1265549402609.jpg
14KB, 546x342px
>Playan Godo vs Karametra, Edric, Damia and Gwafa
>Damia goes off stupidly fast
>Casts Omniscience crazy early
>REB that shit away
>says nothing the rest of the game, laser focuses me

I bask in salt. Dunking on "oops I win" plays is my favorite thing
>>
>>54097044
I input the cards to match the edition and condition I have them in, as well as create custom categories. The categories help me sort out the deck an decide what to remove when making cuts.
>>
File: 221.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
221.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
Run this bad boy in boros to make all your loot effects net you card advantage (also, double lifegain is nice too).
>>
>>54096013
Turn that Titiana into Angry Omnath and you'll be my nigga.
>>
File: pureautism.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
pureautism.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>54097494
>Red Elemental Blast
should've been named Saltblast for the amount of asspain generated from a single red mana. Pic definitely related.

Speaking of Gahiji, just got one and made tribal beasts. Shit's pretty casual, slow as fuck, but innocuous enough that left unchecked will just beat you down with fat shit.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gahiji-tribal-beasts/
>>
File: 370448.full.jpg (61KB, 200x278px) Image search: [Google]
370448.full.jpg
61KB, 200x278px
Here's this equipment that makes your dudes into mana dorks.
>>
>>54097445
This is the fucking WORST, holy shit

Also people with S P E C I A L description sections. Laying out your game plan is great, but god damn anyone who plays EDH knows why you have Krenko in a Zada deck.
>>
File: cryptolith rite.png (123KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
cryptolith rite.png
123KB, 223x311px
>>54097697
and here's the enchantment
>>
>>54097615
Nah man Titania is rad. Carpetbombing and blowing up your your own lands to make a huge army is cool as fuck
>>
>>54097749
I'm playing boros, tho
>>
>>54097794
how could anyone have known that
>>
>>54096710

Mono red > mono white
White > red overall
>>
File: 1329984435956.gif (681KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1329984435956.gif
681KB, 800x800px
>taking fat shits on people with Karn

People do not see this deck coming what the fuck
>>
>>54097841
how is it possible that no one sees it coming? "go infinite turn 5" is the worst i've seen an unimpeded karn deck do
>>
File: Commanders.png (1MB, 2859x800px) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.png
1MB, 2859x800px
>>54088647
Okay, sure.
>>
>>54097934
Talk to me about Genju anon.
>>
File: malf.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
malf.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
I made a Malfegor deck that can keep a full hand while clearing the board, and in testing it's been pretty good, but the problem I've been having is winning quickly. The win condition is attacking empty boards with 6-drops, but that's usually too slow to come out on top in a 4-player group.

What are some good Rakdos win cons I could throw in? I've got enough draw and tutors that they shouldn't be too hard to find.
>>
>>54098013
Havoc Festival+Wound Reflection, Exsanguinate, Mike+Trike
>>
File: 1413072009927.png (738KB, 659x657px) Image search: [Google]
1413072009927.png
738KB, 659x657px
>>54097981
He was a failed attempt at making a Manland deck. Although, failed might be the wrong word. I went in wanting a deck where I make a bunch of lands into dudes and swarm people with them. What ended up happening was me slapping Genju on an indestructible land, attaching Genju of the Field to it and abusing the poor wording of that card to gain 48 life with a single attack. It became boring.
>>
File: 1488532583386.jpg (116KB, 960x936px) Image search: [Google]
1488532583386.jpg
116KB, 960x936px
>>54093065
A financial death trap right now. Thanks Solemnity.

>>54093335
>have a Vela deck from 3 years ago
>has a foil Cavern Harpy in it
>checked its price today
>mfw
>>
File: thawing.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
thawing.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>54098646
?
>>
>>54098701
8 bucks average, friend

>>54098646
Why would Solemnity fuck up the price of something that doesn't involve counters?
>>
>>54098735
i think he meant glacial chasm

>$5
>financial death trap
>>
>>54094868
>>54094732

Greetings dragon brothers.
I come to you with a list of badass dragons that have aided me in my travels.

