[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just played my first Roll20 LFG game with random people, (I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: varg wizard.jpg (105KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
varg wizard.jpg
105KB, 900x900px
Just played my first Roll20 LFG game with random people, (I've only played Roll20 with friends or just in person). We played Labyrinth Lord and it was great, I actually had an awesome time. It was kind of awkward at first but we really gelled and the game itself was so fast and fun, we had a lot of deaths but a lot of laughs too.

Did I just get lucky? Or is Roll20 really alright, and old school D&D actually that fun?
>>
File: THUMBS UP.jpg (208KB, 818x600px) Image search: [Google]
THUMBS UP.jpg
208KB, 818x600px
>>54082575
>Old School DnD

Here's where you went right. All the grognards, sperglords, weeaboos, and autists are playing 3.5 or 5e.
>>
>>54082575
You didn't play 5e, 3.5 or PF so you avoided all the shit that comes with it.

Roll20 is alright if you avoid the shitty systems.
>>
>>54082575
>>54082778
>>54083955
>5e is where the speglords are
Weird, the only time I played through roll20 properly was D&D5e with a bunch of mexicans (I'm spanish)
It was standard, typical, campaign of a short dungeon crawl with some traps and not too difficult encounters culminating in a fight against a beholder. Simple and clean, I had a lot of fun and everyone was nice, perhaps the GM was too eager to throw us a bone and help, but some of us almost ended up dying and his attempts at inmersion were bretty good

I guess I was lucky
>>
File: 3rd Party Content.png (119KB, 222x221px) Image search: [Google]
3rd Party Content.png
119KB, 222x221px
>>54084048
5e is the most popular TTRPG out right now, followed by 3.5 and Pathfinder, so playing it always a gamble. Sometimes you'll get a good group of reasonable adults, sometimes you'll get a bunch of manchildren wanting to play their slutty elf waifus and super-powered anime characters. The best way to ruin a great idea is to add too many people, and 5e is already not "great" to begin with.
>>
>>54084075
I see

My opinion is that at the end the game itself doesn't matter shit and how much fun you are going to have depends on the people you play with

I had a lot of fun playing the shittiest homebrew of Daggerfall you can think of because it was with decent friends of mine
>>
File: 903.jpg (53KB, 600x768px) Image search: [Google]
903.jpg
53KB, 600x768px
>>54082575
>Did I just get lucky?
Probably. It's fairly easy to find a good Roll20 game, but the problem most of the time is that people just don't try at all with where and how they apply and fail to see various red flags (GM approves every applicant with 0 screening, there are things they don't like they ignore, etc).

Roll20's badness is a mixture of memes and the fact that bad experiences are more memorable and fun to read than a "I had so much fun!" story.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.