[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game General /sbg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: hobbit.jpg (73KB, 824x428px) Image search: [Google]
hobbit.jpg
73KB, 824x428px
A brand new MEGA full of filthy hobbitses edition.

> Rules and stuff (There and Back Again sourcebook missing, please share!)
https://mega.nz/#F!V2xRFIiL!vv7xwUAFnPFxLrmtrxiSXg

> Army Builder & Community
https://pastebin.com/5QfkeC3e
>>
Should have called it One MEGA to rule them all edition...
>>
So LotR SBG is a thing again? how nice.I played it a lot once upon a time.
>>
>>54084124
Thanks for the upload OP, good to see some love for this game.
>>
>>54084271
GW kind of admitted that this game is still played, and renewed support in some form.
>New models by FW
>Middle earth team in the studio, led by Adam Troke
>New rule edition rumoured for the summer of 2018
>Some OOP models came back too
>>
Anyone know of any rule sets to adapt the game to play in a historic medieval setting?
>>
>>54084704
Not sure what you are asking.
If you want to play historicals with LotR rules just leave magic out.
If you want to play LotR with historical rules you should probably ask in /hwg/. Saga would be my first though but really any game set in the dark ages or medieval times would do.
>>
>>54084704
I saw some people doing that.(historical with LoTR rules) They basically just leave out the magic users/monsters/etc, and use the profiles of generic soldiers for historical dudes. Some of the different characters can even pass as generals/heroes from history. The skirmish rules are pretty good (imo the best rules from GW) and can be adopted for a lot of settings.

If you are interested in the other way, consider what this anon said
>>54084744
There are even homemade battleboards for LoTR in SAGA, and I saw house rules for them in KoW too.
>>
I would like to build 2 small armies to play with friends, what do you guys think would be a good pair?

I would like to have 1 good and 1 evil. I'm not very fond of the ork models, so for evil it would probably be Isengard or evil men. For good, I love the dwarf models, but their durability makes them seem a bit dull to play against.

I would also really like to include Gandalf and 1 or 2 of the named nazgul.
>>
>>54086067
Basically, just pick two of your favourites. For evil, Isengard is a good choice, they are easy to get/paint/play, and the evil men are also not bad. they have a healthy variety of units, and they have some of the named nazgul as the part of their lists.
For good, you can pick one of the 'natural enemies' of your evil army. So Rohan against Isengard, Gondor against Harad, and so on. If you like dvarwes, don't be afraid, choose them. They don't have to restrict themselves to high defence units, the rangers/iron guard/regular dwarves without shield all give up defence in favour of something else. Also, even if going for the durable guys, their defence is easier to crack nowadays, thanks to the flood of S4 and the spec. strikes and monsters. A dwarf-easterling pair could be a nice and themed base to start with, and you can easily mix in other heroes/units as well.
>>
>>54084651
I love that despite how dumb the goat riders and crossbow dwarves are FW did give us mattock dwarves and a good chariots at last.
>>
>>54086280
Thanks for the tips, Haradrim look fun to paint, so I'll probably go with a horde of them, mordor troll, and maybe a nazgul on felbeast. For good, maybe some dour dwarfs backed up with dwarf and Gondor rangers + Gandalf, or Rohirrim cavalry.
>>
>>54086375
>harad
Remember: watchers of Karna.
>>
>>54086317
The new models are mostly hit or miss, and they have some of the most magnificent sculpts mixed with some dumb things.
Most of the flaws in the minis can be blamed on the design of the movies, and imo this is the biggest fail of the new range, as the Hobbit movies have a very different visuality than the LotR ones, and it restricted the sculptors' possibilities. This lead to the two different ranges, and the current situation of the game.
But after all, mediocre releases are better than no release.
>>
So what are you guys working on?
>>
File: DSCF2532.jpg (4MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2532.jpg
4MB, 4000x3000px
>>54088835
Mordor. Excuse the crappy pic.
>>
>>54086317
Yeah, those chariots look rad
>>
I really should dig out my LotR stuff.

Got a small pile of elves and some orcs.

There were some really nice figures in the LotR range but between general disgust of GW pricing, quality control and the move to finecast I got a tiny number of the ones I liked.

The Khand stuff the Perry's made looked so great but just couldn't bring myself to put that much down for a game that really was hardly played in my area.
>>
File: bruz.jpg (266KB, 1560x1264px) Image search: [Google]
bruz.jpg
266KB, 1560x1264px
Do you think they'll add characters from the Middle Earth games?
>>
>>54096059
I hope not, even if Rogash was great that means including Talion and his imagine friend.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.