>Scourge of Valkas
OG dragon tribal badass, pings for 1 no matter what and has firebreathing. Costing 5 is a big upside, most dragons are 6 or more.
>Dragon Mage
Wheels are good, hitting for 5 in the air is good. You make the call.
>Hellkite Charger
The extra combat phase will rarely happen if ever, but hasty 5 in the air is pretty stronk. Alternatively you can go thundermaw hellkite for the hastiness but I swear that extra combat phase will be handy some day.
>Scourge of the Throne
As above so below, much easier to trigger that bonus combat round, also he just looks sick.
>Bogardan Hellkite
Do NOT underestimate 5 burn spread over any number of targets on a flash dragon. This guy is a beast and will save your ass. Also nothing feels better than roasting 2 or 3 utility creatures.
>Spawn of Thraxes
Not the greatest dragon, but I'd argue better than flameblast. Doing it on ETB is very powerful and in monoR he can gun down a nasty creature or two, since it's ETB he combos nicely with reanimation, Not the best creature out there but I think he's better than he seems.
>Ryusei the Falling Star
Fuckin kickass dragon boardwipe, even better in dragon tribal since all your dragons fly so he won't wipe your board.
>Thunder Dragon
Destroy all utility creatures and get a 5/5 flier. Underrated little guy
>Utvara Hellkite
Just ridiculous. Free dragons forever.
>Tyrants Familiar
Straight upgrade over flameblast desu. Free 7 damage to any target with haste as long as you have your commander online is insane. This guy is beast.
>Dragon Tyrant
The stompiest smashiest biggest dragon there is. Fuck draco. Dragon Tyrant is the OG badass.

These are some of my spiciest boys but there are more out there.
>>
File: karrthus.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
karrthus.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
>>54099020
also pic related is my commander for dragon smash facery

Don't underestimate a 7/7 hasty flier, especially when he gives other dragons haste. This guy is a god damn killing machine.
>>
>>54099039
what's the game plan if anyone is playing a clone
>>
File: 301[1].jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
301[1].jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>54099434
You've got Green and Black, so tutoring up a land is easy enough.
>>
>>54095950
Might wanna consider the Amonkhet Liliana. Otherwise this looks perfectly fine.
>>
>>54099434
I hold karrthus back if I'm playing against blue decks generally.
Or alternatively focus fire them first.

Or you can guttural response the clone.

The 'karrthus dies to clone' meme is really less of a downside than people think. When your commander costs 7 your deck should be able to function pretty well without casting him anyway.
>>
>>54099526
why karrthus and not scion?
>>
>>54099540
Scion plays more like a combo-boltron deck, but I want to play a dragon tribal deck. I'm not here to toolbox and win, I'm here to turn 7 dragons sideways and burninate some villages.

Also karrthus is a hasty 3 turn clock, he hits like a freight train.

The new Ur-Dragon legend will be tempting since he's more tribal than Scion, but idk karrthus is just a lot of fun, and I find jund is more fun and directed than 5 color is.
>>
>>54099584

Karrthus is bad, Atarka world render is better if you just want to hit really hard but not get wrecked by clones
>>
>>54099584
having played scion, yeah, that's true. ended up being more of a dragon-lite reanimator deck.
>>
>>54097934

Hello fellow Jazal player, have you ever gotten to use him with Storm Herd? Shit's hilarious.
>>
>>54099594
I haven't even tuned karrthus and he's wrecking face in my meta, and he's very fun to pilot, which is the most important factor anyway.
He's not t1 at all but he's doing exactly what I wanted him to do, so no, he's not bad,
Stop assuming that because a commander gets hosed by certain silver bullets that it's now completely useless.

If you want an example of a bad commander, go look at legends, karrthus is fine.
>>
>>54099821
>and he's very fun to pilot, which is the most important factor anyway.

This is the truth.
>>
>>54099821
>Talking shit on Legends
You ain't my niggah.
It still had at least 4-5 commanders better than Karrthus.
>>
>>54099020
>no steel hellkit
>>
File: my face.jpg (69KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
my face.jpg
69KB, 600x325px
>Tfw two weeks of playing Locust God
>tfw I know I can never go back
>>
>>54097680
Red/Blue E. Blast and Pyro/Hydroblast are a running joke in my group. By which I mean we are allowed to laugh while losing to piles of jank and silver bullets. I also had one of these wiseguys Trinket Mage a Pithing Needle on my Ashling, so we're pretty far from a healthy play environment. It's just nice having nervous glances directed towards my Mountains.
Nothing assbreaks a new entry to our group like having Brago/Tasigur/Deveri deleted a few times. One mana each.
>>
>>54100295
Is he value enough for full jank? I'm talking about using Recurring Insight as a wincon, not fucking around here! Jank!
>>
File: 1475459982460.jpg (150KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
1475459982460.jpg
150KB, 464x664px
>>54100364
>recurring insight
>>
>>54100364

I don't know. I think it will depend a lot on your playgroup, if I tried to use Recurring Insight as a win con it would not work at all, but it might for you.

