[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gladiatorial Arena Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

What can i add? this is going to be a short game I'm running soon where the players are gladiator types. probably 2 sessions max.

other than just "go in and kill X and return" what else can i have? and good green texts or stories to get me pumped?

currently all i can think of is just have various combatants against the party with different modifiers like traps or no weapons. maybe end it on a freedom escape or else they have to battle royale eachother.
>>
>chariot racing
>wild animals
>flood arena for naval combat
>>
>hunt down opposing team's animal while defending your own.
>movable set pieces in arena, perhaps trapped
>performances between fights like executing criminals or a circus act
>types of game like king of the hill or capture the flag
>the pc combatants spectate dramas and theatrics played out in the arena from their cell which foreshadow a plot hook
>>
>>54084039
These >>54084068 are good ideas. Also keep in mind that the fights are meant to entertain the public, and there's an Emperor that decides life and death of the contestants often based on the people's reactions. Since it looks like a casual campaign, it would be fun if victory (aka life) was awarded to whoever does the most badass/gory/ballsy thing earning the cheers of the crowd and not just to whoever points the blade at someone else's throat.
>>
>>54084039
Are the players all part of the same ludus? Maybe put players on opposing sides. Maybe insist they all adopt outlandish personas.
>>
>>54084039
>>54084370
I was thinking of doing a gladiator scene in the (distant) future with exactly that.
The point wouldn't be killing everything but to please the organiser (probably a djinn sultan), and the players would know it (a npc would warn them and offer anything stylish they may want for the fight). For example team treason could be rewarded for once, because drama for the crowd. Maybe they could have to consider jobbing in style to the favourite?

Also I was considering adding a random events: no weapons! wait new weapons! wait the floor is water now! And now all the beast, will the contestants unite to fend of the beasts or be opportunistic?
>>
>>54084039
Remember to make sure they win the crowd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfN_DEBrUVI
>>
>>54085045
Sightly unrelated, but I'm working on a similar concept (combat in front of a crowd or audience) and I actually do want "winning the crowd" to play a role. How would you do so? Right now a "good fight" (long, takes a lot out of both competitors, varied tactics used) and showing off (are you not entertained) as ways to get the crowd into it. Would you recommend anything else?
>>
>>54086911
If we're going off of gladiator for this, I would say one way of winning the crowd would be having a unique personality.

Such as the scene where the emperor puts a thumbs down, Maximus throws his axe away earning him the title of Maximus the Merciful.
No one wants a predictable show where he does everything like a script.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.