All I can tell you is that he is a lot of fun, you get to play with weird cards like Breath of Fury and Mindmoil.
>>
>>54097934
post ertai list

i'm building a similar deck
>>
>>54100377
I just really like Pull from the Deep and other spell recursion. That's a good means of inevitability, though! Everything above seven mana I consider cursed to sit in my hand. I want to hit E.T.I. with Volcanic Vision someday...
>>54100390
I guess I meant: can you cast him regularly? What's your main follow-up? Six mana seems like it'd need so much ramp it'd basically be UR artifacts already...
Breath of Fury is precisely what I was looking for. Wins with Coastal Piracy and Bident of Thassa! I've never had to think about U/R tokens before.
>>
>start brewing UR tokens list
>it ends up being the same as any other UR list by either comboing out or durdling the entire game

goddamnit
>>
>>54100605
>Pull from the Deep
You'd be better off most of the time just playing something like Concentrate or Deep Analysis. The quality of cards in your deck should be good enough that it's usually better to draw than to hold out hope for one-off recursion like that.

Overvaluing recursion is a deckbuilding trap.
>>
>>54095476
Spells that cannot be countered
>>
>>54095477
Is it viable to play a non-combo Animar just being a dumb temur Timmy?
>>
>>54100779
morph tribal?
>>
>>54100605
>>54100672
The exceptions are:
>Reusable effects
Cards like Phyrexian Reclamation, Volrath's Stronghold, or Hanna, Ship's Navigator.

>Effects that are very efficient
Cards like Ghoulcaller's Chant, Regrowth, or Snapcaster Mage.

>Effects that can be abused
Cards like Eternal Witness, Archaeomancer, or Life from the Loam.
>>
>>54100877
Where would you put Praetor's Counsel?
>>
>>54100920
Efficient. It has the potential to give you a lot more cards than a comparable draw spell.
>>
>>54100344
How are you removing tasigur with REB/Pyroblast?
>>
>>54100672
If the quality of cards in your deck is that good then the quality of cards in your graveyard is too. Not to mention recursion lets you choose what you get, while drawing is usually more random. Card draw is important, but one shot card draw isn't inherently better than recursion.
>>
>>54101335
>the quality of cards in your graveyard is too. Not to mention recursion lets you choose what you get, while drawing is usually more random.

How do you think cards get into your graveyard to start with? Your graveyard is a (mostly) random slice of your deck, meaning early to mid-game it could be completely empty or very limited in selection. Not to mention a lot more opponents will be more prepared to deny you access to your graveyard than your library.

There are types of recursion that are good enough to outclass comparable draw, but Pull from the Deep is not one of them.
>>
>>54086130
chris and his stupid fucking slivers deck that he wont stop playing even though we all hate it and hate him out every time. seriously chris fuck you man, play something else for a change
>>
File: Capture.jpg (74KB, 1020x584px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
74KB, 1020x584px
>>54088647
>>
File: spooky dog.jpg (158KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
spooky dog.jpg
158KB, 960x960px
>want to put all my decks on tapped out
>dont want to spend like 4 hours typing in cards
>>
>>54101674
If you have them in any other format then importing/exporting them should be easy. I usually build decks in Cockatrice then import to TO because I like the Cockatrice interface more.
>>
>>54101734
dont have them anywhere, i usually just build shells out of what i have and then slowly upgrade it a few cards at a time over a few months. most of my decks start out as stuff you would see in standard for the last like 4 years
>>
File: please kill me.jpg (87KB, 900x514px) Image search: [Google]
please kill me.jpg
87KB, 900x514px
>>54101674
>decided last year to catalog ALL of my cards to make deck building and trading easier
>takes months to sort all cards not in decks by set and collector #
>two weeks ago, started recording cards with current conditions in spreadsheet
>2 boxes down, 10 more to go
>and then all my unsorted cards already in decks
>>
>>54101777
jesus, i dont want to go that far, i just want to be able to post them here so edhg can call me bad and give me secret tech
>>
File: Commander Pool.png (771KB, 928x592px) Image search: [Google]
Commander Pool.png
771KB, 928x592px
>>54088647
Silas and Ravos are new, I am avoiding combo at the moment but who knows down the road.
>>
File: 56339_200w.jpg (20KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
56339_200w.jpg
20KB, 200x285px
What do you guys think of Runechanter's Pike as a win condition for a control deck? I figure it'd work as it turns any utility creature into a big hitter late game and it's portable. Don't have to worry about losing my creature that was supposed to close the game. Cheap too so more mana's open for counters and such.
>>
>>54102587
For a competitive control deck, I'd usually prefer 1 or 2 infinite combos that win you the game on the spot.

For a casual control deck, suiting up your commander and swinging for lethal is risky but should work fine. Pike is a good card.
>>
>>54102632
Forgot to mention that it's a casual deck. I had some instant win combos and it was effective but not really fun for the table.
>>
Can someone sugest some non-creature recursion cards for my Sidisi deck? I have plenty of ways to bring back creatures already
>>
File: 64[1].jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
64[1].jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>54102663
I'm assuming you mean Mono-Black Sidisi, since there are a dozen "Return target card" effects available to Sultai Sidisi.
>>
I want to incorporate the monarch mechanic into my Gwafa deck to shake games up a little more. What are some decent white and blue cards that let me hand out monarch?
>>
>>54102663
which sidisi?
>>
i want to make an infect deck for when my play group is being faggots, what are some good commanders for this?
>>
>>54098742
>i think he meant glacial chasm
You mean the one that becomes vastly more powerful under Solemnity but is still easily attained?
>>
>>54103009
>I want to play a bad archetype when my friends are fags
????
>>
>>54103041
it may not be very good but someone is not gonna get to have fun for a game at least
>>
>>54103062
Yeah, that's you.
>>
>>54103062
In that case, Skithiryx voltron is probably your best option.
>>
>>54103084
no im pretty sure ill have fun, its not like i dont enjoy aggro decks
>>
>>54102893
>>54102663
Its Sultai.I just sort of threw the deck together, so I didn't realize I was missing that until I was done. Xmage deck, by the way
>>
File: beetleborgking.png (178KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
beetleborgking.png
178KB, 265x370px
Alright, /edhg/, I'm trying ot brew pic related and I'm hitting a wall not of lacking something but of overwhelming breadth of decisions. I don't want to do 100% Zombie Tribal because a) Fuck tribal, it's dull; b) Sultai Sidisi already plays that note; and c) His sap-and-scry may be inevitability but eternalizing everyone's shit is why I'm reaching for him. Like, I'm not unwilling to run zombies but I'd rather have some combined arms and goodstuff.

Any suggestions of tech outside zombie tribal effects that plays well with Scarab God and his eternals?
>>
>>54103139
Regrowth, Prateor's Counsel, Seasons Past, Eternal Witness... do you really need more? Frankly you should be able to recur eternal witness to recur anything else and tutor her with your choice of black or green means.
>>
>>54103164
Thanks, that helps
>>
whats the prevailing mulligan these days? the one where you return all 7 and take 6 or the one where you return any number of cards you want, keep the rest, and return 1 less than the number you gave up?
>>
>>54103139
Creeping Renaissance
Eternal Witness
Greenwarden of Murasa
Nostalgic Dreams
Praetor's Counsel
Regrowth
Seasons Past
Treasured Find
Wildest Dreams
>>
>>54103197
We use return the 7 and get 7 the first time, then 6, 5 and so on as usual with scry 1
>>
>over the course of this year my ceiling on how much i am willing to spend on a single card went from 5-20 dollars

kill me
>>
>>54103150
Eternal Scourge and Misthollow Griffin, a sac outlet, and infinite mana = infinite 4/4s, then you win in your upkeep.

Altar of the Brood and Embalming Tools have good synergy with scarab- for the former, any zombie you make will mill all your opponents. For the latter, your tokens that didn't attack can tap to mill a specific opponent. Especially the one that just tutored a card to the top of their library.

>>54102663
Wildest Dreams is also a good one IMO.
>>
>>54103150
I posted my attempt at building him last thread, i went more for a mill, removal and goodstuff approach with some zombie generators in between, the goal is to win with the other player's creatures http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/30-06-17-scarab-god/
>>
>>54103366
Wizards can kiss my ass. Cockatrice is the only way to play. Like fucking hell I'm paying $20 per card
>>
>>54103197
My playgroup does one where you draw two opening hands and pick one of them, then do normal mulligans after that. It's hard for combo to abuse, and helps people end up with just a usable hand.
>>
File: EDH Decks.png (859KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
EDH Decks.png
859KB, 850x850px
>>54088647
>>
>>54103470
That's an interesting way of doing it.
>>
>>54103387
you dont buy singles from wizards you dummy
>>
So how do you all think the new Bolas (Deceiver) stands up to the other Bolas walker cards?
>>
>>54103642
deceiver is pretty shit imo. the +3 does basically nothing, the -3 would be cool if it was on a PW that didnt cost 8 fucking mana, and you will more than likely never get to the ult in a multiplayer game
>>
>>54103640
LGS, retailers, dudes online, whatever. That shit's way too expensive for some cardboard.
>>
>>54103675
its not a hobby for poors thats for sure
>>
>>54103009
>>54103062
skithiryx is what you want

two ways to build him

>equipments and combat buffs for skithiryx and other decent infect creatures

for when you want to potentially win the game

>hand disruption with skithiryx as a finisher

for when you just want to fuck over one dude really hard with 100% certainty
>>
>>54103717
>you just can't afford it

I bet you're very popular at your LGS. I have some timeshares you should take a look at too.
>>
>>54103717
it is though

rich people play golf, go sky diving and go dine in fine places

poor people buy cardboard at 60 dollars a card and pretend they made an investment as they play the game in a smelly LGS with other poor autists
>>
File: Commanders.png (2MB, 852x3336px) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.png
2MB, 852x3336px
>>54088647
>>
>>54103736
It's not like it's truly a waste of money as long as the bottom doesn't fall out. If enough people are willing to pay $20 for something, it's legitimately worth $20, regardless of the fact it's "just cardboard".
>>
>>54103736
you dont have to spend thousands of dollars on edh but if you cant afford to drop like 150-250 bucks on a deck that you can play endlessly then magic just might not be a good hobby for you. maybe try something more your speed like hiking or soccer, those are free
>>
>>54103674
About what I figured.
>>
>>54103746
>playing at an LGS

disgusting
>>
>>54103780
Soccer isn't free.
>>
>>54103197
Vancouver NR+1
7 cards, one free mulligan, mull by setting your hand aside and then drawing new cards, any player with less then 7 cards after mulligans scrys 1.
>>
>>54103780
you know if we had less of you crab mentality folks then maybe wotc would be a little more ethical about the secondary market and you wouldn't have to perform all these mental gymnastics to justify spending 150-250 dollars on cardboard
>>
>>54103852
Soccer is played worldwide because it requires two sticks and a bit of rubber to play.
>>
>>54103784
ya, the god pharaoh one is much better but its still 8 mana which is pretty rough especially since grixis isnt exactly amazing at ramp
>>
What is some spicy secret tech for boros?
>>
>>54103945
ill never understand why people like you dont just play pauper or something instead of bitching about card prices of a format where 50 cent bulk rares are actually useful
>>
>>54103959
The bit of rubber isn't free.
>>
>>54103852
Soccer needs a ball, 2/4 random objects and empty room to play
>>
>>54104006
you haven't specified why it's good that a format staple card costs 60 dollars
>>
>>54103377
>>54103383
Thanks Anons

... I also just realized that Eldrazi Processors, in theory, work wonders with him to make repeat eternals of rival creatures, the question becomes if any of them are good.
>>
>>54104051
He never said it was good.
>>
>>54104160
then what the fuck is the point he's trying to make
>>
>>54104168

That it's not as bad as legacy, modern, or even standard
>>
>>54104224
oh i see that justifies it completely

in fact i'm going to smash my fingers with a brick. after all, it's not as bad as swallowing rat poison and therefore Good
>>
>>54104168
Even if it's not good for most players, it's not hugely prohibitive or outrageous for people to be spending the money. People spend even more money on more ephemeral things to participate in hobbies.
>>
>>54104294

What was your point again?
>>
>>54104414
card prices bad
>>
File: nehebtheeternal-1.jpg (52KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
nehebtheeternal-1.jpg
52KB, 265x370px
What's the verdict?

Also, does anyone run Boros Partners? If so, what's your experience with them?
>>
Does the Magic Story part of the site offer everything on what's going on or are the articles there supplementary to the books and comics?
>>
>>54104294
Even though it's a bad argument, it still makes clear that EDH is the cheapest format to play, since you can make viable decks with really cheap, although there isn't any official competitive scene of it.
Your argument is awful as well and is completely irrelevant. Might as well say kill yourself or kill yourself in a painful way
>>
>>54104473
There used to be books, and there were very briefly some comics, but I think it's just the story articles now.
>>
>>54104168
He never had one.
>>
>>54104427

I mean if people pay those prices then how can they be bad?
>>
>>54103510
Do you happen to have an Avacyn list?
>>
>>54104606
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/avacyn-board-wipes/
It could do with more mana rocks, but meh.
>>
>>54104447
He seems good. You'll get alt least 3 mana off of him each time he hits, so it's good acceleration.
>>
>>54104120
Also: Warped Devotion plus Cephalid Constable in Scarab God. Or just Cephalid Constable, it's good already and really looks to benefit from becoming a 4/4. But I kind of want to make Warped Devotion work
>>
>>54104447

This card is decent but overrated

Making a lot of mana isn't actually that difficult in mono red, mono red's problem is lack of card draw, lack of tutoring, and lack of recursion (outside of artifact decks) relative to the other colors

I don't really see this guy being more effective than other mono red commanders
>>
File: 1495081814310.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495081814310.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>54103387
>>54103640
>>54103675
>>54103717
>>54103736
>>54103746
I like how 'MURICANS are all about capitalism, except when it comes to their beloved cardboard.
>>
>>54104848
Who says everyone here is American or a capitalism?
>>
File: 1481835775826.jpg (90KB, 572x494px) Image search: [Google]
1481835775826.jpg
90KB, 572x494px
>>54104877
commies get out
>>
ITT: People that don't realize card prices have to be high because of limited.
>>
>>54104473
Anything Magic Origins or later, Magic Story is the whole story. Between Innistrad 1 and Origins what you see there is mostly what you get, but it's a lot more sparse. Exception: Return to Ravnica and Theros had ebooks
Scars had the articles and the minisite. TECHNICALLY it had the last true novel as well but it's so bad it's better left forgotten. Seriously, top 3 worst. Zen and Alara had novels. Chandra, Tezzeret, and Jace also had individual novels for their story/backstory. Gideon technically originated in Chandra's novel, The Purifying Fire.

Before Alara, Novels were king back to Urza's Block. Some of them were actually kinda good. wizards.com stories were mostly sidestories.

In the Tempest Block (aka the Rath Cycle), the best source was the cards or, for Tempest itself, the Storybook that was inserted into random decks (For the slightly newerfags: Tournament Packs. For the actual newfags: a sealed product consisting of about 3 boosters worth of cards and 30 basic land or so; the earlier ones, before masques, were a little smaller but instead of a one page insert on new keywords had a whole pocket rulebook. Or in the case of Tempest, a Storybook)

In Mirage, the wizards website had all the story you were getting. Seemed pretty epic but it was never developed past the summary we got.

Before Mirage, there was no good story source written at the time. Some novels got made later (covering Ice Age, Antiquities, The Dark, and Legends). There were also the old comics, that sort of covered Fallen Empires, Ice Age, and Homelands but mostly told their own story. They're fun if you can find them.

Before that there were the early novels, the ones Wizards didn't have direct control over. One pretended to be for Fallen Empires the rest were writers cut loose with only cards to go on. Their quality is very variable.
>>
>>54105305
>Return to Ravnica and Theros had ebooks

Now are we referring to the ebooks that you can now download off the site that contains all the articles or separate stories? Cause I haven't seen any download links on Theros like I have for Innistrad 2.

By "sparse" do you mean that there are just a bunch of things that are unexplained? Cause that seems to be the case for Innistrad 1.

Appreciate the write up. Pretty happy that they're now all on the site and I don't have to hunt down novels.
>>
File: 1494639716364.jpg (391KB, 963x786px) Image search: [Google]
1494639716364.jpg
391KB, 963x786px
I need your help /edhg/. I want to make a retaliation deck. A vengeance deck. Something that won't do much until you touch its board state. A hive of blue balled wasps who are just waiting for someone to throw a rock at the nest. That sort of deck.

Before I spend an hour going through all the generals imaginable do you know any that would fit this theme well?
>>
>>54105305
Time Spiral/Planar Chaos/Future Sight best books.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 223x310px
>>54105422

I like this theme, perhaps you want more colors though.
>>
>>54105422
Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts, with Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker in the 99.
>>
>>54105422
Kazuul or Rayne if you want to benefit when they come after you. One of the spellshapers from prophecy if you just want to kamekaze them into the ground. Depending on the color you pick you can make them discard their hand, get rid of their lands, or bounce their shit.

Also Kamahl, since he is a lot like the green spell shaper.
>>
>>54105422
I'd rather recommend Captain Sisay's Bearathon. Sisay, cards to hose certain strats, and tutors for those cards. Let them know that they shouldn't try to touch you. If they do, tutor for a card that ruins them and windmill slam it into play.
>>
File: 1494084030442.jpg (94KB, 754x850px) Image search: [Google]
1494084030442.jpg
94KB, 754x850px
>>54105520
>>54105536

God, if she cost 5 instead of 7 she'd be amazing.
>>
>>54105153

Explain further
>>
So if I'm playing Boros, is it better to deny my opponents card draw and ramp than to try to emulate it with artifacts?
>>
>>54105585
You could run Oketra's or Bontu's Monument and try to drop her to 6.
>>
File: 137[1].jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
137[1].jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>54105585
It's really too bad she's not a Cleric.
>>
>>54105700

Deny your opponents mana with MLD, you'll have mana with artifacts. Don't worry about cards because they can't cast their 10 card had if they have no mana
>>
>>54105686
It's because of limited that cards need to have rarities. If they put the crazy shit at mythic it doesn't pop up very often in limited.

Occasionally they go for the cash grab and print a card that's fine for limited at mythic, but it actually doesn't happen very often
>>
File: Cz0NeDtXAAAmlpK.jpg (104KB, 450x616px) Image search: [Google]
Cz0NeDtXAAAmlpK.jpg
104KB, 450x616px
>>54105072
by the hammer of purpose of my people and the magiks reaped by the labor of mother zada, I WILL BREAK YOU!

move over weak capitalist pigs and make way for REAL SOVIET DAMAGE!
>>
I recently acquired a Crucible of Worlds. Should I build Titania, Gitrog or angry Borborygmos?
>>
>>54105882
Buy a Strip Mine and build Azusa, Lost but "Go fuck yourself, no lands."
>>
How do ezuri claw of progress and meren of nel toth stack up? I have both precons from ages ago but never did anything with them, could they be viable in a semi-competititve meta?

If I had 100$ to put into upgrades what would you get?
>>
>>54105801

Keep going, I'm still not getting it
>>
>>54106004

Meren seems more fun
>>
>>54106004
Meren is better both out of the box and with upgrades. As a value engine she's absolutely insane thanks to her ability to put your cards back in your hand if you don't have enough experience to reincarnate.

If you decide to upgrade Ezuri, the first thing to get would be a Sage of Hours, which makes for a very easy infinite turn combo.
>>
File: face.png (825KB, 976x1186px) Image search: [Google]
face.png
825KB, 976x1186px
>>54105811
>>
>>54097680
>there is literally a card named Saltblast
Huh! Neat! Is it...
>it's meh
Oh. Least it hits planeswalkers...
>>
File: leys.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
leys.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>54106357
you are like baby, hiding behide your smug annie may girls. let me show you superior soviet majiks.
>>
>>54094732
depends, are you playing Spoopy Skellington Neheb?
>>
File: hue.jpg (104KB, 750x432px) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
104KB, 750x432px
>>54106624
>Red threatening White with enchantments
>>
>>54106713
if i showed you a red spell you would be like >stops preventing damage for only ONE turn

there is no pleasing you.
>>
File: 1496606108199.gif (2MB, 154x273px) Image search: [Google]
1496606108199.gif
2MB, 154x273px
>>54106770
welcome to every internet argument
>>
File: 3'5;ltkl324.jpg (28KB, 430x312px) Image search: [Google]
3'5;ltkl324.jpg
28KB, 430x312px
>>54106770
>>
>>54106812
>>54106883
i find your collection of electronic pictures disurbing.
>>
>>54106993
>>54106993
>>54106993
>>
>>54104661
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/judgment-day-avacyn-the-purifier-edh/
I'm building this right now!
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.